GM Zer0darkfire's 1-03 The Mosquito Witch (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire

Map Slide


101 to 150 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada will quickly dart to the innkeep and inquire about procuring a drink for the both of us and the stranger. If water is all he has, then Amada will take it before returning to address the rambling man. Hail, stranger! If that doll is giving you distress, I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands. What is distressing you so, stranger? If it has something to do with the plague of insects around here, we’d be eager to learn more.” Amada pulls down his scarf and swats any stray insects off of his arms, his bird, a chair, and the immediate span of the table before sitting down next to the curious man. “My name is Amada Caradulyn, and Thomas and I seek to get to the bottom of this mystery and see this plague eradicated. Please, anything you can tell us would be of great aid in our endeavors.” Amada smiles at the stranger before being quickly cut off by a mosquito going up his nose and down his windpipe, causing a series of breathless hacking coughs before spitting it out.

“...hhhh... hhheh... heheh, apologies, please c-cuhontinue, ki-hind sir.”

based on the life experience of an asthmatic teen from louisiana


Oakfist

“Hello and well met. My name is Haru Kwon. I’m a bit of a traveling scholar, though I have a lot of work to do to make a name for myself in that field.” she says as she pets Peaches.


Amada

“It’s following me. Ha...hah hahaha! Of course its following me. I’m being stalked by a doll!” Quintus crushes the paper in his hands. “’The iron cave will fall’... what is that supposed to mean? What do you want from me?!”

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

No no no-dangit! Well, so much for taking the doll from him...

Amada clears his throat before continuing, clearly confused by the direction of the conversation. Maybe if I just... take it again from the top? ”Hey, so... um... as I was saying, my name is Amada, and this here is Thomas? Yeah. Are... you from around these parts? If there’s... um... is there... aaaanything we could help you with, maybe?”

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"So, you are a scholar, then?" Hamir asks with only a modicum of apparent interest. "Other than entomology, whatever field of study would have brought you here? To this town?"


Amada

The man drops the doll on the ground, “An idiot. An absolute idiot...” The man laughs sadly to himself, before jerking himself upright. “Oh, wait, you’re... where are my manners? Sorry. Introductions. I’m Quintus. Quintus Chevunier. Just visiting...thanks to this doll.”


Hamir

“I’ve been traveling around the River Kingdoms, recording the local legends and customs. For obvious reasons, Shimmerford was high on my list to visit. I may have gotten more than I bargained for.”

DC 14 Perception check:

Haru has a much more personal investment in current events than she is admitting to.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Interesting work that. I bet this story will be well up there assuming the eternal buzzing does not give ya nightmares. Just be sure to capture me good side when we solve this thing." says Ravelgar. As he goes to flex his arms a few dozen mosquitoes pop from the increased blood circulation as the firm boulders for muscles that the dwarf exudes hold them in place.

"OH MY!" bellows the dwarf, trying to wipe the fresh blood flowing down his arms away with a cloth fished out of his pack.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"So, it would seem." Hamir replies. "Rumor is this plague is the work of one Mosquito Witch. Have you heard tale of such a creature over the course of your studies?"


Hamir Crookfeather wrote:

[dice=Perception]1d20+4

"So, it would seem." Hamir replies. "Rumor is this plague is the work of one Mosquito Witch. Have you heard tale of such a creature over the course of your studies?"

“Just what I’ve heard from the townsfolk. It’s a little contradictory, isn’t it? Some people seem to think it’s a hag, others a demon, others a priest of Ghlaunder, and others a ghost. If you’re planning to go looking for it, I’d bring cold iron along—that would help you against demons and hags—and fire to help burn away swarms of insects. And if it turns out the witch is a ghost, run and hide! Your weapons won’t do a thing against spirits, and I doubt you’ll have enough holy water to chase it away.”

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas listens, trying his best to follow the pair's conversation. There's another mention of a cave. Might mean there's a possible future location to look for.
"Good to meet you Quintus. How do you do?"


“It’s in my nightmares... Go on, laugh!” Quintus snaps. “Laugh at the paranoid madman! Ever since I came too close to this damned town, I can’t get rid of it. It shows up and doesn’t say anything but when I wake up, I know things. Six and four dead on the Shimmerford road. But how? But why? Is the witch causing it? What does that have to do with the mosquitoes? And why is someone stealing shovels? I don’t even know how I know it... Maybe I’m supposed to cause it."

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"You seem a well versed traveler. Bet ya have some amazin' stories. I'd love to hear some of em over an ale." says Ravelgar as he wipes the rest of the blood from his arms. He gets down on a knee and starts to run his hands through Peaches fur. "This is a beautiful creature. Never seen the kind before. Where did you get em?"

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"Yes, it may be beneficial to exchange tales." agrees Hamir. The halfling clearly keeps his distance from he canine.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

"Ah, Quintus, what if it isn't what you think? Are there not those blessed, or cursed, by a god with sudden nightmares, and with dreams and knowings? Perhaps you are one of those?"

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada blinks his eyes as he refocuses on the conversation. Talking to this stranger was... cryptic, to say the least. Shimmerford road... that should be somewhere outside I suppose? I’ll have to ask another villager about that and see if something matching has happened in the past, else I suppose I’ll keep an eye out...

”You say you’re not from around these parts? Then, why is the Witch targeting you with these visions? Have you possibly encountered it before somewhere?”


Ravelgar the Oakfist wrote:
"You seem a well versed traveler. Bet ya have some amazin' stories. I'd love to hear some of em over an ale." says Ravelgar as he wipes the rest of the blood from his arms. He gets down on a knee and starts to run his hands through Peaches fur. "This is a beautiful creature. Never seen the kind before. Where did you get em?"

“Peaches is a sapsali. You don’t see them much outside of Hwanggot, but grandpa brought his dogs when he came over and wound up with puppies out his ears.”

DC 17 Occultism check:

recognizes the sapsali as a breed of dog from Hwanggot (a nation in eastern Tian Xia, a distant continent) that is rumored to be able to dispel evil spirits.

critical fail (7 or lower):

recognizes the sapsali as a breed of dog from Hwanggot that is rumored to be able to attract evil spirits.


Amada Caradulyn wrote:

Amada blinks his eyes as he refocuses on the conversation. Talking to this stranger was... cryptic, to say the least. Shimmerford road... that should be somewhere outside I suppose? I’ll have to ask another villager about that and see if something matching has happened in the past, else I suppose I’ll keep an eye out...

”You say you’re not from around these parts? Then, why is the Witch targeting you with these visions? Have you possibly encountered it before somewhere?”

“I don’t know. I have to figure it out. It’s trying to make me do something and I have to make sure I don’t... ah gods, what if telling you was what it wanted? No, no, it couldn’t have known I would talk..."

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

Occult: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Your companion is most interesting." notes Hamir. "I have heard tales that such a fine creature is capable of dispelling evil spirits. To here the locals describe recent events, it would seem that such a talent would be most welcome in this town."

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Ravelgar, upon hearing Hamir doubles his efforts of loving on the animal. "Capable of dispelling evil spirits! To think you had a talent like that!"

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

"Quintus? Would you like a drink, perhaps?" Perhaps a drink might soothe his mind, and make him slightly more coherent.


Quintus looks up at Thomas, "...hmm? Oh...sure, if the doll didn't expect it then I guess its ok."

Amada, what are you doing when Thomas goes to get a drink?


Hamir Crookfeather wrote:

[dice=Occult]1d20+5

"Your companion is most interesting." notes Hamir. "I have heard tales that such a fine creature is capable of dispelling evil spirits. To here the locals describe recent events, it would seem that such a talent would be most welcome in this town."

"Ah yes, that is why I bring him along on my journeys. Most of the time, its just superstitious nonsense, but on the off chance its a real haunting, Peaches can tell." Haru replies.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5
GM Haru wrote:
"Most of the time, its just superstitious nonsense, but on the off chance its a real haunting, Peaches can tell." Haru replies.

"So, your 'Peaches', has not 'told' you about any spirits vexing this town?" inquires Hamir. "How long have you two been in town? And have you and 'Peaches', by any chance, made it to the place they call Witchtop Hill?"


"Peaches hasn't shown any signs that he thinks something supernatural is afoot, but, well, some of the townsfolk think it was some Ghlaunder cultists causing all of this. It certainly looks like something they’d do, doesn’t it? I wouldn’t say there aren’t, but Ghlaunder cultists like to pose as members of other religions in order to infiltrate towns. I’d be a little careful suggesting there might be a secret cultist among the villagers here, considering what they did to the last one. As for Witchtop Hill, I have not yet been there, I have other business to take care of first."

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"Yes, we had heard tell of the cultist's fate." notes Hamir. "Most unfortunate."

"As for your 'business'," he continues, "I do hope it to be profitable for you. Is it something that we may assist you with?"

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas lays down a silver, to get a decent, though not exorbitant bottle of wine, waiting till it is provided. He then returns to the table, with a few cups.

He sets the cups up in front of each, then pours a little into each.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

While Thomas is busy getting a drink, Amada will take the opportunity to grab the discarded paper doll to see if its salvageable, and also to just get it away from Quintus. Maybe this will make things a little easier for him...

Thievery, to snatch it away without drawing attention to himself: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Quintus notices you taking it, but also doesn't care. When Thomas returns and Amada looks back at where Quintus was, there is no one there.

Scribbled on the doll are the words, Amada, the iron cave will fall in Amada's own handwriting.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Aye, we'd be glad to help you out once we are done with this Witchy business." says Ravelgar as he stands up straight.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

"Where'd he go? To the privy?"

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada looks around, unsure of how someone could disappear in such an instant. Did I black out? How much time has passed? He looks over to Necalli, only to find her preening her feathers. No clues there.

Amada quickly checks the area Quintus was sitting for any other clues (Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19) before sighing and turning his attention to the doll. Definitely my handwriting, but why address it to myself? Some sort of... fugue-state, or maybe an impersonation? Another sigh. After a few moments, Amada begins unfolding the doll and taking notes on the fold pattern.

"I suspect that our friend won't be joining us for drinks, Thomas. Let's finish up here and go back to the search." Amada will accept Quintus's glass in his stead.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Thomas and Amada head out to find Oakfist and Hamir talking to a lady with a fluffy dog.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Ravelgar waves at his comrades upon seeing them. "Hey Amada and Thomas, come see this big fluffy saspaldi and its owner Haru. They came here looking to record the events and history of the town!" says Ravelgar. As he waves his arms about, a cloud of mosquitoes creates an almost aura around him before landing again.

"Did ya find anythin on your trek through town?"

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas looks at the bottle he is carrying. "A half a bottle of wine, so far."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

You've covered all the NPCs in town; where to now?

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

”Hm... a specter of sorts, perhaps? We can tell you more about it later. That said...” Amada turns to the person the others were talking to and extends his hand. ”You’re a new face! Amada Caradulyn; pleased to meet you.” Amada smiles curtly even as he uses his other arm to rapidly brush mosquitoes from himself.

EDIT: Guess we can try heading to the witch hill next if that’s all the town NPCs


"As I told your friends, I'm Haru Kwon, scholar of the occult, and this is Peaches." Haru says as she scratches behind Peaches' ear.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"It would seem that the information we seek is most likely to be found at the place appropriately referred to as Witchtop Hill." suggests Hamir, keeping his distance from Peaches.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Then let us head there. Seems to be the first place the witch was spotted. Maybe we will learn something of her." says Ravelgar.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

As you make your way down the road towards Witchtop Hill, a carriage pulled by six horses tears down the road near Shimmerford at dangerous speeds, the animals driven wild by the biting bloodseekers—the bloodseekers themselves were not fast enough to keep up with the carriage and are not present, though the horses are clearly bleeding from numerous tiny wounds.

There are three passengers on the carriage. You can save all of them if you act quickly!

Each player can preform one of the following actions:
Leaping onto the carriage: Holding on long enough to pull a passenger to safety requires a successful Acrobatics or Athletics check. If a PC succeeds, they extract one passenger and toss them to safety. The PC can continue attempting these checks until they fail, at which point the PC slips off the carriage and cannot continue. If you're making more than one check, roll 4 times unless you stop trying before then

Calming the horses: This method requires a successful Nature check. On a success, the horses hesitate long enough for one of the passengers to leap to safety, and two leap to safety on a critical success.

Creating a barricade: This method requires a successful Athletics or Crafting check, and likely involves the PC quickly shifting nearby barrels or maneuvering nearby crates into a somewhat stable configuration. On a success, the barricade slows the carriage enough for a passenger to leap free.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5

"Hrmm. Those horses are obviously panicked." notes Hamir. "I suppose something should be done about it."

Though his legs are short and have little hope of launch him onto the carriage, the Halfling nevertheless makes the attempt.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Wow...just, wow.

As if some raging spirit had suddenly welled up within his frail frame, the diminutive Pathfinder leaps aboard the carriage and begins to toss the passenger to safety, one after another, until his task is complete.

Hamir then attempts to calm the horse.

Nature: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Unsuccessful, he leaps back off of the runaway carriage.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

"You must have all had quite a fright." Hamir says, rather calmly to the rescued passengers as he rises to his full height. "Tell me, how did this all come about?"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Uhh, yeah, wow. I intentionally waited to check the thread because I only saw one post and was waiting for more.

Hamir single-handily jumps aboard the wagon and literally tosses everyone off in the short span of six seconds. Shorty after, the carriage and horses careen off a sharp ridge, shattering the wagon and freeing the horses.

"Oh my gosh, thank you!" says one of the halfling merchants. "What you did was amazing! Here, take these as a gift for saving our lives!" says another.

The grateful travelers give you what treasures they escaped with in recompense: delicate silver jewelry worth 4 gp and a minor healing
potion.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

That was quite amazing!

Ravelgar is left jaw dropped on the ground at the abilities of Halfling he has been traveling with. "Are you sure you weren't trained as a monk? You should consider it. I'm sure with moves like that you would master the discipline in no time." says Ravelgar as he tries to tend to the people.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5
GM Zer0darkfire wrote:
"What you did was amazing! Here, take these as a gift for saving our lives!" says another.

"I assure you, my motivation for intervening with the carriage was not material reward." replies Hamir. Nevertheless, the Halfling accepts the treasures offered, stowing the jewelry within his pockets and the potion in his pack.

Ravelgar the Oakfist wrote:
"Are you sure you weren't trained as a monk? You should consider it. I'm sure with moves like that you would master the discipline in no time." says Ravelgar as he tries to tend to the people.

"I have neither the discipline nor the patience, I'm afraid." Hamir replies. He then turns to the rescued halfling and the others.

"What events were they that prompted the carriage to get away from you?" he asks intently. "And what do you know of Witchtop Hill?"

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas shakes his head at the halfling's amazing actions, and looks at the passengers that were saved. He pulls out some of his herbs and poultices, to apply to any wounds that may have been taken.
Natural Medicine/Herbalism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

A quick audio aid for what just happened

Amada blinks his eyes as he registers the situation, turning to jump aboard the wagon before noticing it had already been cleared. ”Wha-“ Is this the Mosquito Witch’s doing? I could have sworn there were- huh? What? Amada’s head swivels again to see the distressed passengers thanking Hamir. After staring incredulously for several moments, he shakes his head vigorously and pulls on his eyelids, unintentionally knocking mosquitoes free in the process. What was in my drink? I take one sip and don’t know where I am anymore...

”Um... That was you, I assume?... Hamir? That was surely impressive. Incredible work!” Amada laughs, stopping short as he feels sick. Definitely the alcohol. No more drinking on missions, Amada.

”Well, um... with that mess out of the way... shall we head to the hill?

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 12/12 | AC 15 | F +5 R +5 W +6 | Perc +4 (low-light vision)| Stealth +2 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: frightened 1 --- 1st level spells 3/3
Spells:
1-charm, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +2, Arcana +2, Athletic-1, Craft +2, Deception +6, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +3, Library Lr +5, Lore +2, Med +1, Nature +2, Occult: +5, Perform +3, Religion +4, Society +5, Survival +1, Thieve: +5, Underworld Lr +5
Amada Caradulyn wrote:
”Um... That was you, I assume?... Hamir? That was surely impressive. Incredible work!” Amada laughs, stopping short as he feels sick.

"It is always wise to...check one's assumptions." is all Hamir provides in way of response.

Apparently uneager to speak of what has just occurred with regard to the carriage and its passengers, the halfling instead seems to push the conversation elsewhere. "If there is no further source of information to be had with regard to our destination, then we had best be going."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

"The horses just got spooked by the giant mosquitoes sucking away at them!" the first one says.

"Man, I can't wait to get out this place!" the third one says.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

You finish making your way to Witchtop Hill. You find a dimly lit grove of uncanny, bare-branched trees, with thousands of Mosquito Witch dolls nailed to the bark. Investigating the dolls reveals contradictory information as to who could have placed them or when they were placed, for a patina of grime suggests they have been there for a long time, but the dolls should not have survived in such pristine conditions if exposed to the elements.

Let me know what you are doing specifically in this area (I.e. seeking with perception, checking out the dolls, etc.)

101 to 150 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 1-03 The Mosquito Witch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.