GM Zer0darkfire's 1-03 The Mosquito Witch (Inactive)

Game Master zer0darkfire

Map Slide


51 to 100 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"So, what is this mosquito witch? Captain Smine didn't have much information on it." asks Ravelgar, continuing to swat at the mosquitoes he constantly feels crawling all over him.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada’s continued doll hunting exploits:
Amada considers the mosquito doll for a moment. He glances around for a moment, first ensuring that the doll doesn’t seem to belong to anyone nearby. ...Maaaaaybe if the mosquitos leave it be... Amada readies his trident and smokestick. He approaches the doll deliberately (Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25), before quickly thrusting the impromptu smokestick into the congregation to disrupt the mosquitos, hopefully long enough to create an opening to swipe the doll, using his trident to extend his reach if necessary. (Thievery: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16) He then quickly runs back to the others regardless of the outcome, swatting any insects that got on him fervently while quickly pocketing the doll if successful. (”Don’t worry, I’ll find you a proper home when this is all over.”)

In the house, Amada leaves the smokestick near the entrance of the house while inside, hoping the smoke will help spook the mosquitoes from entering. He looks at the juice for a second before wistfully fishing the pest out with his fingers and offering it to his bird, who doesn’t seem very interested.

”Seeing your village in such a beleaguered state reminds me of my home.” Sighing a bit, he throws the insect outside, lowers his ad-hoc face-mask and then takes a swig of the juice, causing his demeanor to brighten. Not sure what had to be beaten to make a brew of this color but- “Not bad at all, quite delicious in fact. Don’t worry about the mosquitoes, it’s completely understandable given the current circumstances. That said, we’re here to fix that. Whatever information you may have about these... odd? occurrences would be greatly appreciated in our investigation. We assure you we’ll help in any way we can. That goes for the rest of our team as wellll...lhas anyone seen Thomas? I could have sworn he was just here with us. Necalli, can you go find the man you were staring at on the boat? Try to lead him back here if you see him.

No idea how much time will have elapsed by this point in the conversation, you might be alone for a bit Thomas.


"No one knows anything for sure about the Mosquito Witch! It’s a thing that shows up outside of town sometimes, b-but I’ve never heard of it causing this much harm! I even think the little dolls people make of it are k-kind of cute. We used to throw a festival every year for it. Anna always made the best witchbread for the festival…" Galia replies to Oakfist. She then thinks to herself for a moment, "Ms. Mordha Lyons! She actually saw the Mosquito Witch, back in the day! One of the first! She doesn’t much like strangers, though. I don’t think she much likes a-anyone, truth to be told."


Necalli, Hawk-Owl Animal Companion:

Perception +5
11/11 HP
AC 16
Fort 4 | Ref 6 | Will 5
Fly 60', walk 10'
Low Light Vision

Attacks: Beak+6, 1d6+2 P; Talon+2(MultiPen), 1d4+2 S

Acrobatics+6 | Athletics+5
| Stealth+6

(In case I need to roll Nature for this to offer this slightly more complex command to Necalli, the roll is Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 to have Necalli hopefully find Thomas.)

Necalli lets out an abrupt "SKRaw!!" before leaving the room, and with any luck will gain altitude and find Thomas in the town. (Perception, with results that may vary depending on GM's allowance for animal intellect: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24)

Edit: Wow this thread is active at this hour!

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Who else has stayed in the town that we can talk to? Captain Smine seems ta think there might be something else at work here. Something trying to use the legend for other purposes. Has anyone shown up in or around town since this started that would be of interest?" says Ravelgar, as he tries to reach his back and give it a scratch. His irritation shows on his face as he can't quite reach the spot he is trying for. Darn bugs are gonna keep me up all night. Gonna need to add a few extra layers of dirt if I plan to get any sleep tonight.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

"Your accomodations seem rather... adequate." Hamir remarks upon entering the gnome's domicile. Otherwise, he has little to contribute to the conversation and instead fills the time looking at the insects buzzing around. He casts produce flame holding the furry ball in his hand to see whether the insects react to it one way or another.

At the mention of holy water as a possible repellent, he considers the properties of the substance and whether this local wife's take could be true. Recall Knowledge, Religion? Nature?

When Ravelgar asks about any newcomers. Hamir listens intently to the response, then asks, "And where could we find this, Ms. Lyons?"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Occultism to know if the statement about Holy Water is true.


"Most people think it’s…" Galia lowers her voice to a whisper. "…the witch. I thought that maybe it could have been a c-cultist of Ghlaunder, but that turned out to be wrong, so I don’t know what else it could be." she replies to Oakfist. "You’re not the only people that have come here looking for the witch. Most of the monster hunters gave up after the first couple adventurers were found w-without any blood, but there’s been a whole bunch of new people lately! Two of them showed up some weeks ago, a brown-haired human dressed all in white, and this halfelf woman with beautiful silky black hair and gold armor over this amazing red dress! Neither of them talked to me, though—they just went into the woods and never came back. I think they spoke to some of the other townsfolk, though! And this week, another two visitors showed up! There’s this really professional looking human woman with a white dog, and this nervous human man staying at the inn who really needs a shave and a trim. M-maybe you can find them if you look around."

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

Occultism re holy water: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Hamir ponders silently.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada chokes on his beat juice. Dangit, I forgot to look up what the heck a Glaunder was."No... no need to worry, just got a mosqui-ack-mosquito in my mouth is all. That -ahem- aside, how do you know that it isn't a cultist of this, uh... Glaunder, fellow... considering you sound pretty assured that it isn't? Has someone perhaps -ack, seen the creature they believe is causing this more recently?"

Whole humans sucked dry, huh? That seems like a little much for mosquitos, especially considering what we've seen outside the town... (Nature to Recall Knowledge in an attempt to think of any other creatures that might be able to drain a human dry: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16)

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas, having gotten a bit lost (he missed a turn, and was a couple blocks further on), looked up at the bird's call. Recognizing it, he sighed in relief, and turned to follow it, hoping it was to lead him to the others. As he walked, he continued to scrunch some of the leaves he had gathered together, rubbing them till they seemed to merge as a paste.


“Oh! Um. Yeah! Yeah! About that... um. So there was a Ghlaunder cultist who we found lived a little ways out in the woods! But when we found him the others got a teensy-tiny wee bit mad, and um... k-killed him. And then whacked him into pieces. And then burned his house to the ground with his body in it, and then salted the ground where the ashes were. But, um. The mosquitoes and bloodseekers didn’t leave. So I guess... it actually wasn’t him? I… I feel kind of bad about it now. And-and, the last person that saw the wit-ch was Ms. Lyons that I know of!” Galia replies to Amada.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Ghlaunder? Never heard of that one before." says Ravelgar, his hands by his sides, trying to will the itchiness away. "Sure you had good reason for it though. Salt'en the land may be a bit much, 'less ya tryin ta make a ..." Ravelgar trails off. This buzzing is too much. Makes one wish for the ears of a stone cruncher. They can't hear most of the time but that be a blessing in disguise. Specially in this place.

Ravelgar shakes his head, setting loose a small swarm of mosquitoes. "BY THE GODS! Are your services still available lassy? I could use something to keep them out me beard."

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

"May I suggest that we go and visit this, Ms. Lyons?" Hamir suggests to the others. Turning toward their gnome host, he inquires, "Do you happen to know where we may find such person?"


"Yeah-ah, sure, its the sideways all the way at the top of the town. She doesn't really like people though, so be careful!" Galai says as she downs a whole cup of mosquito-beet juice.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Hamir isn't really sure one way or the other about the holy water trick.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Having reached the group, Thomas just sits waiting, still working on making his paste. It's green, with hints of blue, and doesn't smell very good at all. But, the mosquitoes are avoiding his hands, so maybe it's working?

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

The mosquitoes avoid your hands, but they attempt to find any other place they can to find purchase on your body to drain you.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas, like others, starts to swat at the mosquitoes that land on him. His advantage is, everywhere he swats, he leaves the paste behind, and keeps the mosquitoes from returning there. His disadvantage is, he's spreading the smell all over his body...

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

"Well, thank you...Galai, isn't it?" Hamir says somewhat abruptly, rising to his feet. "You have given us much to ponder."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Heading off to Ms. Lyons house or somewhere else?

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

(Necalli will beat her wings to keep the mosquitoes disoriented/at bay, which should help Thomas’s situation assuming he’ll let the bird near him.)

At the response to his question about the cultist, Amada spit-takes, after which he opts to finish the rest of his beet juice in silence. Guess we know part of the reason it took so long to contact us, leave it to a mob to eschew both a proper investigation or due process...

”Thanks for the refreshment and information. We’ll be sure to let you know if we come across anything in our investigation.” Amada will also ask for the directions to the cultist’s burned out hideout, figuring it might have a few leads if all else fails.

(Amada is ready to depart to the next location, which I’m assuming is the Lyon’s residency.)

Amada keeps an eye open for the visitors Galia described, figuring they might know something or would perhaps be willing to share in the hunt. Never hurts to know where to find a potential lead. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

After leaving earshot of the house, Amada speaks up, “Can someone please tell me what a Glaunder is?”

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas, with no fear of animals, allows the bird near him. Hearing the question, he tries to remember what he can.
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

[spoiler=GM rolls]
something: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
something: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
something: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
something: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
[/spoiler

Thomas knows that Ghlaunder (pronounced GHLAWN-dur) is the chaotic evil demigod of parasites and disease. His symbol is that of a blood-engorged mosquito.

You head to Ms. Lyons home then while a think fog covers the town.

Map updated if you're interested

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

As they walk, Thomas moves near to Amada, and answers his question.
"Ghlaunder is one of the Dark deities; one of those that My Lord Erastil opposes. The dark one rejoices in Parasites, and diseases, especially ones that allow or are the function of parasites. Curiously, his symbol is a blood engorged mosquito."

He continues to slap, spreading the paste over his body. He might not smell the best, but even now, the mosquitoes are starting to avoid him.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

You arrive at Ms. Lyons home and presumbly knock on the door. The door to the home is opened by a young Tian man with dyed white hair, "Yes? What do you need?" he asks of you.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

"Good day." says Hamir, though his tone suggests nothing good about it as he brushes away more buzzing insects. "We seek a Ms. Lyons and have been informed that she may have seen what some refer to as 'The Mosquito Witch'?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Ravelgar nods along with Hamir's greeting. "We came to help the town with its trouble. My name is Ravelgar, what is your name?"

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

The man becomes vaguely annoyed, "This is the third day in a row you Báichī have come to bother Ms. Lyons. Can't you leave this poor woman alone?"

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Pardon fellow, but this is our first day in town. We simply wish to rid this plague of mosquitoes. Helping us our is helping Ms. Lyons out, do ya not see that?" Says Ravelgar, turning on his bar tending charm.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

“Perhaps you’ve confused us with some of this towns’ other recent visitors?” Medicine to see if Amada knows as much about mosquito bites as I do ooc: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 ”I can attest that we’ve only been here for a mere fraction of one day, sir; as you can see we haven’t had the time to develop proper sores from the bites yet.” Amada rolls back his sleeve to better show his lightly-covered arm; with how long they’ve been here, the arm should be only just starting to see inflammation from the bites. ”Surely if this were our third visit as you say it is, then we’d be pockmarked so thoroughly you could spend an entire afternoon drawing constellations on our hides.”

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Waiting, Thomas watched. He knew that he wasn't that great at public speaking, so left that to those that were better.

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

The man nods, "Fine, come in, but be gentle with Ms. Lyons, she isn't...herself anymore."


Mordha Lyons is a frail old woman, wrapped in a blanket and sitting in a wooden rocking chair. Her hands shake so badly she can barely feed herself, and she doesn’t respond at all to new visitors entering her room.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

Hamir walks directly up to the woman. The fact that she is sitting means that he can look her directly in the eyes. The halfling attempts to engage in her eye contact

"Greetings, Ms. Lyons" he says, reaching for her hand. He grips it almost tenderly and his tone seems almost compassionate towards the woman, a stark contrast to his attitude prior. "I am Hamir Crookfeather. My companions and I are from the Pathfinder Society. We are most pleased to make your acquaintance."

"We have been told that you know much of the goings-on within this town and pray that you may be able to provide us with some information." he continues. "That is, should you feel well enough to do so."

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada, noticing Thomas’s stance, approaches him while Hamir takes the lead in the discussion. You know, Thomas, our party could cover more ground by splitting up to search for clues. There seemed to be signs of life in a few of the other residencies here; perhaps we could save our companions some of the trouble of being harassed by insects all day if we struck out on our own for a spell?”

that is, of course, assuming the GM is okay with it

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas looks around, then gives a shrugging nod. "If it's safe enough, it seems a fair idea."


You're welcome to split the party if you'd like, just let me know where you want to go.

“It was all just a joke to them,” the old woman says, her voice pinched thin with bitterness. “They pretended to care, a little, when they were all scared that they would be next. Not much, even then.”

“It was up on Witchtop Hill. Up to the north, a little left of the three boulders and past the bend in the stream. We thought it was a dead animal at first, lying on the ground. It was when we got close that it sprung up, tall as a full-grown man. Came after us on its thin little legs. Didn’t matter how fast we ran, it was right behind us. I thought my heart would burst with the running. It was only when we got to town that we dared to look back. But we didn’t find it. Just sharp footprints in the mud, and smears of sicklysweet blood...And them, with their masks and their dolls and their festivals. They didn’t know what it was like. To have it in their dreams at night, to wake up with its little paper dolls by the bed. If they’d seen it, they’d never have dared. They don’t know what it’s like to see its eyes in every filthy little bug, for the whining of those insects to be like screaming in my ears." Mordha clams her mouth shut, before speaking again, in a trembling tone. “It took something from me. And I don’t remember it. I don’t remember it. No one will ever remember it.”

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Ravelgar listens in stunned silence, even the itching of the mosquitoes fading as he listens to the old woman's words. He tilts his head down to the ground, averting his eyes and feeling sorrow for making this woman re-live through such a traumatizing event. "Thank you for sharing this with us." Ravelgar says as he reaches out a hand to her, offer to take hers in his to comfort her. "We will rid you of this plague as best we can. I hope it leads to a lighter sleep for you and a sanctuary from these nightmares."

After a moment, Ravelgar turns to the Tian man who let them in. "Thank you for letting us in sir. Please continue to give her the best care you can muster. We are sorry for disturbing her peace. Hopefully we can bring some relief." he says as he makes for the door, brimming with purpose.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

Amada listens to the woman’s tale intently, before kneeling down to look her directly in the eyes. Amada speaks with absolute sincerity, trying his best to keep his voice level behind his internal outrage.”Ms. Lyons, thank you for sharing your past with us. I know well what it is like to have lost that which can never be returned, only to have those around you make a mockery of your trauma. Though our circumstances are different, your pain is one I have known all too well. I swear to you that we will put an end to this monster and find you the peace you deserve. No one will ever again suffer as you have, and I will do what I can to ensure the villagers understand the circumstances they dare make light of.” Amada bows, before rising up, trying his best to keep his emotions in check while aware of his own uncertainty. Deception to be convincing despite knowing full well the Mosquito Witch might not be behind the recent happenings.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

As he prepares to leave, he stops at the doorway to talk to the caretaker. ”Thank you for letting us speak to Ms. Lyons. I know not what has convinced you of our prior engagements, but speaking to your ward has enlightened me. I was not convinced until now of this Mosquito Witch’s existence, but now I am certain that it is out there. Know that, even if it is not at the root of our current mission, that the Pathfinders and Amada Caradulyn will return if it ever alights upon your town again. Whatever is out there, I guarantee we will put it to the sword, even if that day is not today. You have my word.”

Once all the party has had their chance to speak and are ready to go, Amada will address them briefly outside.

Let’s Split Up and Search For Clues:
”Our talk with Ms. Lyons has convinced me of the importance of our mission. With that said, I believe it would be in both our own and the town’s interests if we could accelerate our search. Thomas and I have decided that we will split up from the group for a spell so as to accelerate this village-wide interrogation. We’ll head to the east; you all can take the south. We’ll meet on the other side of town. If anyone finds anything that requires immediate attention, we can signal to the other group via our companions. If anyone objects, feel free to state as much; otherwise,I wish you good fortune in your investigation.”

After that, Amada is ready to get going; tl;dr is Amada and Thomas head clockwise from current position and meet the others as they head counter-clockwise.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6

The halfling glances over at the dwarf.

"It would appear that the taller folk prefer to remain with those of similar stature." concludes Hamir. "No matter, we shall uncover what we can on our own, shall we not?" The halfling takes leave of the old woman's dwelling and heads southward to the next structure.


Lyons no longer responds to anything you say, instead, she simply stares at you without blinking until you leave. As you turn to head out, she mutters something quietly, "It's always watching...learning..."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

Amada and Thomas head out into the fog in one direction while Hamir and Ravelgar head out in the other.

The fog is thick enough that you'll need perception checks not to lose each other, unless you're planning on using rope or holding hands.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas blinks at Hamir's words. "Huh. I truly hadn't even seen that."

He shrugs though, uncaring in the end. Moving out, he keeps an eye out for any more plants of interest. He's also curious, in a small town like this, where the alter to Erastil is.

Vigilant Seal

LN Twilight Halfling Sorcerer 1 | 25 ft. speed | HP 18/18 | AC 16 | F +6 R +6 W +7 | Perc +5T (low-light vision; Expert prof for finding hidden things )| Stealth +3 | Focus 1 | Active Conditions: none --- 1st level spells 4/4
Spells:
1-charm, fear, protection, ventriloquism | 0-daze, detect magic, prestidigitation, produce flame
Skills:
Acrobat +3, Arcana +3, Athletic+0, Craft +3, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +4, Library Lr +6, Lore +3, Med +2, Nature +3, Occult: +6, Perform +4, Religion +5, Society +6, Survival +2, Thieve: +6, Underworld Lr +6
Thomas of the Well wrote:
Thomas blinks at Hamir's words. "Huh. I truly hadn't even seen that."

I didn't assume any intent to offend by the characters, but was instead trying to show that Hamir, as a detective and an odd one at that, tries to look for patterns, whether real or imagined.

The halfling makes his way through the fog.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

"I believe our next destination is just ahead. Though I will have to get a bit closer to take note of its features." he says, hoping the dwarf is able to stick with him.

Horizon Hunters

M Elf Ranger 1 | HP15 | AC18 | Frt4 - Ref8 - Wil5 | Perc7, Dark/Low-Light Vision | Spe30 | Conditions: None

"If you're looking for patterns, Hamir, then you might find it interesting to note that we both follow the teachings of Erastil. Have no worries, we have the good of the community at heart." Amada chuckles at the exchange before heading into the fog due east.

Amada lets Necalli stay near Thomas, that way if they get split up he can just call the bird and reconnect with the rest of the pack by following the response. "With how thick this fog is, its hard to know if we've passed up anything of interest. For all I know we could have passed by a dozen shrines to Erastil and we wouldn't be the wiser." Amada smiles to himself, glad his emotions are starting to calm to down. "How're you holding up, Thomas?"

Perception to find a location of interest: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 Amada will also continue to keep an eye out for the other adventurers Galia mentioned earlier.

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas at least tries, first casting a quick Detect Magic, then looks around carefully.

He tries to look around him, as best he can.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

He then uses a Message cantrip, to carry the message "Can't see a whole lot. But, hope springs eternal."

Dark Archive

Giantslayer! || Emerald Spire Maps || || Witchwar Legacy ||

As you journey through the fog, you manage to stay in sight of each other.

Thomas and Amada find Shimmerford Inn and take a step inside. There is a man, hunched over and muttering to himself, by the front desk near the doorway. He is turning a paper doll over in his hands, the sweat from his skin starting to cause the paper to melt into something horrific looking. “They’ve all gone missing. And picks. Hammers. Rope. Lanterns too. Maybe it’s a thief? But maybe that’s what it wants me to think. There must be some significance... it’s probably staring me right in the face and I just. Can’t. Think of it!”

Meanwhile, Hamir and Oakfist wander around outside until a shaggy dog with cream-white fur bolts down the town streets, scattering the clouds of mosquitoes and fog hovering above the ground. A woman’s voice follows after the dog: “Peaches! Peachy! Get back here!” A Tian woman in simple traveling clothes sprints into view a few moments later, stopping to stand by the dog. “Sorry about that,” the woman says, as the dog whines for attention. “I didn’t think there was anything out here but insects, or I would have kept a closer eye on him. My name’s Haru Kwon. What brings you to Shimmerford? It’s not exactly a popular destination right now.”

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Dwarf | Monk 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 15 | Fort +8 | Reflex +5 | Will +6 | Perception +4 | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"Hello Haru, pleasure to meet you and Peaches." says Ravelgar as he looks excitedly at the dog. "Glad to see someone with some energy around here. We're from the Pathfinder Society, here to investigate what might be causing all this." Ravelgar says as he gestures around at all the swarming mosquitoes. He starts to swat and turn in place trying to get rid of as many of the parasites as he can. Darn things will leave me itching for weeks to come. I'll be looking like a pin cushion!

Grand Archive

Male Human Wizard (illusionist) 1

Thomas blinks at the unexpected statement, so replies "Good day, sir. Might I ask, then, is there a mine or cavern in the area?"

51 to 100 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zer0darkfire's 1-03 The Mosquito Witch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.