GM SpiderBeard's Fall of Plaguestone: Group One

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Battle Map and Game Art | Loot Tracker


51 to 100 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Elf Wizard 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC 15+1i+1c | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spell DC 17 | Speed 30’ | Hero Pts: 1/1 | Focus Pts: 0/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

“A fine song,” Anghariel agrees, and gives Milo and Ůlf both a small nod of acknowledgement. Evidently unsure how to react to being complimented on her name by Osveta, she eventually settles on a slightly awkward, murmured “Thank you.”

“Oh,” is her simple response when Pollo launches into a veritable discourse on the whys and wherefores of fighting. “I’ve never thought about it like that,” she says when he has finished. “But some of the mind’s dark places you might not wish to shed light on,” the elf finally ventures, having lapsed into thoughtful silence for a while. “It could awaken something you’ll never be able to rein back in.”

She looks from Cooky to Gigon. “He’d probably more upset if you interrupted his sleep to ask. Assuming that’s even possible.” Anghariel then turns to the rest of her fellow wayfarers. “This town we are travelling to, Etran’s Folly…I have also heard it called Plaguestone. I don’t suppose any of you know why? It’s a curious name for a town.”


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

Pollo leans over and hands the remaining bunch of grapes to the studius gnome. "They're sweeter than you might expect. Good stuff there."

In response to the elf's thoughts on his musings, Pollo offers, "Point taken. Easy for me to say now on the bright side of things, but I'd rather risk awakening unspeakable heartbreak and pain than sit idly by, wondering what might have happened if I'd had the courage try." As observant and insightful as he has tried to be, the young fighter clearly misses the unspoken truths of what his elven companion didn't say.

"I'm not sure I've heard of it either way. Both names sound pretty ominous. Unless the plaguestone is where you go to get healed from the plague, but I wouldn't bet on that one."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”Past you thinks that’s a fair trade, but future you might disagree,” Osveta muses.

”I haven’t heard of either, I just picked a caravan and joined up. At least it’s going somewhere” she adds, for the first time curious about their destination.


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

"Just a quick stop on the way through. I doubt we will be here long." Pollo yawns and stretches.


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”Hopefully.”


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Taking the offered grapes, Gigon put as many as he could into his mouth. While chewing, he glanced back at his book and was nodding occasionally. At the question of Plaguestone, he popped his head up and swallowed what was in his mouth, "Plaguestone? Hopefully, there isn't an active one. But don't worry if there is, I can help with that."


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”Hopefully not, but if so, glad to have you along.” Osveta says with a smile, obviously warming up to the healer faster than others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Rogue 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Special Power: none | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: none

Milo answered Pollo, "My grandad taught that to me; I don't remember how all the verses go. Okay, here's another one:"

Upon the hearth the fire is red,
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet,
Still round the corner we may meet
A sudden tree or standing stone
That none have seen but we alone.
Tree and flower and leaf and grass,
Let them pass! Let them pass!
Hill and water under sky,
Pass them by! Pass them by!

On the merits of fighting for it's own sake, he commented darkly, "Sometimes, past the pain is death! And for those left behind, grief."


.

As Osveta tells off Ulf - or Olf? He shouts back. "I'm Olf silly! I just talked to you! Ulf is sleeping, I only wanted more cheese!"

He races back to his wagon, laughing hysterically at what is surely the prank of the century.

After this spectacularly failed prank, a light rain begins to pick up. It's now late afternoon and the sun's lights are filtering through the forest, cutting beams across the caravan. The air smells of rich loam.

"Up ahead is Plaguestone!" calls out Keldaran, the teamster driving your wagon. You hear a laugh. "Sure looking forward to that 'comfortable bed' Bort promised."

With your next post, please affirm what you're doing and where you are (i.e., talking on the wagon or walking alongside)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None
Milo Townsend wrote:
On the merits of fighting for it's own sake, he commented, "Sometimes, past the pain is death! And for those left behind, grief."

”For the lucky ones anyway.” Osveta added.

As the brother runs off she arches a brow and looks at her traveling companions ”I’m pretty sure eating a whole cheese wheel is a punishment in some militaries...”

When the rain comes she lets out a content sigh, holding a hand outside the wagon to let the droplets hit her arm. Getting a feel for the cold droplets pricking her she picks up her greatsword, having let it unceremoniously lay on the floor of the wagon, before simply hopping out and walking in the shower, occasionally catching some to drink but mostly letting it give her a light wash.

”I really hope the locals don’t get pissed when we ask about the name, cause we’re gonna.” she calls out.

Outside wagon.


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

Pollo strides with purpose just behind the wagon, only a few steps away from Milo and easily able to see into the back and continue any conversation with the three two inside.

"My little friend, that is exactly the kind of thoughts that keep people from reaching their true potential. Fear of the worst, or fear of the unknown." he smiles as the halfling's legs turn over in order to keep up.

Ninja'd!


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

hehe

”And what if dying is the best outcome?” Osveta calls over to the Fighter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Rogue 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Special Power: none | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: none

Milo walked with the two humans, pulling the hood of his cloak over his head to stay dry. He got the feeling that something terrible had happened to those Osveta had cared about, but decided not to pry. She'll talk about it when she's ready.

He didn't reply to Pollo, instead trudging along in silence. The man was young, and didn't know what he didn't know. Wait till you've lost a friend or two.

Walking beside the wagon.


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

As the rain started coming down, Gigon looks up and then snaps his fingers as if remembering something. Patting his bandoliers he found an empty vial, then uncorked it, stuck it out of the back of the wagon to catch as much of it as possible. Strangely enough, the vial filled almost immediately. Re-corking the vial, the Gnome slipped it back in his bandolier.

"Wouldn't want to have missed getting some of that," He said to no one in particular as he took his seat again.

If I'm reading this correctly, it's just Anghariel and myself in the wagon correct? Oh, right, position. I'm in the wagon, hoping to continue conversing with the Elf.


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

And the chef.


F Elf Wizard 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC 15+1i+1c | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spell DC 17 | Speed 30’ | Hero Pts: 1/1 | Focus Pts: 0/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

“A comfortable bed, yes,” the elf softly echoes when the end of their journey is within sight at last. And even if it proves not to be all that comfortable – which she wouldn't deserve anyway –, her life in exile has taught her to appreciate less-than-perfect amenities just as much as the fancier ones.

Falling silent, she watches the setting sun silhouette the treetops and breathes deep of the richly scented air, but unlike the others is not interested in getting her feet muddy by leaving the wagon. At this point Anghariel is no stranger to the feel of mud squishing between her toes, of course, but that doesn’t mean she wants to experience it again any sooner than she has to.

Her eyes lose focus for a while, but when Gigon speaks up she almost sleepily turns her head to look in his direction. “The rain?” she queries. “You are an…alchemist of some kind, I take it?” Her lips, slightly distended by one of the scars, twitch in a half-smile as she recognises how silly the question is. “Not too many other folk would be interested in getting a sample of some rain.” She glances out of the wagon at the others walking contentedly along in the drizzle. “…present company excepted, I suppose.”

Staying in the wagon!


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

"That's correct Miss Anghariel, I am an Alchemist."

Looking about to make sure they were the only two, (that were conscious at least), in the wagon. "Can I....can I ask you something? It's a little personal."


.

==============================
The Fall of Plaguestone
==============================
Part One: A Mysterious Murder

No sooner does the call fade from Keldaran's lips than it is overshadowed by a series of long, mournful howls emanating from the woods to either side of the caravan. Moments later, you hear cries of panic as a pack of mangy wolves descends from the forest with teeth bared!

Through the trees you see the loping shapes of three wolves heading for your wagon in particular. They are unpleasant beasts with scraggly, patchy hair and a rage in their eyes. The horses rear and panic, and Keldaran sets to work trying to stop them from pulling the wagon off of the road.

Initiative:

Gigon: Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Anghariel: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Osveta: Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Milo: Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Pollo: Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Wolves: Extra Mangy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Round One:

Gigon
Osveta
---
Wolves:
Yellow
Green
Red
----
Milo
Pollo
Anghariel

Gigon and Osveta have won initiative and go first! Reminder that pretty much anything is an action which includes drawing a weapon or getting down from the wagon. Map is updated.


.

Note that the trees have light undergrowth and are considered difficult terrain. They do not provide cover unless the Take Cover action is used.


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Quick question, can I get down from the wagon with the others right there?


Male Halfling Rogue 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Special Power: none | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: none

See Moving through another creature's space: "You can’t end your turn in a square occupied by another creature, though you can end a move action in its square provided that you immediately use another move action to leave that square." So the answer is yes, but you would have to move again to a clear square.


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”Awoo to you all too,” Osveta says before rushing to the other side wagon ahead of the others and sees the wolves. Gripping her greatsword she stares the beast down and waits, not about to rush off into wolf filled woods.

Demoralize: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Actions
> move 25 feet to other side of wagon in front of others (on mobile, across from Anghariel please).
> Grip greatsword in 2hands.
> Intimidating Glare on visible wolf.


.

What Milo said (thanks for moving Osveta!) also the wagon is piled high and you can hop off from any side.


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Gigon's head pricked up at the howling of the wolves. Looking out the back of the wagon, saw the wolves and Osveta moving around. Quickly, the Gnome climbed down and moves off to the side, pulling a blue vial from his bandolier.


Actions
> Climb down from the wagon
> Move to my position
> Draw a bomb


.

GM Rolls:

vs Osveta: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 1 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Osveta 2nd: 1d20 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 - 1 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
vs Gigon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
vs Pollo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Osveta Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Pollo Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Osveta and Gigon both hop down from the wagons with Gigon grabbing a bomb and Osveta leveling her best death stare at the incoming wolves, which seems to cow one of them.

The wolves rush in with terrifying urgency, attacking Gigon, Pollo, and Osveta respectively. The smell of the animals hits you before their teeth do. Up close they are patchy, flea-bitten creature who smell like a damp dog rolled in a corpse.

A wolf bears Osveta down, biting her arm savagely. She knocks the creature off, but immediately is overwhelmed by a sensation of tiny critters leaping all over her body.

Gigon sees a wolf coming right for him, but he manages to sidestep the assault.

Pollo also takes a bite on the leg, but thankfully doesn't get the same impact.

GM rolls:

Gigon
Osveta (-6) (sickened 1)
---
Wolves:
Yellow
Green
Red (frightened 1)
----
Milo
Pollo (-4)
Anghariel

Osveta takes 6 damage and has fleas! She is sickened 1 but can take an Interact action to remove the condition and brush the fleas off. Pollo takes 4 damage but is too sexy for fleas. Everyone is up!


Male Halfling Rogue 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Special Power: none | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: none

"Gah, mangy beasts!", Milo cried in disgust, drawing his sword. He stepped up to the wolf attacking Gigon and tried to stab the flea-bitten varmint.

Draw weapon, step, strike

Shortsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I don't plan on rolling critical damage dice unless I roll a natural 20 to hit.


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”Cur!” Osveta incredulously shouts out as she fidgets before raising her sword, the air blurring around it and darkening before she brings it down. A woodsman’s chop. Twice. Simple.

> Rage -1 AC +3 Negative Damage +4 Temp HP
>
Greatsword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 1 = 13 Slashing, Negative: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8
> Greatsword: 1d20 + 7 - 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 6 = 6 Slashing, Negative: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13
:(


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Seeing that he didn't have a good place to toss his vial without hitting any of his allies, Gigon changed his tactics. Sidestepping the wolf, he pulled his dagger and stabbed at the beast.


Actions
> Step
> Draw

Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage?: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Piercing


F Elf Wizard 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC 15+1i+1c | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spell DC 17 | Speed 30’ | Hero Pts: 1/1 | Focus Pts: 0/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

The first few words of the elf’s halting response to Gigon are drowned out by the howls of the attacking wolves. She falters and looks around frantically, wide eyes taking in the lupine shapes bursting out of the woods. Through good fortune or sheer cautiousness, Anghariel has managed to avoid getting into any real trouble after leaving her homeland…until now. But dread it though she has, the moment was bound to come eventually.

Stumbling to her feet, she quickly surveys the battle unfolding around the wagon. Abandoning the caravan is out of the question, as is simply keeping her head down and hoping the wolves won’t catch her scent – she has yet to make up her mind about most of these people, but there is no way she can just leave them to their fate against those mangy beasts.

At once fearing and looking forward to the sensation she is about to experience, Anghariel shakes back the sleeves of her robe and draws on the magic coursing through her mind, through her veins. She softly chants a few arcane syllables while drawing a sharply angled glyph in the air, and just like that an arc of lightning leaps from her fingertips and towards the nearest two wolves.

Action 1: Stride/Step to the other side of the wagon.
Actions 2 and 3: Cast Electric Arc on Red and Green Wolf. Each takes 1d4+4 electricity damage, subject to a DC 17 basic Reflex saving throw (on which Red takes a -1 penalty due to being Frightened 1).


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

GM - I'm shaky on exactly how this works - my reactive shield feat lets me "snap my shield into place when I take damage" - the way I read it it looks like it would increase my AC (which would still result in a hit anyways). Assuming that is all correct, this means my shield is already raised, right? Would it have absorbed the wolf's damage? That is the part I am the most fuzzy on.

"Why are they so sickly?" Pollo asks no one in particular as he pulls his flail brings his flail across, trying to catch the wolf in the jaw.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for Damage #1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Attack #2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 for Damage #2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Actions (please correct me if I messed this up)
Reaction prior to turn - Raise Shield
#1 - Draw weapon
#2 - Attack #1
#3 - Attack #2

Edit: If somehow I am lucky enough to kill a wolf in a single blow, I'll replace my third action with a move action to another wolf.


.

Short of it is you get the AC bonus from the shield which means you do NOT take the damage. I'll explain the rule in discussions.

GM Rolls:

Refl: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Initiative: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Demoralize: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d20 - 4 ⇒ (5) - 4 = 1
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The wolf would have bitten Pollo, but he snaps his shield down in place, years of training kicking into place. The wolf's face mashes against steel and nobody is hurt save the wolf's dignity.

Milo and Gigon work together, and surround a wolf which allows them both to take it down with a few well-placed stabs. Osveta, who we should mention has fleas, has less luck as she chops down twice with huge cleaver-like swings that eat nothing but dirt.

Up on the wagon, Anghariel rises up and carefully sketches in the air before lightning flies from her fingertips! However the wolf astonishingly hits the ground, and the lightning arc fizzles out harmlessly.

Finally Pollo brings down his flail with great authority on the wolf that tried to bite him, killing it instantly, he then moves to the next so he can help Osveta.

The fight continues to go very well, but as you move in on the last wolf, you see a new creature arrive. You see a very large wolf appear at the top of the trail. Green slim drips from its open maw. It rears back and lets out a baleful howl that chills you to your bones. The other wolves attacking the caravan join in.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The wolf engaged with Osveta leaps at the woman again, and the ragged teeth rip into her flesh, opening another wound.

Round Two:

Gigon
Osveta (-9) (sickened 1)
---
Red wolf
Caustic wolf
----
Milo
Pollo
Anghariel

Everyone but Gigon is demoralized and gains frightened 1! (-1 to any d20 roll for the next round) Osveta takes 3 damage! You have two wolves down but a big mean one just showed up. Everyone is up!


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

Pollo swings his flail again at the flea-ridden wolf now in front of him, hoping to take it out of the fight before the new addition makes it down to the wagon.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 1 = 15 for Damage #1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Attack #2: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 1 = 16 for Damage #2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Brace yourselves!" he calls as he lifts his shield, eyeballing this new threat.

Actions:
#1 - Attack
#2 - Attack
#3 - Raise Shield (I'm assuming I have to do this each round, right?)


.

Pollo's flail snaps down and with a sickening crunch, he breaks the back of the last wolf with two hard swings. Only the mega-wolf remains.


F Elf Wizard 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC 15+1i+1c | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spell DC 17 | Speed 30’ | Hero Pts: 1/1 | Focus Pts: 0/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

The huge wolf’s horrible howl causes Anghariel to yelp and cower behind the wagon’s sideboard. After a moment she pulls herself together again, mostly anyway, and inches out onto the driver’s perch before loosing another arc of lightning from slightly trembling hands.

Action 1: Step aside to get a clearer shot at the wolf – though I think Electric Arc doesn’t actually require it.
Actions 2 and 3: Cast Electric Arc on Caustic Wolf. It takes 1d4+4 electricity damage, subject to a DC 16 basic Reflex saving throw (already includes the -1 penalty due to Anghariel’s being Frightened 1).


Male Halfling Rogue 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Special Power: none | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: none

Milo felt a chill go up his spine when he heard the alpha wolf's howl. "Right," he said grimly, and moved along the edge of the trees to engage the new arrival.

Stride, stride, strike

Shortsword, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Nimble dodge against the wolfs first bite (AC 20).


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Seeing the warrior woman hurting, Gigon moved towards her, re-sheathing the frost vial. With practised blinding ease, the Gnome whipped up a quick potion.

Holding it out to Osveta, "Here, drink this."


Actions
> Stride
> Sheath Lesser Frost Vial
> Quick Alchemy to make a Lesser Elixir of Life


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”Wha? Oh, thanks!” Osveta says as she quickly takes the vial, not wanting the fleas to spread to the helpful Gnome. Chugging it she moves up alongside Milo before he gets eaten.

Let’s see if I do this right
>Take vial
>Drink vial (assuming that’s Minor, not Lesser (level 5))
EoL: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Yay!
> Stride

+1 to saves vs Disease and Poison. Full HP and 1 Temp HP remaining.


.

GM Rolls:

REflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The wolves seem to have an amazing ability to get out of the way of Anghariel's spells because a second lightning arc is entirely avoided by the canny canine.

Milo and Pollo move in; Pollo's attacks are turned aside by the wolf's hide while Milo manages to score a great hit with his rapier. Back at the wagon, Osveta grabs Gigon's elixir and chugs it to heal some of her nasty wolf-wounds. The fleas remain an issue.

In response to being stabbed by Milo, the caustic wolf does something very... unwolflike. She hunches over and a chuk chuk chuk noise comes out, like a dog about to throw up. However, when she opens her mouth isntead a vomit, she sprays out a stream of bright green acid in a line!

Milo Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Pollo reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

And now we learn about crit fumbles on saves! YAAAAY

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 3) = 15

The spray of acid grazes Milo, but Pollo is caught completely unawares. It slams into him full force, sending him flying back into the side of the wagon. He collapses to the ground, not moving, a horrifying sizzling sound coming from his body.

The violent spray of acid is enough to send the spooked horses completely out of their mind. The horses turn and charge violently into the side of the road down a ditch.

Anghariel Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Thankfully Anghariel manages to keep her feet.

Round Three:

Gigon
Osveta (-3) (sickened 1)
Pollo (dying 1)
---
Caustic wolf (-9)
----
Milo (-7)
Anghariel

Pollo takes 30 damage! Milo takes 7 damage. Everyone is up!

Anghariel made a reflex save. However the wagon has moved (indicated by the square on the map).


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

Oh poop... Well this might be a very short career for this aspiring Dominus!

Recovery Check DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Oof... Veeeery short career indeed... Based on the reading I just did, I think this puts me at dying 3, right?

Pollo lies motionless in the dirt, face down and crumpled unnaturally from his far-to-late effort to spin out of the way of the acid. The last split second plays over and over in his unconcious mind, the wall of acid growing ever bigger in his perception, as well as his attempt to get out of the way that seemingly put him even more in the way.

Edit: Ok, so I just read a little on hero points. Seems like a good time to use my hero point to just not be dying... Can I do that now or do I have to wait until my next turn?


.

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Anghariel's electric arc hits a tree which then arcs back over to the caustic wolf! BZZHT

Round Three (fixed):

Gigon
Osveta (-3) (sickened 1)
Pollo (dying 1)
---
Caustic wolf (-13)
----
Milo (-7)
Anghariel

You use the hero point at the start of your turn (so next round) which will put you at 1 hp and conscious. At this point, highly recommended unless someone gets you on your feet.


.

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Anghariel's electric arc hits a tree which then arcs back over to the caustic wolf! BZZHT

Round Three (fixed):

Gigon
Osveta (-3) (sickened 1)
Pollo (dying 3)
---
Caustic wolf (-13)
----
Milo (-7)
Anghariel

You use the hero point at the start of your turn (so next round) which will put you at 1 hp and conscious. At this point, highly recommended unless someone gets you on your feet.


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Hold a moment, I might save you a point.


Male Gnome (Umbral) Alchemist (Chirugeon) 1 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 16 | F: +6, R: +7, W: +4 | Perc: +4 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Infused Reagents: 4/4 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Gigon, seeing the Pollo go down, knelt down and began to frenziedly treat his burns.

Due to my Field Research, I can us Crafting in place of Medicine, as long as I am trained or better in Medicine (which I am).

Here goes nothing Crafting: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

No, I refuse to lose a patient my "first day". Burn a Hero Point for re-roll.

Crafting Re-roll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Better, but doubtful of success.

Realizing that what he had on him wasn't helping, he began looking around the local plant life for anything that might help.

Nature Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Oh boy.

Actions:
>> Administer First Aid (Stabilize)
> Seek out local herbs


Male Human Fighter 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 17 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +3 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 0/1 | Special Power: N/A | Reactions Reactive Shield; Attack of Opp.| Conditions: None

It looks like it's just that kind of day for Pollo... :) Nice efforts! I'll burn the point if I need to, I'm not to worried about it. Hopefully I don't finish dying before then... talk about cutting it close!


Male Halfling Rogue 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Special Power: none | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: none

Milo cried, "What sort of wolf is this?", as he repeatedly tried to stab the alpha wolf.

Shortsword, frightened 1: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Shortsword, frightened 1, agile MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 - 4 = 17
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Shortsword, frightened 1, agile MAP2: 1d20 + 7 - 1 - 8 ⇒ (6) + 7 - 1 - 8 = 4
Piercing damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


.

@Gigon since you don't have battle medicine I'll allow you to re-take your turn.


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

I don’t think we’re frightened anymore.


Female Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 | F: +8, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Reactions none| Conditions: None

”One that really needs to die!” Osveta calls out as she hacks in a frenzy.

> Greatsword: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9 Slashing, Negative: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 121d6d1d20 + 7 - 6 ⇒ (16, 14, 15, 8) + 7 - 6 = 54 Slashing, Negative: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
>Greatsword: 1d20 + 7 - 11 ⇒ (11) + 7 - 11 = 7 Slashing, Negative: 1d12 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 3 = 16


F Elf Wizard 1 | HP: 13/13 | AC 15+1i+1c | F +4, R +5, W +7 | Perc. +5 | Spell DC 17 | Speed 30’ | Hero Pts: 1/1 | Focus Pts: 0/1 | Reactions: None | Conditions: None

Afterwards, the elf isn’t entirely how she avoided being tossed head over heels when the terrified horses took off along with the wagon she’d been standing in. Shakily steadying herself against the sideboard, Anghariel takes in the scene before her – Milo and Osveta are working on bringing down the monstrous wolf while Gigon is desperately trying to save Pollo’s life.

Everything happened so fast that she remembers the vile acidic spew disgorged by the beast only belatedly, not to mention what it did to the incessantly chatty young human. Her heart skips a beat or two at the thought of losing someone, anyone at this point, but one realisation quickly forces itself to the very front of her mind: if that wolf is not brought down quickly, there is no telling how many deaths it will cause before the day is out.

Hiking up her robes a little, she hauls herself gracelessly over the side of the wagon and drops to the ground, only just managing to stay on her feet. The urge to go lend Gigon a hand is strong, but his purposeful movements suggest he knows what he’s doing, and so Anghariel decides to move closer to the wolf and its assailants instead. As she slips into the tangled undergrowth she hunches closer to the ground, almost moving on all fours in an attempt to make herself as unseen and unheard as possible.

With any luck, the beast won’t catch her scent before it’s too late.

Action 1: Climb out of the wagon.
Action 2: Stride into the undergrowth.
Action 3: Hide! Or try to, anyway. According to the rules the GM makes the Stealth check in secret, so I won’t roll it here unless said GM wants me to. If hiding isn’t an option I’ll Take Cover instead.


.

I'll resolve the round after we sort through the Pollo situation in discussions.

51 to 100 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Fall of Plaguestone: Group One All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.