Gods and Monsters and Heroes

Game Master Daxter

This is the story of a time long ago, a time of myth and legend. The gods used to be petty and cruel plaguing mankind with suffering. However, that time has long passed. The gods themselves have grown out of their petty squabbles and feuds and have realized that they were wasting their gifts. The gods are far closer to politicians than the lords they were in the time of old but no less powerful. In fact the gods themselves now live on Earth in the Hall of Olympieion. The building is less of a temple and more like a government building. The campaign takes place on ancient earth and will mostly center around the country of Greece and its neighboring countries.

Map!

Loot!!


751 to 800 of 834 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

”Coming!” With a clatter the armored warrior began squeezing his way through, cursing whenever his armor got caught.


Male Human(Amazing)

It is a +1 Adamantine Trident. Also Varocles is under the effects of prayer while in this room.

Varocles stabs the stalker with the trident while the rest of the party works on getting into the fight.

Vs Flat-Footed: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 1 = 14
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 4 = 9
Vs Flat-Footed: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 1 = 26
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

The stalker misses with his first blow but is able to recover and land his second on Varocles.
Varocles - 25, Stalker - 9

Varocles is up!


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Varocles will take a 5’ step away from the creature and cast CMW on himself...

CMW: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


Male Human(Amazing)

Unfortunately there is no place for you to 5 foot back and be out of reach of the stalker. You are between it and the statue. You can change your action if you like. You'll have to cast defensively, or use a wand if you want to heal yourself.


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Sure, let’s try it with a wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Human(Amazing)

Varocles heals himself as the rest of the party gets into the room. The stalker, seeing others coming to aid Varocles takes a parting strike before retreating.

Vs Flat-Footed Varocles: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 12 - 1 = 29
2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 - 1 = 11

Polyoinos Inspires Rage! on the party and steps forward drawing his spear.

Varocles - 30, Stalker - 9

Party is up! Teledoros only has a move or a standard action.


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

That stalker has dynamite attack rolls!

Varocles heals himself again...

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"It's moving that way," he points.


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Kyronai focuses and murmurs a few words, forming a shimmering bolt on his bow when he draws its string. He releases and the bolt shoots in the direction Varocles is pointing, where it explodes into thousands of sparkly motes that cling to every invisible thing in the area.

Casting glitterdust. DC 16 Will negates the blinding effect.


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Teledoros scrambles out of the tunnel, continuing to sing his inspiring song. He keeps going past the rest of the party and takes up position in front of Varocles.


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

With glitterdust exposing the foe, Amphitryon stepped forward and...

Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

...thrust his spear at the enemy. While he wasn’t used to tunnel fighting, he was fortunate in that his spear was perfect for it (so long as he didn’t have to point it at the ceiling).


Male Human(Amazing)

Varocles continues to heal himself.

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Kyronai casts a spell outlining the stalker which also blinds the stalker. Teledoros finishes making his way into the room. Amphitryon takes advantage of Kyronai's spell and lands a solid blow. The stalker aims it's appendages in the direction of Amphitryon.

Vs Amphitryon: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 1 = 23
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 96
2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 - 1 = 6

Vs Amphitryon: 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 1 = 18
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 91
2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 - 1 = 8

Will save vs Glitterdust: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Polyoinos moves to aid his comrade.

Raging: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Varocles -28, Stalker - 35 Blind, Amphitryon 6

Party is up!


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Varocles will again heal himself...

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Amphitryon felt slow. Ever since the troll-mage had savaged him. He cursed the old wounds as he fought, knowing that he could do better. That he would do better. If they survived this current mess, that was.


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Kyronai didn't know what this thing was, but now that he could see it's outline, he could shoot at it.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Teledoros continues to sing inspiration to the party and takes two shots at their sparkling enemy.

Arrow 1 to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Arrow 1 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Arrow 2 to hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Arrow 2 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

I forgot to add Teledoros' inspiration to my rolls. Not sure if it will make a difference.


Male Human(Amazing)

Varocles continues to heal himself as the rest of the party attempt to strike down the stalker. Amphitryon and Teledoros are able to land one strike a piece. The stalker attempts to retaliate on Amphitryon.

1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 1 = 23
2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 - 1 = 14
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 57
1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 1 = 28
2d6 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 - 1 = 9
Miss chance, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 65

Will vs Blind: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

The stalker is able to shake off the blindness.

Raging, Inspired: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 16
1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7

Polyoinos stabs at the stalker with his holy spear but his attack is dodged by the now sighted stalker.

Varocles - 24, Stalker - 53, Amphitryon - 29
Party is up!


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Varocles will move to a position where he can channel and miss the stalker while including Amph.

Channel Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 30' radius


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Not wanting to use all of his spells on their first encounter inside the mirror, Kyronai opts to again shoot an arrow at the attacker.

Ranged attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Teledoros continues to sing and follow up with arrows of his own. inspire courage round 5/11

arrow 1 hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
arrow 1 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
arrow 2 hit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
arrow 2 damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human(Amazing)

Varocles heals his party as well as himself. Kyronai unfortunately misses with his arrow as Teledoros lands one of his own.

Varocles - 15, Stalker - 61, Amphitryon - 20

Amphitryon!


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Amphitryon attacked, putting his focus on landing a blow rather than making a killing blow. That wasn’t to say that it didn’t hit hard...but what really mattered was making contact.


Male Human(Amazing)

Amphitryon lands a solid blow on the stalker but it is not enough to take it down. The stalker in turn tries to lay into the shadow warrior twice.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8

Its flurry seems desperate however and its fists only find armor.

Polyoinos continues aiding his ally with his magical spear.

Rage, Inspire: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Varocles - 15, Stalker - 74, Amphitryon - 20

Party is up!


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

Hit, Inspired, Rage: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

Inspired by the songs of two bards, Amphitryon felt the siren call of glory. Pushing himself, he squared his feet, put his spear atop his shield, and thrust it into the stalker once more.


Male Human(Amazing)

And with a final stab Amphitryon lays the invisible stalker low. Once the threat has passed you start searching the room in earnest.

Loot:

+1 Composite Longbow(Str +1)
Ring of Protection +1
Cloak of Resistance +1
Wand of Magic Missile (Caster Level 3) (35 charges)
Scroll of Restoration, Lesser
Masterwork Longbow
Wand of Touch of the Sea (30 charges)
Ring of Feather Fall
300 gold


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Once he's sure the room is safe, Teledoros explores the loot and picks up the enchanted bow. "A weapon fit for Apollo himself! Friends, do you mind if I use this as we venture forth?"


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Kyronai nods at Teledoros. "I am bonded to this bow, so it is difficult for me to replace it."

Anything I'm interested in the loot I'm assuming others who need it more will want first. I'll speak up if nobody picks the things I'm interested in. I've already got some good loot recently.


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

”Use it well, my friend. As for myself, this ring looks like a nice memento from this fight.” He held it up to inspect it, admiring it’s design.

More AC for standing in front and getting punched in the face sounds nice. I don’t think I need the bow, as Amphitryon can create javelins and other weapons that can be thrown. As for the ring of feather fall, it does seem useful for someone with a lot of ACP. I’ll claim it, and the ring of protection, only if nobody else does


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

"This trident is clearly touched of my god, so I shall maintain it, and I suppose that scroll."


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

After we get the loot sorted, Teledoros will check out the room for any secret doors.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

If nobody takes the cloak of Resistance I will. But I highly suggest someone else grabs it, as my saves are pretty good right now


Male Human(Amazing)

Teledoros searches and finds that the only entrance/exit to this temple is the small tunnel the party had previously used and what seems to be the original exit that has long been sealed.


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Ready to head back out, then.


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Yep


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Want me to take the cloak?


Male Human(Amazing)

The party makes their way back through the tunnel into the cave where they weathered the sandstorm. Things still seem rather safe though the weather seems to have changed. Instead of uncomfortable heat, it seems to be raining. Though not harmful, the visibility has been reduced.

5d20 ⇒ (13, 17, 10, 9, 5) = 54

Despite the weather anomaly, the party is able to navigate through it and you all see what seems to be a small settlement made up of shacks with a few intact stone buildings.


Male Human(Amazing)

Guys?


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Teledoros makes his way into the settlement on high alert, keeping an eye out for anything that might be amiss. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Varocles follows.


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Kyronia also keeps an eye out as the party approaches.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male Human(Amazing)

Both Kyronai and Teledoros spot a person watching them from one of the intact buildings though the features of this person are obscured by the rain.


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

Kyronai moves to point out the person to Teledoros, only to find the bard has already noticed.

I'll let the higher Charisma PCs hail the person.


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Teledoros holds a hand up and calls out in Greek, "Hail! We are travelers in this land, perhaps you can help us find what we seek!"


Male Human(Amazing)

Teledoros' greeting is greeted by a very quick response by way of a pair of arrows embedding themselves at the group's feet. "Go away or you each will get one right between the eyes." You hear a man say.


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Amphitryon raised his shield to protect himself from the incoming arrows. From behind it he called out ”Come now, is that any way to greet strangers? Might you at least tell us your name, or where we might be? Perhaps even what we might find in the area?”


Male Human (Greek) Arrowsong Minstrel Bard 3: Init +3 | AC 18 T13 FF15 | Hp 24/24 | Fort +2 Ref +6, Will +3 | Perception+6 | Spells: 1:2/3 | Perform: 11/11

Teledoros auto-assists on diplomacy, adding "Sit with us a while, we can share wine and song and leave as friends."


Male Human(Amazing)

"You will find nothing here." Despite Teledoros' aid, Amphitryon's words fall flat as the man disappears from sight.


Half-Elf Gloomblade (4) Wounds (13) HP (40) AC (24/12/23) Saves (7/4/7, +1 vs Fear, +2 vs enchantment) CMD (20) Dancing lights (1/1) Darkness (1/1) Faerie fire (1/1)

”They didn’t shoot us. That’s nice, I suppose. Not sure I like this place though. Where should we go from here?”


Half-elf Witch 4 ~ AC 13 (t 12, ff 11) | F+5, R+4, W+5 | Init +2, Per +9 | HP 30/30

"Jason said this realm is a prison that holds many terrors. It's no wonder that someone else trapped here would keep all unknown people at bay. Very sad.

"Perhaps we should be more persistent, though? Someone in the settlement could probably point us in the right direction to Circe. I can provide a cover of darkness that would conceal us as we approached town. If it gets dark here, we could be undetectable until we were within the village. If the light stays like this indefinitely, the area of darkness would stand out, but at least it would provide cover from any arrows."


Male Dwarf Seapriest 4 (AC: 18[T: 12 FF: 17] | HP: 31/31(0NL) | F+5*, R+4*, W+8* | Init: +2 |Perc: +12)

Varocles nods, "we didn't come all this way only to turn around and go home, right?"

751 to 800 of 834 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PF1 Gods and Monsters All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.