Ebon Fist's Ambush Under Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master EbonFist

Map


51 to 100 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

”Go get it, Bokke!”

Quensha just cheers on her allies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The kobold's name is "Bahque" so he is confused why an invader is cheering him on, but then decides that she has just realized the glory of the Shockclaw clan and is changing sides.

Round 3 the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke -2HP
Hayden

Bahque (Kobold) -3HP
Quensha

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Seeing the last one in the corner, I cast Ray of Frost at it. Assuming partial cover and in melee
ranged touch: 1d20 + 0 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 0 - 2 - 4 = -2
The ray doesn't even come close to the last kobold and barely misses Bocke as it ricochets off the wall right next to him and sputters out in the mud at his feet.
Looking slightly embarrassed and thankful it is dark in here, "Heads up, sorry..."

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke swings with a quarterstaff, and then steps back.

Quaterstaff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"D'oh!"

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Seeing the others having trouble, Hayden step back up to the corner and tries to lean out and around it to shoot.

I'm assuming he even can, and that cover will definitely apply.
Attack (cover): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 4 = 2
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Bocke probably moved back because of all of the gross misses heading his way.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

This encounter may end faster if we surrender, and accept his dinner invitation.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Finding no further threats round the corner, Castinus turns back to the combat expecting to see the kobold dead. Instead he gapes in astonishment at the staggering ineptitude of his comrades.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Loading another arrow, Kal attempts to again strike the elusive Kobold.

Longbow, fatigue, melee[/dice: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 1 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

"To be fair, I am much better with my claws..."

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

I stepped out of melee so that should be 19 to hit.


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Bahque is so fearsome, the invader who attacked him backs away. That's not going to do him any good, though and the kobold isn't going to show any of these big hairies any mercy. He brandishes his spear and lurches at Bocke.

His spear is coming right at the inquisitor's liver when Kal'Ryon's arrow transfixes his chest. He falls to his knees and looks around in confusion then falls on his face, unmoving.

And the Pathfinders have survived a deadly encounter, but they have not found what they came looking for.

I'm going to assume someone has some rope. If so, the DC to climb down and up is only 5 so everyone should be able to Take 10 to get into and then out of the pit. Soo...on that assumption, I'm going to move us along. Anyone can feel free to heal up before the next encounter.

As you follow the tracks this wide passage continues straight into the darkness as far as one can see, a five-foot-wide elevated walk running the length of its south side. The sound of trickling water echoes ominously through the hollow drainpipes all around.

Coming from the other direction is a large group of kobolds, the one in the middle with an obviously regal air.

As soon as he spots the Pathfinders, he calls out in Draconic:

"الأعداء والكمائن! هاجموا أتباعي!"

Draconic:
" Enemies and ambushers! Attack my minions!"

Place yourselves anywhere in the wider chamber on the left of the right half of the map (the one that the kobolds are NOT in.)

A New Challenger Approaches!:

kobolds: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
kobold leader: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Castinus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Quensha: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Bocke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Hayden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Svartill: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Kal'Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Round 1, the Bold may act!
Castinus
Hayden

Kobold Leader
Kobolds
Kal'Ryon
Bocke
Quensha
Svartill

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden calls out to the kobold chief. "We are looking for Derris Jerval! Do you know him? Derris Jerval!" He holds up his holy symbol of Sarenrae.

Readied action if they attack:

Cast Bless on the party (Assuming we're all in the new formation). +1 to hit for everyone.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke personally helps Kal'Ryon up the pit wall.

"In honor of you saving my liver, your next drink at the tavern is on me."

He grabs his dropped longbow and will accept any healing offered (but does not solicit it, as 'tis just a flesh wound).

Moving forward, Bocke looks carefully for other traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

---

Bocke tries responding to the kobolds in Undercommon.

Undercommon:
"Do you speak Undercommon? We are looking for a human named Derris Jerval!"

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus listens intently for the kolbold's response, rapier ready, knowing the coming moments will determine whether ot is to be cooperation or combat...

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

Quensha looks back and forth, Perhaps I should study more languages?

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus readies an action to hurl a flask of acid into the middle of the mass of assembled kobolds should they charge forward with hostile intent, or if hostilities otherwise commence.

throw acid flask: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 1

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 Do I get any sense of what is being said? Is it another dinner invitation?


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The kobolds do not appear to be interested in talking.

"لا تستمعوا! لا تدع هؤلاء الحمقى يخدعونك!" the central figure, apparently the leader, shouts.

Draconic:
"Do not listen! Do not let these fools trick you!"

Whatever he says sends the others into action. They shout a warcry which makes the tunnel shake (and causes someone from up on the street to say "What was that?" a moment later.)

As they charge forward, the Pathfinders are ready and Hayden Blesses the group even as Castinus hurls a flask of acid which strikes the leader right on the head and sends scalding liquid over all the others.

Five of them rush Castinus, three of them getting close enough to jab at him with their spears.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Two of them go past him (provoking an AoO from him on one or both if he has some special ability.)

One of them attacks Hayden and gets in a lucky shot but isn't strong enough to leave more than a bruise.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

The other attacks Bocke.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

The three who can't get into melee hurl stones at the party from their slings.

Sling vs. Hayden: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14
Rock!: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Sling vs. Castinus: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2
Rock!: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Sling vs. Bocke: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 4 = 2
Rock!: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

[ooc]Round 1 continued, the Bold may act!
Castinus
Hayden 1NL
Kobold Leader -1HP
Kobolds -1HP
Kal'Ryon
Bocke
Quensha
Svartill

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

I fire a Magic Missle at the regal looking one (star outline).
MM damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Then grab my light crossbow and 5' step over (south).

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke activates his Deflection Aura (+2 deflection to AC and CMD to all those within 20' of me), drops his longbow, and pulls out his quarterstaff.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

aoo: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Swarmed by kobolds, Castinus fluffs his attack as the little creatures scatter past him.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal steps in behind Castinus, letting go of his control he channels his chaotic energies into his claws rage #2

Claw #1 (Green): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Claw #2 (Green or yellow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

He swings at the creatures nearest him, but the cloud of battle hangs over his mind- weakening his attacks.

Rage Stats:
AC 15 (T:9 FF:14)
HP 30/30
F: 9 R: 1 W: 2

Guisarme: +8 (2d4+7]
Claws x2: +7 (1d6+5)

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Remember, everyone has +1 to hit from Bless

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

Quensha waits for a chance to be useful.
delay


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Both Castinus and Kal'Ryon barely miss their targets, even Hayden's blessing not quite enough to help them find their marks.

Svartill's unvarying enchanted projectile finds its mark...as it always does.

Round 1 continued, the Bold may act!
Castinus
Hayden 1NL

Kobold Leader -3HP
Kobolds -1HP
Kal'Ryon
Bocke
Quensha (due to delay)
Svartill

Just to let you guys know...to help us move along, after this round we'll move to kobolds going then pathfinders going instead of having the pathfinders broken up into 2 sections.


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

I'm going to go ahead and bot Castinus and Hayden to keep us moving.

Hayden slashes with his scimitar at the kobold in front of him.

Scimitar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Slashing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Castinus makes a stab at the one to his right.

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Piercing: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Neither one of them can quite connect. (Who knew kobolds were so tough?)

The kobolds are feeling pretty good about their chances and press their attack.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

One of them gets a lucky shot in on Castinus.

The one Hayden attacked attacks back.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

The one that attacked Bocke previously goes after him again.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The three who can't get into melee reload their slings and hurl more stones at the party.

Sling vs. Hayden: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 3 - 4 = 12
Rock!: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Sling vs. Castinus: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 4 = 19
Rock!:: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Crit?: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 = 6
Critical Rock!:: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Sling vs. Bocke: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 4 = 14
Rock!: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Another one gets in a very lucky shot on Castinus but doesn't put enough force behind it to do any real damage.

Round 2 continued, the Bold may act! As promised, it's all the Pathfinders' turns.

Castinus -4HP 1NL
Hayden 1NL

Kobold Leader -3HP
Kobolds -1HP
Kal'Ryon
Bocke
Quensha
Svartill


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Please kill some of these guys. "Rolling" all these dice takes forever.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden steps back and fires at the kobold attacking him.

Attack (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Success! Hayden transfixes the chest of one of the kobolds with an arrow, leaving an opening for his companions.

Can they capitalize?

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Loading up my light crossbow, then firing at green. (into melee with partial cover)

light crossbow: 1d20 + 1 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 - 4 = -1 Who broke the dice roller?

Bocke gets a flashback of the previous fight with everything flying by his head barely missing him.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"Fear not, the magic of my god is strong! And should I fall, the magic of my god will still protect me!"

Bocke has the Magic is Life trait, and will auto-stabilize if he is under the effect of a spell (such as bless) when he falls.

Bocke notches an arrow and fires at green.

This provokes an AoO but my other option - drawing the quarterstaff - does as well.

Longbow (Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 19
Arrow (Point Blank Shot): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Kobold Spear AoO: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
AoO Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Kobold Spear AoO Crit?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
AoO Stabby Stabby Crit?: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Dice Roller seems to be working fine for me...

Bocke makes a risky move and both pays the price and reaps the reward for it.

And another one down...and another one down...and another one bites the dust.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

delayed action, last round
Quensha makes a prayer and a glowing katana circles her body.
Casting Hedging Weapons

Have we still got the AC bonus from earlier?

This round

Quensha makes a fervent prayer for Shizuru's aid and steps up to protect Brocke.
divine favour

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Swarmed by the tiny draconic reptiles Castinus dodges left and right, batting away claws, bites and spears galore. Unable to land a blow with his rapier due to the close quarter melee, he pulls back and raises his weapon for a deadly thrust - only to be distracted by a spear thrust in the side plus a well-aimed but fortunately weakly-propelled slingshot just below the left eye. "My eye ! By Aroden's ars**ole, you'll regret that !"

He unleashes a lightning lunge into the kobold in front of him, then sidesteps to the north attack, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 201d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Apologies for the delay. If the first attack kills the blue kobold, he steps into blues's square instead of alongside it. GM, what does "1NL" mean?

If Castinus is melee attacked by a kobold next round, he will opportune parry/ripost
parry, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
ripost, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 151d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The battle begins to truly turn the Pathfinders' way as Castinus downs another of the sewer dwellers then moves to stand over its fallen body.

NL is Nonlethal damage. If a strength penalty would reduce damage to 0 or less it does a point of Nonlethal damage, instead.

Bocke, I couldn't find Deflection Aura, can you confirm whether it lasts multiple rounds?

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

ahh...of course

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

PRD - Protection: Defense Subdomain

Quote:
Deflection Aura (Su): Once each day, you can emit a 20-foot aura for a number of rounds equal to your cleric level. Allies within the aura gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC and combat maneuver defense.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal continues to press forward, leaving his pole arm on the ground behind him. He continues to lash out with his claws- this time focusing first on red sashed, and then the black.

Claw#1, Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Claw#1, Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

5 ft step, full round. Rage 3/9

"Press on my friends. The sooner these creatures fall, the sooner I can get my wine from Bocke!" followed by joyful laughing, and dripping of blood from his fingers.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Svartill is correct, and I should have clarified. It lasted one full round - which non-obviously means anyone who took an AoO in the initiative order before me this round (in addition to the more obvious kobold attacks plus AoOs from last round). In the main campaign I will strive to be super clear about this so you (EbonFist) don't have to work it all out. Sorry.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Okay, some fail on my part.

1. Castinus should have had +2 to AC on his attack from yesterday 8:18. His AC was 18 or 19 and you rolled a 20.

2. I just realized I had posted that I dropped my bow and drew my quarterstaff on Tuesday. I think my rationale was that I would rather take the AoO while under Deflection Aura. I still would have gotten hit from the AoO and it still would n9t have confirmed. My attack roll would have been (13)+1+1 = 15 instead of 19 and my damage would have been

Quarterstaff: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

I can:

(A) have the bow in hand
(B) do bow damage this round but do quarterstaff for the rest of the combat
(C) have the quarterstaff in hand

Ugh, sorry.


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:

Okay, some fail on my part.

1. Castinus should have had +2 to AC on his attack from yesterday 8:18. His AC was 18 or 19 and you rolled a 20.

2. I just realized I had posted that I dropped my bow and drew my quarterstaff on Tuesday. I think my rationale was that I would rather take the AoO while under Deflection Aura. I still would have gotten hit from the AoO and it still would n9t have confirmed. My attack roll would have been (13)+1+1 = 15 instead of 19 and my damage would have been

[Dice=Quarterstaff]1d6+1

I can:

(A) have the bow in hand
(B) do bow damage this round but do quarterstaff for the rest of the combat
(C) have the quarterstaff in hand

Ugh, sorry.

I'm not going to be too picky about this sort of stuff, especially since it doesn't make that much difference. Either Bow or Quarterstaff would have eliminated the kobold and you could just pick the bow up with a move action if you wanted to. We'll just assume you've had the bow the whole time, though, that you dropped it to draw your staff but then dropped the staff and picked the bow back up.


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Kal'ryon hacks down two more kobolds with ease, adding to the pile of reptilian humanoids lying in the muck and mire of the sewer under Absalom.

The confident, even smug look on the leader kobold's face slowly fades to distaste as 5 of his warriors fall in as many seconds. Apparently, he's not confident in the ability of the 3 remaining to protect him and he hefts a greataxe before wading into battle, himself.

The remaining three kobolds drop their slings and draw their spears to get into close combat.

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Kobold Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Stabby Stabby: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Kobold Spear Crit?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Stabby Stabby Crit?: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Leader's Greataxe: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Hacky Hacky: 1d10 ⇒ 3

With their illustrious leader in the fight, the kobolds show themselves to be fierce combatants. They land hits on both Castinus and Quensha.

Round 3(and a half?). The Bold may act.

Castinus -7HP 1NL
Hayden 1NL

Kobold Leader -3HP
Kobolds -1HP
Kal'Ryon
Bocke
Quensha -1HP
Svartill

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke draws another arrow and fires all the way across to the leader.

Longbow (PBS, PS, Bless, Cover): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 0 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 0 + 1 - 4 = 7
Arrow (PBS): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Bocke also moves up behind Castinus in case he needs to drop back.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

A determined, cool rage sets on Castinus' face as he takes another spear attack.

Sorry to nit-pick, but I think my parry/ripost would have blocked the 19 to hit / 3HP damage attack, and delivered 15 to hit / 8 damage in return. Pls clarify.

Hand deftly behind him held to balance himself, he plunges forward again to attack the leader this time, then steps back to allow his allies access to the fight. attack, 5' step back

rapier, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 201d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden nocks another arrow and fires it at the kobolds, but it goes high and impacts on the ceiling.

Attack (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

Quensha swings her katana at the orange goblin.
attack with bless, divine favour and flanking: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12
damage with divine favour: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Castinus Fulvio wrote:

A determined, cool rage sets on Castinus' face as he takes another spear attack.

Sorry to nit-pick, but I think my parry/ripost would have blocked the 19 to hit / 3HP damage attack, and delivered 15 to hit / 8 damage in return. Pls clarify.

Hand deftly behind him held to balance himself, he plunges forward again to attack the leader this time, then steps back to allow his allies access to the fight. attack, 5' step back

[dice=rapier, bless]1d20 + 7 + 1; 1d6 + 4

Yup. You're right. Not nitpicking just playing your character and the game.

Castinus deftly manages to block a kobold attack and just as deftly skewers it. It gapes in surprise for a moment at the unexpected turn of events before the light goes out of its eyes.

He follows up by making a lunge at the leader that finds its mark and leaves another wound on him.

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Frustrated at the performance of my light crossbow and other offensive spells, I decide to try something different. I cast Infernal Healing and move up behind Castinus and touch him delivering the spell.

+1 HP Castinus (1/10 rounds)

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal continues his merciless flailing of anger, claw, and blood. HIs black nails twist and rip against the remaining lizard creatures- first orange and then white.

Claw #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Slashing: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Slashing: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Rage 4/9

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Ah ! what's that?" Castinus jerks as he physically recoils from the Infernal Healing Svartill casts upon him. "It...mage, when we are done here " at this he ducks a kobold spear blow, "you and I will have words about what in Golarion that spell was!"

51 to 100 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ebon Fist's Ambush Under Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.