Ebon Fist's Ambush Under Absalom (Inactive)

Game Master EbonFist

Map


1 to 50 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

In his usual terse manner, Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin requested an audience in his office. He wasted no words once the last invitee had closed the door. “Some of you may know a novice named Derris Jerval. Last night I gave him an important message to deliver to an associate of the Society, a Varisian businessman in the Docks named Guaril Karela. I received word this afternoon that the package never arrived. I need you to look into it. “My initial inquiries lead me to believe Jerval entered the sewers mere yards from the Grand Lodge’s walls. I’m worried for his safety down there and annoyed that he wasn’t able to get the message to Karela. I need you to go after him. If he’s well, slap some sense into him and ensure he delivers the message. If he’s been injured or gotten himself killed, recover the message and make sure it gets to Guaril Karela at the Pickled Imp, a curiosity shop located in the Docks—and get it there soon. I’m counting on you, Pathfinders.”

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

"Do you have any idea why Jerval would have gone into the sewers? Was that part of the plan to reach Karela unseen?" The knight leans against the wall to ease pressure on his bad leg. "Is there any reason to believe Jerval would avoid accomplishing delivering the message?"

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

"Do you recall what he was wearing last? What you last saw him in? Maybe a rough description of him as I don't recall his name."

"And as Sir Hayden asked, was there any reason why he would have ventured into the sewers in the first place? That doesn't seem like the most direct route to the Docks, but I am new here and may not know the reasons. If we find him well I suppose the prudent course would be to escort him until the delivery is completed."


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Valsin sighs and scowls, neither one for guessing other people's motives nor long conversations.

"Lots of people, including not a few of the Pathfinders here, believe that the sewers are a short cut to a lot of places. I suppose they can be if you know what you're doing and where you're going. I don't see any reason why he might not have wanted to deliver the message. He struck me as eager to prove himself. Maybe the blamed fool got himself into trouble because of that."

He gives a quick description of Jerval including his clothing and finishing with "He'd just bought a pair of boots from a local cobbler. 'Pathfinder Specials' he called them. Supposed to be a pattern she's going to repeat. Go see here and you can see the treads to know what they look like when tracking him."

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

"To the cobbler." Quensha slips off her stool, "Oh, um... which one?"


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Valsin offers up the name of the shop. It is only a couple streets over.

"Ah, Pathfinders! You'll want the Pathfinder Special, I'm sure!" says the proprietor when they arrive. A blonde halfling woman of middle years, she offers a bright smile.

She offers up a sample of her wares in hope that they'll buy and particularly points out the bottom of the heel, where the sigil of the open road has been worked into the tread.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

”Oh, sweet. I might well be back here after pay day. Thank you.”

Quensha makes their excuses and heads for the sewer.

Speedrun, right?

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus muses why anyone in their right mind would desire a bootprint immediately identifiable to himself, and worse, to the Pathfinder Society. Out loud he mutters "This Derris Jerval must be either a self-obsessed fool, or a dangerous idiot. If we find him alive he deserves a boot up the backside. Glowering at the others, he grumbles "I have no love of sewers or their denizens - but I guess we must do as asked. Let's make this quick. He makes haste towards the sewer entrance Venture-Captain Valsin referred to, and begins a search for Jerval's prints.

Survival, Aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

I am here. No full update until later tonight.

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

"Thank you for showing us the boot print but we must be on our way quickly to find a young man who has recently purchased a pair. We fear he might be lost."

Does anyone know about the sewers or what might live down there?

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The scenes rush by Kal'ryon, and before he seems to get a word in edge wise- he finds himself at the cobblers with the others.

"The sewers can't be that bad. I mean, if you ignore the smell and the general darkness..." Kal takes the lead and begins to head down into the sewers first, pole arm in hand. Dark vision


Bocke casts light on an arrowhead in his quiver and heightened awareness on himself, and climbs down into the sewers.

He'll nock an unlighted arrow in his bow and look around.

Perception (Heightened Awareness): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

I'm not entirely sure how a PbP campaign decides who's making the Survival check. I'm going to post a Survival roll, it's meant to aid if someone else has a higher bonus than me.

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden follows the others into the stench of the sewers, limping as he walks. He taps Quensha on the arm as they walk. "Quensha, me dear. If something happens down here, I sense you'll be eager to rush in. The Dawnflower will protect your life. Do not be reckless, but know this: As long as I life, you shall not die."

Quensha feels an odd rush. Her blood and energy are buoyed in a way they never have been before.

Life Link on Quensha

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

"We're really doing this, going down there into the unknown? That smell is not unknown, I definitely don't like the smell. Who in their right mind would choose to go this way instead of just walking the streets? Not that the streets don't have a few peculiar oders of their own, but nothing like this assault on my nostrils I am now faced with."

Climbing down into the sewers, complaining all the way.

"I will say a quick prayer to Nethys such that he might guide a friendly air elemental down here to clear the air for us."

"We need to make this quick, I don't think I can survive down here very long. Oh my nose..."


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

With varying degrees of acceptance, the Pathfinders make their way into the sewers.

A set of muddy bootprints that match Jerval’s lead through the winding tunnels, following a small rivulet of stagnant runoff in a solid stone passage. The flow ends at an intersection with a perpendicular tunnel filled with a mass of filthy water and mud. The footprints continue in the mud to the east.

The map is up. Place yourselves anywhere on the exposed section. (Bocke since you're new, let us know if you have any trouble.) And to answer your question, normally one person takes the lead and others aid. It's a little more disorganized than face to face play since there isn't usually the table talk to determine who has the highest bonus up front but it feels more realistic to me. Since Castinus particularly said he was aiding, I'm taking your roll and adding his aid bonus.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"Smell? What smell?"

Years of tomb raiding and grave digging have taken their toll on Bocke's nostrils.

I found the link to the Google Slides map but I am unsure what to do. Bocke is unafraid of dark, narrow spaces, but he's a ranged fighter with no darkvision, so he'd defer to others if they want to lead.

Bocke puts a hand on Svartill's shoulder, casting guidance.

"Nethys need not send anyone else. He's already sent us."


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:


Years of tomb raiding and grave digging have taken their toll on Bocke's nostrils.

I found the link to the Google Slides map but I am unsure what to do. Bocke is unafraid of dark, narrow spaces, but he's a ranged fighter with no darkvision, so he'd defer to others if they want to lead.

The easiest way is to open up the slides then come back here, right click on your avatar picture and pick "copy image." Then, go to the slides window and right click and paste. It'll come in waaay too big and not in the spot you want but you can drag from one of the corners to make it small enough to fit in one of the map spaces and place it in the spot you want. (Although I know it's hard to see the grid lines on this part of the map.)

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

I am on mobile for another couple hours. Kal is happy to lead, but I won’t be able to drop a token for a little bit.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal ventures foreward, polearm in hand. He peers into the darkness- seeing deep into the dark of the sewer. He steps forward carefully and purposefully, following the directions of those who were able to find the tracks

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)
Bocke Reed wrote:
"Smell? What smell?"

"Is your nose broken man? I'm not sure if you are blessed that you can't smell this horrible place or cursed? Gods I wish there was a spell I knew to protect my nostrils from this filth."

I'd like to take a moment before we delve too far into the sewers to cast Message on everyone. I'll refresh it every 10 minutes as needed at this level.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

"Will you two shut up about the smell? It just reminds me that we're walking through s*$%..." Hayden follows Kal, squinting into darkness. His mother's elven heritage helps illuminate the shadows, but the darkest corners were still capable of hiding threats. "Bock, where do the footprints go?"

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"They go down the hall and off to the east."

Bocke peeks around the corner.

Map fail alert, I think I accidentally moved the background. I moved it back to where I think I moved it from. Sorry.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

Quensha casts light on her drawn katana.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus loosens his rapier in its sheath, and readies a flask of acid in his spare hand as the group advances towards the intersection. He leaps across the stream of murky water to the far side, to better follow the boot tracks.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

As Bokke and Kal'Ryon push ahead, the dripping and trickling of water filling the otherwise quiet (when everyone's not talking) tunnel, a deep rumble sounds out and suddenly, the floor gives way under them!

DC20 Reflex Save or: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 damage.

That seems to be a cue and four creatures come yelling out of the tunnels nearby, weapons at the ready.

Initiative:
kobolds: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Castinus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Quensha: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Bokke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Hayden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Svartill: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Kal'Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Round 1 the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke
Hayden

Kobolds
Quensha

The gray lined square is a 10' pit so...you'll have to jump it, climb down and up...shoot past...something... For those who triggered the trap, if you make the save, you manage to jump out of the way. You can go to any square outside of the pit adjacent to your current square.

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Looking at the newcomers (darkvision), I try to identify them.
Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 I probably know what they are but realize I probably don't know how to talk to them in their language unless...

I try to greet the newcomers in Common.

"Greeting, we mean you no harm and are down here looking for our lost tribe member. We are Pathfinders, which tribe do you belong to? He would have been down here a short while ago as you can still see his boot prints in the mud. Have you seen him come through here?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Sorry for my friends breaking the ground up ahead, we can help you fix it back up if you like."


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Svartill knows that they are Kobolds [ooc](and with that roll pretty much knows everything about them.) but they seem in no mood to converse.

They shout back in response, readying their weapons. "يكمن! يكمن! لقد حصلنا على كشافتك الآن سنقبض عليك لا أحد قد يتحدى عشيرة شوككلاو!"

Draconic:
"Lies! Lies! We got your scout, now we'll get you! None may defy the Shockclaw Clan!"

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Looking at the rest of the party.

"Did anyone understand that? Unfortunately that is not a language I'm fluent in." Nor Arabic

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 Do I get an idea of what they said? LOL nailed it.

"I think they want to invite us to dinner."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

"But they seem a little agitated."

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Reflex, DC20: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Holy crap, I saved that!!!

Kal feels the floor give way, and he quickly tucks into a roll- managing to just soften the blow into the fallen pit.

Blasted thing

He looks up and see the movement down the side of the tunnel, before trying to climb up the wall to the west.

"You think that you can capture me, do you?! Hahahah". His laughter echoes down the sewer tunnels.

Climb, DC?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

If that passes: 1/4 of 30' speed = 7.5 feet, so he can only move halfway up the wall of the pit on a move action. So... Double move to be next to the two creatures

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)
EbonFist wrote:
... if you make the save, you manage to jump out of the way. You can go to any square outside of the pit adjacent to your current square.

I think you missed that quoted part. You can just move next to them as part of avoiding the trap, then say hello to them up close and personal.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Not my first rodeo. But a good try, you almost got me."

Bocke drops his longbow and pulls out his quarterstaff. As soon as possible, he will 5'-step south to avoid blocking incoming ranged attacks.

Edit: and call down a judgement of Protection (+1 AC).

Point of order: is drawing my quarterstaff my surprise round action? I have assumed it is.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Kal'Ryon, Svartill is right. The save means you don't fall into the pit and you can place yourself right next to 2 of the kobolds.

Bocke, no surprise round. Technically, the kobolds got one on the round when you fell into the pit but they used it to get close enough to see you. Feel free to take a full round action.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"What is this - an ambush under Absallom?" cries Castinus as the front rank barely escape the plummet into the wet darkness of the sewer pit.

know local: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + (3) = 14"what are these lizard-creatures? There can be no grounds for parley with these backstabbing beasts!"

Castinus takes a move action to leap across the corner of the pit across to the south west, drawing his rapier as he does so. On landing next to the kobolds (acrobatics DC 10 allowing) he lashes out striking the northerly creature in a hail of thrusts:

acrobatics jump: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
rapier attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

what a rubbish clutch of rolls

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

I moved you Castinus, though I don't know where Kal should go.

Hayden shouts as the floor gives way under Bocke and Kal. When the Kobolds emerge, Hayden raises his bow and fires at greenish one. "Ambush!"

I think Hayden doesn't have any cover if he's shooting at the green one
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Thank you gentlemen, I did miss that!

Lifelike images flash through Kal's mind, of all of the possible outcomes happen simultaneously. He sees himself falling into the pit, but before he hits the ground he comes back to reality right before his foot touches down. He leaps ahead of the crumbling floor and finds himself face to face with a kobold.

HIs faces stretches into a long and knowing smile, and his fingernail begin to magically grow into gruesome claws. Rage

"Fancy meeting you here... friends"

Claw #1, Rage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 S/B: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw #2, Rage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 S/B: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke swings at the red monster.

Quarterstaff Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Quarterstaff Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Nethys, protect your servant against the infidels!"

Bocke calls a judgement of protection on himself, and steps to the southeast.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Hayden's arrow takes the greenish Kobold down just before Castinus swings at him (which is no doubt why Castinus misses.)

Kal'Ryon's slashing claw takes down another and the Western Tunnel is cleared.

Bocke does not have such luck on his side of the battle and his quarterstaff hits nothing but air.

Svartill everything you've done so far are free actions so you can go ahead and take your round of actions.

Round 1 continued the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke
Hayden
Kobolds
Quensha

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

I went in Round 1, I was seriously trying Diplomacy first, I'm not some murder hobo. Well okay I don't have a home so I am a hobo. But I haven't murdered anyone, yet.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Svårtill Gänglig wrote:
I went in Round 1, I was seriously trying Diplomacy first, I'm not some murder hobo. Well okay I don't have a home so I am a hobo. But I haven't murdered anyone, yet.

Fair enough. I admire your choice.

Both remaining kobolds abandon their slings, knowing what's going to happen if they try to use them with someone so close. They whip out spears, instead and stab at Bokke.

Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Stab!: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Stab!: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

One spear finds it's mark, though does little damage.

[ooc]Round 1 continued the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke
Hayden
Kobolds
Quensha

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Should I be updating my header after every action?


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:
Should I be updating my header after every action?

It's really a matter of taste. Probably better to do it between combats. That way, the running total of damage I keep (which you'll see later) can be compared to your HP.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

My jump is -7. my climb is -2. I will have to remove my armour to get past this pit...

Quensha sheathes her blade and takes a vial of alchemist's fire from her pack.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Quensha prepares to give any remaining kobolds a very bad day.

But, there are a lot of Pathfinders who are probably going to give them a bad day, first.

Round 2 the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke -2HP
Hayden

Kobolds
Quensha

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

"I thought they were inviting us to dinner, guess I was wrong."

5' step forward and cast Magic Missile targeting Red
missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

If Red is still alive, Bocke takes a step to the southeast and swings at Red. If Red falls, Bocke takes a step to the east and swings at the remaining kobold.

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"I'm not sure I'd want whatever they were serving for dinner, anyway. "


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Svartill directs a dart of dire death at the reddish scaled kobold. It lets out a little gasp of pain then collapses to the muddy, disgusting floor.

Bocke steps up, standing over the body and pinning the other kobold in the corner and cracks it on the shoulder with his staff.

The creature is clearly in pain but doesn't go down, just yet.

Round 2 continued the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke -2HP
Hayden
Kobold -3HP
Quensha

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The dead bodies in front of Kal quench his blood lust, and he allows his anger to release.

I must really learn to control my temper sometimes...

Release rage. Fatigues x2 rounds. Sorry, I don't have a great way to get to the other side of the tunnel.

He looks over and sees the dead creature on the other side of the pit, standing somewhat helpless on the other side. He drops his long arm and pulls out his longbow- knocking an arrow and sending it toward the blue creature.

Longbow, fatigue, melee: 1d20 + 3 - 1 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 1 - 4 = 14
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden steps back to try and get a better angle, but the kobold is tucked into the corner too well. He drops his pack, where he has a rope, but keeps an eye out for the kobold.

Can't do much with the angles. Readied action to shoot the kobold if he appears.

Readied Action:

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus looks up to see the remaining kobold wounded and pinned into a corner. Assuming he will be dealt with by the others, he instead ventures round the corner that his kobolds appeared from, searching for additional dangers.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Castinus pads quietly down the tunnels, searching for more threats. Other than the giant albino alligators and C.H.U.D.s, he doesn't find anything immediately dangerous nearby.

The kobold, though the last of his group, seems emboldened by the fact that he has survived against this pack of invidious invaders. He makes another stab at Bocke.

Spear: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d6 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

He's not very effective.

Round 2 continued the Bold may act.

Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Castinus
Bokke -2HP
Hayden
Kobold -3HP
Quensha

1 to 50 of 138 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ebon Fist's Ambush Under Absalom All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.