[PbP Gameday VIII] GM.BastardBard's The Veteran's Vault

Game Master Neal B


1 to 50 of 214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Feel free to dot in if you are on the Gameday VIII registration for this table.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

The ramshackle tenement outside of Korvosa softly echoes with the sound of light rain as Venture-Captain Sir Canayven Heidmarch begins his briefing.

“For this mission you will have to venture into the sewers beneath Korvosa. Sascha Antif-Arah,” he announces, gesturing to a haggard human woman who is past her prime but whose posture expresses confidence and experience, “requires access to a particular vault. The society is going to help her.” Sascha eyes each Pathfinder in turn then nods to herself with some satisfaction and steps forward gracefully.

“Some years ago my friends and I had made quite a name for ourselves around Korvosa, and our adventures earned us a considerable amount of gold. We stashed most of it in one of the Vaults after evicting the cult that had already claimed it.”
Sascha pauses for a moment, smiles, and shakes her head as if recalling particularly amusing details of the raid. “Anyway, I retired from the business after that, started up a shop, and lived peacefully until I got into trouble with the Hellknights."

“I can’t show my face in Korvosa because I don’t fancy spending my retirement in shackles, but I’m willing to cede my share of the loot in that Vault to you. It’s no dragon’s hoard, but it should be more than worth your time. The only thing I want from there is an old locket—nothing magical or worth fencing, but it means a lot to me. Once I have it, I’m getting out of this place and off to somewhere the Order of the Nail has no sway."

“The entrance shouldn’t be too hard to find, assuming you know what to look for,” she remarks as she fishes several folded papers from her haversack. “There’s an old service entrance into the sewers about a quarter mile north of my old shop in Midland; I wrote down directions that should lead you to the vault. There’s a big room inside, and I stashed my share under the flagstones in one of the small chambers nearby.”

She extracts a few more items from her bag and holds them out. “I hope you don’t need these, but you never know. I certainly won’t be using them in my retirement. Good luck to you, Pathfinders.”

The items Sascha grants the party include three
+1 aberration bane arrows, two antitoxins, a vial of antiplague, and an alkali flask. Sascha can identify their respective functions for you.

Please introduce your characters and ask any questions that you may have of Venture-Captain Heidmarch Or Sascha.

Silver Crusade

NG M Aerokineticist 5 - HP 53/53, 5 NL - AC 20, T 15, FF 15 - F+10*, R+10*, W+5* - Init: +5 - Perc +10, SM +8 - Burn: 1/7 - Active Conditions: Aerokinesis, Enveloping Winds (25%), Elemental Overflow (+1)

Earlier...
The door to the room bursts open seemingly of its own accord. A few seconds later, a gust of wind leads a weathered tanned man into the room. The gust of wind seemingly reverses direction and leaves the room pulling closed the doors behind it. The man, almost completely devoid of muscle but with skin taut and glowing with health, doesn’t seem to notice but just greets the group cordially. Glancing around the table, he offers a nod to everyone.

”Greetings.. I’m known as Peregryne. Yes.... like the bird. And equally affiliated with the wild outdoors and wide open spaces.”

After the briefing...
"How likely is it that the cult has returned in your & your companions absence? What about the Order of the Nail? Could they have tracked it down looking for you? What else can you tell us about the sewers? Any other dangers you faced while there that may still be around?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Figher 1 | AC 16/14/12 | HP 10/11 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | CMB+3, CMD 17 | Init+4 | Perc+6, Senses Low-Light vision | Sense Motive+0 | Speed 30' |

A sort of burly looking elf enters the room. he has green hair, and a longbow strapped to his back.

"I Am Endir. Hello."

After hearing the briefing, and hearing Peregryne's Questions, he says,
"I can't think about any other questions. Can anyone else?"

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Sascha replies, "There wasn't anything left of that cult, last I knew. As for the Hellknights, I have no doubt they would arrest me on sight, but I think it unlikely they spent any resources investigating where I've been when I had clearly left town."

As for the sewers:
“Korvosa’s sewers have lots of blackboil alligators, so I wouldn’t go for a swim unless you really have to. My group ran into some other strange creatures years ago, but our scholar usually identified them for us; I don’t remember what they were.”

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

Please update your character stats (initiatives, saves, and perceptions) as well as your avatars and proposed marching orders to this Google Slide. (It is now also a part of my GM tagline as "Veteran's Vault Maps.") There are also pictures of VC Heidmarch and Sascha that you are speaking with on Slide #3.

Silver Crusade

N Medium Boar 4 | Mods: Barkskin 25m, 3 Con Damage | HP: 34/34 30/30 (ferocity)| AC/Tch/FF 22/10/22 24/10/24 | CMD (trip) 17 (21) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 +5/+4/+2 (evasion) | Speed 40ft | Perc: +5 (low-light & scent) | Init: +0 (or acts with Dexter)

*Snort*

*Snuffle... snuffle*

The boar looks back at his owner, then up at the lady with sad brown eyes.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Sorry, wasn't able to dot into gameplay last time I posted in discussion so I almost forgot about this game! I'm here now, will get stuff updated on slides.

_______________________________________________________________

A small gnome with a childlike innocence comes into the room. Bounding in alongside him is a good sized boar, snorting at the ground. The boar slips up next to the lady and seems to be rooting around for some sort of treat. The fey-related humanoid speaks, "Easy there, down boy. She probably doesn't have anything for you."

He wears a basic brown and grey explorer’s outfit and carries a backpack. The boar seems almost better outfitted in studded leather with a loaded pack saddle strapped to his back.

With a smooth few words he hands out some pamphlets, "Good Day all, I am Dexter and my porcine pal there is Salazar. We are sustainability experts, just trying to make the world a better place. Seems like this mission will aid our goals just fine, with a bit of seed money. Take a look at the flyer and let me know after the mission if you are interested in the cause."

He turns to the VC and listens to the spiel, asking a couple questions. "Any traps we should know about? Where exactly was the hoard located and any details we need to know to get to it? It's a sewer, is there a lot of swimming to be done?"

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

"I wouldn't recommend swimming. Considering the alligators and things I've already mentioned. Once you’re in the sewers, you should be just a few minutes away unless you run into trouble on the way.”

Sascha then gives you more detailed instructions to the entrance to the sewers and the recommended path to take.

Silver Crusade

NG M Aerokineticist 5 - HP 53/53, 5 NL - AC 20, T 15, FF 15 - F+10*, R+10*, W+5* - Init: +5 - Perc +10, SM +8 - Burn: 1/7 - Active Conditions: Aerokinesis, Enveloping Winds (25%), Elemental Overflow (+1)

"Unless anyone has anything else they want to ask, do or buy... then I believe we are ready to go"

He wanders over to the door and waits for the rest of his companions to follow.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

We have three players currently in gameplay. If we don’t get a fourth we need to get an NPC. I would prefer to resolve that prior to our first encounter.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Figher 1 | AC 16/14/12 | HP 10/11 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | CMB+3, CMD 17 | Init+4 | Perc+6, Senses Low-Light vision | Sense Motive+0 | Speed 30' |

Agreed. Have PM's been sent to the others in the party?

Scarab Sages

Greensting Scorpion hp 5 | AC 18 | Perc +9 | Stealth +15 | Knowledge +5* (when Ne'er has ranks) | dark vision 60ft

Commanded by his master, Pinch sneaks up on Salazar and gives him a good little pinch on the rear, in the hopes of getting a charge out of him.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Neerduwyl takes one of Dexter's pamphlets, reads it, shreds into tiny pieces with her fingernails, and scatters the pieces around his feet. "If you think recycling is going to save us you're a fool. The Pathfinders need magic more than ever before. Especially given what the humans have done."

Neerduwyl gives Peregryne an icy stare.

"It looks like we have some good elven muscle, though, in the party, so I've offered to help, provided the naturalists don't mind me snapping my fingers to create a hex or two."

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Dexter merely smiles, "Not all wish to pursue the life I've chosen, that's fine. As for magic... I can do a fair bit myself. But half the time magic causes a problem instead of fixing it. It's part of the solution, but also part of the problem."

He goes on, really winding up, "And it has very little to do with recycling. My process looks more at reducing waste and reusing items to prevent the need for that expensive process. I think you'll find we have a very modern view towards the subject."

Welcome! Good to have at least four. Hopefully the fifth that signed into discussion shows and we'll be in fine shape.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Already bored with Dexter's waste reduction mission, Ne'erduwyl turns her lack of charisma and venomous attitude toward the pathetic old woman , "Antitoxins, anti-plague and alkali...there's a lot you're not telling us about the dangers of this mission. Care to tell us why you think we might need these?"

Thanks! Ne'erduwyl has a bad attitude. Don't mind her.

If the others don't show we can play low-tier with four.

Ne'erduwyl will pocket one of the antitoxins and the alkali, who will take the rest?

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

So sorry, folks. Game wasn't on my campaign list. Ready to go now.

Giovanni is a medium build human in a smart coat and glasses. He takes them off to polish them from time to time. He nods along with others and has not much to add at this time.

kn local for Korvosa: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Welcome Giovanni!

I'd vote that the rest of the items go to Endir, he's lvl 2 and probably likely to use the arrow and flask effectively.

Thanks for the clarification about the ascerbic attitude from Neerduwyl. I guessed as much, but it's nice to know for sure that it is just RP.

Salazar rears up and turns lightning fast on the little scorpion, blood in his eyes and spittle flying as he works himself into a frenzy. Dexter jumps in between the two with a calming voice, "Easy there... easy there. Save the fighting for anyone that gets in the way of our mission."

He thinks for a second, trying to recall anything specific he might know about blackboil alligators.

Knowledge: Nature + Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (2) = 20

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Yes, Ne'er is a selfish witch. Speaking of which, feel free to say something if Ne'er takes something better suited for another player...

Ne'erduwyl raises an eyebrow at Dexter. "Now, now, Pinch was just teasing the little piggy. We would never hurt our friends, would we, Pinch?

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

So, with the 5 we have right now, we are APL 3.4, rounds to 3. This is a season 4, so with 5 players we play up with the four player adjustment. I will reach out to our 6th today.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering)

10+:
Korvosa’s sewers shelter an immense number of rats—dire and mundane. In addition, goblins, wererats, and otyughs all exploit the immense amount of refuse discarded by the city’s citizens.

15+:
The garbage also provides nutrition for a wide variety of fungi and shade-tolerant plants. Most are not dangerous, but a rare few supplement their diets by capturing live prey.

20+:
Several types of oozes are known to prowl the Korvosan sewers, particularly oozes that use cunning camouflage to get close to prey.

Knowledge (Engineering OR History)

10+:
The Vaults employ a hodgepodge of architectural elements both due to staggered phases of construction and the inclusion of natural cave features.

15+:
Not all of the tunnels leading from the sewers to the sea have grates, and sometimes marine creatures work their way into the tunnels.

20+:
Early Korvosan engineers incorporated pre-existing construction into the sewer system, including Shoanti burial mounds and unidentifiable, worked passageways.

Please roll, and open all of the ones you beat (including the lower DC spoilers)

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Knowledge: Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Dexter isn't able to tell much, but shares what he can figure out. "From the info we have, it looks like the Vaults employ a hodgepodge of architectural elements both due to staggered phases of construction and the inclusion of natural cave features."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

kn dungeoneering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

kn engineering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Giovanni speaks up after a time, There are all manner of threats down there. Anything from vermin to monstrous humanoids like goblins and such. Also, the water ways that connect to the sea are not always grated, we could get a shark or something in there.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Know History: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Know Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Add dire rats, wererats, otyughs, and nasty flesh-eating fungus and plants to the list of fun things we might encounter down there. Hopefully someone's brought pesticides. Or is that something our resident nature-lovers don't approve of," says Ne'er with a sneer.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Dexter shrugs, "It's a sewer, most of the creatures down there aren't any real valuable part of an ecosystem. If it was a natural swamp or something, eh... I'd probably still not care that much if the critter was trying to eat me or Sal."

He adds, "I will point out that I have a decent connection to nature, so I may be able to calm down unaltered animals that we encounter. Gaining a few denizens of the sewers as allies for our trip would be beneficial, I would think. If they are already attacking though, just do what has to be done."

Dexter & Sal are ready to go.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Ne'erduwyl takes note of Dexter's abilities, and is glad to have the druid and the boar on her side. She doesn't let on, though...

"Don't listen to the cruel gnome, PInchie, all the things we find in sewers are very, very valuable. You are the apple of the ecosystem. Besides, maybe Dexter will get us a whole swarm of scorpion friends!"

As ready as my first level character is gonna be. I think Salazar is our tank.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Salazar is my combat buddy for sure.

Vermin tend to present in swarms. We should prepare for that eventuality. I have some acid flasks. Giovanni looks over his equipment again but doesn't have much more to offer.

Perhaps vermin repellent for the more fragile?

Silver Crusade

NG M Aerokineticist 5 - HP 53/53, 5 NL - AC 20, T 15, FF 15 - F+10*, R+10*, W+5* - Init: +5 - Perc +10, SM +8 - Burn: 1/7 - Active Conditions: Aerokinesis, Enveloping Winds (25%), Elemental Overflow (+1)

Peregryne looks around at the others, studying them carefully. With a nod, he announces his readiness.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Ne'erduwyl looks at Giovanni as if seeing him for the first time. "A Chelexian, eh? This got a lot more interesting. I have a couple of flasks of acid, and some alchemical fire, too. It's not 'natural', but it does a great job of getting rid of the pests."

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni nods at the keen eye, We don't choose our origins. But yes, Cheliax.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Figher 1 | AC 16/14/12 | HP 10/11 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | CMB+3, CMD 17 | Init+4 | Perc+6, Senses Low-Light vision | Sense Motive+0 | Speed 30' |

Endir accepts the items. If we don't use them will they stay on our character sheet after the scenario? "My arrows won't do much to harm any swarms, I'll have to let you guys deal with them. I have no splashing weapons except this one." He holds up the alkali flask he has just recieved.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)
Endir Feyim wrote:
Endir accepts the items. If we don't use them will they stay on our character sheet after the scenario? "My arrows won't do much to harm any swarms, I'll have to let you guys deal with them. I have no splashing weapons except this one." He holds up the alkali flask he has just recieved.

No, items gained in a scenario are lost. You only keep what you buy with gold or prestige points.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor
Endir Feyim wrote:
He holds up the alkali flask he has just recieved.

@Endir I believe Ne'erduwyl took the alkali and one of the antitoxins. The three bane arrows, the antitoxin and the anti plague remain for your taking. Certainly you should have at least the arrows.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Figher 1 | AC 16/14/12 | HP 10/11 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | CMB+3, CMD 17 | Init+4 | Perc+6, Senses Low-Light vision | Sense Motive+0 | Speed 30' |

Got it. thanks.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

After your briefing you travel through the Midland district of Korvosa. It is packed with markets and banks and bustles with commercial activity despite the drizzling rain. As long as you follow Sascha's directions you have no trouble finding the concealed sewer entrance in the secluded alley.

A rusty, slime-encrusted steel ladder descends into the Korvosan sewers, whose tunnels stretch to the north, east, and south like roads in an underground city. Curtains of fungus and mold hang from the ceilings, which rise roughly ten feet above the tunnels’ walkways, which run along either side of the sewage channels. Occasional dim patches of light filter in from the streets above providing minimal illumination. Despite the sickening smell of decay, the tunnels are free of garbage, waste, and the other byproducts of Korvosan life.

You are now on Slide #4.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Right as they get to the bottom, Dexter casts a quick spell and Salazar's thick boar quill fur seems to thicken up.

Casting Barkskin on Salazar, 40 minute duration, +2 Natural Armor.

He pulls out two glowing stones and holds on in place in front of his head until it hovers there on its own, then begins slowly circling around. He does the same with the other one, having Sal stand still staring at the stone until it also rotates slowly.

Ioun Torches used on Dexter and Salazar. Standard lighting from either of them for 20 ft and 40 ft if one has low-light vision.

He points to the left, "Map said this way, keep it quiet and watch for dangers. We got anyone who can look for traps?"

If not, he will have Salazar lead the way and follow along quietly behind.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Silver Crusade

N Medium Boar 4 | Mods: Barkskin 25m, 3 Con Damage | HP: 34/34 30/30 (ferocity)| AC/Tch/FF 22/10/22 24/10/24 | CMD (trip) 17 (21) | F/R/W +6/+4/+2 +5/+4/+2 (evasion) | Speed 40ft | Perc: +5 (low-light & scent) | Init: +0 (or acts with Dexter)

Salazar moves along slowly, trying to be as quiet as his master and pay attention for any dangers. The smells are quite distracting down here.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Figher 1 | AC 16/14/12 | HP 10/11 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | CMB+3, CMD 17 | Init+4 | Perc+6, Senses Low-Light vision | Sense Motive+0 | Speed 30' |

Endir treads up behind Dexter and Salazar, looking for threats but keeping quiet.

stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni hates getting dirty. He makes sure to cuff his jacket and pants to mitigate some of the filth but he knows it's a lost cause. He stows his glasses as he descends the ladder.

Giovanni activates the light on his Wayfinder and produces a wand from his bag.

I can take the forward position if you would be so kind as to activate this wand for me, Dexter. Giovanni hands over his wand of Heightened Awareness. Help yourself, if you like.

With that, he'll also draw his rapier and a smokestick that he activates in a controlled fashion. Equipment Trick that makes the smokestick last an hour.

Let's get to it.

perception. +1 to avoid surprise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Dexter eyes the wand for a second, then activates it quickly for Giovanni. As the stealthy human leads the way, he and the boar follow along a short bit behind, but close enough for his light to allow the human to easily see any dangers.

You all know that the middle lane is raw sewage, right?

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

As you start heading north down the tunnel a large creature with three legs and three tentacles approaches the intersection from the east. Upon seeing the light from the group the creature stops, faces you and roars and whips her toothed tentacles across the walls and ceiling.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni stops short, Well then. To arms, everyone. and he levels his rapier at the beast.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

Ne'erduwyl uses her wand to cast mage armor prior to any encounter.

Scarab Sages

Consumed:
1 charge of mage armor, 1 charge of cure light wounds
Female Elf Witch CN 1 - Init +8*; Perc +10; AC 17, T 16, FF 15; hp 9/9; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3 | Current Effects: Mage Armor

"Is that--thing--one of the animals you can befriend, Dexter, or should Giovanni slice it to bits?"

Know, Three-Legged Tentacle Thing if Planes, Nature or Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

The creature slowly approaches, and in a grumbly voice says, “Give something good to Togg. I am Togg. Give Togg good food with good taste.”

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Giovanni is sligthly taken aback by the creature uttering common. He lowers his rapier, Alright, Togg. I have some food. Do you live down here?

Giovanni snakes a trail ration from his bag and tosses it to Togg.

Dark Archive

Veteran's Vault Maps | QFP2 - On Hostile Waters Maps

"Togg live in sewer. Want good food!"

She samples the trail ration.

"hmm... This different than sewer food. But no taste! Togg want good food! With good taste!"

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 4 | Mods: None | HP: 24/24 | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +7/+3/+8 (+2 vs. Illusions) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +11 (low-light), SM: +3 | Init: +3 | +1 Star Folio Re-Roll 1/1, Inspiration 2/3, Spells Tracked on Sheet | Salazar

Dexter nods side to side, "If it talks, it isn't an animal so my ministrations won't do much. But... I do have some food it might like, hold still Sal." He cautions his boar as Sal snorts, ready for battle.

He slips his hand into the pack saddle the boar is wearing, pulling out a wax wrapped chunk of smoked meat, tossing it to the creature, "That might taste better."

Carnivore Feed - Consisting of various kinds of raw meat that have been jerked, smoked, or salted for preservation, a day’s worth of carnivore feed is adequate food for any Small or Medium meat-eating animal such as a tiger, bear, or dog.

Sovereign Court

Human Rogue (unchained, Investigator) 5 | HP 33 | AC 21/14/17 | F+2 R+7 W +1 | Init +3 | Perc +8 (+9 Danger Sense) | Active Conditions: Evasion, Feather fall (1/day)

Alright, alright. There you go. Friend Dexter and Salazar shared good food. Tell us about the sewer. Who else is down here? Do you know this place? Giovanni shares Sascha's map.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Figher 1 | AC 16/14/12 | HP 10/11 | Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +0 | CMB+3, CMD 17 | Init+4 | Perc+6, Senses Low-Light vision | Sense Motive+0 | Speed 30' |

Endir draws his bow in case things get ugly. Note that he's holding in in an idle and nonthreatening way, trying not to anger the beast.

Silver Crusade

NG M Aerokineticist 5 - HP 53/53, 5 NL - AC 20, T 15, FF 15 - F+10*, R+10*, W+5* - Init: +5 - Perc +10, SM +8 - Burn: 1/7 - Active Conditions: Aerokinesis, Enveloping Winds (25%), Elemental Overflow (+1)

Peregryne hovers in the background ready to let loose if everything goes sideways.

1 to 50 of 214 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VIII] GM.BastardBard's The Veteran's Vault Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.