Hell's Rebels 2nd Edition

Game Master Arrannai

Maps and Info | Kintargo | Loot | Rebellion


1 to 50 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Oathday, 3 Rova 4715

Even with the cobblestones of Argent Avenue and the foliage of Aria Park still wet from the morning’s light rain, dozens of Kintargans have gathered along the facade of the opera house to protest the city’s new lord-mayor, Paracount Barzillai Thrune. The city’s new leader was appointed by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, in the wake of the previous lord-mayor’s sudden flght from the city—an event that still has local rumormongers whispering furiously. In a scant seven days, Paracount Thrune has instituted martial law, a curfew, and seven outlandish and polarizing proclamations. These actions and more have called many of Kintargo’s dissatisfid citizens here on this overcast morn. There’s been no sign yet of Barzillai Thrune himself, and the opera house’s doors remain tightly closed—as they have since the man chose the landmark as his new home—but judging by the growing sound of the protesters, he surely can’t ignore the scene on the streets below much longer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (Versatile) Bard (Polymath) 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7; Deception +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Spells: 3/3 | Reactions: None special | Conditions: None

The obviously high-born lad in blue and yellow pushes through the crowd, keeping one hand on his hilt and the other on his purse. He smiles easily at the others in the crowd as he goes, his eyes flickering about, looking for a spot that will let him get a good view of as much of the crowd as possible.

The auburn ginger knows Thrune and his bullies need to go, but he's uncertain how to make that happen. This protest should reveal a few things, though, hopefully things he doesn't already know, so he can't afford to miss the event.


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

Standing in that same crowd, a young human woman scans the faces of those around her, emerald eyes bouncing to and fro. One place her eyes do not wander, however, is the opera house. With the morning's rainfall apparently finished, she pulls back the hood of her cloak, shaking out her short brown hair.

Enara had been surprised to hear a protest was planned for today, and even more surprised when she was instructed to be here. After the city's muted response to the Night of Ashes, she didn't think the people had it in them anymore. Today's just full of the unexpected, I guess. If this guy actually has some usual info, that'll be one more on the list.

Speaking quietly to the gnome at her side, she asks "Jilvi, your perspective is a bit more useful here. Have you seen anyone like who I'm looking for? Human male. Single black glove."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Druid 2 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 2/2 | Reactions: Shield Block | Conditions: None

As the protest grows, it becomes more and more apparent that the human dressed in hides and earthy-toned clothing who seems to be tending the plants in the park is watching with some interest. He often glances up at the crowd as though looking for someone in particular. On occasion, a small creature that appears to be a human made of leaves, vines, and other plant matter burrows up from the ground to observe before burrowing back into the ground a few moments later.
He said he would be wearing a black glove on one hand on none on the other. I don't see him, maybe I need to get closer?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | 2/4 1st lv. spells | 0/1 focus point | Spell DC: 18| Conditions: None

Emarel sat on the grass at the eastern end of Aria park, hair and clothes damp from the morning rain. The wet feeling didn’t particularly bother him at all. In fact, he rather enjoyed the extra weight of the water as time went on; it was almost like having a blanket around him. Unfortunately, the bow across his back and his belongings didn’t share the sentiment, and if he left it alone too long, he would likely get some sniffles. He cast a quick prestidigitation, making sure to hit the ground around him as well, and turned his eyes to the crowd.

“27, 28, 29…” Emarel muttered under his breath as he counted the protesters he could see. They stood as close as they could to the opera house turned residence in a crowded bunch, the volume of people starting to blur the neat lines present at the start of the morning. His fingers tapped along on his knee in rhythm with the count.

Emarel had been in the city of Kintargo for barely a day before martial law had come down and essentially locked him in. Not that he was planning to leave, it was just maddening to not have the choice. What irked him most, however, was that all the commotion surrounding the new Thrune leadership and proclamations had completely prevented him from studying in peace. Although, having read the proclamations that were posted around the city, he couldn’t blame the people from being upset. Honestly, who the hell outlaws mint?

The crowd was steadily getting larger and noisier. Soon, it was more than double what he had counted before. Emarel noticed others standing on the edges of the crowd, likely also just interested in seeing what was going to happen. They were getting louder and rowdier – someone in outlandishly bright colors was trying to push their way to the front, but the people around him didn’t even bother to object, with all their anger and attention pointed at the opera doors. He hoped the man didn’t run into trouble with someone particularly adamant about upholding the ridiculous proclamation about not wearing fancy clothes in public.

Emarel stood up and slowly started walking around the perimeter of the gathering populace, surveying the area. He got the feeling that this protest was going to have to come to a head soon, and he wanted to be sure to get a good idea of what was around before it became too late.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 2 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 20 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Reactions: Shield Block, Retributive Strike, Divine Grace | Conditions: None

Joining the crowd, Lucius tried to blend in as best he could. His father had little idea that he was in attendance, so Lucius was doing his best to keep a lower profile. That was difficult though, as Lucius was a fair bit taller than the average citizen, blond haired and somewhat striking in his armor and Iomedaen tabbard. In hindsight, he regretted putting on such visible markings.

Oh well, nothing to be done of it now. As the protest crowd grew in size, Lucius scanned about. He was acutely aware that trouble could break out at any moment. Muttering to himself, he prepared himself for conflict should it break out "This is gonna get ugly..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG fm gnome Cleric2 [Calistria] l 26hp l F +5, R +5, W +10 l Perc +8, Stealth +5 l Spd25 l Active Conditions: None l Hero Points: 1

Tagging Along

The gnome at by Enara's knee whose hair is streaked with purple and green sighs at her companion's question. "Black glove, sure sure, let me just pick that one out of this crowd of arses. Any insights on what his boots look like?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28

Nudging her companion's knee with her elbow, Jilvi nods her head at the highborn redheaded lad in the blue and yellow doublet. "I'm going try another angle, if you see your mysterious contact give a shout. I don't have a great feeling about this."

The gnome's hair shifts to an unremarkable pale brown and she slips into the crowd, slowly closing the distance to the young nobleman.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

Enara snorts, trying to hold in a laugh.

"Yeah, I've got it on good authority he's wearing two of them. Hopefully that narrows your search."

Watching the gnome until she vanishes into the crowd (and marking her likely target), Enara turns her attention back to looking for this mysterious contact. Couldn't he have worn a special hat instead? Shaking her head, she brings her arms inside her cloak, ostensibly to warm her hands. In reality, she confirms that her veritable arsenal of throwing daggers is still secured in place, in case this whole thing is a setup. A protest in a park is certainly a strange place for an ambush, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Or, at least, it doesn't hurt me.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10


M Human (Versatile) Bard (Polymath) 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7; Deception +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Spells: 3/3 | Reactions: None special | Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

As he's pushing his way through the crowd, he notices a gnome pushing through after him. Frowning, he tries to rearrange his pouches slightly, to better protect his things from a pick pocket, even as he continues moving.

He looks directly at her, looking to see if she'll allow eye contact and acknowledge she's been spotted.


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Nobody seems to have any luck spotting the human man with the single black glove. As the size of the crowd grows, you start to feel that this is going to go on until either night falls or Barzillai's Dottari guards come and break things up.

The crowd seems to be broken up into some distinct groups. Some are Kintargo partisans who despise Chelaxian rule and would see the city become an independent city-state. Some are economic conservatives who feel the squeeze from Thrune's new taxes and business policy. Others still are advocates of representative democracy, upset that Thrune was appointed instead of raised through election by Kintago's own people. Some few anarchists are in the riot as well, tired of the constant hierarchical shifting of Kintargo and ready to lead themselves. Lastly, there are counter-protesters in the form of Thrune loyalists. While things are not violent right now, there is certainly a palpable tension in the air.

We are currently in Exploration Mode! I would like each of you to decide what action you will take during your first hour of the riot. Outside of which of the following options are listed, obviously feel free to roleplay among yourselves.

1st Hour of the Aria Park Protest Begins

Listen for Rumors: Make a Gather Information check or a Perception check to hear a rumor.

Pilfer: Take advantage of the chaos of the situation! Make a Thievery check to try and pick some pockets. If you get caught, however, be ready to use some Deception to make your case.

Rabble Rouse: If there is a particular group you want to rile up, do so with a Diplomacy or Performance check.

Search for Contact: If you want to look out for a certain man with a black glove, use your hour to search the crowd. If you don't find him that may mean he just has not arrived quite yet.

Silence Undesirable Elements: If there is a group you would like to turn the crowd against or silence Deception and Intimidation are the tools for you.

Watch the Crowd: If no other options fit what you are doing, just watch the riot. Your Perception may show you things others are too distracted to notice...


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

I'd like to use my first hour to Search for Contact, but would you like me to make another Perception check or use the one I did earlier?


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Go ahead and roll another from here, this will be from right when Tilorean spots Jilvinirri to about an hour later.


Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | 2/4 1st lv. spells | 0/1 focus point | Spell DC: 18| Conditions: None

Is there anything in particular that I'd see with my initial perception before this first hour starts, as I'm not specifically looking for that contact?


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

@Emarel:

You're pretty sure that at a few points you saw an armored figure pull back the curtains from a third floor window of the opera house with a wine glass in hand. Each time the figure did so it seemed there was a growing force behind the motion, as if they are frustrated with what is going on outside.


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

Growing concerned as the crowd seems to get more and more riled up, Enara redoubles her efforts to find her contact. If I don't hurry this up, he's liable to get trampled in this soon-to-be riot.

Perception, Search for Contact: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

...really?


CG fm gnome Cleric2 [Calistria] l 26hp l F +5, R +5, W +10 l Perc +8, Stealth +5 l Spd25 l Active Conditions: None l Hero Points: 1

Smiling charmingly, Jilvi winks at the nobleman when he tries to give her side-eye and walks right up to him. "I'm not going to pick your purse, blueblood. Relax your shoulders, stop looking so uptight and you'll avoid more attention."

She frowns at his posture a moment, then shrugs as if to say good enough, I guess. "What brings you to this little street action, my lord?"

Watch the Crowd: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


M Human (Versatile) Bard (Polymath) 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7; Deception +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Spells: 3/3 | Reactions: None special | Conditions: None

"I don't know. Indecision. Curiosity. Hope. Fear. Anger. Same as for most here, I imagine. You?" He indicates the crowd as he speaks, but he doesn't look away from the gnome anymore than natural movement requires.

Hour spent Gathering Information (Rumors). Diplomacy +7+2 for Keeping up on Current Events, but GI is a Secret roll, so . . ..


Male Human Paladin 2 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 20 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Reactions: Shield Block, Retributive Strike, Divine Grace | Conditions: None

Listening to the groups closely, Lucius kept his distance at first. While the economic conservatives were preaching simple self-interest, and the anarchists seemed to offer nothing more than chaos, Lucius engaged cautiously with both groups, trying to see if anything of interest would catch his ear.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Eventually, Lucius rolled his eyes in frustration and left to join up with those he really did share an affinity with. The group supporting a democratic approach were closer to his own heart, and he began to nod in agreement as he engaged with members of that group "Aye, should we not have a say in our government?! I think it about time we saw a more just form of leadership, don't you?" Soon, Lucius found himself enthusiastically cheering on the crowd.

Rabble Rousing with the Democracy Group: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18


Male Human Druid 2 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 2/2 | Reactions: Shield Block | Conditions: None

Hemdar decides that, given the number of protestors, he's unlikely to spot his contact from outside. Given the man in fancy clothing, there may be nobles in the crowd who might recognize him, so he tries to join the protest without calling attention to himself.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
He keeps a watchful eye out for his one-gloved contact.


Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | 2/4 1st lv. spells | 0/1 focus point | Spell DC: 18| Conditions: None

Emarel moved around the crowd, letting the cacophony of the protesters wash over him. At first it seemed an unorganized mess, but soon he was able to pick out some common threads within the noise. A group calling out for their voices to be heard in the government, one concerned more about their money. A different group calling for the secession of the city, one that seemed just to be causing chaos, and even, somehow, a small constituent of people who agreed with the changes. Emarel didn’t think that last group was going to be particularly happy with how this day went. They were outnumbered, and he could feel the tensions among the people rising in the air. He could see someone glancing out the upper window periodically in what seemed like frustration. Probably the new mayor. Emarel wondered how long he could handle the shouting crowd outside his new home before he did something rash.

A loud voice cut through the tangle of noise, coming from the group that wanted representation. Emarel turned and listened to the tall man in armor, encouraging the crowd to rally behind obtaining a more just form of leadership. He wondered how effective that would be. In his experience, people seemed to work best following someone, or something, else that told them what to do. His ‘fellow’ students in the arcane had been that way. In fact, Kyonin was doing well under the monarchy of Queen Telandia, and its people had ample freedoms to go about their lives. At least, that’s what it sounded like from his limited exposure to politics, gleaned from overhearing random conversations the few times he had ventured out into more populated areas of his home city. Admittedly, there were still various groups that didn’t appreciate the liberal approach of Her Majesty in both domestic and foreign affairs; the running of the country was far from perfect. Perhaps the people now living under the direct rule of the Thrune had a point in their protest of democracy when such a rule was directly impacting the freedom to live their lives as they chose.

Regardless, Emarel was too new to the city and its people to be readily involved in supporting any of the factions that were gathered here. He had come to the city to study those infernal bells, and while he couldn’t do that right this moment, he could take the time to become a little better acquainted with his new home. He melded into the crowd, continuing his circuit of the groups from the inside.

Emarel will spend this time listening for rumors among the gathered people. With the bonus from staying up on current events, my gather information will be at a +4(Diplomacy)+2 = +6.


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Secret Rolls:

Tilorean: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Rumors: 1d10 ⇒ 11d10 ⇒ 9
Emarel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Rumors: 1d10 ⇒ 11d10 ⇒ 6

Tilorean's Efforts:

In the hour that you've spend at the protest you find yourself navigating the crowd with ease. Though you are wearing fine clothes, your presence here as a nobleman outside of the Thrune family actually seems to comfort members of all but the Thrune loyalists and anarchists. Through your information gathering, you find two rumors of note:

“Well, I heard Lord-Mayor Bainilus didn’t flee to Arcadia at all. Broke her neck falling down a flight of stairs. Praying a bit too hard to Cailean, if you understand my meaning.”

“Someone’s killing tieflings down in the Devil’s Nursery. I’ve heard that whoever’s doing it is taking trophies, but I’m not sure what kind. Sounds like the Slasher’s back... Just what we need!”

Emarel's Efforts:

Your first hour at the protest turns out more successful than you had expected. Though the denizens of Kintargo may have seemed standoffish or suspicious of an aloof elven scholar such as yourself in days past, they appear to take well to your questioning under the assumption that this protest could end up in some historical text. Through your information gathering, you find two rumors of note:

“Well, I heard Lord-Mayor Bainilus didn’t flee to Arcadia at all. Broke her neck falling down a flight of stairs. Praying a bit too hard to Cailean, if you understand my meaning.”

“Shame they closed down the opera house—I was looking forward to seeing Shensen in the role of Aolar in Huntress of Heroes. Of course, they say she’s gone missing too—wouldn’t surprise me if she got herself thrown in some Thrune oubliette, the way she’s gone on about the government.”

Enara's Efforts:

You spend this first hour searching for your contact among the crowds, but unfortunately the crowds don't seem to yield to your passing. By the end of it, you are unsure of whether or not the person is here and are only certain that you have yet to see him.

Jilvinirri's Efforts:

You are no stranger to trickery and using a crowd as a front for something more sinister, and as such, you notice that something is off about this crowd. You know for a fact that there should be many more Thrune loyalists present here, especially given their abundance in the city at large. As you watch, you realize that some of those Thrune loyalists are undercover among the other groups, and even worse, you catch the glint of metal underneath some of their cloaks.

You gain a +4 bonus on your initiative roll if a fight breaks out. Be wary about warning anyone else, though—if the Thrune loyalists know they are spotted you may end up starting the fight yourself.

Lucius's Efforts:

The crowds seems to take very well to your encouragement, and many cheer you on. As you join in with the protest, you hear the stories from the young about how the rule of Thrune is affecting them and their livelihoods. From the old, you hear the fear in their voices about how hard fought democracy was to get in the first place for their ancestors and how scary it is to imagine a future for their children without it.

For the next 24-hours you will have a +1 bonus to all charisma-based skill checks within Kintargo. Additionally, if a fight breaks out, you may treat the democratic group as regular terrain instead of difficult terrain.

Hemdar's Efforts:

You have no trouble navigating the crowds in search of your contact. You feel as though you have searched every group to no avail, and are able to conclude your contact may not have arrived yet.

Unfortunately your contact has not yet arrived. Due to your success, however, you will gain a +2 bonus on subsequent checks to search for your contact.

The crowd only seems to grow more rowdy as time goes on, and one must assume that at some point soon Barzillai will need to address his people instead of hide away in the opera house. With that, the first hour of the protest concludes without any bloodshed.

2nd Hour of the Aria Park Protest Begins

Your options now are the same as before but with whatever bonuses and knowledge you may have gained in the first hour in tow. Please go ahead and let me know what you would like to do for the second hour of the protest below.

Good call on the secret rolls, Tilorean, I'm a rather big fan of them. Feel free to continue any conversations from before, time in-game and mechanically will most likely be out of sync when we are in Exploration or Downtime.


Male Human Paladin 2 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 20 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Reactions: Shield Block, Retributive Strike, Divine Grace | Conditions: None

Diplomacy, Inspire the Crowd: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22

Hearing from the voices in the crowd, Lucius was growing ever more confident. Standing up on a nearby crate, he did what he could to elevate himself above the crowd. As both the young and the old relayed their fears and concerns, Lucius used such anecdotes for his oratory. Pointing to an elder in the crowd he had spoken to just then, Lucius spoke up "Well met! Our democracy was indeed hard fought for! I for one believe in law and order, but the source of that law must be derived from the people, else we risk lapsing into tyranny!"

Jumping down from the box, he moves about the crowd, stopping in front of those who were closer to his age "No, dictatorship is no way forward; it taints our economy, impacts our livelihoods and can only lead to regression... we must, and cannot let this happen. The Thrune must hear us! We'll accept no tyrants here!" With each passing sentence, Lucius felt himself growing more emboldened, surprised that such rhetoric was within him.

Now this father would definitely not approve of.


M Human (Versatile) Bard (Polymath) 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7; Deception +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Spells: 3/3 | Reactions: None special | Conditions: None

Still open to continuing the conversation with Jil.

Of course an assassin's army would kill their forebears and encourage even more attacks against the dregs of society. There's got to be a way to shake this evil from our necks.

Despite his growing dedication to the more rebellions members of the crowd, Til continues trying to learn instead of instigate.

Hour spent Gathering Information (Rumors). Diplomacy +7+2 for Keeping up on Current Events, for +9.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 2/2 | Reactions: Shield Block | Conditions: None

Unable to find his contact and unsure of when or even if he will arrive, Hemdar takes the opportunity to watch the crowd, the opera house, and the surroundings, to see if he can spot anything unexpected.
Perception to Watch the Crowd: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

Frustrated both with her continued failure to find her contact and the intensifying heckling from the Thrune loyalists nearby, Enara keeps searching but just isn't able to focus. Watching them hurl insults and jeers at their fellow citizens, she finds herself thinking unkind thoughts. Which of you, I wonder, sold out my mother? How long until you all find yourselves "missing"?

Search for Contact, Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11


CG fm gnome Cleric2 [Calistria] l 26hp l F +5, R +5, W +10 l Perc +8, Stealth +5 l Spd25 l Active Conditions: None l Hero Points: 1

The gnome shrugs at the nobleman's question. "Desperation, mostly. Trying to find contacts to help out my client, but Kintargo seems pretty thoroughly wrapped up in its own troubles, not much attention left to help outsiders."

She doesn't look at the nobleman as she speaks, instead casually surveying the crowd, which is why she catches sight of members of the Thrunite contingent infiltrating the other groups.

"Ah, dammit." Jilvi drops her voice low so (hopefully) only the noble could hear her, pretending to survey the crowd and carefully not pointing or otherwise physically indicating anyone. "Hey blueblood, does it seem weird to you that the pro-Thrune crowd isn't bigger? Follow-up to that thought: does the fellow on your left with the broken nose and the black hair seem suspicious to you? How about the big blond woman about six paces behind him...also with the cloak? A body could hide a lot under a cloak like that, and I'd bet my last copper those two have weapons."

The gnome starts to move back into the crowd, "I need to find my partner. Get yourself clear, highborn."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Secret Rolls:

Tilorean's Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 wow
Rumors: 1d10 ⇒ 31d10 ⇒ 7

A resounding cheer comes from the crowd of those looking for a reinstatement of democracy. The growing fervor of this crowd has a rather profound effect: it changes the flow of the crowd in the field. Some members of the Thrune loyalists scoff in disgust, spitting at the feet of those cheering, but leave the park nonetheless. Members of some of the other groups, seeing leadership being taken in one group over the others, shift crowds to listen to Lucius's words.

Lucius's Efforts:

The crowd is taking very well to your words. Your increase to charisma-based checks will increase to +2 for the next 24-hours. This does stack with your bonus from your reason for protest, as this is an untyped bonus. Really nice roleplay, by the way!

Tilorean's Efforts:

Taking advantage of the situation going on with Lucius, you make sure to inject some of his rhetoric in to make the protesters more comfortable with your questions. You find resounding success with this, and are able to find yourself with three fresh rumors of substance for the hour:

“I hear the dottari guard towers are so full of prisoners now they’re keeping those they arrest in warehouses. My cousin even said they’re putting prisoners to work in places like Sallix Salt Works.”

“I hear that bodyguard of Thrune’s, that woman Nox, is half devil. She’s too ugly to be just human, that’s for sure!”

“Looks like Thrune’s bringing public excruciations to Kintargo. I can’t imagine that’ll increase his popularity around these parts, even if the criminals he punishes deserve it. This ‘doghousing’ thing sounds particularly frightening!”

In addition to the rumors, Jilvinirri's warning will grant you a +2 to initiative if a fight breaks out.

Hemdar's Efforts:

You watch the crowd in general this time around instead of your dogged search for your contact. While examining the crowd, you notice that there seems to be a sort of discordant undercurrent among some of the groups. Though it seemed like a large number of Thrune loyalists left during Lucius's speech, you notice that some of those same faces sneaked their way back in to get near him. You feel uneasy, for certain, and that unease gives rise to a sense of readiness should things go wrong.

You're not truly sure what is going on, but your hackles have risen and you know to be ready. If a fight breaks out you will gain a +2 to your initiative due to your observations.

Enara's Efforts:

You continue to search for your contact, though you find yourself lost in your own head. Unfortunately you still cannot tell whether or not your contact has arrived, but you get the feeling that if he does not arrive by the end of the next hour of the protest that he likely will not at all.

By the end of the hour, Jilvinirri and Enara are reunited. The search to find each other again takes longer than expected given the way that the groups are shifting around.


CG fm gnome Cleric2 [Calistria] l 26hp l F +5, R +5, W +10 l Perc +8, Stealth +5 l Spd25 l Active Conditions: None l Hero Points: 1

"Enara!" Jilvi dodges aside to avoid an oblivious human and shoots a glare at their back before turning back to her partner. "Listen, I haven't seen your mysterious black-gloved informant but we should make ourselves scarce. The Thrune partisans are about to make a play and I don't want to get caught in the line of fire."


Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | 2/4 1st lv. spells | 0/1 focus point | Spell DC: 18| Conditions: None

Emarel wondered how many more people had gone missing in the recent days, and what percentage of those had been voluntary, and what orchestrated by the government. For two prominent figures in the city to simply disappear could not be a mere coincidence. How many people here might fall under the same fate, if their protests brought the ire of the leadership? Protesting was the right of citizens, but under current circumstances, it seemed a dangerous one to engage in.

Suddenly, he heard a thunderous level of applause and shouts coming from the side with the democratic group. Curious, Emarel made his way closer and found that the crowd had swelled around the same armored man from before. His eloquent words and interactions with the crowd were enough to rally them and draw people from other groups to listen. Emarel joined these migrating people, staying near the back. He was curious to observe the extended effects of the man's speeches on the crowd, and wanted to make sure he was ready if any of them happened to be adverse.

Emarel will spend the next hour watching the crowd while letting the words of democratic revolution wash over him.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

...I guess the idea of democracy is super distracting, lol


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Emarel's Efforts:

You don't have much luck noticing anything in the crowd. People are moving about from group to group, but this appears to just be a side-effect of Lucius's speech.

3rd Hour of the Aria Park Protest Begins

Secret Rolls:

Perception (Emarel): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception (Jilvinirri): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 2 = 15
Perception (Enara): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
Perception (Hemdar): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23
Perception (Tilorean): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Perception (Lucius): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Emarel, Hemdar, Tilorean:

As the third hour of the protest begins, you are fairly certain you see an armored figure from a third floor window angrily pointing a finger down at the crowd. A response from Barzillai Thrune is likely to come soon.

The crowd's fervor is at a fever pitch. The loyalists seem to have lost some steam while the other groups are continuing to grow in strength.

Same options this time, results of subsequent attempts/checks for the same action can have different results.


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

"No, I know he's here! I have to find him! Enara says, her tone growing desperate. "This is the only lead I've gotten on what happened, and I doubt I'll get another chance. Please, Jilvi, I need your help."

Search for Contact, Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Paladin 2 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 20 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Reactions: Shield Block, Retributive Strike, Divine Grace | Conditions: None

Diplomacy, Inspire the Crowd: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 3 = 20

As the crowd grew around him, Lucius began to wonder if he had perhaps missed his life calling. Demand the freedom of citizens to chose their form of government, this was an Andoran concept, so not an untested one. You can have law and order in concert with good government.

Calling out in a booming voice, Lucius pressed his speech onward "This is no longer a just society! A just society respects the voice of all! A just society provides opportunity and bread for its weakest! Most importantly, a just society obeys the rule of law! No man, woman or child is above the law," pausing, Lucius forcefully waved his hand towards the Opera House "no man... and that includes the Thrune!" Lucius made sure to put emphasis on the word 'include' for greater effect.

Pausing a moment, Lucius pounded his own chest before continuing "I was there when the Glorious Reclamation came to Citadel Dinyar, and the promise of a lawful order that respects its citizens and the rule of law... that was the promise they made! We must demand this regime respect the rule of law, and release its prisoners unjustly held without cause or process! It must give us the right to share in government, or it is no government at all, and nothing more than dictatorship!"

Though the audience was enthralled, Lucius couldn't help but think If I continue on like this, I'll probably end up in prison as well... or worse.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 2/2 | Reactions: Shield Block | Conditions: None

Noting an armored figure in the window and the actions of the Thrune loyalists, Hemdar tries to find his contact quickly, before something Thrune and his supporters make a response.
Perception to find contact: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17


CG fm gnome Cleric2 [Calistria] l 26hp l F +5, R +5, W +10 l Perc +8, Stealth +5 l Spd25 l Active Conditions: None l Hero Points: 1

Jilvinirri sighs. "Okay, we'll keep looking a little longer, but we have to go soon!"

She sets off at Enara's heel, but pauses a moment to listen to a young man rallying the pro-democracy crowd. "He's got style, but they're gonna kill him," she says to no one in particular, though her tone is admiring. With a sigh, she breaks off from Enara and moves towards the semi-incognito Thrune partisans gathering on the outskirts of the democratic group. As she moves, she shakes her head so her hair swings about, and the pale brown shifts into black streaked with red--Thrune colors.

Edging closer to one small cluster of thugs, she fixes them with her best steely gaze. "We're about to make our move," she whispers to them, "gather up your headbreakers at Veris Fountain, two blocks that way. When you hear the signal move to block off Scepter Street. Other teams will handle the rest."
Deception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

She moves around to several other small groups, directing them to "enclosing" positions that wouldn't actually constrain the protesters once trouble starts.


M Human (Versatile) Bard (Polymath) 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7; Deception +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Spells: 3/3 | Reactions: None special | Conditions: None

That has to be him. Close enough to see him, but we may as well be on different continents. There's got to be a way to make him pay.

Til's a might distracted this time, as he continues milking the crowd for any tidbits he can get them to share.

Still +9 net on the GI.


Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | 2/4 1st lv. spells | 0/1 focus point | Spell DC: 18| Conditions: None

Though the crowd thrummed ever more violently around him, it mattered not to Emarel, who stood distracted, pondering the words of the passionate orator at the head of the crowd. The man spoke of justice and law, and the people were responding to the words. Yet, what did those words really mean? Emarel tapped his fingers unconsciously in thought. The man said the most important part of a just society was the following of the law, both by its practitioners and followers, and that no one man stood above those laws. From what Emarel had learned since entering Kintargo and it’s surrounding lands, the city had long been under the rule of the Thrunes as a part of the Chelaxian monarchy, albeit from a distance. There were likely procedures in place to deal with things like rebellion, and if not, it seemed that the words of her infernal majesty were as good as written laws. In that case, would not the institution of martial law be completely lawful, and thus just? And would not the actions of those individuals working to overthrow the rule of the Thrunes be considered unlawful in the eyes of the monarchy, and thus unjust? Semantically, dictatorships and monarchies were still a type of government, even with an unhappy populace, and in this system, it seemed like anything those in power wanted to do could be justified by the rule of laws, written by their own hands and for their own benefit of power as they typically were.

Of course, a government wouldn’t exist to rule if there no people to rule over. In that case, would the true mark of a just society be acting on the will of the common people? If the protesters of the current state of the city somehow managed to overthrow the ruling Thrunes, what would they elect to do with them? Emarel knew more than a few would want to see heads roll. Arguably, that would make them no better than the Thrunes. The crowd called for a democracy. A democracy could still very well decide to deal with a contrary group of people in a similar way to what was happening now. Were those actions still just? Was justice then simply the will of the most powerful? Or was it more about acting in the abstract concept of morality and being ‘good’ to all, making sure everyone had those opportunities and bread, trying to ensure equitable treatment for all people, and from all people? That justice then had to be maintained on both a personal and governmental level, and in the eyes of the people, the Thrune’s were not holding to their side of the bargain. The people were acting unlawfully to voice their justice in response to the government handing out lawful injustice. It was hard to say who would come out the victor.

A sudden view of an imposing figure from the same upper window from before shook Emarel out of his thoughts and back into the reality of the protest. He failed to notice how large this group had gotten, and the voices were clamoring louder and louder. This was no good. The people were getting riled up, and if the angry visage in the window meant what he thought, so too were the Thrune. Time was running short. Just or not, people were likely in danger. Putting philosophical discussions from his mind, Emarel again tried focusing on the crowd for anything that could be useful when this undoubtedly turned ugly.

Let’s try this again
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Secret Rolls:

Tilorean's Gather Information: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Enara and Hemdar:

The two of you search for your contact independently, and near the en of the hour, you spot a hooded figure wearing a single black glove. As you go to speak with him he notices the two of you approach. Before you can speak to him, however...

Lucius:

Your charisma-based check bonus will increase to +3. As for the rest, read on below.

Jilvinirri:

The toughs seem to buy your bluff and go in the directions that you pointed. You notice a more significant thinning of the crowd that you had originally thought! It should be easier for the crowds to escape should things turn violent.

Tilorean:

Unfortunately your distraction seems to show, not even factoring in the way that the crowd drowns out your words. You are unable to gather any more information past what you already have during this hour.

Emarel:

You watch the crowd and notice that there seems to be a migration from the crowd of some of the more large and tough looking members. It seems odd to you that so many people—some of them appearing to be hiding weapons—would all decide to leave at once.
You will gain a +2 bonus to initiative if a fight happens to break out in the protest.

As Lucius continues his impassioned speech more seem to flock to the crowd around him. As the crowd continues to rise in volume ever higher so does the tension and probability of violence. The House of Thrune is not known for being merciful to those that they see as revolutionaries.

At three minutes past the third hour the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out three peals. A moment later, a figure throws wide the windows and curtains above to address the crowd below. An imposing human man adorned in red, orange and black clothing and an ornate breastplate—all emblazoned with the pentagram of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax—there is no mistaking this figure as any but Barzillai Thrune himself. With the haft of his wicked-looking mace held in one hand and the head cradled in another, he addresses his audience.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Lord-Mayor of Kintargo

Clearing his throat, Barzillai addresses the crowd with a condescending sneer.

“Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I
have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being
accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of
Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns,
and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we
shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness
of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated
laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and
strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times,
but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively.
“You say you chafe at the presence of nonnatives in
positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no
place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders?
Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart
that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands:
all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their
vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under
pain of... let’s say... squassation!”

Society DC 14:

Squassation is a form of torture in which the victim’s hands are tied together and raised above the head; the victim is then hung from the hands while a weight is suspended from the feet, causing intense pain to the arms and legs.


Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

Overjoyed at having finally found her informant, Enara rushes toward him, only to be knocked about by a sudden mass shifting of the crowd and instantly losing sight of him. Buffeted about by the surge, Enara finds herself knocked to the ground on the periphery, She looks up to see not her informant, but Barzillai Thrune deigning to address his subjects.

As his bizarre speech continued, her frustration at her continued failure transformed to fury. He thinks this is a joke. I'll show him a godsdamned joke.

Enara rises to her feet, hands twitching toward the inside of her cloak.


M Human (Versatile) Bard (Polymath) 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 17 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +7; Stealth +7; Deception +8 | Speed 25ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | Spells: 3/3 | Reactions: None special | Conditions: None

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

He is trying to CAUSE a riot!" The realization explodes into Til's head fully formed, with no conscious thought building up to it. Okay, so how do I st . . .. The thought ends suddenly as he catches another glimpse of the armored man who has been addressing the crowd.

Til tries to climb up onto something to get above the general crowd.

"Kintargans! He is trying to taunt you into an attack! If you fight, here and now, his men will SLAUGHTER YOU. We need to disperse, to deny him his justification to kill our neighbors! Kintargo IS for Kintargans, but if we let him kill us off, it won't matter! We are an artistic people. They are militant! Do not let him trick you into fighting his way! Head home. We will find ways to fight our way instead of theirs! GO HOME and live to BE artists!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Male Human (Chelaxian) Lord-Mayor of Kintargo

Tilorean's words seem to resonate well with the crowd that Lucius has been speaking to, and many members of the crowd look to one another and start to back away. As this begins, however, one of the anarchists takes a lump of manure from a pouch tucked away and throws it up at Barzillai, missing the lord-mayor and splattering against the wall beside him.

"Enough of this!" he shrieks. "Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don't care which!"

Barzillai retreats into the opera house and slams the windows behind him.


Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

Moments later, as the crowds earlier energy is converted into terror, Nox busts open the front door of the opera house and appears to be directing members of the dottari to come deal with the crowd. At the same time, six men and women throughout the crowd pull back their cloaks, revealing matching armbands, truncheons, and the sadistic grins of Chelish Citizens’ Group members eager to mete out some “justice.”

Initiative Rolls:

Emaril (perception): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Enara (perception): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18
Hemdar (perception): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 20
Jilvinirri (perception): 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 + 4 = 29
Lucius (perception): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Tilorean (perception): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
CCG Thugs (perception): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

A Lovely Little Riot, Round 1

Initiative Order
Jilvinirri 29
Emaril 27
Hemdar 20
Tilorean 19+
Lucius 19-
Enara 18+
CCG Thugs 18-
Crowds 10


The remaining crowds count as difficult terrain unless I've mentioned otherwise specifically to you. You all will be going before the thugs, so feel free to post in whatever order.


CG fm gnome Cleric2 [Calistria] l 26hp l F +5, R +5, W +10 l Perc +8, Stealth +5 l Spd25 l Active Conditions: None l Hero Points: 1

As the Citizen's Group throws off their cloaks Jilvinirri frantically searches for Enara in the crowd. Spotting her, the gnome rushes over, drawing her whip.

"What did I say? What did I say?! Stupid black-gloved mystery-man mind games..." Drawing a circle in the air with her other hand, Jilvi whispers a prayer and the space shimmers with protective energy.

Move Action, Draw Whip, cast Shield


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Rogue 2 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F: +6, R: +10, W: +7 | Perc: +7, Stealth: +10 | Speed 25ft |Hero Points: 1/1 | Focus Pool: None | Reactions: Nimble Dodge | Conditions: None

Enara looks down at the gnome, annoyed. "He was here. I saw him. Now come on, these people need protection and I want some payback. You can scold me later."

Without waiting for a response, Enara turns and rushes into the crowd, drawing her rapier in one smooth motion. As she pushes through the fleeing protesters, she finds herself facing down one of the mayor's thugs. With a wordless cry of anger, she lashes out with the pommel.

Nonlethal Strike with Rapier: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 2 = 24
Damage with Rapier: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Rapier's Deadly trait: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Stride 1 NW, 1 N, Draw Rapier, Strike

Society: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
I forgot to roll this earlier so I wanted to see if I know what squassation is or not.


Male Elf Wizard 2 | HP: 18/18 | AC: 17 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +8 | Perc: +6 | Speed 30ft | Hero Points: 1/1 | 2/4 1st lv. spells | 0/1 focus point | Spell DC: 18| Conditions: None

Emarel groaned softly to himself as the manure trailed down the wall. That was definitely not good. Thrune's lackeys getting ready to attack the crowd made it even worse. Even if he wasn't really a part of the protest, there was no way Emarel could stand by and just watch these people get skewered for expressing their opinions. He briefly gripped his half-mask necklace before pulling the bow off his back. "Mystana, guide me." With his free hand, he made some gestures, accompanied by the proper spell recitation, to create a ball of flame. He brought that flame to the head of the bow and drew his hand back, shaping the arcane energy into an arrow, and drew it back with the string. He chose a thug, and fired.

Draw bow, cast Produce Flame

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Arcane Spell Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Spell Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Druid 2 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 2/2 | Reactions: Shield Block | Conditions: None

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
So I've done some googling and still can't find a concrete answer to this question: If I summon any animals using my summon animal spell, does they act immediately, on my next turn, or do they get their own initiative and act then?


Male Human Paladin 2 | HP: 32/32 | AC: 20 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 2/2 | Focus Pool: 1/1 | Reactions: Shield Block, Retributive Strike, Divine Grace | Conditions: None

Turning around, Lucius looks up at the armored figure on the balcony and listens intently. As it becomes clear that the Thrune is not only in no mood for conciliation, but openly mocking the citizens of Kintargo, a slow scowl forms on Lucius' face.

Society DC 14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Shaking his head, he muttered deeply in quiet confusion "Squassation?" He knew it surely was awful, but he had no idea what the Thrune was talking about. As the doors opened and thugs poured out, Lucius added "Well, this was predictable in the end." Drawing forth his warhammer, Lucius raised his shield and charged into the crowd to help the democracy protesters. "Clear the way friends!"

Stride into the crowd.
Raise a shield. AC20
Shove using the Warhammer.

Shove, Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Lucius will try to push Thug #4 away from the crowd.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Experience 890/1000 | Level 2 | #097: In Hell's Bright Shadow | Part 2: Rebuilding the Ravens | Day 4 (Sunday, 6 Rova 4715)

@Hemdar: Here you go! tl;dr: when you finish the cast your creature immediately takes two actions. Because it has the minion trait they gain 2 actions in a round if you spend an action to command them in subsequent rounds.

Enara comes up through the crowd to one of the CCG thugs, and before he can notice, the hilt of her rapier bashes against his temple. He crumples to the ground immediately, completely knocked out.

Nice crit Enara! Total of 15 NLD right out the gate.

Emarel shoots his arrow of flame, but unfortunately misses as the crowds all about him surge.


Male Human Druid 2 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +10 | Perc: +8 | Speed 20ft | Hero Points: 1 | Focus Pool: 2/2 | Reactions: Shield Block | Conditions: None

Thanks! Don't know why that didn't show up in my search. From my understanding, on subsequent rounds I will need to spend 1 action to command the minion, and 1 action to sustain the spell, yes?
As the crowds around him surge into chaos, Hemdar's face takes on a look of intense concentration. He recalls a particular species on insect he encountered in his time in the wild, and fixes the insect's image in his mind. Whispering a few words in sylvan, Hemdar points toward the group of Thrune loyalists, where a large beetle with two brightly glowing organs on its back appears with an audible pop. As the creature skitters into existence, the light from its back increases to a nearly blinding intensity. It then snaps its mandibles at one of the nearby thugs.
Spending all 3 actions to summon a flash beetle next to CCG thug 2, ideally within 10 feet of Nox as well but not within 10 feet of Hemdar. Flash beetle will then use 1 action to Light Flash, (All creatures in 10 ft. make a DC 17 fort save or be dazzled for 1 minute) and use 1 action to attack CCG thug 2.
Mandibles: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
:(

1 to 50 of 532 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hell's Rebels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.