GM Sparrowhawk's Origin of the Open Road [Gameday VIII] (Inactive)

Game Master Bristor


101 to 150 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48/48 | F9 R9 W13 | Perception +13 | AC 22 |

Kyra attempts to spend two actions on heal for Merisiel, then expands the radius of the bless.

Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Heal: 3d10 + 24 ⇒ (2, 3, 10) + 24 = 39


Maps and Handouts

Kyra brings the healing light of Sarenrae into this dark place, healing almost all of Merisiel’s wounds, while also extending bless to a 10 foot radius.

The blob holding her writhes its mass around her, and then crushes the cleric for what seems like an eternity. grab, constrict, constrict

Constrict 1: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Basic DC 26 Fortitude Save
Constrict 2: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Basic DC 26 Fortitude Save

The “mother” blob, holding Merisiel, follows the same pattern, crushes her like a python would a boar. grab, constrict, constrict

Constrict 1: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 Basic DC 26 Fortitude Save
Constrict 2: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Basic DC 26 Fortitude Save

Round 2 – Fumbus and Ezren are up!
bless (+1 status to attack) up when within 10ft of Kyra

Merisiel -1 hp + result of Fort saves; grabbed = immobilized and flat-footed
Kyra -30 hp + result of Fort saves; grabbed = immobilized and flat-footed
Creature (blue) -14hp + (-22 nonlethal)
Creature (red) -19hp
Fumbus
Ezren


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Action 1: Move.

"Again! Have to save companions!" Fumbus yells tossing both bombs at the red slime so that it will blast blue as well.

Action 2: Interact and Strike.
Frost Vial, Moderate (Touch): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 = 32
Cold Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10 4 Cold Splash Damage and -10 Foot Speed for 1 turn.

Action 3: Interact and Strike.
Alchemist's Fire, Moderate (Touch): 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 1 - 4 = 16
Fire Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (3, 7) + 1 = 11 +3 Persistent Fire Damage and 4 Fire Splash Damage.


Maps and Handouts

Fumbus lays down an elemental assault on the blob to devastating effect, and is melts into a puddle, releasing Kyra’s (unconscious?) body.
That frost bomb got a crit

Need two fort saves apiece from Kyra and Merisiel to determine the damage from those constricts.

Round 2 –Ezren is up!

Merisiel -1 hp + result of Fort saves; grabbed = immobilized and flat-footed
Kyra -30 hp + result of Fort saves; likely on death’s door
Creature (blue) -22hp + (-22 nonlethal)
Fumbus
Ezren


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel tries to hold herself together.

Fortitude 1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Fortitude 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Using her hero point on that second save. On that issue should we have gained one or two by now?

Fortitude 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Looks like a take 36 damage? Wow, DC26 at this level is utterly brutal.


NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48/48 | F9 R9 W13 | Perception +13 | AC 22 |

Kyra tries to resist the constriction.

Fortitude 26: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fortitude 26: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Okay, so I healed 3 from healing Meri, so that puts me at 27 damage, I crit fail the first one, which means I take 24 damage, putting me at 51, so I'm dying, and because it was a crit fail, I'm at Dying 2. I then take damage again and am at Dying 3. Yay.

Yeah, DC 26 seems really high right now.


Maps and Handouts

this fight is ridiculous, will try to get us moved forward later today - hoping ezren can chime in. Merisiel, feel free to act as well, and Kyra you can make your stabilizing check.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

You could use your hero point to reroll the crit fail. I will post my actions tomorrow or later tonight.


Maps and Handouts

Oh, and Merisiel is right, given PFS expectations, you have earned an additional Hero Point each.


NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48/48 | F9 R9 W13 | Perception +13 | AC 22 |

Ah yeah, if I have two hero points then I'll use the second one to reroll the first save.

Fortitude 26: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Sigh...

Stabilization:
Flat DC 13: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Kyra is now Dying 2!


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

I plan to wait and see what Ezren does. I might suggest hitting them with another fireball using drain focus.


Maps and Handouts

No doubt part of the spark of Sarenrae within Kyra helps keep her from death’s door.

Ezren intuitively follows Merisiel’s hope, and drains power from his staff to launch another fireball, following it up by using arcane might to hurl his staff at the foe!

6d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 6) = 21
hand of the apprentice: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Crit!!
staff dmg: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7

blob reflex vs. fireball: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

The staff and the fire have thinned the mass of the blob significantly. Merisiel might jus be able to knock it out . . .

Round 3 –Merisiel!
Merisiel -37; grabbed = immobilized and flat-footed
Kyra 0 hp + dying 2
Creature (blue) -57hp + (-22 nonlethal)
Fumbus
Ezren


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel thumps the remaining ooze as hard as she can.

Fist1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Fist2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Fist3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Maps and Handouts

Merisiel incapacitates the blob, and it falls into a pool beneath the sludge in the center of the room.

How are you helping Kyra?


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel has two lesser elixirs of life and I imagine the rest have similar.


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus can brew one up real quick as well.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel feeds one of her elixirs of life to Kyra.

Healing: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6) + 6 = 15


NG Human Cleric 5 | HP: 48/48 | F9 R9 W13 | Perception +13 | AC 22 |

Kyra wakes up, having barely staved off death.

Kyra will then stand up and attempt to Treat Wounds on herself and Merisiel.
Medicine 15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Critical success!
Healing: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 6, 7, 8) = 23
We each heal 23 hp. This puts me up to 23+15=38, I need 10 more. I believe that Meri still needs 14 more, so I'm going to cast a heal after that. *kicks herself for not going for the +5 to the DC.*

heal: 3d10 ⇒ (6, 7, 3) = 16
Kyra quickly recovers them from that fight, which still being surprised about how hard those hit.


Maps and Handouts

As the group heals up and gets ready to continue to track down the Ohrlavis, they see a light coming from a passageway up head. Making your way towards it, you find a set of stairs leading up to an illuminated room. Proceeding cautiously up the stairs, you find a small unoccupied room that appears to be a combination alchemy lab and bedchamber. Two narrow beds line the north wall, partially concealed by hanging curtains. Equipment-laden tables stand against the west and east walls. The pervasive chemical tang of the sewer is absent here; this room instead smells faintly of spices and tobacco.

On the tables are several scattered notes on crafting golems and creating oozes, the only book here is a treatise titled “Living on the Shore of the Sentient Sea,” inside of which is a note which reads as follows:

“Zaynap—
I’m dropping this off for your review. That Igrigi was offensively condescending, and his prices were much too high. I was only able to negotiate this single treatise, which I hope you find useful.

If this doesn’t give us what we need, I’m of half a mind to simply take what we need from Nexus House rather than deal with that arrogant buffoon again. He acted as though my money was beneath him to even touch.
—Bijan

In addition, you can find in the room two everburning torches (the source of the illumination), and among Among the alchemical equipment here are two lesser tanglefoot bags, a lesser elixir of life, and a dagger of venom. The dagger has a contraption on it which requires an Occultism or Thievery check to remove.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel will try to carefully remove the contraption on the dagger of venom.

Thievery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

This seems like its all about oozes. If we meet another one I dont want to be caught out like that again. Do we think we have time to head back into the city and buy some bludgeoning weapons?

Merisiel has the money to buy a light mace and can help Kyra buy something as well if needed.


Maps and Handouts

You are in a metropolis, so not hard to pop out and get some bludgeoning weapons. Sick kid I'm watching today, but will try to get something up if she naps, moving us forward.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

OK, then Merisiel will buy a pair of light maces and a warhammer for Kyra. I believe Kyra has the warpriest doctrine and so has proficiency with all martial weapons.


Maps and Handouts

After a quick trip back to the surface for some bludgeoning weapons, the group returns to the sewers in search of the Ohrlavi twins and the missing archival materials.

You make your way past the blobs you fought and the living quarters, turning until you are on the cusp of a large chamber. The vaulted chamber is filled with a shallow pool of greenish slurry ringed by a stone walkway. Large inflow passages to the east and south add slow rivulets of sludge to the pool, which drains lazily away to the northwest. An enormous metal contraption 20 feet in diameter stands in middle of the pool. Four round legs support the machine, and several hoses slurp the slurry in the pool. The contraption chugs and hums ominously.

The ceiling is 16 feet high, and lanterns placed around the room provide illumination.

Two humans and some sort of tiny humanoid creature are working on the machine when you enter. The humans look alike – tall, wiry Garundi twins with high cheekbones and dark skin pockmarked with acid scars from long years of alchemical toil. Both have long, dark hair. The man wears his hair in two thick braids while the woman wears hers high on her head in an untidy bun. Both wear studded leather armor with straps and hooks to hold an array of alchemical tools and vials of alchemical weapons. The other creature appears to be a stout, fleshy doll made of pale clay. It has rough facial features and an unfinished appearance, including several warts and rough knots.

When you enter, cries of alarm go up from the twins . . . apparently they aren’t interested in talking.

GM Screen: Initiative w/ +1 bonus to everyone from Merisiel:

Fumbus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Merisiel: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
Kyra: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Ezren: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Kanker: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Zaynap: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Bijan: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Extruder: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The small doll-like creature wades through the slurry on the ground, clambers up on the lip and closes on Merisiel.

The man shouts some sort of command word, which causes the noise coming from the machine to change in pitch. “How dare you interrupt our research!”, while pulling a vial off of his bandolier and hurling it at Ezren.
moderate frost vial attack in 2nd increment: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 2 = 22
frost dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 plus 5 splash damage on Fumbus and –10 penalty to Ezren’s Speeds until the end of his next turn

Round 1: Fumbus is up!
Kanker
Bijan
Fumbus -5 hp
Zaynap
Kyra
Merisiel
Ezren -4 hp and -10 to speed
Extruder


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Hmm, not sure what distance or obstacles are in my way to get into the room if any since it is off the map.


Maps and Handouts

map got moved - fixed now


Maps and Handouts

Fumbus on delay

Zaynap moves up and throws vials at both Merisiel and Ezren, but only hits Merisiel squarely in the chest.

Frost vial at Merisiel: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
frost dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 x2 from crit, plus -10ft movement on Merisiel and 5 splash damage on Kanker and Kyra

Lightning vial at Ezren, 2nd attack and range penalty: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 2 = 15

Round 1: Heroes are up!
Kanker -5 hp
Bijan
Zaynap
Fumbus -5 hp
Kyra -5 hp
Merisiel -16 hp, -10ft move speed
Ezren -4 hp, -10ft move speed
Extruder


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Oof, try and keep them off us shouts Merisiel. She ducks around the atrange creature to flank with Kyra and then stabs it.

Rapier vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
Sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 7

That looks like it might be a crit so I have rolled deadly as well which would be 51 damage, My third action will depend on whether or not it is still standing.


Maps and Handouts

Merisiel skewers the doll, extinguishing the light in its eyes.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel dives off the ledge and into the muck towards the enemy alchemist

She has a normal speed of 35' so even with -10 she should be able to move there


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus moves ahead readying two vials to toss at the nearest enemy.

Bottled Lightning, Lesser: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Electrical Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 1 Persistent Electricity Damage & Flat-Footed till my next turn.

Acid Flask, Moderate: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
2 Acid Damage + 2d6 Persistent Acid Damage.


Maps and Handouts

Fumbus’s first effort flies wide, but the second finds its mark, covering the woman in acid.

Round 1: Ezren and Kyra are up!
Bijan
Zaynap -2 hp and persistent acid 2d6
Fumbus -5 hp
Kyra -5 hp
Merisiel -16 hp, -10ft move speed
Ezren -4 hp, -10ft move speed
Extruder


Maps and Handouts

botting Ezren and Kyra

Ezren moves closer and casts haste on Merisiel, granting her inhuman (elven?) speed.
Haste = grants quickened condition for 1 minute. It can use the extra action each round only for Strike and Stride actions.

Kyra casts heroism on Fumbus and asks Sarenrae to guide Merisiel’s blade.
Fumbus: +1 status bonus to attack rolls, Perception checks, saving throws, and skill checks for 10 minutes. Merisiel: +1 status bonus to one attack roll, Perception check, saving throw, or skill check the target attempts before the start of your next turn. The target chooses which roll to use the bonus on before rolling. Once a creature has been affected by this spell, they cannot be affected again for 1 hour.

At this point the machine makes a particularly loud clank, as it vomits out a cube-shaped ooze-like object, which move towards Merisiel, striking out with the flat of one face, but misses.
cube face attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Maps and Handouts

Bijan moves closer, throwing flasks at Ezren and Kyra, missing the wizard but hitting the cleric.
Acid vial at Ezren: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
Lightning vial at Kyra: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 & flat-footed

Zaynap takes 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6acid damage and takes a guarded step away from Merisiel. She then throws an acid flask at Fumbus and a lightning bottle at Merisiel, both of which hit home.
Acid vial at Fumbus: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29
Lightning vial at Merisiel: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Finally, she tries to neutralize the acid 1d20 ⇒ 5, and fails.

Round 2: Heroes are up!
Bijan
Zaynap -8 hp and persistent acid 2d6
Fumbus -6 hp & 2d6 persistent acid Flat check at end of turn to end persistent dmg
Kyra -8 hp & flat-footed until end of next turn
Merisiel -21 hp, flat-footed until end of next turn
Ezren -4 hp,
Extruder
Cube?


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Merisiel draws on her supernaturally increased speed and glides around to the two alchemists.

I hope that thing is slow

Can someone do something about that machine? she shouts.

She tries to feint Zaynap.

Deception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

She then tries to stab him.

Rapier, probably not FF: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11
Sneak attack if applicable: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 2

That looks like it might be a crit, in which case it is 24 damage, 36 if the feint worked which is unlikely. However he is now flatfooted until the start of my next turn if it is a crit due to weapon tricks

She then tries to stab him with her dagger.

Dagger, probably FF, agile: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 14 - 4 = 11

That misses. If he is still standing I will use my hero point to reroll.

Dagger, probably FF, agile: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 14 - 4 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 4 = 7
Sneak attack: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

"Uh, I can take a look at it but with these stupid stupid guys throwing things it may not work out well." Fumbus replies before launching two bombs at the enemies.

Alchemist's Fire, Moderate @ Ooze: 1d20 + 11 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 1 + 1 = 18
Fire Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 8) = 14 2 Persistent Fire Damage.

Acid Flask, Moderate @ Bijan: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 - 2 = 17
2 Acid Damage + 2d6 Persistent Acid Damage.

Persistent Acid: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Check to stop Persistent Damage: 1d20 ⇒ 19

He quickly dilutes the acid covering him with one of his own liquids then starts moving towards the machine.

Interact+Strike, Interact+Strike, Move.


Maps and Handouts

Merisiel’s feint doesn’t seem to faze the alchemist, but her first strike skewers them through the lung, and then drives her dagger into her flank.

Fumbus covers the ooze in fire, but misses hitting his fellow alchemist.

Round 2: Kyra and Ezren are up!
Bijan
Zaynap -48 hp and persistent acid 2d6 & flat-footed until next turn
Fumbus -12 hp
Kyra -8 hp & flat-footed until end of next turn
Merisiel -21 hp
Ezren -4 hp,
Extruder
Cube -14hp & 2 persistent fire


Ezren quickly moves up to assist the group before they are overrun by slimes.

"This is getting out of hand!" he says as electricity jumps from his fingers to both of the enemies.

Move.
Electric Arc. Targets get a Basic Reflex Save.

Damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 3) + 4 = 14
Damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 4 = 13

If either are still standing he will call upon his bond to fire an acid arrow at them.

Arcane Bond. Cast Acid Arrow.
Acid Arrow: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Acid Damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 8, 3) = 16 +1d6 Persistent Acid Damage.


Kyra seeeing Merisiel taking on heavy damage moves up a short distance before unleashing a bolt of healing energy towards her.

Move.
Heal (2 Action).
Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Kyras 2 action heal does 3d8+24 as a level 3 spell.


Sorry, spells are new to me and was just using the link to AoN on her profile. Wasn't sure what heightened meant exactly but I get it now.

Heal: 3d8 + 24 ⇒ (1, 6, 3) + 24 = 34


Maps and Handouts

Ezren zaps the twins, who are hurt but don’t fall.

GM Screen:

Reflex save Z: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 vs. 21
Reflex save B: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 vs. 21

Kyra brings Merisiel back to her baseline robust health level.

The machine spits out another ooze, which slowly moves towards the fight. note, you can see it moves VERY slowly

The existing cube burns for 2, and then moves towards Merisiel, attempting to engulf her, as well as Kyra and Ezren.

Reflex saves vs. DC 19:

Merisiel: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Kyra: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Ezren: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

Everyone is able to dodge out of the way. I've moved you as if you dodged out of the way, but you could also choose to be pushed to be at the end of its movement. I'm assuming you'd rather not be moved that far.

Persistent Fire put out?1d20 ⇒ 7.

Twins actions coming shortly


Maps and Handouts

Zaynap takes 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 acid damage
She then launches her remaining flasks at Fumbus, missing with the lightning but critting with the acid.
Acid vial: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Lightning vial: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
So 2 acid damage and 2d6 persistent dmg on your turn
Finally, she tries to neutralize the acid 1d20 ⇒ 2.

Bijan moves closer, throwing flasks at Ezren and Kyra, missing Ezren but nailing Kyra in the face!
Acid vial at Kyra: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33
Lightning vial at Ezren: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
So 2 acid damage and 2d6 persistent dmg on Kyra’s turn

Fumbus, as you get closer, you see that it takes expert proficiency in Thievery (DC 24) or Occultism (DC 22) to disable the machine.

Fumbus & Kyra need a flat DC 15 check to get rid of acid persistent dmg

Round 3: Everyone is up!
Bijan -6 hp
Zaynap -65 hp and persistent acid 2d6
Fumbus -14 hp and persistent acid 2d6
Kyra -10 hp and persistent acid 2d6
Merisiel
Ezren -4 hp,
Extruder
Cube -16hp & 2 persistent fire
Ooze


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Focus on the alchemists shouts Merisiel.

Fumbus, if you could flat foot one with a bottled lightning that would be great


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus confused on which action to take reacts when Merisiel calls out. Digging around he pulls out his last vial of swirling sparks and throws it at Bijan.

Bottled Lightning, Lesser: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2 +1 Splash Damage and Flat-Footed till my next turn.

He then moves towards the machine in an effort to shut it down.

Thievery 24: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

He starts to pull out and toss away parts from the machine as it starts to power down.

I can make one more batch of alchemical items but definitely running low. Machine should be off though.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

Does that flatfoot Bijan? That will make a big difference to my turn


Maps and Handouts

Fumbus's throw goes wide.

note that you need expert proficiency on Thievery to disable the machine and it looks like Fumbus only has trained, so can't actually do anything to it. At least that's my understanding of the rules. Due to that, feel free to revise that and take other actions.


CN Goblin (Charhide) Alchemist 5 HP: 56/56 | AC: 22 | F: 11 R: 13 W: 7 | Per: 7 | Stealth: 13 | Speed: 25 ft | Active Conditions: ---

If I can't even disable the machine I will stay in place and take my other two actions to make bombs/throw another.

After seeing the first bomb fall to the side he quickly digs around in his bags before holding up a new batch of Lightning vials.

Bottled Lightning, Lesser: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 +1 Splash Damage and Flat-Footed till my next turn.


Maps and Handouts

Hit! He’s flat-footed now, Merisiel!


Maps and Handouts

Ezren casts dispel magic on the device, which seems to slow the hum emanating from it.


Female Elf Rogue 5 HP 56/56 | AC 22 | Fort +9, Reflex +13, Will +11 | Perception +11 (E), Deception +9 (E), Stealth +13 (E)

I am not sure which is Bijan but I dont think it matters. Also, if Ezren is only castinf dispel magic he should get the hell away from the cube. I have moved him 25'. Kyra should also move after whatever she does.

Merisiel ducks towards Bijan and strikes out with her rapier.

Rapier vs FF: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10
Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Following it up with a dagger to the kidneys

Daeer vs FF: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 4 = 24
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
Sneak Attack: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10

After which she heads towards the machine using her haste granted movement.

101 to 150 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Sparrowhawk's Origin of the Open Road [Gameday VIII] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.