[PBP Gameday VIII] GM Wolfspirit's (PFS2) 1-01 Absalom Initiation (Inactive)

Game Master Wolfspirit

[PBP Gameday VIII] GM Wolfspirit's (PFS2) 1-01 Absalom Initiation


1 to 50 of 133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Absalom Initiation

Please dot and delete.


Absalom Initiation

You all receive a letter sealed with the glyph of the Open Road

Letter:
Pathfinders,

I do hope you’ll join us at the Grand Lodge for the celebration to congratulate the most recent group of initiates—yourselves included! A good time is certain to be had by all, but it’s more than just a party. Gatherings like this are an excellent opportunity to rub elbows with the Society’s leadership and get to know them. That means you’ll always be quick to know about the best opportunities as soon as they arise. I hope you’ll take advantage of the event to put your best foot forward.

I’m looking forward to seeing you there!
—Janira Gavix, Pathfinder Society Head Initiate

An itinerary and mustering location are provided within the letter as well.

It seems as though the entire Grand Lodge has the air of a celebration. The great gates are flung wide, and the phoenix trees lining the entryway are in full flame. The halls of the main tower of Skyreach, normally somber and reserved, echo with the sound of voices and music.

Reaching your mustering location in front of the Grand Ballroom, you see several fellow pathfinders already there. To manage the chaotic mess of adventurers, scholars, and explorers, groups are being sent in together, so you have a few moments to introduce each other.

Please make introductions!

Horizon Hunters

NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 | Perc +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

A tall well muscled man, with a tan so prominent his skin has a golden shimmer, makes his way out of the chaos. He carries a huge greatsword strapped across his back and offers a nod of greeting to those already waiting.

"Greetings! I'm Arkat - dislodged citizen of the Shoanti and newest member of the Horizon Hunters unit!

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Dressed more for war than celebration, a dwarf enters into the hall. His hair and beard are tightly braided with leather strappings, his weapons are polished and well-worn as is his armor. He gives the room a serious stare.

"Where's the ale? How's the mutton?" He moves to the serving tables, "If Aspero isn't fighting, then best keep him eating and drinking!!! BARHAHAHAHAR!" He sets into a shank of mutton and mug, grease and ale filling his beard and mouth.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Goblin Cleric 1 | HP: 16/18 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +8 | Perc: +6, Stealth +5 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 DF 0/3| Active conditions: None.

Large and uncharacteristically still for a goblin, a small green fellow is looking about at all the people as if he's sizing them all up for a fight. Clad in hide armor and wearing an appropriately large sword, he turns to his companions and speaks in a shrill goblin voice.

"I'm Guzmord, used to be a Dark Hook pirate. Got tired of fighting people who didn't fight back, Gorum doesn't like that."

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sparks does her best to put on a confident face as she enters the gates of the Grand Lodge, but actions big and small make her excitements and trepidations plain to those keen to see them. A wary glance at the flaming trees. A slow, mouth-agape twirl as she walks past one of the towers reaching towards the sky. One extra shuffle to make sure she is standing in just the right spot as she joins the others at her mustering point. Coming to a gathering this large is a new experience for her, but she hopes that’s not too apparent to the others.

The tall elven maiden is slightly on the lean side, though her homemade leather armor and the travel pack she wears does some to hide her lack of bulk. She listens attentively as others make their introductions, but can’t help but run one hand idly along the string of the longbow as she does so.

When it is her turn, Sparks takes a small step forward then speaking clearly says,

”My name is Sparks Clearpath. I am here to make money to help my family back home. The town I worked in previously was attacked by a cult and one of the adventurers who I helped defend the town pointed me here. So, here I am.” After a beat she adds a bit more nervously, ”I am good with my bow and my bird. And on the hunt.”

The small, brown hawk nestled among her quiver of arrows briefly stretches its wings then tucks back in as Sparks steps back, her turn complete.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

A slight but muscular woman with flaming red hair to match her uncontained blazing mirth stops to admire the phoenix trees on her way to the muster point assigned to her. Her clothing for this event is a traditional Ulfen traveling dress adorned with snow fox furs. Sweat gleams upon pale flesh and makes her many blue tribal tattoos stand out all the more brilliantly on her exposed flesh. The dress leaves much flesh exposed but despite that the proximity to the flaming trees is too much for her to take for long.

The woman skips along with a song on her lips, waving to and exchanging short congraduations with those she recognizes from training. Though many scars both new and old adorn her flesh she maintains the attitude of a child out for a stroll in the forest. Years of harsh training at the hands her viking chief did little to suppress her exuberant personality and many more years of overindulgence by a doting clan dragon priest did much to exacerbate it!

With a hug for a woman who spent countless training Threnax to control her dragon blood she finally arrives to the place she must wait. Her ears have sharp points that reflect her half elf heritage more than any other feature and while she waits she toys with the many ivory rings pierced there. Hearing the others speak she decides to introduce herself as well.

"Heil ok sæll! I hope yer all havin' the time o' her life like that dwarf ovr' theres doin'! I'm Threnax Drekidóttir but you'n can call me Nax fer sure! If ye don't take kin to me ye can call me Drek instead I won't mind I swear on my blood!"

The woman shakes her ivory bangles and shakes her fingers in a spooky fashion.

"I'm a sorcerous if ye can't tell already. The blood of the goodly gold dragon what lay with my ancestors long ago gave me this power! Oh you were a pirate? We have a thing in common then, I spent a long time riding the waves with family before we was separated by fate!"


Absalom Initiation

Think we're missing one, but definitely a good start.
After your introductions are complete, you're given the go-ahead to pass on through. There you find that the great ballroom is decked for a celebration, with colorful banners and bunting along the walls, tables replete with food and drink, and a jovial cacophony of conversation rising from Pathfinders of all ancestries, nations, and backgrounds.

After a quick scan of the room, it’s obvious that many of the attendees have gathered in small groups here and there. A half-orc woman in an iconic ship captain’s hat stands near the punch bowl, handing cups to anyone who passes within reach, and a dark-skinned half-elf leads a small group of new agents around the room, introducing them to other attendees. Several senior agents stand in quiet conferral with a dark-haired Taldan man with a distinctive chin strap beard, while a scholarly dwarf tells a rousing tale to a growing audience.

A familiar blond halfling woman bounces over, bubbling with excitement. Janira Gavix, Head Initiate of the Pathfinder Society, grins, “Oh, I’m so glad you made it! After all, the celebration is for you. Have you gotten drinks? Snacks? Be sure to spend some time getting to know everyone—it’s best to be on good terms with the movers and shakers in the Society, that’s how you learn about the latest opportunities. I’ll be here if you need me to help you with anyone’s names or to make an introduction. Just let me know how I can help!” Janira gestures everyone forward into the room, beaming all the while

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

"First, ah..." Sparks looks across to the others nearby what with her bow and pack and their assorted swords and weapons, then at the full fledged party happening within the ballroom, and back to the shorter woman in front of her, "...is there any place we might set our belonging?"

"Second, is there a representative of the Radiant Oath here tonight?" she asks. "The man who first told me of the Society spoke at length about them, and I feel at least some obligation to start there, if possible."

Horizon Hunters

NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 | Perc +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Arkat nods at Sparks for the nice line of thought.

” Aye I was thinking along similar lines myself.... however I’m looking for the Horizon Hunters.”

While waiting for the answer, Arkat pulls Nax over for a quiet word.

”I believe I’ve got a touch of the gold dragon about me as well”

He waves a hand up an down his body where his gold tinted skin is plainly visible to anyone paying more attention than a quick glance.

”It doesn’t tend to shown it’s influence much... mainly when I get in a fighting mood.”

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Aspero wanders over to the group and appears to be singing (or at least talking loudly and rhythmically) along with the musicians, "Well met Janira! Aspero Tulgarst is proud to add his axe to Pathfinders. I was told that the Vigilant Seal might suit my nature. So... Who's the what for that now? And then the other who's now...?" He beams a smile and takes a long pull from his mug, staring out at the crowd looking for anyone that stands out.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Goblin Cleric 1 | HP: 16/18 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +8 | Perc: +6, Stealth +5 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 DF 0/3| Active conditions: None.

Guzmord gets himself some punch from the half-orc woman and then parks himself next to Arkat. "I'm looking for the Horizon Hunters as well," he says to Janira. "I'll take a gamble and say I should go actually introduce myself to the captain of the punch bowl?"

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

"Maybe we're family by way o' a dragon with a thing fer humans? We should make a bet to see which of us start breathing fire in our sleep first!"

Nax laughs and takes a closer look at Arkat's skin, grinning when the light catches it just right to bring out the golden tint. She touched it briefly to see if some makeup comes off on her finger and nods when she finds nothing out of sorts.

"That seems ta be the real thing! Hopefully yer right and it isn't just some kinda nasty vitamin deficiency. I saw some pretty amazing skin colors on a ship full of scurvy once, none of them were dragon kin 'sept me. . ."

With a wink to let Arkat know she is kidding the woman motions to a tattoo on her chestbone just below the very realistic choker she wears around her throat fashioned in the shape of an emerald tree boa wrapping around several tkme. The blue tattoo is the symbol of the Horizon Hunters, and the head of the choker seems to be watching Arkat intently.


Absalom Initiation

Janira nods at you all. ”Yes, yes, all of the faction leaders are in attendance; you definitely should make a point to visit them… especially if you can pry them away from other celebrants!”

Each of the current Faction Leaders appears to be busy with other influential members of the Society’s past or present, and getting the current Leader’s attention will require distracting those currently with them. The skill to roll for distraction will be listed, or you can roll Diplomacy
Former captain of the Grinning Pixie and faction leader most likely to be mistaken for a pirate, Calisro Benarry leads the Horizon Hunters, but she doesn’t stand on ceremony. Her leadership often boils down to pointing out blank spots on the map to her agents. Although the half-orc can get serious in a crisis, this certainly isn’t that time. During the celebration, she maintains a boisterous center of attention near the refreshments table and enthusiastically offers to “spice up” any Pathfinder’s beverage from her own personal hip flask (which features a detailed engraving of a sizeable sailing ship—the Grinning Pixie).

With her, you see a well-groomed, clean-shaven man of Qadiran descent, dressed finely and flashing a charming smile named Aaqir al-Hakam. You know that Aaqir was once the leader of the Exchange faction but has taken a step back to focus on family matters… but still is trying to coordinate deals and bring adventuring goods to the Society.

You can attempt to distract Aaqir by use of Diplomacy, Society, Guild Lore, or Mercantile Lore.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

Nax looks at Arkat and motions to Calisro. With another wink she slowly but confidently walks up to Aaqir al-Hakam, motioning with her hands behind her back for Arkat to be ready. She uses the motion of her body and her exotic look to try and catch the man's attention away from the pirate lord without offending either of them by directly injecting herself into the conversation.

[Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Hoping her display of cleavage and legs is enough to get Aaqir's full attention the sorcerous waits for his eyes to fall upon her before she smiles like a person who is star struck.

"Are you? No I couldn't . . ."

Nax forces a blush and turns away as if she is too embarrassed to talk to him, trying to force him to disengage with Calisro if he wants to talk to her.

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Encouraged by word that those she wishes to talk to are somewhere nearby, Sparks sets her pack down along an exterior wall then strides into the ballroom with only her bow, quiver, and bird. At 106 years of age, parties and celebrations are nothing new to her, though ones of this scale and finery certainly are. Still, there’s a table with snacks and drinks, and that’s familiar enough to start with. She fills her first cup just in time to see Nax’s daring display.

The half elf’s strategy is not one Sparks could ever bring herself to employ, it just wouldn’t be proper, but being just on the other side of the table with drink in hand, Sparks muses to stick around for a moment in order to listen and see how things go for the young sorceress.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Aspero lets out an amused snort as the half-elf saunters up the Qadiran, with a few small bits of mutton jumping from his mouth. "I like that one, she's smarmy!", he gives whoever is standing closest a friendly slap on the back in emphasis.

"I suppose we should go shake hands or something now...?" He tosses what's left of his meal to the nearest appropriate place and tries to wipe any grease off his hand onto a nearby table cloth before moving towards to Calisro, squinting in her direction "...and I think she has WHISKEY."


Absalom Initiation

Nax manages to keep Aaqir busy while the rest of the group can speak to Captain Bennisary. Watching the skill with which you distract Aaqir, she laughs and slips you a small, unmarked hip flask, describing it as “a pick-me-up for when you really need to get back on your feet.”

DC 15 Identify Magic:
The Flask is actually a minor healing potion

After some small talk, the rakish half-orc looks you up and down and confides, ”I’ve made some weird friends over the years. One of the weirdest—a long-lived naga with unparalleled occult knowledge—was unjustly accused of a crime, punished with the Charge of the Gorgon, and left petrified in Westgate. I’ve bribed someone to get permission to restore my friend, but it’ll look a lot more official if a third party takes care of the details, and you’re a perfect fit.” She gives you a greater salve of antiparalysis with explicit instructions that it be used only on the target.

The next faction leader is Eando Kline. Eando has a long history with the Pathfinder Society, and only recently has he settled into his position as leader of the Vigilant Seal faction. He’s the least friendly of the faction leaders, but he puts a great deal of faith in the rank-and-file agents. He’s assigning these missions because he believes the people that he’s giving them to can make the right call about how to handle what they find—more so than the Society leadership and even possibly himself. Eando is a stern human man of Taldan descent with tan skin, dark hair, and a distinctive chin strip of facial hair.

Speaking with Eando is Lady Gloriana Morilla. Lady Gloriana’s Taldan heritage is obvious from her dark hair and aquiline nose, but her clothing and accessories are more reserved than most Taldan nobles would prefer. She long led the Sovereign Court, an international organization supporting young nobles across Avistan. She and her agents were instrumental in Grand Princess Eutropia’s rise to power in Taldor, and while Gloriana still wholeheartedly supports the Pathfinder Society, her focus has shifted to helping the new empress consolidate her rule.

You can use Performance, Society, or any Lore skill related to a specific city to distract the Lady.

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

'Hmm...' Sparks thinks to herself as she makes a note to offer to help with the Gorgon should the opportunity present itself.

Seeing others around her going about making introductions, she wanders the room listening to the small talk and makes some of her own answering a few minor questions here and there from the other Society initiates. Eventually she finds herself in front of the leader of the Vigilant Seal and attempts to introduce herself, though without using any particular method of charm or distraction. She simply treats the man like might any business owner or city leader she'd dealt with in the past.

"Greetings and good tidings. My name is Sparks Clearpath, new member of the Radiant Oath. How are you this evening?"

Society: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Aspero watches as Sparks begins to engage with Lady Gloriana. "Less smarmy, but hopefully works just as well." He takes another slosh from his mug...

Once there's a break in the conversation Aspero saunters up to Eando, looks him and his equipment over, "So, I've been told you could use a stout axe and strong arm. I happen to have both," he offers Eando a sharp, military salute, "And ale!" and closes with a friendly grin.


Absalom Initiation

Eando smirks as the Lady is distracted. Conspiratorially, he whispers, I’m impressed with those who can keep the others occupied with such grace and can put your social skills to good use”. He provides you with a list of individuals he goes to for information across Absalom, stating that if needed to drop his name in conversations with those individuals to get the best scoop on current events. This grants the party a +2 circumstance bonus to one single Diplomacy check to Gather Information during this scenario.

He also has a job for you: A researcher from the College of Mysteries has unearthed some esoteric lore and has begun experimenting with some of the rituals she found within. These rituals seem particularly dangerous, to the extent that some of her colleagues are concerned about her efforts. Eando wants you to track down the researcher and determine whether the rituals she is studying are under control or if they are too dangerous and need to be stopped.

The next faction leader you see is Fola Barun. Friendly but driven, Fola Barun has dedicated herself to growing and nurturing the Pathfinder Society, and she’s been a strong supporter of the recent drive to bring in new members.

Currently talking to her is Ambrus Valsin. The Steward of the Grand Lodge is a tall, tan man with meticulously groomed hair and mutton chops. He runs the daily operations of the Grand Lodge with a keen eye for details while also overseeing Pathfinders’ missions in Absalom. Irked by inefficiency, Venture-Captain Valsin doesn’t appreciate backtalk and won’t hesitate to assign strenuous tasks to agents who annoy him.

You can use Acrobatics, Athletics, Crafting, Labor Lore, or another Lore tied to a trade involving manual labor. Ambrus appreciates agents who work hard and stay out of trouble.

Horizon Hunters

NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 | Perc +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Looking for a little clear space, Arkat swings his sword around while he warms up before "accidentily" bumping into Ambrus.

Oops! Sorry my friend

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

Having accomplished one job Nax disengage with the man she was to distract politely. Seeing Arkat swinging his sword around at a party makes her smile in a way that touches her eyes and lights up her whole face.

As she approaches him to talk a little sense into him Nax witnesses the barbarian bumping into Ambrus. Realizing that he is trying to distract the man Thernax cartwheels across the remaining space and attempts to catch Ambrus before he spills his drink.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Her display is efficient and manages to stay discreet even with the otherwise revealing clothing.

"Venture-Captain Valsin! Forgive us our intrusive introduction but we couldn't miss this chance ta show off to such an respected figure as yerself! Did you like our bait and switch routine? Arkart here is the bait and I'm the switch, though I promise not ta sting you! We've practiced this combat manuever fer months to get it just right eh Arkart?"

The sorcerous winks at Aspero across the room and then sends him a look that says, "Save some for the rest of us!"

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Aspero kicks the ground dejectedly as Nax tumbles herself up to Ambrus, "Now that I cannot do, but I could'a done something impressive..."

Another quick gulp from his mug and chuckle, "Guess that makes me the diplomat!" He grins and ambles up to Fola, grabbing some mugs of ale for Fola, himself and the others on his way. "Seems to be plenty Nax, but I'll give them a run by Torag and Cayden!"

I'm getting the vibe that we'll be completing each of these tasks after the party, yes?

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sparks, having availed herself of a small sandwich and a second glass of punch is forced to quickly step out of the way of Arkat and Nax’s antics.

”Nice trip...” she deadpans to Arkat.

”...and nice catch,” she says more genuinely to Nax.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Goblin Cleric 1 | HP: 16/18 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +8 | Perc: +6, Stealth +5 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 DF 0/3| Active conditions: None.

Impressed by the "diplomacy" of his would be companions, Guzmord mostly just watches their antics and sips at some punch. He was not at all used to friendly longshanks before starting his training with the society, and a gathering this large is still a bit much for him. Seeing that the others are trying to distract Chops, Guzmord will come by and give a clap for Threnax's performance.

Longshank parties are so strange, he thinks, marveling at the feat of acrobatics.


Absalom Initiation

Ambrus seems strangely captivated by the Athletic prowess or lack thereof, allowing you to talk to Fola. After introductions are made, she gives you a quest: A recent Pathfinder Society recruit who’s still in training lost a relative who tried sneaking into a famed haunted house to learn its secrets. The house has since been slated for demolition, given the number of injuries and casualties that have occurred there. Fola promised the recruit that she would make sure their relative was laid to rest properly, but she needs you to explore the site and retrieve the body. The easiest way to identify the victim is by the spiral-shaped religious symbol of Pharasma that he wears.

Fola also says, ”I believe you can resolve most situations with the spoken word, and that strong or deceptive words are still by far better than physical blows.” To back up her claim, she provides you with a lesser silvertongue mutagen

Last but not least (but shortest of the leaders) is the dwarf Gorm Greathammer. As leader of the Grand Archive, Gorm is impressed by knowledge in all its forms, but he holds a special fondness for tales and jokes that bring knowledge to life. Conversations with Gorm often leave the impression of a lively, fun uncle rather than a stuffy sage—but as he doesn’t have the lived experiences that many Pathfinders have, he enjoys hearing stories from others no matter the topic. He might ignore a conversation about magic theory or even history to talk to someone about their experience as a server at an inn.

Speaking with him is Kreighton Shane The Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls—the Society’s dean responsible for agents’ academic training—is an eccentric and absent-minded elf with long, blond hair. Though a brilliant puzzle-solver and code-breaker, his odd mannerisms leave many agents bewildered.

Skills: Occultism, Society, Fortune-Telling Lore, Games Lore, or any Lore skill not covered by the Common Lore Categories can be used to distract him.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Goblin Cleric 1 | HP: 16/18 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +8 | Perc: +6, Stealth +5 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 DF 0/3| Active conditions: None.

Seeing that it may be his time to shine, Guzmord will approach the Master of Scrolls and try to catch his attention. "Hello, Master Shane. I didn't train much with the Scrolls so we never got to discuss the state of goblin society..."

Goblin Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 unfortunately, Guzmord is not very knowledgeable about goblin society outside of the high seas

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sparks continues making her rounds about the party. There are all kinds of people here. Some, like Humans, Half-elves, and Gnomes she is familiar with and she is immediately able to strike up conversations and relay experiences.

With others, like Halflings, and especially Goblins and Dwarves, Sparks is a bit more wary, having met few or even none in the small town adjacent to the forest she grew up in. But, as with all things, she does her best to be respectful and open minded.

As with the other dwarves at the party, Sparks is a little wary of Gorm Greathammer, but as she overhears him exchange stories with multiple initiates she cannot help but join in. She waits until there is a pause in Guzmord’s conversation with Gorm then steps up to the leader of the Grand Archive.

”I believe the nearly forgotten elven war you were speaking of a few minutes before is one that my father served in many, many decades ago. He has always been reluctant to speak of particulars, but perhaps if I relayed what details I know, you could help me understand a little more about just what it was my father endured?”

Warfare Lore: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Warfare Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Hearing Sparks begin speaking on warfare, Aspero takes on a much more serious disposition. He ambles forward...

"War should be understood for what it is, a painful lesson taught to history paid for by the present." With that Aspero launches into several pivotal ancient battles that both redefined how wars were fought but also how the corresponding cultures were impacted... "...and in that the 300 were able to delay the enemy long enough for other forces to be marshalled, but no one ever credits the naval commander present for halting the seaborn assaults," as he closes his friendly grin re-appears and then quickly disappears behind his mug, "Or at least I thought I heard some white-beards say something like that once."

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

Nax finds the right time to slip away from all the discourses of the moment and begins to feast and drink. She is perhaps only slightly less ravenous than the dwarf was and ignores all else as she eats. Part of her assumes this may be the last time she had access to food of this quality and she isn't going to waste it!


Absalom Initiation

Gorm nods sagely as you distract Kreighton, a twinkle in his eyes. Slyly, he says, ”I know the value of having a scroll literally in one’s back pocket. The Master of Scrolls was inquiring about these, but you can have one.” He has a scroll of Heal, Disrupting Weapon, or Magic Missle The party can pick one.

More somberly, he notes: The house Fola previously mentioned at the Precipice Quarter, was long rumored to be haunted and has been marked for demolition in the next few days. Gorm understands that the house was severely damaged in the earthquake of 4698 ar, but rumors of strange activity there long predate the quake. He would like you to uncover the history of the house before its destruction.

The party will continue on for some time, that you can enjoy at your leisure. Or you can continue on to one of your three destinations!

There isn’t any more adventure material for the party, but you can socialize as you see fit. Otherwise, you can go to the Precipice Quarter, Westgate, or Flowers district. “Rule of Two” or, “if two players suggest a course of action, we go with that” applies for the first destination.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Goblin Cleric 1 | HP: 16/18 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +8 | Perc: +6, Stealth +5 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 DF 0/3| Active conditions: None.

Guzmord will advocate for investigating the matter of the petrified naga in Westgate. He finds longshank parties to be very odd and would love to get away from this one as fast as possible.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Aspero turns an emptied mug upside down, shaking it... No drops fall. "Empty. I guess now is a good a time as any to follow up on these tasks." He grins, "Never seen a naga before. Why not now?"

He firms up his gear and makes to leave the party, "Anyone know the way?"

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

”I do not, but it might not be too hard to find someone that does,” Sparks says. ”Parties are a nice distraction, but I’d rather be out there...” She gathers her things, takes one last bite of some pastry, and prepares to follow to others out.

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

Seeing the others getting ready to leave Nax stuffs her face one last time and drains a mug or two before hurrying to come after them. She stops on the way out for her gear to make certain she is prepared.

"I'm willin' to bet there's more to this naga than we've been told!"


Absalom Initiation

For several blocks, the quiet lanes of Westgate’s residential neighborhoods feature small houses, low-key cafes and taverns, and the occasional specialty shop. The fragrant scent of tended flower gardens in the warm sunlight blends with the low hum of distant conversation over what would normally be a pleasant boulevard. But the stone statues—at first appearing only here and there, like odd decorations—now number several per block, and the otherwise plain square ahead is outright cluttered with stone figures. They take countless forms, from humans and halflings to orcs, lizardfolk, and even stranger, all forever frozen in acts of desperation, defiance, or despair. The quaint, statue-filled square is also filled with people; several dozen townsfolk shout and argue, their voices somehow out of place among the silent statues.

You may spend two hours and make a DC 15 Diplomacy Check to learn more information while you travel to Westgate.

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

As the group moves through the city, Aspero tries to find out more from the townsfolk in his friendly but awkward way.

Diplomacy/DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Horizon Hunters

CG Female Half-Elf Sorcerer AC 16; Fort +4; Ref +6; Will +5 HP : 11/15 Cantrips : Unlimited Level 1 Spells 2/3 Focus Points: 0/3 Hero Points : 1/3

Following along in the wake of the others Threnax stops here and there to catch any news or juicy gossip about this part of town. Her odd accent and exotic clothing seem to put the folk off their guard and loosen their tongues.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Absalom Initiation

As you approach, you learn that there is a crowd gathered that has learned of your intent to free the Naga and are fearful of its monstrous appearance. It is led by four ringleaders: Clint the Smith (Crafting or Guild Lore), a dwarven barrister named Girvin (Diplomacy or Legal Lore) and a gnomish Herbalist Gnifty (Nature or Herbalism Lore), and a Socialite named Kaddren (Society or Absalom Lore). You know that you will have only a short time to attempt to influence the ringleaders and to disperse the crowd before they might turn violent. The smith cries out "Here come those Pathfinders, come to set loose this monstrous creature!"

You will have two rounds to attempt to influence the Ringleaders either through using one of the skills tied to them, or Intimidate. You can also choose to aid a party member

Round one checks!

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Sparks recognizes the forging hammer held in the blacksmith's hand and moves towards him saying,

"There is no need for that. We have been given this job, yes, but we will see it to the end, whatever that is. Rest assured, we will not leave until we are sure the situation is safe for everyone here."

Horizon Hunters

Male CN Goblin Cleric 1 | HP: 16/18 | AC: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +8 | Perc: +6, Stealth +5 | Speed 25ft | Focus points: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 2/2 DF 0/3| Active conditions: None.

Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Guzmord will turn to the gnomish herbalist and begin to start sharing what knowledge he has about nagas. "Naga can be reasoned with, promise!" he squawks. "They are just as much people as you and I."

Vigilant Seal

Male Dwarf | Martial Disciple | Barbarian (Spirit) 1| Class DC 17 | HP: 14/25(30 Rage); Hero: 1/3 | AC: 20 (21 w/ buckler); Rage AC: 19 (20) | F (E) +8; R (T) +5; W (E) +6 | Poison Resist: 1 | Perc (E): +6 ; Darkvision | Spd: 20’

Looking over the crowd, Aspero shrugs. He ambles up to the socialite. "True, t'is a terrifying creature. But who hasn't been judge harshly for a poor choice of attire or social faux pas? Why even I," he gestures to himself grandly, "have been called uncouth in ways!" With a loud and jovial laugh he continues, "Let us judge this creature by its actions and the volume of ale it can consume!"

Society: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Horizon Hunters

NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 | Perc +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Arkat moves his large form towards Girvin and speaks...

"Come now my friend.... I know you are a follower of the law. Should we not follow that in all ways?"

Legal Lore: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Absalom Initiation

Intimidate Bot for Threnax: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 The Half-elf glares at Kaddren, who decides that being involved in a riot really wasn't the "slumming it" that he wanted to participate in.

Arkat also managed to move Girvin with his stand legal acumen, who nods with an "Aye, I suppose yer right. Just be careful with the monster, laddie."

Although Sparks and Aspero make arguments that under -normal- circumstances would work, the presence of the fearsome naga is particularly unsettling, and those to are unmoved.

Round 2: Clint the Smith (Crafting or Guild Lore) and Gnifty (Nature or Herbalism Lore) remain

Radiant Oath

Female NG Elf 1 | HP: 16/16 | AC: 18 (17 Tch, 14 Fl) | F: +5, R: +9, W: +5 | Perc: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Nature can often be violent, unforgiving, and unfair. Waking this Naga might be the wrong thing to do, but... there's a chance it will turn out ok."

Horizon Hunters

NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 18 | F +7 R +5 W +6 | Perc +6 | Speed: 30 ft | Active Conditions: ---

Arkat moves alongside Sparks and nods at her.

"My eleven friend here speaks the truth..."

Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

1 to 50 of 133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PBP Gameday VIII] GM Wolfspirit's (PFS2) 1-01 Absalom Initiation Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.