[SFS 1-16] [Gameday VIII] GM Cellion's Dreaming of the Future

Game Master Cellion

Maps & Handouts


201 to 250 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Typically, much like stealth, you don't get to try again on your sleight of hand. In this case, I suppose enough time has passed that this can count as a separate attempt. So feel free to give it another go.

Once Snik relays his professional opinion, you decide to head back to the front entrance and attempt the original plan. As a group, you stand in line until you reach the two vesk bouncers. For a moment, they look at your group very skeptically - eyes particularly lingering on the sarcesian and the android. But when you present your tickets, they both shrug and wave you in.

----

You make your way down a dimly lit but slickly furnished hall, following the sounds of the music. You turn a corner a see a dimly lit riot of neon color, gyrating bodies, and vaporous fumes of myriad kinds. ♪♫ The music pounds, rattling your skull as you enter the club. ♪♫

(Note that for the description below, north is towards map left. I've added an indicator on the map page in handouts)

The main dance floor of Kosmos extends almost eighty feet from north to south. Two raised bars, tended by clearly augmented verthani, rest within raised platforms in the northwest and northeast corners, while two large vesk guard a door in the middle of the northern wall. Two identical androids with glowing blue collars tend a central bar, which serves as the main drinking station. Throngs of verthani and a handful of other species fill the dance floor, and the 10-foot ceilings barely rise two feet above most of their heads. A large stage covers the southern section of the room, flanked by ramps leading up from the east and west sides. From the stage, a southern door is guarded by an intimidating vesk who stands under a sign marked “Dressing Room.” A double door marked “Fire Exit” lies in the middle of the eastern wall, and the club entrance is the sole door along the western side.

I've moved you all in on the map, but if anyone plans to stay outside, feel free to move yourselves. You'll be missing out on quite a bit if you stay outside though!

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Before he enters Troy tries to hide his Pistol and knife again.

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

As soon as he is inside he scans the room for anything suspicious.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Acquisitives

Female N sarcesian spacefarer soldier (sharpshooter) 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +3 | low-light vision; Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. average (vacuum only) | No tracked abilities. | No spells. | Active conditions: None.

Once the team makes it past the bouncers, Hermena gives her fellow Starfinders a sidelong glance as if to say, huh, I guess that worked...

Once inside, she scans the club's interior for potential enemies while keeping up the facade of a personal bodyguard. She nods towards the back and bends over to "whisper" as best she can among the din. "The Dressing Room has the fewest guards. Basalt, you think you could create a distraction that may let someone slip by?"

Wayfinders

Dwarf Xenoseeker Envoy (steward officer) 2| SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 13 KAC 13| F +3 R +4 W +4, +2 v poison and spell

Basalt walks up to the central bar with the two androids. He orders a drink. "Why do all the androids have one of those collars?"
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 8 + (6) = 32


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Red outlined vesk are all club bouncers/guards. So... potential enemies maybe? ;>

Troy looks around the hazy dancefloor, but sees little more than gyrating bodies. He notices a couple of verthani go up to the central bar, get drinks while making rude gestures at the pair of passive androids, then cackle and head back onto the dancefloor with drinks in hand. He doesn't see anything suspicious.

You can attempt a stealth check to get through one of the doors leading from this room without attracting a guard's attention. Distractions from your allies can aid this check.

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

"I will try the door left of the stage. I might be able to... sneak inside."

Troy casually walks to the door left of the stage. He looks at Basalt who is now speaking to the two androids. He waits for Basalt to create a distraction.

Finally, at the most opportune moment he then tries to open the door without being seen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Exo-Guardians

Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

In keeping with his role as bodyguard, Burn follows Basalt to the bar. He looks over the androids, then turns his attention to the rest of the floor, paying special attention to the vesk bouncers.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

How are the bouncers equipped? Any patrons packing heavily?

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

Is it possible to remotely turn off the Android "Slave Collars"?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Sorry, I missed your question last night Basalt!

Basalt is greeted by the two androids at the bar giving sudden and identical smiles. "Welcome to Kosmos!!!~" They have to basically yell out their greeting to be heard over the pounding music, but even then you can tell their voices are blindingly bubbly. The one on the left starts with "I am Kosmos-13!-" and the one on the right smoothly continues with "-And I'm Kosmos-14!", after which they resume speaking simultaneously with "Can we get you something with a kick to start you off?"

At Basalt's question, their eyes go wide. Kosmos-13 leans forward to speak more privately to Basalt. "Hey, not so loud, mister. You want to get us scrapped?" She taps her collar with a long fingernail. "The collars are there to get us to behave. If the big boss doesn't like something we're doing, he can freeze us in place remotely from a computer in his office. And let's not talk about the pain." Kosmos-14 continues with "And talking with people about stuff that isn't business counts as something the boss doesn't like." From their tone, both clearly detest this arrangement, but are helpless to do anything about it.

----

Between the music and the flashing lights, there's plenty of distractions to be had even without Basalt's help. Troy easily slips past the vesk guard and into the backstage area. This large room is filled with racks of clothing, musical instruments, and some sofas for the musical acts to relax on before they go out on stage. There's a door to map-north that appears to lead into a hallway connecting the backstage area to the offices.

Meanwhile, Burn carefully eyes the patrons and vesk guards. He sees that each of the guards has a laser pistol and a survival knife at their hips and no heavier armament. Some of the guests are unarmed, but most have basic small arms on their person. No one seems to be carrying heavier gear. Probably because it'd make it hard to dance. Burn also notices the vesk watching Hermena carefully. She really stands out among the clientele here.

Engineering Snik: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
As far as Snik knows, the collars are controlled remotely and accept encrypted signals only. Since they don't have general purpose wireless links, they aren't easy to hack remotely. It would be difficult but possible to hack them locally, and also possible to hack their remote control system.

Exo-Guardians

Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

Burn speaks softly into his comm, "I make four vesk guards in the room. They don't seem to like you, Hermena. You probably threaten their veskismo. I wonder if the androids could be a threat too."

He sounds almost happy.

A man in his element.

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Troy tries to stealthily make his way to the storage room to the (map)east.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Acquisitives

Female N sarcesian spacefarer soldier (sharpshooter) 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +3 | low-light vision; Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. average (vacuum only) | No tracked abilities. | No spells. | Active conditions: None.

Uneasy at the added attention, Hermena decides to lean into the role. She forcefully interposes herself between random club-goers and Basalt in the most conspicuous way possible, hoping to keep attention on her and away from her more covert allies.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Wayfinders

Dwarf Xenoseeker Envoy (steward officer) 2| SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 13 KAC 13| F +3 R +4 W +4, +2 v poison and spell

Basalt orders more drinks and tries to keep his voice just loud enough to be heard by the bartenders. "I presume you've tried removing them? Where is the controller? Maybe my friends and I can help you out."

Exo-Guardians

Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

Burnham keeps facing outward and whispers over his shoulder, "Mr. Stonepeak, Miss Ion said we should see the owner of this joint about a rock, but I'll back you if you're thinking about a side job."

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

"Mister Stonespeak, Pardon me but I think I need to find a restroom." Snik says as he attempts to blend into the crowd and sneak into the offices.

Sneak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Hermena's menacing appearance keeps eyes off Snik as the ysoki tries to slip out the doors to map north towards the offices. While he manages to escape the attention of the vesk guard, he notices at the last moment that the set of double doors is marked 'fire escape' and has an alarm rigged to it.

(While you could follow the direction that Troy took and go through the backstage area, you could also stealthily disable the alarm on the fire escape with Engineering)
----

Meanwhile, Troy continues his search of the off-limits sections of Kosmos. He pokes his head into two meeting rooms with nothing of particular interest inside, then continues towards what the floor plan labeled as a storage area.

The storage room is filled with large shipping crates and some vesk sized steel blocks with transparent fronts - storage pods. Troy peeks inside and sees that each one contains a single unconscious android, each one with a slowly blinking blue collar around their neck. They appear to be in some kind of statis. The crates on the other hand are filled with plastic wrapped packages labeled with various strange and exotic names like 'Lifebloom', 'Maid's Mind Milk', 'Steven's Starshot', and so on.
----

Back on the dancefloor, Kosmos-13 hesitates to answer Basalt before furtively pointing towards the fire exit that Snik approached. She drops her voice to the lowest level yet "He's got an office that way, with a terminal that controls the collars. One ex-employee made it in there a few weeks ago."

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Troy sees the unconscious androids and hesitates. Then he reminds himself of the importance of the mission and presses on.

Unaware of what his teammates are doing he carefully moves down the hallway.

I have moved Troy on the map.

Troy sees a door to the right and puts his ear to the door. Before he opens the door Troy wants to make sure that the room is empty.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Listening in to the door, Troy's sensitive hearing picks up the hum of computer equipment, but no sounds of anyone inside. He lightly jiggles the handle and realizes that the door is held shut by a fairly simple physical (non-electronic) lock.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarf Xenoseeker Envoy (steward officer) 2| SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 13 KAC 13| F +3 R +4 W +4, +2 v poison and spell

"I know. Lerecti made it out. Stay ready, we're going to try to do the same for you." Basalt winks before blurting out 'drunkenly', "Now give me another drink you rusted bucket of metal!" He goes up to a vesk bouncer and shakes his finger at him. "You call this a club? Back in the dwarf-hold we had clubs. They were made of wood and metal and they bashed heads in good. And drinks! You call this watered down multi-colored cup of crap a drink? A drink should have a good head of foam, be a little bitter, and burn on the way down. It should add hair to your beard."

Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

While staying crouched, Snik tries to disable the fire alarm.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
In case you wanted another roll

Engineering: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Exo-Guardians

Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

Burnham wheels after Basalt and follows in his wake. "Mr. Stonepeak! Mr. Stonepeak! " Catching up, he shrugs at the vesk and shakes his head. "When he drinks I have to guard him from himself."

He uses Basalt's body to hide the fact that he slides his sword up and down a little in its scabbard, just to be sure it will draw freely.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Perfect! :-( The dice have found a new way to betray me. I really wanted to fail that roll spectacularly.

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Troy quickly glances up and down the hall making sure he is still alone and undetected. Then he tries to open the lock.

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Acquisitives

Female N sarcesian spacefarer soldier (sharpshooter) 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +3 | low-light vision; Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. average (vacuum only) | No tracked abilities. | No spells. | Active conditions: None.

Hermena continues to look imposing by Basalt's side, knowing that many eyes are on her and any attempt to duck out of view would draw suspicion. She keeps her teeth clenched, hoping Snik and Troy can get what they came for without drawing too much attention.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The two androids look uneasy but hopeful at Basalt's confident assertion. They nod and deftly mix him a drink. At being berated, both easily and sadly quite naturally adopt a meek posture and apologize for their actions. Looks like a successful aid to anyone trying to be stealthy!

Basalt's boisterous and cantankerous attitude draws the attention of plenty of club goers and most of the vesk guards. Burnham's bodyguarding helps to lower their tension and the risk that you might get thrown out of the club a bit too early.

Snik easily disables the fire alarm by slicing through a key wire in an exposed strip running along the edge of the door. With the vesk bouncers all occupied by the sight at the center of the dance floor, he silently slips past and into the back hallway with Troy.
----

Troy wiggles a piece of wire from his engineering kit in the lock and it clicks open. As Snik arrives, he swings the door open to reveal an office that contains several small workstations, a desk, and a well-stocked bar. A larger main terminal sits on a desk at the northern end of the room. Two doors lie on the western wall to connect the room to the hallway (one of which you came through). Paintings of various creatures, augmented in grotesque ways, line the walls. A door on the eastern wall is blocked off by an open and empty blocky storage pod. Two doors frame the northern wall, flanking the desk on either side.

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

"Look for the Tablet." Snik says to Troy. "I'm going to try and get into their system."

Moving over to the terminal. Snik starts typing away looking for information on the tablet and a way to disable the Android Collars.

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Troy nods in agreement. "Do you think you could... liberate those fellow androids?"

Troy looks at Snik hopefully, his eyes almost pleading. Then he starts searching for the tablet.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Snik wakes the computer terminal from safe mode only to see an elegant looking login screen. His first attempt to hack in through the security is met with an angry buzz from the terminal and a message >UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DETECTED. DISCOURAGEMENT SUBROUTINES ACTIVATING...<

After the message, nothing obvious happens, but you have a feeling that further tampering risks some kind of countermeasure. (You have two attempts remaining!)

Troy searches the room for the tablet fragment, but finds no sign of it, nor any containers that could house it. Perhaps its not in Kosmos after all? Or perhaps Bogdin has a more secure location in here to keep it safe?

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

Letting out a short curse Snik attempts another hack.

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Acquisitives

Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

Troy watches how Snik tries to hack the computer once again. Then he decides to have a look at the exterior door. Troy knows that this could be a potential escape route.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Since you have one more attempt before something "bad" happens Snik, feel free to give it another roll.

Dataphiles

Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

"!@#$, !@&^%$%, #$%^&*(, @#$%" Snik exclaims before trying again.

Praying to the RNG Gods

Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Troy looks over the storage pod blocking the way to the external door. The pod is extremely heavy, but there's nothing locking it in place on this side. There doesn't seem to be any way to slip past it either.

Snik taps away at the console, earning himself another angry buzz before finally managing to bypass the login page and its associated protections. The terminal's screen changes to display a menu of options. Among them, the following five options seem the most potentially useful:

  • Release Locks on Safe
  • Reset Android Control System Parameters
  • Activate/Deactivate Fog Generators on Dance Floor
  • Strobe Lights on Dance Floor
  • Connect This Control Interface to a Wireless Device (this requires a DC20 Computers check and a datapad or other wireless device, but allows you to access this same menu of functions from anywhere inside the club)

    The terminal also details in vague terms a dizzying array of shady business dealings conducted by Karelite Bogdin. Fencing smuggled and stolen goods and the delivery of "docile laborers" chief among them. The information here has clearly been kept threadbare in order to not give away any important contacts.

  • Dataphiles

    Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

    "Troy, lookout for a safe. Maybe Listen for the click?"

    Snik then chooses the option for releasing the safe. When he is done with that he attempts to connect the interface to his Datapad.

    Computers: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

    Through his comms "Okay everyone I have access to the dance floor and collars. I can probably cause some real chaos. I can control the fog machines and strobe lights. We are still looking for the tablet though."

    Acquisitives

    Female N sarcesian spacefarer soldier (sharpshooter) 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +3 | low-light vision; Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. average (vacuum only) | No tracked abilities. | No spells. | Active conditions: None.

    Hermena checks her comm unit and nods when she sees Snik's note. She turns towards Basalt and "whispers" to him, "Looks like Snik's got a foot in the door. Do we want to give the androids a heads-up before we start messing with the systems?"

    Acquisitives

    Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

    Troy looks curiously at Snik then nods in agreement. Troy listens intently for any sort of click.

    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    After a few seconds he turn to Snik. "I do not hear any... click. Maybe we need to search one of the... other rooms. Let us also hope that we find the tablet... quickly. As well as a means to escape."


    Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

    Indeed, there seems to be no response to Snik's toggle of the "Release Locks on Safe" function.

    Troy opens the two remaining doors from Bogdin's office. One opens to a hallway leading to a small conference room that smells of spilled alcohol. A quick look around the conference room reveals no obvious hiding places for a safe. The other door from Bogdin's office leads to a large storage room with shelves on all four walls. Troy scans the shelves, which are mostly decked out with creepy knickknacks and unusual looking art, until he spots a sturdy steel crate whose side has swung open. It seems this is actually the safe in question, disguised to mislead potential looters. However, with Snik's hacking, the safe's door is already open, revealing a pile of papers and a small stone tablet!

    Now all that's left is to get out.

    Exo-Guardians

    Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

    The vesk situation surprisingly, and most likely temporarily , alleviated, Burn looks around the room again, checking if any of the bouncers have moved.

    Dataphiles

    Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

    "Alright, Troy found the tablet. Who wants some choas to mask our exit." Snik says into the comms heading with Troy to one of the door to the club space. Not going through it yet.

    "I will go fog first, then collars, then strobe. Let me know when ready."

    waiting for team responce.

    Acquisitives

    Female N sarcesian spacefarer soldier (sharpshooter) 2 | SP 16/16 HP 18/18 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +4 | Init: +3 | low-light vision; Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. average (vacuum only) | No tracked abilities. | No spells. | Active conditions: None.

    Hermena stands next to Basalt, inclining her head to indicate she's ready to move her "ward" out of the building as soon as things get going.

    Acquisitives

    Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

    Troy is standing next to Snik, ready to open the door as soon as Snik gives the signal.

    Troy turns to Snik. "I am ready when you are."


    Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

    Burnham notices that all of the vesk bouncers/guards have a clawed finger extended, touching a contact on their earpieces. They look rather uncomfortable, possibly because of whatever they're hearing on their miniature comms.

    I'll hold off in case this additional info changes your plan.

    Wayfinders

    Dwarf Xenoseeker Envoy (steward officer) 2| SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 13 KAC 13| F +3 R +4 W +4, +2 v poison and spell

    Basalt, still acting drunk and yelling at a bouncer, activates his comm. "No! First we throw off the shackles of our slavery then we cloud the vision of our oppressors before blinding them with our awesomeness. Viva la revolucion!"

    Bluff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

    Exo-Guardians

    Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

    "They might be on to us." Burn mentions quietly over the comms. "Something has security on edge."

    Acquisitives

    Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

    "You heard what Burnham said over the comms... right Linsniket? Maybe now it is time for that... distraction."

    Meanwhile Troy tries to stealthily open the door to peak inside.

    Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26


    Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

    OK! Original plan it is!

    Troy pokes his head through the fire door and into the dance floor in time to spot the vesk bouncers looking rather alarmed. As you all hurriedly put your plans into motion, you notice that the vesk are scanning through the crowd for... something. They have hands on their weapons, so it looks like they're expecting trouble.

    Then just as Basalt calls for REVOLUTION!, Snik activates the fog and deactivates the collars in quick succession! A mass of fog billows out from concealed generators within the stage, sending the vesk straight into action! They spring towards the most conspicuous members of your group first - Basalt and Hermena. But as they do, the crowd of club-goers seem to realize something is terribly wrong, and they erupt into a chaotic mess of shoving, screaming and outright panic.

    You take to the fog on the stage to avoid the vesk amid the confusion, and see half the bouncers getting swept along by a stampede toward the sole exit from the club.

    As you take in the scene and look for an opportunity to dash for safety yourselves, you see a heavily augmented verthani approach from the western entrance. As the two remaining vesk spot him, they rush to his side - pushing club goers aside in the process.

    The verthani raises a hand and the pounding music in the club abruptly stops. He fixes beady black eyes on the fog and calls out "You damned thieves, don't pretend you're not in there! You'll regret crossing Karelite Bogdin!!!" He points at the fog, head turning towards the vesk at his side. "Kill them!"

    A few pieces of important info for this fight:

  • The fog to the south functions like fog cloud, blocking vision and laser fire in the same way as that spell. I've put grey circles to cover the area the fog extends.
  • While I've cleared most of the NPC tokens out, there's still enough people running about in the club that the whole place counts as difficult terrain.
  • Burnham succeeded at his earlier disguise check, which lets him blend in with the crowd in this encounter. This gives him 20% concealment for the duration of the fight!
    Perception DC10; noticing something about the two bartender androids:
    You notice that the two androids in the center of the room have lost their collars, but appear conflicted about their next move. You can influence them on whether to flee or fight with a Diplomacy check (done as a free action).

    ---
    INITs:
    Troy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
    Burn: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
    Basa: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
    Herm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    Snik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    -
    Bogdin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    The vesk begin advancing cautiously toward the mist, while Bogdin stands comfortably far away, pistol in hand and aimed at the fog.

    |||| INIT ||||
    Troy
    Burnham
    Basalt
    Hermena
    Snik

    Bogdin
    Vesk Blue
    Vesk Green

    Bold are up

  • Acquisitives

    Male N Android Operative 1 | Outlaw | SP 7/7; HP 10/10; RP 4/4 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | F +1; R +5; W +2 | Init +3; Perc +5| Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: None

    Perception:
    Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
    Troy fails his Perception check.

    Troy pulls his pistol and aims at the Vesk bouncer closest to him.

    Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

    Dataphiles

    Male CG Ysoki ace pilot operative 1 | SP 7/7 HP 8/8 | RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 14 | Fort +1; Ref +4; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | cheek pouches, hacker specialization, moxie | Active conditions: None.

    Snik flicks on the Stobe lights then charges forward to one of of the Vesk Guards and swings with his tacticle Baton.

    Trick Attack:
    Computers: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22 vs. CR
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 If attack and Trick attack are successful.

    tactical baton vs KAC: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


    Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

    GM Screen:
    1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
    1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    Troy's wild shot out of the mist narrowly avoids hitting three fleeing club-goers before deflecting off a vesk's armor. Snik activates the strobe function and sends the club's lighting into a mad jitter. Those at the outskirts of the fog find their eyes assaulted by the oscillating flashes (Adding a circumstance bonus as the fog dulls the flashes)

    Hermena Fort: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14
    Troy Fort: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 = 7

    Daze time: 1d4 ⇒ 2

    Troy finds himself overwhelmed by the flashing lights, while Hermena endures the strobing. Bogdin and one of the vesk similarly pull through ok by covering their eyes, but the nearest of the vesk bouncers stands there dazed. Snik dashes forwards and delivers a swing of his tactical baton that bounces off the vesk guard's armor.

    |||| INIT ||||
    Troy (dazed 2 rds)
    Burnham
    Basalt
    Hermena

    Snik
    Bogdin
    Vesk Blue (dazed 2 rds)
    Vesk Green

    Bold are up

    Wayfinders

    Dwarf Xenoseeker Envoy (steward officer) 2| SP 14/14 HP 18/18 RP 4/4| EAC 13 KAC 13| F +3 R +4 W +4, +2 v poison and spell

    Basalt goes up to the bar, "Take this." he gives them a number to contact the society. "We can help you get back to your old life or start a new one." He'll also hand them his laser pistol. "Now go!"
    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 8 + (6) = 28

    Exo-Guardians

    Ace Pilot Human Soldier// Init +2 Percept +0 SenseMotive +0 // F 3 R 2 W 2 // KAC 14 EAC 13 // Stamina 8/8 HP 11/11 Resolve 3/4 // Speed 25

    Got to clear the escape route.

    Burnham hustles forward, drawing his sword as he goes. Passing behind Snik, he swings two-handed over the ysoki's head at the vesk.

    Longsword v blue, KAC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 ... damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    201 to 250 of 336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS 1-16] [Gameday VIII] GM Cellion's Dreaming of the Future All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.