Gameday - GM Qstor - Module Heroes for Highdelve (Inactive)

Game Master Qstor

Maps & handouts


1 to 50 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

You are in Absalom, the mighty City at the Center of the World.

For some of you the training to become a Pathfinder has just ended ... some of you already had their first missions.

You have heard rumors that the Pathfinder Society is stretched thin at the moment and that junior Pathfinders are asked to complete more dangerous missions than usual.

You always knew that you would be continuously asked to explore one of the countless ruins that litter the plains outside the city’s walls on Golarion. Some of your colleagues have the opinion that this is the best way to start a life of excitement and adventure ... by exploring long-abandoned, dusty halls and perhaps claiming its ancient treasures but what about you?

* * * * *

You have been chosen to be part of the Pathfinder group that will leave to travel to Highdelve on a critical mission for the society.

You are led through the Great Hall of Skyreach past a large table with a shifting illusionary Inner Sea map on its massive surface. Standing around the Hall are dozens of pathfinders of various races exchanging stories of their exploits.

You are directed towards a smaller meeting room, past an ornate fountain with crystal clear water. You can feel the chill from the cascading droplets as some splash you on their decent to the pool.

The placard before the room reads, “The Pipeweed Nook”. Opening the door you see a long table, chairs.

You enter with the other Pathfinders but are still waiting for the Venture-Captain to arrive and give you the final briefing before you travel to Highdelve.

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The blonde archer steps into the room. Stray hair slips from her bun as she looks around the room. With an unconscious puff of air, she blows it aside. Seeing no one else present for the moment, she takes a seat near the door. Though certain she has not forgotten anything, she double checks her equipment one more time.

Dark Archive

LG Kitsune Magus(Kensai) 1 | HP 11 | AC 14(T 11 FT 13 ) |CMB:+1, CMD:14 | F:+4 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+4|Perc:+0 | Speed: 30ft | Arcane Pool: 4/4 | Active conditions: None

A happy looking half-orc enters the room with a spring in his step, humming song under his breath. He brandishes his heavy mace in tune to his song. Seeing that he is not the first in the room he gives a slight nod to the others and takes a seat while he continues to hum.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

A happy looking half-orc enters the room with a spring in his step, humming song under his breath. He brandishes his heavy mace in tune to his song. Seeing that he is not the first in the room he gives a slight nod to the others and takes a seat while he continues to hum.

Please ignore the post from Hamund Egge. I finally figured out how to create an alias.

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

The ranger returns the nod. She purses her lips as she concentrates a little. "What song is that? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it. I'm Brialla by the way."

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"Hmmm? The name of this song~? This is the song that never ends~ Just kidding!" the half-orc says in reply to the ranger with a smile.

"I don't actually know the name of the song myself. I just heard it in passing somewhere. Quite catchy though. Name's Kiliuk." Kiliuk says as he introduces himself to the human.


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

The pretty human female strolls into the room, and looks around at the group already forming. ”Cousin Brialla! Our first mission, and we get to goon it together! How have you been? Have you talked to Auntie Seville recently? She still as absent minded as always?”

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"A new arrival! Greetings! I am Kiliuk, head banger, at your service." the half-orc says as he greets the new arrival.


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

”Nice to meet you, big guy. I bet I can guess what your role in the group is,” she grins as she looks at the massive mace he was carrying. ”Well anyway, I’m Meraina, and I’m her cousin,” she volunteered, pointing over at Brialla.

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

An excited peal erupts from the ranger, "MERA!" She runs over and wraps her cousin up in a warm embrace. "I didn't even know if you have arrived yet. Isn't this place amazing? Who would have though two kids from Port Ice would make it all the way to Skyreach?" Bri holds her cousin at arms length. "You look great Mera. You always travel so well. As for my mother, she kept putting sugar on the salmon instead of the salt. I finally had to hide the whole bag before she ended up ruining the winter stockpile." She tucks some loose strands of hair behind her ear. "Any word from Gran?"

Brialla sits on the table, letting her legs dangle. She turns and offers a smile toward the barbarian, "You know Kiliuk, with enough wine in this one, you'll have a tremendous singing partner. She's loud, but terribly off key. She does make up for it with such enthusiasm though. AND the more she drinks, the louder she gets. Simply awful."


”Mogmurch” Male NE goblin expert 1 | HP 7/7 (2 nonlethal) | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMB -3, CMD 9 | F +1, R +2, W +1 | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

A dwarf, more musclebound than usual, practically crashes into the room. His beard is thin, to the point of being wispy, but is long and well-kept. "Sorry to keep you waiting," he rumbles. "Had to pen a letter home. Expected much of everyone, myself included, and I didn't live up. Apologies again, now let's get started..." He looks around to see the team assembled, but without a Venture-Captain.

"Well, could've been later, or worse," he says, a bit closer to jovial. "Name's Torgen. This'll be my first real job as a Pathfinder. Here's hoping it's worth it, and that you all are as ready as I am."

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"I am Kiliuk, those are Merainaa and Brialla. Welcome to the party." Kiliuk says as he introduces himself and the two women to the new arrival.

"Do you dance by any chance? I sing, Merainaa is backup and Brialla… Anyway, if you can dance we can make a quartet!"

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"But only when we're drinking." She offers a hand to Torgen, "Nice to meet you, and welcome to the team. I'm Brialla, but Bri or Bria is just fine as well."


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

”Bri’s just the best! I’m so glad we get to do our first mission together! Tell your mom I was asking about her.”

She laughed exchanging stories. ”I doubt we will have much call to sing and drink on whatever mission we get assigned....unless we get the best one ever!”


”Mogmurch” Male NE goblin expert 1 | HP 7/7 (2 nonlethal) | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMB -3, CMD 9 | F +1, R +2, W +1 | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Good to meet you all," Torgen says, meaning it as he accepts Brialla's offered hand. "Can't say I've ever tried dancing. Not the greatest on stage, I'd bet, but I'm quick on my feet. Without this armor on, that is.

"Well, if there's any time to spare, you can bet we'll be drinking! It's always a mercy to kick back at some decrepit tavern, and I'll treat anyone unlucky enough to be without coin."


The door opens and you see the renowned Venture-Captain Drandle Dreng enter the meeting room.

He looks as if he did not have much sleep as he has a sleepy-eyed look on his face.

He has a violin and a meerschaum pipe in his hand and sets it on the table. He withdraws a small pouch from the slipper and opening it, removes some shag tobacco. He begins to pack the pipe with the tobacco before removing a hot poker from a fireplace in the room, touching it to the pipe bowl, and drawing on the pipe until the contents kindle an ember.

He stands eyeing the assembled group and puffing on the pipe for a long few moments before speaking.

"Well, well, so you are the team they sent here for this mission?! You look tough but are you the right people for this mission? You already heard that we are sending you to Highdelve, right?" he says with a stern look.

"First missions are usually less dangerous but our informant's reasons to ask for a team as well as the nature of the assignment were a little vague ..."

He eyes you again.

"I called you in tonight to discuss a problem I need you to solve." he says as clouds of pipe smoke drift lazily around his head.

++++++
"Well, more than two centuries ago, the humans of House Garess flourished in the foothills of the Golushkin Mountains in western Brevoy, where they founded Highdelve as a settlement of human artisans to work the dwarven ore their allies supplied. However, as the years went on, House Garess’s numbers waned, and the noble family scaled its business back. By this time, thousands inhabited Highdelve."

He looks at you to see if you are still listening.

"Rather than languish under House Garess’s neglect, the Highdelvers began to focus on self-sufficiency. It built a robust economy and 50 years ago, the leaders of highdelve approached the patriarch of House Garess in Grayhaven roughly 20 miles south. It wasn’t full independence Highdelve wanted as much as a release from any major taxes and military duties the town might owe its feudal overlords. Not in the position to fight the Highdelvers, House Garess acquiesced. From that day, Highdelve has been independent in everything but the strictest formalities."

He pauses for a moment.

"Have you ever heard of Aurelliax?" he asks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

kn(geography or history) DC 10:
Brevoy is a nation in far northeastern Avistan on the verge of tearing itself apart. The political entity known as Brevoy was once two vastly different nations locked in a constant state of war before being conquered by a despot. After centuries under the rule of a line of conquerors that only recently disappeared, Brevoy must now decide its own destiny.

Being so far north, winters are long and harsh. The short spring and summer seasons require the populace to farm and fish just enough to keep food on the table.

* * * Separate check * * *

Kn(History) DC 13+ or kn(local or nobility) DC 18+:

You have heard the stories of Highdelve's history in more detail ... what the Highdelvers didn’t know, however, is that benevolent eyes had been watching the situation that the Venture-Captain described unfold.

The settlement piqued the interest of Aurelliax, a gold dragon who had lived for more than a century in a mountaintop lair near Highdelve.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The dragon admired the town’s tenacity, and its people’s generosity toward their neighbors warmed her kind heart. Shortly after Highdelve broke from House Garess, Aurelliax offer the humans her patronage and protection for free.

Kn(History) DC 18+ or kn(local or nobility) DC 23+:

Elated and humbled, the townspeople accepted—provided that Aurelliax never involved herself in the settlement’s internal affairs. After all, the Highdelvers did not wish to simply trade one overlord for another. Her motivations genuine and pure, Aurelliax assented.

For the Highdelvers’ part, awe for Aurelliax quickly turned into true affection, as the dragon time and again has demonstrated her dedication to this settlement of about 4,500.


”Mogmurch” Male NE goblin expert 1 | HP 7/7 (2 nonlethal) | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMB -3, CMD 9 | F +1, R +2, W +1 | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

"This is going over my head," Torgen says, stifling a yawn as Dreng's perpetual sleepiness washes over him. "I hope I wasn't picked as the brains of this operation. I don't know of any Aurelliax or House Garess, but my extended family live close to this Grayhaven."

The dwarf likewise pauses, mulling over something the pair of humans said just before he entered. "Did you two say you hail from Port Ice? Me too! Born and raised. I used to work with the Skyforgers, you might've seen my family's arms business. Been a tick, but last I saw they were thriving."

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

"Aurelliax? Hmm...drawing a blank. Although I think the apothecary told me it could help with constipation. Or was that acne?"

By the way, what first level character REALLY needs to take 'Giant' as their favored enemy? It is like they go out of their way to sub-optimize pre-gens. :/

Although, if it does come up, I am prepared to put on my bib and eat some crow.

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Kiliuk tries to remember if he knows anything about Brevoy. Even though he is Egede which is just across the Lake of Mists and Veils from Brevoy he can't remember anything about it. He should have paid more attention to his lessons.

"Can't say I've ever heard of anyone named Aurelliax." he says in reply to the Venture-Captain.


Dreng raises an eyebrow.

"Aurelliax is a gold dragon who had lived for more than a century in a mountaintop lair near Highdelve and the dragon time and again has demonstrated her dedication to this settlement of about 4,500."

He pauses again.

"I do not want to go into the details of why a gold dragon would do that but I can assure you that we had a hand in that story. This was just background information because your mission actually concerns two kids. Well, they are young adults by now. RICHELLE AND TOLWIN are their names. They are not related but they are the kids of two deceased Pathfinders. We placed them under the protection of the mayor of Highdelve 17 summers ago - Winette Qarl is her name."

The Venture-Captain sighs and looks at his feet.

"We received a message that they are misbehaving. I have to admit that this mission is personal for me and I want you to check on them. They know nothing about their parents' history but if you can find out what is going on I would appreciate that."

He looks back into your eyes again and smokes his pipe, sending smoke into the air.

"Of course we would never send you to Highdelve just because of two kids ... this is just a coincidence that I am using to my own benefit." he laughs.

"During one of our other missions we learned of a plot againt Aurelliax. We do not know the details but we know that an agent of a cult of Kostchtchie, Gilda Korgren, traveled to Highdelve more than a year ago to craft a ring with special significance to the cult of Kostchtchie ... additionally, we learned about a Port Ice–based shipping company that is trying to track cargo that went missing between the port and Silverhall in southern Brevoy. We do know that the cargo included several Thassilonian relics that could also be of value to the Kostchtchie worshipper."

kn local or kn religion for more information on Kostchtchie.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"Misbehaving? How? Are they pranking people or something? Kiliuk inquires as he thinks of his neighbors' children back home in Egede.

Scratching his head in confusion Kiliuk asks: "What would some cultists want some old relics?"

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


DC 20 Kn(local) or DC 15 Kn(religion):

Born a mortal man of Ulfen stock before being cursed, Kostchtchie is now the demon lord of giants and biting cold.
Kostchtchie's main worshipers are giants who have turned from the worship of their traditional deities, particularly Thremyr, and instead embraced the demonic as being a more aggressive philosophy.


Dreng walks to a window and looks out.

"No, I do not have any further information the shipment and it’s powers. And regarding the kids’ misbehaving ... surely the mayor of the town knows more."

He thinks for a moment.

"To be honest I do not know what the mayor told the kids and I do not have authority to tell you what happened to their father but maybe there is a connection."


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

Know. Local1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Meraina tries to recall anything about the local area but didn’t have any success.


Dreng sees that you have no further questions and stops pacing long enough to knock some of the ashes out of his pipe and reload it with more tobacco.

"This is one of your first mission so be careful. Please make haste and travel to Highdelve."

He looks at the whole group and tries to assess your level of comfort with this mission and continues.

"Go and see what you can find out!"

With those words he turns his attention away from you, picks his violin up, opens the door and begins playing and walking out of the room simultaneously.


HIGHDELVE

It’s late when your caravan arrives in Highdelve.

Most of the travelers are only stopping for dinner before proceeding on to the next town, but you have a mission here, and so you remain when the wagons pull out again.

When you get to the inn you find it unusually crowded. The innkeeper only has one room available, what with the festival tomorrow.

If you’re willing to share, however, she has some cots she can set up and there should be room enough for the four of you. As you walk down into the common room for dinner, you find it, too, is more crowded than you would expect.

A four-top comes open right as you walk in, though, and almost as soon as you sit the waiter comes by with bowls of stew and mugs of ale for the four of you. You eat and have a chance to get to know your new comrades on this mission.

If you want you can paraphrase your characters attitude and what you would share with the others in your next post. Also see the slides.


”Mogmurch” Male NE goblin expert 1 | HP 7/7 (2 nonlethal) | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMB -3, CMD 9 | F +1, R +2, W +1 | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

"I was worried for a moment there," Torgen chuckles. "I thought an initial mission might be unassuming, but that was a degree lower."

He isn't sure of much else. But the dwarf recently received word to be on the lookout for some other missing cargo. It was apparently bound for the same place. Likely inconvenient to dire for business, if the folks were willing to ask me.

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

Kiliuk looks around at the crowded room trying to see the decor and take in the atmosphere of the place. He also looks around for anyone important looking. Who knows, he might see the mayor or maybe even the missing commander he was sent to look for. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

He regales his companion with stories of his youth in Egede. Most of them showing him to be a loyal friend, always willing to stand up for others but when his ire is roused it often got ugly fast.

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"So we take down some cultists, save the dragon and babysit a couple of kids on the side? Talk about multi tasking. They don't expect at lot for a couple of newbies do they?" Kiliuk says as he shrugs and takes a drink from his mug.

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"How should we go about this? Which should we go at first? The children or the cultists?." the half=orc says as he takes a spoonful of stew before continuing. "Either way I think we need to meet with the mayor to find out more."

Looking around the table he waits for his companions opinion expectantly.

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Bri purses her lips as she considers Kiliuk's question. "Well, I agree that the first stop should be the mayor. The cult would seem to put more people in danger, so that looks like the priority to me."

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"But if the children really are so out of control they might do something dangerous to themselves or to others. We might be too late to save them if we go after the cultists first." reasoned the barbarian.

"But I suppose deciding which task we should do first is part of the job. So...who else wants to go after the cultist first?" Kiliuk asks the others.


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

”Maybe the mayor could shine some light on which problem is more dire. I’d say we talk to her and then make our decision.”

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"What say you? Brialla? Torgen? Do you wish to start our search now or wait 'till morning?"

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"My guess is that we will have to wait on the mayor's availability. I hope we won't have to sit around too long."


”Mogmurch” Male NE goblin expert 1 | HP 7/7 (2 nonlethal) | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMB -3, CMD 9 | F +1, R +2, W +1 | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Torgen doesn't talk too much, instead responding to questions directed his way or general things directed at everyone. He mentions he's more warrior than typical dwarven craftsmen, and his family accommodated. When he left that for an opportunity in the Society, however, they felt less charitable. "Estranging myself and making light of strings they pulled, that's what they called it. Not sure I see it that way, but I hope we can reconcile."

"Unfortunate, that we don't know more about these children," he lament during the new discussion. "But the mayor has answers. We'll wait. Eventually get told what the tykes are up to. It could be problematic, but I doubt it's as troubling as a cult situation."

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

"It's decided then. Why don't we turn in early tonight and ask around in the morning? As crowded as this place is right now there should be someone who know about one or the other. I'd go talk to the innkeeper. but it looks like business is too busy this time of the night." Kiliuk says as he rises from his seat stretching out his arms and letting out a big yawn. "It'll be less crowded in the morning."

Liberty's Edge

male PFS VL in MD

dot

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

Before you turn in and in the morning you find the festival going on.

Brightbloom Jubilee

During the first evening and your first hour on the jubilee you learn that the Brightbloom Jubilee is a 2-day party with a distinct structure of events.

Before the jubilee, the town elects two young locals to serve as Bloomgivers — an enormous honor for those chosen. Early on the celebration’s first day, the Bloomgivers venture with an empty wagon up nearby Dendra’s Slope, where the largest field of brightblooms grows.

The jubilee then runs throughout the day, and it includes a full slate of amusements, games, and festive street food, all set up in the town’s main Protectress Square.

In the afternoon, the Bloomgivers return to town with the first harvest of brightblooms, and the townspeople fete the youths’ journey by escorting them from the gates back to Protectress Square.

There, the Bloomgivers hand out brightblooms to eager townspeople. The rest of the evening is spent as a public dance party known as the Brightbloom Ball. The jubilee’s second day is spent alternately removing winterizing measures from the town’s buildings and breaking into spontaneous rounds of song and dance.

See map.

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

Where's the map?

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor
Kiliuk, for Highdelve wrote:
Where's the map?

the map is on Slide 5

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

With a laugh in her voice, "A festival? Oh, it's been years. Mera, we have to go! Remember the last one we went to? They had those honey cakes. I got so sick. Ma was so mad at me."

Should we place ourselves on the map? Does it matter where we are?


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

”You shouldn’t have eaten six of those cakes, you silly goose! But you’re right, I’d like to go check out the festivities while we are in town. It’s be rude not to go, I think!”


”Mogmurch” Male NE goblin expert 1 | HP 7/7 (2 nonlethal) | AC 14 T 13 FF 12 | CMB -3, CMD 9 | F +1, R +2, W +1 | Init +2 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Torgen looks as if he's trying not to enjoy the festivities around him. But he can't help but smile at the barrel-go-round. "At least they'll be receptive to questions."

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

A festival! Ha! the half-orc says with laugh, I wonder what the brawl will be about this time? he says as he turns to the dwarf with a grin A festival is never complete without a brawl or two. I once attended one where a man's wife met his two lovers who didn't know about each other. For a seamstress, a baker and a barmaid they put on quite a fight! They ended up beating the man to pulp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

You guys don't have to place yourselves on the map. I don't anticipate that combat will break out

You can do Diplomacy checks or kn(local) to Gather Information from the crowd.

A crowd is milling about the booths.

+15:
A teenage boy pushes through the crowd with a star-struck look on his face.
“Have you seen her? Have you seen Aurelliax? You know, the gold dragon! The one who keeps the whole town safe! She’s here, but she never stays in one place for long. Everyone wants to talk to her, and she’s so nice—she wants to spend time with us all!”
* * *
For the past decade or so, the people of Highdelve have expressed some concern about sending their youthful Bloomgivers up Dendra’s Slope to collect brightblooms for several hours alone.
The brightbloom field is about an hour’s hike from the town proper, and the foothills are full of threats.
To quell their qualms, and to reinforce that Aurelliax would never suffer an outside threat to the town, the gold dragon has begun lending the Bloomgivers a special amulet called the Golden Pendant each year for their journey up the slope.
Not even the gold dragon has elaborated on exactly what the amulet can do, and she’s instructed the townspeople not to bother examining it much magically, but everyone knows that it’s a treasure that would make Abadar himself proud.

+20:
Two elderly women watch a group of adolescents giggle and shoot furtive glances toward the square’s western entrance.

“It warms this old granny’s heart to see those sweet kids,” one of the women says. “So young! So much energy! They just can’t wait for the Bloomgivers to come back from Dendra’s Slope so they can celebrate. But I wonder what’s keeping those Bloomgivers? They’ve usually returned by now!”

The Concordance

”Brialla” Female NG human ranger 1 | HP 13/13 | AC 15 T 12 FF 13 | CMB +3, CMD 15 | F +4, R +4, W +2 | Init +2 | Perc +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female FeySorcerer 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 13/13/10 | F+1,R+2,W+2 | Init+2, Perc+0 | CMD 13

Know. Local 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Meraina wanders here and there, keeping an ear to the ground to find out more about this wonderful little festival.

”Did you hear that? There’s a dragon in the village!”

Read the first spoiler, please.

Liberty's Edge

Male Secret Identify of Qstor

A young boy turns to Merainaa "Yeah lady she's our protector! She's golden! Her name is Aurelliax"

Dreng mentioned that to you: (See above)

Anyone want to do anything more that first night? Otherwise we can jump till morning

Sovereign Court

”Kiliuk” Male CG half-orc barbarian 1 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +6, R +1, W +0 | Init +1 | darkvision 60ft; Perc +6 | Speed 40ft (30ft in armor) | Active conditions: None

It must get crowded in here when Aurelliax drops by, yeah? So who's the lucky pair this year? Kiliuk asks of the boy.
Nothing else for me

1 to 50 of 161 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday - GM NOWRUZ - Module Heroes for Highdelve All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.