[GDVIII] GM Debug's SFS 1-99: The Scoured Stars Invasion (Inactive)

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts
Starship Combat Reference

GM Copypasta:


1 to 50 of 358 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

All hands on deck...


First Seeker Elsebo Luwazi clears her throat and makes an announcement to all of the gathered Starfinders as they slowly trickle in. “Starfinders, we stand at the precipice of momentous history, and I want to thank you all for making it possible for us to be here today. The Starfinder Society has spent the last year recovering from the Scoured Stars incident, our greatest defeat in recent history. We are finally ready to return to the Scoured Stars, find out what happened to our missing colleagues and friends, and rescue any survivors we can find. Report to your stations and lend your assistance to our fleet by performing the final preparatory tasks. More instructions will come shortly.”


After a long voyage through the Drift, the bulk of the Starfinder fleet has arrived at the outer reaches of the Scoured Stars system. Several immense carriers form the core of the fleet and contain docked transport ships, fighter craft, and scout vessels. Each of the stored ships contains armor, weapons, provisions, and other equipment. There is an almost palpable feeling of tension and excitement as hundreds of Starfinders aboard the central carriers prepare themselves for the mission. Ahead, a shimmering veil of golden energy conceals the three stars known to be within.

Venture-Captain Naiaj, a no-nonsense bleachling gnome, approaches with a datapad in hand. “Do you have all your gear? Are you ready? Good. Now let’s help our fleet get ready for the final journey into the Scoured Stars. But first, tell me your names and what special training you have so we can assign an appropriate task for you to assist with.”

Now is a good time for introductions and any last minute purchases. Also take this moment to slot your Boons. It is recommended to slot the First Skirmish Boon from Starfinder Society: On the Trail of History if you have it.

Venture-Captain Naiaj, Venture-Captain Arvin, and the faction leaders Fitch, Historia-7, Radaszam “The Dealmaker”, and Zigvigix can be seen gathering groups around the ship, assigning tasks to help with the preparations.

You may each visit with each of the leaders if you wish. You can split up or focus on one or two with aid another checks. Don’t roll just yet. This is just to give an idea what skill checks will be helpful.

  • Historia-7 (Diagnostics on the Bridge)- Computers, Engineering, Perception or Profession (Electrician)
  • Venture Captain Naiaj (Engine Check in the Hangar Bay)- Engineering, Piloting, or Profession (Electrician or Maintenance worker)
  • Radaszam (Equipment Check in the Cargo Bay)- Engineering, Medicine, Perception, Survival)
  • Zigvigix (Missile Tube Cleanup in the MIssile Bay)- Acrobatics, Athletics, Profession (Maintenance worker)
  • Venture-Captain Arvin (Morale Boost just outside of the Bridge)- Bluff, Diplomacy, Profession- relevant skill, Sense Motive
  • Fitch (Threat Analysis in the Science Lab)- Engineering, Life Science, Mysticism

  • Wayfinders

    Male Kasatha Tempered Pilgrim Solarian/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 18/18 | RP: 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:16 | Fort +3/Ref +3/Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +1

    A tall and well-built kasatha stands and looks around for his co-agents. He is dressed in dark clothing, in a traditional kasathan way his mouth are covered with a piece of material. He pulls out a spherical device turning it on saying:

    "Hey Raven are you there? Some things are happening and I might need your help soon."

    I have a hireling helping me in Life Science, Mysticism and Physical science with a mod +4. Her name is Raven and I use her through telepresence. Otherwise, Vecro is a social person with Diplomacy and Intimidation +6 and Acrobatics +6 and Atheltics +8. So skill-wise Vecro can help with Ziggy and Arvin. No one else to talk to, so I will stop my post here.

    Vecro has a mote of pure blackness hovering over his head that looks a bit like a black hole. Its shape and dynamic can be mesmerizing to some, but it seems to have no impact on the surroundings. In one of his hands, he holds a long pike.


    Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian1/Soldier1 | Init +5 | Perception + | Sp 0/14, HP 8/18, RP 1/4 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 | 30ft Movement | Limited Telepathy

    A somewhat muscular Lashunta approaches Naiaj.

    Telepathically in Common <Thank you Venture Captain. I appreciate this opportunity to serve. Most beings have difficulty expressing my true name. So, please, call me Surge. I am fairly skilled at piloting as well as being able to smooth over tensions verbally, though I’m certainly not opposed to more dangerous forms of negotiation>

    Surge taps his heavy armor and points to the small yellow glow nearby. Then bows to Naiaj and walks towards Zigvigix and eventually to VC Arvin.

    Slotted boons
    Sunrise Maiden [starship]
    Wayfinders champion [faction]
    Paizo shirt [promotional]

    Wayfinders

    m shirren mystic/1: init +3, perception +7, SM +7| SP 4/7 HP12/12| EAC 14, KAC 15| fort +1, ref +3, will +5| laser pistol 18/20|spells level 1 0/2

    Telepathically in common My name is Xaric and I have some skill in the mystical arts as well as some knowledge in medicine and the life sciences. Xaric excuses himself and wanders off towards Fitch.

    Acquisitives

    Male Shirren Ace Pilot Star Shaman Mystic 1 | Init +2 | Peception +7 | Sp 0/8, HP 4/12, RP 4/4 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | Spells 1st-Level 0/3 | 30ft Movement | 20ft Fly Speed in Space | Limited Telepathy | Blindsense (Vibration)

    A lanky bright green skinned Shirren walks over.

    Telepathically in common <My name is Andromeda, I am rather skilled in the mystic arts. I am also very good at keeping my eyes open and reading people and a rather good pilot if I do say so myself. Is there anything you need help with?>

    Andromeda will try to with with the VC for Piloting, then will head over to Radaszam.


    Slotted Boons
    Acquisitives Champion [faction]

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    A tall Android walks up to the VC. Whereas some Androids try to hide their mechanical heritage, this one clearly exhibits signs of his race; mechanical hinges can be made out beneath the translucent skin of his arms, and blue circuits glow faintly on his face. At his hip is hung a holster with a laser rifle.

    When he approaches, it becomes clear that, although his appearance is clearly Android, his demeanor is very much unlike most. He is chewing gum vigorously, one hand in a pocket of his stained cargo pants, the other toying with a clockwork device floating in the air in front of him. He looks around with a bored look on his face, but a grin appears on his face when he comes in front of the VC.

    "'Sup Cap'n." He begins, chewing gum all the while. "I'm Helios-4, work as a test pilot at Absalom Station." The small device stops floating, and he catches it before shoving it in his pocket and shrugging. "Quite familiar with magic, you might say. Imma go see Fitch, aight?"

    Without waiting for an answer, he walks over to the Ysoki.

    Gonna go to Fitch for Engineering or Life Sciences with Xaric, then gonna go to Historia-7 for Engineering/Computers.


    Vecro and Surge:
    You meet with Zigvigix, leader of the Exo-Guardians, in the missile bay. “Hey! Thanks for showing up! I’ve got a special mission just for you! See those missile tubes? I need them checked to make sure that there’s nothing obstructing missiles from being launched, so could you climb or crawl in and have a look? I’m pretty sure it’s safe and we won’t accidently fire you into space!” (Acrobatics, Athletics, Profession (Maintenance worker))

    Andromeda:
    Radaszam, leader of the Acquisitives, waits for you in the cargo bay. “As you’ve probably surmised, things might get hairy once we’re in the Scoured Stars. Ain’t no glamor in this task, but it’s important—check these weapons, armor, medical supplies, and survival gear, and replace any faulty gear so we all might just make it back home alive.” (Engineering, Medicine, Perception, or Survival)

    Xaric and Helios-4:
    Her nose and whiskers twitching, Fitch, leader of the Wayfinders, reads something on a large screen in the science lab while her children operate other consoles and devices. “Hey, can you help me with something? What we have here is a database built from references to creatures in travelers’ logs and fragments of communication signals that were sent from the Scoured Stars before the force field appeared. Sift through the info and take notes on what kind of threats we might face.”
    Fitch then pats one of her nearby children on the shoulder. “See this red guy here, Kirkath? Your notes should be: This is a balor demon, if you see one… RUN!” (Engineering, Life Science, Mysticism)

    Ardoc:
    Pending post

    Each of you may attempt a single check, either an attempt to perform the task or aid another roll on an ally.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Male human mercenary Soldier 1 | Init +4 | Peception +1 | Sp 0/9, HP 1/11, RP 4/5 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2 |

    "Hiya." A grey-haired, middle-aged human man scratches his beard and waves shyly at the group.

    "Ardoc. Happy to help wherever I can."

    Ardoc would be best at Acrobatics, Athletics, Survival and Stealth, in that order.

    Promotional Boon slot: Promotional Reroll (Paizo volunteer GM shirt)
    Faction boon: Exo-Guardians faction
    Ally boon: High Society Influence (all) (SFS 1-05)


    Ardoc: That'll probably put you with Ziggy (working with Vecro and Surge) or Radaszam (working with Andromeda). Feel free to make a check.

    Acquisitives

    Male Shirren Ace Pilot Star Shaman Mystic 1 | Init +2 | Peception +7 | Sp 0/8, HP 4/12, RP 4/4 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | Spells 1st-Level 0/3 | 30ft Movement | 20ft Fly Speed in Space | Limited Telepathy | Blindsense (Vibration)

    Telepathically in common<Not a problem I will look at this stuff right away.>
    Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    The Android approaches a console and starts going through the databases.

    "Sure thing boss, let's see what we have here..."

    He turns around and points to Xaric.
    "Hey, you! Help me out with this, will ya?"

    Life Sciences: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

    Feel free to Aid or do your own roll as you prefer


    Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian1/Soldier1 | Init +5 | Perception + | Sp 0/14, HP 8/18, RP 1/4 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 | 30ft Movement | Limited Telepathy

    Giving Zixvigix a curious glance. ”Uh, sure thing boss.” Climbing up near the tubes, and engaging his infrared sensors. ”Hey, uh, Vecro, maybe you’ll fit better in this thing?”

    Aid for Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

    Wayfinders

    m shirren mystic/1: init +3, perception +7, SM +7| SP 4/7 HP12/12| EAC 14, KAC 15| fort +1, ref +3, will +5| laser pistol 18/20|spells level 1 0/2

    Xaric nods to helios and begins sifting through the reports. Assisting with life science checklife science life science: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

    telepathically to helios Im not really finding a whole lot from this angle. Perhaps i need to re evaluate it from the perspective of a mystic


    Helios-4 makes a quick script to split the database into a few tables... 1 - Unlikely to encounter, 2 - Likely to encounter, 3 - Run like hell if encountered. Xarric gives a few pointers to refile the algorithm as well.
    There's probably room for further refinement, but after 10 minutes, Fitch pushes the newly updated codex out to everyone's personal coms.

    Once per adventure you can either reroll a check to recall knowledge, or get a +2 bonus to initiative for 1 encounter.

    Andromeda makes a cursory check of the weapons. Nothing appears out of the ordinary, and after a short inventory find himself a bit out of his element.

    Surge scrabbles up into one of the missile tubes and offers his hand out for a boost to give Vecro a leg up. Further results pending Vecro's check.

    Andromeda, Surge, Xaric, and Helios-4, you can all go ahead and lend help with another faction leader now if you wish.

    Wayfinders

    m shirren mystic/1: init +3, perception +7, SM +7| SP 4/7 HP12/12| EAC 14, KAC 15| fort +1, ref +3, will +5| laser pistol 18/20|spells level 1 0/2

    After finishing work on the codex, Xaric makes his way to Venture-Captain Arvin. telepathically in common perhaps i may be of assistance.sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    Helios-4 grimaces when Xaric speaks of mystics.
    "Ugh, can't really help you with that. Gods 'n stuff are a bit out of my league. Thanks for the help though." He salutes the Shirren and gets on his way. True to his word, the Android goes to see Historia-7 next.

    "Hey there. Need help with anything?"


    Venture-Captain Arvin briefs the Xaric in the access corridor just outside the bridge. “Many Starfinders, especially newer recruits, fear what might await us in the Scoured Stars. Talk to your colleagues and see if you can lift their spirits. You have my permission to be creative— pep talks, jokes, or playing some music through the comm system are each valid options.”

    Xaric enters the room and begins to size up the new recruits. The Scoured Stars incident has been widely talked about but almost nobody has any details... and it's gained a life of it's own within the minds of the new recruits. Being sent to extract 'Grizzled old veterans' from the 'Greatest disaster in Starfinder history' (or so they seem to think) has them all quite nervous. How do you wish to comfort them? No additional roll required, just RP.

    Historia-7, leader of the Dataphiles, shows the Helios-4 the carrier
    ship’s science station on the bridge. “Thank you for your assistance. Once we jump into the Scoured Stars, we will need to scan the system to locate any survivors from the previous expedition. Please check connections and run tests on the ship’s computers to ensure the sensors, comms, and other critical systems are running without glitches.”
    (Computers, Engineering, Perception, or Profession (electrician) would work here.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Male human mercenary Soldier 1 | Init +4 | Peception +1 | Sp 0/9, HP 1/11, RP 4/5 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2 |

    Ardoc will go and help Ziggy clean up the missile bay.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


    Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian1/Soldier1 | Init +5 | Perception + | Sp 0/14, HP 8/18, RP 1/4 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 | 30ft Movement | Limited Telepathy

    Finishing up with the missile tubes, Surge heads over to talk to Arvin.

    He smiles and nods to the Venture Captain and to Xaric. With Arvin's words, Surge smiles and starts meeting with some of the other recruits.

    "Sure is cold out there in the Vast. Still, I'm eager to get out there and see if we can find any of our people. With a bit of luck and Desna's blessing, maybe we can bring them all back safely. Greatest thing about being a Starfinder, we're like one big family. We look out for each other."

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    @Ardoc oh yeah, way to start a scenario!

    Helios-4 slowly nods while listening to Historia-7. He blows a bubble of gum, and adds:
    "Sure thing. Lemme see what I can do."

    Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

    Helios begins to work on the consoles, rewiring and reapiring portions of the circuits and chewing gum all the while. When the repairs are over, he gives a satisfied smile.

    "Aight, let's see how this fares now."


    Ardoc wiggles his way up the missile tubes... clearly a lot more limber than one might guess based on his apparent age. A few of the missile tubes have some protruding bolts that could cause an issue. Or could have... were it not for Ardoc's inspection. A group of drones are dispatched to make sure they don't pose a problem later. Zigvigx takes Ardoc aside. "Hey um..." He looks around at everyone scrambling to get repairs done, then cranks up the volume of his 'Star Sugar Heartlove Single' before continuing. He quiets down a bit so only Ardoc and Surge can hear. "We don't have many of these... so I wanna make sure each shot counts." He hands the soldier a requisition order for some higher end ordnance. "With skills like yours I trust they'll be used well."

    Once during the adventure, for 1 round you can give a +2 bonus to all starship combat attack rolls. If any of those weapons have the limited fire property, they don't consume ammunition this round. In addition, before firing, pick 1 weapon. If that weapon hits, it automatically counts as a critical.

    Surge heads down the hall to hand in the req order and meets up with Xaric. They palaver and and consider the concerns of the new recruits. A short pep talk rarely is enough to calm a bunch of rookies... but when you already know exactly what's bugging them... well, things go a lot more smoothly.

    Once during the adventure, when you use an Aid Token, you chose 2 different benefits instead of 1.

    Wayfinders

    m shirren mystic/1: init +3, perception +7, SM +7| SP 4/7 HP12/12| EAC 14, KAC 15| fort +1, ref +3, will +5| laser pistol 18/20|spells level 1 0/2

    telepathy to surge:
    i fill surge in on what the vc wants. [B]perhaps you can assist me by being my voice. The captain wishes me to lift the spirits of the others. While i can speak it can be disconcerting to others. Perhaps you can give my words voice to the recruits en masse?

    Acquisitives

    Male Shirren Ace Pilot Star Shaman Mystic 1 | Init +2 | Peception +7 | Sp 0/8, HP 4/12, RP 4/4 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | Spells 1st-Level 0/3 | 30ft Movement | 20ft Fly Speed in Space | Limited Telepathy | Blindsense (Vibration)

    Andromeda is going to try to focus and use Survival to help out Radaszam.

    Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

    Wayfinders

    Male Kasatha Tempered Pilgrim Solarian/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 18/18 | RP: 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:16 | Fort +3/Ref +3/Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +1

    It is really hard to track it down who of the leaders still can be impacted. My perception check tells me Radaszam and Naiaj. Given that I have no skills to impact Naiaj I will aid another with Radaszam

    Kasatha walks towards the Vesk saying

    "Sir, let me help investigate the equipment"

    Perception, aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

    After that, he goes to Naiaj telling:

    "Venture-Captain, it seems like all other tasks are taken care of, let me try to see if I can see something with regards to the engine"

    Piloting, aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


    Helios-4: There are very few glitches in the system, and what little you found was fairly easy to resolve with a quick recalibration... which may prove to save your hides later, as you may find yourselves piloting these ships soon enough. You receive a priority code from Historia-7 that gives you a bit more control over power distribution on your ships. Don't use it often though... it's not... 'up to spec.'

    Once this adventure, you may gain a +4 bonus to one Computers check during starship combat, OR you can make a computers check during a ground mission to make a Computers check even if untrained.

    Andromeda and Vecro: Several of the medical kits appear to have expired sterilization creams, and some of the weaponry has uncharged batteries. Andromeda and Vecro provide Radaszam and the technicians a detailed list of the deficiencies, and quite quickly they are addressed. Radaszam approaches the duo, "Thanks for getting that taken care of. This time we want EVERYONE coming back, and if someone found themselves armed with one of those guns or in need of one of those med kits... well... that could mean the difference between life and death. You seem like quite a resourceful group. If you need anything while you're out there, use my req order code."

    Once during the adventure, you can outfit the party with new weapons for the duration of a single mission. Each of you can requisition a weapon with item level up to your level +1. This must be used as a group, and must be used before the final chapter. The weapon comes with a fully charged battery/magazine.
    In addition, once during the adventure, you can outfit the party with a single consumable item with item level up to your level. These you can hold onto throughout the whole adventure.

    Venture-Captain Naiaj takes Vecro to the hangar bay “All right, let’s get to work. See all these ships here? Work with the chief engineer to check the engines of these transports, fighters, and scout ships, and help her make any necessary adjustments.”

    Vecro hops in the copilots seat and gets ready to run some diagnostics.

    While you aren't 100% sure if you've done everything possible to satisfy any given leader, here's a rough synopsis of what you've gathered:
    Radaszam - Thorough review completed
    Historia-7 - Basic recalibration, probably room for more work
    VC Naiaj - None (Pending Aid for Piloting)
    Zigvigix - Comprehensive overhaul and clean-out completed
    VC Arvin - New recruits are ready to roll!
    Fitch - Threat database solid, possible room for improvement

    When we finish this section, I'll put a summary of all of the boons you earned into the slides.

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    I guess I'll roll for Naiaj then!

    His work with the Dataphiles leader done, Helios-4 spots Vecro with VC Naiaj, working on the ships.

    "Hey there." He begins. "Lemme give you a hand." Without further ado, he hops in one of the cockpits and begins running tests.

    Piloting: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 2 = 29 Counting the +2 from Vecro's aid

    "Oh yeah. Nothing beats trying out new fighters, amirite?" He reclines on a seat, legs crossed while he finishes working on the console.

    Acquisitives

    Male Shirren Ace Pilot Star Shaman Mystic 1 | Init +2 | Peception +7 | Sp 0/8, HP 4/12, RP 4/4 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | Spells 1st-Level 0/3 | 30ft Movement | 20ft Fly Speed in Space | Limited Telepathy | Blindsense (Vibration)

    After helping Radaszam, Andromeda will go over to Fitch.

    Telepathically in Common<Hello Fitch, I believe that I may be of some assistance to you>

    Mysticism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


    Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian1/Soldier1 | Init +5 | Perception + | Sp 0/14, HP 8/18, RP 1/4 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 | 30ft Movement | Limited Telepathy

    Moving to meet with Historia-7 and trying to get their attention from the display screen.

    "All good here?"

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


    Suddenly, every screen aboard the Starfinder fleet switches to show nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo standing next to a golden obelisk about two feet in height. Behind her, a large observatory window showcases the Godshield, a shimmering force field surrounding the Scoured Stars system. Luwazi Elsebo slowly lifts her eyes from the artifact and addresses the Society.

    “Starfinders, this is the Tear, an ancient artifact some of our most skilled agents recovered during a recent mission. The Tear is our key back to the Scoured Stars—our key to liberating those who were lost a year ago. We are ready, so let’s not waste any more time.”

    Luwazi Elsebo speaks a few words in an alien language and the artifact start humming softly. She then traces her finger along the artifact’s surface, and a set of glowing runes appear around the obelisk. The golden field surrounding the Scoured Stars starts twisting upon itself, and massive gashes appear as the force field starts tearing itself apart. As the final shreds of the shimmering field evaporate, Elsebo speaks: “It is time. Good luck, Starfinders. Fleet—activate Drift engines! Go!”

    One by one, the ships of the fleet pierce the veil between the Material Plane and others, splashing through space like it was water, and then vanish into the swirling depths of the Drift.

    *****

    Whisked away through the Drift, the Starfinder Society fleet spreads across the three solar systems that form the Scoured Stars. The ships begin scanning the planets, asteroids, and other objects orbiting the three distinct stars. The fleet’s long-range sensors soon start picking up communication signals, energy signatures, and signs of life. After a quick analysis, the Society has identified a few locations where information on the lost Starfinders is most likely to be found. After nearly a year of waiting, the search for survivors can begin.

    GM’s you are now set to start Part 1.


    Boon list added to slides

    Helios, Andromeda, and Surge make a few last adjustments when all of a sudden the call to action is given! The list of missions is sent to all of your coms as you board your vessel. A small contingent of trainees accompany you, ready to assist where they can. You have an aid token! Use it quick to keep it moving!

    First mission with 2 votes will be a go!
    Agillae-2: Planet of the Dinosaurs - Survival Mission, Standard Gravity
    Agillae-5: Starship Graveyard - Technological mystery, Low Gravity
    Bastiar-4: Lifeless Spaces - Investigation, Standard Gravity
    Bastiar-7: The Third Kind - Starship/persuasion
    Callion-2: City of the Ancients - Investigation, Standard Gravity

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    Helios-4 gives a quick look to his datapad.

    "A starship graveyard, huh? Seems pretty mysterious to me!"

    My vote is on Agillae-5!

    Wayfinders

    Male Kasatha Tempered Pilgrim Solarian/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 18/18 | RP: 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:16 | Fort +3/Ref +3/Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +1

    Vecro listens to the First seeker feeling the importance of the moment. He glances through the missions and says

    "Eloritu supports the ones that unravel mysteries, even technological ones. Starship Graveyard sounds like the place."

    Acquisitives

    Male Shirren Ace Pilot Star Shaman Mystic 1 | Init +2 | Peception +7 | Sp 0/8, HP 4/12, RP 4/4 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | Spells 1st-Level 0/3 | 30ft Movement | 20ft Fly Speed in Space | Limited Telepathy | Blindsense (Vibration)

    After briefly looking at the datapad.

    Telepathically in Common to the Group "Starship Graveyard sounds mysterious and ominous, Let's do it."


    Plugged into a nearby communication station, the Historia-7’s eyes blink rapidly as she collates data from many teams across the Starfinder fleet. She snaps out of her technological trance and fully opens her eyes. “Greetings, Starfinders. I have assigned your team to a mission on Agillae-5. Our scans indicate that many Starfinder starships from the previous expedition crash-landed on the same spot on the planet, forming an enormous concentration of wreckage that spreads out for miles on the otherwise barren planet. Investigate the ships, locate any survivors, and retrieve any useful data from the ships. We don’t know what caused so many ships to crash-land on the planet, so exercise caution during the investigation.”

    As you make haste to your ship, a technician flags you down. "Your landing shuttle is this way! Also, everyone grab one of these R-TEP beacons..." He passes out a badge to each of you. "If things go FUBAR, hit the button and we'll R-TEP you ASAP."

    The badge says 'Rapid Team Extraction Protocol Beacon' on the back.
    At any time, you can call for R-TEP without taking an action. 1 round later, a specialized transport ship will arrive for full team extraction. The extraction costs 1 Resolve Point per player, but if someone cannot afford the cost, another player can spend the resolve for them.

    The tear acts as a beacon, and your ship is able to make what would normally take the better part of a day takes only an hour. Shortly after you begin your descent to the planet's surface however, the ship's systems begin to malfunction, and the communication systems start glitching. Suddenly you see an incoming message from... Venture-Captain Whiskan? "Stay away fr- <STATIC> Gravitational anomalies cau- <STAIC> -s. Repeat, dangerous gravitational anomalies, turn back."

    Each of you can attempt or aid ONE of the following checks:
    Sense Motive to analyze the message contents
    Computers to analyze the message's metadata for clues
    Culture to figure out who Venture-Captain Whiskan is

    Wayfinders

    Male Kasatha Tempered Pilgrim Solarian/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 18/18 | RP: 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:16 | Fort +3/Ref +3/Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +1

    "Whiskan, Whiskan... I should know him"

    Despite the alarms and all the stress kasathas breathes in and concentrates

    Culture: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

    Wayfinders

    m shirren mystic/1: init +3, perception +7, SM +7| SP 4/7 HP12/12| EAC 14, KAC 15| fort +1, ref +3, will +5| laser pistol 18/20|spells level 1 0/2

    Xaric closes his eyes as he concentrates on the incoming message, replaying it in his mind sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


    Note: For this section, technically everyone is supposed to decide which rolls they are making first, then everyone rolls. For the sake of not having a day of discussion, then a day of rolls I'm having you all make your checks, but I will not be giving out the info gained from the rolls until either everyone has rolled, or I've seen enough of the rolls to know the full outcome for each section.

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    Helios rushes to a console and frantically runs the message through diagnostics. Unlike Vecro, Helios seems very stressed, and his circuits begin to glow with a faint red hue.

    "C'mon! Gimme something!"

    Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

    Acquisitives

    Male Shirren Ace Pilot Star Shaman Mystic 1 | Init +2 | Peception +7 | Sp 0/8, HP 4/12, RP 4/4 | EAC 13, KAC 15 | Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 | Spells 1st-Level 0/3 | 30ft Movement | 20ft Fly Speed in Space | Limited Telepathy | Blindsense (Vibration)

    Andromeda focuses really hard on the message.

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


    Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian1/Soldier1 | Init +5 | Perception + | Sp 0/14, HP 8/18, RP 1/4 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 | 30ft Movement | Limited Telepathy

    Attempting to recall info about Whiskan. if they happen to be a pilot, DC is reduced by 5

    Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


    ArdocBot Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

    Vecro recognizes the name Whiskan as the name of a Venture-Captain who was lost during the original Scoured Stars incident. Helios-4's quickly goes to work looking at the file signature and confirms that this message was actually sent 9 months ago.

    Suddenly, just as the warning indicated, the sensors begin showing gravitational anomalies! The ship starts gently shaking...

    As before, each of you can attempt or aid ONE of the following checks:
    Computers to analyze the sensor data for navigational information
    Physical Science to analyze the sensor data to better understand the anomaly
    Perception to assess the impact to the ship

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Male human mercenary Soldier 1 | Init +4 | Peception +1 | Sp 0/9, HP 1/11, RP 4/5 | EAC 15, KAC 16 | Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2 |

    Ardoc grips the arms of his seat tightly and looks like he's going to vomit.

    Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    Helios-4 grits his teeth when he uncovers the information.

    "This message was sent nine bloody months ago! Something big's happening here!" He quickly jumps to another console and begins running tests to understand the anomaly.

    Physical Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

    Wayfinders

    m shirren mystic/1: init +3, perception +7, SM +7| SP 4/7 HP12/12| EAC 14, KAC 15| fort +1, ref +3, will +5| laser pistol 18/20|spells level 1 0/2

    Xaric begins pouring over the sensor data perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

    Wayfinders

    Male Kasatha Tempered Pilgrim Solarian/2 | SP: 14/14 | HP: 18/18 | RP: 3/3 | EAC:15 KAC:16 | Fort +3/Ref +3/Will +4 | Init +1 | Perception +1

    Vecro reaches out for the communicator saying

    "Raven look at those data for me, will you."

    Physical science, aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


    Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian1/Soldier1 | Init +5 | Perception + | Sp 0/14, HP 8/18, RP 1/4 | EAC 16, KAC 18 | Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +3 | 30ft Movement | Limited Telepathy

    Checking out any camera feeds to see how the ship is holding up

    Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


    With only 1 option for Andromeda, I'll just go ahead and move us forward before I go to bed.

    Andromedabot Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

    The scanner data makes no sense! The thrusters must be overcompensating for... wait a minute! Helios-4 is onto something... it seems as though there isn't really a gravitation anomaly, but your sensors think there is and the ship is responding accordingly... You'll need to guide this bird in by hand!

    As before, each of you can attempt or aid ONE of the following checks:
    Piloting to steer the ship
    Engineering or Melee Attack roll to make a quick 'fix' for the steering system
    Computers to override the sensor data

    Wayfinders

    "Helios-4" Male N Android Technomancer 1 (Ace Pilot) | SP 6/6 ; HP 5/9 ; RP 4/5 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1 ; Rf +2 ; Wi +2 | Init. +2 ; Perc. +0 ; SM. -3 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. |
    bot:
    [dice=Attack, Azimuth Laser Rifle]1d20+2[/dice][dice=Damage, F]1d8[/dice]

    "What the hell is going on here! C'mon, we can do this!" The Android furiously taps the keyboard.

    Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
    Can't believe my luck so far

    1 to 50 of 358 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GDVIII] GM Debug's SFS 1-99: The Scoured Stars Invasion All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.