GM Tyranius Age of Ashes (PF2E)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Map
Treasure Sheet
Hero Points (Max 3): Cabaguil (1); Cuthberwyn (2); Ðakaþos (3); Dori (3); Kelvin (2); Raspar (3)


801 to 850 of 979 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

Kelvin sneaks up quietly behind Raspar. "Ready when you are."

Dark Archive

The kobolds frown as Pib kicks the dead boggard. "This is all your fault." Zarf's eyes swirl around in his head in small circles with opposing directions, not really resting on anything in particular. "You right. We too powerful and would only show you up." His clawed hands dig down deep into the cloth wrapped around his groan area like some sort of sack. You hear clinking of glass jars as he brings up a trio of lesser alchemist fires and hands them to you. "Take these then. They tribute from goblins." He says proudly.

Turning your heels the kobolds duck back into the rubble, quiet as can be. Ðakaþos, still taking advantage of his invisibility opens the door. As Ðakaþos walks up to the door, he suddenly finds himself floating in a mass of thick, viscous liquid! The liquid burns his flesh as he is stuck fast! You can just barely make out the transparent form of an enormous cube-shaped ooze that is engulfing the elf! Engulfed Unfortunately noone would probably know if Ðakaþos didn't just become visible once again and floating slightly in the air gasping for breath.

Acid Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

@Ðakaþos- Need a DC 20 Fort save or be paralyzed.

Engulf:

An engulfed creature is pulled into the monster’s body. It is grabbed, is slowed 1, and has to hold its breath or start suffocating. The creature takes the listed amount of damage (2d6 acid) when first engulfed and at the end of each of its turns while it’s engulfed. An engulfed creature can get free by Escaping against the listed escape DC. An engulfed creature can attack the monster engulfing it, but only with unarmed attacks or with weapons of light Bulk or less. The engulfing creature is flat-footed against the attack. If the monster takes piercing or slashing damage equaling or exceeding the listed Rupture value from a single attack or spell, the engulfed creature cuts itself free. A creature that gets free by either method can immediately breathe and exits the swallowing monster’s space.

Init:

Cabaguil: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Cuthberwyn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Ðakaþos: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Dori: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Kelvin: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Raspar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Alak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Ooze: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Round 1
Kelvin (39/39)
Alak ()
Raspar (39/39)
Ðakaþos (36/42; engulfed; grabbed; slowed 1)
Dori (49/49; Steel Shield 12/20)

-------------------------------------------------------
Ooze (Occultism to ID)
-------------------------------------------------------
Cuthberwyn (38/38)
Cabaguil (29/29)


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

@Dak: Don't forget your heropoints on that save. If we can see him, and he's failed his save, then Raspar will offer this help:

Liberating Step:

Traits Reaction
Trigger: An enemy damages, Grabs, or Grapples your ally, and both are within 15 feet of you.

You free an ally from restraint. If the trigger was an ally taking damage, the ally gains resistance to all damage against the triggering damage equal to 2 + your level. The ally can attempt to break free of effects grabbing, restraining, immobilizing, or paralyzing them. They either attempt a new save against one such effect that allows a save, or attempt to Escape from one effect as a free action. If they can move, the ally can Step as a free action, even if they didn’t need to escape.


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Round 1

Action 1: Step back.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

Raspar grips his halberd tightly as he moves up to strike at the jelly.

Melee Strike (halberd):
Halberd: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 to hit;
P/S: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 damage

Melee Strike (halberd):
Halberd: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 to hit;
P/S: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 damage

Rasparations:

Melee or Ranged Strike:
[ dice=Starknife]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P/S]1d4+3[/dice] damage

Melee Strike (Halberd):
[ dice=Halberd]1d20+8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P/S]1d10+3[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/8 + 2 vs. spells/reaction
HP: 39/39

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 3
Speed: 25'
Luck? 0/1 used

Critical damage: [ dice]2d4+6+1d6[/dice]

Melee Strike:
[ dice=Shield]1d20+7[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=B]1d4+3[/dice] damage


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

Action 1: Strike
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Strike

Kelvin leaps to action, swinging his magical morningstar in an effort to smash the space in front of him.
Strike 1 vs Flat-footed: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage (B): 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1) = 8
Strike 2 vs Flat-footed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage (B): 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (3) = 12
Strike 3 vs Flat-footed: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Damage (B): 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (5) = 14


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

LOL That was a monumental waste. I'd be frustrated, but I LOVE Gelatinous Cubes

FORT: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Awaiting confirmation on whether or not I get Liberating Step and what I'm doing with that. Will post ASAP afterwards.

Radiant Oath

HP 62/62| AC 20 | Fort +10, Refl +6, Will +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) |

Dori steps toward Kelvin's side and angles his shield to protect them both.

actions 1:step
actions 2:strike
actions 3:strike

attack!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
damage?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

attack!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
damage?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

retributive strike on first party member attack by cube thing:
target gains resistance 5. If the foe is within range:
attack!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
damage?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human

Round: 1

Status:
AC: 16 HP: 29/29 Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped: None
Conditions: None
Spooky: 15/15hp, Fast Movement, Life Link
Spells Spell attack +9 (T), Spell DC’s 19 (T)
Bloodline Focus: Diabolic Edict* (Focus Points: 1)
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Produce Flame*, Read Aura
First Level: (4/4) Charm*, Heal§, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
Second Level: (3/3) Flaming Sphere*§, Faerie Fire, Dispel Magic, Heal§ (2)

Piling on, Cabaguil instinctively launches a ball of demonic fire (•>>, 2d4 persistent damage on crit) at the beast, doing his best not to harm Ðakaþos as he does so.
Produce Flame: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 Damage (Fire): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

He would also try to understand it, but his training isn’t complete. He looks to Cuthberwyn for ideas though he tries anyway (•>) in his own meager way.

Occultism: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Dark Archive

@Ðakaþos- Liberating step would work so you can attempt an escape as a free action and step as a free action if you manage to get free.

Kelvin brings his morningstar into the jello-like substance surrounding Ðakaþos. The elf watches in fear as the blunt instrument swings towards his own body, only to be stopped a short distance away by the cube of goo.

Alak steps in and tries to slice the ooze in half with the power of his blade.

Greatsword; PA: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 5 = 10
Damage: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (10, 10) + 4 = 24

The blade slits through the ooze cutting off an entire quarter of it. Ðakaþos' leg hangs limply and freely outside of the ooze. Raspar steps back and pokes his halberd into the gelatinous substance, slinging a small bit against the wall.

Dori quickly hacks into the ooze cube with his axe. Each strike taking away bit by by as the group chisels Ðakaþos out.

Round 1
Kelvin (39/39)
Alak ()
Raspar (39/39)
Ðakaþos (36/42; engulfed; grabbed; slowed 1)
Dori (49/49; Steel Shield 12/20)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ooze (-69; Occultism to ID)
-------------------------------------------------------
Cuthberwyn (38/38)
Cabaguil (29/29)


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

Ðakaþos feels the magic in his sinews, and tries to pull away from the cube: Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Once out, he begins to hew the cube into much, much smaller pieces:

Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for DMG: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 for DMG: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Exacting Strike
Bastard Sword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for DMG: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Dark Archive

With his leg free, Ðakaþos kicks himself loose from the ooze and chokes up a bit of the clear substance onto the ground that he swallowed. Gripping his bastard sword the elf makes quick work cutting the cube into a little smaller portions.

Cube Face vs Ðakaþos AC 22: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

The ooze swats at Ðakaþos just before it lurches forward with surprising speed, engulfing the pair of dwarves and Alak. The transparent goop washes over the trio, giving just a moment to leap out of the way.

Alak Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

@Kelvin and Dori- DC 19 reflex save or become engulfed. If you succeed you can choose to either be pushed aside or in front of the ooze. Failure, you are engulfed, grabbed and slowed 1. If engulfed you will also need a DC 20 Fort save vs Paralysis.

Alak dives to the side just as he feels something shimmer in front of him.

Round 2
Kelvin (39/39)
Alak ()
Raspar (39/39)
Ðakaþos (36/42)
Dori (49/49; Steel Shield 12/20)

-------------------------------------------------------
Ooze (-85; Occultism to ID)
-------------------------------------------------------
Round 1
Cuthberwyn (38/38)
Cabaguil (29/29)


Male Human

Round: 2

Status:
AC: 16 HP: 29/29 Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped: None
Conditions: None
Spooky: 15/15hp, Fast Movement, Life Link
Spells Spell attack +9 (T), Spell DC’s 19 (T)
Bloodline Focus: Diabolic Edict* (Focus Points: 1)
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Produce Flame*, Read Aura
First Level: (4/4) Charm*, Heal§, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
Second Level: (3/3) Flaming Sphere*§, Faerie Fire, Dispel Magic, Heal§ (2)

Cabaguil decides he’s much too close to the action, and backs away a bit (•>) before firing another ball of fire (•>>, 2d4 persistent damage on crit) at the creature.

(I don’t think there’s any cover, as the people are all inside, but if there is, -1 from the below please.)
Produce Flame: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Damage (Fire): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

Dark Archive

Cabaguil spatters flames against the ooze. The fire spreads across it making the substance sputter and boil, turning to a wet puddle on the ground.

The gelatinous cube has not had many meals recently, but it has managed to engulf an errant cultist who learned the hard way how dangerous this portion of the vaults are. Among the bones is a hand crossbow that glows with magic.

(10 minutes) DC 16 Identify Magic (Any of the 4 traditions):
This is a +1 Hand Crossbow

Player Status:

Kelvin (39/39)
Alak ()
Raspar (39/39)
Ðakaþos (36/42)
Dori (49/49; Steel Shield 12/20)
Cuthberwyn (38/38)
Cabaguil (29/29)


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Raspar moves over to help the be-oozed out of the jelly, a smile on his face if they can be extracted without too much mess.

"Oh, are you okay?" Raspar says, trying to wipe off the ooze from Kelvin's face. Helpfully taking the dwarf's braided beard, he twists it using his tiny, but strong, laborer's hands trying wring out the ooze. "Hold still. Just one more good squeeze..."


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

"That was... interesting. I've read of such creatures, but meeting one that close wasn't what I expected." It's hard to tell if the elf is serious or making light.

"Here, let me see that weapon." Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Also I messed up my attack modifiers. It wouldn't have changed anything, but I need to pay attention.


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

Kelvin sputters and spits, unable to prevent the beard-handling he gets from Raspar. With his facial hair fully wrung, the be-oozed dwarf finally speaks... in a series of long, dwarven invectives.

"What in the Nine Hells was that thing? Better still, why does that thing even exist? Who was crazy enough to think it was a good idea to make a creature like that? Pharasma take it, and keep it!"


Male Human

Cabaguil will poke around a bit while Ðakaþos IDs the magics.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"That was pretty nasty for sure." Cabaguil smiles, glad everyone is basically OK.

"So, is that it? Did we find everything there was to find?" he seems somewhat disheartened to have found everything. What will happen to the hero's now? he worries.


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

Once he's shaken off most of the jelly, he joins Cabaguil in the searching. "There's got to be more to this."
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

"Indeed Kelvin. There has to be. We've done a thorough job of physically searching this place, but there are unanswered questions. There has to be more to the Cinderclaws. What will become of this place?" Dak starts to cogitate, and it becomes clear that he's frustrated.

"What's the deal with the tunnel. Do we need to talk to Voz again? We found no aiudara."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

"If someone tells me that me and Dori need to take up mining picks and start singing 'hi ho, hi ho' as we dig that hole they started... you'll be the first to earn a fat lip from my fist."


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Raspar takes a good look at the wet and sticky puddle that remains. He grabs his shield and slowly, cautiously scrapes the remainder of the ooze goo under the red rug. A careful observer might note that this doesn't exactly make the slime disappear and indeed rather ruins the fancy carpet... but Raspar smiles, happy with the result.

"So that's really it, then?" He looks at the group expectantly and with some hint of disappointment, worried about his newfound frens leaving now that the work appears to be finished.

He makes a mental note to let the goblins know it's safe now (if they are to be found) but to keep an eye out for any stray bears.


Male Human
Kelvin Craghorn wrote:
"If someone tells me that me and Dori need to take up mining picks and start singing 'hi ho, hi ho' as we dig that hole they started... you'll be the first to earn a fat lip from my fist."

"I thought dwarves were exceptional miners? Is that not the case?" Cabaguil asks with a wry smile, though he too has no interest in tunneling.

However, it does remind him of the tunnel already dug. "Depending on what we find here, we should take that more or less finished tunnel back to town and see where it comes out. Might teach us something."

Radiant Oath

HP 62/62| AC 20 | Fort +10, Refl +6, Will +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) |

"Alak, this that all there is here or is there another level?"

Dark Archive

Spending a few more hours you backtrack back and forth to each room, making sure you don't miss anything or even miss another level entirely. There is little more of use within the Fort and even more so, no more levels. Deciding to speak to Voz, Cabaguil mentions heading back to town via the tunnel that the Cinderclaws had dug.

Traveling down this tunnel is fairly uneventful, and after walking for a mile, it ends at a small underground room with a wooden ladder leading up to a trap door in the ceiling.


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Raspar looks up at the ladder, slinging his halberd to his back.

"I'll climb first, I'm good with ladders," Raspar says with a grin. Assuming he can get a light (spell), he takes to the rungs with a laborer's ease, having plucked his share of apples and carried his share of shingles.

He climbs quietly and confidently, a smile on his face. At the top, he will examine the trapdoor, then sling it open when others are ready.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Perception


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

Kelvin treads quietly after the halfling. With a nod he indicates his readiness.


Male Human

Cabaguil is satisfied they have left nothing behind as he trudges down the tunnel, magical light guiding their way (and the ever resourceful Raspar).

When they reach the ladder, he nods quietly as well, ready to ascend behind the leaders.


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

"Let's do this."

Dark Archive

Clambering up the ladder and opening the trap door, you emerge into a basement storeroom full of jars upon jars of pickles. Pickled cucumbers, beets, radishes, onions, cauliflower, chicken’s feet, and pig's ears line shelves along the walls.


Male Human

Cabaguil smiles at the root cellar and whispers, "Do you think they even know there's a trap door down here?"

Just in case, he casts Detect Magic though he's not really expecting to find anything.

When the others are ready, he lines up behind the next door - assuming there is a door or staircase or something leading further out.


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Raspar moves up, careful of the produce and whatnot in the storeroom. As there is no danger, he straightens up the shelves and makes sure the jars labels (if they have them).

When others are up, he will open the door or go up the staircase. He wonders who has a ladder to the fort in their basement. He’s anxious to learn and maybe make a new friend.

Dark Archive

Flinging the door open you come face to face with a scruffy waiter who also opens the door to the storeroom. Surprised to see you there, he gives you a disapproving look. "Hey! This area is for employees only. Go on, now! Back into the common room!" he begins to usher you upstairs.

You emerge into the taproom of the Pickled Ear. It's a rough-and-tumble dive bar and tavern frequented by locals and hardscrabble adventurers alike. It looks like the kind of place where a brawl breaks out nightly.

The propietor, Roxie Denn, stands behind the bar. The tall woman squints at you suspiciously as you step out from the storeroom.


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

"I'm thinking someone has some explaining to do," Kelvin says, sheathing his weapon. "Let's start with the owner of this place, yes?"


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

The tall elf stands behind the squat Kelvin and keeps his eyes peeled. For now his mighty blade is strapped to his back, but he's got one hand in his spell component pouch... just in case.


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Raspar is delighted about this most interesting development. With a smile, he cheerfully addresses the tall woman. "Hi there, ma'am! Blessings of the day to you. My name is Raspar and these are my brave and valiant friends Ðakaþos, Kelvin, Dori, Cuth, and Cabaguil. We're on a special mission of sorts, on business on behalf of the town. May we have a word with you in private?"


Male Human

Status:
AC: 16 HP: 29/29 Hero Points: 3
Weapon Equipped: None
Conditions: None
Spooky: 15/15hp, Fast Movement, Life Link
Spells Spell attack +9 (T), Spell DC’s 19 (T)
Bloodline Focus: Diabolic Edict* (Focus Points: 1)
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Produce Flame*, Read Aura
First Level: (3/4) Charm*, Heal§, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
Second Level: (3/3) Flaming Sphere*§, Faerie Fire, Dispel Magic, Heal§ (2)

Cabaguil moves up from behind the bulk of the party, casting Charm (•>>, Will DC 19) on the woman as he does so.

He nods to Raspar as if to say, I'll take over from here. With more confidence then he feels, he continues, ”My dear woman, do you own this fine establishment? I’m Cabaguil, a functionary in the government and along with these men I’m on a mission, in part, to investigate your root cellar. And what I fine root cellar it is I might add. Very full, and reasonably well organized. You are to be congratulated!”

He reaches out to shake her hand in a friendly way. Shake or not, he continues on.

”Did you know there’s a trap door down there? Could you please tell me, where does it lead?”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

He watches her carefully, trying to determine the truth of what she’s about to say, if anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

(C'mon dicebot, I'm working here!)


Male Human

(Yeah, as per GM suggestion, Cabaguil will use a hero point on his Diplomacy. He wants to make a friend.)

Cabaguil takes a moment to straighten up as his mother told him. He wipes an eyelash out of his eye, and then looks deeply in the woman's eyes. "Please?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Radiant Oath

HP 62/62| AC 20 | Fort +10, Refl +6, Will +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) |

Dori crosses his arms over his chest. He waits to see what this person has too say. He rolls his eyes at the flowery language and wishes Cabaguil would just get to the point.

He studies the woman and tries to gauge her reactions:
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Dark Archive

GM Roll:
GM Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Roxie is bit put off as the entire party piles in towards the bar. She looks curiously back and forth between Raspar and Cabaguil as they begin talking over each other. She reaches out a hand to Cabaguil and gives it a shake. "No need to speak in private. We are all friends here." She looks up to the grizzled patrons. "Right?" most of the regulars sneer as a group in the corner begins to get rowdy.

She smiles "Yeah, I know about the tunnel, but I only found out about it a little while ago. Voz Lirayne told me about it. You know Voz? The half-elf that runs the Reliant Book Company? Anyway, she paid me handsomely to keep quiet about the tunnel's existence, as well as her comings and goings. She's a little strange, that one. She dabbles in weird magic, like with skulls and bones and stuff. I dunno what she's been doing, but I'm not surprised to hear that she's been up to no good. Her house is inside the shop, too. It's southwest of here, near Vusker's Carts & Wheels."


Male Human

"Ahhh, my dear lady, you are most helpful, and the proper authorities will be pleased if you should continue your silence on the matter of the trap door until it can be properly dealt with." He glances at the crowd, but suspects they have nothing to gain by telling tales about their local watering hole. And judging by the look of some of them, who would listen?

He flips a silver coin into her palm to seal the deal, "There. That is for the drink I surely would have had, if I but had the time to spend in your, ah, fine establishment. She is a little strange isn't she?" he adds referring to Voz Lirayne.

He nods to the others, as if asking if there are any other questions. If not, he thanks the bar owner and motions for the door, so they can head into the street, and relative privacy to discuss matters further.

Once in private he adds, "Seems like lady Lirayne wasn't being completely honest! Perhaps her assistant really wasn't acting alone!" he swears.

"Let us investigate her shop with haste. It was closed earlier, so I suspect she is not there, but if we can gain entrance, without trashing the door mind you," he glances at the dwarves and their ready picks, "We should search the place for further clues."

Radiant Oath

HP 62/62| AC 20 | Fort +10, Refl +6, Will +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) |

Dori raises an eye at Kelvin as the turn to leave. "Aye, I think we can get in the without wreaking the door."


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

Kelvin nods. "I've been having a bad feeling about Voz. It struck me as odd that her shop was closed, so I agree that we should have a look-see. And Dori is right," he says, patting his belt of eclectic tools. "I can sort out the door. It won't be trashed."


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Raspar smiles at Roxie and seems content to trust Mr. Cabaguil with the discussion. However, his smile fails as Cabaguil seems to suggest Lirayne might be a source of trouble.

He pads to her location with a serious look on his face. Usually, he might be happy to stroll through town, from one task to another, but not today.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Great use of charm spell there.

As you exit the Pickled Ear, Alak thumps his fist against his breastplate. "Here is where we part ways, my friends. Thank you again for everything you have done for me. I will remain here in Breachill for some time yet. Please, do not hesitate to call on me whenever you would like."

The Hellknight armiger bows, bidding each of you farwell and takes his leave.

The Reliant Book Company is a small bookshop that buys and sells rare tomes, and therefore is of specific interest to only a few individuals. The bookshop is small, obscure, and tucked into an out-of-the-way corner of Breachill, so by design it receives little foot traffic.

You find the shop locked up tight and abandoned, the front door quite secured.


HP 50/50| AC 21 | Fort +8, Refl +9, Will +9 | Perc +9 (+10 vs traps) (darkvision) | Stealth +9 | Speed 25 | Hero Points 2/3 | Active conditions —

"Someone keep a look out and let me know if anyone is coming. Just whistle if you do, and I'll go discreet. No reason to have too many questions yet."

He then heads to the door and examines the lock,attempting to gauge the quality of it before setting to work.

Picking the Lock:
The quality of the lock will dictate how much work is involved. Poor is DC 15 (needing 2 successes), Simple is DC 20 (needing 3 successes), Average is DC 25 (needing 4 successes), Good is 30, and Superior is 40. If it looks like it's good or better, Kelvin won't even bother.
Thievery (Pick a Lock): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Ugh. That's a crit fail on a Average lock, which breaks his tools. He'd have to stop to repair them (a Craft check)
Thievery (Pick a Lock): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Uggghhhh. That's a crit fail on a Simple lock, which breaks his tools. On the off chance that it's simple, I'll keep rolling.
Thievery (Pick a Lock): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Thievery (Pick a Lock): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Thievery (Pick a Lock): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Thievery (Pick a Lock): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
So... If it's somehow DC 15 then that should do it. Otherwise, Kelvin is going to suggest that the group look around the building for another entry while he moves away to repair his tools

For the GM:
Reminder that Kelvin has Trap Finder


Male Gnome HP 48/48| AC 19 | Fort +8, Refl +10, Will +9 | Perc +9 (darkvision) | Speed 25 | Active conditions
GM Tyranius wrote:

Great use of charm spell there.

As you exit the Pickled Ear, Alak thumps his fist against his breastplate. "Here is where we part ways, my friends. Thank you again for everything you have done for me. I will remain here in Breachill for some time yet. Please, do not hesitate to call on me whenever you would like."

The Hellknight armiger bows, bidding each of you farwell and takes his leave.

Cuthberwyn nods at the Hellknight's departure. Fare well, Sir Alak, he says, shaking hands. Good fortune to you and yours. I hope your birthright serves you well.

At the door of the Reliant Book Company, Cuth ponders the revelations they've uncovered. I admit I feel foolish for not connecting the dots of Calmont's treachery and the shop being closed after he was found out, he laments with some consternation. I am only now beginning to think on what Lirayne might have used Calmont's ruse to cover up. I suspect we have found a thread to a much larger mystery.

He keeps careful watch as Kelvin works his own sort of magic.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Male, Elf (Seer) | HP 54/54 AC: 23 | F: +9 R: +10, W: +8 (Bravery) | Perception: +8 (E, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Scout

While the dwarf works, Dak will circle the building, keeping his eyes peeled too. If the lock is finally opened. He'll rejoin the party.

So I am scouting, but I don't know if I should also roll a Perception check.


M Halfling
Stats:
Perception +7; F9/R9/W9; Acro 9;Athl 9;Dip 7;Labor 6;Rel 7;Stealth 11;Thiev 4

Although Raspar really didnt trust Alak at first (a rarity for him), the man had certainly pulled his weight. As such, Raspar owns up to it, and offers his hand to Alak as he leaves.

”Thank you, Alak. It was good to meet you. You are and will be a shining examples of the Hellknight Order,” Raspar offers with a smile.

While others deal with the front door, Raspar will circle the building, looking for another entrance, or even an open window he might climb into.


Male Human

”Sir Alak, extremely honored.” Cabaguil shakes the mans hand, thanking him for his assistance, ”We appreciate your help over the last few days and I’m glad we found your ring.”

Cabaguil will hover over Kelvin, in case he needs some assistance or explaining to the wary eye of the watch. He too keeps his own eyes wary for visitors.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Radiant Oath

HP 62/62| AC 20 | Fort +10, Refl +6, Will +11 | Perc +9 (darkvision) |

Dori raises his hand in farewell as Alek leaves. "He's not what I expected from a Hellknight." He says to himself.

801 to 850 of 979 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Age of Ashes (PF2E) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.