GM Zephyre's PFS 9-15 The Bloodcove Blockade 3-7 (Inactive)

Game Master Zephyre14

Help disrupt Aspis operations in the Bloodcove.


1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

Sputtering lanterns light the grimy common room of the Poppy’s
Bloom, a tobacconist-turned-boardinghouse on the outskirts of
Bloodcove’s harbor. Two figures emerge from the room’s darkest
corner—the tattooed half-elf Fola Barun and Guaril Karela of the
Exchange faction. Fola shrinks into her cloak to avoid being seen,
whereas Guaril looks around with a nostalgic glint in his eye.

Partial intro, will wait for players to post the rest

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"Well!?" barks Agirran breaking the previous quiet the way an axe can fine porcelain. At well over six-foot he doesn't walk--he strides in wearing nothing, but his breaches, boots and fur-lined vest.

"What in the names of all Nine Hells is this about?" The big bare-chested Ulfen holds up a piece of parchment. The skin along his arms and chest seem a solid mass of cramped and unreadable tattooed text that covers up a lot of hard muscle beneath. The only legible bit being some large blocky Taldane text positioned amid the rest, just above his heart, that reads This Ink Don't Run. A curious amulet, or fetish hangs from his neck just above.

So basically he's a Viking biker.


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

“You can take the Sczarni out of the city, but you can’t take the city out of the Sczarni,” Guaril sighs wistfully. “Not to say Bloodcove and Riddleport are the same, but with a little work we could make it more like home… if you’re willing to lend a hand.”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” whispers Fola tensely, glancing about for eavesdroppers. “The matter at hand is greater than a single port. I’ve met with the grippli tribes in the Kaava Lands and they’ve confirmed some troubling reports. A ruined temple that the Society recently surveyed in Kaddodi has a powerful asura sealed within its walls. The gripplis have maintained the fiend’s prison for generations, but the Aspis Consortium recently began mining the temple grounds for minerals. Their operation appears to be threatening the temple’s wards, and should the mining continue, the asura could be released. If we are to prevent an ancient evil from devastating the Kaava Lands, we must halt the Aspis operations around that temple.”

“That’s where we come in,” Guaril says with a smirk. “The Exchange faction has been exerting pressure on the mine’s business partners, but to shut it down for good, we need to hit its foundations in Bloodcove. Aspis agents rarely honor legal obstacles, so we’ll be returning to my ‘family values.’ A company called the Vanji Prospectors’ Guild runs the logistics for the Aspis mining outfit. Your job is to get in and grab anything that makes the Consortium’s business practices unpalatable. From there we approach some of Bloodcove’s movers and shakers, expose the Consortium’s misdeeds, and convince them to strangle the mining outfit’s supply lines. With a little luck, we may free this city from Aspis coils and earn some new business partners in one fell swoop.”

Fola adds, “We’ve already identified two community leaders who may be sympathetic to our cause: Erwyn Harvacus of the Saltroot druid circle, and Ungala, a guerilla warrior the Society has met before. Ultimately we need to shut down the Consortium’s supply lines, by land and by sea. Furthermore, we need to orchestrate the whole thing while deep in Aspis-controlled territory. We’ll cover your tracks as best we can, but I suggest you move quickly to minimize any attempts to retaliate.”

Go ahead and introduce yourselves while you deal with the situation at hand.

Also have any of these characters done 6-09 By Way of Bloodcove, 6-16 Scions of the Sky Key, Part 3: The Golden Guardian, 7-10: The Consortium Compact, or 9-10 Signs in Senghor?

Sovereign Court

Human Mesmerist 6 HP 15/51| AC 20, T 15, FF 15, CMD 20 | F+6, R+12, W+8 | Init +6 | Perception +8

A well kempt Taldan man with a jaunty hat and an overly broad smile saunters in.

"Flavias is happy to be of help, the people of Bloodcove have suffered too long under the auspices of the Aspis Consortium."

Flavias has played 9-10 Signs in Senghor

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

Agirran rolls his eyes.

Sovereign Court

Human Mesmerist 6 HP 15/51| AC 20, T 15, FF 15, CMD 20 | F+6, R+12, W+8 | Init +6 | Perception +8

Flavias does his best to raise his nose just a little bit higher so that he can look down it at Agirran.

Grand Lodge

Neutral Good Oread Warpriest 3 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 (14 T, 19 F) | CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: 4, W: 6 | Init: 2 | Perc: 2 | Speed 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Blessings 2/4 | Magic Stone 1/1 | Fervor 1/3 | Reroll 0/1
| Lucky Number: 2 9

"Sorry for the delay, I was getting myself properly equipped," states a tall oread carefully maneuvering his way through what is likely a cramped doorway. He has a light shield gripped in one hand and a pick at his side. A handful of wands and scrolls are tucked into one bandolier and a half-dozen barbed spears (sibat) are placed into the other one. Two spring loaded wrist sheathes cover his forearms. One has a wand cure moderate wounds and the other a scroll remove fear

"I am Quarrion d'Schist. It has been a while since I've been called to a mission away from the Grand Lodge. I take it I'm not here to fix something am I?"

"If we are a hurry, let me give you something now that might just bring you a bit of luck."

Offering each PC a charge of my wand of lucky number. If you accept it, roll the d20 yourself and I will take off the charge.

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 2

Quarrion has played The Consortium Compact.

Spending 1 prestige for a traveler's any-tool. (I have a boon that allows such a purchase even though normally the limit for 1 prestige is 150 gp.)

Dark Archive

Arcanist 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+5 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 5/7 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Molos hasn’t played any of those scenarios.

The tiefling strolled into the room without any worry at being late. The group probably supposed he was some sort of Mage as he had a spellbook and no visible armor with him. He casually ordered a frosty beverage as he thought over the mission details.

”Zarta has discussed those Apsis before. Sorry lot, sounds like. What else do we know about Bloodcove and the Prospector’s Guild?”

Lucky number 1d20 ⇒ 11

Sovereign Court

Human Mesmerist 6 HP 15/51| AC 20, T 15, FF 15, CMD 20 | F+6, R+12, W+8 | Init +6 | Perception +8

lucky number: 1d20 ⇒ 18

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
GM Zephyre wrote:

“You can take the Sczarni out of the city, but you can’t take the city out of the Sczarni,” Guaril sighs wistfully. “Not to say Bloodcove and Riddleport are the same, but with a little work we could make it more like home… if you’re willing to lend a hand.”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” whispers Fola tensely, glancing about for eavesdroppers. “The matter at hand is greater than a single port. I’ve met with the grippli tribes in the Kaava Lands and they’ve confirmed some troubling reports. A ruined temple that the Society recently surveyed in Kaddodi has a powerful asura sealed within its walls. The gripplis have maintained the fiend’s prison for generations, but the Aspis Consortium recently began mining the temple grounds for minerals. Their operation appears to be threatening the temple’s wards, and should the mining continue, the asura could be released. If we are to prevent an ancient evil from devastating the Kaava Lands, we must halt the Aspis operations around that temple.”

“That’s where we come in,” Guaril says with a smirk. “The Exchange faction has been exerting pressure on the mine’s business partners, but to shut it down for good, we need to hit its foundations in Bloodcove. Aspis agents rarely honor legal obstacles, so we’ll be returning to my ‘family values.’ A company called the Vanji Prospectors’ Guild runs the logistics for the Aspis mining outfit. Your job is to get in and grab anything that makes the Consortium’s business practices unpalatable. From there--"[b]

[b]"Or we could just tell them they are gonna unleash a bit of Hell on earth." interrupts Agirran.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"They're not stupid. They would realize it would be bad for business if they let some wannabe Asmodeus out of his hole. I'm sure that's what one of those altruistic, gung-ho hero-types would do, right?" Agirran finishes throwing shade Flavias's way. "Anyhow it seems like a lot of skulduggery for nothin'. If you want the snakes out of town just go in and do it like man. All this sneakin' around and gossipin' is for toothless harpies and weasels."

Quarrion d'Schist wrote:
"If we are a hurry, let me give you something now that might just bring you a bit of luck."

"Sure thing! The gaming tables have been havin' their way with me this visit to port."

Lucky Number: 1d20 ⇒ 12

"Say, Schist, was I supposed to feel something?"

knowledge (geography or local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 What does Agirran know about Bloodcove?


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

When Molos asks about the Prospector's Guild he is greeted with a flood of information from the groups hosts.

Guaril shrugs and reports, “It once was a minor contractor for the Consortium, used to support mining operations without drawing unwanted attention. The Guild handles everything— personnel, revenue, supplies, even prisoners moving to and from the mine—so the guild house should be rich with secrets about the outfit’s inner workings. The building is guarded, certainly, but you are strong, savvy, and more than capable of getting in and out without too much trouble. Just remember that nobody likes being attacked, and the longer you can avoid drawing blades, the longer you’ll be able to search. If you have to punch someone, just remember to grab what you can and then get out. We’ll run interference while you infiltrate the guild house, but afterward you need to finish the mission before they can mobilize an effective counterattack.”

Fola follows up Guaril's information with some of her own. "We also suspect that one of our agents who had been working in Bloodcove may be kept there. This is uncertain right now, but Malika Fenn has been missing for a time now and we know no better place the Aspis could be keeping her. Fola then shuffles through a bag and pulls out two items, a letter labeled to Quarrion and a journal that Flavias recognizes from his time in Senghor. "These may be of use."

Upon opening the letter Quarrion recognizes the signature as that of Magali the former Aspis agent who helped him uproot an Aspis drug operation. "It is good to have a chance to help an old contact. I hear that you may be infiltrating another Aspis storage warehouse. I wanted to warn you there is likely to be a secret loading bay and a trap within the warehouse that you should keep an eye out for. Good luck out there, Magali Delroya" This will provide your team a bonus on finding and dealing with traps and secrets in the Vanji Prospector's Guild

When Flavias takes the journal from Fola and skims through, he realizes that it is that of Shinri Dell's and the information within may provide enough details to pass as her representatives to those at the Vanji Prospector's Guild, gaining some amount of favor with those inside. Also he notices that there is a reasonable amount of importance to one of her contacts, Lutebu Alrati, and his name may gain the group a moment to re-speak some words that might have come out more unfortunately than originally intended. This gives you a possible way into the Vanji Prospector's Guild, and a minor bonus while in there that without giving the actual game mechanic I think I described in a pretty good way for you to figure out when it might be important to try it.

While all of this is going on, Agirran racks his brain for whatever information he knows about the area, and while not coming up empty handed, he realizes he only knows the basics.
[Local] Bloodcove was built atop a forest of giant mangroves at the Vanji River delta. The mangroves’ root systems still support much of the city’s foundation, and regular maintenance is necessary to keep growing roots from tearing buildings apart. The Saltroot druid circle plays a key role in tending the mangroves, giving the Saltroots leverage in a city otherwise run by mercantile interests.
[Geography] Bloodcove serves as a bastion of urbanization in a region that largely remains the domain of wilderness and tribes of Mwangi natives, ranging from humans along the coast to gripplis, lizardfolk, and other races further inland. Each tribe boasts its own unique cultural heritage, though many formed among the ruins of much older civilizations deeper in the jungle.

After giving the group some time to look over their information, Guaril pipes up. Any other questions or concerns before we head out?

Anyone else want to try Diplomacy/Knowledge[Local] or Knowledge[Geography]/[History]?

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"The Consortium goes too far!" A white haired half-elf exclaimed as she joined the assembly. "Not only do they desecrate a temple they also endanger innocents! As a servant of the Dawnflower I shall deliver the her wrath upon them." she says with a growl.

Turning to the assembled, the woman secures her naginata on her back and greets the others. "Greetings! I am Catushlara Richielieu, cleric of Sarenrae. I would like to join you on this quest if I may." Catushlara says with a nod.

"You mention that one of our contacts is a guerrilla fighter. What are they fighting against exactly?" she asks of Fola.

I have played the Consortium Compact

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Catushlara frowns as she tries to remember anything about Bloodcove from her studies.


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

As Catushlara enters she notices her own name also on the letter that Quarrion read.

To Catushlara's question, Fola reports, “Ungala is an enemy of any foreigner trying to get rich by pilfering cultural relics from the Mwangi Expanse. She leads a band of guerrilla raiders on missions to capture smugglers and return artifacts to their rightful owners, for a nominal fee, of course. We suspect the Aspis mining operation is supplementing their income with stolen relics, so it shouldn’t be too hard to win Ungala’s support if you can find proof."

On top of the information that Agirran was able to recall, Catushlara also recalls that The Saltroot’s leader, Erwyn Harvacus, uses the circle’s influence to extort money from merchants who use the docks his druids maintain. He launders this money by investing in local plantations, protecting the Saltroot’s finances as long as the crops prosper (which he ensures with regular castings of plant growth).

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
GM Zephyre wrote:

When Molos asks about the Prospector's Guild he is greeted with a flood of information from the groups hosts.

Guaril shrugs and reports, “It once was a minor contractor for the Consortium, used to support mining operations without drawing unwanted attention. The Guild handles everything— personnel, revenue, supplies, even prisoners moving to and from the mine—so the guild house should be rich with secrets about the outfit’s inner workings. The building is guarded, certainly, but you are strong, savvy, and more than capable of getting in and out without too much trouble.”

Has Greasy here even seen us?

Agirran comes to stand before the two Harpers Pathfinders. "So either of you gonna answer the question? Or do I have to ask again? Ya see, sneakin' around like weasel into a hen house ain't really my thing."

EDIT Agirran thinks he knows what the answer is, but wants to put to rest any doubts for folks in the party as to the real focus of this mission. In his mind the threat of releasing a foreign-sounding demon is just there to get the paladin-types to play along. To him, this is all about who controls Bloodcove. After all this is the same Society that thought it would be cool to turn some landscaping into a time machine, and then go back in time to step on a bunch of butterflies and serpentfolk. Agirran is not adverse to sacking the town, he just hates all the pretense.

Since Agirran only took one roll to see what he knew about Bloodcove above, He'll take the other now.
Knowledge (Take 10; we'll call the first roll geography and this one local): 10 + 9 = 19

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"What aid can the two of them provide us? I suppose Ungula and her raiders can be our backup should we need it if we can get the evidence." Catushlara says while reading the note.

"What part do the druids have in this? Are they one of the groups supplying the Consortium?" directing the question at Guaril.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"We could always just walk in through the front." Catushlara says to the Ulfen. "I do not believe the Consortium to be reasonable people who would stop just because they could end the world." she says in answer to his question.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"Well, that's faith for you." Agirran says to the clergywoman. "At least then they'll be right there to hit, M'Lady."


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1
Agirran The Fury wrote:
...previous question...

Apologies, I took that as more of an in character rhetoric than an actual question. Also the new knowledge roll does not give you any more information than I already gave using the one roll for both knowledge.

Guaril realizes the seriousness of the gruff man and speaks up, We believe this "skullduggery" is the best option for a few different reasons, one being a raid on the mining site not only may cause the asura to be released in the collateral damage of the inevitable fighting, but also that the Aspis have too many resources in this region to not just take the site back with even more force making things worse than before, secondly, if we were to just try to forcefully remove the Aspis from Bloodcove we would likely be fighting the entire town not just a few agents. Though this is not the direct way some prefer it is the best way for minimal collateral, maximum local appreciation, and optimal long-term implications.

Fola steps up to answer Catushlara's questions next, despite them being directed at Guaril, Ungala and her raiders will be our land component of cutting of the supply lines for the Aspis, her operations are local and can be a permanent pinch point for the Aspis that we can not.

As far as Erwyn, Fola continues. "he leads the Saltroots, a druid circle heavily involved in maintaining Bloodcove’s dockyards. The entire city is built atop a giant mangrove copse, so druids capable of reshaping the root network wield considerable influence. Those in Harvacus’ good graces have ready access to usable landings, but those who anger him often find their moorings overgrown or their docks literally wandering off. The Consortium pays Erwyn a small fortune to keep things running smoothly, so you will have to convince him that ending that arrangement is worth the cost.”

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
GM Zephyre wrote:
...the new knowledge roll does not give you any more information than I already gave using the one roll for both knowledge.

Yeah, that's why I took 10. Minimally he would get the same result.

GM Zephyre wrote:
Guaril realizes the seriousness of the gruff man and speaks up, We believe this "skullduggery" is the best option for a few different reasons, one being a raid on the mining site not only may cause the asura to be released in the collateral damage of the inevitable fighting....”

Agirran doesn't hear the rest of Greasy's words. He sees the little weasel's lips move but his mind is elsewhere. A weird smile slowly broadens on Agirran's face. His eyes on spot beyond his immediate surroundings, imagining the Apocalyptic battle to (most probably) come.

He snaps out of it a moment later. "Well, I'm good. We ready?"

"Sorry, I was back in Da Nang there for a minute." ;)

Grand Lodge

Neutral Good Oread Warpriest 3 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 (14 T, 19 F) | CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: 4, W: 6 | Init: 2 | Perc: 2 | Speed 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Blessings 2/4 | Magic Stone 1/1 | Fervor 1/3 | Reroll 0/1
| Lucky Number: 2 9
Agirran the Fury wrote:
"Say, Schist, was I supposed to feel something?"

"You'll feel something when your luck is ready for a turn. Right now the magic lies dormant for up to a day."

Quarrion had been listening intently rather than speaking up at first.

"I'm mostly a man of action, myself. Sneaking and speaking aren't really my strong suits. But perhaps there is something I can do to help patch up the wards. As a priest of the god of monuments. I've studied both structure and spellcraft."

"Now, as for the business at hand, it seems like winning the cooperation of the community leaders would be wise, but it can certainly work against us if we fail. I say let's pick one and start there, but if we think we've failed we might have to jump into action before the Aspis are warned."

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"So we need to retrieve evidence that the Consortium is looting the relics for Ungala and the druids I suppose evidence that the Guild's continued operations will be detrimental to Bloodcove." Catushlara states to herself while checking her gear one last time.

"I think I am ready. One last thing though, what sort of security does the Guild have?"


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

Quarrion I will keep your expertise in mind if the Grippli need help maintaining the seals once the Aspis have been cut off. And yes you will need to be weary of the Aspis throughout our mission, they have tight enough grips on this city it is likely our presence will not remain unknown and is more how much time we give them to respond to us than anything. Fola explains.

Guaril replies to Catushlara, You have the right idea for the plan. We know the Guild has some security guards, but the information from your former Aspis friend is more than we were aware of. With some luck though you may be able to scout out the place, once we get there, before trying to enter.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
Quarrion d'Schist wrote:
"I'm mostly a man of action, myself."

Agirran nods at the man he will hence forth call "Rocky" in approval.

Dark Archive

Arcanist 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+5 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 5/7 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Molos was ready for action. This mission sounded like it was more fit for a diplomat, but he’d do his best.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

With a quick prayer to Sarenrae Catushlara feels she is as prepared as she can be for now. She will make these heathens hear the words of the Dawnflower even if she has to beat them into their heads!


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

It would seem we have answered for you what we can.Fola says deciding this meeting has come to it's natural conclusion. Let us be off.

If there are any purchases you want to make, you can do that now as Fola and Guaril will help you acquire what you need on your way to the Guild house.

After a short trip into the Mangroves of Bloodcove Guaril explains, Alright, we shouldn't delay long, but if there is any preparations you want to make, or scouting you want to do, before going in now is the time. Don't take too long though, we are in the midst of the Aspis already.

There are multiple things you can do here. Getting your story or cover straight to pretend to be representatives of Shinri Dell; or one of several different checks pertinent to the watery mangrove covered city of the Bloodcove in an attempt to scout the Guild. Just describe what you want to do and give me a check you think is appropriate and if it sounds good I will roll with it.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

Agirran dons his gleaming hauberk and hefts his tremendous axe (as wizards do) and says "Alright! The mine's that way, right?"

knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Catushlara pulls her cloak tight as she presents her idea to the group:
"Let us first see the guild for ourselves, get the lay of the land as it were, before deciding our approach. Though I do believe gathering some more information before presenting ourselves as representatives of Shinri Dell would be the easiest route to take.

Turning to Guaril she asks: "You said the Guild was once a minor contractor. How big is it now? If the Consortium controls the area the Guild has to be pretty big by now. Are they big enough and favored enough to have jealous rivals willing to help us bring them down?"
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 To know if there are any rivals

Sovereign Court

Human Mesmerist 6 HP 15/51| AC 20, T 15, FF 15, CMD 20 | F+6, R+12, W+8 | Init +6 | Perception +8

Flavias will seal his wayfinder away in his Pathfinder Pouch.

Flavias smiles at his companions "Yes, I believe the Shinri Dell cover story will do us best. Agirran already fits the Ulfen mercenary stereotype. What of the rest of you?"


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

EDIT I GOT DOUBLE NINJA'D Give me a second and I will re-edit based on the ninjas.

Double Edit, okay I think Catushlara and Flavias have the right idea.

It would appear I should have set the scene a touch more, apologies, this is a weird transition. Check the map in my header, if it isn't working let me know, but I think I have it shared properly. You are approximately where I have placed you at the moment and are going to the building on the map (the Vanji Prospector's Guild warehouse) to find the evidence you are looking for. You are not actually going anywhere near the mining site right now.

We will stay here and run interference on anyone who may be trying to go to the guild while you are in there to try to give you the least amount to worry about. Before you go in though it is possibly someone may be able to climb the mangroves, swim underneath, talk to some locals, individually disguise or hide themselves to get a look inside, or any number of other scouting options. Time is of the essence though you will each only get one chance and if you are noticed, it may make things more difficult, so play to your strengths or maybe just allow your teammates to try while you wait.

These are not attempts to actually get inside, just to canvass the area to get intelligence is all. Though if you all want to skip this and make a plan or just charge on in you are welcome to.

Guaril responds to Catushlara (and answers her knowledge local check), The guild has grown some with the Aspis's influence, but others in the area know the Aspis is their main partner and have no interest in getting on the bad side of the Consortium. Turning to Flavias, he addsYes, our gruff friend here does give off that demeanor and might just help sell the Shinri connection.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

"I would like to talk to some the locals." Catushlara says in reply to Flavius. "I will try to find the tavern closest to the guild as it will probably the one that gets the most customers from them.

She expands on her plan to the others: "First try to listen to the general conversation for anyone talking about the guild. Once I find someone who knows about or is from the guild and is drunk enough I will try to startup a conversation to get some information.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 To listen to conversations in the tavern and look for Guild employees.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Try to get information from them if I find any.

Sovereign Court

Human Mesmerist 6 HP 15/51| AC 20, T 15, FF 15, CMD 20 | F+6, R+12, W+8 | Init +6 | Perception +8

Flavias puts on a less jaunty hat to go incognito while he spends time chatting up the locals, pretending to be a new worker looking for all the details like where's the best place to sneak a smoke break etc.

bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"Fer the love of Besmara." mutters Agirran he stomps into the bar, guessing how this little 'espionage exercise' is going to go. The only bright-spot being the explosions, and fist-fight at the end.

I don't think you can 'stealth talk to people/ask them questions'. ;)

"Publican, what have you got that'll lay me out on the counter in five minutes? I'll take two to start. Just keep 'em coming until I can't say 'no' anymore." Agirran says settling in at the bar for show.

He leans over to whoever is sitting next to him and says in a low voice "Hey, get a load of those guys will ya?" indicating some of his more out of place companions with a nod.

Sovereign Court

Human Mesmerist 6 HP 15/51| AC 20, T 15, FF 15, CMD 20 | F+6, R+12, W+8 | Init +6 | Perception +8

supposed to be bluff, just updated my post at 54 minutes

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Hmm, maybe I can bum a light off of him later. Thinks Agirran really believing that Flavius smokes.

Dark Archive

Arcanist 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+5 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 5/7 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Molos felt terribly out of place at the bar. He wasn’t particularly good at talking with people. He was all in on the plan to pass the group as representatives of Shinri Dell.


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

Catushlara leads the team to a nearby tavern, the while a seedy place, it is obvious they are trying to impress the more wealthy customers that might be coming around with the recent increase in business caused by the Aspis and Vanji Prospectors Guild working together.

Catushlara listens in to several patrons around the bar trying to spot ones worth talking to. She actually notices a rather inebriated group talking about working at the warehouse getting of their shift not to long ago. As she approaches they talk about the three rooms within the building and how there is an entryway, a business room, and storage room. You have revealed the map. As she starts to get there attention and ask more about the building, she gets stone-walled as the gentlemen are too drunk and only want her to leave them alone to their booze.

As Flavias approaches a separate group of locals, he is not even able to fool the locals into believing that he works for the Guild let alone get them to divulge any information to him.

Agirran downs his beverages rather quickly to the amusement of the bartender, and along with his commentary manages to garner a bit more attention to him and his friends than they probably would have liked.
You can't stealth to talk to people, but if you wanted to use stealth to try and get a look in the windows of the building or something of that sort, it may be possible.

Molos reluctantly follows the others into the bar and tries to hide himself within a corner of the bar to not attract attention, but with Agirran's boisterousness, is not very successful.

Agirran, Molos, and Quarrion can still make an attempt to canvas the area.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
GM Zephyre wrote:
Agirran downs his beverages rather quickly to the amusement of the bartender, and along with his commentary manages to garner a bit more attention to him and his friends than they probably would have liked.

So who are these people who take note of the others? Agirran knows that rarely do people notice the pointing finger during a stage show. They are all concentrating on thing it is pointing at. And remember, he is pointing out the people who are standing out anyway.

"Whoah, check that out horn-head over there. Is that a neck ruffle?"

GM Zephyre wrote:
Agirran, Molos, and Quarrion can still make an attempt to canvas the area.

Ooookaaaay. If you say so.

diplomacy (gather info): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2 hours of time: 1d4 ⇒ 1

"Man, you're ugly."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"I mean really, deeply, truly ugly."

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12

"But at least you don't stink like the guy behind me."


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

It is just the staff and general onlookers who look up as you enter, that are then interested again as you get loud.

Emphasis on the "CAN" there. You don't have to.

As Agirran tries to get someones attention and garner some more information, all he manages to do is insult them and drive them deeper into their booze, much to the bartender's enjoyment, as he can't lower his gruff exterior enough to get anyone to consider his words.

Dark Archive

Arcanist 4 | HP 30/30 | AC 13/13/10 | F+4, R+5, W+5 | Cold, Electricity & Fire Resistance 5 | Arcane Reservoir 5/7 | Init.+9 | Perc+0 | SM+0 | Darkvision 60'

Molos listens for other people who work at the facility and tries to engage them. ”Yeah, I’m thinking about getting an interview at the warehouse. How are th8ngs going over there?”

Diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

Neutral Good Oread Warpriest 3 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 (14 T, 19 F) | CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: 4, W: 6 | Init: 2 | Perc: 2 | Speed 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Blessings 2/4 | Magic Stone 1/1 | Fervor 1/3 | Reroll 0/1
| Lucky Number: 2 9

Quarrion sits down at the bar but not too close to the other Pathfinders. His pick was more a weapon of war than a mining tool, but perhaps it would be something familiar and put the others at ease.

"I'll have what they're having," the oread says, motioning to a group of workers. "In fact, why don't you give them each another one on me."

Quarrion waits to see how they respond before deciding whether or not to approach them.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Seeing she was no longer going to get anywhere with the group Catushlara backs off and goes to the bar and watches the others' effort. See if any of them do any better though she has some doubts about the viking.

On second thought, most humans think getting into a fight is a good way to bond. Maybe Agirran will start a bar fight?she thinks to herself as she receives her drink.

The Exchange

Male Human (Ulfen) Fighter (viking) 2/Water Wizard 2 | hp 38 | AC 16, T 11, FF 14 | CMD 17 | F +6, R +2, W +4 | Spd 30' | Init +2 | Kn(Arc, Geo, Loc, Nat) +9, KnDun +8, KnEng +8, Perc +0, SensM +0, Scrft +9 | arcane bond 0/1 | ♬ Theme Song (crank up to 11!) ♬ | Lucky 12
Catushlara Richielieu wrote:
On second thought, most humans think getting into a fight is a good way to bond. Maybe Agirran will start a bar fight?she thinks to herself as she receives her drink.

Well the bar in their neighborhood where to suddenly burn to the ground that would certainly effect the morale of the miners. ;)


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

Molos tries to approach some locals about the warehouse, but the strange demonic look of the tiefling gives them fright that the horrors they had heard about coming from the mines had finally come after them and with nothing more than a scream they go running out of the establishment.

As Quarrion orders a drink for himself and a table of gentlemen they raise their mugs to him in appreciation and as most of them go back to talking among themselves, one takes it upon himself to come over and thank the Oread. That was out of no where, but much appreciated, that is a nice looking pick you have there, you a miner too?

As Catushlara resigns herself the men at the table go back to conversing among themselves, but off the topic of the warehouse.

Silver Crusade

Female NG Half-elf Cleric 4 | HP 36 | AC 15(T 11 FT 15 ) |CMB:+5, CMD:16 | F:+9 R:+3 W:+8(+2 vs Enchantment(Compulsion) | Init:+5|Perc:+9,SM:+9 | Speed: 30ft | Touch of Good 6/6 | Channel Positive Energy 3/3 | Active conditions: None

Feeling a bit disappointed in herself for not being able to do more Catushlara orders a drink.

The half-elf can only shake her head as she receives her drink at the sight of the miners running away from Molos screaming their head off.

Groaning as she witnesses Agirran's attempt to be friendly, Catushlara takes a long drink from her mug. By Sarenrae! I was only joking about starting a brawl. If the patrons were not so depressed they'd rather drown themselves in their drink than bother standing up and fighting there would probably be a brawl right now.

The cleric perks up as she sees one of the miners approach Quarrion.

Grand Lodge

Neutral Good Oread Warpriest 3 (Sheet) (Equipment) | HP: 24/24 | AC: 21 (14 T, 19 F) | CMD: 20 | F: 6, R: 4, W: 6 | Init: 2 | Perc: 2 | Speed 20 |
Tracked Resources:
Blessings 2/4 | Magic Stone 1/1 | Fervor 1/3 | Reroll 0/1
| Lucky Number: 2 9

"More of an engineer really. I preserve old monuments. I havve seen the inside of a few caves in my time and I'm definitely interested in learning more about what you folks do. Anything interesting going on?

I guess I'm trying to be nice, not that I expect this skill to get me anywhere.
Diplomacy: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (16) - 3 = 13


Bloodcove Compass Truthseeker 1

Ouch! the one with the worst diplomacy had to get the actual good roll.

I can't tell you much more than what everyone already knows, we are mining valuable minerals out there and come across some relics every so often that get brought to the Vanji Prospector's Guild. A few people hear rumors of demons or something, but I don't believe them, it is just another dig site. It doesn't take much for Quarrion to realize this gentleman either doesn't have more useful information or isn't going to share it with him, though he is happy to make menial small talk with the man who just bought him a round.

Alright, everyone has had a chance to try to get some information for the approach what is your plan and how do you enter the building?

1 to 50 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Zephyre's PFS 9-15 The Bloodcove Blockade 3-7 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.