DM Brainiac's Age of Ashes

Game Master Brainiac

Current Date: 15 Rova, 4719 AR
NPC Attitudes: Akosa-Friendly; Jahsi-Helpful; Nketiah-Helpful

Map of Breachill
Battle Maps on Google Slides


951 to 1,000 of 1,087 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír looks grimly satisfied. "It's NEVER 'just' a scouting mission." he mutters to nobody in particular.

He quickens his pace, in case Pril is wrong and the thing does come back. This enables him to catch up with the dejected gnome. "For what it's, ah, worth, I think the only question you would have gotten answered is 'crispy, or medium rare?' It didn't strike me as especially, ah, talkative."


"That wasn't there the last time I passed through here," Renali says shakily. "Let's move on before it returns."

As you step through the mist at the end of the hallway, you are immediately assaulted by cloying heat and humidity. You find yourselves in an open-air temple, its surrounding stone arches smeared black with soot. Charred branches and clumps of roots mark the shape of the garden that once stood here, but the plants and flowers have been ripped up and burned. In the middle of the ring of stone arches, in the center of a cold pit of charcoal, a half-complete wooden pillar once capped with a dragon’s visage stands near a pile of carved rocks and a small sack of cloth. Only one section of the ring of stone arches is solid—a section of wall that bears an exact duplicate of Huntergate as it appeared in the wall below Citadel Altaerein. Beyond the open archways elsewhere sprawls a verdant expanse of a tropical jungle.

You are not alone. Indeed, you find yourselves surrounded by a force of 20 elven warriors, all holding bows at the ready! The dark-skinned elves wear animal hides and leathers, and many sport tribal tattoos on their faces or arms.

Society DC 20 or Elf Lore DC 15:
These are Ekujae elves, jungle-dwelling elves who keep to themselves and dislike trespassers on their territory.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Medium Human Wizard 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 19/19 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +8| Lore +10, Per +7, Nature/Society +10| Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| 1st: Gust of Wind, Pest Form | Active Conditions:

Ervan will have cast 'Endure Elements' as level 3 spell on himself to protect himself from extreme heat and cold (but no resistance to actual damage!).

Society vs 20: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Ervan mutters something at Allandír under his breath. "Eh, mind doing the talking, Allandír? I opted for Dwarvish and Terran in college." The elf could swear the wizard sounds like he just confessed something terrible, something worth being ashamed of.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

The elf moves himself slightly away from the wizard, as if Dwarven and Terran are possibly contagious. "I'm so sorry to hear that," he murmurs softly - a hushed tone appropriate to the death of a particularly beloved aunt or uncle.

Keeping his hands well away from his weapons, he turns to address the elves.

Elf lore: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Elven:
"We come in peace."


After a few tense moments, one of the elves, a man set apart from the others by his gold jewelry and bracers, steps forward into the ruined temple, holding his palms open at his sides to show he is unarmed. The rest of the elves relax the draw of their bowstrings and put their weapons at rest, though their arrows remained nocked, ready to fire quickly.

The elf in gold jewelry stops a respectful distance away and gives a very slight bow. He wears armor made from iron and wooden plates that have been wrapped in colorful swatches of cloth. The sides of his head are shaved, and the rest of his hair is woven into long, thin braids. He bears some injuries, most notably a heavily bandaged wound on his neck. “I am Jahsi, of the Leopard Clan,” he says, speaking in accented Taldane. “My mother is of the River Clan.” He turns to Allandir and says something in Elven.

Elven:
[b]"Greetings, cousin."


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

"Oh, my!" Pril exclaims with a wide grin at the first sight of the surrounding jungle. When her attention is finally drawn to the armed elvish archers, her grin vanishes. "Oh, my."

When Allandír begins speaking to them in elvish, the gnome seems hardly able to contain herself. "What did he say? What did he say?"


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír carefully conceals a smile. "He, ah, has instructed me to keep my gnome on a leash. I'm not quite sure how he realised so quickly that I am your owner, but there we go. One of the great mysteries of life."

Deception, untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 18

Elven:
"It is good to meet you. We fought some creatures who came through here - the Cinderclaws - and I was fearing there might be more on this side. What brings you here with so many warriors?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

"What?!" the gnome responds, looking from Allandír to the strange elf. "No," she says after a moment, looking back at Allandír with narrowed eyes. "You keep your kinks in the bedroom, naughty boy. What did he really say?"


”I was merely greeting our distant cousin,” Jahsi says in Common. ”Let us speak in a language all can understand. We are here because we always guard the temple, to keep Huntergate from opening. We failed. We were attacked. Charau-kas and boggards—the Cinderclaws—but they were so much stronger, with claws and scales and breath of fire... but that is no excuse.” Jahsi holds his arms stiffly to the side, his muscles straining. ”I ordered us to run. We returned and fought them off, but not before they opened Huntergate and sent some of their kin through. It seems that you were able to defeat those enemies, and for that, you have our thanks.”


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

"Excuse my ignorance," Pril says with a slight bow of her head. "But why the show of force to keep the gate closed? With the exception of the Cinderclaws that got through from this side, there's not really any threat on the other side other than some hobgoblins."

Her eyes widen a little.

"And us of course, but we're not really a threat. Are we?"


”We guard the gate because the Darkness is still within. Did you not see it, when you walked through? We... what is the word? We hurt it, long ago. But we did not kill it. I do not think it has forgotten the Ekujae, in the time it has spent in there.” The elf gives a grim smile.


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Understanding fills Pril's face.

"Oh, you mean Dahak? He appeared when we were transitioning from the gate underneath the keep to the gate here. Cardinal Lucius dismissed it with some holy energy. Is it trapped there? What would happen if it escaped?"


Jahsi glances at Lucius when Pril mentions him. Noting his Abadaran regalia, the elf frowns. He looks back to Pril. "The Darkness is a story for our linguist to speak of. Not me. You should accompany us back to Akrivel, home of the Leopard Clan, as guests to further discuss the situation and meet with the clan's leaders. My daughter is our linguist, and she knows much of the world beyond the jungle."


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Pril just manages to restrain herself from bouncing on her feet at the idea of seeing Leopard Clan's home - but only just.

She looks up at Allandír. Fully expecting him to say 'No', she preemptively turns on her largest puppy-dog eyes as she clasps her hands under her chin as if in prayer.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír nods. "Please, lead the way."


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Pril actually does bounce up and down a few times before turning to Jahsi expectantly with a huge grin on her face.


Jahsi nods and whistles a signal into the forest that is echoed by the nearby birds. "It is good. We will leave at once."

As the elves prepare to depart, you have a few moments to examine the curious objects in the center of the ruined temple. Even a cursory examination of the broken pillar is enough to reveal that it was originally intended to be crowned with a wooden carving of a dragon’s head that has been bleached white. The carving resembles Dahak. The cloth sack contains a thin gold bar.

Jahsi and the other elves lead you on a brisk march through ten miles of sweltering jungle. Ervan's magic leaves him unbothered by the oppressive humidity of the tropical environs, but by the time you reach Akrivel, the rest of you are rather fatigued and ready for a rest.

Woven tree branches form the foundations and buildings of this large treetop Ekujae town. Bridges made of sturdy vines spread out through the rainforest canopy, allowing rapid travel through the jungle for miles around. Dozens, if not hundreds, of trunks of massive trees, each over ten feet wide, support a wide weaving of branches that in turn supports the city above, and each is decorated with twisted roots and shoots that have been painstakingly arranged to form images of elephants and leopards. Further up the trunks, amid beautiful meshes of branches that have grown together to form wide platforms overhead, a staggering array of grafted fruit trees and earth-filled terrace gardens creates a spectacular display.

An Ekujae half-elf waits at the base of one of the trees, balancing lightly on a mass of protruding roots. In one hand she holds a brass staff topped with a sculpture of a leopard grasping a sword in its jaws and pinning a prone human. Her other arm seems to be made not of flesh, but of twisted wooden branches and bone. “I am Nketiah, of the Leopard Clan,” she greets. “My mother was of the Stargazer Clan. You are guests of the Ekujae tonight. Welcome to our lands.”

Nketiah turns a smile on Jahsi. "Hello, father," she says.

"Daughter," Jahsi replies with a grin of his own.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír is in better spirits than he has been for a long time: yes, the heat is fatiguing and nothing like Kyonin, but in so many other respects, this is like home. Even the unfamiliar is somehow not that strange - especially the city in the trees (although the trees themselves are not a variety he has seen before).

Lost in reverie, it's some time before he realises that the half-elf has offered them a greeting and is waiting for someone to return it. "Thank you for your welcome. I am Allandír of Kyonin, and my family is Dinúvriel. It is a pleasure to be with the Ekujae, of whom I have heard but never thought I would meet."

How much does he know of the Ekujae, really? Elf Lore: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

He is tempted to make the reply in Elven, rather than Taldan, partly because it has been a long time since he spoke in his native language, and partly because it would annoy Pril so very, very much. But he resists: there are limits to how petty he is willing to be.


The history of Ekujae elves diverges from that of other elves on Golarion at the time of Earthfall. While most elves elected to leave for their ancestral realm of Sovyrian in order to survive the disaster, the Ekujae clans instead decided to stay behind despite the coming devastation. Whether this choice was made out of duty, love, stubbornness, or a sense of things to come, no records survive to say—it is only known that when the earth was shattered and the skies went black, Ekujae were there to defeat the “Great Darkness” that arose from the destruction, sparing the remaining life on Golarion from total extinction. Yet even their greatest warriors and mages could not destroy the Great Darkness permanently, and Ekujae now train in preparation should it ever rise again.

Ekujae life is a complex web of traditions and customs that both stretches back thousands of years and continues to hold true in the present day-to-day challenges of living in the jungle. Ekujae consider themselves guardians and defenders of their lands, seeing it as their sacred duty to fight against the Great Darkness and any demons, dragons, or other threats that may prey upon their people. They tend to be militant, and Ekujae children are raised with the expectation that they will see violent conflict within their lifetimes. Ekujae are also extremely formal in their dealings, even by elven standards, and they practice many rituals around the swearing of oaths and the forming of bargains.


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Pril's wide eyes jump from one wonder to the next.

When they meet Nketiah, she holds in the obvious question for as long as it's gnomishly possible - which works out to about two and a half minutes.

"So what happened to your arm?" she asks. "I've never met anyone with a wooden arm before. I met a dwarf with a iron one once, but it was strictly cosmetic and kinda hung there without doing anything. Yours bends and turns and everything! What kind of magic is that?"

When others glare at her rude question, she turns to them.

"Hey! You were all thinking it," she says before turning back to the elf, her face the picture of innocent curiosity.


”What happened to your manners?” Nketiah counters with a scowl.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír looks firstly at Pril with a horrified disbelief, and then straight through her with with an expression of almost contemptuous indifference.

Pril Piddwiemog wrote:
"Hey! You were all thinking it," she says

"If you truly believe that, you clearly don't know me at all." His voice is soft, but icy cold. He doesn't look at the gnome as he says it, instead turning his gaze to Nketiah as he attempts to salvage the situation as best he can.

Elven:
"There are no words in any language to express how greatly I wish to repudiate my companion's remarks. I know as well as any that we all have stories we choose not to share with others, especially those we have only just met. I apologise for her and deeply hope that you will overlook her foolishness."

Diplomacy, Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Nketiah nods at Allandir. ”I accept your apology. I will chalk it up to a difference between cultures. Let us put it behind us, for there is much to prepare for your welcoming feast tonight!”

Once all the greetings have been exchanged, Jahsi and Nketiah rapidly vanish into the treetops; Jahsi nimbly runs and climbs up the branches, while Nketiah’s wooden arm unravels and extends to allow her to hoist herself into the canopy.

Any PC who wishes to follow the pair must succeed at a DC 15 Acrobatics or Athletics check, with failure resulting in the PC stumbling back down to the forest floor.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír looks relieved as Nketiah seems willing to drop the matter. He nimbly follows Jahsi up into the treetops.

Acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3
Allandír Dinúvriel wrote:
"If you truly believe that, you clearly don't know me at all." His voice is soft, but icy cold. He doesn't look at the gnome as he says it, instead turning his gaze to Nketiah as he attempts to salvage the situation as best he can.

"I guess that I don't," Pril says in a small voice. She looks down at her feet, multiple emotions warring within her.

~~~~

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

The gnome seems distracted enough that she almost doesn't even make it up into the trees. She stays back from the other elves, though, worried that they'll take offense at something else she might say.


Male Medium Human Wizard 4 | HP: 33/33 | AC: 19/19 | F: +8, R: +8, W: +8| Lore +10, Per +7, Nature/Society +10| Speed 25ft | Focus 1/1| 1st: Gust of Wind, Pest Form | Active Conditions:

Seeing two of his companions rush after the wild elves, Ervan feels like he has no choice but to follow. The recent run-in with lots and lots of heavy stone has definitely done the wizard some physical favors and with little to no trouble, he climbs after them. "Ah, climbing! That brings me back to my youth! Oh, how the sheer physical activity of subjecting yourself to the whims of gravity makes you feel alive! ... and wondering why you didn't bother building a staircase or ladder ... "

Acrobatics vs 15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
\._./ woo

Dark Archive

Male Medium Human Cleric 5 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 13/13 | F: +8, R: +10, W: +13 | Dec +11, Dip +11, Itm +11, Lore +10, Med +13, Per +13, Perf +11, Rel +13, Soc +10| Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3, Focus 1/1, D Font 5/5, Wand 1/1| 1st: Bless, Bless, Magic Weapon, 2nd: Dispel, Dispel, Sound Burst, 3rd: 1, 2| Active Conditions:

The Cardinal nods and follows to the even settlement. Once everyone begins leaping into the tree he sighs slightly however and begi s looking around for a method of access more suited to the elderly.


The elves watching from above laugh at the cardinal's struggle to find a way up into the trees. Eventually, one of them lowers a rope ladder to help the cleric ascend. The elves' laughter dies out when they see the holy symbol of Abadar around Lucius's neck, and they move off quickly, eyeing the priest with quiet suspicion.

The Ekujae settlement is large, home to several hundred elves. Despite the welcoming overtures, most of the Ekujae are both busy with preparations for the feast and cautious of outsiders in general, leaving you mostly to your own devices.

After wandering the treetop village for a short time, a pair of tall Ekujae girls approach. They flag down Nketiah to serve as a translator.

"These are Mauuko and Senyo, of the Leopard Clan. Their mothers were also of the Leopard Clan," Nketiah says by way of introduction. "They wish to challenge you to a game of daikada. It is a dancing game."

Nketiah explains the rules. The game involves each player wearing a pair of copper anklets; each set of anklets is designed to make chimes that are distinct from the other pairs when struck. The goal of the game is to dance along with the beat of a song, while at the same time using fancy footwork to strike the opposing player’s anklets and make them chime. The player that makes her opponent’s anklets chime the most is the winner, but stumbling and missing the beat results in losing points or even outright losing the game.

The girls try to convince as many of you into joining the game as possible, offering to form teams if more than two of you want to play, but they will also accept offers to perform the music for the game or serve as scorekeepers.

Daikada Rules:
In daikada, dancers square off against each other in a 1-on-1 dance contest. Each turn has two phases, which repeat until one player has 5 points, at which time the game ends and the player with the most points is declared the winner.

Phase 1. Each dancer makes an unarmed attack roll against their opponent’s AC with a –4 circumstance penalty (due to aiming only for the opponent’s anklets). A successful hit gains the dancer 1 point, a critical hit allows the dancer to strike both anklets for 2 points, and a critical failure applies a –2 penalty to that dancer’s roll in the second phase of the game. P

hase 2: Each dancer must succeed at a DC 15 Acrobatics or Performance check to keep up with the beat of the music. A critical success here grants a +2 circumstance bonus to the dancer’s AC for the next round, failure removes 1 point from the dancer’s total, and a critical failure removes 3 points. A player who critically fails and has fewer than 3 total points is disqualified from the game. A dancer can also accept a –4 penalty to their Acrobatics or Performance check to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to her next attack roll while playing the game.


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Pril's face lights up at the suggestion of the dancing game, but a moment later it darkens and she frowns, shaking her head and contenting herself with watching from the side.

Dark Archive

Male Medium Human Cleric 5 | HP: 36/36 | AC: 13/13 | F: +8, R: +10, W: +13 | Dec +11, Dip +11, Itm +11, Lore +10, Med +13, Per +13, Perf +11, Rel +13, Soc +10| Speed 25ft | Hero Points 1/3, Focus 1/1, D Font 5/5, Wand 1/1| 1st: Bless, Bless, Magic Weapon, 2nd: Dispel, Dispel, Sound Burst, 3rd: 1, 2| Active Conditions:

"I will serve as scorekeeper." Lucius offers, tucking his holy symbol away into his robes. While devout he doesn't wish to cause offense with his faith, and Abadar can see into the hearts of men - hiding his symbol will make no difference.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír gives Pril a sidelong glance of his green eyes. One corner of his mouth quirks upwards. "You're somewhat, ah, fetching when you're remorseful and abashed, but it doesn't really suit you."

He gestures to the two Ekujae girls. "After all, there are two of them and it's asking a lot to expect me to beat both of them on my own."


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Pril looks up at Allandír and the lack of her characteristic smile is telling. "Then, perhaps, you clearly don't know me very well, either," she says in a voice filled with emotion. With that she stomps away from the elf and towards the two sisters, muttering to herself in gnomish the entire time.

She kicks off her sandals. Reaching out, she snatches one of the set of anklets and attaches them to her own ankles - making sure that the one on the right doesn't get tangled with the gold anklet she wears there.

Looking up, she waits for the music to begin - studiously ignoring Allandír.


Nketiah summons a group of musicians who strike up a lively rhythm on drums and hand bells. Mauuko and Senyo grin as they square off with Allandir and Pril, and the game begins!

Allandir and Pril, please make your checks for both phases for 6 rounds. The Ekujae girls have AC 18. I will adjudicate the results after you both have rolled, and we may need to roll for more rounds if necessary.


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 4 = 18 Hit - 1 point
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 +2 AC

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 4 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 +2 AC

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 4 = 19 Hit - 1 point
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31 +2 AC

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 4 = 19 Hit - 1 point
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 +2 AC

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 4 = 15
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27 +2 AC

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 4 = 17
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)
Pril Piddwiemog wrote:
"Then, perhaps, you clearly don't know me very well, either," she says in a voice filled with emotion.

Allandír gives Pril a friendly smile - "That's possible" - before giving his full attention to Mauuko and Senyo.

Elven:
"Thank you for inviting us to play. May the best elf - or gnome - win!"

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 4 = 13

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 15

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 4 = 20

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 12

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 4 = 18

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 19

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 30

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 4 = 21

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 27

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22


Mauuko vs Pril:
Round 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Round 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Round 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Round 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Round 5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Round 6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Additional Rounds:
Round 7 Pril: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 291d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Round 7 Mauuko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 111d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Senyo vs Allandir:
Round 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Round 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Round 3: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Round 4: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Round 5: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Round 6: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 201d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Additional Rounds:
Round 7 Allandir: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Round 7 Mauuko: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

I rolled for some extra rounds so as not to delay the scene.

The anklet bells jingle as you engage in a spirited game of daikada. The Ekujae girls laugh and twirl around Pril and Allandir, but the monk and the ranger give as good as they get. It's a close match, but in the end Pril defeats Mauuko in the sixth round while Allandir prevails over Senyo in the seventh!

The spectacle of the game draws the attention of other elves, and after Mauuko and Senyo congratulate you for your win, two older women, Kadija and Kuakae, step forward to challenge you to another match.

The rules are same as before if you wish to play again. These elves have AC 22. Go ahead and roll 10 times this time since they are harder to hit.


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír's green eyes flash with a merriment he has not experienced in some time as he laughs and - slightly out of breath - thanks Mauuko and Senyo for the game.

As Kadija and Kuakae step forward, he looks rueful, but nods.

Elven:
"I suspect I am about to be taught how this is properly played, but let us see."

ALL THE DICES:

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 4 = 24
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 27
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 18
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 29
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 4 = 17

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 18
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 4 = 11

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 12
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 17
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 11 - 4 = 13

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 25
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 26
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 4 = 22

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 13
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 4 = 21

Unarmed: 1d20 + 13 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 4 + 2 = 28
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 4 = 14


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

As the two older women step up, Pril nods in polite greeting. Her smile still hasn't made an appearance.

Lots o' Rolls:

Pril will take the Acrobatics penalty for the bonus to hit.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 4 = 26
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 4 = 17

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 14
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 4 = 14

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 13 - 4 = 21

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 4 = 20

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 22
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 4 = 19

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 19
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 = 10

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 20
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 4 = 15

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 20
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 4 = 19

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 24
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 4 = 23

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 21
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 13 - 4 = 14

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 18
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 4 = 24

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 24
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 4 = 26

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 13
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 4 = 15

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 25
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 4 = 26

Unarmed Attack: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 14 - 4 + 2 = 14
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 13 - 4 = 10


Kadija vs Allandir:
Round 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Round 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 341d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Round 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Round 4: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Round 5: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 321d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Round 6: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 271d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Round 7: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 291d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Kuakae vs Pril:
Round 1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 211d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Round 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 191d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Round 3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 331d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Round 4: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 231d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Round 5: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 241d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Round 6: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 351d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

The music starts again, and Allandir and Pril do their best to win against the more experienced elves, but both Kadija and Kuakae prove their prowess. They are much more aggressive than Mauuko and Senya were, and despite the ranger and monk's best efforts, the Ekujae prevail in the seventh and sixth round, respectively. They are gracious in victory though, clapping Allandir and Pril on the back, and the crowd applauds their efforts.

As the crowd disperses, Nketiah lingers for a bit. "That was pretty good for your first efforts. With a bit more practice, you may become quite the force to be reckoned with."

You have gained 1 point towards influencing the Ekujae elves. The more you gain, the friendlier they will become.


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Pril bows respectfully, her face a study in neutrality. Once the others leave, she moves away from the group to look out over the jungle. The novelty of the elvish village not enough to offset the frustration and disappointment she feels.


As Pril wanders the village, she comes upon an unusual sight. A slightly pudgy lioness is lying on one of the higher branches and watching the gnome intently.

Nature DC 15:
Lions are not usually jungle animals, nor are they known for living in trees. Quite unusual, indeed!


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)
DM Brainiac wrote:
As the crowd disperses, Nketiah lingers for a bit. "That was pretty good for your first efforts. With a bit more practice, you may become quite the force to be reckoned with."

Allandír smiles and nods his thanks. "I'd like to think we gave them a challenge."

Given that Nketiah seems happy to still talk with them, he decides to raise another topic.

Elven:
"I have noticed some of your people's suspicion towards the cardinal. Is there some problem? Abadar is not my choice of deity, but Lucius has more than proven his worth and I am grateful that he is with us."


Nketiah replies to Allandir.

Elven:
"This 'Abadar' is a god of the foreigners who come into our nation without permission, kill the animals, steal from the land, and trespass upon our forbidden grounds. And yet they always wonder why we do not like them! You understand why some of the Leopard clan may be wary around the holy man, yes? But we have invited you all here today, your friend Lucius included, so there should be no problems."


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Pril takes a second glance at the out-of-place feline.

"Uh, excuse me?" she asks a passing elf. "Do you often get lions up here? Where I'm from they don't normally hang around in trees."

If the elf she questions doesn't understand Taldan, then she'll try Sylvan.


The elf shrugs and responds in Sylvan. "Oh, that is Harriet. She thinks she is a leopard!"

Nketiah is able to offer a more detailed explanation. "We named Harriet after the explorer who brought her to us. This poor woman had rescued a baby lion from a smuggler, and she was convinced the cub needed to go back to the jungle where it belonged! Oh, we laughed at her for weeks afterward! But Harriet had the last laugh on us—we found that lion a pride that would accept her and left her out on the plains to live with her people, only to find six months later that the lion had come back to the jungle! Shows what we know! I’m not sure how Harriet eats without any spots to hide her hide in the forest, but she’s certainly fat enough for a lion, so who am I to argue?"


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

"So she thinks she's a leapord?" Pril wonders aloud to herself. "Does that mean that she thinks that she's a part of the clan?"

She attempts to move slightly closer in as non-threatening a manner as possible.

Nature?: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Pril’s overtures seem to put the lioness at ease, which causes Harriet to become bored and slump down, half-asleep. ”Ha! I think she approves of you,” Nketiah laughs.

You have gained 1 Influence Point. A PC can attempt a DC 25 Nature check to get closer to Harriet; success means that the PC can pet the lion or otherwise visibly befriend the big cat, which leaves the Ekujae highly impressed. Failure results in Harriet waking up and attempting to bite the offending PC before angrily stalking off, which causes the PCs to lose 2 Influence Points for such reckless actions.


Female Gnome Monk 6 | HP 80/80 | AC 24 | Fort +12 Ref +14 Will +13 | Perc +13 (+2 Init) - Low-light vision - Scent 30' | Speed 35' | Ki 2/2 | Hero 1/3

"Do you think she might ...?" Pril begins to ask, but then realizes that the elf she originally asked is no longer there. She shrugs.

Looks like a friendly-enough creature.

The gnome moves slowly out on the limb the lioness is resting on, thinking peaceful thoughts as she goes and doing her best to project a calm and quiet essence. Once she reaches the cat she slowly reaches out to softly stroke behind her ears.

"You remind me of a cat we had at the monastery," she says in a soft voice. "Toby called him Mister No-F~!!s-To-Give." A blush and a quiet laugh follows the memory. "You probably feel the same way, don't you?"

Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Male Elf (Woodland) Ranger (Precision) 5 I HP 61/61 I AC 22 I F: +10 (E) R: +13 (E) W: +11 (E) I Perception +11 (E), Low-light vision I Speed 35 ft I Conditions: Trackless Step
Bruynarth:
HP 48/48 I AC 19 I F +9 (T) R +9 (T) W +8 (T) I Perception +8 (T)

Allandír gives a resigned nod at Nketiah's saddening explanation.

Elven:
"I see why that would make you wary. Thank you for telling me - and for welcoming Lucius despite that history. I confess I have never understood the desire for wealth, much less the drive to steal from others in order to get it. On the topic of wealth... When your father met us, he was wearing a great deal of gold armour. I take it that is symbolic of something? I doubt it would offer much in the way of protection."


Harriet purrs happily and allows Pril to pet her. The Ekujae gasp and murmur in surprise at the lion’s reaction! The gnome has certainly made a good impression on the elves!

You have gained 2 more influence points!

Nketiah smiles at Allandir.

Elven:
”Our legends have always said that gold is the cooled blood and breath of the Darkness, spilled across our land when we fought it. Gold is a tainted metal, corrupted by the greed and violence of its progenitor. Only those who are truly pure of soul wear it, as a symbol that even the Darkness cannot lead them astray. We call those people keledi. It is the highest honor we can give.”

951 to 1,000 of 1,087 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Age of Ashes Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.