[PF2e] The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master GM Red

Initiative (Perception):

[dice=Gillian]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Scratch]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Ed]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Celvi]1d20+4[/dice

Exploration Mode:

Ed: Detect Magic or Investigate (Recall Knowledge)
Gillian: Investigate (Recall Knowledge)
Celvi: Search (Perception +3)
Scratch: Search (Perception +7)


901 to 950 of 997 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The party passes back through The Sculptor's room, and are able to get a better look around as Scratch goes over to disarm him. The pair of doors leading to the room are crudely decorated with a carving of a small rural village that has been set ablaze. The carving must have been made many years ago and, despite its poor overall artistry, the village bears an unmistakable resemblance to Etran’s Folly.

The Sculptor carried an eye piece, an elixir, his orc knuckle dagger, and the alchemical bombs he had prepared - a total of 9 bottles.

Ed senses a magical aura emanating from the eye piece.

With the Sculptor freed of anything he might fight back with, the party is left to decide what to do with him, and then perhaps investigate his notes and the rest of the ooze room.
____
Still getting used to item identification. Give me your Arcana, Religion, Occultism, and Nature bonuses and I'll roll in secret.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

Ed looks over the carving with more than a little interest before he turns his attention to the eye piece, "Very interesting carving here. I wonder what the Sculptor knows of it."

Arcana +7, Occultism +7 (14 w/Assurance).


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Occultism +6

Celvi has a sense of manic glee as she strips the sculptor of any and all of his possessions. "This man was ready for bear, huh? Let's tie him up so I can scare the daylights out of him. He'll tell us everything."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"Scare 'im? Can't we just dunk the pair of 'em in that stew pot n be done with it?" Scratch kicks an old bottle on the ground and growls, knowing full well Celvi's right but not liking it.

"I'll tie 'im up, with one end of the rope 'round his neck.. just in case he wants ta go bungie jumpin' n all." He digs out his rope and gets to work.

Nature +6. Also I'd love to make craft checks to ID the bottles.. be great to snag some healers! +4 Craft. Ya, I haven't ventured into learning how IDing works now either.

Also, Ed, Assurance isn't a straight take ten, you only add your prof bonus, not your ability bonus/penalty/etc.

Assurance:

Assurance Feat 1
Fortune General Skill
Source Core Rulebook pg. 258
Prerequisites trained in at least one skill
Even in the worst circumstances, you can perform basic tasks. Choose a skill you’re trained in. You can forgo rolling a skill check for that skill to instead receive a result of 10 + your proficiency bonus (do not apply any other bonuses, penalties, or modifiers).

Special You can select this feat multiple times. Each time, choose a different skill and gain the benefits for that skill.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Super Secret Rolls!:

It's okay if you peeked, it's a game!
Ed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Celvi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Elixir
SCratch: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Gilly: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Scratch Craft
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Craft, Bottle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Gillian Craft
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Craft, BOttle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Ed identifies the eyepiece as a crafter's eyepiece, while Scratch identifies the elixir as a lesser bomber's eye elixir.

Gillian and Ed both have a look at The Scupltor's alchemical gear. There are three moderate alchemist's fire. Scratch identifies the next two vials as more alchemist's fire, but Gillian is certain they're lesser elixirs of life. The next three bottles are moderate frost vials, and the last one is a lesser tanglefoot bag.
But what happens to infusions prepared by an alchemist? Do they expire after a day or so?

The Sculptor's desk also contains 18 gold pieces and a fine set of silver scales that look quite valuable.

But the real treasure is the orc's notes. He writes about the various experiments he has been asked to perform over the past few months, attributed to someone by the name of Vilree. Almost all of these involve evolving permanent mutations in creatures by exposing them to energy mutagens. While many of these experiments were ultimately successful, they had an unintended side effect: the creatures became far too bestial and unreliable to use as minions. About 2 months ago, something changed, and the Scupltor writes how he was asked to stop performing experiments.

One of the final notes reads as follows: "The coagulant thing is finally taking shape. It might not be what she asked for, but she is sure to be impressed! When it is ready, I will take it to Spite’s Cradle and show it to the mistress myself."

Perception DC 18:

Mixed in with all of the notes is an unusual entry: About 3 years ago, the Scupltor and his orcs captured a human. This person was placed in a covered pit in the woods, and exposed to something that the Sculptor refers to as the viridian vapor. The last note on this experiment reads, “The human died in agony in less than a day. We burned his body and filled in the pit as instructed.”


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Huh. So he's behind all of the weird mutagen." Celvi figures. "Alright, we don't need him alive anymore, unless we need to know about this Virlee person."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"Vilree? Now where have I heard that name before" Ed scratches his chin. He then points out an unusual entry: "About 3 years ago, the Scupltor and his orcs captured a human. This person was placed in a covered pit in the woods, and exposed to something that the Sculptor refers to as the viridian vapor. The last note on this experiment reads, 'The human died in agony in less than a day. We burned his body and filled in the pit as instructed.' What do you suppose that means?"


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Where was that pit? Maybe we passed it on the way here." Celvi scratches her chin before taking off her hat to fan herself. "We could ask the Sculptor here to confirm the location. Before we dip him in, too. See if he likes the taste of his own medicine."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"What a tosser! But at least he's well stocked in supplies. You sure those aren't bottled fire Gilly? Maybe we should test one out on the orcs to be sure."


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"They're clearly some special-brew Elixir of Life," Gillian insists. "He probably just added food coloring or something for a different color. Alchemy has some room for creativity, you know."

"Anyway...I dunno, we can try and see what he knows but I'm going to be honest, I don't know if he'll tell us anyway. Maybe if Celvi can scare him real good, he might...or maybe if he's one of those types that loves their sound of their own voice."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

While the party decides on the fate of the Sculptor and tries to decode the mysterious journal, they also notice a set of handwritten notes pinned to the north wall in the ooze room.

The sheets appear to be delivery instructions that describe the directions from "Hallod's Drop-Off Stump" to a place called "Spite's Cradle."

Come to think of it, this isn't the first time you heard mention of a stump!


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Huh. Another mention of this stump. I hope the reward was worth it." Celvi shrugs. "Ey, do you think he... he and Harrod and both working for this Virlee person? It would line up, wouldn't it?"

When Gillian mentions the Sculptor probably wouldn't talk, Celvi shrugs. "Eh, kill him or turn him in for questioning. I'm not that invested."


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

"Looks like they were indeed both working for Virlee...a pretty intricate smuggling operation they have going here." Ed observes, "While I would not hold great hope he will talk to us here, any information we can glean about her would shed some light as to why all of this effort is being made here."


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Alright, then let's bring him around and see what he has to say for himself," Gillian shrugs. Not inclined to waste any perishable resources Gillian instead sets about binding some of the Sculptor's wounds, at least enough to bring him back around.

Medicine (Treat Wounds): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Wakey wakey, punk." Celvi slaps the Sculptor across the face. "You've got answers. We've got quesitons. We popped your blood bubble back there and your orc friends are dead. So let's get this over with."

"You answer our questions, we turn you in to the local authorities, you get to live another day. You don't answer our questions, you get to take a dip. We saw a pool on the way here filled with some water, and some wolves who drank it, well they didn't like it much."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

"Maybe it works better on Orcs. I'm sure you'd love to find out." Celvi leans in close. "Now tell me what's in that goop. Why did you make it with that viridian vapor? And who is Virlee?" She snaps her fingers. "Answer me quick, or it's time for a drink!"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

With his wounds treated, the orc opens his eyes... and scoots back against the wall in a frenzy. "What?! Where's my precious ooze? What have you done!" His voice quivers as he notices the pile of sticky red liquid down the hallway. "Whatever! If you want to throw me into sludge, by all means, do it. How fitting that a master alchemist should die in a pool of his own failed experiments!"

The Sculptor struggles against his bindings. "And don't talk to me about that wretched woman... Leaving us here to experiment when we should've been with the war band. Bah!" He spits. It doesn't seem like he's willing to tell you much more.


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Ah, Virlee's a lady, leading some kind of war band. Guess you're just the garbage she left behind." She shrugs.

"Alright, you heard the orc. Time for a swim!" She chuckles and leaves him alone to his fate.

Kill him, spare him, arrest him? Celvi doesn't care.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

"Perhaps we can turn him over to Noala..." Ed offers uncertainly, "I just don't feel it is right to consign him to such a fate."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"You know what Noala will do? Same thing I'd do. If ye ain't got the stomach then step outside, I'll do the dirty deed, done dirt cheap..." Scratch cracks his knuckles and prepares to off the restrained orcs.

We'd get much worse treatment if we were in their place, fer damn sure! He steels himself for the bludgeoning that is about to occur.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

"Very well," Ed walks out of the chamber in a huff.

I do NOT want us to turn into one of THEM...willing to throw our principles to the wind on a whim here!


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

Gillian looks on as Ed turns and walks out of the chamber; she shrugs and turns back to Scratch and Celvi.

"Guess we've got our answer, then. And really, they'd probably just hang him back in town anyway, if Noala didn't finish the job first."

Her expression is grim but unflinching. "But we're not throwing anyone in that slop. Just make it quick and be done with it; we're not animals and we're not torturers!"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Ed storms out as the party discusses the fate of The Scupltor. It's true that Plaguestone would not take kindly to someone performing alchemical experiments not far from town, especially given the town's tragic history. Noala would probably agree that these orcs were a lost cause.

And so Scratch raises his hammer above his head...

CRUNCH... CRACK

Thud. Thud.

Two more dead orcs lie in a heap next to the ooze. The party walks past them, and takes one last look through the den to ensure everything was taken. Outside, you find the elven ranger, Noala, making her way back to you.

"A few corrupt deer and beavers ran through the area, but I managed to stop them. What did you find inside? And what's with that pit of sludge? It smells awful!" She holds her hand to her nose.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"You seen a beaver run? That ain't quite how I'd describe that wobblin' nearsighted water rat." Jokes Scratch as he comes out with a handful of useful stuff and a face full of blood splatter.

"We've seen some s$+*e too lady, if only it were as tame as a deer n beavah." He takes a seat and cleans himself up. "Maybe we can take some time here and patch ourselves up a bit. I feel like my spleen is tryin' ta go on holiday out here."

Scratch lets the others do the catchup. His old bones need a quick rest.


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"We met some orc alchemists inside. They were making... something made of blood. They're all dead now." Celvi shrugs to Noala.

"We found some notes, too." Celvi points at the collected information. "Hey, do you know what viridian vapor is? The leader wasn't very talkative."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

The rest of you fill in Noala on what happened inside, her expression growing ever more grim. "Experiments? Blood oozes? And sludge? What the hell are these orcs doing?" For someone who hasn't shown much emotions since you met her, Noala looks pretty disturbed. And pissed.

"I have no clue what this 'viridian vapor' is, but why experiment with a human, let alone an animal?"

She turns to lead you away from the den. "The good thing is no more orcs will be performing experiments in my woods. Well, here, anyway. I'm not naive enough to think this one lab was responsible for all of the blights, and this is the second time I've heard of this V, or Vilree."

As you make your way back towards Etran's Folly, Noala is deep in thought considering what the next move should be. She leaves you at the Feedmill with one final request. "Thank you for your help. Truly, I appreciate it, and in return, I would be happy to train you in wilderness skills and survival. All the things that make me a ranger."

Basically, she can assist anyone looking to select the ranger multiclass archetype. How this works in PFS, I need to research.

"But further to that, it sounds like until we track down and stop Vilree, some level of blight - or worse - experiments involving humans will continue. For Bort's sake, if not for the sake of the woods, I would like for you to travel to Spite's Cradle and stop her."

This is the end of Chapter 2, which means you all reach Level 3!

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"Second time yu've heard of V? I hope the both times through us... otherwise spill the beans woman!" Scratch goes about wrapping his poor burnt beard up in all the ointments he can find.

Expert Medicine! DC15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 252d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9

Once they're back to town he thanks the woman for her offer of woodcraft "If I ever need some Elf wood craft lessons I'll let ya know, but fer now I'll keep on keepin' on with my Dwarf way's a doin' things."

"And so far as travelin' to this Cradle thing, how 'bout we take a couple days to ourselves first. Maybe have a few pints and rest up. I've got some blood to recoup from that oozy mothertrucker."


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Spite's Cradle? Might be worth the trip." "Anything to get my mind off the nightmares."

"Uh, can you put in a good word with the sheriff? He thinks we're responsible for Bort. Still."

Woohoo! Level 3!


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

Ed seems to have recovered from his irritation from before as he addresses the others, "I can see no better reason to travel to this place than to finally put an end to this blight! Still, I do believe we have some time to recuperate from our struggles..."

...and time to learn new arcane secrets...perhaps even time to visit Delma briefly...


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Sounds like we don't have much choice at this point," Gillian sighs. "Who else is going to do it? The town can't be left undefended, that's for sure. Especially since this Vilree will probably figure out that someone's disrupted her plans sooner rather than later."

She rubs one of her arms, still bruised from the beatings she'd taken. "That said, Scratch is right. We'll need to rest up and get our gear in order before we go anywhere. Maybe ask around if anyone's heard anything of this Vilree or what Spite's Cradle is supposed to be."

"Oh...and maybe ask if anyone's gone missing around the town in the last month or two. That poor sod in the pit had to have come from somewhere. Maybe they snatched him off the road but maybe not."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Recap
You journeyed on a caravan to Etran's Folly, otherwise known as Plaguestone, with dwarven merchant Bort Bargith and his crew of teamsters. Not long after being in town, a brawl broke out at the bar, and Bort suddenly died from eating poisoned turnip porridge. After an investigation, you were able to tie the goblin cook Phinick to the murder, but it turns out it wasn't him that murdered Bort. Well, not intentionally. He was forced into poisoning the porridge by Hallod, the town bully.

After finding and defeating Hallod in his lair, you came upon a note from a mysterious 'V', that talked about reagents, corpse blood, and a 'stump' located not far from town being used as a drop spot. You later met the elven ranger Noala, who asked you to help stop an unnatural blight from spreading in the forest. She lead you to the source of the blight, which turned out to be something of a laboratory where a group of orcs performed experiments. There, you found additional information about this 'V', or Vilree, in connection to something called 'viridian vapor'. It seems her hideout is a place called Spite's Cradle, and now you know how to get there.
----------------

A new day dawns in Etran's Folly. You awaken either inside or outside of the Feedmill, the town's tavern. It's Delma that invites you all to a breakfast after Noala fills her in on the findings.

"To have someone conduct horrible experiments just outside a town known for its grave history involving a plague. How awful!" Delma frowns. "We need to stop her. Some people around town still think Bort's passing was your doing," she sighs wearily, passing around a bread basket. "I know it's crazy, but these people are naturally suspicious of outsiders. But once this... this Vilree is stopped, everything should be cleared up."

___
Just lighting things back up here!


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Not all that surprising," Gillian sighs as she takes a biscuit from the bread basket. "Folks want to trust their neighbors and the people they've known for years and years and years. Easier to blame outsiders than think they've been lied to."

She carefully pulls the biscuit apart, spreading honey on each half. "I just wonder if this Vilree is a local or if she just happened to pick this area for its history. It all seems a little too much to just be coincidence..."


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

Ed tears his gaze away from Delma as Gilliam ponders the origin of their foe. "I fear the only answers lie with Vilree herself. No one else has any knowledge of her or her past." He gratefully accepts the bread, slathering it with butter. Taking a large bite he chews it slowsly as he tries to avoid staring at Delma too openly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi has been holding nightly one woman performances. Ready at a moment's notice, she pulls up forks, knives, bowls and tablecloth to tell tales of heroes, villains, lovers, riots. Anything she remembers from her stage plays.

But The heroes of Plaguestone is her favorite: 4 outsiders are accused of a murder they didn't commit. Their attempts to clear their name leads them into danger, as villains try to cover up a greater conspiracy.

Performance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

It keeps her busy, but it also keeps her on her awake. And she doesn't have to think about the night terrors. That's a bonus.

Still, sleep claims her at some point. She can't wait to wake up.

"Top of the morning." Celvi bites into another turnip. "So, we're off to this cradle, right? Time to scare some Virlee lady." She lauighs. "I wonder how many badguys we need to kill before the townsfolk believe us."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Scratch wanders in just in time to see Celvi voluntarily bite into a turnip with biscuits on the table. "Kid, save yerself a bout of dysentery and eat a dang biscuit! I got some smoked pig jerky outside if ya want somethin' real fer yer guts to chew on."

He takes a seat and claims one of the biscuits to go with a stick of jerky in the other hand. He dips the jerky in the honey and uses it to slather it over the biscuit and smiles "Now THAT'S a breakfast. Way better than the sawdust I had to eat bafore we got here."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

"I can't say I've ever heard the name," Delma floats throughout the bar, refilling your coffee as other townspeople, turnip farmers, of course, mosey in to purchase their own morning refreshments. You catch a few of them still stealing a suspicious stare, even after how much you've helped so far. Some nerve.

On your way out of the Feedmill, you bump into Delma's father and town mayor, Targen Fulst, sitting in his wheelchair on the front porch. "Top of the mornin' to ya. My daughter filled me in on yer... blight extinguishing, and I wanted to thank you! But, more important than that, she mentioned the name Vilree." The old timer slowly lifts his cup to his lips, taking a sip. "Oh, where was I. If anyone knows this town's history, it's me. You heard about our plague. Well, it was a person by the name of Silwyth that started it. Damn witch made it too strong, ended up gettin' it herself!"

"She died not long after, leaving behind her daughter. That daughter stuck around her mother's home for a few years, then just completely disappeared. You can imagine how the locals thought of her, and I don't blame 'em! No witch's kid should be livin' in my town. Anyway, few years later she was gone, and no one knew where she went. Figured she just went to live in the woods or something."

After gulping down some more tea, the old timer wheels himself close to you, looking up at Scratch with a gappy smile. "Well, that's all I wanted ta tell you." He starts wheeling himself towards the Feedmill doors. "Oh, wait a tick. Her name was also Vilree. Huh! What are the chances?"


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Pretty good chances, Mayor." Celvi munches on some candied turnips. "Maybe Virlee picked up where her mom left off. Won't be the first idiot. Thanks!" She waves the mayor goodbye.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

Ed shakes his head in disgust, "So it sounds like the daughter is following in her mother's footsteps! What troubled experience must she have endured to fill her with such hatred for her own home! Anyway, we shall find her and put an end to her!"


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Well, guess that answers that," Gillian sighs. "It's always about revenge of some sort, isn't it? Then again, I guess that'll make this easier in a way. She probably won't come quietly, just like all of her other cronies we've dealt with."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"Vengeance is a cruel and determined mistress, bubbling over time into a flaming hot mess on your stove!" He stays silent for a moment before giving the old Mayor a high five and slipping him a couple pieces of jerky while his daughter isn't looking.

"Keep on rollin' old timer. Don't let yer wheels get stuck in the mud."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Targen tucks the jerky into a pocket. "Heh heh, nearly forgot how much I liked ya, Steeltoe! Delma tells me ta stay away from salty snacks. Ties up the bowels 'n all, ya know."

A little while later
The map you found at Hallod's hideout leads you to the innocuous tree stump in a forest clearing once used as a drop spot for reagents. From there, the path to Spite's Cradle leads you back through the woods for a few hours, then along some plains before finally ending up at some foothills. Here, nestled in the shadow of the Five Kings Mountains, there are countless small valleys and crevasses, but the directions lead to one particular valley: a place called "Spite’s Cradle".

Up ahead, a wooden palisade spans the valley; a gigantic double door set into its center. Beyond this wall, a guard tower is barely visible, although it’s difficult to tell whether it is occupied.

It's late in the afternoon, so you've still got light. The walls are 15 feet high and the tops are carved to points. There are steep cliffs lining the side of the valley to about 30 feet high.


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi keeps quiet, holding onto her hat and dusting it off when needed. "So, what's the plan when we reach this place? It's not like we can barge into the front door."

She thinks for a bit. "I could conjure an illusion of a big hairy beast. It should make a great distraction. Until it's hit, anyway."


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

"Perhaps we need to determine who," or what Ed thinks, "lurks up there. Sadly I am no climber and I have little in the way of magic to get me up there." He strokes his chin in thought. "I could mage hand a rope end to the top of the palisade, just need a place to tie it off at."


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Maybe we should see if Scratch can get a little closer and figure out who or what's up there," Gillian suggests. "I could try it too but I'm not quite as quiet."

Alchemical Items:

Alchemist's Fire x2
Acid Flask, Lesser x2
Antiplague, Lesser x2
Elixir of Life, Minor x4

Infused Reagents Remaining: 2

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

It doesn't take long on the hike to realize Scratch seems to be keeping pace better than before. All the exercise must have stretched those old legs out a bit. 25 speed now!

"Ain't a great plan ta march on up to that door and giver a knock. No way in a million years we wouldn't get peppered to death with arrow and spear bafore we even said hello." He pulls off his helmet and wipes up a bit of sweat from the hike.

"Mebe best we scout around a while and look for a back way in, or an easier spot. Ain't gotta be dumb like a paladin and ram our 'eads against the wall callin' fer righteous glory n all that nimrodery. Let's use our brains n find a better way." He starts making a wide berth and keeping low, hoping they can find another way in.

Also, not sure going at night would be great either since you all can't see in the dark, and odds are we're dealing with more orcs.

Not sure what roll would work best: Survival +7, Perception +9, Oh, and if needed: Stealth +7


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Sounds like a plan to me," Gillian agrees. She waits a tick to give Scratch some time to move ahead of the rest of the group before following...
______________

Perception +7, Stealth +6, Survival +7~


Spells -/3/2 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 27/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Perception +5, Stealth +2, Survival +1. Last 2 skills are thanks to my Untrained Improvisation feat.

"Side entrance? Sure."


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3; (2nd) 1/2 | Active Conditions: Mirror Image

Perception +6, Stealth +1, Survival +1.

"I hope there is one Celvi."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

GM Screen:

P
Scratch: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Gilly: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Celvi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Stealth
Scratch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Gilly: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Celvi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Survival
Scratch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Gilly: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Celvi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Nature

Knowing that just barging in the front doors is likely to raise an alarm, the party fans out alongside the limestone walls of the valley, making a circle around it. There don't appear to be any side entrances, obvious or otherwise. There's just the front gates, and the walls, which don't seem impossible to climb. The cliffs rise to 30 feet before dipping down into the valley.

Gillian and Celvi take note that the guard tower is manned by several... green figures! And that the guard tower looks to be of poor construction, really only offering a wide view of the yard inside the complex.

The place is inside a valley that's lined with walls, so you'd be climbing up a wall, then back down into the valley. If you go that way, give me two Athletics checks (one to climb up and one to climb down) and an Acrobatics check. It's also possible to use a rope and grappling hook on the front gate to bypass it, or other creative means to get in.

Start of the map

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 49/49 | Temp HP: 5 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"Looks like you Ladies are gonna get to do some climbing after all!" He looks at the three of them and grins, then pulls out his rope and grapple. "Just gotta find a spot we can get up and outta sight of them greenskins up there..."

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 33/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions: Barkskin

"Hey, I can climb," Gillian is quick to retort. "It's just not easy when you're carrying fragile supplies, you know."

Once the group finds what seems to be a good place to try and make their ascent, Gillian waits her turn and then attempts to go up...

Athletics #1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Athletics #2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

901 to 950 of 997 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2e] The Fall of Plaguestone - GM Red - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.