[PF2e] The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master GM Red

Initiative (Perception):

[dice=Gillian]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Scratch]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Ed]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Celvi]1d20+4[/dice

Exploration Mode:

Ed: Detect Magic or Investigate (Recall Knowledge)
Gillian: Investigate (Recall Knowledge)
Celvi: Search (Perception +3)
Scratch: Search (Perception +7)


601 to 650 of 929 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Scratch shamelessly steals Gillian's dice rolls plan of action, hoping he stops bleeding, tossing a couple hammers at the flaming green bush, then healing himself with his tools. "Thanks fer showin' an old Dwarf new tricks Gilly, rubbin' some dirt on it n a quick shotta whiskey does wonders!"

We Got a Bleeder! (DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 3

Ranged Light Hammer, Quick Draw: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ranged Light Hammer, Quick Draw: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 = 181d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Battle Medicine (DC 15): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 7) = 11

I keep hoping this plant dies. I don't want to burn an action calling it prey to have it die immediately.

Flat check, Strike, Strike, Battle Medicine!

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Scratch lays the smackdown on the bush, flattening it down into a pile of ashy burnt leaves.

The other bush noisily waddles up and extends its tendril. Then it suddenly starts to spin rapidly in a circle, lashing out in all directions. The tendril comes close to Scratch and Gillian...
Vine vs Scratch and Gillian: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 151d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
... But luckily, both closely watch the vine as it spins around, and twist to avoid it.

Round 3
Scratch (-6, bleed 2 vs flat DC 15)
Red Bush Green (-30, 1 persistent fire)
Celvi (-10, bleed 2 vs flat DC 15)
Ed (Shield)
Gillian (-2, bleed 2 vs flat DC 15)

Yellow Bush

Party Buffs: Bless (if within 10ft. of Celvi)

Environmental Conditions: None

Map

Celvi, Ed, and Gillian are up!


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"One second helping of Flaming Bush on the way!" Ed crows as he again sends some flame into the second bush.

Produce Flame spell attack vs green, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14; Fire damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Cast Produce Flame.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi focuses and concentrates, expanding the range of her Bless. It's now a 15 foot radius.

Bleedin?: 1d20 ⇒ 7

More blood. Great. Whatever! She flings another Telekinetic Projectile at the Red bush. Squishing it with a rock, heh.

Telekinetic Projectile, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Oh God It Won't Stop (DC 15): 1d20 ⇒ 17 Except that it does! Yay!

As Gillian's bleeding slows and finally stops, she mixes up another vial of alchemist's fire and lobs it at Red...

Lesser Alchemist's Fire vs. Red (Bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Damage (Fire): 1d8 ⇒ 6 + 1 persistent fire + 1 splash fire

...but this time her aim isn't quite as accurate. Not wanting to approach any closer, at least not yet, she then draws out her sling.
______________

Quick Alchemy, Strike, Manipulate~

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

A second bush bursts into flames thanks to Ed, and Celvi knocks off some of its mass with a telekinetically-launched stone. Gillian's aim is off, this time.

The burning plant moves slightly north, then lashes out with its tendril, seeking to strike Top to bottom: 1d2 ⇒ 2 Scratch!
Vine: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The vine latches onto one of Scratch's wounds, and starts to vibrate as if it's sickeningly pumping away some of the dwarf's life to heal itself.
Scratch can roll a basic DC 17 Reflex save or he takes 3 damage

Round 4
Scratch (-11, bleed 3 vs flat DC 15)
Red Bush (-16?)
Celvi (-10, bleed 2 vs flat DC 15)
Ed (Shield)
Gillian (-2)
Yellow Bush

Party Buffs: Bless (if within 15ft. of Celvi)

Environmental Conditions: None

Map

Scratch is up!

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Scratch gets walloped by the other bush, just as he was starting to feel hopeful from dusting the first bush "Sonova moldy biscuit, you sure we can't just move the whole town?"

Basic Reflex DC17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Bleed, 15 Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 16

He twists away from the vine as it tries to check his vitals, gives it the evil 'you're my prey' look then steps up and tries to hammer and dagger it. "I'm goin' in, don't ferget about me!"

Twin Take Down: Light Hammer, Bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 141d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Twin Take Down: Clan Dagger, Bless: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Step, Hunt Prey, Twin Take Down

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Oops. It seems I had the bush act again last round despite having already acted. Let's call that last post its actions this round, and I'll move us to Celvi, Ed, and Gillian.

Crit roll vs Scratch: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Being thoroughly bloodied doesn't stop Scratch from advancing on his foe, striking and slashing with hammer and dagger at the bush.

Round 5
Scratch (-23)
Red Bush (-24)
Celvi (-10, bleed 2 vs flat DC 15)
Ed (Shield)
Gillian (-2)

Yellow Bush

Party Buffs: Bless (if within 15ft. of Celvi)

Environmental Conditions: None

Map

Celvi, Ed, and Gillian are up!


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Gillian tries one more time, whipping up a third fiery concoction and throwing it...

Lesser Alchemist's Fire vs. Red (Bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
Damage (Fire): 1d8 ⇒ 5 + 1 persistent fire + 1 splash fire

...before loading up the sling in her hand.
______________

Quick Alchemy, Strike, Load~


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed continues to flame the bush into ash!

Produce Flame spell attack vs red, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18; Fire damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Cast Produce Flame, maintain Shield.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

With everyone close enough to her, Celvi keeps the Bless radius to about 15 feet.

I'm bleedin' over here: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Still bleeding, Celvi pants and launches another Telekinetic Projectile at the Red bush. "Good thing these things are slow."

Telekinetic Projectile, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

She pulls out her crossbow.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Ed and Gillian take turns tossing fiery spells and bottles at the bush, and it proves to be enough to reduce the menacing shrub to ashy bits.

Technically out of combat, given that the one remaining bush doesn't appear to be engaged.
Final HP
Scratch (-23)
Celvi (-12) <-- Still bleeding
Ed (Shield)
Gillian (-2)

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Scratch gives the last bush the nervous side eye before trying to help Celvi control the bleeding. "Don't move to fast, and keep away from that thing until we're ready!"

Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

We should probably heal up then gang rush that last one to kill it off.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Serious, just roll a 15: 1d20 ⇒ 16

"I'm fine, dammit!" Celvi throws her hands about when everyone fails to stop her bleeding. "We can kill that last thing later. Let's back up for now."


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"But that one's feeding off that carcass...can plants pick up this blight like those wolves that attacked us did? I'm not sure I wanna find out," Gillian grimaces, though she does back away a bit. "And even if it doesn't, it's dangerous. Let's patch up and then we can look about killing or maybe setting a trap for it or something!"

Once the group seems to have fallen a safe distance back from the remaining vine, Gillian can now take the proper time to patch up Celvi and Scratch's wounds. Maybe.

Assuming we're okay with hanging around for at least 20 minutes & nothing else happens in the meantime...

Medicine: Treat Wounds - Scratch (DC 15): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 8) = 11

"No, you are not fine! Why can't gnomes just freakin' hold still!?"

Medicine: Treat Wounds - Celvi (DC 15): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Maybe we can endeavor to capture it wholly, or at least a part of it," Ed ponders here, "If we can study it further then it may provide us clues as to where this blight originated from!"

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"How far can you all throw those fire things? Maybe we can bombard it to death before it gets to us eh? I've got a couple hammer left..." He lets Gillian work on his wounds, holding a bandage while she wraps.

"Ain't no catchin' somethin' like that.. best we kill it then take a look at the left over bits.. then that Elf chick can burn the last of it."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Ok with that medicine check that puts Scratch at 29/36 and he's got no more temp HP from the ring (was 5). I've got 2 minor healing potions but I'd prefer to save those for in combat/emergencies. When everyone's ready I say we kill this last bush and heal up a bit more after... have some lunch and more medicine rolls if possible.

"If ya got any more of those fire bombs I can throw one too. Ya should have seen some of the Steeltoe BBQs back in the day. Hundred or so drunk Dwarves playin' horse shoes, or hammer throw, or stomp the greenskin. Great fun."


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi starts to protest but calms down as Gillian notices the Gnome's many scars. "Just be quick about it." She pouts and stands still as Gillian works on her.

"I'll throw every single rock and branch at it."

Telekinetic Projectile spam!


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Okay I suppose if we have no choice here," Ed replies doubtfully here, "I can continue to throw my own fire bombs at it."

I truly hope Noala can shed some more light on this...


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Same...I can make at least three more of those alchemist fires today," Gillian replies as she finishes the last of Celvi's bandages. "But after that my supplies will pretty well be spent for the day, so let's hope I don't have to use all three!"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

I think the way we'll do this is similar to PF1. The first action will result in hostility from the creature and I'll roll initiative. So! Does Ed want to open with produce flame, or Celvi a telekinetic projectile?

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

I'm hoping we can spread out at max range. I'll pre hunt prey and have a hammer and clan dagger out. If people want I can start off in case it wins initiative and comes my way vs someone else's. I have the best AC and HP. Are there surprise rounds in 2.0? Do we only get 1 action or all three if we lead off? Scratch's range would be 40' with the hammer.

"Sounds like we got ourselves a plan o attack. Dwarves love a good plan, especially when its a battle plan. Or a cookin' recipe... " Scratch is usually a bit chaotic, but his Dwarven tendencies show through sometimes.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed will take the lead here :)

"Okay here goes..." Ed replies as he prepares to send the first volley at the bush.

Produce Flame spell attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19; Fire damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Cast Produce Flame, maintain Shield.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

With the plant unaware of everyone's presence, it becomes easy to spread out and go at the thing tactically. Ed advances and opens his palm, conjuring up a flame at the bush! As the flames die down, the bush retracts its tendril and whips it towards the wizard, clearly angered by the attack.

Initiative (Stealth):

Plant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Ed: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Gillian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Celvi: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Round 1
Gillian
Scratch
Celvi
Ed (Shield)
Bloodlash Bush (-11)

Environmental Conditions: Trees would be difficult terrain if you decide to walk into them

Party Buffs: None

The whole party is up!

Combat Map

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

"Its ON! Full atttttacccckKkKKkk!" Hollers the well caffeinated Dwarf as Eds flame lands true.

As fast as the eye can follow Scratch draws and flings a pair of hammers at the bush before drawing out a hatchet and watching to see if his lobs connect.

Ranged Light Hammer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 101d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Ranged Light Hammer: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 2 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Strike, strike, draw.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi fires her loaded crossbow at the plant.

Hand Crossbow: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Crit Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Then she readies a Telekinetic Projectile at the remaining bush.

Telekinetic Projectile, Bless: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed follows up his flame ball with a second helping!

Produce Flame spell attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24; Fire damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Cast Produce Flame, maintain Shield.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Not that it probably matters with that attack, but Celvi's second attack roll should likely have a -5 since its her second attack roll in a round.

Scratch hoots n hollers as the bombardment continues with great accuracy "Come on Gilly, yer turn girl!"


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Here goes nothing...

Gillian deftly mixes together another alchemist's fire and advances a little closer before flinging it at the bloodlash bush like a Fastball Special...

Lesser Alchemist's Fire vs. Bush: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Damage (Fire): 1d8 ⇒ 7 + 1 persistent fire + 1 splash fire
______________

Quick Alchemy, Stride, Strike~

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Scratch and Celvi crush the bush under the weight of their hammers and thrown projectiles, with Celvi finding a particularly soft area in the whip-like appendage. All it takes after that is some more flames from Ed's palm to finish off the bloodlash bush.

Nice rolling! Gillian can keep that alchemist's fire since the plant died before she mixed it.

While there's no treasure to be had where the bushes were, a better look at the dead wolf reveals its indeed as rotten as the ones Noala had set fire to just yesterday.

But at least with the nasty plants killed, you're able to travel further into the area. Just ahead is large old, rotten tree, under which is an opening. There's an overpowering smell of wet and rotten fur coming from the hole, and it looks as though the hole is not quite big enough for you to enter without first getting on your hands and knees.

Map


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Sweet!

"Oh NO - we have to crawl into that, head first? That's just asking to get your face gnawed off if there's anything in there!" Gillian exclaims, balking at the idea. "Why not just burn the tree? It's already dead and there's not been any rain in the last couple of days so surely it'd burn well enough."


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Do I need to be on my hands and knees?

"Yeah, whatever." Celvi loads her crossbow. "You have to check."

She casts Dancing Lights and directs them under the tree.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Do I need to be on my hands and knees?

"Yeah, whatever." Celvi loads her crossbow. "You have to check."

She casts Dancing Lights and directs them under the tree.

She then heads towards the rotting trunk...


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Burning the tree won't tell us where this blight is originating from Gillian," Ed cautions her as he slowly approaches the tree, his Arcane Senses reaching out...

Cast Detect Magic here.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Scratch makes his way towards the dead bush, doubling checking that it doesn't do anything weird like regrow itself. Then he collects his five thrown hammers, brushing off the dirt and muck and hanging them back on his belt for another time. "Woah now ladies. Let's not just go stickin' our heads in a dark hole, been there, done that earlier at that old house. Let's take a good look 'round this place before we do anything risky."

Scratch searches the area and the exterior of the tree to get a better idea about what could be going on. I'm just going to go through the gamut here... searching for tracks and clues, knowledge nature for anything that could be helpful, the works. Before I let anyhow go sticking their head into a likely wolf's den!

+8 perception, +6 knowledge nature, +6 survival


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"That's exactly my point! And if this is the den of those diseased wolves then burning it makes perfect sense. Fire is a cleanser - you know that, right?"

Still, she can see that the others are determined to have a better look around the tree at the very least.

"But okay, fine. I guess it can't hurt to give the perimeter a good sweep...there might be more than one pocket of disease close by, like another den or bits of old meals or something..."

And with that, Gillian joins the others in looking around the area.
______________

Recall Knowledge, if applicable~

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

To get inside the tunnel, yeah - hands and knees.

The area surrounding the den is thick with more rotten trees, the bark stripping away unnaturally. Scratch and Gillian take a closer look at the mud around the den, and as they likely suspect, find lots of prints. Gillian knows they're clearly paw prints, but they're odd in that they seem to contain... extra toes?! Ed tries to spot any magical auras, but doesn't find any.

Peeking under the tree with the aid of dancing lights, Celvi can see that the tunnel is short and opens up to a room with a shimmering pool of oily water. She also notices movement inside, but it's hard to make out what's moving from here. Whatever it is doesn't seem to respond to the sudden burst of light. The movement on the inside seems to follow Scratch's movement outside as he examines the perimeter of the rotten tree.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Huh...paw prints, that ain't a big surprise. But it looks like these have, uh...extra toes? Pretty sure wolves don't have this many toes normally."

She glances around, scowling. "Might be a side effect of this blight or something..."


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Something's in there. And a pool of gunk is inside, too." Celvi peers inside. "So, ready to take a look in there? We'll get all of our answers about the multi footed friend here."

Celvi is ready to crawl down there.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"I would not be surprised if that pool was the source of, or at least one of the sources of that mutation. But I will need to get a closer look..."

Ed is ready to proceed here.

Horizon Hunters

2 people marked this as a favorite.
CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Scratch wanders the perimeter before making it back to the entrance to discuss the plan. "Huh, sounds like somethin' in there is ready to snap us up, or impregnate us with the blight of unholy blights... I got an idea if ya can give me a few minutes..."

He waves the others away from the entrance to discuss, just in case. "Any of ya ever had wood chucks in yer garden?" He looks at the group and quickly decides that was a poor example. "How about a nest of ants or bees ya wanted to 'deal with'?" That one may be a bit better.

"What I'm thinkin' is we try smokin' it out, whatevers in there. If we build a small smudge just inside the tunnel, then put some damp wood or leaves or whatever, then block up the entrance... BAM! Smokey DOOOOOM! Or at very least it runs on out right?" He looks around for some support as he draws out his well used flint and steel.

"Gotta gather up stuff to block airholes.. wads of wet leaves work good. I can use my blanket here at the entrance, its got a s&~* ton of singe holes already and a smoke bath might kill off a few pests anyhow."


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Seems like that plan may just work here," Ed responds uncertainly here, his lack of familiarity with the wilderness plain on his face.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi jumps up at the idea. "Sure, sounds exciting." She looks for some leaves.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Huh...that's actually a pretty good idea," Gillian nods. "And if it turns out we need to burn the thing down after all then we'll already be halfway there. Let's do it!"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Celvi considers getting down and crawling in to check out what's inside a little more closely, but Scratch insists on a more careful approach. He and Celvi work to gather any dead leaves from the bloodlash bushes, many of them rotten and soggy, and add in some twigs for good measure. Then the party looks around the tree for any gaps or broken roots where smoke might leak out, and pads them with the wet leaves. Finally, Scratch unfurls his sacrificial blanket at the entrance to the tunnel.

Let's make it a little more interesting though. Assuming you all participated in the grand plan, you may each make a Survival check to see how well the gaps were plugged before Scratch lights it up.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 3 HP: 29/29 | AC: 14 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +7 | Perc: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 0/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed goes over every inch of his area assigned to him, making sure the bush leaves are plugging every nook and crevasse....

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

...of course Ed forgot to look down at his feet.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 3 HP: 11/38 | AC: 17 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +7 | Perc: +7 | Stealth: +6 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 7/7 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Despite not being particularly skilled in the art of woodcraft or fire-building or anything of that nature, Gillian is, at the very least, observant when it comes to making sure all visible openings are plugged.

"If you're going to do something, may as well take the time to do it right if you can," she remarks as the group works.


Spells -/4/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 3 | Perception 5 | HP 32/32 | AC 16 | Saves 7/6/7 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 7

"There's something about a bonfire that gets the blood flowin'." Celvi is quite excited to do something, anything.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 3 HP: 35/49 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 20 | F: +10, R: +9, W: +9 | Perc: +9 | Speed: 25 ft. | Active Conditions:

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Make like a beaver and plug those breaches Edwin!" Commands Scratch as he gets things locked up pretty tight. "Those little beaver bastards may be half blind, dumb, and smell funny, but they sure know how to stop water up. Mud, leaves, sticks and rocks. Make it happen."

601 to 650 of 929 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2e] The Fall of Plaguestone - GM Red - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.