[PF2e] The Fall of Plaguestone

Game Master GM Red

Initiative (Perception):

[dice=Gillian]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Scratch]1d20+8[/dice
[dice=Ed]1d20+5[/dice
[dice=Celvi]1d20+4[/dice

Exploration Mode:

Ed: Detect Magic or Investigate (Recall Knowledge)
Gillian: Investigate (Recall Knowledge)
Celvi: Search (Perception +3)
Scratch: Search (Perception +7)


1 to 50 of 774 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Dot

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

It has been three days since you left Elidir, climbing into the back of one of Bort Bargith’s wagons bound for the faraway Andoran capital of Almas. The smiling caravan master cut your travel cost to only a handful of coppers, so long as you promised to protect the wagons should any trouble arise. Fortunately, your journey through the hinterlands of Isger has been quiet, even if the ride itself has been far from comfortable.

This part of Isger is sparsely populated, consisting of small rural farms and isolated communities. It is a temperate land, with frequent light rains and the rich smell of damp earth wafting on the pleasant breeze. The trail winds its way through the lowlands, passing along streams and through small forests.

As you broke camp this morning, Bort announced you should arrive at the town of Etran’s Folly by nightfall, and he promised a comfortable bed for the night as a reward for a long day’s travel. The caravan’s teamsters shared a chuckle between them, trading knowing glances and subtle nods, but soon enough you are on the road again, the wagon bouncing and creaking along the uneven trail.

Also traveling in the Caravan:

Along with the Caravan Master, Bort, accompanying you on the trip are five others:

Cooky, an old male elf, and the merchant caravan's resident cook. He always asks you to repeat yourself. Either he's hard of hearing, or just pretending not to hear.

Glunda Grapeleaf, a female gnome who you've seen spend more time speaking to the pack animals than anyone on the caravan, yourselves included.

Olf and Ulf Redfren, twin human Ulfen brothers who like to play pranks. They dress alike, and it's hard for you to tell who is Ulf and who is Olf.

Tamli Grent, a female half-orc and Bort's second in command. She carries a lock of hair on a leather cord around her neck, and has really only been seen talking to Bort during this trip. Well, other than barking the odd order to other members of the caravan.

Here we go! Feel free to introduce your characters, and we'll go from there. As you all know this is my first 2e game so I have no idea what I am doing. :)


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

None of the crewmates seem up for conversation. It's fine, Celvi's used to scaring people.

Performance: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Luckily her impromptu plays and one-gnome performances go well for anyone who cares. Once again, she's used to scaring people.

When it's time for bed, Celvi just pulls the hat over her eyes and snoozes the night away.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

As yet unused to being away from his home city of Elidir Edoveus feels ill-at ease, the scary visage of the spooky gnome doing little to pull him out of his shell, so to speak. Still, he supposed he should at least attempt to make conversation.

The next day he nervously approaches the feisty gnome woman and clears his throat, "Ahemmm, I wanted to introduce myself earlier but you had already retired for the evening. I am Edoveous Almar, but most people call me Ed. It is a pleasure to meet you, " he announces in a somewhat stilted tone. "Have you been traveling long?"


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi pulls her hat up and yawns. "Huh? Wha? Normally people keep their distance, especially after The Boiling Frog." She stands up. "What's for breakfast this time, anyway?"

Step one is food. Once the food is ready, she can be slightly more polite. "Ed, is it? My name's Celvi. Not many people like to converse with me. Bleaching does that to ya. If I don't travel and do something new, I'm gonna wither away, slowly." She takes another bite, wiping some juice off her pale skin.

"Humans are lucky, they don't live long enough to deal with that. Head to this town, host a few plays, get paid and move on to the next town. What about you, Ed?"


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Ahhh, yes, the Bleaching," Edoveus nods slowly as this lesson came back to him, "While humans do not suffer from such a condition we do, however, suffer from what my instructors call...Stagnation. Quite similar to what you go through no?" He sighs softly, "Or that is what my instructors have told me. 'Go and travel. Broaden your horizons. Learn more of this world. And so here I am."

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Under a fluffed up pile of leaves in the back of an uncovered wagon, the sounds of snoring can be heard. Snoring and the occasional Dwarven mutterings mixed in.

Dwarven:

"Wooo... fruggin'... wooo... goblins... weeee... greenskins... woooo..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"I don't know if it's the same. Your skin doesn't turn pale, for instance. You don't spend your days bored. You don't feel like... giving up." Celvi shrugs. "But yeah, you might get bored."

Celvi grabs a spoonful of soup and spills it when she hears a sudden burst of snoring. She tosses the spoon at the dwarven source, annoyed. "Hey! Some of us are trying to eat here!"

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Out of the leaves an old rusted helm with a gray beard pops up slowly... seeming to belong to a Dwarf. Leaves, grass, and dirt stick out of the man's raggedy facial hair. With a half sleepy yawn and a rumble of his stomach he sounds interested "Breakfast? I could eat.. what's on the menu? Horse or Mule... I like both."

He slides ahead and dumps himself out of the pile and on to the ground, slowly standing up and stretching. You can see a rough suit of mismatched hides covering his chest and torso as well as a battle axe on his belt. He glances around at the others and nods "Call me Scratch. Scratch Steeltoe."

Good, the goblin's haven't infested this group yet.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Won't get very far if we eat our transport," remarks a young woman who sits with her legs and feet dangling off the end of one of the wagons, a bowl of the gruel that passes for breakfast in her hands. She glances down at said bowl, frowning. You can see slightly-pointed ears peeking out through a mess of short, dark hair.

"But if it'd make this taste any better it might be worth having to hoof it on foot. Cooky tries but there's only so much a body can do to spruce up oatmeal."

She then looks up, shrugging. "Ah well, I've had worse. Anyway, name's Gillian Flynn, since we're all feeling sociable today."


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Edoveus Almar. A pleasure to meet you Miss Flynn," Ed nods in greeting to the pretty woman. I see she has elf blood in her. Must be an interesting story... "What brings you out on the road with the rest of...us?"


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Well Ed, the long and the short of it is that I'm in need of new employment," Gillian replies, taking a rather unenthused bite of her oatmeal. "Used to work as a battle medic back home in Mendev. I'm sure I don't have to explain why. But now that the battling's pretty well done, my talents aren't in near as much demand as they used to be."

She takes another mechanical bite.

"Not that I'm complaining, mind you. With that gaping Abyssal a&!*!!$& all closed up, maybe now the land and the people can heal. Still, a woman's got to eat and the commander of the unit I served in suggested that maybe it'd do me some good to get away from Mendev for a time....so here I am."

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

"You're in for a treat, then!" Ulf Redren says through a breathy laugh. "Accommodations in Plaguestone are..."

"Stinky. Smelly." Olf, the more hoarse-voiced of the twins, finishes.

"Better off sleeping on the ground," Ulf laughs.

"Don't call it that," Glunda, the animal-loving gnome, lashes back at the twins. She pets the cat curled up in her lap lovingly. "Etran's Folly is a fine place, isn't it, Vanilla? What do you think, girl? That's right, Vanilla, don't let these people scare you. Such a good girl, yes you are! "

...

Late in the afternoon

"Up ahead is Plaguestone," Bort shouts from the front of the wagon. No sooner does the call fade from his lips than it is overshadowed by a series of long, mournful howls emanating from the woods to either side of the caravan. Moments later, you hear cries of panic as a pack of mangy wolves descends from the forest with teeth bared!

First PF2 combat (for me, at least), coming up! :O

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Scratch's Perception isn't on his sheet, but I believe it would be +1+4+2 (Expert Perception proficiency + Wisdom mod)

More than a dozen wolves surround the caravan, with three of them approaching the wagon you're seated on.

Perception:

Gillian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Ed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Scratch: 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 4 + 2 = 27
Celvi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Orange: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Round 1
-----------------------------
Scratch
Blue wolf
Ed, Gillian
Red wolf, Orange wolf
Celvi
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Scratch is up!

___
Helpful links..
PF2 Basic Actions


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

"Everyone's ready to talk, eh?" Celvi stands up to speak, only for the world to turn black around her. She stumbles for a moment before closing her eyes and shaking her head for a bit. It takes a bit, but her vision and hearing returns.

"Huh? What's going on out there?" She seems completely dumbfounded as wolves approach.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Scratch leans on the rail of the wagon and pushes his helmet back up his forehead, raising a gray eyebrow at the wolves "Looks like Taylor's got some work to do he does. I'm gunna shoot the eye right outta that blue flea bag, just watch n learn how a' Steeltoe does it!"

Ok this is gonna take some getting used to, but I'll paste all the relevant abilities here so we can all familiarize ourselves with them.

I'm assuming we're standing on the backs, or were able to stand for free... First action is manipulate object: Draw Taylor my Crossbow

Action 2: Hunt Prey/Monster Hunter Feat: Recall Knowledge: Nature? vs BLUE: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Action 3: Fire! er.. Ranged Strike! + Precision vs BLUE: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + (7) = 11

Hunt Prey:

Hunt Prey: Single Action: When you focus your attention on a single foe, you become unstoppable in your pursuit. You gain the Hunt Prey action. Source Core Rulebook pg. 168. You designate a single creature as your prey and focus your attacks against that creature. You must be able to see or hear the prey, or you must be tracking the prey during exploration.

You gain a +2 circumstance bonus to Perception checks when you Seek your prey and a +2 circumstance bonus to Survival checks when you Track your prey. You also ignore the penalty for making ranged attacks within your second range increment against the prey you’re hunting.

You can have only one creature designated as your prey at a time. If you use Hunt Prey against a creature when you already have a creature designated, the prior creature loses the designation and the new prey gains the designation. Your designation lasts until your next daily preparations.

Monster Hunter Feat:

Monster Hunter Feat 1
Ranger
Source Core Rulebook pg. 171
You swiftly assess your prey and apply what you know. As part of the action used to Hunt your Prey, you can attempt a check to Recall Knowledge about your prey. When you critically succeed at identifying your hunted prey with Recall Knowledge, you note a weakness in the creature’s defenses. You and allies you tell gain a +1 circumstance bonus to your next attack roll against that prey. You can give bonuses from Monster Hunter only once per day against a particular creature.

Precision:

Precision
Source Core Rulebook pg. 168
You have trained to aim for your prey’s weak points. The first time you hit your hunted prey in a round, you also deal 1d8 additional precision damage. (Precision damage increases the damage you already deal, using the same type, but is ineffective against creatures that lack vital organs or weak points.) At 11th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8 precision damage, and at 19th level, the extra damage increases to 3d8 precision damage.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

It's obvious that the creatures are wolves, but Scratch can't quite recall what they might be capable of from a first glance.

His knowledge (or lack thereof) doesn't hinder his efforts! He aims his crossbow, notches a bolt and lets it fly, watching as it impales the wolf's skull. The mangy wolf slumps over.

The remaining wolves snarl with hunger, and you watch as another wolf harassing a wagon ahead is tossed aside from the bonecrunching smash of Ulf Redren's warhammer.

Round 1
-----------------------------
Scratch
Ed, Gillian
Red wolf, Orange wolf
Celvi
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Ed & Gillian are up!

___
Helpful links..
PF2 Basic Actions

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

"HA! Told ya us Steeltoe's are good at this stuff, old or not!" He grins, showing a set of well worn and green chompers. Well, most of them at least are still there.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed is nearly paralysed by the sudden attack of the feral wolves here...They did not say travel would be this exciting! He thinks crazily as he quickly summons the only magical cantrip he has prepared.

Quickly gesturing he utters an arcane phrase and a rolling ball of flame appears in his hand, which he then flings at the orange-furred wolf!

Actions (2): Cast Produce Flame.
Action #3: Spell Attack vs. Orange wolf: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Fire damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Produce Flame Cantrip 1:

Cantrip 1
Pages in Spellbook: 1 (Spellbook)
Attack, Cantrip, Evocation, Fire
Traditions: Arcane, Primal
Cast: [2] somatic, verbal
Range: 30 feet
Targets: 1 creature
A small ball of flame appears in the palm of your hand, and you lash out with it either in melee or at range. Make a spell attack roll against your target’s AC. This is normally a ranged attack, but you can also make a melee attack against a creature in your unarmed reach. On a success, you deal 1d4 fire damage plus your spellcasting ability modifier. On a critical success, the target takes double damage and 1d4 persistent fire damage.
Heightened (+1) Increase the damage by 1d4 and the persistent damage on a critical hit by 1d4.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Wolves! They'll not make an easy meal of us," Gillian scowls as she attempts to recall any useful information about wolves and how to deal with them.

Recall Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She then quickly reaches into her pack and pulls out a tiny bag and a vial, dumping the contents of said vial into the bag. Then, after giving it a good shake, Gillian brings her arm back and flings the bag at the Red Wolf!

Tanglefoot Bag (Lesser) vs. Red Wolf: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Tanglefoot Bag (Lesser):

A tanglefoot bag is filled with sticky substances.

When you hit a creature with a tanglefoot bag, that creature takes a status penalty to its Speeds for 1 minute.

Many types of tanglefoot bag also grant an item bonus on attack rolls.

On a critical hit, a creature in contact with a solid surface becomes stuck to the surface and immobilized for 1 round, and a creature flying via wings has its wings tangled, causing it to fall safely to the ground and become unable to Fly again for 1 round. Tanglefoot bags are not effective when used on a creature that is in water.

The target can end any effects by Escaping or spending a total of 3 Interact actions to carefully remove the sticky substances. These Interact actions don’t have to be consecutive, and other creatures can provide the actions as well.

Type lesser; Level 1; Price 3 gp

The target takes a –10-foot penalty, and the Escape DC is 17.


______________

Recall Knowledge (One Action)
Quick Alchemy (One Action)
Strike w/ Tanglefoot Bag (One Action)


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Realizing that someone else may be observing the wagoons Ed quickly scans the area looking for additional threats.

Use Seek action.

SEEK (ONE-ACTION):
Concentrate Secret
You scan an area for signs of creatures or objects. If you’re looking for creatures, choose an area you’re scanning. If precision is necessary, the GM can have you select a 30-foot cone or a 15-foot burst within line of sight. You might take a penalty if you choose an area that’s far away.

If you’re using Seek to search for objects (including secret doors and hazards), you search up to a 10-foot square adjacent to you. The GM might determine you need to Seek as an activity, taking more actions or even minutes or hours if you’re searching a particularly cluttered area.

The GM attempts a single secret Perception check for you and compares the result to the Stealth DCs of any undetected or hidden creatures in the area or the DC to detect each object in the area (as determined by the GM or by someone Concealing the Object). A creature you detect might remain hidden, rather than becoming observed, if you’re using an imprecise sense or if an effect (such as invisibility) prevents the subject from being observed.

Critical Success If you were searching for creatures, any undetected or hidden creature you critically succeeded against becomes observed by you. If you were searching for an object, you learn its location.

Success If you were searching for creatures, any undetected creature you succeeded against becomes hidden from you instead of undetected, and any hidden creature you succeeded against becomes observed by you. If you were searching for an object, you learn its location or get a clue to its whereabouts, as determined by the GM.

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Two things I'm noticing, but please correct me if you find otherwise. 1. The flat-footed before acting in combat rule no longer exists. 2. There is no such thing as Touch AC anymore.

Ed holds out his palm, and a little ball of flame shows up in it. He tosses it out at the wolf, but the wagon shifts at the worst moment, throwing off his aim.

Secret Rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
CW: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Ed, Results of seek:

There's still rustling in the trees to the east, as if something else is moving through them. You think you caught a glimpse of a slightly larger creature with mottled white fur.

Gillian thinks hard to recall what she can about the wolves as well, but alas, even she isn't sure what they're capable of. She winds up a tanglefoot bag and tosses it, watching as it melts around the wolf's paws, hindering its movements.

.. But it angers the wolf, and it pushes forward, even with paws glued, and chomps up at Gillian's ankle!
Jaws: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Its fangs sink into her flesh, and she watches as a cloud of fleas happily march from the wolf's filthy mouth onto her leg.

The other wolf rushes Celvi, snapping at her foot, and eats up one of her toes. Ow.
Jaws: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Gillian and Celvi need DC 14 Fortitude Saves or are sickened 1 for 1 minute. On their turns, they can also spend an Interact action to scratch away the fleas and remove the condition.

Round 1
-----------------------------
Scratch
Ed, Gillian (-7)
Red wolf, Orange wolf
Celvi (-4)
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Celvi is up!


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Fort Save, DC 14: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"Yowch!" Celvi comes to attention when a wolf starts biting her. "You mangy mutt! Do you know who you are dealing with?"

Celvi casts Fear (on page 337) to plant fear into the wolf's mind. This takes 2 actions. Spell DC is 17 (10 + level 1 + trained 2 + cha bonus 4)
Celvi stands up, if she hasn't already. Otherwise she draws a club.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"Hey I think there is another...err...something...uhhh...Watch your backs!"

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Rolls:

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

The wolf howls as Celvi plagues its mind with fearful thoughts.

Just as Ed finishes calling his warning, another wolf emerges from the trees. This one is clearly the leader of the pack, given its larger size. It snaps at the air viciously, slobber flying from its mouth as it gazes up at you with piercing red eyes.

Round 2
-----------------------------
Scratch
Ed, Gillian (-7)

Red wolf, Green caustic wolf, Orange wolf (frightened 1)
Celvi (-4)
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Scratch, Ed, and Gillian is up!

__
Celvi can draw her club. Wow, the 'Frightened' status is very different than PF1

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Scratch whistles as the larger wolf makes his presence known "OOOoeey! Look at that pup there! Pelts like that fetch a good price don't they Taylor? That they do, that they do..." He says to himself as he works to reload the bolt action crossbow with the lever. He gets a good look at the newcomer and fires off a bolt at it.

Reload action 1.
Action 2: Hunt Prey/Monster Hunter Feat: Recall Knowledge: Nature? vs Green New Guy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Action 3: Fire! er.. Ranged Strike! + Precision vs BLUE: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d8 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + (8) = 9

I've made a few changes to Scratch but I'll keep them as they were for the remainder of the fight. My character sheet has changed but most is the same minus some skills and my feats. I'll start applying those after the combat.


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

"I am not sure I would refer to such a...creature as a...PUP, Master Steeltoe!" Ed replies in an uncertain tone. Seeing the mangy wolf was indeed the largest threat here driving it away or killing it may cause the other wolves to flee...he hoped. Summing his most powerful magicks he sends a trio of magical bolts into the foul beast!

Cast a Spell (x3 Action) Magic Missile, Force damage vs. Green wolf: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 3 = 10

Magic Missile:

Spell 1
Evocation, Force
Traditions: Arcane, Occult
Cast: [1 to 3] somatic, verbal
Range: 120 feet
Targets: 1 creature
You send a dart of force streaking toward a creature that you can see. It automatically hits and deals 1d4+1 force damage. For each additional action you use when Casting the Spell, increase the number of missiles you shoot by one, to a maximum of three missiles for 3 actions. You choose the target for each missile individually. If you shoot more than one missile at the same target, combine the damage before applying bonuses or penalties to damage, resistances, weaknesses, and so forth.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Fort (DC 14): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"Rggh...that smarts," Gillian gasps, eyes watering with pain as the wolf sinks its teeth into the flesh of her calf and ankle. She can also feel the fleas leaping onto her but there's little time to worry about it now; she reaches for her dagger and attempts to jam it into the wolf's shoulder once, twice!

Strike vs. Red (Dagger): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Strike vs. Red (Dagger): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 1
______________

Interact (Draw Weapon) - One Action
Strike x2 - Two Actions

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Scratch:
This wolf you definitely recognize. It's a Caustic Wolf, and it's known to be able to breathe acid! It can also let out a terrifying howl, demoralizing all of its nearby enemies.

After Scratch is finished sizing up the new, more burly wolf, he aims his crossbow and lets a bolt fly... but watches as it sails into the trees. Ed winds up a triple threat of magic missiles and releases them, all three bursting against the wolf's coat in a cloud of fur and wolf guts.

Gillian is made nauseous by the fleas infesting her wound, but she leans down and cuts a gash in the nearest wolf anyway.

The newer wolf approaches and opens its jaws wide, releasing a terrifying howl. All of the teamsters groan as fear fills their minds. "Get it away.. Get it away!" Bort screams.

Intimidation: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 4 = 21
Roll a DC 21 Will save or become frightened 1. Critically fail and become frightened 2.

Meanwhile, the two ordinary wolves circle the wagon, and soon continue their ankle-crushing.
Jaws vs Ed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Jaws vs Ed: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 5 = 6
Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 5 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Scratch feels the wolf's fangs scratch his leg, not enough to be deadly, but enough to be annoying.

Annoying like that pun :P DC 14 Fort Save or fleas!

Round 3
-----------------------------
Scratch (-3)
Ed, Gillian (-7, sickened 1)

Red wolf (-1), Green caustic wolf (-10), Orange wolf
Celvi (-4)
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Everyone is up!

__

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Will Vs Fear, DC21: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Will vs Fleas, Fear 1, DC14: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 1 = 20

"Ah crap, how'd you miss 'im? He's right in front of you Taylor!" Grumbles the old Dwarf as he tries to pull his leg back from the other wolf, shaking the fleas off as he does.

I gotta put that bastard down bafore he spooks the horses!

Ya that fear is different. Was that basically an intimidate check which sets the DC?

He drops Taylor to the floor of the wagon and draws out a hatchet, studies up on the orange wolf, and hacks at that wolf on his leg with the axe.

Hatchet, Precision, Frightened 1: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 201d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (1) = 4
Is there a thing such as 'high ground' now?


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Will Save DC 21: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Ed, now feeling a little panicked here, decides to try something new here. He casts another spell hoping to slow down the wolf pestering Gillian...

Cast a Spell (2 actions) Daze on Red Wolf. It takes 3 Mental damage and needs to make a DC 13 Will save. If it critically fails then it is also Stunned 1.

Daze Cantrip 1:

Cantrip 1
Pages in Spellbook: 1 (Spellbook)
Cantrip, Enchantment, Mental, Nonlethal
Traditions: Arcane, Divine, Occult
Cast: [2] somatic, verbal
Range: 60 feet
Targets: 1 creature
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Will Save
You cloud the target’s mind and daze it with a mental jolt. The jolt deals mental damage equal to your spell casting ability modifier; the target must attempt a basic Will save. If the target critically fails the save, it is also stunned 1.


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

"Bah! You call that a howl?" Celvi laughs. "Kill these wolves already. They're ruining breakfast!" Celvi focuses and casts Bless (Page 321) before dropping her club and drawing her crossbow.

Blessings from beyond help your companions strike true. You and your allies in the area gain a +1 status bonus to attack rolls. Once per turn, starting the turn after you cast bless, you can use a single action, which has the concentrate trait, to increase the emanation’s radius by 5 feet. Bless can counteract bane.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Will (DC 21; Sickened 1): 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 - 1 = 20

"Oh...oh boy..." Gillian gulps, clearly a bit rattled by the eerie howling as well as looking rather green around the gills. She suddenly shoves a finger down her throat...

Fort (DC 14; Sickened 1, Frightened 1): 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 = 17

...and forces herself to retch with a loud *HRRKKK*. But strangely enough it seems to have done the trick as she looks much less green as she straightens back up and attempts to stab the Red Wolf again.

Strike vs. Red (Dagger; Bless, Frightened 1): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 21
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Strike vs. Red (Dagger; Bless, Frightened 1): 1d20 + 0 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 0 + 1 - 1 = 7
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sickened:

You feel ill. Sickened always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to this value on all your checks and DCs. You can’t willingly ingest anything—including elixirs and potions—while sickened.

You can spend a single action retching in an attempt to recover, which lets you immediately attempt a Fortitude save against the DC of the effect that made you sickened. On a success, you reduce your sickened value by 1 (or by 2 on a critical success).


______________

Forced Retching (One Action)
Strike x2 (Two Actions)

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Not seeing any rules on high ground...

Scratch swaps weapons, and even after being frightened, manages to cleave out a chunk of wolf meat this time.

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Ed focuses on the wolf, staring deep into is eyes as he weaves a spell... The wolf howls frantically as its thoughts are twisted, and where it saw humanoids, it now sees horrific sights much larger than itself. It's stunned in place!

Gillian plunges her dagger into another wolf's side, the wolf snapping back at Ed as he tries to defend her.
Jaws vs Ed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Jaws vs Ed: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 5 = 9
Jaws vs Ed: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 10 = 3
Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 5 = 191d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 10 = 6

Despite both Ed and Scratch hopping up to pull their legs away, the wolves manage to get a hold of them and chew through their flesh!

The more dangerous wolf shakes off his stun, and circles around the wagon to the opposite side.

Stunned:
You’ve become senseless. You can’t act while stunned.
Stunned usually includes a value, which indicates how
many total actions you lose, possibly over multiple turns,
from being stunned. Each time you regain actions (such
as at the start of your turn), reduce the number you regain
by your stunned value, then reduce your stunned value
by the number of actions you lost. For example, if you
were stunned 4, you would lose all 3 of your actions on
your turn, reducing you to stunned 1; on your next turn,
you would lose 1 more action, and then be able to use
your remaining 2 actions normally. Stunned might also
have a duration instead of a value, such as “stunned for
1 minute.” In this case, you lose all your actions for the
listed duration.

Round 4
-----------------------------
Scratch (-9)
Ed (-5), Gillian (-7)

Red wolf (-3), Green caustic wolf (-17), Orange wolf
Celvi (-4)
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Everyone is up!

__


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed definitely is in a panicked state now, as he desperately recalls his magical missile spell then brings up a defensive spell, then follows that up by grabbing his staff and clonks the wolf upside the head!

Action (free): Drain Bonded Item.
Action 1: Cast a Spell (Shield). Counts as using the Raise a Shield action, giving you a +1 circumstance bonus to AC until the start of your next turn.
Action 2: Interact (draw staff).
Action 3: Strike vs. Red (Staff): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14; Bludgeon damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Drain Bonded Item (1/day) (Class, Wizard):

Traits: Arcane, Wizard
Free Action
Frequency: once per day
Requirements: You haven’t acted yet on your turn.
You expend the power stored in your bonded item. This gives you the ability to cast one spell you prepared today and already cast, without spending a spell slot. You must still Cast the Spell and meet the spell’s other requirements.

Shield Cantrip 1::

Cantrip 1
Pages in Spellbook: 1 (Spellbook)
Abjuration, Cantrip, Force
Traditions: Arcane, Divine, Occult
Cast: [1] verbal
Duration: until the start of your next turn
You raise a magical shield of force. This counts as using the Raise a Shield action, giving you a +1 circumstance bonus to AC until the start of your next turn, but it doesn’t require a hand to use. While the spell is in effect, you can use the Shield Block reaction with your magic shield (see below). The shield has Hardness 5. After you use Shield Block, the spell ends and you can’t cast it again for 10 minutes. Unlike a normal Shield Block, you can use the spell’s reaction against the magic missile spell.
Heightening the spell increases the shield’s Hardness.
Heightened (3rd) The shield has Hardness 10.
Heightened (5th) The shield has Hardness 15.
Heightened (7th) The shield has Hardness 20.
Heightened (9th) The shield has Hardness 25.
SHIELD ACTIONS
The shield spell works like a raised shield, and it also gives you
the ability to use the Shield Block reaction.
SHIELD BLOCK [reaction]
Trigger While you have your shield raised, you take damage from
a physical attack.
You place your shield to ward off a blow. Your shield prevents you from taking an amount of damage up to the shield’s Hardness. You and the shield each take any remaining damage, possibly breaking or destroying the shield.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

So no knowledge from these wolves? Curious how it goes now. Also I think you forgot to add in the -4 damage to orange from my last attack.

The fear fades from Scratch as he tries to finish off that flea bag that keeps snacking on his ankle. "This one's hide ain't hardly gonna be worth a flask of rotgut!" He grumbles as he draws out his clan dagger and swings his hatchet twice.

Hatchet, Precision, Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 = 121d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (4) = 11
Hatchet, Bless: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 41d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

His attacks look more like swimming than anything though.

Edited, thanks Chad.


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Don't forget the +1 from Bless, it lasts for 1 minute.

Celvi loads her crossbow just as a wolf comes up and snaps at her. "Oh, you want some more, eh?" She begins casting Daze (Page 327) and points at the green wolf. "Makes no difference to me. Maybe wolf meat tastes good!"

Daze: You cloud the target’s mind and daze it with a mental jolt. The jolt deals mental damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier; the target must attempt a basic Will save. If the target critically fails the save, it is also stunned 1.

Spell DC is 17.
Daze is a bloodline spell, so Celvi can use her Blood Magic on it. The general description is on page 195, and her Hag bloodline blood magic is on page 198.

Blood Magic Spiteful curses punish your foes. The first creature that deals damage to you before the end of your next turn takes 2 mental damage per spell level and must attempt a basic Will save.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

Unwilling to move and risk allowing the wolves to surround herself or one of her other traveling companions Gillian continues to stab wildly at the Red Wolf in front of her...

Strike vs. Red (Dagger; Bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Strike vs. Red (Dagger; Bless): 1d20 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 0 + 1 = 18
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 1

Strike vs. Red (Dagger; Bless): 1d20 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) - 4 + 1 = 15
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

What's Celvi's spellcaster ability mod? 4?

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
It's as if an invisible punch hits the green wolf, as it flinches from the pain of Celvi's mental blast. Both Ed and Scratch swing wide. Gillian's wild stabs prove to be more accurate, and she tears open two more fresh wounds in the wolf, which looks like it may collapse any second...

The three wolves continue to snap at you, while other wolves further ahead harass your caravan-mates.

Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 231d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Another DC 14 flea save
Jaws vs Ed: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Acid damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The three wolves circle around the caravan again. One leaps and grabs Scratch's foot, chewing through his toes. The other gets a hold of Ed and pulls him prone.

Knockdown:
KNOCKDOWN [one-action]
Requirements The animal companion’s last action was a
successful jaws Strike.
The wolf automatically knocks the target of its jaws Strike prone

Ulf and Olf Redren look on from further up with worry as Ed is pulled down. "Hey! Quit messing around and smash some wolves! If we have to help you, you're buying us a round!" He shouts as his warhammer shatters another wolf's skull.

Round 5
-----------------------------
Scratch (-9)
Ed (-11, prone), Gillian (-7)

Red wolf (-7), Green caustic wolf (-17), Orange wolf (-4)
Celvi (-4)
-----------------------------

Combat Map


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed gasps as the wolf moves to bite at his ankles! Desperately he raises his magical shield in an attempt to ward off the blow...

Ed uses Shield Block as a Reaction. The Shield will block 5 points of damage, which would be enough to ward off the physical damage.
.
SHIELD BLOCK [reaction]
Trigger: While you have your shield raised, you take damage from a physical attack.
You place your shield to ward off a blow. Your shield prevents you from taking an amount of damage up to the shield’s Hardness. You and the shield each take any remaining damage, possibly breaking or destroying the shield.

Horizon Hunters

CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Fort vs Fleas, DC14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Distracted by the thump of Ed on the wagon floor, Scratch misses seeing some fleas crawl up his sleeve and disappear into his hide armor. He spits at the wolf and hacks a couple more times then raises his clan dagger to help deflect the next incoming attack. 19AC this round

Hatchet, Precision, Bless: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Hatchet, Bless: 1d20 + 5 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 - 4 + 1 = 171d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (6) = 13

"Oh ya, that big green wolf can breath acid, just so you know.. maybe we should spread out?" He says as he pulls his hatchet out of the orange wolf's skull.


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Yup, spellcasting mod is 4.

Celvi climbs off of the cart. "Fine, I'll make some space." She carefully Steps off the cart.

Then she casts Telekinetic Projectile (Page 377) and lifts a rock before hurling it at the green wolf.

Bonk!: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Ed quickly decides discretion is the better part of valor he crawls away from the action before staggering to his feet.

Actions: Crawl 10' (x2), Stand Up.


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Breathe acid!? S@%$..." Gillian huffs as Ed swiftly crawls away from Green and Red. She shifts her focus to Green, taking a stab at it with her dagger...

Strike vs. Green (Dagger; Bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 3

...and then another...

Strike vs. Green (Dagger; Bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Damage (Piercing): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Shift this attack/these attacks to Red if Celvi happens to drop Green with her projectile~

...before hopping off the wagon and moving a few paces away, attempting to spread out as Scratch suggested.
______________

Strike x2 (Two Actions)
Stride (One Action)

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Ed raises his shield, and half of the wolf's jaws instead close around it, allowing him to avoid most of the injury. The wizard crawls away from the hungry wolves, and gets to his feet.

Scratch digs the last of the fleas from his wound, and, feeling a lot better, smashes the wolf's skull open with his hatchet!

Celvi lobs a heavy rock at the wolf's sides, an audible crunch ringing out from its ribs, yet it fights on.... And Gillian can't quite seem to hit it.

The wolves again circle the wagon, one lunging at Celvi, and another at Scratch.
Wolf Jaws vs Scratch: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 311d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Crit: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Acid: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Wolf Jaws vs Celvi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Blood pours from Scratch's leg as the wolf's teeth sink through to his bone. The wolf drags him back, and knocks him prone.

Luckily, Celvi escapes any harm!

Round 6
-----------------------------
Scratch (-19, prone)
Ed (-6), Gillian (-7)

Red wolf (-7), Green caustic wolf (-22)
Celvi (-4)
-----------------------------

Combat Map

Tough fight for Level 1 PCs, but keep at it...!


LG Human Male Wizard (Universalist) 2 HP: 22/22 | AC: 14 | F: +4, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Spells (1st): 1/3 | Active Conditions: Mage Armor

Now that Ed has recovered from his 'trip' he focuses his energies here calling on his magic. Soon another trio of missiles slam into the green alpha wolf!

Cast a Spell (x3 Action) Magic Missile, Force damage vs. Green wolf: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 2) + 3 = 11


NG Half-Elf Female Alchemist 2 HP: 10/28 | AC: 16 | F: +8, R: +7, W: +6 | Perc: +6 | Stealth: +5 | Speed: 25 ft. | Infused Reagents: 2/6 | Hero Points: 0 | Active Conditions:

"Whoa whoa hey, you don't want to eat him, it'd be like eating beef jerky," Gillian quickly interjects as she moves next to Scratch and attempts to bandage him up...

(Battle Medicine)

Battle Medicine (DC 15): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Scratch HP: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 4) = 12

...and manages to staunch the majority of his wounds! She then takes another stab at Green for good measure.

Strike vs. Green (Dagger; Bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
______________

Stride (One Action)
Battle Medicine (One Action)
Strike (One Action)

If Ed's missiles kill Green, Gillian will instead Stride up to Red for her third action~

Sovereign Court

Plaguestone (Loot) ◆ Hell's Rebels (Maps/Slides) (Loot, Tracker, Rumors) ◆

Ed waggles his fingers, and out pop not one, not two, but three glowing red missiles. With a wave of his hand, he directs them at the acid-spitting wolf, and the trio blast into its head all at once, knocking it unconscious.

Seeing the big wolf dead, Gillian strides around the wagon and as she turns the corner, she leaps and plunges her dagger down through the remaining wolf's head, killing it instantly.

As they turn to notice the dead alpha wolf, the other wolves fighting your caravan mates all start to yelp and flee back into the woods.

Out of combat!

There's panting all around as the teamsters look each other over for wounds. "Well s*~!! Stupid wolves," the Redren brothers curse. "Don't call them stupid. Animals are friends. They were angry. We should not have killed them." Glunda the animal-loving gnome grumbles.

"Hey! You guys okay?" Bort and Tamli rush to check on you and the others. "Damn wolves! We weren't that far off either!"


Spells -/3 | Focus Pool 1 | Female Gnome Sorcerer (Hag) 2 | Perception 4 |Bless (15 ft) HP 24/24 | AC 15 | Saves 6/5/6 (+1 vs Illusions) |

Celvi lowers her hand and catches the pebble she was about to toss. "Angry wolves like biting my feet. So I bit back." She dusts her top hat.

"Anyway. I'm gonna eat more soup before it gets cold." Celvi climbs right onto the cart to look for more breakfast.

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Dwarven Male Ranger 2 HP: 11/36 | Temp HP: 0 | AC: 19 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +6 | Perc: +8 | Speed: 20 ft. | Active Conditions: Barkskin, Broken Armor (-8/16)

Scratch drags himself back to his feet spitting and sputtering something about wolves getting the best of a Steeltoe, not ever. "Ya ya, I'm good thanks ta these Ladies and Ed there." He picks up Taylor and reloads him, stowing him back on his back. "We didn't attack them, they attacked us. Musta been hungry or somethin'? If ya want I can try trackin' 'em a bit.. well after we eat and treat these bites."

"I'll get us some good backstraps off them wolves n we can eat a decent breakfast. Nothin' wrong with eatin' the loser of a fight, they'd have done the same ta us!" He hops down and drags out his clan dagger and gets to work getting the best meat he can from the dead carcasses... minus the acid spewing wolf.

Trained: Survival: Subsist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Forger Skill Feat:

Forager Skill Feat: Source Core Rulebook pg. 261. Prerequisites trained in Survival
While using Survival to Subsist, if you roll any result worse than a success, you get a success. On a success, you can provide subsistence living for yourself and four additional creatures, and on a critical success, you can take care of twice as many creatures as on a success.

Each time your proficiency rank in Survival increases, double the number of additional creatures you can take care of on a success (to eight if you’re an expert, 16 if you’re a master, or 32 if you’re legendary). You can choose to care for half the number of additional creatures and provide a comfortable living instead of subsistence living. Multiple smaller creatures or creatures with significantly smaller appetites than a human are counted as a single creature for this feat, and larger creatures or those with significantly greater appetites each count as multiple creatures. The GM determines how much a non-human creature needs to eat.

Afterwards he tends the rest of his wounds the best he can.
Medicine DC15: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 182d8 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10

1 to 50 of 774 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PF2e] The Fall of Plaguestone - GM Red - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.