Dungeon Master S's "The Fall of Plaguestone"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS
HANDOUTS | CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | LOCATIONS

Default Exploration Mode:

[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Penryn]d20+7[/dice] ()
[dice=Cilik]d20+5[/dice] Perception (T)
[dice=Lucky]d20+7[/dice] Avoid Notice (T)
[dice=Jasper]d20+7[/dice] Cover Tracks (T)
[dice=Elvanthain]d20[/dice] ???
[dice=Blodgett]d20+4[/dice] Sense Direction (T)

*If you do not make a specific post (with referenced skill and modifier) this will be the assumed action and initiative roll.

Perception:

[dice=Kaleb]d20+7[/dice] (E)
[dice=Penryn]d20+7[/dice] (E)
[dice=Cilik]d20+5[/dice] (T)
[dice=Blodgett]d20+6[/dice] (T)
[dice=Jasper]d20+7[/dice] (T)
[dice=Elvanthain]d20[/dice] ???


1 to 50 of 581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Place your new-fangled second edition arcane mark here!

Liberty's Edge

Gnome Wizard/6, Pathfinder Field Savant/7 (HP: 98/98) | Init: +8 | AC: 16 T: 15, FF: 13 | Perception +23| F: +10, R: +11, W: +16 | CMB: +4 | CMD: 18 (15FF) | 1* reroll

Begus 2.0 or something different but of the wizarding type thing.


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

Pirate Rob here.


DM | Tracker | Trailblazers' Bounty

I’ll think of something to dot here later.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

....You are traveling in the caravan of Bort Bargith, from Elidir in Isger to Almas in Andoran. Your next stop is Etran’s Folly, which has little to offer other than a convenient blip on the map for this trip.

Since the start of your journey, you've learn a bit about the others in the caravan, some more than others.

Once you have a character to post, by all means begin role-playing and I'll engage so you can get to know your fellow travelers.

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

Penryn sighs quietly to himself for the thousandth time as the caravan makes its lumbering way south. I can’t believe I went all the way to Elidir to find that drunken oread who owes a pile of money to Haigen and his boys, and I never even found the stone-skulled bastard. And now I’m headed back to Absalom with nothing to show for it, and no chance of getting paid. Still, at least I’m getting to see a bit more of the world...

Penryn is a few inches taller than your average halfling, with brown hair and dark brown eyes, and a fearsome scar cutting across one side of his mouth. His lean frame is clad in worn leathers, and a serviceable bow rests on the wagon beside him. A knife and small, businesslike mace hang from his belt.

His eyes give a quick scan of the surrounding countryside, and it’s clear that his wary city-boy ways have translated well to the hazards of Isger’s sparsely-populated and bandit-infested countryside. Satisfied that there’s no immediate threat, Penryn glances around at his fellow travelers, thinking how odd it is that the caravan has almost every kind of person working for it, when so many of the paying customers are halflings.

Turning to the halfling sitting behind him on the wagon, he gives a quick nod of greeting and says, ”I never took the time to introduce myself. I’m Penryn, folks call me Penny. And before you say you’ve met me before, you probably met my twin brother, Goldwyn. ‘Course, folks call him Goldy. He’s a bailiff for the High Court of Absalom. I’m not.”

As he speaks, Penryn notes one of the caravan guards walking past and offers a greeting, ”Hey there, Olf. Or Ulf. Which one are you today?”


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Olf, "Twin joke?"
Ulf, "Sounds like a twin joke."
Olf, "you funny?"
Ulf, "He thinks he's funny."
They look at each other sternly. Then they simultaneously burst out laughing.
Both, "You're funny!"

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

"You know, I'm a twin too," Penryn says mildly. "And Penryn and Goldwyn sound enough alike to confuse most folks as to our names, especially when they're mostly just lookin' at the tops of our heads. But we were more likely to bash each other heads in than finish each other's sentences like you two, so we didn't spend much time together."

Grand Archive

M Halfling evoker | HP 14 | AC 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5 (Keen Eyes) | Speed 25

Cilik Hogpen quietly chuckles at the twins. He has spent the morning watching the two and solidifying in his mind which is Ulf and which is Olf.

After a moment his attention drifts to the smaller of the caravan's staff. Cilik nudges Penryn who is sitting next to him, "what's the story on the gal with the green hair? I haven't been able to get anything but one word answers out of her."


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

Kaleb finishes scubing out a put and looks up, his brown eyes and hair alomst the same color. After drying his hands Kaleb pops yet another morsel into his mouth, taking a moment to wipe his hands off on his apron before speaking.

"Oi, look, how I was supposed to know they were gonna short us 3 chickens. Anyway, these carrots are just fine."

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

Jumping slightly at Cilik's nudge, Penryn gives himself a silent scolding, Fool, you're so focused on looking for bandits in the distance you're not aware of what's right next to you!

"Can't say I've gotten her story," he replies to Cilik's question, "but I haven't really tried after our first little run-in. I'm used to dodging draft animals on Absalom's streets, but I guess I didn't get out of the way of one of her pets when we were first setting out. She managed to be pretty damn direct with me, yet still only say a word or two, when she told me to move it."

Glancing at Kaleb, he asks "What ya making there? Aside from something with more carrots than chicken?"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

It has been three days since you left Elidir, climbing into the back of one of Bort Bargith’s wagons bound for the faraway Andoran capital of Almas. The smiling caravan master cut your travel cost to only a handful of coppers, so long as you promised to protect the wagons should any trouble arise. Fortunately, your journey through the hinterlands of Isger has been quiet, even if the ride itself has been far from comfortable.

As you broke camp this morning, Bort announced you should arrive at the town of Etran’s Folly by nightfall, and he promised a comfortable bed for the night as a reward for a long day’s travel. The caravan’s teamsters shared a chuckle between them, trading knowing glances and subtle nods, but soon enough you are on the road again, the wagon bouncing and creaking along the uneven trail.

This part of Isger is sparsely populated, consisting of small rural farms and isolated communities. It is a temperate land, with frequent light rains and the rich smell of damp earth wafting on the pleasant breeze. The trail winds its way through the lowlands, passing along streams and through small forests. The game in this area has only recently recovered after years of war drove it into hiding.

We begin in exploration mode. Please pick your particular activity for daily traveling with the caravan.


M Halfling Cleric | HP 13/15 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +9 | Perc +7 | Speed 25 (35 while mounted) | Conditions -

Mounted on a chestnut pony, Jasper approaches the chatter from the rear of the caravan. He seems to inexpertly guide the animal, bumping into Penryn. With an irrepressibly wide smile, he says, "Sorry, cousin! She's still learning the commands. A stubborn one, I tell you. But she's got heart!" This is, in fact, something the halfling has said many times before. He always mentions how much 'heart' the creature has.

The halfling wears a wide-brimmed hat, well made clothes, and keeps a light mace in a holder at his waist. The weapon seems to be there for the sake of appearances, as the smiling man is unlikely to have ever used it. Jasper is more likely to grab the symbol of Erastil that dangles from a cord around his neck.

Leaning over he whispers into Petunia's ear and then pats the pony. Seeing Kaleb at work, Jasper adds, "You wouldn't happen to, you know, have any extra carrots for my girl here?"

Petunia, for her part, blinks. The pony has shown repeatedly on this trip that she's dumb as a rock.


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

Kaleb responds "I did get a nice set up turnips, but was hoping to get some spikeroot to spice it up first."

Kaleb will try and hideout in the caravan and get an extra nap in.
Avoid Notice

Grand Archive

M Halfling evoker | HP 14 | AC 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5 (Keen Eyes) | Speed 25

"Turnips..." Cilik chuckles quietly as he rolls his eye slightly.

The young wizard keep and eye on his surroundings as the caravan moves to the next town.

Search?


M Halfling Brb1 | HP 18/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7 Refl +5 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Speed 25

You lot talk ENTIRELY too much, that's Glunda's problem with you, a voice growls from the head of the wagon. S'why she hangs around the animals. They don't make her head ache. She's got a point, honestly.

Attached to the voice is the brawny frame of Blodgett Quattlebaum, who joined the caravan in Elidir because...well, actually, no one quite knows why he joined the caravan; and he always seems to be in a lousy mood so no one has asked, either. His stout frame and well-maintained greataxe suggests he'd be of help in a fight, but that's not happened along the way, so it's speculation.

In his hand is clutched a grimy, tattered parchment map, and he regularly scans the skies and horizon before returning to its features, trying to trace the caravan's route. Sense Direction in Exploration mode, I suppose.

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

Penryn spins his head in alarm as Jasper’s pony slams into the side of the wagon and nearly knocks him off his seat. ”She won’t have heart for long if someone rips it out, cousin,“ he says, his tone a blend of anger and honest advice. Gesturing in Blodgett’s direction, he continues, ”You crash into that angry fellow’s wagon again and I expect it’ll be a choice between you or Petunia meeting an ugly end. How about you ride a little ways away from the wagons - but not too far now - and keep an eye out for trouble? Would hate to run into an unwelcome surprise just before we get to the booming metropolis of Etran’s Folly.“

Hoping his cousin will be more use if they run into trouble than he is as a horseman, Penny turns his attention back to scanning the countryside.

I’ll go with Search also, though I still am not sure why it’s any better than a passive Perception check.


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

Search is going to let you find things like hidden doors and similar things, that others won't even have a chance to see.


M Halfling Cleric | HP 13/15 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +9 | Perc +7 | Speed 25 (35 while mounted) | Conditions -

Since I don't see anything preventing me from doing Cover Tracks while mounted, that's what Jasper will do.


M | M Elf Alchemist 1| hp 14/14| | AC 16 | Fort +5 Ref+7 Will +5 | Perc +5 |Speed 35

A tall very thin elf rides on one of the wagons. He smiles at the banter of the halfings. Ah youth, it's been so long to feel so carefree. How I miss it. It almost makes me feel young again.

He pulls out a book and begins making notes. Occasionally he pulls out some vials and mixes some items together. Every now and again he smiles at his research and pays little attention to the activities around him.

Grand Archive

M Halfling evoker | HP 14 | AC 15 | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perc +5 (Keen Eyes) | Speed 25

Cilik, scans the horizon but the study of the elf doesn't not miss his notice. He will have to inquire with him tonight at camp. He might be interesting person on this trip, someone to talk magics with, perhaps?


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Wolves: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Penryn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Perception (T)
Cilik: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Perception (T)
Lucky: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Avoid Notice (T)
Jasper: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Cover Tracks (T)
Elvanthain: 1d20 ⇒ 11 Arcana (?)
Blodgett: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Sense Direction (T)

Time on the road passes.

... and passes.

........ and passes.

And nothing happens. “Up ahead is Plaguestone,” Keldaran shouts from the front of the wagon. No sooner does the call fade from his lips than it is overshadowed by a series of long, mournful howls emanating from the woods to either side of the caravan. Moments later, you hear cries of panic as a pack of mangy wolves descends from the forest with teeth bared! There must be more than a dozen! The other members of the caravan move to fight those closest, but a trio descends on your group.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Please jump in and fix me if I do something wrong. The first thing is, I think is if your exploration skill doesn't relate to the threat, I can switch you to Perception?

Round 1:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: Go
Lucky: Go
Elvanthain: Go
Blodgett: Go
Cilik: Go

Wolves: TBD

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

” Oh, geez, wolves!“ Penryn exclaims as he slips his bow off his shoulder. ”This would never happen in Absalom...“ he adds as he focuses briefly on the closest wolf, calling on the same intensity of concentration that makes him a skilled repo man in his home city, then letting an arrow fly! As the arrow goes far wide of his target, Penny mutters, ”Though that certainly could...“

Actions: draw bow, activate Hunt Prey, Strike at nearest wolf.

Longbow, volley : 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 = 6


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

Kaleb drops the sweet roll he was busy sneaking as he lets out a cry as he draws forth his best fighting fork, and steps forward to fend off the wolf.

draw fork, step, stab. Rogue surprise attack makes creatures that haven't acted flat footed to me on round 1 while using avoid notice.

stabbing vs flatfooted (AC -2): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
damage: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Penryn's wry remark is lost on the wolves, as is his arrow. Thankfully the arrow goes so wide that it misses the other engagements in the wolf attack.

Lucky's shot is dead on target. The wolf, not expecting the attack gives a clear line behind the shoulder to the halfling. When the small blade connects, it nicks the heart! With a gasping howl the first wolf falls!

Round 1:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: First attack is a Jeff
Lucky: Kill!
Elvanthain: Go
Blodgett: Go
Cilik: Go

Wolves: TBD


M Halfling Brb1 | HP 18/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7 Refl +5 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Speed 25

Blodgett, who looked more than a little bored on the road (and Kaleb would swear he looked like he was asleep more than once) snaps into action at the sound of the wolves' howls. Somehow his greataxe is in his hand as he deftly moves, his feet looking as though they barely touch the ground as he strides toward the southernmost wolf. It seems his oft-grumpy face can smile, as a tremendous grin has spread across his face as he moves.

Interact to draw, then Sudden Charge on black.

Sudden Charge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
slashing: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

His time on the road inactive takes its toll, as a mighty swing is easily avoided by the mangy lupine.


M | M Elf Alchemist 1| hp 14/14| | AC 16 | Fort +5 Ref+7 Will +5 | Perc +5 |Speed 35

Elvanthain stands in the cart. "Wolves! he yells and realizes it's probably a bit pointless by the time he does so. Chagrined, he pulls out his crossbow and seeks out any wolves that have not been seen yet.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Looking for things in combat takes 1 action. You have to specify a 30' cone or a 15' burst. Taking out your crossbow is one action Elvanthain. I think best practice for this in PbP will be something like this: [i]I take two actions to scan SW and S. SW: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 S: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 I can bot your rolls while in AK, but I need a character sheet ;-)

Blodgett's frustration at failure is plainly evident. Ulf (or is it Olf?) laughs at the powerful but wildly off target swing.

Round 1:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: First attack is a Jeff
Lucky: Kill!
Elvanthain: Two Perception rolls pending
Blodgett: Miss
Cilik: Go
Wolves: TBD


M Halfling Cleric | HP 13/15 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +9 | Perc +7 | Speed 25 (35 while mounted) | Conditions -

The menacing wolves frighten poor Petunia, and Jasper finds himself struggling to prevent the pony from bolting. "Whoa girl! Easy there!"
Nature (Command an Animal) vs Will DC 14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Petunia struggles, still far from calm. So Jasper keeps trying to calm the beast. "Come on, girl! Show us your heart!"
Nature (Command an Animal) vs Will DC 14: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Finally settling his mount, Jasper says a quick prayer. "Old Deadeye, shield me from the danger before me!" Cast Shield. AC is now 17, and he can use the Shield Block reaction


M | M Elf Alchemist 1| hp 14/14| | AC 16 | Fort +5 Ref+7 Will +5 | Perc +5 |Speed 35

I"m fine with south and south west to start.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

You're Next (Reaction)>After downing a foe, you menacingly remind another foe that you’re coming after them next. Attempt an Intimidation check with a +2 circumstance bonus to Demoralize a single creature that you can see and that can see you.

Demoralize:
Choose a creature within 30 feet of you who you’re aware of. Attempt an Intimidation check against that target’s Will DC. If the target does not understand the language you are speaking, you’re not speaking a language, or they can’t hear you, you take a –4 circumstance penalty to the check. Regardless of your result, the target is temporarily immune to your attempts to Demoralize it for 10 minutes.

Critical Success The target becomes frightened 2.
Success The target becomes frightened 1.

Kaleb flashes the next wolf a surprisingly fierce grin as blood and sinew drip from his battle fork.
intimidate: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 21


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Lucky's snarl immediately overshadows the wolf near Blodgett, and it quickly quiets down.

Elvanthain looks about for other members of the pack, but sees no others.

In front of Jasper, a shield of force which looks and smells like a chunk of oak appears! Meanwhile he does his level best to keep his pony calm.

Round 1:
Jasper: Buff
Penryn: First attack is a Jeff
Lucky: Kill!
Elvanthain: Two Perception rolls pending
Blodgett: Miss
Cilik: Go
Wolves: TBD

DM:

Black: (Frightened 1)


Succubus Spy Sheet

Cilik spends a moment to gather arcane power before throwing a blob of acid at the far dog.

1 action for reach spell, then throwing an acid at the far dog that's not engaged with anybody

arcane attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
1 splash acid damage. If a crit 1 persistent acid damage


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Cilik's acid is a clean and solid hit! The wolf snarls in anger, and the scent of melted fur permeates the field of battle. All about wolves and caravan members fight for their lives!

The wolves gnash and howl at their targets. One wolf goes after Jasper snapping teeth!
Bite 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bite 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 2 = 9 MISS

The wolf is covered in fleas. It's sickening. DC 14 FORT or be sickened 1.

Blodgett also faces a mangy wolf eager for a meal.
Bite 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 MISS
Bite 2: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 2 = 24 for DMG: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8
Bite 3: 1d20 + 6 - 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 6 = 18 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Then, from out of the woods comes a new wolf, larger than the others. It's saliva drips on to the ground causing it to smoke when it hits. The wolf gives a massive howl! The other wolves join in to the hunting howl! Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21. Lucky and Cilik, if that beats your Will DC, then you're Frightened 1 (if that roll is a CRIT, you're frightened 2.) Everyone else, the result is 16.

Round 2:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: Go
Lucky: Go
Elvanthain: Go
Blodgett: Go
Cilik: Go

Wolves: TBD

DM:

Black: (Frightened 1)
White: 4

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

Penryn recoils in fright at the large wolf's howl, but decides he'd better do something to help in the fight, or the big bad wolf will surely eat him.

Raising his bow, he lines up a shot on the wolf menacing Jasper, muttering quietly to himself, "Imagine you're shooting a mad street dog back home, what's guarding someone's carriage that you gotta get back. It's just like that - except with a big scary friend."

His first shot is deadly accurate, his follow-on shots not so much.

Attack nearest wolf, using Flurry for reduced penalty on additional attacks.

Longbow, volley, frightened 1: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 - 1 = 24
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5 =10 due to crit

Longbow, volley, frightened 1, 2nd attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 1 - 3 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 - 1 - 3 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Longbow, volley, frightened 1, 3rd attack: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 1 - 6 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 - 1 - 6 = 1
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Additional damage on first arrow from Deadly weapon trait: 1d10 ⇒ 7

Total damage from first arrow is 17.


M Halfling Brb1 | HP 18/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7 Refl +5 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Speed 25

DC 14 Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Blodgett has clearly dealt with fleas before.

He is covered in gobs of his own blood as the wolf chomps down into his flesh, but the smile of exhilaration never fades. In fact, as he settles into a furious barbarian rage, the smile gets broader, and more savage. Almost dragon-like. Drips of a green, viscous liquid drip from his now-fanged mouth onto his greataxe.

Rage, then Strike twice.

Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
acid dmg: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Strike 2: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 5 = 4
acid dmg: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


M Halfling Brb1 | HP 18/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7 Refl +5 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Speed 25

"Random", my ass.


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

In almost a panic at the howling Kaleb throws his fork at the approaching wolf.

fork: 1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 1 = 16
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Kaleb then lets out a little shriek, worried that he's angered the creature and flees to hide amidst the wagon wheels.

Throw fork, move back, hide.

See Hiding 251, you get to make a secret stealth (+7 +2 from cover) vs perception. If I'm successful I'll become hidden to it until I lose cover, do anything interesting or it successfully uses the seek action.


M Halfling Cleric | HP 13/15 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +6 | Will +9 | Perc +7 | Speed 25 (35 while mounted) | Conditions -

Jasper quickly raises his divine shield. The wolf struggles against it but barely manages to graze the halfling.

Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Then comes the howl...
Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Will save - Petunia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
... And Petunia's eyes go wide with fear!

Jasper does his best to control his mount.
Command Animal (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
He barely gets her under control so she doesn't run away.

"Old Deadeye, daze this savage beast!" Jasper commands, signing a prayer in the air as he does so! Daze. I am not sure if the damage is 4 or 7, but the Will save is DC 17. A critical failure inflicts Stunned 1


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Jasper shakes off the fleas There's no roll to be made on the howl. It works much like PF1 when demoralizing. It's an intimidate v. a static number. Jasper keeps his calm as he tries to daze the wolf! Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20, but the hungry wolf is too determined!

Penyrn talks himself to a calm shot, and the first arrow strikes the wolf through the eye! It's dead before it hits the ground.

Lucky hurls his fork, but the larger wolf dodges it. The halfling then does his best to become inconspicuous.

Blodgett's fury gets the better of him, and his aim suffers as the wolf slips each swing!

Round 2:
Jasper: Control
Penryn: Kill
Lucky: Miss
Elvanthain: Go
Blodgett: Miss
Cilik: Go
Wolves: TBD

DM:

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Black: (Frightened 1)
Caustic: 4


Succubus Spy Sheet

Frightened by the wolf Cilik snaps off a daze before fleeing behind the wagon as well.

4 damage from Daze, Basic Will DC17, Stunned on a crit fail.

2 actions to cast daze and then stride away.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Cilik's spell not only lands, but catches the wolf completely off guard, stunning it! The halfling scurries to safety.

Round 2:
Jasper: Control
Penryn: Kill
Lucky: Miss
Elvanthain: Go
Blodgett: Miss
Cilik: Daze Crit
Wolves: TBD

DM:

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Black: 4(Frightened 1, Stunned 1)
Caustic: 4


Succubus Spy Sheet

stunned 1 to be more specific, so it'll lose 1 action next round I think.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Elvanthain levels his crossbow at the biggest, nastiest wolf and lets fly ATK: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12, but misses He then reloads.

The slightly stunned wolf shakes off the fear and bites at Blodgett twice:
Bite 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 FORT
Bite 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 MISS

The caustic wolf advances, then surprises the party with an awful attack! It strides into the scrum and unleashes a line of flesh eating acid! It strikes a lot of the party, and even some of the other wolves and combatants: ACID: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 5) = 12 Basic REF DC 16 from Jasper and Cilik.

Round 3:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: Go
Lucky: Go
Elvanthain: Go
Blodgett: Go
Cilik: Go

Wolves: TBD

DM:

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Black: 4(Frightened 1, Stunned 1)
Caustic: 4


M Halfling Brb1 | HP 18/20 | AC 18 | Fort +7 Refl +5 Will +6 | Perc +6 | Speed 25

DC 14 Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Thanks, I'd love more single digits, Paizo dicebot.

He Steps to get out of the flank, then Strikes twice.

Strike: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 = 6 Oh, good, more "random" rolls.
acid dmg: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Strike 2: 1d20 + 6 - 5 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 5 - 1 = 16
acid dmg: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Blodgett takes the full brunt of the acid, and gives it in return. His second swing on the wolf connects at the base of the neck! His own channeled power cuts deep and severs the wolf's head!

Round 3:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: Go
Lucky: Go
Elvanthain: Go

Blodgett: Kill
Cilik: Go
Wolves: TBD

DM:

Caustic: 4

Horizon Hunters

M Halfling Investigator 1 | HP 14 | AC 17 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +7 | Perc +7

With his target down, Penny hurries around the the horses to get a better line on the last wolf. He studies it a moment, then draws back his bow and puts an arrow into the beast!

Move to get into better shooting position, use Hunt Prey, Strike at remaining wolf.

Longbow, volley: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Penryn's shot is true, and he sticks an arrow in the wolf's haunch!

Round 3:
Jasper: Go
Penryn: Hit
Lucky: Go
Elvanthain: Go

Blodgett: Kill
Cilik: Go
Wolves: TBD

DM:

Caustic: 8


S Halfling Thief | Hp 16/16 | AC 17 | F 14 (T), R 19 (E), W 17 (E) | Perception +7 (E)

Kaleb pulls out another fork from his cooking set, strides to the corner and throws his new fork at the big wolf.

thrown fork: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

deadly, if needed: 1d6 ⇒ 2

draw fork, stride, throw. deadly is added on a crit but but further multiplied.

1 to 50 of 581 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "The Fall of Plaguestone" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.