GM Tyranius Save the Renkrodas (Tier 3-4)

Game Master Tyranius

Tactical Maps


51 to 100 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Soon Jaqweh, I was just preparing it ahead of time. The red outlines are the pair of corpses.

The guard looks like Carthas' and was clearly killed by laser shots to the back. The lashunta looks like he's been mauled by a swarm of tiny bites.

The group circles the grounds, look for any clues or disturbances to what happened. Kaylee heads to the shield and finds that one of the emitters has been damaged in the firefight as it fails for several seconds at a time.

Just then several feet to the west, in the brush you hear a disturbance as a tiny dinosaur-like beast the size of a small dog leaps out, wagging it's tail excitedly back and forth.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

When the little Dino pops out of the bushes, Jaqweh's hand instinctively moves toward his sidearm. But noting that its tail is wagging, he checks himself. He quietly clears his throat in a particular way, activating the fibers he had implanted in his throat some time ago.

“Hey there, little buddy. Are you okay? Where's your person? “ he asks the little critter, though to his teammates it sounds like yips and barks.

Diplomacy, Expertise : 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 13 + (4) = 25

Would either of our lashuntas know what this is, having grown up on this planet? Cause Jaqweh doesn't actually have Life Science to identify it otherwise.

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

"I am training to be a xenoseeker and have experience talking with them. Perhaps I can communicate with it, in a fashion."

Kastien crouched down in front of the creature and began making little chirps and purring sounds.

life science,xenoseeker: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 = 13

diplomacy, wildwise: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

Iris was going to cast detect magic to see if there was anything the team was missing. Seeing the creature, she tries to remember what kind it is.

Life Science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

Dark Archive

Iris recognizes the creature as a compsikania. They are aggressive carnivorous theropods the size of small dogs, normally quite vulnerable to sonic effects as it seems to frighten them away.

Kastien and Jaqweh both approach the creature and begin to open a very limited communication with the beast. Both get a brief glimpse in their minds as it seems to want them to follow it. "This way!"

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee sees the little dino. "Awww that's so cute I'm better with tech than animals though so I'll see if I can figure out how to fix this and radio back what we found."

She'll put a call in to Radaszam about Carthas and the mystery lashunta as well as the damaged field emitter, then she'll get to work trying to fix it.

Engineering?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
or not? lol

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

"It wants us to follow it. This way, people!"

Kastien leads the others after the therapod.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Bolida Soldier | SP 40/40| | HP 34/34| | RP 5/7| KAC: 19 TAS: 18 | Bull Rush: 13 CMD: 27 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, Athletics: +12 | Speed 25ft Burrow 25ft | Fire Resist 5| Blindsight Vibration 30ft | Darkvision 60ft | Low-light Vision | Defensive Ball | Light Blindness

Brolie will nod and curl into ball form before moving with the group. He will keep a feel out for anything coming close to them with his Blind-sense Vibration.

If we are moving as a group, I wouldn't mind being in the front, due to be a rolling ball tank.

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

Iris follows the rest of them, staying at the back of the group, and give them a bit of information about the creature while moving.

Dark Archive

Brolie stops as he draws closer to a copse of trees well into the forest. He picks up a lot of movement from creatures. Hundreds in fact. Before he can examine it too closely, Iris lets out a cry of surprise as the undergrowth surges and a swarm of tiny raptor-like dinosaurs erupt from the undergrowth!

Init:

Kastien: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Kaylee: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Wraith-19: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Jaqweh: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Brolie: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Iris-1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Compsikania pack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Kaylee looks over the transmitter but it looks a bit beyond repair and will need to be replaced.

Round 1
Jaqweh
Kaylee
Wraith-19
Iris-1
Kastien

-------------------------------------------
Compsikania Pack
-------------------------------------------
Brolie

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

"Who would've thought these things could lie?" he asks Kastien.

Jaqweh steps just slightly away from the pack of tiny dinos while drawing his sidearm. He calls upon his implant again and growls an animalistic equivalent of "BACK OFF" at them.

Diplo to Intimidate, Expertise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 13 + (2) = 23

Archetype feature allows him to use his Diplomacy skill when attempting to Intimidate to demoralize (link to DC)) combined with using a wildwise which lets him make Diplomacy checks against animals.

Acquisitives

Female N Android Operative (Ghost), Buffs: | hp 22/22| sp21/21| Resolve: 3/4 | EAC 15 KAC16 CMD 24 | F: +3, R +6, W +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: None

Wraith makes a Trick Attack with her pulsecaster, hoping the gun will be effective against the creatures.

Stealth for trick attack (DC = 20 + creature's CR)
1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

Pulsecaster vs EAC
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d4 + 3 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (8) = 15 nonlethal

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

Kastien's form flickered slightly as the universal power of gravitons spun out from him like gossamer webs, drawing in the light around him slightly. The effect was immediately countered by a sparkling mesh effect that seemed to coat his body in liquid lightning as he used his stellar mote in the form of protective armor. Concentrating, he wrapped the darkness around the light, making himself an eye-bending mix of light and shadow.

Entering graviton mode. Move to activate solar armor. Move to activate Dark Matter, giving me DR 2/-

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

Iris starts talking in an esoteric language, and a tiny robot is slowing starting to appear.

Iris starts 1 round casting of summon creature

Dark Archive

Kaylee is up.

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

sorry minor crisis at wrk this weekend so I'm behind on like everything. you might need to bot me later this weekend/early next week.

Kaylee will give Radaszam a live update while she's on the comm call with him, "...hang on boss, swarm of tiny dinos attacking!"

She thinks in her head "wait a second, my gun isn't going to do crap against a swarm...but I've got a grenade!"

"Fire in the hole!" she calls out as she draws and throws the only grenade she brought with her!

Frag grenade!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
AC 5 I put a little mark for where she's aiming so it'll hit the dinos but nobody in the party with the 15ft explode radius!

Piercing damage!: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Modified for a swarm maybe?
DC 13 reflex save for half

Dark Archive

No biggie Kaylee!

Jaqweh yells for the animals to back off. Little does he realize as they were simply luring him in for the kill. The Compsikania Pack looks to be slightly shaken, but still hungry nonetheless.

DC 13 Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

A grenade rolls into the tree-line. As it explodes branches sway and leaves fall all around. Unfortunately the trees protect the Compsikania Pack from the majority of the damage, though it is quite effective.

Wraith-19's pulsecaster knocks one of the many, many creature's out, though it overall has little effect on the pack. Iris begins t call for help while Kastien summons his own protective armor shell around himself.

The Compsikania Pack leaps forward on top of Kastien, biting and clawing at him.

Swarm Attack Damage (Piercing): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 + Distraction + Poison
@Kastien- DC 15 Fort save or Nauseated 1 round
@Kastien- also a DC 14 Fort save vs Poison

Round 2
Jaqweh
Kaylee
Wraith-19
Iris-1
Kastien (SP 25/28; HP 32/32; RP 5/5; DR/2-)

-------------------------------------------
Compsikania Pack (-4)
-------------------------------------------
Brolie

Acquisitives

Female N Android Operative (Ghost), Buffs: | hp 22/22| sp21/21| Resolve: 3/4 | EAC 15 KAC16 CMD 24 | F: +3, R +6, W +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: None

Scralping nature Wraith thinks to herself.
Not much I can do here. Time to play the wraith.

Stealth
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

Iris finishes her spell as the tiny robot finishes to appear. The creature shoots its gun twice at the swarm.

Gun 1: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 5 - 4 = 21 for Sonic: 1d4 ⇒ 4, in case of critical add another 1d4 ⇒ 3
Gun 2: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10 for Sonic: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Iris moves out further away from the creatures.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Annoyed at being deceived by the little critters he'd wanted to befriend and at their unprovoked violence at him and their friends, Jaqweh roars at the little dinos again.

"NOT FOOD!"

Diplo to Intimidate, expertise, wildwise: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 13 + (6) = 36

He then points out to his allies how some of the dinos have clumped together in one area, making them an easier target.

Get 'em on the dinos. +1 to attacks

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

"Um...anyone got grenades? Or a shotgun?" Kaylee saw Wraith's gun do nothing, so she doesn't even bother drawing hers. "Or maybe we just grab the bodies and get out of here if Jaqweh doesn't scare them off?"

I guess combat banter and then delay, since I don't think I have anything useful Kaylee can do against a swarm since she only had the 1 grenade.

Dark Archive

Brolie hides as Jaqweh, attempts to hold the dinosaurs at bay while coordinated the group into an attack on them. Kaylee reaches in and quickly realizes she is fresh out of grenades as Iris summons a robot. From the ground come small scraps of rusty metal that quickly assemble, firing off a pair of sonic blasts into the pack. Unfortunately the single targeted attacks have no effect on the overall pack of Compsikania. It is a swarm so single target attacks have no effect.

Round 2
Jaqweh
Kaylee
Wraith-19
Iris-1
Kastien (SP 25/28; HP 32/32; RP 5/5; DR/2-)
-------------------------------------------
Compsikania Pack (-4)
-------------------------------------------
Brolie

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

Fort, nausea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Fort, poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Hey, who would've guessed a group of pack predators would lure us into an ambush like that? Umm...does anyone have any grenades?"

Kastien staggered back out of the pack with a few nibbles on his armor, but was mostly concerned with how they were going to get out of this one.

Graviton attunement: 2. Dark Matter gives DR 2/-

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

coming off delay since I just thought of one idea to do and something else to ask IC.
Kaylee takes the run action towards the two bodies. "Maybe one of the dead people have grenades?" if I don't respond tomorrow due to rl work stuff please bot me next round as searching the bodies for grenades or shotguns?

Then to Kastien "Can you like glow and explode? Would that work against a swarm?"

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Bolida Soldier | SP 40/40| | HP 34/34| | RP 5/7| KAC: 19 TAS: 18 | Bull Rush: 13 CMD: 27 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, Athletics: +12 | Speed 25ft Burrow 25ft | Fire Resist 5| Blindsight Vibration 30ft | Darkvision 60ft | Low-light Vision | Defensive Ball | Light Blindness

I am so sorry guys!!! It was a busy weekend!

He looks, seeing these little things trying to consume... Well might as well test out the new gland. He will move, then breath in, before spraying out a 15ft Cone, 1x3x3, hammer shape of Acid.

Acid Breath: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) = 10

DC= 14 Reflex

He will also Resolve himself recharging his breath weapon again.

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

"Well yes, I can, but that isn't...I mean, I don't normally go for that...I can try."

Will take 4 rounds to go explodey

Dark Archive

Kastien staggers back from the hungry dinos as Brolie breathes acid all over the pack.

Reflex Save DC 14: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Several of the Compsikania screech as their scales melt away. They leap onto their meal, trying to devour it before more get injured.

Swarm Attack Damage (Piercing): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 + Distraction + Poison
@Kastien & Brolie- DC 15 Fort save or Nauseated 1 round
@Kastien & Brolie- also a DC 14 Fort save vs Poison

Round 3
Jaqweh
Kaylee
Wraith-19
Iris-1
Kastien (SP 21/28; HP 32/32; RP 5/5; DR/2-)

-------------------------------------------
Compsikania Pack (-11)
-------------------------------------------
Brolie (SP 40/40; HP 34/34; RP 6/7)

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

fort, nausea: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
fort, poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Kastien stumbled out of the compsikania pack, retching and trying to focus on clearing his mind so that he could balance out his stellar energy. Without being able to concentrate, though, it was very difficult.

Leaving it up to the GM to decide whether I can switch to Unattuned while under the Nauseated effect. If not, then this round I become fully graviton-attuned.

Acquisitives

Female N Android Operative (Ghost), Buffs: | hp 22/22| sp21/21| Resolve: 3/4 | EAC 15 KAC16 CMD 24 | F: +3, R +6, W +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: None

The Wraith continues to hide, moving farther away.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Bolida Soldier | SP 40/40| | HP 34/34| | RP 5/7| KAC: 19 TAS: 18 | Bull Rush: 13 CMD: 27 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, Athletics: +12 | Speed 25ft Burrow 25ft | Fire Resist 5| Blindsight Vibration 30ft | Darkvision 60ft | Low-light Vision | Defensive Ball | Light Blindness

Fort Save vs Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Fort Save vs Nausea: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

He shakes as hard as he can, trying to get the little dinos off of his body. "Pesky little things... Just wait until I eat you!!!" He wasn't feeling the best though, but will try to wait it off until their team can assist!

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

Iris shouts “No grenades here neither!” while she’s moving away “Retreat might be a good idea”

All the while, the robot continues to shoot ineffectively.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Jaqweh's a beautiful being, but he's not that bright. He slowly realizes two things at about the same time: that he's having little to no effect on the little dinos, and that he does in fact have a grenade.

He unclips it from his weapons belt, and tosses it toward the far side of the pile-o-dinos to avoid catching Brolie in its blast.

Ranged vs 5: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
damage, DC 12: 1d6 ⇒ 5

I marked with a tiny explodey icon where I think a 15' radius will avoid hitting Brolie. Please adjust the position if I'm wrong.

Are the dinos Shaken from the Intimidate? If so, they should take a -2 to their saves. I don't think it would have made any difference to the saves so far, and I only ask cause I don't see a -2 modifier in their dice rolls.

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee searches the bodies for grenades or anything useful.
Not sure what kind of an action that is?

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

While still on the call with Radaszam she asks "Um boss? Swarms of dinos and we're low on grenades and explodey things...any ideas?"

Dark Archive

@Jaqweh- Yup, they are shaken. I forgot the modifier on the last save but made sure it was calculated into the effect.

@Kastien- As long as you are conscious you can.

Brolie begins to feel very nauseated as a strip of his flesh is ripped free. Jaqweh tosses another grenade into the mix.

Reflex Save DC 12; shaken: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 - 2 = 8

The blast sends several of the dinosaurs hurtling to the ground, very bloodied. Kayless hunts through teh two bodies on the ground, pulling them in close as she digs through their pockets.

The dead lashunta carries a survival knife and an azimuth laser pistol with a drained battery; his second skin armor was destroyed by the feasting compsikanias.

The security guard wears casual stationwear, carries a nyfiber net, a tactical arc emitter with 20 charges, two screamer grenades II, and two doses of anti-venom.

Kaylee receives no radio signal back from Radaszam. Wraith continues to hide in the treeline while Iris' robot picks off one dino at a time, though two more seem to take its place.

Kastien stumbles out of the Compsikania Pack and hurls his stomach's contents onto the bushes. Kastien feels a bit weakened. from the poison coursing through.

Weakened:

Weakened
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Charisma-based ability checks and skill checks, and the DCs of her spells and special abilities decrease by 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Charisma, she can’t cast her highest level of spells from that class.

The pack continues to munch and tear at Brolie.

Swarm Attack Damage (Piercing): 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 + Distraction + Poison
@Brolie- DC 15 Fort save or Nauseated 1 round
@Brolie- also a DC 14 Fort save vs Poison

Round 4
Jaqweh
Kaylee
Wraith-19
Iris-1
Kastien (SP 21/28; HP 32/32; RP 5/5; DR/2-; Poisoned Weakened)

-------------------------------------------
Compsikania Pack (-18)
-------------------------------------------
Brolie (SP 27/40; HP 34/34; RP 6/7)

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Yay I got lucky and can post right before I leave for work!

GM when did the signal stop? Mid-conversation? (Kaylee first called him in the post I made last thursday)

Seeing the grenades and arc emitter her eyes light up. "Weydan's luck. Found an arc emitter and two grenades over here plus antivenom! Fire in the hole!"

She grabs one grenade and throws it as far as she can so it won't hit anyone else but the dinos (red and yellow + on the map)

Screamer grenade: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 = 11
3rd range increment

Sonic damage: 2d10 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11
Deaf: 1d4 ⇒ 2 minutes
If I remember the rules right, it's DC 17 for half damage and to ignore the deaf. 10 + my dex + half item level (and mechanics are proficient with grenades so no penalties)?

She will use her move action to pick up the arc emitter.

Acquisitives

Female N Android Operative (Ghost), Buffs: | hp 22/22| sp21/21| Resolve: 3/4 | EAC 15 KAC16 CMD 24 | F: +3, R +6, W +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40 ft | Conditions: None

Hearing that there are supplies to help in the fight, Wraith breaks cover and double moves to the bodies.

I can either start lobbing grenades or administer antivenom

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Bolida Soldier | SP 40/40| | HP 34/34| | RP 5/7| KAC: 19 TAS: 18 | Bull Rush: 13 CMD: 27 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, Athletics: +12 | Speed 25ft Burrow 25ft | Fire Resist 5| Blindsight Vibration 30ft | Darkvision 60ft | Low-light Vision | Defensive Ball | Light Blindness

FortSave vs Nauseated: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

FortSave vs Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

As he continues to feel them pry away at his armor and natural shell, he will Curl back into Ball form and try to not continue to get sick. He will stay here though, and let his companions work on finishing off the swarm.

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

Kastien shook his head to clear it, focusing on keeping his attunement to the photonic aspects of the universe strong. In a few seconds, he was going to be able to explode with excess power. For right now, he just exploded his stomach contents onto the ground. He stumbled towards the raptors and mumbled, "You all might want to step back a bit."

Photon attuned 2. Explosion of light next round

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

Hearing Kaylee's relief at finding something useful, Jaqweh hustles toward the team's lovely savior. He puts his hand out to take the arc emitter as he trots by, giving her a grateful smile, and continues back to line up on the dinos.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage, E: 1d4 ⇒ 3
damage, crit E: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Yellow line 30' of movement, taking the arc emitter as a free action during the move. Firing the cone from the NW corner of his square to avoid hitting Brolie. Yes, he's proficient with Long Arms, gained as a bonus from his archetype.

Dark Archive

@Kaylee- Sorry if I wasn't entirely clear. The signal is still there, you just don't seem to be receiving a response.

Iris is up.

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

As the tiny robot disappear, Iris moves away from Kastien and back to the corpses. If the body next to her has an antivenom, she picks it up.

Concerning the grenades, Iris is not proficient with them so it would be better if someone else used the few we have.

Dark Archive

@Jaqweh- The tactical arc emitter isn't a line but a blast weapon creating a cone of 15 feet. Still looks like you can cone it out diagonally and miss Brolie though.

Brolie gets quite sick from the poison running through him that he begins to curl over on himself in pain.

Weakened:

Weakened
The victim takes a –2 penalty to Charisma-based ability checks and skill checks, and the DCs of her spells and special abilities decrease by 2. If she has 1 or more levels in a spellcasting class whose key ability score is Charisma, she can’t cast her highest level of spells from that class.

Jaqweh rushes around grabbing ahold of the emitter and sends a blast of electricity into the dinos.

Quite a few fall limp as the electricity knocks them unconscious and fries their brains.

Reflex Save DC 17; shaken: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 2 = 9

The Compsikania are too stunned by the arc emitter coursing through their bodies that the screamer grenade does some serious damage to their ranks. Deafened and most lying dead on the ground the remaining Compsikania scatter back into the treeline.

Kastien Round 4 fort, poison: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Combat over
==========================================================

Kastien- need 4 more poison checks / Brolie- need 5 more

In addition to his armor and weapons, the lashunta carries a strange hybrid device labeled “instinct redirection transducer” in Castrovelian. The transducer looks like a mechanical claw about the size of a human’s palm.

DC 20 Engineering:
The transducer incorporates a scanner and a small radio to transmit information over short distances.

DC 20 Computers or Medicine:
The scanner is calibrated to detect bio-nanites.

DC 20 Mysticism:
You find traces of enchantment magic in the components.

Player Status:

Jaqweh
Kaylee
Wraith-19
Iris-1
Kastien (SP 21/28; HP 32/32; RP 5/5; DR/2-; Poisoned Cha-Impaired)
Brolie (SP 27/40; HP 34/34; RP 6/7 ; Poisoned Cha-Weakened)

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee winks when Jaqweh takes the longarm from her and cheers when he blasts the dinos to get them off the team. As soon as the fight is over though she grabs the antivenoms and gets them to Kastien and Brolie ASAP though!

"Take these quick! ...Crap! I don't have a medkit on me! Anyone got one? I took a bunch of first aid courses but I keep forgetting to buy a kit that'll fit in my backpack!"

Just discovered there's a lot you can't do with medicine even trained, without a basic kit. I know what I'm buying after this game!

Hoping the two pull through or that someone might have a kit, she'll then move on to the tech.

Engineering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
"Interesting. This has a scanner and a small radio. It can only transmit info in super short ranges though...speaking of which, Radaszam stopped answering my comms. I'll try him again..." She tries to dial the vesk. "Radaszam, are you there?"

Computers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
While she's distracted making the phone call, she misses the computerized parts of the tech.
Unless this is to recall knowledge. If yes I can use my memory module to reroll.

Exo-Guardians

Male CN Bolida Soldier | SP 40/40| | HP 34/34| | RP 5/7| KAC: 19 TAS: 18 | Bull Rush: 13 CMD: 27 | F: +6, R: +1, W: +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +0, Athletics: +12 | Speed 25ft Burrow 25ft | Fire Resist 5| Blindsight Vibration 30ft | Darkvision 60ft | Low-light Vision | Defensive Ball | Light Blindness

FortSave vs Poison: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

He continues to rock as a few of his natural plates fall off, and a small line of liquid flows out from the ball. He gently uncurls and looks around at the group, "They dead yet?" He looked around at the small dinosaurs, then will take the antivenom for now, but will start to dig down, taking as much of the dead corpses and...

The sounds of crunching bone and grinding of metal. The loud sounds of angry chittering rings out from the deep hole that Brolie created. After a time, Brolie leaves the hole, licking his mandibles as he says, "Well, lets head back with the report, shall we?"

Wayfinders

♂ Android Technomancer 3 | Init +3| RP 6/6 | SP 15/15 | HP 19/19 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | F +1 R +4 W +3 | Perception +6 (Low Light, Darkvision 60') | Spells 1st 2/5

Iris is following Kaylee, antivenom in hand.
Once that is injected, she pulls her medkit out, and answering Kaylee about the medkit “This tool, unlike a way to deal with that swarm, I have”, and to the injured she asks “Let me give a try at seeing if I can do something for you”.

She will treat the poisoned until their system manages to deal with it.

For each save, she can spend a standard on one of the two poisoned. She will roll medicine at +11 to treat poison versus the poison DC, a success gives a +4 on the save versus the poison. I don’t roll as I don’t know how much rolls will be needed.

Once she is done with fixing people bodies, she will look at the technology.

Computers DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Iris looks at the scanner and touch it, and says “This is calibrated to detect bio-nanites.” She tilts her head a bit and add “Odd”.

She casts detect magic but does not get any result.

Mysticism DC 20: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Dark Archive

Giving the antivenom to Kastien and Brolie seems to do the trick. Someone must have designed the antivenom to that of a Compsikania as the pair feel instantly better.

This anti-venom instantly recovers those poisoned by 2 steps.

Kaylee continues to receive no response back from Radaszam.

What do you wish to do?

Exo-Guardians

Male Korasha Lashunta Solarian 4| Init +1:| RP:5 | SP: 28| HP: 32| EAC: 17, KAC: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Speed: 30 | Perception +3 (Darkvision 60')

Fort saves if still needed:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Kastien felt his stored energy drain away, even as the small pack of raptors did. It wasn't until he had taken the antivenom from Kaylee that he felt well enough to speak.

"That was...an interesting example of the oneness of the Universe, though I did not intend to seek it in the many bellies of a raptor pack! I think we do need to get back to Radazsam with our report, and carry these two with us. If that science gizmo truly is set to identify bio-nanites, then I am afraid that we may have found one of the terrorist group that we were warned about. Maybe they are planning on attacking with nanites. That would be very, very bad. Given the sudden lack of working comm units, I think we might be under attack even as we wait. So, let's not dally!"

Wayfinders

| ES 0/0 | SP 24/24 | HP 28/28 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17 KAC 17 | Fort +4 Ref +9 Will +3 | Init +5 Perception +10; Darkvision | Speed 30 | Energy shield (ES) inactive, memory module active, combat tracking inactive | Female Human Ace Pilot Mechanic 4

Kaylee will assist Iris with helping treat the poison if either needs more help than the antivenoms give. She'll hang on to that other grenade for the moment, too.

"Yea...I agree. It's not like Radaszam to cut off a call then not pick up. We should hurry back and be ready for anything." She'll have her pistol ready in advance, this time, when the team makes it back. Kaylee will recommend Iris take the scanner device since she's had better luck IDing it so far, too.

Wayfinders

Male LN Damaya Lashunta Envoy (Steward Officer) 4 SP 24/24 HP 28/28 | RP 6/6 |Active conditions: None Speed 30 ft | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +4

While Iris-1 and Kaylee attend to the wounded and poisoned, Jaqweh secures the crime scene to the extent that he can, including taking pictures to document the deaths and establish identities.

He squats down next to where Kaylee is kneeling beside Brolie, and gently places his hand upon her lower back to get her attention.

"Kaylee, did you get that malfunctioning sensor fixed? I'd hate to leave it broken, and leave a gap in the defenses. Especially since they're down a man now."

Really asking @GM if Kaylee's original roll was enough to repair it.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a med kit, too. And grenades. Several grenades...

Dark Archive

No need for further rolls Kastien. The anti-venom cured you both.

With a little bit of effort Kaylee was able to get the emitter working better than what it was, though eventually it will need to be replaced. For not though it should keep out anymore Compsikania packs.

As you return to the gala, you encounter Radaszam and Muldoi. Both look haggard and bear signs of recent combat. Radaszam barks, “Glad we caught you. We have a situation. After you left, a group of terrorists calling themselves Ipsoth’s Children ambushed the gala. It was well-planned; they were armed, and they shut down all communications almost immediately. They’ve captured several high-profile hostages.” Muldoi adds, “They released the feathered renkroda. It overwhelmed my security forces, but didn’t attack Ipsoth’s Children—they were controlling it somehow. The two of us barely managed to escape. There’s an emergency communications bunker out in the Ikal Expanse. We could use that to alert Esowath Nexus and call for reinforcements, but it’s a long walk. If we can get some vehicles from the equipment tent, we can get there faster.”

51 to 100 of 170 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tyranius Save the Renkrodas (Tier 3-4) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.