[Gameday VIII] GM Dennis SFS 1-26 - Truth of the Seeker (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

MAPS


101 to 150 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

Sunshine takes cover behind a nearby pillar, then fires his plasma rifle at the attacking kasatha.

Move to square, standard shoot.

Attack vs. EAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Crit Damage (E+F): 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20 plus knockdown crit effect

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

GM Screen:
Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Though the sounds from Darkrunner's computer don't fool the kasatha, they are enough to distract him, allowing the android's shot to hit. Though Oscar's shot flies wide, Trylara takes advantage of the opening to land a solid blow with her own solar weapon. Meanwhile, Sunshine takes careful aim, firing just as Trylara leaves Kal-Zan unbalanced, knocking him to the ground with a direct hit! While he's on the ground, Ua unleashes a spray of spores that sap all motor control from the hapless initiate! AKA he failed his Will save vs. hold person.

Initiative!

  • Conrad
  • Sunshine
  • Ua 15 damage
  • Trylara
  • Darkrunner-42
  • Oscar
  • Kan-Zal -51 damage, prone, hold person, photon attuned 1

    Conrad may act.

  • Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Sorry for the delay! "OH it's on now. Quick, everyone get'em!" Get'em on Kan-Zal. Everyone gains +1 to hit until my next turn.

    He then closes, pistol out and ready.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    GM Screen:
    Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

    A look of wild panic appears in Kan-Zal's eyes as he finds himself unable to move from his prone position! He seems to strain, but even the force of his anger is unable to break the grip of Ua's magic! Failed his Will save again as a full-round action.

    ----------

    Initiative!

  • Conrad
  • Sunshine
  • Ua 15 damage
  • Trylara
  • Darkrunner-42
  • Oscar
  • Kan-Zal -51 damage, prone, hold person (round 2), photon attuned 2

    Whole party is up! Reading the description of solarian attunement, I don't believe being held stops him from increasing his attunement, though feel free to chime in if you have something to point to that says otherwise.

  • Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    Ua broadcasts telepathically once more,"Calm sproutling. You are not an animal, nor an automaton. You are not bound into violence. Words will convey your feelings better than a weapon." Ua moves forward and reaches an appendage to touch Kan. "Let me heal your wounds so that we may communicate on peaceful terms. You may communicate to me through this link. Just think what you wish to say."

    touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

    5ft, cast Cure 1
    1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    If he allows me to heal him, Ua will heal him for an additional 29, bringing Ua to 1 hp.

    Only the starfinders hear Ua once more, "What is this that you aim to kill this young kasathan? If a sprout began growing away from the sun, would you cut it down? No, you would brace it so that it might grow toward the sun. So must we become the bracing for this sprouting kasathan. Life is precious, do not be so ready to extinguish it."

    Dataphiles

    Male android outlaw operative 3 | SP 11/18 HP 15/22 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | F+3 R+7 W+3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision; Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 13/20 | Active conditions: -3 CHA
    GM Dennis wrote:

    ... Reading the description of solarian attunement, I don't believe being held stops him from increasing his attunement, though feel free to chime in if you have something to point to that says otherwise.

    This is correct. The only condition that affects it apart from the cycle of combat is consciousness. But he is still conscious. Reference.

    Darkrunner answers Ua.

    We have no aim but self defense. Do you believe him to be pacified now? Will he speak with us reasonably?

    Darkrunner waits to hear Ua's analysis of the aggressor's mental state.

    Delaying until the Kasatha responds to Ua.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    Trylara moves to flank but holds her strike.

    Fully attuned photon.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates
    Uafluozhaheed wrote:

    If he allows me to heal him, Ua will heal him for an additional 29, bringing Ua to 1 hp.

    Sorry, I'm having trouble parsing this. Why would healing him bring Ua up, and to what amount?

    Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    Mystic cure heals the target. If after healing, the target is not at full hp, the caster can use their own hp to add to the healing (up to the hp they have remaining). Ua, being to full hp (30), contributes 29 of the 30. Thus Ua will be at 17 SP and 1 HP. Therefore, the total healing to Kan will be 42.

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "You HAD to do it the hard way. HAD TO." Conrad waves his arm forward inspiring the party to Get'em. He then opens fire with his own pistol.

    ATK: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21 for DMG: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Thanks Ua, got it.

    Kan-Zal--angry, paranoid, and unable to move--does whatever he can to resist Uafluozhaheed's spell.

    Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

    Lacking sufficient strength of will to do so, he's shocked to find the khizar's magic healing his wounds. Ua can sense the fight draining from him, though due to the holding spell he's unable to speak or make any outward sign of surrender.

    Ua can relay this before anyone else fires, though you can choose how you want to proceed.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    Trylara continues to hold her strike, waiting to see what the kasatha does when he regains movement.

    Wayfinders

    Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

    Not eager to kill a kasatha citizen onboard the Idari, Sunshine holds his fire until the young upstart can react.

    Ready action to shoot again if he acts aggressively.

    Readied Action:
    Attack vs. EAC: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
    Damage (E+F): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    "...It is aware and breathes normally but can’t take any physical actions, even speech..." A person under hold person can definitely engage in telepathic conversation.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Yep. That's why I said Ua was able to tell he was done fighting and relay it. He can't say so out loud, throw down his weapons, etc. Based on the character as described in the scenario, I don't think he'd be anxious to have an actual conversation, though.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Seems like most folks aren't eager to keep fighting if he's held and giving up, so I'll move you along.

    When Ua's hold person spell wears off, the young man's shoulders slump. His sullen glare remains, but he releases his solar weapon and makes no more hostile moves, only muttering "Guess you're better at killing people than I am".

    His friends return quickly, accompanied by Master Boojan, who offers you an official apology on behalf of the monastery, and promises that Kan-Zal will be dealt with appropriately. "That one has had a tough life, and we have apparently failed in our duty to help him learn to deal with his anger. He came to us shortly after your society's return from the Scoured Stars, once it was clear that his parents were not among those rescued. I'm afraid he blames you for their misfortune."

    Kan-Zal is led back to the monastery, and you are free to continue your journey to Kahir's ship (stopping for a 10-minute rest, if you would like).

    Eventually you make your return to the Crucible area, where a kasatha with dark skin outstretches his arms as he walks down a ramp exiting the starship designated as the Void Scholar. “Hello! I am Kahir, and this is my beautiful ship, the Void Scholar. You must be the Starfinders I spoke with earlier. You look a bit dusty—I guess monastery life isn’t for everyone.” Chuckling, he continues, “I suppose we should be on our way to find Jadnura. I was planning on heading back to that old temple where I left him anyway. He’s been there for several weeks now. Since you’re here and my last cargo shipment has been sold, I suppose we should get you all on board and get underway!”

    Captain Kahir leads you to some temporary quarters onboard that he's prepared, and after a relatively quick journey into Near Space lasting 3d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1) = 5 days, you arrive in the unnamed system. The captain invites you to the bridge to view the phenomenon from the main view port as he and his crew navigate down to the surface of the nearby asteroid. "The temple is off that way, about an hour's walk. Sorry I couldn't get you closer, but this is the only suitable landing spot on this side of the rock. Head toward those cliffs--should only take half an hour or so--and you'll see a canyon, at the end of which is the path up to the temple. You can't miss it."

    You have a chance to ask any more questions you might have for Kahir, or to make any other preparations you'd like before setting out across the asteroid.

    Wayfinders

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "Thanks for the lift. Hey, what kind of crazy flora or fauna might we run into on the walk there? Asking for a friend who doesn't feel like dying on a strange alien rock."

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    "Are there others out there, or has he been by himself that whole time?"

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    "As far as I know, aside from us Jadnura's the only living thing within a million miles of here."

    Wayfinders

    Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

    Sunshine follows along with his group. "Doesn't mean that anyone's safe. Undead, robots, monstrosities beyond time. All of life's little surprises."

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "Well then. Let's get to it!" Conrad checks the supports on his carbon skin and starts hiking.

    Being a cautious fellow, he keeps his eyes peeled on the way. Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

    Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    When given the opportunity to view the phenomenon, Ua telepathically asks Trylara what she sees.

    As they set off from the ship, Ua gently touches itself and a bubble of air begins swirling about its bulb. It then proceeds to follow the first Starfinder that sets off in the specified direction.

    "If there are flora or fauna I can calm them. Please do not attack such things before I have that opportunity. Life is precious." A short time later Ua broadcasts again, "If there is a ghost, please inform me of where as I cannot perceive them."

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    Trylara responds. "It is..difficult for me to watch. The darkness swallowing the light. Most solarians aspire to harmony between the two and see this as the natural course of things. I guess I haven't reached that point of enlightenment yet. I am tired of darkness."

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Ua and Trylara converse as you walk, helping to pass the time. After about 30 minutes, you reach the foot of a wide canyon, just as directed.

    Up ahead a strange rockslide falls, littering the canyon floor with melted rock as shadows dance from a strange light, just around a corner. Suddenly, springing into view (for everyone except Ua) is a huge, rolling ball of brilliant fire, and it seems to be heading right for you with obvious intent!

    What is it? Mysticism check:
    DC 15:
    Spoiler:
    This is a juvenile solar wisp, a huge elemental of solar fire. As you can guess, it is immune to fire and deals fire damage on its attacks.

    For every 5 by which you beat the DC you may ask another question.

    ---------

    GM Screen:

    Initiative
    Trylara: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    Ua: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
    Darkrunner-42: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
    Conrad: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Oscar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
    Sunshine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
    ?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Initiative!

  • Conrad
  • Sunshine
  • Oscar
  • Darkrunner-42
  • Ua
  • Trylara
  • ?

    Whole party may act!

  • Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    Mysticism, sidereal influence: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 7 + (3) = 24

    "It's a solar wisp, but a young one!" Whatever special defenses I can get, please!

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Trylara knows that the flip side of being immune to fire is often a vulnerability to cold. She also knows that radiation doesn't effect a solar wisp, and that it has all the standard elemental immunities.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    M Male NG witchwyrd Bounty Hunter Technomancer 5 | SP 30/30 HP 29/29 | RP6/6 | EAC 1; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc:+3, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft Techonmancer/5

    Oscar takes a look at the creature.

    mysticism: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

    are there any special attacks we need to avoid?

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "We're getting attacked by the sun! Desna's drawers! Frickin get it!"

    Get'em + move

    Dataphiles

    Male android outlaw operative 3 | SP 11/18 HP 15/22 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | F+3 R+7 W+3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision; Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 13/20 | Active conditions: -3 CHA

    Everyone scatter! Make it choose between spread out targets!

    Darkrunner breaks into a run to the left, hoping other team members choose opposite directions. Along the way he tries to emit interfering solar patterns from his datapad...

    30' movement as part of trick attack

    computers (trick attack) (DC20+target CR), extra damage on success and hit: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 181d8 ⇒ 4 if succeeds, target is flat-footed

    azimuth laser pistol attack, F damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 81d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 lol, no matter how "flat-footed" it is

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Ouch, those rolls, Darkrunner...

    Oenar wrote:
    are there any special attacks we need to avoid?

    It has the engulf special ability.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    "It's immune to fire! Use cold if you can; it hates that! And it deals fire damage!"

    Trylara draws her solar weapon as she marches forward.

    Attuning Graviton this time! Sounds like Reflex saves will be important...

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    A note on terrain, that I should have posted earlier: Craters are difficult terrain, and the walls are 20 feet high, but the asteroid also has low gravity, so you can jump three times as high/far as normal, and don't need to worry about encumberance.

    Dataphiles

    Male android outlaw operative 3 | SP 11/18 HP 15/22 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | F+3 R+7 W+3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision; Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 13/20 | Active conditions: -3 CHA

    Oh, if difficult terrain, then I guess I didn't get as far as I thought I did... adjusting. Also, yes, those rolls :/

    Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    Ua merely walks forward, aware but curious to 'see' this creature.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    M Male NG witchwyrd Bounty Hunter Technomancer 5 | SP 30/30 HP 29/29 | RP6/6 | EAC 1; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc:+3, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft Techonmancer/5

    Oscar pulls out his Thunderstrikke pistol and takes a shot at the creature.

    pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
    damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    And then moves back


    *BZZZT!* "BOTTING SUNSHIIIIIIINE:" *BZZZT!*

    Sunshine, hearing of the creature's engulf ability, moves forward to spread the party out. Double move.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates
    Darkrunner-42 wrote:
    Oh, if difficult terrain, then I guess I didn't get as far as I thought I did...

    Only the craters (and the long gouges) are difficult terrain. The flat ground by where you started is not.

    -----

    Oscar lands a quick shot on the creature while the rest of the party moves forward. Darkrunner's laser shot goes wide before he's warned that the fire isn't likely to work anyway.

    The area around you begins to glow with reflected illumination from the great ball of solar fire rolling toward you. It moves quickly toward the nearest Starfinder, engulfing Trylara!

    Trylara Reflex, attuned graviton: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

    I checked with Trylara about her options, but what I would like everyone else to do to make this easy is to put either a Reflex save or an Attack of Opportunity in a spoiler labed 'Engulf' on your turn, that I can use if this thing tries to engulf you.

    If Trylara is still engulfed at the start of her turn she takes: Fire damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Conrad
  • Sunshine
  • Oscar
  • Darkrunner-42
  • Ua
  • Trylara pinned
  • Juvenile Solar Wisp 4 damage

    Whole party may act!

  • Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "Hey you. Your mama was a brown dwarf..... star!" Conrad actually takes an intentionally bad shot, hoping to trick the creature into a wrong move.

    Bluff: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + (3) + 1 = 34 if successful, feint makes the creature flatfooted to everyone + Get'em.

    Dataphiles

    Male android outlaw operative 3 | SP 11/18 HP 15/22 | RP 4/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | F+3 R+7 W+3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision; Perc: +8, SM: +6 | Speed 40ft | Holographic Clone: 1/1 | Laser Pistol Charges: 13/20 | Active conditions: -3 CHA

    Darkrunner continues along the northern edge of the wide drepression, trying a strobing light effect from his datapad to cause a distraction.

    computers (trick attack) (DC20+target CR), extra damage on success and hit: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 241d8 ⇒ 4 if succeeds, target is flat-footed
    azimuth laser pistol attack, F damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    engulf:

    Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
    azimuth laser pistol attack of opportunity, F damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 161d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Darkrunner:
    A few things:
    1. Sorry if I wasn't clear. If it tries to engulf you, you get to make the reflex save OR make an attack of opportunity. Which would you choose to do?

    2. Do you have some ability that lets you make an attack of opportunity with a ranged weapon? You can't normally with a ranged weapon.

    3. Darkrunner has been told already that this creature is immune to fire, and thus that his laser pistol will have no effect. You may want to switch weapons.

    Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    Ua plods away from the solar creature, though it is obvious that Ua enjoys the proximity. Ua then reaches out its consciousness to dampen the creature's mind.

    Mind Thrust DC 16: 2d10 ⇒ (10, 5) = 15

    AOO:

    Venom Spur, fort DC 14: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
    damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
    1d6 damage for a failed Fort save, continues every round until Fort save is made

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    M Male NG witchwyrd Bounty Hunter Technomancer 5 | SP 30/30 HP 29/29 | RP6/6 | EAC 1; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc:+3, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft Techonmancer/5

    Oscar takes another shot with is pistol.

    pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
    damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Spoiler:

    reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    Trylara tries to get out!

    attack roll to get free: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 4 = 13

    I think that's how that works?

    Wayfinders

    Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

    From his position of relative safety, Sunshine conjures three motes of transparent force from the atmosphere. "Not quite 'the darkness,' but okay." He hurls them at the solar wisp.

    Full action cast magic missile at the wisp.

    Force Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 = 9

    Two 1st-level spells cast at this point.

    Grand Lodge

    Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

    Conrad draws the creature's attention with in intentionally errant shot, then directs his allies on how best to take advantage. Darkrunner, meanwhile, lands his own shot but his laser has no effect (as Trylara told you, it is immune to fire). Sunshine and Ua assault the creature with magic, while Oscar lands a well-placed shot with his sonic pistol (elementals are immune to critical hits, which I suspect you know since you didn't roll the extra damage).

    Will save vs. Mind Thrust: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

    Trylara is burned by the creature's fiery body as she struggles, unsuccessfully to break free. That looks right, Trylara. My understanding is that you need either (a) an attack roll at KAC+8 to take control of the grapple, or (b) and Acrobatics check to escape equal to KAC+10. Either way, you roll at a -4 penalty for being pinned. If anyone thinks otherwise, feel free to chime in.

    ---------

    The creature continues rolling, this time engulfing Ua in its burning mass! Ua tries to stab it as it rolls in, but is unable to make contact.

    Trylara fire damage at start of turn (if still engulfed): 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
    Ua fire damage at start of turn (if still engulfed): 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Conrad
  • Sunshine
  • Oscar
  • Darkrunner-42
  • Ua pinned
  • Trylara pinned, 10 damage
  • Juvenile Solar Wisp 31 damage

    Whole party may act!

  • Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    Female LG half-orc dream prophet solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 34/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 20; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4 | Init: +2 | Perc:+5, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Attunement: none | Active conditions: None.

    Trylara tries again to escape!

    attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5

    Wayfinders

    Male Rhyphorian Technomancer 6; SP 42/42, HP 34/34, RP 7/7; EAC 19, KAC 20, Mobility; F +4, R +6, W +7; Resist cold 5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +13, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Spell Slots Used: 1x2, 2x1

    Sunshine's brow furrows. "Drop already, you ball of flaming suck!"

    Same action.

    Force Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) + 3 = 12

    3 1st-level spells cast.

    Wayfinders

    Male NG Human Icon Envoy 5 | SP 34/34 HP 34/34| RP 5/5 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9+d6+1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "Come on now, stay in the fight! We've got this!" Trylara regains 8 Stamina. Get'em for the whole party.

    Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

    M Male NG witchwyrd Bounty Hunter Technomancer 5 | SP 30/30 HP 29/29 | RP6/6 | EAC 1; KAC 16 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +5 | Init: +5 | Perc:+3, SM: +1 | Speed 30 ft Techonmancer/5

    Oscar tries to hit it again with his pistol.

    pistol: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

    Wayfinders

    Khizar Wild Warden Mystic (Xenodruid) 4 / Envoy (Phrenic Adept) 2 | AC 9 | SP: 48/48 | HP: 42/42 | DR 1/- | RP: 8/8 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +11 | Perc +14 | Limited Telepathy 240ft, Blindsight (life) 30ft, Blindsense (vibration) 30ft | 1st: 5/5 | 2nd: 3/3

    Surprisingly, I think I can cast a spell while pinned and taking periodic damage. If I'm wring then ignore this.

    Mind Thrust DC 16: 2d10 ⇒ (2, 10) = 12

    101 to 150 of 304 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Dennis SFS 1-26 - Truth of the Seeker All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.