Zirnakaynin: Blood and Darkness: The Gladiatrix Saga

Game Master Dragoncat

A campaign set in the drow city of Zirnakaynin, following a band of gladiators as they fight their way to gold, glory and the promise of freedom.

Performance Combat Rules
Maps!

CROWD ATTITUDES!
Anabel: Indifferent
Brevka: Helpful
Kaxatja: Friendly
Lilamma: Friendly
Lyra'an: Helpful

VICTORY POINTS: 2

Current Date: Starday, 7th of Sarenith, 4705 AR


351 to 400 of 440 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Alright! Back in the saddle! Thank you for your patience!

The gladiatrixes reunite and the day eventually concludes...
-------------------------
Fireday, 6th of Sarenith, 4705 AR

When the gladiatrixes are awoken today, there's an order going out to assemble in the main dining hall. The other gladiators of the ludus are assembled: the orc-blooded team, a team of five drow (four males and one female), a stone-faced Kamala and the ever-nervous Erevas.

First Daughter Alaunirra is standing at the entrance to the ludus with another drow female, this one dressed in a long, flowing silver dress slit up to her hip and wearing matching silver-coloured sandals. Several rings are on her fingers, the largest of which is a signet ring with a jet-black stone engraved on it.

DC 10 Knowledge (Local/Nobility):
This female appears to be a noble of House Parastric, judging from her signet ring.

"Gladiators!" Alaunirra steps forward. "Today, we have a most distinguished guest." She gestures to the silver-clad female. "This is Lady Chardalyn. She has come to me with a most unusual request--she has asked me for the services of some of our finest warriors."

"Lady Chardalyn?"

The lady steps forward, walking down the line of assembled gladiators.

She walks past the all-drow team without even a second glance. The males blanch and start to grumble amongst themselves, whereas the female looks quietly pleased.

She pauses at the orcs, looking each of them over with an appraising eye. She makes a couple of approving nods before moving on.

She looks over Kamala and Erevas, sneering at the surface elf but otherwise not remarking on either of them.

And finally, she reaches the party. Her eyes light up when she sees Kaxatja and she walks right up to her immediately.

"...yes..." She looks the drider over with a very interested eye. "...remarkable. The perfect blend of intelligence and ruthlessness..."

She gives the rest of the party a cursory glance before looking back at Alaunirra. "These five will do."

"What?!" The leader of the drow team stamps his foot and runs a hand through his normally straight, pristine hair. "But they're not even the best! WE'RE the best! Hells, the ORCS have seen more combat than them!"

Alaunirra turns a harsh glare on the leader, but he either doesn't notice or doesn't seem to care.

"Why THAT motley collection of iblith and not me?!"


Anabel puts her hands on her hips and sticks her tongue out at the leader of the drow team when her back is turned, but otherwise remains silent.


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kaxatja blanches as she realises who Lady Chardalyn is, but holds her gaze steely as she is crudely examined and ignored as nothing more than a...creature.

So. A creature I am. Cast out, and now dragged back to be a pawn. Now it is my move.

Once their group is chosen, Kaxatja bows long and low, all seeming deferential and grateful in the one movement.


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +4 | SA +1d8

Lyra'an likewise flashes the pompous drow a quick taunting grin while unobserved.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 1 Init +2 Hp 10/10 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Know local: 1d20 ⇒ 16

Lilamma just looks at the leader of the drow's gladiator's team until he lowers his eyes and admits their superiority

Intimidate, Kyton born: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28

It will be an honor to suffer, maim, kill and die for you, Lady Chardalyn.


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Knowledge (local): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

Brevka didn't know who this Chardalyn was, but if Lilamma was happy, then this was probably going to hurt...

At least I know where we stand with her.


The drow team leader glares back at Lilamma, a vein visibly bulging in his temple. When he sees that she isn't backing down, he lets out an indignant snort and looks back at Lady Chardalyn.

"The fact that you feel compelled to ask is reason enough." She replies with a cursory glare at him. "I've little use for someone so obviously trying to curry favour with his betters."

The leader's hands clench into fists. The female next to him can't hide her mirthful smirk.

"Now, gladiators--come with me." She swiftly turns about, her dress billowing up a bit to expose her slender, graceful legs before striding out the ludus doors and turning towards the Chapel of Nurgal.

The drow leader glares daggers at the gladiatrixes as they leave.
--------------------
The main hall of the chapel is quiet today, with only a few guards stationed at the entrances to the other wings on duty.

The drow noble walks up the stone steps to the massive statue of Nurgal and looks back at the assembled team. She nods at Kaxatja with a look of fascination and pride. "House Volatexia has good taste in specimens." She says aloud before turning to the rest of the team.

"For those of you unaware of who I am, allow me to introduce myself--I am Lady Chardalyn, Second Daughter of House Parastric and First Alchemist of Haagenti." She rolls a silver token between her fingers with a smug smirk on her face.

"I require your capable hands for... a tribute collection, of sorts."


Anabel quirks an eyebrow. "Tribute? What exactly do you mean?"


"I was getting to that." The noble shoots Anabel the briefest of annoyed glares.

"In order for House Parastric to serve Zirnakaynin in the manner in which they have come to expect of Us, we require... resources."

"Sometimes, that involves a payment of gold from those who have adopted our Standard." Lady Chardalyn shrugs. "Sometimes... more natural resources must be acquired."

"There are three merchants in the city that have neglected to pay Us what we are owed. I want you to extract Our tribute from them."


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 1 Init +2 Hp 10/10 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

A pound of flesh, maybe?

Couldn't let this one pass..


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Brevka grunted, unconcerned for the merchants.

"Do we need to bring them back in order to pay? Or is it something we can carry once they give it up."


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kaxatja burns in shame and dishonor, bereft of family and clan...and even people.

A specimen of Volatexia..though Parastric cast me out and disfigured me thus. And Second Daughter either refuses to acknowledge me...or worse, knows not my lineage.

Seeing little point in asking questions that won’t be answered, beast as she is, Kaxatja merely stands mute, tall and spindly, awaiting an indication that the interview is over, and that the work can begin.


Lilamma wrote:
"A pound of flesh, maybe?"

"Perhaps more than a pound, if they're especially foolish." Lady Chardalyn chortles. "But not too much. Dead men cannot pay their debts."

Brevka wrote:
"Do we need to bring them back in order to pay? Or is it something we can carry once they give it up."

"The tribute should be something you can all carry. Alternatively, if they cannot pay, then bring them before me." Her smirk appears again, her teeth shining with cruelty. "We'll work something out."


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Brevka spoke carefully around her tusks, irked to be returning to a discussion in the Taldan tradetongue so soon after speaking a more comfortable language.

"I know there are places where warriors do not bear arms. What will we be given to do this?"


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kaxatja straightens a little.

"Mistress. Be it ever so impertinent to bother you with such details. I wish for the weapons and armor I am trained in. And, perhaps a crossbow. Some bolts." the drider begins, warming to the task as she perceives some measure of planning might suffice.

"Are we to be caparison'd as of your House and thus advertise a measure of your might and power and the consequence for failure to pay dues, or are we to be enforcers of a more discreet nature?" Kaxatja finishes, doubling the impertinence by meeting Chardalyn'd eyes with her own.

What more can they do to me?


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

"For do we not need to prove our validity as collectors? Who else might believe a greenskin, a surfacer, a shadow and a spike join with a spider to do thus..."


Brevka wrote:
"I know there are places where warriors do not bear arms. What will we be given to do this?"

"First Daughter Alaunirra has made arrangements for you to be armed as you have become trained and accustomed to." Lady Chardalyn replies.

Kaxatja wrote:
"Are we to be caparison'd as of your House and thus advertise a measure of your might and power and the consequence for failure to pay dues, or are we to be enforcers of a more discreet nature?"

Lady Chardalyn blinks in surprise. "Hmm. Remarkably verbose. And she even used the term 'caparison' correctly." She whispers to herself, tilting her head at the drider and appraising her again.

"Yes, rest assured you will. You will all bear a mark of House Parastric: a sash to wear, so that those who cross your path will know to stray far from it."


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Brevka bows her head, there were too many witnesses here to lose face in front of for her to even think about smarting off.

Figures Legs would know how to make nice.


Anabel nods, trying to hide her distaste for the task. "Very well. We will do as instructed."


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 1 Init +2 Hp 10/10 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

These thieves do need to suffer for the offense to your House, I suppose?


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +4 | SA +1d8

Lyra'an gives a respectful bow, preferring not to draw undue attention to herself at the moment.


Alrighty! Thank you for your patience!

Lilamma wrote:
"These thieves do need to suffer for the offense to your House, I suppose?"

"If they resist. But, do try not to maim them too badly. Even if they are treacherous, their services are still of use to Us."

Lady Chardalyn claps her hands once. "Good. Good."

"Come, let us get your equipment ready."

She ushers the group out of the chapel of Nurgal and towards the armoury of House Volatexia.
---------------------
The armoury of House Volatexia is a room that the gladiators have never been allowed to enter before--and its opulence rivals that of the chapel of Nurgal. Murals of gladiators engaging in brutal combat with each other line the walls of the room, each of them crafted with a care that none have ever seen them give their warriors. The north and south ends of the armoury have statues of barely-clad drow gladiators standing watch, their stone gladii crossed in front of their chests in the shape of an X. The weapon and armour racks are separated along the east and west walls of the room, respectively--and large stone basins of clear oil rest at the foot of each statue. The murals glow with an uncomfortably warm yellow light. Two drow guards stand on duty at the far end of the armoury, their eyes darting between the assembled gladiatrixes and the nearby weapons.

"Now, as to the three merchants who owe Us tribute..." Lady Chardalyn continues.

"One is an herbalist, Daveth Sharrazzar. I would recommend seeking him out first--he is a cowardly sort, and should prove to be of little trouble for you. He owes Us several vials of a particular rare fungus known for its potent hallucinogenic properties. His apothecary can be found in the Razor Quarter, south of Volatexia's ludus--look for the shop with the crossed mushroom sign."

"The second is Ineriza Xandurae. She owes House Parastric a quantity of a hundred gold pieces--a fair tax for her brisk trade in processed material. She's a stubborn one, but quite skilled in her trade--she may need some convincing, so long as it doesn't cripple her ability to work. You may find her domicile in the Umbral Quarter--look to the west of the ludus, for 45 Seer's Row."

"The last is, perhaps, the most difficult. Traxivus Kinlith is a procurer of strange wildlife, and his latest specimen--or, rather, specimens, are to be delivered to us. Tell me, do any of you know what a skum is?"

DC 12 Knowledge (Nature):
Skum are a monstrous humanoid race created by aboleths to serve as slaves. They're resistant to cold, and their claws and teeth can rend flesh easily.


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kacatja ignores the question, rather posing advice of her own.

”Word may spread once we shake down the first mark. The closer we get to the last, the more warning they might have. Unless they are all in close proximity to one another, I suggest we target the procurer of specimens first, given they are feted as the toughest opponent...” Kaxatja looks to her companions.

”Perhaps rather than march in and demand satisfaction, a ruse might be in order, possibly involving a prospective trade - a drider for...something else... Nurgal knows I need no training to pretend bondage...” Kaxatja holds her arms out crossed at the wrists in imitation of manacled imprisonment by way of illustrating her point.


Lady Chardalyn shrugs. "If you feel so inclined. It matters not how you retrieve the skum, only that you do. They're... of interest to Us."

"Kinlith's Menagerie can be found to the southwest, on the border of the Razor and Umbral Quarters. Just follow the smell of unwashed animals and you'll find it--it's a ring of cages with an office at one end."


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +4 | SA +1d8

"If the herbalist is a coward, better to get him before he goes into hiding." Lyra'an suggests to the others.


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

"Baby Blades has a point, Legs. The scum dealer will have a lot harder time packing up ahead of our little visit." She tapped a hard nail against one of her tusks as she mused, "Doesn't mean we have to go in strength though..."


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

”You misunderstand me Brevka - it’s not losing the scent I’m concerned about - I’m trying to avoid the toughest mark getting tougher, having time to prepare once news spreads. And spread it will.

The drider pulses, body bobbing on her spindly legs.

”No matter. Either concern is valid and as likely. I will not push the point.


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 1 Init +2 Hp 10/10 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

As long as they all suffer , the order in which we break them doesn't truly matters to me

Lilamma waits with trepidation until she can get some wicked weapons


”I shall defer to the rest of the group’s decision,” Anabel says.


As the gladiatrixes are getting their gear together, the armoury door opens behind Lady Chardalyn. In walks the archery trainer, twirling one of her hand crossbows while carrying five silken silver sashes, each of them bearing an image of an obsidian-coloured stone on a silver shield.

"How're our favourite ladies doing today?" She asks before shrugging. "Don't answer that--I already know."

"These sashes here will be what you'll wear to represent House Parastric's interests." She moves around the assembled party, slipping them on each of you. "A little bit of insurance, if you will."

The sashes feel unnaturally heavy as the trainer puts them on you. They don't feel like they're made of silk--more like they're made of iron.

"Oh, and Lady Alaunirra's asked me to babysit the lot of you." She adds once the last sash has been distributed. "Hope that's not a problem."

Lady Chardalyn gives the trainer an offended sneer. "Ex-cuse me? This is a House Parastric affair. I've an overseer of my own for this task."

"House Volatexia policy." The trainer replies, not even deigning to look the noblewoman in the eye. "It's our assets being deployed, it's our agents that'll oversee them. Don't like it, take it to Lady Alaunirra."


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +4 | SA +1d8

Lyra'an manages to stifle the smile that comes to her lips at the trainer's nonchalant defiance, though she does flicker a grin when she catches her eye. Curious, the runs her fingers along the sash, fascinated by the material.


Anabel dons her sash and nods, ready to proceed.


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kaxatja’s frame sinks a little as the lode-sash falls upon her. She shrugs her shoulders to ease the strange burden. Her head cocks to one side.

”So five slaves wear sashes of Parastric, while a Volatexia overseer accompanies us. What sash will you wear?” she asks Alaunirra’s trainer.


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 1 Init +2 Hp 10/10 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Lilamma studies the sash, in case it could be used to hurt someone (or even herself, a girl gotta dream!)

Maybe I could strangle someone with it… or maybe use it to tie someone..

Just to be sure before we go. Do we have to give back the sashes clean and spotless, when we come back?


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Brevka takes the weight nonchalantly, rolling her shoulders to help the sash settle more comfortably.

"And what should we call you anyways, overseer?"


Kaxatja wrote:
”So five slaves wear sashes of Parastric, while a Volatexia overseer accompanies us. What sash will you wear?”

The trainer smirks. "Won't need a sash. I've got a nice cloak to wear."

Lilamma wrote:
"Just to be sure before we go. Do we have to give back the sashes clean and spotless, when we come back?"

Lady Chardalyn shakes her head, still glaring at the trainer. "That's what We have help for."

Brevka wrote:
"And what should we call you anyways, overseer?"

"Ooh, overseer..." The trainer's smirk gets a bit bigger. "...I like the sound of that."

"Or Johysis. Either works." She shrugs.

Lady Chardalyn clears her throat. "Yes, I'm certain this is all rather important, but every minute you waste here is another minute Our demands go unfulfilled. I suggest you decide who to approach first, and decide quickly."

Johysis turns on her heel and leaves the armoury.


"The herbalist first, then? Daveth Sharrazzar." Anabel follows after Johysis.


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 14 | Fort +1 Ref +4, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +4 | SA +1d8

"Works for me!" Lrya'an says falling in after Anabel.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anabel looks over her shoulder and gives the cheerful fetchling a grin.


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kaxatja nods and seems to say the trainer’s name under her breath as if trying to memorise it.

”Let us go”. the drider says firmly, hefting her net and harpoon.


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Brevka finishes strapping on her armor and takes a few test swings with her blade before following after, gripping the hilt tightly to keep from showing undue excitement at today's relative freedom.


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 1 Init +2 Hp 10/10 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +1 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Lilamma unwrolls her steely, spike-adorned chain, and caress it lasciviously

Taki, Taki... Soon your thirst for blood will be quenched.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When the gladiatrixes emerge from the armoury, they see Johysis striding towards them, a sharp-looking golden cloak billowing from her shoulders. Her crossbows are hanging on her belt. "Right. This way, ladies." She turns and strides off, leading them back through the chapel and out into the thronging streets beyond.

Zirnakaynin, Last Home of the Elves
Theme of Zirnakaynin

The trainer steps out into the street and turns back to the assembled gladiatrixes. All around them, people hurry and scurry about, each of them moving with a pace that betrays a feeling of fear. Large riding lizards pad through the throng in places, towing behind them wagons of strange wares and stranger creatures. On one street corner, a drow female in impractically gilded and skimpy chainmail berates a hapless, ashen-skinned gnome in rags--on another, a pair of grey-skinned dwarves haggle with a drow male in a large, threadbare cloak that jingles with glass vials. Throughout it all, an uncomfortable, ethereal violet glow permeates everything, shining from the windows of elaborately-constructed homes, streetlights carved from black stone and patches of fungi growing in the otherwise barren corners of alleys and side streets.

Johysis moves through the throng with contemptuous ease, leading the party into the southernmost streets of the Last Home of the Elves. A few human slaves in barely more than loincloths and shackles pause in their work to gawk at the women, only to be lashed back into labor by a male drow overseer in dark grey leathers.

Eventually, you find the shop mentioned by Lady Chardalyn. It's a simple, two-story home--the bottom floor is visible through a glass window while the top floor seems to be entirely windowless. A sign hangs above the shop's door, bearing an image of two crossed mushrooms.

"And here we are." Johysis leans against a nearby streetlamp and starts fiddling with one of her crossbows.


The sights of the city fascinate the shaman, despite the dire undercurrent to everything. She takes in as much as she can.

When they reach the shop, Anabel stays behind her larger companions, silently hoping they can resolve this matter without bloodshed. She lets the others take the lead.


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 1 | HP 14/14(16) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +5 | Rage Rounds 7/7

Brevka stalks through the streets with the same swagger she brings to the sands, with no trace of the fear she'd shown Lyra'an and Nathrae in the baths.

There wasn't her cell, or a sylvan glade that whispered lies of escape to a mind with nothing else to heed, this was a brutal city of dominance and pain, blood and power. Out here was practically home.

"Does the shop have a back entrance? Someone should make sure Sharrazzar can't run far."


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Does the building give onto a back lane or street or is it built/carved into a cavern wall? If it looks like there might be a rear egress:

Kaxatja’s head cocks characteristically to the side. ”Good idea. And the best catcher is the one that won’t fit inside, and has a net, which will likely also be as useless in close quarters.” Kaxatja shakes her net to make the point.

”Honoured Johysis. [here bows low to the overseer] Care to accompany me? You wouldn’t wish one of your charges to escape on their first venture outside the slave pit...


A small side alley is next to the shop, barely wide enough for a large creature to walk down it comfortably. Investigation of the alley reveals a few stone garbage bins, a back door, and what looks like a sleeping, ashen-skinned vagrant in a filthy brown cloak.

Kaxatja wrote:
”Honoured Johysis. Care to accompany me? You wouldn’t wish one of your charges to escape on their first venture outside the slave pit...”

Johysis chuckles. "Oh, I'm not worried. If you try to run..."

She eyes the sashes each of the gladiatrixes wear. "...you won't get far."

"But, I can tell just how lonely you are." The overseer twists the word around her tongue, sharpening it to a bolt. She plucks a crossbow from her belt and starts twirling it around her finger by its trigger guard. "I'll humour you... for now."


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

Kaxatja’s eyes widen imperceptibly at mention of the likely consequences of fleeing but she nevertheless remains impassive.

”So. The sashes are our leash. Clever.” she returns stonily.

After a brief reconnoitre of the back alley (Kaxatja will check that the vagrant is just that...)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

she reports to the others.

”You could alternatively enter from the back...

[ooc]If frontal assault Kaxatja and Johysis will guard the back.


Kaxatja's Perception:
Aside from the vagrant, there are a few patches of odd-coloured fungus around the trash bins.

You catch a glimpse of the vagrant's face as you examine the alley. He has a filthy grey patch of chin stubble and gently pointed ears. There's also a half-empty bottle of some sort of foul-smelling liquid in his hand.


Female Neutral Drider HP 11/11 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +3; Ref: +1; Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Per +6 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +2 CMD 13 (+25 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +6

”It looks like the herbalist could be experimenting with odd botany - his waste pile appears to be escaping into bloom...” Kaxatja alerts her crew.

351 to 400 of 440 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zirnakaynin: Blood and Darkness: The Gladiatrix Saga Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.