Zirnakaynin: Blood and Darkness: The Gladiatrix Saga

Game Master Dragoncat

A campaign set in the drow city of Zirnakaynin, following a band of gladiators as they fight their way to gold, glory and the promise of freedom.

Performance Combat Rules
Maps!

CROWD ATTITUDES!
Anabel: Indifferent
Brevka: Helpful
Kaxatja: Friendly
Lilamma: Friendly
Lyra'an: Helpful

VICTORY POINTS: 2

Current Date: Starday, 7th of Sarenith, 4705 AR


451 to 500 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 2 Init +2 Hp 17/17 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +2 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Are they the people we seek?


They seem to match the descriptions Daveth gave you.


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

Kaxatja’s response:
With grim resolve, Kaxatja climbs up the wall to bring her humanoid torso level with the window to allow a good throw of her net. She chooses the drow female as her target...

[Take 10 on climb for 18]

Throw!!!: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 = 18 [+1 Dex, +1 Weapon Focus (Net)]

Is Kaxatja considered to be flanking? Does she receive a penalty for throwing through a window?


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 2 | HP 24/24(28) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +6 | Rage Rounds 9/9

Brevka's mouth splits wide into a fierce smile at the drow's approach. "Finally, someone who's really asking for it."


Finally got a chance to post!

Only the range increment, Kaxatja, in this instance.

It's not an easy feat for Kaxatja to accomplish, threading a thrown net through a window, through a doorway, and ensnaring someone from that distance away. A lesser gladiator would have failed outright. Even a seasoned gladiator would have hesitated to make that throw.

But, House Volatexia's gladiators are said to be the best of the best.

And the drider proves it by managing to catch the ringleader.

The robed drow starts flailing about, violet magic sparks shooting every which way. "GET THIS NET OFF ME AND KILL THEM! NOW!"

Initiative (Anabel): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Initiative (Brevka): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Initiative (Kaxatja): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Initiative (Lilamma): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Initiative (Lyra'an): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Initiative (Ringleader): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Initiative (Duergar): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Initiative (Troglodyte): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Initiative (Kobold): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 1: Lyra'an is up!


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

There is a brief flicker of motion and a glint of steel as a dagger seems to suddenly appear in the troglodyte's chest.

Dagger(concealed throw): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d4 ⇒ 4
Sneak stab: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Lyra'an's dagger sticks the troglodyte right in the chest, causing the lizardman to reel and cough up blood in surprise.

The ringleader starts trying to cast a spell while trapped in the net...

Concentration?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

...and a layer of slippery grease forms underneath Lilamma and Brevka!

Both must make DC 14 Reflex Saves or fall prone.

One duergar growls and lunges at Lyra'an, his fists flying!

Punch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Concealment?: 1d100 ⇒ 39 WHIFF!

His balled up knuckles fly on what looks like a straight arc towards Lyra'an's stomach--and the kayal's natural affinity for shadow causes him to misjudge her position, his hand finding purchase on the wall behind her. His fist goes right through the flimsy wooden wall with a *CRASH!*

The other duergar starts trying to rip the net off of his boss!

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

And he's unable to grab a firm enough hold of the net to even start!

Lilamma, Kaxatja, Anabel!


Anabel calls on the spirits to bless her allies!

Cast bless, +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear.


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 2 Init +2 Hp 17/17 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +2 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Reflex DC 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Lilamma nearly, nearly managed to stand...


You can still take actions while prone, Lilamma.


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 2 Init +2 Hp 17/17 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +2 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Perform Dancing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Lilamma gets up.

But with jaw dropping style, using her dancing skills to the utmost


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

TSC: Can Kaxatja try to drag the drow toward the window? Kaxatja has the trailing line and can keep the drow from moving away with an opposed Strength check, but what if Kaxatja holds the line and drops off the wall and moves away while pulling on the line? Opposed Strength check to drag?


Kaxatja: Sure, I’ll allow it.


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 2 | HP 24/24(28) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +6 | Rage Rounds 9/9

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Despite her familiarity with being oiled up, Brevka wasn't expecting it here and pitches to the ground with a tremendous thud.

Still, despite her bulk, she hauls herself to her feet, gingerly moving out of the slicked area to menace the drow who dared to embarrass her.
Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

I think? I'm having some trouble with the map. I didn't see where the grease was marked on the map, but if it hit me and Lil, but not the kobold then I think I've got it. Also, are we surrounded by a dozen drow, seven trogs, nine duergar, three tables(?), five mule-sized wheels of cheese(?) and a kobold?

EDIT
Blerg. Just saw that I wasn't actually up yet. I'll keep this turn or reroll it as you choose.


Just marked the greased area on the map.

The yellow circles are supposed to be humans. Sorry.

The purple circles are meant to be pallets of blankets and pillows.


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

Kaxatja grins as her target is caught. She drops gleefully off the wall using her dropping weight to drag the net, then runs away from the wall, straining on the rope.

Str: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


STR: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Kaxatja roughly yanks the ringleader off her feet and drags her towards the window, causing her to start cursing rapidly.

Brevka gets to her feet and advances on the net dragging the drow leader away.

The kobold, seeing that nobody seems to be paying him any more attention, tries to find a place to hide...

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

...and he vanishes. The canister is lying right where he left it.

The troglodyte takes a few steps towards Lyra'an, falters, and collapses on a pile of blankets.

Round 2: Lyra'an!


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

Smiling as the troglodyte falls, Lyra'an swiftly moves over to scoop up the cannister, flickering in and out in the wan light, before moving to stand beside Anabel.


Back in!

The duergar striking at Lyra'an attempts to punch her as she moves to retrieve the canister...

AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Concealment?: 1d100 ⇒ 97 Hit!

...and this time his fist manages to connect with her cheek with a meaty *CRUNCH*.

The ringleader tries to cast another spell as she's being dragged away...

Concentration: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

...and her body becomes coated in a slick layer of grease. "You're both bloody incompetent! Get them!" She growls as she starts to wriggle around in the net.

The two duergar leap to the attack, with one braving the grease to follow Lyra'an--

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

--and manages to neatly leap his way through the grease without falling over. He doesn't seem to have noticed Lilamma next to him--or care.

The other duergar lunges at Brevka with a flying knee--

Stunning Strike?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

--and it connects right with her nose!

DC 12 Fortitude Save to avoid being Stunned for 1 round.

Lilamma, Anabel, Kaxatja, Brevka!


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 2 Init +2 Hp 17/17 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +2 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

Chain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
dmg: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

Lilamma strikes with her wicked, spiked chain


Lilamma's chain rakes across the duergar's back, causing him to hiss. Blood stains the back of his torn rags.

Anabel, Kaxatja, Brevka!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anabel winces as Lyra'an takes a heavy blow. She moves to her side to heal her.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Cast before moving to avoid AoOs.


Anabel moves through a wad of grease--

Reflex Save?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

--and manages to get to Lyra'an's side to heal her without falling over.

Kaxatja & Brevka!


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 2 | HP 24/24(28) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +6 | Rage Rounds 9/9

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Brevka reels, blood streaming from her nose, but the duergar only rouses her to fury!

Falchion (rage, PA): 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 - 1 = 17
Slashing: 2d4 + 7 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (1, 1) + 7 + 3 + 3 = 15


It appears all the duergar really accomplished was making Brevka angry.

Her falchion rakes upwards across his chest, sending a spray of gore across the nearby pile of blankets. He lets out a strangled, gurgling cry of agony.

Kaxatja!


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

Kaxatja leaps back to the window and thrusting her trident stabs at the netted drow.

Whishk; Pbttt!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 151d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 [+2 Str]


When the ringleader finally sees who's caught her in a net, she lets out a petrified scream of terror.

It's promptly silenced by a trident to her skull, impaling her through both of her eyes.

Lyra'an!


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

Reeling from the devastating punch, Lyra'an breathes a sigh of relief as she feels Anabel's gentle touch and soothing magic. Quickly producing another hidden blade, she strikes at the dwarf that struck her.

Dagger(concealed stab)vs FF opponent (grease/moved this turn): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d4 ⇒ 4
SNEAK STAB: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Lyra'an's dagger finds the duergar's throat with ease. He goes down gurgling, face first into the slick flophouse floor.

The remaining duergar seems to realize just how much trouble he's in and starts running for one of the rooms on the southern side of the flophouse in full retreat.

Combat over.

The ringleader was carrying:
--3 doses of pesh;
--2 potion vials containing clear blue fluid;
--1 vial of yellow oil.

DC 16 Spellcraft (Clear Blue Potions):
Potions of cure light wounds.

DC 16 Spellcraft (Yellow Oil):
An oil of magic weapon.

The dead duergar was carrying:
--2 doses of pesh;
--1 potion of clear blue fluid.

The other occupants of the flophouse take notice of the ruckus the party raised and give the gladiatrixes a wide berth.


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

Kaxatja will climb in through the window, if she fits...like the room gives birth to a drider...and uncermoniously dump the drow woman out of her net. She will then rifle through the body for more personal effects. Pins, combs, brooches etc. Anything that might be a personal memento, keepsake, house sigil... The drider has a penchant for drow stuff...having once been...drow.


The remaining 'patrons' of the flophouse collectively retreat with gasps of surprise and fear as Kaxatja squeezes her way in through the window and unceremoniously dumps the drow ringleader's corpse in the middle of the room.

Kaxatja:
Among her possessions, you find a small silver brooch in the shape of a grinning mask and a hair-toothed comb made of what looks like the blackened bone of some manner of creature.


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

Kaxatja finds a comb and brooch on the female drow. The drider smiles a little wistfully, turns the comb over in her hands before placing it in her own hair. She holds the brooch up to let light play on it before secreting in the bodice of her leathers. She looks up to the assembled crew.

”Do we have what we came for?


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

"Yes." Lyra'an says holding up the cannister with a grin. "At least I assume this is what all the fuss is about. Anyone have any idea what's in the vials?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 2 | HP 24/24(28) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +6 | Rage Rounds 9/9

Brevka dips a finger into each of the potions and gives them a quick lick.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 12

"Nope. No idea."

She lets the arcane power that flooded through her veins lapse, but despite her weariness does her best to project an unconcerned, unconscious strength as she addresses her audience, casually posing to display the raw power in her physique to her best advantage.

"You see? Swift, merciless brutality and cunning finesse. Watch us spill blood across the sands; ally yourself to the house of our mistress and watch your foes slink away like whipped curs. Either way," she bared her tusks in a grin smoldering with promise, "you get quite a show."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 +6 vs. attractable-types


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 2 Init +2 Hp 17/17 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +2 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

I don't know. Not even sure we are supposed to know.Could we get in troubles if someone knew?

asks Lilamma with hope in her eyes


Take 10 on Spellcraft to ID potions.

Anabel's eyes glow blue as she studies the potions for a few minutes. "Healing potions, and an oil to make your weapon magical."


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

"Ooohh that sounds useful!" Lyra'an says with a smile. "Thank you for the healing, by the way, that's twice I owe you now."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"My pleasure," the elf says, blushing slightly.


Brevka's address of the crowd causes the mood to shift from fear to awe. None of the flophouse's occupants are inclined to impede the gladiatrixes' path out--in fact, as they pass, they hear chattering all around them about how formidable House Parastric's fighters are. The purple-scaled kobold peeks out from around a corner he hid in and watches them leave with wide eyes.

The duergar proprietor leans on his counter and watches the women. "Bloody vicious, that was. Never heard of a Parastric who fought like that."


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

Kaxatja holds up a hand, seemingly in warning.

”Wait, sisters. While our minder waits without. Annabel - canst thou remove these arcane bonds from us? I do not relish a return to captivity. We have a few missions before us, so some time we have. If we are ever to be free we may not have such opportunity in the future to devise an end to our bondage.

Clearly Kaxatja has a different idea of “bondage” than does Lilamma...


Anabel frowns and shakes her head. "I fear that the ability to remove the bonds is beyond my magic's power."


Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

The frown on her face shows the drider’s deep disappointment. She looks up quickly, masking her pain.

”No matter. Let us keep on the lookout for a likely aid.” With that she scuttles out toward their keeper.


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

"Worth bearing in mind I suppose." Lyra'an says with a shrug as they leave.


When the group emerges from the flophouse, they find Johysis and Daveth lingering nearby. "Made a bit of a ruckus in there. Did you find what we're looking for?" Johysis asks.


Female Tiefling (Kiton Born) Skald 2 Init +2 Hp 17/17 AC 17 T 14 FF 15 Fort +5 Ref +2 Will +2 Spd 30 DR 2/Silver Perc +3 Pic

I think so. Show them, Lyra'an


Female Fetchling Knifemaster 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 16 (14), T 14 (12), FF 12(10) | CMD 15 | Fort +1 Ref +5, Will +0 | Init +10 | Perc +5 | SA +1d8

With a little flourish, Lyra'an produces the procured item. "One of them was in the process of trying to open it when we walked in."


Daveth's eyes widen and he hastily snatches the lead canister from Lyra'an's hand.

"Yes, yes, yes, this is it..." He mumbles to himself as he starts to unscrew the canister's lid and open it.

His face is promptly bathed in a bright, sickly-green glow escaping from the canister. A massive grin splits his face. "And its contents are still there!" He crows as he puts the canister's lid back on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Neutral Drider Slayer (Vanguard) 1 HP 21/21 | AC: 14/T 12/ FF 13 | Fort: +5; Ref: +3; Will: +5 | Init: +3 | Per +7 ; SM: +2 | Spd 40 ft. , Climb 20 ft.| CMB: +3 CMD 14 (+26 vs. trip) | Darkvision 60ft | Performance Combat +7

”And is ours to take to our House, by our orders to do so.” Kaxatja states, matter of factly, characteristicallyy jabbing her trident toward the herbalist to impress her point.


Daveth winces and nervously chuckles. "Well, obviously."

The herbalist tucks his canister under one arm. Johysis twirls her crossbow and points back to the street. "Now to deliver our erstwhile herbalist to Lady Chardalyn..."

Daveth's face pales again. "...oh. Right."


Female Half-Orc Primal Spelleater 2 | HP 24/24(28) | AC 15 (13), T 11 (9), FF 14 | CMD 17 | Fort +7(9), Ref +3, Will +4(6) | Init +1 | Perc +0 | SM +0 | Performance Combat +6 | Rage Rounds 9/9

Brevka had gone silent as soon as Kaxatja brought up escape. The drider seemed sincere, but Brevka had long ago realized that when it came to fey-things she rarely knew what was to be trusted.

Selling out other slaves is an old trick...

451 to 500 of 537 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zirnakaynin: Blood and Darkness: The Gladiatrix Saga Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.