[SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1–27 King Xeros of Star Azlant (author run) (Inactive)

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Map and Slides


101 to 150 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Elminar, good catch! Because it's all listed as "Round 2" my eyes glazed past it and I didn't see Gunner listed twice as a result. I run starship combat a lot differently in pbp, knowing that firing arcs and ship facing/positioning make a big difference to tactics (and have the potential to slow things down), so perhaps I'm just not used to how this GM runs it.

If Elminar has the right of it, GM, ignore my first round damage - I'll roll it here instead.

(Round 1)
Port Arc Coil Gun

Coil Gun Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 1) = 8
Rerolling 1s: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Total Damage: 8 - 2 + 6 = 12

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

Turret Guns: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 3 = 29

Turret Damage: 5d10 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 10, 1) = 19

rerolling the 1: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Reminder of our special actions: Science officer can do a DC 17 computer check to drop their shields by 40 in a given arc for a round. The front arc is down for now, but if we end up forced into another arc, we'll want to be sure to do that.

Brock continues his annoyance of the Xeros crew, this time focusing on the science officer. Saving the engineer for next round, when he'll have more problems to deal with.

Azlanti:
"You dang moron! The xenophage biotech isn't properly calibrated. Run a broad-spectrum scan right friggin' now!"

Special Taunt science officer(Intimidate, expertise): 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 11 + (5) = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yep, Elminar had it right: the King Xeros was in your port arc during the last gunnery phase, so I noted for you to use that in the post (Grinds had already posted his turret attack). Starship combat in PbP is such a moving target. @Gunnz: I don't think any ship can apply a computer bonus to an initiative check, only to your helm action Piloting check.

GM Screen:
Engineering (shields): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Captain = Encourage Pilot
Special Taunt vs Pilot: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Science (rebalance shields, special taunt): 1 + 20 + 2 = 23
Pilot (evade; special taunt, encourage): 1 + 15 + 1 + 2 = 19
Gunnery (phase spike; computer): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 3 = 22
Gunnery (fire projectors; computer): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 3 = 22
King Xeros (50-50=0/50/50/7/75-9=66)

The enemy comms unit flies into a chaotic mess of miscommunication, made worse by Brock's subterfuge. Gunnz repeats her fancy flying, avoiding all incoming fire while your gunners slam their attacks into the forward shields, clearly rebalanced despite the confusion but hit hard enough to cut through to the hull.

Round 3 (bold may post)
Gunnz Initiative: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23
Xeros Initiative: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
PCs (blue) move second. King Xeros has moved.

King Xeros (?/?/?/?/?)
Drake (25/25/25/25/85)

Engineering
Helm
Gunners

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

The whole Drake starts to reverberate as the red-lined engines continue to give their all. Gunnz pulls the Drake around in a tight port turn, trying to keep it's heavy front weapons lined up on the King's damaged front.

As she does so, the Drake is sent into another series of seemingly random and unnecessarily tight spirals, trying to keep the King's mighty weapons from getting a fix on the smaller ship.

evade DC 19: 1d20 + 16 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 16 + 3 = 38

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina is getting into a groove now and she starts to play Vesk battle opera throghout the entire ship. Her fingers flit across the datapad, diverting power to the ship's engines. We have them now captain, diverting power to the engines Sir

Divert: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Brock glances between the pilot and the engineer, his expression looking a bit pained. "Diverting ... to the engines ..." He leans tellingly over a nearby trash chute. "Are we not going fast enough already?" He moans as Gunnz sends the ship into a set of tight spirals.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Elminar focuses his weight and grips his console as he focuses on the battle status. "We have them rerouting power to their shields. This probably is our best chance to catch them off guard. Running the script now to bring down their starboard shields."

He slides to the side for a moment as the ship makes a sudden turn before falling back to the science station.

"After that I'll work at rerunning artificial gravity routines to compensate for Gunnz particular flight style."

Using the option to drop shields in an arc by 40 for one round. It looks like we are in their starboard arc. I'm attempting to drop that arc.
Computers: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 17 + 2 = 38

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina laughs at Brock, it is a wild, manic sound, strange coming from an android in a pink floral dress.

We can never go fast enough! she cackles.

As I understand the boons there isnt much point diverting to the weapons, we dont seem to have taken any shield damage according to the counter in the last GM post and +2 to science officer rolls seem a bit pointless. I have to admit I am not massively familiar with ship combat, if people think I should do something different please suggest away, it would be appreciated.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Grif laughs as Gunnz puts the Drake through its paces and feels the G-forces overcoming the inertial dampeners, loving the feeling. He calls out to Brock. "Remember, I did warn you about having too much protein for breakfast. Also, I stashed extra sick bags at each station. I figured I'd be the one causing it, but this is just as good!"

After the tight maneuver is done and Elminar uses electronic warfare against the King Xeros, Grif cracks his knuckles and nods to his fellow Knight of Golarion.

"In the name of the Inheritor, from on high do we smite thee to safeguard the righteous!"

Broadside - Spending 1 Resolve Point (But still leaving the turret for Grinds-Blades)

Particle Beam + Computer: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 + 2 = 30 (Yar!)
Coilgun: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 2 = 20
Sure, why not, Promotional Reroll (since I can still use my coin to help others as per the accessory perks page, apparently!)
Coilgun: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 + 4 = 25

Particle Beam Damage: 8d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 6, 6, 4, 4, 5, 2) = 33 (One automatic critical on the Nat 20 thanks to Elmniar dropping the shields, in addition to any CTs crossed)
Coilgun Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 1) = 11
Rerolling 1s: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Total Coilgun Damage: 11 - 1 + 4 = 14

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

Grinds gives the ole Turret a shot!

Gunnery: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 3 = 27
Damage: 5d10 ⇒ (9, 5, 5, 5, 10) = 34

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)
Brock wrote:
""Are we not going fast enough already?""

"Not by a long shot! And if we get those missiles coming toward us, you'll be begging for another bit of thruster power!" chats back Gunnz as the Drake shudders away from a nearby laser strike.

Then as the Drake's heavy weapons land she adds in. "Remember, we just want to disable them, not atomise them. We want to research the ship!"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Grif calls back up to the bridge, "Elminar and Numina 6 fine-tuned our weapons based on what they found at the research station, so we should be good!" He then mutters under his breath, "...or this will be the shortest capture mission of all time."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM Screen:
Engineering (shields): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Captain = Encourage Pilot
Science (rebalance shields, special taunt): 1 + 20 + 2 = 23
Pilot (evade; encourage): 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 32
Gunnery (aeon caster; computer): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 3 = 31
Gunnery (fire projectors; computer): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 3 = 18
Gunnery (aeon caster; computer; reroll): 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 3 = 20
King Xeros (45/5/40/7/66-71=0)

Gunnz's maneuvering persists in keeping your ship outside the King Xeros's firing arcs, and positions you to unload your full firepower on the starboard flank. With Elminar lowering the shields from within, the ship gets pounded by direct fire, causing the ship to shudder to a halt as several Azlanti augmentations detach and drift off into the void. The aft begins emitting beams of light and shaking the whole ship, which flashes as though made from TV static at strange intervals. You see two escape pods launch from the ship’s flanks.

Combat over! You won!

Naiaj, still fighting the vanguard, contacts your ship. "You've crippled it! Quickly, board the ship and stop whatever is causing this erratic behavior!"

We're making great time, so we're gonna do the bonus encounter! Note that each square is 10 feet, so your pawns are very small.

You quickly board one of your own escape pods and attach where one of the Azlanti pods detached. Steel platework reinforces the deck of the crystalline vessel, the flat metal surfaces marred only by angular modules protruding from the floor. Electrical wires and robotic targeting mechanisms extend from two hemispherical cannons with small tubes pointing out toward space, the equipment visibly damaged from starship weapon fire. No railings line the edges of the ship, providing no apparent barrier between the end of the deck and the void beyond. Atop the deck, three intact robots with treaded wheels and four arms (one of which hosts an integrated longarm) stand alert, their klaxons firing red as you land onboard!

Initiative:

He-Who-Grinds-Blades-to-Dust: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Elminar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Grif: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Numina: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Brock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Gunnz: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Robots: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Round 1 (bold may post)
Gunnz
Robots
Brock (-1 RP)
Elminar (-2 RP)
Numina (-5 SP, -2 RP)
Grif (-1 RP)
Grinds

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz dashes across the deck, firing as she does so, hoping that the distance will help hide her.

stealth for trick attack DC=20+CR: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27
attack vs EAC (green): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Maybe vs FF
E damage?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 1, 2) = 11


GM Screen:
Attack vs Gunnz EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 4 = 28
Crit Damage (F): 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 6) + 6 = 19 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 burn
Attack vs Gunnz EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 4 = 20
Damage (F): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Attack vs Gunnz EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 4 = 9
Attack vs Gunnz EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 4 = 23
Damage (F): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Attack vs Grinds EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17
Attack vs Grinds EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 4 = 25
Damage (F): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Gunnz lands a solid hit on the nearest robot, prompting it and its adjacent ally to unleash a flurry of laser fire on the operative. One blast catches Gunnz in the solar plexus, causing her torso to catch on fire! Meanwhile, the far robot targets the big haan, hitting him once in the shoulder.

Round 1 (bold may post)
Brock (-1 RP)
Elminar (-2 RP)
Numina (-5 SP, -2 RP)
Grif (-1 RP)
Grinds (-9 SP)

Round 2
Gunnz (-29 SP, DC 11 burn)
Green robot (-19 HP)
Yellow robot
Blue robot

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Grif moves towards the center of the platform, trying to spread out so the team isn't bunched up (and hopefully making for a less appealing target if heavier weapons are brought to bear). He then sights in on the green robot as the primary target of Hurl Forcedisk!

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 vs. Green EAC
Force Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) = 9
(If this misses, no further ricochets occur)

Ricochet Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 vs. Yellow EAC
Force Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
(If this misses, no further ricochets occur)

Ricochet Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 vs. Blue EAC
Force Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Are they at a different elevation than us? Lower or higher?

Brock moves up between the two knights. He is wielding the Aeon Guard rifle one-handed, but with a flick ejects the returning handaxe from his quick-release sheath into his throwing hand and hurls it at the furthest robot.

Handaxe attack, range penalty vs. blue robot KAC: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 4 = 16
Handaxe damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18 S

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"We should move quickly. Although the weapons fire only disabled the ship, they might rather see it destroyed than fall into our hands."

Running a scan on his datapad, Elminar moves up and locates a coolant leak lingers in among the space. Running through the calibrations through the system the elf channels the magical spell and launches nanites into the fluid converted into a caustic attack toward the central robot.

Move and standard to cast caustic conversion targeting yellow.
Caustic Conversion vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Acid Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 1) = 9 Plus 5 acid damage at the end of its turn for 3 rounds.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz ducks for cover, firing from behind the concealment of her allies.
stealth vs DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24
attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 possibly vs FF
e damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
trick damage: 3d8 ⇒ (5, 7, 3) = 15
put out burn?: 1d20 ⇒ 15
While the shot is wild, she at least manages to get the flames out.

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina ducks forward, hiding behind the large Haan wwarrior. her fingers flick across her data pad and suddenly a mass of tiny robots appear swarming around the two lead robots.

Casting microbot assault, we gain the benefit of harrying and covering fire against both of them while they remain in the cloud.


Botting Grinds: The haan takes a cue from Brock, drawing a starknife and chucking it at the far robot.
Chucking a Star from my Mandibles: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 332d4 + 26 ⇒ (1, 3) + 26 = 30

GM Screen:
Attack vs Grinds EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 12 - 4 = 19
Attack vs Grinds EAC (full): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 4 = 11

The forcedisk ricochets off the nearest two robots, and although the caustic conversion misses and dissolves in the artificial atmosphere, Grinds's and Brock's thrown weapons collectively destroy the far robot in a rain of electrical sparks, while Gunnz narrowly drops the near robot. The remaining robot fires off two more shots at the haan, but both shots fly out into the void.

Round 2 (bold may post)
Brock (-1 RP)
Elminar (-2 RP)
Numina (-5 SP, -2 RP)
Grif (-1 RP)
Grinds (-9 SP)

Round 3
Gunnz (-29 SP)
Green robot (destroyed)
Yellow robot (-7 HP), microbots)
Blue robot (destroyed)

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina gives a little shrug, Looks like you lot have this all in hand!

Delay. If Yellow survives I will full round magic missile it

Pewpew:

Numina conjures three tiny blue vesk battle cruisers which streak across the corridor and slam into the robot.

Magic Missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 = 10 force damage

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Elminar keeps a steady aim as he moves forward. He takes aim at each of the destroyed robots, ready to fire if they showed any sign of activity. With their destruction confirmed he moved to take a shot at the remaining robot.

Move and standard attack. I'll take my attack after anyone else to avoid taking the microbots bonus.
membrane holdout pistol (magic) vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Fire Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

Sorry Numina but I am headed forward! Grinds clacks his appreciation and squeezes forward before getting in range of the enemy and stabbing down at the yellow robot

Glaiving Through Evil (Sonic/Electric) + Harrying Fire: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 2 = 232d8 + 17 ⇒ (3, 2) + 17 = 22

Unsure of height here so correct positioning if I am not within my 15 ft reach

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Brock catches his returning handaxe. Rather than throwing through the large Haan warrior, he makes his way down the stairs onto the lower level, proceeding across to the other stairs.

Double dwarf move at 40 feet.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Grif will give Gunnz a concerned look, but less so after she puts the fire out, then will fly ahead (30' fly speed) and glide down to the lower deck, shooting his static arc pistol at the remaining robot.

Holy Static Arc Pistol + Harrying Fire: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16 vs. EAC
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz scoots ahead, trying a quick shot as she aims for the stairs down.

While there is littel except her companions to hide behind, she does her best to manage it.

stealth, dC 20+CR: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21
attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Maybe vs FF
E daamage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
trick shot damage: 3d8 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) = 10

"These guys pack a punch, but doesn't look like they can take one in return."


Your combined attacks bring down the last robot! Just as it falls though, the ship shudders with another surge of bizarre energy! Likely no time for a rest yet!

Combat over! I'm going to post spoilers about some of the next few rooms you can investigate, bearing in mind that the ship is acting very strangely at the moment and you are on the clock from the ongoing starship combat with the vanguard.

Search the Top Decks (Perception DC 25):
A small fragment of crystal, similar in color to the rest of the ship but otherwise out of place with the vessel’s symmetry, is wedged into the crease between the fore and mid decks. Upon investigation, the shard proves no stronger than hardened clay or stone despite its similarity to the King Xeros’s ultrahard crystal frame. A tarnished steel badge engraved with what appears to be the faded image of a lion rests underneath the shard. A PC who succeeds at a DC 30 Culture check can recognize that...
Spoiler:
The faded writing underneath the lion is a lost language from old Golarion that reads “Harbor Guard.”

The badge is worthless to nearly anyone outside the Starfinder Society’s scholars, who might assume it is a link to lost Golarion.

Search the aft deck:
This towering superstructure of crystal interlaced with supercomputing circuitry overlooks the topside decks from the ship’s stern. A lens of opaque crystal faces the other decks, flanked by facet-cut segments of the hull that seem to focus the lens. Three sail-like, crystalline vanes extend out from the command structure’s sides and keel, forming something akin to ethereal rudders, while modern thrusters protrude from the rear below the aft castle.

Somewhat sloppily integrated into the aft castle is Signal Basic Drift engine, which rattles the command structure with intermittent bursts of light and energy, sometimes appearing to flash in and out of physical existence as if it were made of television static. Similarly, the lens appears to depict a monochromatic window into the Drift, which sporadically warps and shifts to show the colorless void of the Ethereal Plane. PCs who examine either phenomenon and succeed at a DC 20 Engineering or Mysticism check recognize that...

Spoiler:
This bizarre behavior is a tangling of interplanar navigation systems that will cause devastating explosion in just under 10 minutes if left unchecked!

Going down the stairs into the ship's body:
This chamber features mannequins for holding armor and equipment racks stocked with Azlanti weapons and starship equipment. What may have once been firing ports in the antiquated design now contain strips of processing modems, creating a striped pattern of crystal and computer strips along the walls. Moving all the equipment to your escape pod is too time consuming and bulky to be practical. so you are better off just plundering the most valuable gear, in this case two suits of AG SpecOps armor and two AG accelerator rifles that remain attached to the racks. The equipment is locked into the racks, requiring 10 minutes and a successful Engineering check to acquire it.

Proceeding to the next room:
Numerous crates of miscellaneous spacefaring supplies fill this room, whose only feature is a crystalline grill in the ceiling with porthole blocked by a seamless crystal plug. Some of the containers sit in hanging nets reminiscent of old seafaring vessels. Quick perusal of the crates’ contents indicates that most of the goods stored here are perishable or consumable, such as food and medicine, although you may be able to find some valuables by spending 10 minutes and succeeding at a Medicine check.

And the next room:
The walls of this chamber are packed with technologically advanced sleeping units stacked three high, enough to hold about 39 humanoid passengers comfortably albeit compactly. Closer inspection of the lowest cells reveal breathing tubes and intravenous feeding lines, evidence that they are Drift stasis units rather than conventional bunks. Some personal effects lie about in disarray, evidence of the crew’s hasty flight from the malfunctioning ship. With a 10-minute search and a Perception check, you might be able to find something useful.

At the end of the first set of rooms:
This compartment ends with angled walls terminating in a point, with vertical incisions creating the illusion of a lengthy passageway.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Perception(top decks): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Well, nothin' to see here," Brock mutters as he steadily moves to investigate the crystalline structures on the aft decks.

Engineering: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
He glances over his shoulder, reaching put to grab Myron. "Looks to be magic at work here. What is that?"

Mysticism(hireling): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

Myron's eyes go widening alarm as he stammers, "Oh, oh dear, everyone, the mix of arcane and trans-dimensional energies are highly unstable. There will be a core breach - an explosion, that is - within a mere 10 minutes!"

Brock nods and turns, "Below decks it is. Best to hurry."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

After checking everyone over to make sure the team's injuries are nothing more than superficial, Grif scans the top decks.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

"Hm, what's this?" He squats down and moves an odd shard of crystal material aside to reveal an odd, tarnished steel badge.

Culture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"I'm not sure what these insignias are. If any of you are more versed in heraldry and such than I, maybe you can take a quick look?" He will, at least, point out the item's location to the others.

Then, upon hearing Myron's pronouncement, he sighs. "Alright, alright...maybe He-Who-Grinds-Blades-To-Dust and I did hit a little too hard... but yes, we should hurry. Maybe there's some way to stop the explosion and salvage the ship for the Society."

Grif will cast See Invisibility on himself and take up position in the center of the team as they progress.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina waves off Griff with an I'm fine, we androids are not as squishy as you biologicals. Archibald gives him a long suffering stare and a slight hand wave which means leave it, she doesnt understand

She examines the shard which Grigff finds, Ooh, ooh, I know. Its from old Golarion, it means Harbour Guard. They were probably some sort of elite military force to have been stationed on a ship like this.

At the mention of a core breach explosion she stops. But, but, there is so much stuff here that might be useful. Can we stop it or delay it or something? Err, just how big of an explosion will it be?

I have rolled fo the other rooms but I imagine this takes priority. If splitting up to loot what we can befor it explodes Numina would probably do the medicine stuff as I think we have engineering and perception covered elsewhere.

Dice rolls:

Culture, top deck: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Engineering, aft deck: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
Engineering, ships body: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Medicine, next room: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Perception, and the next: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Elminar gives a look at the flowing energy and gives a dissatisfied grunt. "I should have accounted for this potential damage in my weapon calibrations. I didn't expect them to interact in this way. No since quibbling about this now. We need to stabilize these ship quickly before we need to evacuate ourselves."

Looking over at the rifts and the integrated drift engine he ties to understand how they connected the system to the ship while turning to consult with Myron, "can you tell how to stabilize the energy mixtures or if that can only be done farther into the ship?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz, still slightly hung-over, reacts a little slower than her companions.

Not going to bother with the checks folk have already make

She looks at the badge, but can't identify it.
No way to hit DC 30 on culture for me.

"Can we try to stabilise those engines? There is no way we can search this whole ship in ten minutes."

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

Perception Top Deck Area: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The large haan doesn't feel that his particular skillset is of particular use in most parts of the ship, so he decides to dedicate some time to searching the drift stasis tube area.

This ship is enormous. What need could the Azlant have for such a huge archaic ship?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

GM: Myron got a great Mysticism roll, so feel free to have him give voice to any "if left unchecked" reactions we can make up here. Since nothing else was revealed, I assumed we had to head down to stabilize the engines. Reminder that his +15 also applies to Physical Science.


Your best bet for stabilizing the ship is to get to the helm. I assume you all proceed toward the foremost corner.

Perception:

He-Who-Grinds-Blades-to-Dust: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Elminar: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
Grif: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
Numina: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Brock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Gunnz: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

As the group approaches the apparent terminating corner, Brock ventures forward, then disappears as if he folded into the space carved out by the strange corner! He returns in a split second detailing an ascending stairwell on the other side of the transitory portal. You assemble into your standard marching order, then proceed through the portal.

At the far end of the stairs, a floating brass cube, its sides covered with countless shifting glyphs and sigils, spins slowly on its corner atop a low crystal plinth. Its base is heavily augmented with cables and processing boards, fanning out to an elaborate network of computer screens and video monitors akin to most starship command centers that runs the perimeter of the room. Two crystal doors stand in the wall opposite the stairs, the wall between them set with a cylindrical chamber containing an iridescent spindle aeon stone held in place by tendrils of electricity.

Standing among the equipment, a group of Aeon Guards armed with wicked curve blades stand sentinel at the top of the stairs. Further back is an Azlanti man dressed in a lighter version of the armor, holding a pistol and just wrapping up a spell to conjure a small robot next to him. He glances at your incoming party, and his eyes widen as he looks at Brock. He castigates the dwarf in spitting Azlanti: "ΕΣΥ! Ήσασταν ένας από τους κακοποιούς που έσκαψαν την έρευνα του Zolan! Και τώρα είστε εδώ για να κλέψετε το βραβείο μου! Θα δούμε νωρίτερα αυτή την κατάρρευση του πλοίου σε τίποτα πριν σας προσέξω τα παράσιτα που περιπλέκουν με αληθινό μαγνητικό Azlanti! Φρουροί, σκοτώστε τους όλους!"

Fluent in Azlanti:
"YOU! You were one of the miscreants who raided Zolan's research! And now you're here to steal my prize as well! I'll sooner see this ship collapse into nothingness before I watch you scheming parasites saunter off with true Azlanti magitech! Guards, kill them all!"

Initiative:

He-Who-Grinds-Blades-to-Dust: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Elminar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Grif: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Numina: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Brock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Gunnz: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
AG: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Aldroxis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

GM Screen:
Trap Attack (Grinds EAC): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
Trap Damage (E): 2d12 + 2 ⇒ (11, 11) + 2 = 24
Trap Attack (Grinds EAC): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26
Trap Damage (E): 2d12 + 2 ⇒ (11, 2) + 2 = 15

As Grinds begins his ascent up the stairs, however, two arc emitters protrude from the ceiling and envelop your party in bursts of electricity! Roll me 2 Reflex saves against DC 16; the first for for half of 24 damage, the second is for half of 15 damage, all electricity.

Round 1 (bold may post)
Brock (damage pending, -1 RP)
Gunnz (-29 SP, damage pending)

Aeon Guards
Elminar (damage pending, -2 RP)
Numina (-5 SP, damage pending, -2 RP)
Grif (damage pending, -1 RP)
Grinds (-9 SP, damage pending)
Aldroxis/Robot
Round 2
Trap

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina tries to take cover behind the huge warrior.

Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

But is only partially successful.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

Elminar goes into action as he tries to run his magical subroutines while under a rain of electricity.

Reflex Save 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Reflex Save 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Reflex vs. 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Reflex vs. 16: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Round down, right, so 31 dmg?

Brock advances up in melee with the left front Aeon guard member. Orange one For a moment, he looks about to punch him, but instead let's out a deafening shout.

Attacking w/ exhorter shout projector ... but am confused. New weapon (which I am now rethinking). It has explode property, so hits everyone in 10 feet, which should hit all 3 guards. Explode property suggests they save ... but it also has a demoralize crit effect, suggesting I should do an attack roll. I would rather treat it as an attack, but am fine either way.

If save:
exhorter attack: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Sonic nonlethal, Reflex save DC 12 for half

If attack vs each:
attack vs. Blue: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Blue dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Sonic nonlethal
attack vs. Orange: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Orange dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Sonic nonlethal
attack vs. Red: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Red dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Sonic nonlethal

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

ref#1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Evasion, so do damage
ref#2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Gunnz smartly ducks under the first blast, and then shudders as the electricity of the second one arcs through her.

Realising these were a tad tougher than her normal opponents she tries to stay hidden behind her allies, popping out for a quick shot.

sneak attack vs red. DC 20+CR: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (1) + 20 = 21 sigh
attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
E damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Despite having pretty good eyes, Grif apparently didn't notice anything out of the ordinary among the floors, ceilings, or walls, and was caught completely by surprise by both blasts!

Reflex 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Reflex 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

(Brock, Grinds, and Gunnz; Grifet has you under a status spell effect at all times, so if you could keep your hp updated that would be a big help to me when figuring out if/when I should be tossing healing around. Ty! :)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none
Brock Laserforge wrote:
Attacking w/ exhorter shout projector ... but am confused. New weapon (which I am now rethinking). It has explode property, so hits everyone in 10 feet, which should hit all 3 guards. Explode property suggests they save ... but it also has a demoralize crit effect, suggesting I should do an attack roll. I would rather treat it as an attack, but am fine either way.

My understanding of how an "explode" weapon works is that you make an attack roll targeting an intersection (like a grenade) and those in the radius make a Reflex save for half damage. The critical effect, and the rest of the bonuses for criting, activate if you crit the intersection. I believe that is correct, but I don't have any specific FAQs or posts to back that up.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

I thought I shouted and it was an explosion/burst centered on me. But you're right, it does have a 30 ft. range. Okay, I see how it works now. In that case, I'm centering my shout on the center of the room, if able, so the blast will hit the Aeon guards and the leader (and the robot, who I am guessing is immune to nonlethal damage). My attack rolls were good enough to hit the intersection aimed for. If the chamber with the aeon stone is too massive to allow that, then I'll just center it so it hits the three Aeon Guards.

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

Did I not find anything in my search of the stasis tube room?

Reflex, +2 if this is a spell of some kind: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Reflex, +2 if this is a spell of some kind: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust wrote:
Did I not find anything in my search of the stasis tube room?

You did! Well, you didn't yet; it'll take 10 minutes to search that area thoroughly and find the goodies, more time than you presently have. We can hold that result for later when you have the time, though.

@Brock: Explode weapons function the same as grenades, so you shoot to target an intersection then everyone in the area makes a Reflex save. You can definitely hit them all with those rolls.

GM Screen:
AG Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
AG Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
AG Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Aldroxis Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Attack vs. Brock KAC (full): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 4 = 16
Attack vs. Brock KAC (full): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 4 = 26
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Attack vs. Brock KAC (full): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 4 = 11
Attack vs. Brock KAC (full): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 4 = 24
Damage (S): 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Attack vs. Brock EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage (F): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Gunnz misses her shot, but Brock's echoes through the chamber, visibly affecting most of the Azlanti. The two forward guards hack at Brock with their curve blades with mixed success, while the third fires a tiny laser beam from a red aeon stone set in her armor's faceplate that strikes the dwarf's chin!

Round 1 (bold may post)
Elminar (-19 SP, -2 RP)
Numina (-32 SP, -2 RP)
Grif (-39 SP, -1 RP)
Grinds (-40 SP)

Aldroxis (-8 HP)
Robot
Round 2
Trap
Brock (-59 SP, -4 HP, -1 RP)
Gunnz (-29 SP, damage pending)
Red Aeon Guard (-8 HP)
Orange Aeon Guard (-4 HP)
Yellow Aeon Guard (-4 HP)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

By my calculations, Gunnz took 15 damage from the trap and had taken 29 SP previously, meaning she is out of SP and has taken 4 HP of damage.

Grifet curses as the shock casters pummel the team from both sides and the azlanti guards block the way forward. "We're in a kill-zone!" his mind screams internally, but seeing Gunnz starting to bleed snaps his head back into action, first leveraging his connection with Iomedae to heal her, then trying to clear a path.

Free Action: Lifelink - Spending 4 of my HP to heal Gunnz 4 of her HP.

Grif grits his teeth and narrows his eyes on the Red azlanti guard, muttering words of prayer that Iomedae may let the young mystic strike directly at his foe's mind!

Mind Thrust II: 4d10 ⇒ (2, 6, 8, 10) = 26
DC 18 Will Save (Half)

He will then fly up above He-Who-Grinds-Blades-To-Dust.
(PS - How high is the ceiling? Thanks!)

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

Grinds has elec resistance 5, so he only is down 30 not 40 SP

He moves forward with his glaive and makes a powerful swipe at the orange guard while making a proclamation.

The Pact Worlds will not allow you to have this weapon to be used against us. But if you think you can stop me from stopping you....come and get it.

He aims a shot at Red hoping to use his momentum to Cleave through at Orange as well.

Glaiving Through Evil (Sonic/Electric): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 242d8 + 17 ⇒ (7, 2) + 17 = 26

Glaiving Through Evil (Sonic/Electric): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 302d8 + 17 ⇒ (3, 3) + 17 = 23

Will be at -2 AC as a result of using Cleave

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"I think that is their plan Grinds. They would rather destroy this ship than let us have it!"

Elminar summons a swarm of machines like Numina summoned before and released them on the front line of the Aeon guards.

Microbot assault on orange and red to provide harrying fire and covering fire.

"We need to make sure that trap doesn't keep hitting us either! Does anyone have access to it to shut the blasted thing down?"

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina 6 scurries up the stairs to get a clearer line of sight and creates a second cloud of distrating insect robots.

Move and cast microbot assault on the back line

101 to 150 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1–27 King Xeros of Star Azlant (author run) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.