[SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1–27 King Xeros of Star Azlant (author run)

Game Master Christopher Wasko

Map and Slides


1 to 50 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

You have been summoned to an emergency briefing in the Lorespire Complex's starship hanger. The facility bustles with activity, tension thick in the air.

Dot in and introduce yourselves.

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

A pink haired android dressed in a floral print dress sits on one of the engineers tool boxes. She has antiquated headphones encasing her ears and is engrossed in staring at the tiny screen of a small hand held device. Occasionally she gives the odd fist pump and a shout of Got you!

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

A mass of gleaming white armor glowing with a golden hue and bearing the sunburst of The Inheritor on across its chest, a large loud clanking Spider-shaped humanoid crawls into view.

It returns the fist bump gingerly with its massive hands.

I am He-Who-Grinds-Blades-To-Dust. Exile of Bretheda but proud protector the Pact Worlds. I serve so that my Luddite kin can live in peace. I serve with the Knights of Golarion with pride against evil scheming corporate dragons and invading jinsuls alike. Despite all of this gleaming armor, I consider myself one of the premier hunters in all the pact worlds. Whatever is going on, I will protect you from it.Lest your soft civilized fat hands fumble the situation and plunge the whole alliance into chaos.

He crouches and studies people as they pass waiting to hear what was so important he was called away from his other duties.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

A small cart wearing the colors and iconography of the Dwarven Laserforge Clan Holdings pulls up, driven by a dwarf in a business suit. Sitting in the passenger seat is a younger dwarf in a tweed jacket, holding out a holoprojector for the driver to watch.

The older dwarf frowns as the watches a holographic scene unfold. "Pause simulation," he mutters, and the holographic projection stops. "Keeps showing the same thing. Much as I like that new power armor, I still give more damage with good old dwarven muscle." He rubs a bicep affectionately. "Hmm ... A dwarf's armor says a lot about him. Not a hasty decision to rush into, Myron." He climbs out of the cart.

The younger dwarf also climbs out, nodding slight. "Yes, Uncle Brock, but ... your current armor is not cutting it."

Brock chuckles. "No, that it's not ... but I took that off the dead Azlanti who ran me through with this ..." He holds out his hand and a curved steel blade materializes in it. "So *that* armor definitely says something about this dwarf, m'boy." As he sheathes the sword in a stylish backpack embroidered with the logo of the holonet program Pact World Warriors, he mutters, "Course, I do wish it said 'Miss me' a little more often." He sighs. "Okay, Myron, I'll make a decision after the briefing."

He glances around at those assembled and says, "Hello there! Brock Laserforge, Chief Tactical Consultant for Aggressive Defensive Countermeasures with Laserforge Clan Holdings. This here's my nephew Myron," he motions toward the younger dwarf. "This the place for the Starfinder crew to muster, I suppose. Pleasure to meet you."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

A elf with white, braided hair stands waiting for the briefing his armor bearing faded, muted colors. He preemptively shuts down his computers to focus on those present, his arms revealing Elven script tattooed in a winding pattern around his arms.

He focuses his gaze on the departing Myron before introducing himself. "You can call me Elminar. Glad to be on the team. I was called here and I expect no end of trouble for whatever the Venture-Captains have for us. Reminds me of the starship battles of my youth."


Looks like everyone is checked in! We're still a while out from the official start date, but we'll at least get the snowball rolling with the briefing and whatnot so we can hit the ground running. Posting may be a little slow leading up to the formal start date due to end of summer/beginning of teaching year stuff, but once per day should be normally doable. Please take a moment to update the requested information in the first slide, as well, and use the Discussion tab to finalize your boons and starship roles as the briefing goes on.

Several technicians hustle between rows of starships in the Lorespire Complex’s hangar bay, making final modifications to the crafts as several begin powering up their engines. They diligently circumvent a group of Starfinders huddled around Venture-Captain Naiaj, a bleachling gnome who speaks with a quick and commanding voice (art in slides). “Time is of the essence, so I must be brief. Refugees from a lunar base in the Vast called Peak of Evening contacted us requesting information about a strange, crewless starship docking there. The ship’s description matches that of the King Xeros, an ether ship supposedly built by the Azlanti of lost Golarion, according to records preserved from old Pathfinder Chronicles we keep under lock and key. This ship might be our best chance to follow up on the work of ancient Pathfinders—possibly even the fate of Golarion—since the Gap, so the stakes are high."

“Note that I said ‘refugees’: we’re not the only ones interested in the King Xeros. The Azlanti Star Empire wants the ship too, and they got to Peak of Evening first. They violently annexed the station and have been doing gods-know-what with the King Xeros since then, most likely gearing it up for transport back to the Aeon Throne. If the King Xeros reaches the Azlanti’s home system of Aristia, our chance to learn from it will be gone forever. That’s why I’ve been fighting to get this emergency salvage mission sanctioned by the Forum, and I just received clearance this morning. We’re going to sting the Azlanti operation at Peak of Evening, liberate the King Xeros, and hopefully acquire some information the Society cares about deeply."

“I’m sure you know that the Star Empire is among the most well-equipped, well-organized, and ruthless organizations in the universe. The only way we pull this off is with teamwork, skill, and more than a little luck. That’s why I’ll be flying out with you and directing the mission from my personal starship. You’ve all been organized into teams to help this mission go smoothly: Scout Team will take a Pegasus and tackle recon and analysis, Shield Team will take a Drake and intercept hostile interference, and Strike Team—that would be you (she gestures to you all)—will take whichever ship you think best to get you on the ground and keep us moving forward. Get whatever you need, then rendezvous by the Master of Stars; we’ll assume formation and launch into the Drift there. I’ll answer additional questions as we board. Let’s move out!”

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

"What kind of gravity on this moon?"

He glances around at the others. "We flying this thing out under its own power? Anyone know anything about etherships, if it comes to that?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Just before the briefing starts, a young man in his mid-twenties jogs in, wearing a red-and-gray flight suit adorned with an insignia and the callsign: "Dizzy" emblazoned over the left breast-pocket, flight helmet still tucked under his arm. His dark hair is mussed, suggesting that he just came from a flight straight here.

"Sorry for being late. I just flew in from a rescue op on Verces for another Starfinder team."

He'll hook the helmet to a strap on his belt then shake hands as the team assembles.

"Name's Grifet, or Grif for short. I do search-and-rescue and combat pararescue for the society and the Knights of Golarion. Nobody dies on my watch, period. Good to meet you all."

(Check the discussion tab - three of the boons I'm slotting can potentially help each of you out!)

As the briefing breaks and the teams start to disperse, Grif looks to each of you with a little grin on his face. "On the ground, I keep you healthy and shooting straight, plus some back-up magical artillery. In a starship, though, I can make it dance until even the inertial dampeners start looking for a sick bag...hence my callsign from KoG flight school. That said, if we're going up against Azlanti ships, I'll gladly take whatever job on board you all think is best."

I'll post my starship role options to the discussion tab, too.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"I'm not familiar with an ether ships. I'm surprised to learn that a ship of that make existed within those records."

While moving to the ship elminar absentmindly taps on his powered off datapad before halting himself and asking Naiaj herself.

"The idea of one of these ancient ships controlling itself rings wrong to me. Feels like we are being sent to take control of a ghost ship. You said it had no crew? Do the records say what controls the ship?"

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Brock hustles to keep pace with Naiaj, hardly waiting to hear her answer to his previous question about the moon's gravity.

"Any chance that one of these refugees can provide us with intel on the facility? Access codes? A map perhaps?" He frowns. "I assume not everybody made it off, so there'll potentially be some non-combatant prisoners on the moonbase. Is there anyone there we should specifically be looking to make contact with ... maybe an administrator, security, or engineering chief?"


"The refugees described the moon in general: thin atmosphere and low gravity outside, but normal, artificial grav and atmo inside the station itself. No one knows about ether ships: the King Xeros has been an enigma going way back to the Pathfinders' days, according to our records. The ship's obviously ambulatory somehow, we just need to see if we can get it back to Absalom Station before the Azlanti haul it back to New Thespera. We'll have to figure out how once we get there, we don't have any intel about controlling it."

"The Azlanti will doubtlessly have changed the access codes, but nothing says 'Let us in' like a starship laser to the front door. Of course, the Azlanti will be all over us once we strike, so we'll have to move quickly. The station is large, but Scout Team will scan for the best targets once we get there."

"Most of the locals fled after the attack, but the Star Empire has a vast network of slave races that they frequently use during expansionist campaigns. Keep an eye out for non-humans, we might find some common ground."

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

The massive spider-Knights expression is difficult to read as his insectoid face lacks the muscles necessary to express and emote the way the others can. But instead a low click of annoyance begins to roll from his face.

You mean to tell me that....essentially a BOAT is floating in space. You don't think that's super weird? Has it reconfigured itself to look like a starship or does it look like....ya know....a boat.

He seems to be slowly considering the situation Your information suggests the Azlanti know about this ship. They arent going to just let us land. Are we not afraid this might cause a war between the Pact Worlds and the Azlant Star Empire?

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina has remained utterly absorbed by her game until mention of the Azlanti, at which point she perks up. Azlanti, a captured moon, an elite strike force rescuing a princess in distress, err, I mean, weird ancient artifact of the past. Count me in! She jumps up and gives a little fist pump off joy.

This is going to make Damoritosh proud. Finally a chance to have a proper war rather than just a simulation. Wil it be messier than the VR version? How many Azlanti are there? Have we thought about allying with the Veskarium to take the Star Empire down? The Vesk make great fighting allies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Cook Hireling

From behind Numina, unnoticed unti now, emerges a small, impeccably dressed halfling. Please do not mind the Mistress sirs, she does tend to get rather exciteable when war is mentioned. I fear her emotions circuitry may be overheating again.

He gives her a long suffering and well known look which says Quiet dear, you are making the fleshbags nervous again.

He steps forward and shakes everyones hand, Archibald Task, at your service sirs. I make arrangements for Mistress Numina, help her integrate her artiifcial intellligence with those of us of a more biological persuasion. She means well, mostly, but it seems early on in her life she spent rather a lot of time on a Vesk Battlecruiser. I have no idea how, or why, but it had a significant impact on her early development. Now I help her relate to the people of the Pact Worlds. I also cook.

Archibald is my hireling. He does bluff, diplomacy and intimidate at +15 thanks to the efficient administrator


"'Boat' doesn't quite describe it: the ether ship is a vessel designed to voyage through the Ethereal Plane. Past records indicate the King Xeros is a crystalline ship made of some rare material that ostensibly resembles a sailing ship, but with several noteworthy aesthetic and functional differences."

"The Pact Worlds still has a non-aggression policy concerning the Star Empire, but skirmishes between the two organizations are commonplace. Appealing for an exception to that rule was part of what took so long to get clearance for this mission. I don't think this one exchange will put us over the edge into full-out war, but if I'm wrong the Forum has the Pact Worlds government behind us on this."

"The Veskarium are tacitly still part of that non-aggression policy, so we won't get any formal government support from them. I don't know how many Azlanti there are, but I'm assuming a lot. Be on your guard."

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

"What is the timeline we are dealing with here? How long ago did both the ship and the Azlanti get to the Peak of Evening? Do we have time to reequip or are we already running out of time for this mission?"

"As well as time for the refugees. While we and the Azlanti are fighting over this ship, do we know how the refugees are faring? How many did the station hold?

Would we be able to make purchases (boon or otherwise) after the briefing?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Grif perks up at that as well. "I know that the mission is to capture the King Xeros, but will we be equipped to evacuate noncombatants?" He looks to the others. "If we're mainly looking at going up against the Azlanti in combat, we should plan our ship and load-out accordingly."


Yes, you'll be able to make purchases before launch.

"The King Xeros has been there for about 15 days, not counting time it'll take to reach Peak of Evening through the Drift, so time is critical. The surviving refugees have already evacuated—they're how we learned about the ship in the first place—but should you need to evacuate more then you can take whoever you can aboard your starship when you land. Remember, though, this is a salvage mission, not a rescue. The ship is our main priority."

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

He eyes Naiaj appraisingly. "Primary objective is salvaging the ship. Got it. Secondary objectives: punch some Azlanti and rescue folks. I'm good with that." He glances around at everyone else. "Sounds like it'll be fun, eh?"

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina grins back, Yes, punching some Azlanti, or shooting them or blasting them. Whatever comes first! What powers this strange ship, how does it fly, how will we pilot it to get it out of there? Surely there must be some records on it somewhere? Have you looked? I know you biologicals sometimes miss things.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Once their ship is chosen, Grif makes sure he is the first aboard, performing pre-flight checks and double-checks on all systems, especially coordinating with the maintenance crews to install top-of-the-line gear into the team's vessel of choice. He also does a run-through of the med-bay to make sure it's fully stocked on basic necessities.

Almost go-time, again! As a reminder, I'm slotting the following boons:

Ally - Efficient Administrator: All of your allies from ally boons get a +3 Insight bonus on all skill checks during the scenario. If you have allies that assist during combat, they get a +1 Insight bonus on ability DCs, attack rolls, and saving throws!

Starship - Defender of the Fleet: I can add one of the following to our ship -
Boost our Computers by one step (ex. mononode to duonode or increase the bonus, ex. +1 to +2)
Bost our Engines (ex. M8 to M10)
Boost our Weapons (When rolling damage, you can reroll any damage dice with a result of 1, but you must keep the second result)

Once we pick our ship, I'll figure out which Defender variant to use - I'll probably use engines on the Drake, or Weapons on the Pegasus.


Numina 6 wrote:
Numina grins back, Yes, punching some Azlanti, or shooting them or blasting them. Whatever comes first! What powers this strange ship, how does it fly, how will we pilot it to get it out of there? Surely there must be some records on it somewhere? Have you looked? I know you biologicals sometimes miss things.

"I wish I could tell you more, but the ship was as enigmatic to the Pathfinders as it is to us. None of our records show any way of piloting it. Maybe we can 'borrow' a sterring mechanism from the Azlanti if they figured it out already. Alright, let's MOVE OUT!"

Confirm which ship you're using in Discussion before rolling checks. For some reason I thought you took the Drake, but looking back I don't think there was a conclusive decision. You can also roll Culture (below) to recall knowledge about the Star Empire.

Culture DC 10+:
The Azlanti Star Empire is an aggressive society of humans bent on intergalactic domination.

Culture DC 15+:
Azlanti soldiers are recognizable via their distinctive gray-and-green Aeon Guard armor, which completely covers their faces, and their use of equipment that incorporates mystical aeon stones, many of which are Azlanti in origin.

Culture DC 20+:
The Star Empire conquered and enslaved numerous planets surrounding their home system of Aristia. Many of the subjugated people have no love for the Aeon Throne, and eagerly aid those who fght the Azlanti or ofer a way to escape.

Culture DC 25+:
Some records suggest that the Azlanti actually hail from lost Golarion, although some disaster uprooted them from their ancestral home and relocated them to what would become the seat of their current empire. The King Xeros was supposedly built by Golarion’s ancient Azlanti, although its original purpose remains a mystery.

Culture DC 30+:
Survivors from new colonies believe that the Azlanti leadership’s current pet project is researching starships capable of navigation beyond just Drift technology. This might be what attracted them to the King Xeros.

As the Starfnder force emerges from the Drift, Scout Team races ahead toward a metallic black station built into the surface of a pale pink moon. The other teams orbit the distant periphery until Scout Team’s leader, Amster, speaks over the comms: “We have dense concentrations of Azlanti structures and activity up ahead. I’m getting some heavy energy output from the main construction bay, but it looks like they’ve stationed lots of guards around some kind of greenhouse at the eastern border, even installed new artifcial atmosphere throughout the area. Orders, Captain?”

Venture-Captain Naiaj’s voice responds. “Clearly the Azlanti care most about those two locations. I assume they’ve used the construction bay to work on the King Xeros, but I don’t know why the plants seem so important. Regardless, once their surface fighters and defensive cannons are running we’ll be on the clock, so we’ll probably be able to hit only one. Scout Team will screen for bogies while Shield Team and I run anti-air interference. Strike Team, you’re the ones on the ground, so you choose our location and we’ll cover you. Once Scout Team draws the fre, strike with a quick strafing run to take out the Azlanti garrison, then land and find whatever info you can about our target. Look alive, folks!”

As you choose your starship, also choose which location you prefer to strike: the construction bay, or the greenhouse.

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

I have no preference for choice of ship. I am a little confused by your post, can we make the culture check before deciding on the ship or not?


Numina 6 wrote:

I have no preference for choice of ship. I am a little confused by your post, can we make the culture check before deciding on the ship or not?

You can, but none of the info would really influence you toward one or the other.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

As you arrive at the ship, Myron Laserforge comes careening into the hanger, pulling the Laserforge Clan Holding cart into a nearby parking space. He hustles to join you, a duffel bag slung over one shoulder. He passes a briefcase to Brock. "Here you go, uncle."

Brock nods. "Excellent, boy. We're off to beat some Azlanti skulls in!"

Myron's steps falter. "Oh ... wonderful." He scurries to catch back up with the group as they head onto the ship.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

I would good choosing the Drake for this mission.

While moving Elminar prompt taps into his comm unit for a curt request, "This mission it taking us into a fight with the Azlanti. I need all information you can get me on them."

Hireling Culture: 1d20 + 6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 6 + 3 = 35

A youthful energtic pipes from the other side, his enthusiasm exploding out from the speakers. "Azlanti! Oh boy! I did my primary research thesis on their society and their various breaks from other similar human cultures! Did you know how many common root words their are between Azlanti and the Common tongue in the Pact Worlds?"

The elf chides him before he can get too far into his linguistic recollections. "I need combat relevant information."

"Alright. The Azlanti Star Empire is an aggressive society of humans set on intergalactic domination. Their home system is Aristia and they already have gotten a long way of their goal having conquered and enslaved MANY planets. Most don't really have any love for the Empire and happily help those willing to fight the Azlanti or give them a way to escape. Do you want to hear about the other races within the Empire? They are all very interesting, although they are a bit more dire after their losses to the empire."

"Later. Tell me about their soldiers."

"Well Azlanti soldiers wear very distinctive gray and green Aeon Guard armor that completely covers their faces. They also use equipment that incorporates aeon stones. Which are also Azlanti in origin!" The person on the comms doesn't give the techomancer the chance to break in before he continues with glee. "Some records even suggest that the Azlanti actually hail from lost Golarion and thath some disaster uprooted them from their ancestral home and relocated them to the Aristia system!"

More than done with the history lesson Elminar finally cuts in, "Enough. This mission is sending us to try to recover an ancient ship called the King Xeros. Do you know anything about that?"

The comm unity cuts out as a joyful scream comes from the other side. "THE KING XEROS! Really! Yes! The records I found say that the King Xeros was built by Golarion's ancient Azlanti, although its original purpose remains a mystery. I myself have a few ideas on what that might be though-

"Less speculation and more information."

There is a sigh from the other side as they continue, Well, survivors from new colonies believe that the Azlanti leadership’s current pet project is researching starships capable of navigation beyond just Drift technology. That might just the reason why they are focused on the King Xeros now!

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

We should probably target the greenhouse first Once we hit the actual ship we will want to get away ith it as soon as possible before they realise why we are there and we dont want to lose the oopportunity to learn what they are up to. At least, that is what Imperium military strategy would suggest, always keep your enemy uncertain of your intentions and off balance. Victory through superior tactics.

With that she gives another fist pump and a little jump in the air, setting her pigtails to flapping about.

Cultue: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

Wow, these Azlanti sound brilliant, how have I not heard about them before? Aggresive, expansionistic, militaristic, these are my kind of people. At least if I wasn't already contracted with the Vesk. Shame but such is the necessity of war.


Male Halfling Cook Hireling

Archibald gives a pained look and a shrug which says, see wwhat I mean, what am I to do?

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

"I have a suit of the Aeon Guard armor, but when I wear it I don't exactly blend in. We can adjust it en route, if anyone with a more human build wants to try to pass themselves off as guards." He glances around. "Anybody else speak Azlanti?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

As I have GM'd this scenario several times before, Grif won't make any strategic decisions, so he'll go with the majority insofar as construction bay vs. greenhouse. We should, however, figure out who is taking what starship role, too.

Knowing that he won't be able to figure out more than what Elminar or Numina 6 provide, he instead takes extra time to go over his, and everyone else's gear. Before departing, he will establish a Healer's Bond with Atticus, Brock, and He-who-grinds-blades-to-dust, explaining how this works to them.

"Since I figure the three of you will be moving around the most if we're engaged in ground combat, this will let me keep track of your medical status anywhere, as long as we're on the same plane of existence...so no unauthorized plane-shifts without warning me first, okay? Remember, everybody comes back alive."

Then, to Brock's question, "Not I, and my magic can only share what I know with others. Maybe Elminar or Numina 6 can help us out on understanding enemy comms with some spells if none of us speak it?"

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

I'll vote for the Drake and for targeting the greenhouse.

"I'm not able to speak a word of the language, but Grif is right. I have magic that will let me at least understand what they are saying. I'll be able to program a disguise for myself going in, but that won't get me too far if they are halfway competent."

"As for our target, I agree with Numina 6. I can take a shot in the dark at what they might be doing within the construction bay, but I rather not be caught off guard by aggressive flora. I'm familiar with tending to plants to create buildings, but I want to stop whatever plans they might have to weaponize them."

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Atticus isnt here, I was going to play him initialy then switched to Numina so you may want to target someone else. GM, could you remove Atticus from the table please.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

I vote greenhouse. I will take captain, unless needed to switch over to a gunnery spot. Put that level of Envoy to use.


Numina 6 wrote:
Wow, these Azlanti sound brilliant, how have I not heard about them before? Aggresive, expansionistic, militaristic, these are my kind of people. At least if I wasn't already contracted with the Vesk. Shame but such is the necessity of war.

You wouldn't want to work for them. The Azlanti view androids as uppity machines and treat them worse than slaves.

Venture-Captain Naiaj nods. "Greenhouse it is. Let's hope we find something useful. Starfinders, go!"

The four ships shoot toward the easternmost area of the moon base, immediately prompting a visible sequence of alarms and drawing AA cannon fire. The ships all dart around, intercepting the shots and destroying the cannons with return fire to open a lane for you, the greenhouse's glass case appearing like a bubble ripe for popping.

You must now strafe the greenhouse by each attempting a single tier-appropriate starship combat check according to your respective roles: the engineer should boost power to weapons, the science officer must target the greenhouse shell, the pilot must perform a flyby stunt maneuver to avoid AA attacks and buildings, and the gunners must fire weapons against the structure.

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Brock pulls up the captain's display. "Welcome committee, eh?" he mutters. "Hold the torpedoes ... we don't want to bring the whole structure down ... not yet, at least. Elf, lock on target. Blades to Dust - Light that bloody thing up with both the front guns. And that's an order!"

Demand(Intimidate w/ expertise) vs. DC 24: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 11 + (6) = 29

That would be a +4 to the gunnery action

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina drops herself into the engineers seat and starts up some rather loud, jarring and rhythmic Vesk music. Her hands flit over the console, Calculating sir, weapons powering up. I estimate that the outer shell can only sustain concentrated fire for...

Engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

a very limited period of time

Just checking the sheet posted in disucssion, we have +2 to computers and +2 to 3 other checks per round. How do we want to split them? First post, first claim or assign?

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

I would say save them for the 2 gunnery checks, so we can be more likely to hit with both.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

| SP 0/42 | HP 31/40 | RP 5/7 | EAC 23 KAC 24 CMD 32 | Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +11 | Init +4 | Perception +15 (Darkvision 60ft) | Active Effects/Spells: Avian Devolution (Fly 30'), Healer's Bond (Brock, Grinds, Gunnz), Radiation Badge, See Invisibility (60 min)| Armor Environmental Seals: Inactive (8 hrs remaining) | NG Male Human (Ace Pilot) Mystic (Healer) 6

Grif is chewing on cool mint gum (lightly laced with caffeine) the moment their squadron drops out of the Drift, a single earbud headphone playing some high-tempo rock to encourage the young human pilot keep his feet, knees, and wrists limber even while not engaged in maneuvers.

Once the order is given to accelerate to attack speed, "Dizzy" lives up to his name. He punches in a creative nozzle-vectoring of the normally-sluggish Drake's engines, giving the ship a little bit more play in its lateral movements (at the cost of slightly higher G-forces before the inertial dampeners can compensate).

"I hope everybody had a carbohydrate-rich breakfast. If you had too much protein, well, I made sure to stock the ship with extra sick bags!"

DC 24 Flyby Piloting Maneuver: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
>.>
<.<
whew

Possibly underestimating the intensity of the anti-aircraft fire, the young pilot still manages to barely avoid obstacles and enemy weapons-fire, hopefully giving the gunner(s) a clean shot!

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

As the forces fight to tear Elminar from his seat he grips the console with one hand as he enters commands with the other. "Systems have a lock on the casing. I can't get strong readings within the shell itself. They aren't going to give us another clear run at this dive. We must not let this chance slip from our grasp."

Computers plus Ship Bonus to target the Greenhouse: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 2 = 25

I guess I could have used one of the ship bonuses, but my mind was already in for saving them for the gunner.

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

The oversized haan cannot even really fit in the turret area fully, his large abdomen shoved out into the hallway as his mandibles delicately operate the turrets spinning and aiming capabilities. He takes aim at what he expects is a load bearing beam and fires.

These human supremacist scumbags won't know what hit them

Gunnery, using of the computer boosts: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25


Particle Beam Damage: 8d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3, 6, 5, 5, 1, 5) = 34 1 to 2 is 35

Your team demonstrates your Starfinder bona fides with a dizzying display of starship efficiency: the Drake narrowly avoids incoming cannon fire, spirals into a descent, and rips along hole through the heart of the greenhouse with its forward particle beam, decapitating some type of tower near the center. You land within the devastated field and see pale-green plants writhe and shrivel as they burn away from the lunar surface, ignited by the blast of starship weapon fire. Plumes of light-gray smoke billow from the inferno, rising as high as the fractured atmospheric shell before getting sucked through the cracks and dissipating into the vacuum of space. Near the center of the broken field stands a wiry research tower, barely visible beyond the roaring flames.

The damage tower is the only visible sign of technological architecture, so you make your way in that direction. A ways ahead, you glimpse multiple human corpses in both lab coats and Aeon Guard armor. You spot one a ways ahead that is still mobile, as well as a small creature accompanying it.

Map is updated. Low gravity, thin atmo, so environmental seals are a must. Fire damages (duh) and obstructs vision and lasers like a fog cloud.

Initiative:

He-Who-Grinds-Blades-to-Dust: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Elminar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Grif: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Numina: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Brock: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
AG: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Iztheptar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Round 1 (bold may post)
Brock
Numina

Iztheptar
Aeon Guard
He-Who-Grinds-Blades-to-Dust
Elminar
Grif

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

How high is that rock formation to the west of us?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 0/40; HP 23/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 0/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz, emerges from her cabin, looking distinctly hung over.

With horror she looks around the Drake. "Oh my goodness, how did I end up in this heap of junk? The last thing I remember was..." Then the sounds of the ships engines, and the quiet humm of its guns cut through her alcohol fuzzed consciousness.

"Oh great."

She hurries to the bridge and jumps into the copilots seat. "Wanna let me take over?" she asks with a grin.

pilot: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Brock glances from the Captain's chair over at the pilot and mutters as the ship deftly lands, "Never gonna say that humans can't hold their liquor again, that's for sure. Fine flying ..." He stands up and strides off the bridge.

He is wearing glistening new commander ceremonial plate, with the grey and dark orange coloration of his clan colors. With a tap on the side of his head, the helmet seals up, reminiscent of the style of dwarven helms of old, and he brings up his environmental seals.

As Brock gets in the doorway, he pauses and he glances at his young nephew. "Stay by the comms, Myron. I may need you to tell me how to kill things. Not Azlanti, of course ... I've got that down."

With a flick of his wrist, Brock's armor releases a handaxe into his right hand. He hustles up, taking cover behind the rock formation to try to get a better look at the Aeon Guard ahead.

Where are the corpses? If they're nearby, someone should search them. Does it look like this other creature is a prisoner? And is our objective off to the west of the map?

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

Numina flicks a switch, activating her jet pack and flies over up behind Brock. She draws what looks like a Vesk battle blade form her back.

It is her glamered laser rifle

Exo-Guardians

NG Haan (WIld Warden) Soldier (Armor Storm/Star Knight) 7 | SP: 8/56 HP: 53/53 RP: 9/9 | KAC: 27 EAC: 25 vs CM: 32 (20% fortification) DR 5/-, elec res 5| F: 7 R: 6 W: 6 (+2 vs Spells) | Init + 3 Perc: +8 | Speed 35 ft/40 ft unarmored

He-Who-Grinds-Blades-To-Dust tumbles out of the cramped and confined quarters of the drake and is almost relieved to see the open spaces, but beholds the hostiles warily.

Numina isss that a man or an undead abomination? I mussst know for tactical reasons. the giant haan hisses.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male elf outlaw technomancer 6 | SP 0/36 HP 34/34 | RP 5/7 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +7 | Init: +8 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 4/6, 2nd 3/5, Cache 1/1 | Active conditions: none

As Elminar begins to ready for combat, he holds pistol ready while surveying the landscape. "Be careful with your shots, especially with the non-Alzanti. Even if they are working with the empire, it is likely they didn't have much a choice."

Dataphiles

Android Technomancer 6 Init +5 | SP 0|42, HP 31|34, RP 7|9 | EAC23, KAC 24 | Perception +7
Resources:
Spells 1st 4, 2nd 2, Energise 1|1, Cache 1|1, Reroll: unused
Conditions: Mirror Images 2

If she can see them clearly enough Numina will also try and identify the enemy.

Guard: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Second creature: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Engineering +15, Life Science +17, Mysticism +12


Corpses are just for description, not in play on the map. Rocks stand about 20 feet high, enough to provide cover or total cover. The northwest corner is toward your objective.

The corpses are all in broken Aeon Guard armor or white lab coats, their bodies obviously mangled by your strafing run. With eyes on the targets, Numina recognizes the threats ahead as another Aeon Guard equipped with the customary AG assault rifle, an automatic longarm that fires kinetic rounds. The smaller critter, which looks like an upright crustacean of sorts, she IDs as an iztheptar, a natural adapter and master biotechnician that imprints early in life like a swan, so probably a loyal minion to the Aeon Throne. They tend to have a bunch of augmentations, such as dragon glands, venom spurs, and wide-spectrum ocular implants.

The iztheptar scuttles toward your position while the Azlanti, keeping his distance from the flames, gets a better vantage point and fires at Brock.

GM Screen:
Attack vs. Brock KAC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage (P): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

A slug chips the surface of the dwarf's armor.

Round 1 (bold may post)
Gunnz
He-Who-Grinds-Blades-to-Dust
Elminar
Grif

Round 2
Brock (-9 SP)
Numina

Iztheptar
Aeon Guard

Exo-Guardians

male LG dwarf corporate agent soldier (armor storm) 5/Envoy 1 | SP 0/59 HP 19/47 | RP 8/9 | EAC 22; KAC 24 | Fort +7; Ref +5; Will +8 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6, SM: +6+1d6 | Speed 20ft | Expendables: Smoke grenades: 2/2, Shout Projector: 20/20, Jump Jets: 20/20, Idaran Baton: 20/20 | Active conditions: Environmental Protections.

Brock grins as the shot strikes. "Good. I'd never live it down in the corporate lounge if I come back from this mission with pristine armor."

He points at the creature, speaking in Azlanti.

Azlanti:
"Shootin' at me without even demanding surrender? Tells me all I need to know about you. I'll give you a chance to surrender, though ... but not your friend."

He advances to the west, to get a better shot at the Azlanti, hurling his handaxe at him.

I believe, with lower gravity, he's in first range increment of the handaxe, but not in a position to look that up easily right now. Not sure if the ally provides some level of cover or not.

Handaxe ranged attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Handaxe damage: 1d4 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 S

1 to 50 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS-GameDay VIII-GM Skeemo] 1–27 King Xeros of Star Azlant (author run) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.