[Gameday VIII] GM Brew's Slaver's End 10-21

Game Master Wicked Brew

Map


251 to 284 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Did we get a description of Phlegos? Does it appear that this is him, or somebody else? either way, I will cat Glitterdust on him. DC 20 will save or be blinded.

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
|AC 20*, T 12, FF 20*|HP: 33/42|F +5*, R +4*, W +7* (+8 vs MA, +2 vs divine magic/death/ED/negative/Necr)|Init 0, Perc +1*|CMB +5*, CMD 13|6/11 Sacrifice, 1/1 Pyrotechnics, 1/1 Godless, 1/1 Rally, 0/1 Rova, 1/1 Liberate

I'm waiting for feedback on my Sense Motive check.


The agents spy the half-orc, whom they are certain is the hated Phlegos. Vanzetti tries to gauge the former pathfinder, but hsi colleagues spring into action before he can get a good read either way.

Riptide makes a move, but Phlegos was clearly ready and weary and is quicker on the draw. Before either opponent can act, the agents attention is drawn to the back of the antechamber. A half-elf with an enormous hat and a nasty looking rapier bust into the room and attacks the nearest agent, Vanzetti. The newcomer is able to drive the blade into the mysterious masked magician.

Game on! Colin is up and may change his previously posted action if he chooses.

***ROUND 1***

Jirandiel
-----
Colin
-----
Phlegos
-----
Vanzetti (-18)
Titus
Riptide

lets go!:

Riptide: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Colin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Vanzetti: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Titus: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Phlegos: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

rapier attack: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
rapier damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +11 : Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 hp 45 Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6 CL2/FTR3

OH hey its HIM... I say as the door flies open and I prepare to launch into action. when it is my turn of course

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Foolish pirate, you are not the one we came for. But as you insist on interfering, I will send you to your doom all the sooner.

Colin will use his Arcane Focus to cast Summon Monster IV, summoning 1d3+1 leopards.

# Leopards: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fort Save, DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Leopard Stat Block:

N Medium animal
Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 26 (3d8+12)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d6+5 plus grab), 2 claws +8 (1d3+5)
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +8, 1d3+5)

STATISTICS

Str 20, Dex 19, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 6
Base Atk +2; CMB +7 (+11 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Stealth), Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +11, Perception +5, Stealth +11 (+15 in undergrowth); Racial Modifiers +4 on Stealth in undergrowth

The four leopards savagely tear into their new foe!

Leopard #1

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grab (it hits): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Leopard #2

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Grab (it hits): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Leopard #3

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grab (it hits): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

Leopard #4

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Grab (it hits): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


@Colin do you need concentration and FORT save? Otherwise summon spell is a full round cast, right?

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

I have acadamae graduate - only need the fort save and am only fatigued if I fail.


Colin once again reaches beyond the veil to conjure ferocious felines. The creatures attack the half elf. Amazingly, the deft swordsperson dodges or parries most of the kitty attacks. Two of the cats manage to hang on with its teeth.

Phlegos uncaps a vial and gulps its contents. His form seems to blur and vibrate out of focus.

***ROUND 1***

Jirandiel (-28) grappled by cat 3 and 4
-----
Colin
-----
Phlegos
-----
Vanzetti (-18)
Titus
Riptide

Party up, bold may act.


maps & images for The Ruby Phoenix Tournament |

Riptide bellows "All you have to do is lie down and surrender to end this assault." Riptide takes a 5' step then unleashes his full attack.

Rage, PA Bite: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 - 2 = 23
for magic B,P&S dmg: 1d8 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 4 = 19 miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 15
Raging PA Claw#1: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 2 = 32
for magic B&S dmg: 2d6 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 11 + 4 = 26 miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Raging PA Claw#2: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 16 - 2 = 30
for magic B&S dmg: 2d6 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 11 + 4 = 21 miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 91


@Rop, sorry must have forgotten to add that damage.

Riptide finishes clawing the pirate to pieces.

The gunner once again dodges the firework dragon but is distracted and takes the full brunt of Vanzetti's fireball. The fire engulfs the gunner and singes the pirate badly.

The last pirate manages to clear his eyes, only to see a raging half orc descend on him, tearing him to shreds.

Out of combat.

The room to the south of the agents smolders as smoke pours from the door. Both Vanzetti and remain trapped in the floor.

Actions?

***ROUND 2***
Colin
-----
Riptide
Vanzetti entangled/anchored
-----
blue pirate (-32) blinded
-----
Titus entangled/anchored

fire!:

REF save gun: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
REF save gun: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
REF BLUE: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
WIL BLUE: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +11 : Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 hp 45 Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6 CL2/FTR3

Ok, I am a little confused, which is not hard. How did I get anchored to the floor again? I am only tracking Phelogs and the pirate with a big hat....


@Titus you have been freed from the floor. Just seeing the above and I do not know how my last post got there. It looks like a repost of a prior combat that I have no clue how was re-posted. Please ignore that post. Titus and Vanzett need to post an action then I can resolve the round.

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
|AC 20*, T 12, FF 20*|HP: 33/42|F +5*, R +4*, W +7* (+8 vs MA, +2 vs divine magic/death/ED/negative/Necr)|Init 0, Perc +1*|CMB +5*, CMD 13|6/11 Sacrifice, 1/1 Pyrotechnics, 1/1 Godless, 1/1 Rally, 0/1 Rova, 1/1 Liberate

The mysterious masked magician gives the maniac with the hat a strangely reproachful look.

"Oh dear," He says. "You poor fool...."

It is around this time that you notice that V's blood demonstrates an odd and ominous glimmer when it is drawn by another...whenever I take combat damage, I gain +1 CL for the next round!

defensive casting DC 19: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

...said blood begins to float into the air, congealing - and then igniting! - into a corona of five fiery shuriken!

Fiery shuriken Augmented as by saltpeter (+1 damage) and darkwood bark (+1 CL), total CL 10th - however many (if any) are not needed to finish off my assailant, promptly instead phly toward Phlegos:

shuriken #1 (ranged touch attack), heroism, Sacrificial Boon, melee penalty, whatever else: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
fire damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

shuriken #2 (ranged touch attack), heroism, Sacrificial Boon, melee penalty, whatever else: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
fire damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

shuriken #3 (ranged touch attack), heroism, Sacrificial Boon, melee penalty, whatever else: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
fire damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

shuriken #4 (ranged touch attack), heroism, Sacrificial Boon, melee penalty, whatever else: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
fire damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

shuriken #3 (ranged touch attack), heroism, Sacrificial Boon, melee penalty, whatever else: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
fire damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Waiting on Titus.

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +11 : Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 hp 45 Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6 CL2/FTR3

After watching the hail of arcane might go after the big hat half elf, i step up and swing.

LS atk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
LS damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Riptide steps forth and unleashes a fury upon Phlegos. He hits the former agent once, clawing the half orc. His other strikes hitting a blurred form.

Titus moves forward and strikes at the mysterious swordswoman. He misses the deft warrior.

Vanzetti conjures an array of fiery stars and launches them at the half elf. Two of them strike the engaged foe.

The half elf tries to fight off the attacking cats, starting with the ones biting her. She manages to slay one of the attacking leopards.

***ROUND 2***

Jirandiel (-40) grappled by cat 3
-----
Colin
Cat 1
Cat2
Cat3

-----
Phlegos (-21)
-----
Vanzetti (-18)
Titus
Riptide

Colin is up!

get off:

attk1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
attk2: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
attk3: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Riptide! Remember, we need that one alive! Do not let yourself get overzealous!

Colin will cast haste on the three cats and his party. The cats continue their assault! Cat 3 will release its grapple and full attack.

Cat Red
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Grab (If Bite Hits): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 2 + 1 = 19

Bite (Haste): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Grab (If Bite Hits): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Cat Blue
Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grab (If Bite Hits): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 = 32

Bite (Haste): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grab (If Bite Hits): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 1 = 19

Cat Green

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grab (If Bite Hits): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 1 = 15

Bite (Haste): 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grab (If Bite Hits): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 1 = 29


Colin draws magic to speed his cats and allies and the remaining felines pounce! They land several hits but do not manage to grab hold this time.

Phlegos tries to get a glance at the doorway and appears conflicted. He looks at the raging half orc and tries to defend himself. His feeble attempts are not close.

***ROUND 2***

Jirandiel (-91) grappled by cat 3
-----
Colin
Cat 1
Cat2
Cat3
-----
Phlegos (-21)
-----
Vanzetti (-18)
Titus
Riptide

Pathfinders are up!

go away:

stab: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
stab: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +11 : Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 hp 45 Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6 CL2/FTR3

Feeling the gift of needed speed I strike out at the broad brimmed adversary.

LS attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
LS attack Hasted: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Watching the blade narrowly miss on the opening strike and working it back with at her with superior speed.

LS Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Liberty's Edge

HP: 56/56 (68/68 raging) Sonic HP: 28/28 (34/34 Raging) (AC: 18+1/11+1Tch/18+1FF (Current:-/-Tch/-FF )| CMB: +12 (+2Raging), CMD: 23 | F: +10(+3 rage), R: +6, W: +6 | Init: +2| Perc: +10, SM: +2 Speed 40ft | Rage: 11/16 | Spells: 2/day (2/2): Frostbite, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge,

Riptide snarls, "Colin, you never let me have any fun!"
Riptide takes a 5' step, then continues his assault, trying to deal nonlethal damage.

Rage Bite: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 4 = 24 for magic B,P&S NL dmg: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13 miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Raging Claw#1: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 16 - 4 = 27 for magic B&S NL dmg: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (4, 1) + 11 = 16 miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 30
Raging Claw#2: 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 16 - 4 = 22 for magic B&S NL dmg: 2d6 + 11 + 4 ⇒ (1, 2) + 11 + 4 = 18 miss chance, high=hit: 1d100 ⇒ 81


Riptide begins to make out Phlegos' form and manages to land a two attacks.

Titus engages the sword wielder. The daring blade is able to knock away Titus' attack, leaving the warrior wide open for a riposte! The sword bearer drives the rapier deep in Titus' shoulder.

***ROUND 2***

Jirandiel (-91)
-----
Colin
Cat 1
Cat2
Cat3
-----
Phlegos (-57)
-----
Vanzetti (-18)
Titus (-20)
Riptide

Vanzetti up!

en garde!:

opportune parry: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40
riposte: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 37
crit confirm: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
damage: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 2) + 12 = 20


Vanzetti up, will give one more day before botting.


Vanzetti attempts to call forth more fiery magic to down the sword wielder.

defensive casting: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36

The burning stars appear before the masked magician. He points and the shurikens fly at their foe.

fire fire fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
fire fire fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
fire fire fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
fire fire fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
fire fire fire: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Two strike home, badly damaging their target.

The cornered foe strikes with its rapier, trying desperately to fend off the attacking cats.The swordsperson slays another cat and damages yet another.

***ROUND 3***

Jirandiel (-101)
-----
Colin
Cat blue
Cat green

-----
Phlegos (-57)
-----
Vanzetti (-18)
Titus (-20)
Riptide

Colin and the cats are go!

get off:

Attk: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (12) + 22 = 34
Attk: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
Attk: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
crit confirm: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29

damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
dmagae: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4) + 12 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Colin will cast Blindness/Deafness on Jirandiel. They need a DC 19 fort save or be blinded.

Meanwhile, the cats continue to maul their foe!

Green Leopard
Bite 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grab if bite hits: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 = 28

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bite Haste: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grab if bite hits: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 = 28

Blue Leopard
Bite 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Grab if bite hits: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21

Claw 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Claw 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d3 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bite Haste: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grab if bite hits: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 + 1 = 30


Colin prepares to cast a debilitating spell on Jirandiel, but the pirate finally succumbs to the leopards' ferocious onslaught.

Phlegos, seeing the pirate go down, throws his hands up.

"Thats it Pathfinders I surrender! That salt sucking spawn of crawfish has been keeping me captive. Whatever you Pathfinders have waitin' for me can't be worse than what I have been through..."

What do you do?

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Rare to find one so accepting of their fate. Though I suspect that whatever the Pathfinders want of you is nothing compared to the writhing insanity to which we will all eventually succumb...but that will come another day. Or later today. Really none know when their room will arrive. But it is not here now. Now, you will tell us the best way to escape this place with ourselves, you as our prisoner, and the slave we rescued. We were transported here by magic, and need more mundane means to leave.

Also, as Pathfinders are want to do, we wish to secure any magic items or valuables in this house. If you know where your now deceased master kept such things, your aid would be appreciated.

After speaking with Phlegos, Colin will begin searching the room with detect magic up.

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +11 : Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 hp 45 Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6 CL2/FTR3

I don't say much looking at Phlegos. We need to secure him, anyone got some manicles or at least rope?


Phleogos hangs his head and falls to his knees and the agents can see his resignation. The half orc shakes his head slowly, surely trying to figure out how his life has led him to this moment.

The agents search the corpse of Jirandel and the room. On the corpse, the find a finely made and clearly magical rapier. A ring of keys also rests on the belt.

Vanzetti's eyes are drawn to the writing desk in the room. A glass orb rests there, swirls of blue and green light tumble slowly inside.

Not quite done. Please post any actions in the room and then I will assume the group heads for the docks to secure passage back to civilization.

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Colin will attempt to identify the items with detect magic.

Spellcraft Rapier: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 2 = 28
Spellcraft Glass Orb: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 17 + 2 = 32

He will gather the keys, and search through any rooms we had missed because they were locked. Then he'll go gather up the slave we freed and escort them to the docks to leave the estate.


Colin takes the time to examine the magical objects found in the master suite of the estate.

He holds the rapier,turning it over in his hands...His power and knowledge begin to reveal the blades secrets.

Colin, rapier:

+2 rapier.

Satisfied, Colin then takes hold of the orb. He focuses his mind on wisps of green and blue that swirl in the depths of the item, he tries to bring forth knowledge from the chaos.

Colin, orb:

The orb's magical properties fail to revel themselves, though Colin feels with aid and considerable more time, he may be able to discover the orb's purpose.

Liberty's Edge

HP 84/72 | AC 11 T 11 FF 10 | CMB +0, CMD 11 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 Classes: Wizard (Sin Mage (Sloth Conjuration Specialist) 7

Ooof, a 32 doesn't get that? I think that's an artifact level item...

This item is incredibly powerful... what eldritch horrors this could summon, I cannot divine. This is far greater a prize for us to have secured than the pathetic wretch we came here for.

As stated above, we'll clear the rest of the house, then head to the docks and try to secure a ship to leave this place.

Grand Lodge

Male Human: Init +4 Perception +11 : Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 18AC 20, touch 12, flat-footed 18 hp 45 Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +6 CL2/FTR3

Well, then, we have what we wanted and something extra. I say we get out of this place and do what is required. Thoughts?


@Colin I know, you almost hit it though.

The party gathers anyhting of worth from the pirate hideaway and escort their prisoner to the docks...

Ok, I know this scenario has run long bu there is one more encounter I can run. I will leave it up to you folks to decide to run it or not. Otherwise, I will end it and issue chronicles.

Liberty's Edge

male Emberkin Aasimar Sorcerer 8
Spoiler:
|AC 20*, T 12, FF 20*|HP: 33/42|F +5*, R +4*, W +7* (+8 vs MA, +2 vs divine magic/death/ED/negative/Necr)|Init 0, Perc +1*|CMB +5*, CMD 13|6/11 Sacrifice, 1/1 Pyrotechnics, 1/1 Godless, 1/1 Rally, 0/1 Rova, 1/1 Liberate

Sorry for my hiatus there; if I can aid Colin's Spellcraft, I do so:

aid Colin's Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

251 to 284 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] GM Brew's Slaver's End 10-21 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.