Egg's Gameday VIII Blackmoon Survey

Game Master eggellis

Maps


51 to 100 of 228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Blackmoon maps

Rayburn's eyes twinkle at T'laka's question. He unleashes a torrent of info about the things they've found. He will prattle on about all kinds of minutia for the rest of the day if you let him.

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Thanks for clarifying Egg, I was crossing some of the locations...

Baròleg allows the two talk shop for a few moments before politely disengaging and shifting the team to the barracks.

Exo-Guardians

Male Elebrian Soldier (spacefarer) 2; SP 16/16, HP 16/16, RP 5/6; EAC 16, KAC 17, CMD 25; F +4, R +5, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +5; Perception –1 (low-light vision)

Sully points to the wounds on the throat. "This isn't rabid undead. These people were executed, with manufactured weapons. Could this be a false flag? Let's check with the other excavation staff."


Blackmoon maps

In the living, and unliving, quarters you will find 32 sentient staff and 61 mindless undead. Over the next couple of hours the party can make your way through the various peoples from across the Pact Worlds to ask around.

You may each make two checks with one of the following skills. They can both be the same or a different for each. Bluff, Computers, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perception, a related Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth.

Please give a cool description of how awesomely you use said skills to canvas the area as well.

Acquisitives

Outlaw Android Operative // Init +5 Percept +5 SenseMotive +3 // F 0 R 6 W 2 (+2 v disease, mind-affecting effects, poison and sleep) // KAC 16 EAC 15 ; Stamina 7/7 HP 6/10 Resolve 3/5

Tofana keeps to the rear of the group, trying not to attract attention. With a whispered, "i'll be back" over the comms, she slips gently away from the group and into a service corridor. Easing softly through the corridor, sidestepping into alcoves or doorways to avoid being seen, she checks rooms and eavesdrops until she finds an unoccupied room with an open computer terminal.

She slips inside and quietly closes the door behind her. Trusting to her night vision, she leaves the lights off tries to access any security camera footage or gate logs.

Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Computers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Acquisitives

Male Korasha Lashunta Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | Spd: 20 ft | SP: 14/14, HP: 15/17, RP: 3/4 | EAC: 15 KAC: 17 | Init +1 | Fort: +3, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Perception: +3, Sense Motive: -1

Kal'rin moves from interview to interview adding a few comments to each, quietly persuading when it seems appropriate or looming and looking intimidating with any staff who seem to need a different kind of persuasion.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Dataphiles

Host Host Shirren Spacefarer Technomancer 2 | Spd:30 | SP:9/12, HP:16/16, RP:4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Init +2 | Fort:1, Ref:2, Will:4 | Per:1 Sense Motive:1 | Spells 1st: 0/3; Spell Cache 0/1; darts 59/60 Darts in rifle: 10/10 | Current Conditions: none

Tlaka talks to people about their work, mostly responding with a series of "Uhuh. Uhuh". While they're doing so, they move over to a computer terminal and log-in.

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"Go on, that's very interesting" tap tap tap

Computers: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki | Spd:30 | SP:6/6, HP:8/8, RP:4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Init +4 | Fort:2, Ref:5, Will:3 | Per:6 Sense Motive: 6 | Bounty Hunter Operative 1

Yis, having accompanied the group and remaining quiet for a great deal of the the time, tilts his heead and grins mischeviously at the female Ysoki. While everyone is distracted though, and as he seems to have not been noticed a great deal, Yis decides to take the oporutnity to blend further into the background and see what he can find, be it shiny, or just interesting in formation.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Exo-Guardians

Male Elebrian Soldier (spacefarer) 2; SP 16/16, HP 16/16, RP 5/6; EAC 16, KAC 17, CMD 25; F +4, R +5, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +5; Perception –1 (low-light vision)

Sully sets his therapist to work asking around the living laborers, while he surveys escape routes and potential weak points in the surrounding buildings. Good thing he always comes along. He's a lot better talking to folks than I am.

Bluff (ally): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Diplomacy (ally): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Baròleg moves through the quarters, taking time to talk to as many sentients as he can. Using all of his tact and training he'll engage each trying to find out more about the dig site and the deaths.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 10 + (2) = 26
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 10 + (3) = 14


Blackmoon maps

After the party reconvenes and compares notes there are two pieces of info you have pieced together.

Intel #1: Everyone who went missing, including the undead laborers, were all operating beyond the established perimeter of the main excavation site. It’s common knowledge that they fell prey to some of Eox’s roaming feral undead.

Intel #2: The latest dig site hasn’t been fully launched yet, and staff are eager to begin work there. So far, Berchta has managed only to set up several automated excavators to start trawling the ground, both identifying points of archaeological interest as well as preparing for the next set of digs. A korasha lashunta named Sennox led a small band of mindless undead menials to begin a preliminary sweep of the area. Sennox’s body was later found ravaged, and the mindless menials disappeared. Berchta has yet to let anyone else inspect the new dig site for fear of further attacks.

Acquisitives

Male Korasha Lashunta Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | Spd: 20 ft | SP: 14/14, HP: 15/17, RP: 3/4 | EAC: 15 KAC: 17 | Init +1 | Fort: +3, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Perception: +3, Sense Motive: -1

After catching up with the rest of the group Kal'rin says "Everything seems to point toward the new dig site, we should probably take a look for our selves.".

Dataphiles

Host Host Shirren Spacefarer Technomancer 2 | Spd:30 | SP:9/12, HP:16/16, RP:4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Init +2 | Fort:1, Ref:2, Will:4 | Per:1 Sense Motive:1 | Spells 1st: 0/3; Spell Cache 0/1; darts 59/60 Darts in rifle: 10/10 | Current Conditions: none

"It seems this all started when they began poking around a new dig site. I wonder what they unearthed. I agree we should check it out, but let's be on our guard."

If that's everything here at the base at least, have we missed anything?

Acquisitives

Outlaw Android Operative // Init +5 Percept +5 SenseMotive +3 // F 0 R 6 W 2 (+2 v disease, mind-affecting effects, poison and sleep) // KAC 16 EAC 15 ; Stamina 7/7 HP 6/10 Resolve 3/5

"This is better than wandering aimlessly here hoping for a lead. Maybe we will find a clue that can direct further inquiry."

We can always come back.


Blackmoon maps

Shortly after finishing the investigations in the barracks, Berchta offers to lead the group to the dig site.

Assuming you're ready...

The uneven terrain requires that the group travel on foot, but Berchta can readily guide the PCs to the area. The entire journey takes only 20 minutes of hiking from the facility.Map on slide 3.

Not in combat rounds currently but placement on the map does matter so place yourselves next to anything you want to check out. You can move about and check for clues. Also, please make either a Physical Science or Survival check.

Acquisitives

Outlaw Android Operative // Init +5 Percept +5 SenseMotive +3 // F 0 R 6 W 2 (+2 v disease, mind-affecting effects, poison and sleep) // KAC 16 EAC 15 ; Stamina 7/7 HP 6/10 Resolve 3/5

Is that a big rock in the middle or a pit?

Physical Science, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Tofana unslings her rifle and strides past the yellow machine to the center of the site.


Blackmoon maps

20 foot tall rock.

Dataphiles

Host Host Shirren Spacefarer Technomancer 2 | Spd:30 | SP:9/12, HP:16/16, RP:4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Init +2 | Fort:1, Ref:2, Will:4 | Per:1 Sense Motive:1 | Spells 1st: 0/3; Spell Cache 0/1; darts 59/60 Darts in rifle: 10/10 | Current Conditions: none

T'laka comes to look at the rock too.

"Strange colouration, isn't it? It seems almost out of place"

Physical Science: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

If this is to related to strange new worlds or features of space they treat the DC as five lower

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Do we know where the bodies were found? I'd move there to start searching...

More in his element, Baròleg begins moving through the scene methodically and helps talk through crime scene preservation and searching protocols. "Thankful there should be little disruption, archeological dig protocols would help preserve any evidence..." Believing in caution, he draws his laser pistol to his off hand.

Acquisitives

Outlaw Android Operative // Init +5 Percept +5 SenseMotive +3 // F 0 R 6 W 2 (+2 v disease, mind-affecting effects, poison and sleep) // KAC 16 EAC 15 ; Stamina 7/7 HP 6/10 Resolve 3/5
T'laka wrote:

T'laka comes to look at the rock too.

"Strange colouration, isn't it? It seems almost out of place"

...

"It does seem strange. Give me a boost up."

Tofana slings her rifle around her head and shoulder and, hopefullly with T"laka's help, tries to scale the rock.

Atheletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Blackmoon maps

Everyone is going to want to try the Physical Science/Survival check so I'm going to give everyone a chance to roll before resolving anything else.

Exo-Guardians

Male Elebrian Soldier (spacefarer) 2; SP 16/16, HP 16/16, RP 5/6; EAC 16, KAC 17, CMD 25; F +4, R +5, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +5; Perception –1 (low-light vision)

Sully drifts away from the group, investigating some of the excavation equipment.

Survival: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

Acquisitives

Male Korasha Lashunta Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | Spd: 20 ft | SP: 14/14, HP: 15/17, RP: 3/4 | EAC: 15 KAC: 17 | Init +1 | Fort: +3, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Perception: +3, Sense Motive: -1

Kal'rin Makes a slow circuit of the site looking for any thing that stands out.

Survival (Untrained): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki | Spd:30 | SP:6/6, HP:8/8, RP:4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Init +4 | Fort:2, Ref:5, Will:3 | Per:6 Sense Motive: 6 | Bounty Hunter Operative 1

Yis takes out his weapon and checks it, making sure it's loaded before followeing after Kal'rin, sweeping his practised gaze across the terrain.

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Blackmoon maps

Just before everyone starts the investigation Yis notices something odd in the distance. It looks like some sort of dust storm is forming on the horizon.

Assuming Yis mentions it Berchta explains, "That'll be what we've taken to calling a glass cyclone. A bunch of radioactive glass blows around. Pretty nasty stuff."

Fortunately Yis gets the impression that you have some time to search before it hits.

Since Yis noticed the storm in the nick of time you guys are safe. Map placement is not as important now, just let me know what you are checking out. And I guess I should explain what some of the features are. The yellow things are excavators, as Sully figured out. There is also a partially revealed ruin northeast of where Sully is.

Tofana makes it to the top of the rock with no issue. It is a large, red stone that's crisscrossed with reflective silver slashes where the excavators’ blades dulled themselves while unearthing the ground once above the stone.

If you feel the need to hide laying flat on the stone would give a +2 bonus to stealth.

Sully discovers that the excavator would probably not work currently as some of its cables have been cut. Engineering check to inspect further.

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Making a long loop through the site, Baròleg looks for anything out of the ordinary. He also stops at each of the excavators to confirm if they have similar damage. "Can anyone tell if these were sabotaged or if a natural event could've done it?"

Once he makes his way to the newly uncovered ruins, he begins searching methodically for any clues to evidence.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Dataphiles

Host Host Shirren Spacefarer Technomancer 2 | Spd:30 | SP:9/12, HP:16/16, RP:4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Init +2 | Fort:1, Ref:2, Will:4 | Per:1 Sense Motive:1 | Spells 1st: 0/3; Spell Cache 0/1; darts 59/60 Darts in rifle: 10/10 | Current Conditions: none

Hearing Baròleg's call T'laka goes to investigate the excavators.

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

"What do we have here? Hmm? You've been sabotaged haven't you?"

They make clacking noises as they talk to themselves and the excavator absently, ocassionally looking up to peer at the horizon in search of this storm Yis has warned them about.

Exo-Guardians

Male Elebrian Soldier (spacefarer) 2; SP 16/16, HP 16/16, RP 5/6; EAC 16, KAC 17, CMD 25; F +4, R +5, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +5; Perception –1 (low-light vision)

Engineering: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Sully takes a closer look at the cut wires to determine if there was tampering.


Blackmoon maps

Baroleg notices some blast marks on the ruins, but he can't tell what made them.

He also finds that all of the excavators have been damaged. T'laka and Sully find that the damage came from a very specific rewiring of the electronic circuits, rerouting power from the most powerful hydraulic motors in the excavators to the drive train and causing an overload. Such an action could be caused only by someone with basic knowledge of machinery—far beyond the actions of mindless or feral undead.

Acquisitives

Male Korasha Lashunta Ace Pilot Solarian 2 | Spd: 20 ft | SP: 14/14, HP: 15/17, RP: 3/4 | EAC: 15 KAC: 17 | Init +1 | Fort: +3, Ref: +1, Will: +2 | Perception: +3, Sense Motive: -1

After looking around the site for a few minutes Kal'rin makes his way over to T'laka and Tofana. Regularly looking up to check the status of the storm he waits to hear what the others have found.

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

"Yis, or anyone, how much time do we have left before the storm hits?"

I'd like to search around the excavators, the stone in the center, and a general sweep of the cavern... How much can we conceivably do before the storm hits?

Acquisitives

Male Ysoki | Spd:30 | SP:6/6, HP:8/8, RP:4/4 | EAC:14 KAC:15 | Init +4 | Fort:2, Ref:5, Will:3 | Per:6 Sense Motive: 6 | Bounty Hunter Operative 1

As the others find the sabotaged wiring, Yis looks towards the storm, frowning. His fur prickles, getting in caught in something like that would certianly not be pleasant. As Baroleg calls to him, the Ysoki is pulled from his reverie, his ears twitching, flattening against his head and his tail curling around his leg. He looks to the Lashunta for a moment before turning back to the growing smudge.

Still looking into the distance Yis calls back with his best guess as to how much time they have.

If my previous survival role is not enough to tell how much time they have then please use the one below

Survival: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Blackmoon maps

To make this simple for you guys: The storm won't be a worry since Yis noticed it. And you've discovered what you can about the rock and excavators, only the ruins remain.

Acquisitives

Outlaw Android Operative // Init +5 Percept +5 SenseMotive +3 // F 0 R 6 W 2 (+2 v disease, mind-affecting effects, poison and sleep) // KAC 16 EAC 15 ; Stamina 7/7 HP 6/10 Resolve 3/5

From her perch on the rock Tofana watches the storm's approach.

"We must hurry, to search the ruins," she states flatly. After one last look around and at the storm, she climbs down from the rock.

Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Blackmoon maps

When Tofana arrives at the ruins she immediately recognizes that the blast marks are from sniper fire.

This was an odd one. No roll to discover the sniper info. Someone had to look at it that was trained in either Engineering or a relevant Profession or someone who was proficient in snipers. I don't think I missed anyone who qualified looking before now.

As soon as Tofana shares this discovery it become clear that the storm is imminent. You have time to all gather inside the excavators for cover before the danger arrives however.

A sound like a depressurizing airlock roars through the area as driving winds rock the excavators with metallic creaks and groans. As dirt and dust fly up in a curtain of particulate fog, the wind’s sound begins to chatter like the sound of thousands of miniscule mandibles clacking together in search of things to shear and tear.

As quickly as the storm arrived it is gone.

Acquisitives

Outlaw Android Operative // Init +5 Percept +5 SenseMotive +3 // F 0 R 6 W 2 (+2 v disease, mind-affecting effects, poison and sleep) // KAC 16 EAC 15 ; Stamina 7/7 HP 6/10 Resolve 3/5

While the storm rages, Tofana tells the others about the sniper fire blast marks.


Blackmoon maps

After all the searching you all have done you are confident you have found anything to be found. Berchta is ready to lead you back to the camp to present your findings to Taylehm when you are ready.

Exo-Guardians

Male Elebrian Soldier (spacefarer) 2; SP 16/16, HP 16/16, RP 5/6; EAC 16, KAC 17, CMD 25; F +4, R +5, W +2; Spd 30 ft.; Init +5; Perception –1 (low-light vision)

Sully powers up his own sniper rifle. ”This doesn’t add up to roaming undead. There are sharpshooters afoot. The question is, why do all this?”

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Nodding in agreement with Sully, "True. Someone is trying to protect something." He stares off into nothing, "I wonder how we can bait them out, without endangering the dig teams."

Seeing nothing more to be gained, "Thank you Berchta, let's head back."

Dataphiles

Host Host Shirren Spacefarer Technomancer 2 | Spd:30 | SP:9/12, HP:16/16, RP:4/4 | EAC:13 KAC:14 | Init +2 | Fort:1, Ref:2, Will:4 | Per:1 Sense Motive:1 | Spells 1st: 0/3; Spell Cache 0/1; darts 59/60 Darts in rifle: 10/10 | Current Conditions: none

"Perhaps they are close to uncovering something here?"

T'laka casts detect magic before they leave to try to understand what might need protecting, but then is willing to return.

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

"Has to be. I'm also wondering if it's an Eoxian or Sarcesian interest... Both could have something of value here. Sniping fights the Sarcesian combat preference mentioned earlier, but Eoxian don't live as long as they do without learning a few tricks or gaining secrets..."

He is obviously lost in thought as the team returns to the base camp. "Maybe the dig team will have something new to shine more light on what we've found. Bertcha, you've been on world for while. Any thoughts?"


Blackmoon maps

"I don't know anything about all these machinations. I just help dig. Somebody is up to something though," Berchta replies

She then leads the crew back to camp and over to Taylehm's office. Not being one for pomp and circumstance Taylehm's door is open and she waves you in to have a seat while she finishes a conversation on her comm unit.

"Yeah all the breathers are still sick, we should be back up and running soon. I'll give you an update tomorrow but I've got to go, the doctors the Society sent are here to tell us what the disease is." She shuts the unit off and turns to the party, "Did you find anything?"

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Baròleg shares the teams findings with Taylem. "Breathers? Amusing... But I digress. So it would appear your new dig site is of interest to a 3rd party. Who and why will take more time and information to determine." He allows any of his teammates to add more information.

"Are you sure you have not found, or had contact with, anything or anyone that could help?"


Blackmoon maps

"A third party? No way, you must be mistaken about those bullet marks. I still say that its feral undead causing problems. And it's probably some of my workers who sabotaged the equipment. They're probably trying to stretch out their contracts. Or maybe they're just lazy."

You will have to convince her if you want her to believe you.

Exo-Guardians

Male Lashunta (Damaya) | Bounty Hunter | Envoy (Steward Officer) 2| SP: 1/12; HP: 16/16; RP: 2/3 | BAB: 1; EAC: 12; KAC: 13; CMD: 21 | F+1; R+4; W+4 | Init: +1; Perc: +8; Sense Motive + 6 (+d6); Spd: 30' |

Diplomacy/Convince the skeptic: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 10 + (2) = 32

Baròleg carefully walks Taylem through the events and the facts the team has discovered, using an approach similar to the scientific method expect that the archeologist would be more inclined to follow such a train of thought.


Blackmoon maps

"Well when you put it that way I suppose you're right. In that case I really need you to check on the security team, they may be in real trouble." She will give you directions to the canyon they were going to check out the last time anyone heard from them. It's a couple of miles from the dig site.

"And I've got some supplies you can take since this situation may be more dangerous than I thought."

She provides you with four mk 1 serums of healing, a frostbite-class zero rifle, a thunderstrike sonic pistol, and a suit of basic iridishell armor. I will give you a chance to divvy up the stuff and do anything else you may think of and we'll move to the next part tomorrow. One more thing though...

Physical Science or Survival:
It looks as though there won't be another storm like the one at the dig site anytime soon.

51 to 100 of 228 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Egg's Gameday VIII Blackmoon Survey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.