[PFS] S08-05 Ungrounded but Unbroken DM Jwert02 (Inactive)

Game Master DM jwert02


101 to 150 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed, Aspect of the Bull (STR+2)

Oooh! Are we doing something? Are we fighting? Oh boy oh boy oh boy! The wolverine quivers with excitement.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

Oh, crap! He's going to tear into them! Crap crap crap! Man, I need to teach him to stay! Kala's mind races as she tries to figure out how to keep Stinky from killing anyone.

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Not craving the encumbrance of a larger weapon, Avi picks up a wooden light mace and grips it in his hand to get the feel of it. He takes a few faux swipes i the air with it.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Have we stuck, again?


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

After securing your equipment, you enter the arena under the eyes of about a dozen Ungrounded and the Captain. Arrayed against you are Dell Darkblade and three other Recruits from the class ahead of you. You recognize recruits named Nively, Leord and Peol. They are of oread ancestry and wear chain shirts with daggers and practice scimitars that are steel but with blunted edges.

Not wasting any time, once you are positioned, Dell gives a nod and quick "To arms!. The oread recruits move forward and begin their attack. Nively moves up briskly and swings at Kala with an overhand chop. The scimitar hits hard on her left shoulder and the skin breaks open from the force of the blow. Kala feels a strange burning in the wound and get's slightly dizzy. Nively smiles wickedly when he sees the effect on Kala.

Peol is slower and maneuvers to Krystiana and Lina's flank, his scimitar bared. Leord rushes from the back line and Dell follows Peol to the south.

Map updated and you are placed

Initiative:

Avi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Raynard: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Krystiana: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Lina: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Kala: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ungrounded: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

GM Screen:

Nively Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kala Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Round 1
Ungrounded, Raynard, Lina, Avi, Krystiana, Kala
Block Initiative, Bold is Up

Status
Avi -0
Raynard -0
Krystiana -0
Lina -0
Kala -5 NL (poisoned -2 to attacks)
Stinky -0
Ungrounded Leord (Red) -0
Ungrounded Nively (Blue) -0
Ungrounded Peol (Green) -0
Dell (Black) -0

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Avi, not used to close combat strides up next to Stinky and Kala.

[move] 10', 1NW, 1W (landing in the square above Sinky)

Hello Kala. Standing alongside a more seasoned combatant makes me more confident in not getting myself killed. Allow me to join you in bashing this one.

He then does a double take and notices that her eyes look a little glassed over.

Whoa... hey, are you alright?

He then quickly swings at her assailant.

wooden mace (nonlethal), B nonlethal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d6 ⇒ 1 Given the nature of the weapon, I assume it's nonlethal damage by default and does *not* incur the -4 to hit nonlethal with a lethal weapon. Correct me if wrong.

He still finds himself hesitant and misses badly.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Raynard decides to attack the Red guy. He takes his wooden scimitar, comes closer to him and attacks.

wooden scimitar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

confirm crit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

After taking a quick step forward Krystiana attempts to make a powerful strike with her longsword against Peol.

Attack Wooden Longsword - PA: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 1 = 12
Damage + PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

Kala glares at Nively, growling: "Coward." To Stinky, she orders: "Stinky: Flank. Down."

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

Once the wolverine is in place, she swings her warhammer, Orc Brains, like a softball pitcher at the insufferable oread, making sure to pull her swing just enough to avoid doing any lethal damage.

Cold Iron Warhammer; nonlethal damage: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 211d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Includes bonus from Outflank feat

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed, Aspect of the Bull (STR+2)

Flank! Right! Got it! Stinky carefully backs out of range of the oread before scampering around to flank him.

Acrobatics to leave threatened square: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Then...

Wait... "Down?" I'm confused. You don't want me to attack? What's going on? Kala? I mean, I'll do it, but it's weird, is all. I really wish you could explain it to me better... Despite his confusion at this unusual turn of events, Stinky stays low and doesn't attack the foe that Kala whacks. It just feels so weird to him.

Sovereign Court

Ac 18 T 11 FF 17| HP 24/24| F+4 R+2 W+4| Init +7 Suli

Lina will move 15' and attack

NL Attack Fatigued: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 4 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 5) + 5 = 13


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Moving first among the Pathfinders, Raynard leaps forward and strikes a vicious blow to Leord's face. While it didn't completely crack his jaw, the blow leaves Leord stumbling and him raising his blade in return. "Basterd, that blow nearly took out my teeth. You'll pay". Lina moves to attack Peol, but her blow is weak and is easily countered. Peol barely has time to recover and glance another blow away from Kyrstiana, who has closed at the same time.

Avi positions himself astride Nively but attacks clumsily, failing to take advantage of Nively's focus on Kala. Kala however uses this time to position Stinky and then unloads on Nively with a solid blow to his ribs.

Leord attempts to strike back at Raynard but is easily blocked by his wooden scimitar with a loud "KLACK". Knively steps carefully and strikes Kala again, this time in the leg. It's a solid strike, and Kala feels a deep bruise on her thigh. Peol and Dell step side by side, but cannot deliver strikes to Krystiana or Lina.

GM Screen:

Leord Swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Nively Swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Peol Swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Dell Swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round 1
Ungrounded, Raynard, Lina, Avi, Krystiana, Kala
Block Initiative, Bold is Up

Status
Avi -0
Raynard -0
Krystiana -0
Lina -0
Kala -12 NL (poisoned -2 to attacks)
Stinky -0
Ungrounded Leord (Red) -10 NL
Ungrounded Nively (Blue) -6 NL
Ungrounded Peol (Green) -0
Dell (Black) -0

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Okay, I can get him this time now that Kala is distracting him... how is her rodent more useful than me in close-combat...

[5' step] WS (North of blue)
wooden mace (nonlethal) vs blue, B nonlethal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 61d6 ⇒ 4

Avi sighs audibly.

It's going to be another one of those days...

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

Kala grunts in pain as her leg is hit hard. She manages a quick glance around the battlefield. We're bunched up here. Quick as lightening, she identifies a strategy. Pointing at the red opponent (Leord, I assume), Kala commands the wolverine: "Stinky! Flank! Down!"

Handle Animal Companion DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

She then takes a five foot step to gain a flanking position on the blue guy (Nively) with Raynard and swings at him again.

Cold Iron Warhammer: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 2 + 2 = 71d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Includes -2 to attacks due to poison and normal flanking bonus

"Grrr!"

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed, Aspect of the Bull (STR+2)

Again? Flank and do nothing? Oooo-kaaaaaay... Stinky scampers into place and hunkers down, growling in frustration at being ordered to do something boring instead of attacking.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Don't worry about your teeth! Ha, ha!" says Raynard and strikes again.

wooden scimitar - flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Krystiana takes a step into the fray and tries to cleave across both Peol and Dell...

Attack Wooden Longsword: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Bad rolls.

But has her blade knocked out of line by a deft parry before she can hit either.

Sovereign Court

Ac 18 T 11 FF 17| HP 24/24| F+4 R+2 W+4| Init +7 Suli

Lina 5' steps and tries to swing again with a little more gusto

Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 4 = 17
NonLethal Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13

Fatigue already calculated for attack and Damage with everything else


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Raynard uses Stinky's new movement to strike a vicious blow to Leord whose eyes roll up and collapses to the floor of the arena, blood slowly trickling from his mouth and ears. He's breathing but unconscious. Looking back over his shoulder, Raynard sees Kala take a tremendous swing at Nively, but the blow goes wide. Like Kala, Avi is unable to land a blow on Nively who is deftly avoiding each stroke and concentrating on clipping someone beyond Kala. He swings at Avi, but the attack misses to his left.

Krystiana's stroke at Peol is turned away with another loud KLACK but Lina has better luck with a fierce blow to Dell. Dell gives a solid "ooofph" as the strike to his mid-section knocks the wind out of him and he gives Lina a hurt look. "Dammit, those ribs break Lina.". He stumbles a moment and then straightens and makes a quick wrist attack at Lina trying to catch her offguard. The blow is close, but Lina manages to step aside at the last minute.

Peol has no luck on his attack against Krystiana. Glancing up from the fight you see Captain Othis throw her papers down in disgust when she spies Leord on the ground.

DM Screen:

Nively Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Dell Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Peol Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Round 2
Ungrounded, Raynard, Lina, Avi, Krystiana, Kala
Block Initiative, Bold is Up

Status
Avi -0
Raynard -0
Krystiana -0
Lina -0
Kala -12 NL (poisoned -2 to attacks)
Stinky -0
Ungrounded Leord (Red) -16 NL unconscious
Ungrounded Nively (Blue) -6 NL
Ungrounded Peol (Green) -0
Dell (Black) -13 NL

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

Raynard turns to Nively and hits as hard as he can.

wooden scimitar - flank: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

crit. Confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

Kala calls out, pointing to the spot by Peol across from Kristiana: "Good boy, Stinky! Over there now! Flank! Down!" She then takes another swing at Nively, grunting with the effort of trying to fight in spite of the poison coursing through her veins.

Handle Animal Companion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Cold Iron Warhammer: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 2 - 2 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Includes regular flanking bonus and poison penalty

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed, Aspect of the Bull (STR+2)

Ooooh! Now I know what you're doing. Got it! On my way! Stinky scuttles over to create a flank for Krystiana and hunkers down without attacking. One could almost swear there is a smirk on his furry face as he lightly noses the back of Peol's knee.

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed, Aspect of the Bull (STR+2)

Ooooh! Now I know what you're doing. Got it! On my way! Stinky scuttles over to give Krystiana a flank on Peol, nosing his knee just a tad before hunkering down with a smirk on his furry little face. Hehe!

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Krystiana again swings her blade at the fighters in front of her and shifts her hips to transfer as much power as possible.

Attack - Power Attack vs Peol: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 - 1 = 21
Damage + PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Attack - Power Attack vs Dell: 1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 = 18
Damage + PA: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Stand still!

wooden mace (nonlethal) vs blue, B nonlethal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d6 ⇒ 5

Avi looks up at the captain. Really!? No magic?

[move action] whine and complain

Sovereign Court

Ac 18 T 11 FF 17| HP 24/24| F+4 R+2 W+4| Init +7 Suli

Lina will 5' step next to stinky, and continues the non lethal attack on black

Non Lethal Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 4 = 20crit?
NL Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 4 = 6 fails more then likely

Non lethal Damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 5) + 7 = 15


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Raynard's quick spin and attack overwhelms Nively and the blow knocks him to the ground, sprawled and unmoving. Stinky again repositions and Krystiana finds her swing and with a lunge across the chest of Peol and into the back of Dell's head. Peol cries out in pain, but Dell just simply collapses to the ground, stunned by the blow. Lina adjusts her attack and her overhand blow breaks Peol's arm and he also collapses to the ground, out of the fight.

With just a pause to catch your breaths, there is then scattered applause and some hoots of appreciation from the Ungrounded in the stands. As you gather your gear and move to the edge of the arena, you notice that Captain Othis is just sitting there, staring out at the unconscious recruits. She does not turn to you and simply waves her hand in dismissal.

Some medic trainees approach you and offer any healing needed. For Kala, they inspect her broken skin on her arm where the blow from Leord had landed. "Hmm, this looks infected with something." mumbles the medic trainee. Pulling a small knife from her kit, she scrapes away some crystalline powder. "Huh, that's Dusk Agate ground up. Lucky you were incapacitated or worse, that's strong stuff in powder form."

Take any actions you want here in the arena area.

Post Combat Status
Avi -0
Raynard -0
Krystiana -0
Lina -0
Kala -12 NL (poisoned -2 to attacks)
Stinky -0
Ungrounded Leord (Red) -16 NL unconscious
Ungrounded Nively (Blue) -19 NL unconscious
Ungrounded Peol (Green) -23 NL unconscious
Dell (Black) -19 NL unconscious

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"I am ready for next task!"

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Sure, is the next task all magic and no kinetic violence?

Avi lets out a sheepish grin as he passes the captain, assuming he already knows what the answer is.

He stops just past her and looks back out over the arena, at the unconscious ungroundeds.

Not that it's my personal forte, but I suppose we could help tend to them? He looks at Kala and Krystiana expectantly.

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)
Medic wrote:
"Huh, that's Dusk Agate ground up. Lucky you were incapacitated or worse, that's strong stuff in powder form."

Kala's eyes narrow as she considers the implications. "So... am I all better now? Or how long will it be 'til I'm better? 'Cause I feel like crap. It was dang hard to fight out there with this."

Avi wrote:
"Not that it's my personal forte, but I suppose we could help tend to them?" He looks at Kala and Krystiana expectantly.

Avi's suggestion grabs Kala's attention. As soon as she is finished with her conversation with the medic, she gives him a firm pat (almost a whack) on the shoulder as she strides by him back to the fallen forms of their foes. "Good idea. I got it." She kneels beside Nively and sees what she can do for him.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

She has a pretty good idea of what he probably needs, and despite her own injuries, begins work on him. They are all in the same army, after all. Once the medics get to him, she steps back to let them do their thing.

Before bed she'll cast Cure Light Wounds on herself up to three times to chip away at her NL damage.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Krystiana chuckles at the mage, "I hope not, Avi. The only spells I can cast are Wear Armor, Hold My Shield, and Swing Sword."

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"Why was that crystalline powder there in the first place?"

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

Krystiana heads over to check on the wounded opponents on the field. "Well, I don't really have much I can do to help. Let's see here." She retrieves a wand from a clip on her belt. "Let's get you all up and walking again."

As she's about to use her wand, "Kala, which one hit you with poison? We'll wake that one up last."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

More Heals if Needed:

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)
Krystiana wrote:
"Kala, which one hit you with poison? We'll wake that one up last."

Kala indicates Nively, the figure she was just tending to. "Oh, that's him. I'm guessing the poison isn't lethal, since the Captain said no lethal damage. Still, it was a pretty low thing to do to a new recruit."

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"We need to speak with that person on whose weapon was that powder to figure out why he is done that!"

"Who was that person? I didn't saw!"

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

Weren't you paying attention? She just asked! Deadpan, Kala points again to Nively's prone form nearby. "That's him."

Then a thought dawns on her. Is he an Apsis agent? Her eyes narrow in suspicion. Before, she had assumed this guy was just one of the army and was using a pre-approved tactic. But now... If he's an Apsis, is the Captain too? Or are they just using her as a smokescreen? All this thinking is making her head spin, especially since she's still feeling the effects of the poison. Why can't things be simple... She kneels to bury her fingers into Stinky's deep, coarse fur for stability and comfort.

Grand Lodge

Male wolverine 3 | HP 34+8/34+8 | AC 20, T 11, FF 17 | CMB +6+2, CMD 19+2 | Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +4 | Init +3 | Perception +6, Sense Motive +1 | Speed 30ft | Climb 10 ft | Burrow 10 ft | Active conditions: Mage Armor (AC+4), Rage, paralyzed, Aspect of the Bull (STR+2)

Kala? There's something wrong with your smell. You don't look so good. Are you sick? What's wrong? Kala? Well, I'll take care of you. Don't worry. I'm here. I love you, Kala... Stinky gazes into Kala's eyes with a worried expression, leaning into her to show his adoration and support.


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Captain Othis just stares off in the distance, totaling ignoring Avi's jibe and leaves the arena quickly. The medic stands and stretches, telling Kala "It'll be gone in about 15 mins, strong stuff but short lived. Lucky we even saw it as it'd have turned to vapor in few mins." He smiles to rest of group but then stumbles as Kala hits him on the shoulder and doesn't look at all pleased to be roughed up. Shrugging, he wanders away rotating his arm slowly.

Nively and the others take to the healing and Dell is the first on his feet. Hearing the conversation, Dell quickly interjects, "Wait a minute, Nively and the others didn't add the dust agate." Pausing for a while, Dell nervously shifts and says "I did it. It was me, I had my reasons and we'll leave it at that." He glares quickly at Nively who is slowly rising and the others are making a quick step for the exits.

Standing another minute, Dell looks on "Well, what of it? It met the rules. Well the rules you understood."

For those skill types, Dell is hostile attitude at the moment

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

What's his problem? Kala notes Dell's hostile attitude and wants to know if it's because he's an Apsis agent trying to sabotage the Pathfinders' goals or for some other reason. "Hey, man, that's pretty low where we come from. Care to explain why you did it?"

I put these rolls in spoilers in case anyone wants to aid Kala.

Diplomacy:
Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Sense Motive:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

"I am sure that you can tell us why you did that! So please speak! "
Diplomacy aid: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11
sense motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

Human Paladin 2 |HP 20/20|AC 22|T 11| FF 21| CMD 15| F:+7 R:+3 W:+6 | Init +1 | Perc +1| Sense Motive +4

"I might have a guess. I'd imagine that it's because an officer is always responsible for the actions of their subordinates. It doesn't matter which subordinate did it or why. The one in charge is still the one it falls on because they failed to properly lead their team." Krystiana looks at Dell. "Either that or he's a fetid clod of night soil." She says this and lets her words swing hard against his ego, "The question is... do you have the stone in you to tell us the truth?"

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Speaking of night soil...

Sovereign Court

Ac 18 T 11 FF 17| HP 24/24| F+4 R+2 W+4| Init +7 Suli

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"No magic, no lethal attacks, and yet still cause damage in another sense that did not pay off for you, tell me why exactly would you have risked the chance at actually making us mad at you when we are working to be on the same side"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Note not aids to previous rolls, but her own

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Shouldn't these all be intimidate rolls, not diplomacy? Shrug

Diplomacy, aid, whatever: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

We could have a chat with the captain, asking her about our doubts of your loyalties...

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Human Magus 2 | HP 14/17 | AC 17, T 14, FF 13 | CMB +1 CMD 15 | F +4 R +4 W +2 | Init +4 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 4/4 | Active Conditions: None

GM is everything OK, you didn't post for 6 days?


Maps for Ungrounded but Unbroken. Maps and Players for Ironfang Invasion.

Dell Darkblade frowns and scowls at you each in turn. He shifts from side to side and folds his arms across his chest, implacable. However when Avi speaks on talking to the Captain, his eyes widen a little. Avi finishes her thoughts and Dell seems moved by the words. He suddenly relaxes and gestures with his hands, "Ok, calm down here. I'm sorry this happened and you need to understand, it wasn't OUR choice." Looking around suddenly towards the observation platform to confirm it was empty, Dell whispers a little quieter. "Look, you Pathfinders are not welcome here, not welcome at all. I know the Captain is tough, but she seems especially motivated to make sure you don't succeed. My concern about talking to the Captain isn't for me, it's for you!"

Gathering up a knife from the ground and resheathing it, he looks furtive. "Look, you've passed the test and will soon be having a mission. Just do well and it'll all work out."

Feel free to converse further, but I'll also bump the plot here as well

With much to consider from Dell, you retire for the evening and have a good dinner in the mess hall. Most of the Ungrounded are impressed with your actions in the fight and the rumors of the dusk agate are certainly making the rounds. There are some sharp looks for Dell and his platoon from many of the veterans.

Morning arrives and breakfast awaits. While in the mess hall, Dell Darkblade interrupts the meal with a short nod and "Come on, Captain has an assignment for you."

Captain Othis looks out at you from behind her desk, a smile on her face like there is some kind of inside joke afoot. "As new recruits, it's likely you have no idea how the Ungrounded pays the bills. Our primary source of income is a perennial contract with the Peerless Empire, and our company often provides hired security for the various business and guilds of the Opaline Vault. The Glitterfang Halls, an upscale establishment owned and operated by the adult
crystal dragon Cestranell, has asked that we provide extra security for tonight’s grand opening."

Captain Othis takes out a small sketch of an individual and shoves it across the table. "This is the notorious cheater known as Inysha, a master of disguise who’s been kicked out of other casinos in the past. Do NOT let this individual enter the casino or play any games. Be there at the casino a few hours before its 7 o’clock opening"

Looking over to Dell and then back to you, "Any questions?"

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

@DM jwert02: Do we the players get access to a copy of the sketch of this individual?

Kala can't stop thinking about Dell's words regarding the Captain. The possibility of the Apsis Consortium having already secured her loyalty is beginning to seem more likely, and the smirk on the Captain's face is giving her a bad feeling. She tries to ascertain whether the Captain is setting them up for certain failure (as opposed to simply "likely" failure).

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

She picks up the sketch and holds it so everyone can examine it closely along with her.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
What does Kala notice about the sketch?

Grand Lodge

Female CG Human Hunter 4 | HP 33/33 | AC 16*, T 11*, FF 15* | CMB +5, CMD 16 | Fort +7* (*see Traits), Ref +6, Will +5 | Init +1 | Perception +11, Sense Motive +7 | Animal Focus avail: 7/7 | Spells 1st: 4/4; 2nd: 2/2 Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Aspect of the Bull (+2 STR)

@DM jwert02: Do we the players get to see the sketch?

Kala can't stop thinking about Dell's words regarding the Captain. It now seems more likely that the Apsis Consortium has secured her loyalty. That smirk on her face doesn't give Kala any warm, fuzzy feelings either. Kala tries to ascertain just how hopeless the Captain thinks this mission is (Is she setting them up for certain failure or merely likely failure?).

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Kala picks up the sketch and holds it so everyone can examine it closely along with her.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
What does Kala notice about the sketch?

The Concordance

Male CN Ganzi Mongrel Mage 4 | HP 26/26 | AC 13 T12 FF11 | CMB+1 CMD 13 | F+4 R+4 W+5 | Init+6 | Darkvision 60 ft; Perc+0, SM+2 | Speed 30ft | Mongrel Reservoir: 7/7 | Active Bloodline: Stormborn (Thunderstaff: 7/7) | Quibble: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 7/7, 2nd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Are there particular disguises this individual favors? Do they tend to employ magic and illusion to enhance the disguises?

Sense motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Avi keeps his questions short and pointed.

-----------------------
Later on, back in the barracks...

I'm not sure if Dell has made us unnecessarily paranoid or if the captain really does have it out for us. This does seem like the kind of task that one could rig against us... Avi muses.

101 to 150 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] S08-05 Ungrounded but Unbroken Gameplay DM Jwert02 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.