[GDVIII, PFS(2)] PFS(2) 1-03: Escaping the Grave

Game Master Blake's Tiger

Maps & Handouts
Dossiers


201 to 250 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

"I have a couple of holy waters already ... Anyone want these?" If the room looks cleared up, he shrugs. "Looks clear to me, then. Anyplace we've missed?"

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Hester grabs one or both of the holy waters, depending on interest. He gives a small smile, ”Thanks.”

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain
GM Blake wrote:


Those of you not fatigued from your harrowing trek across lands patrolled by the Whispering Tyrant move down the hall to search the rooms. As some of you pass the midway point, you can see into the study to the west and what appears to be a personal chamber to the east.

The study is lined with bookshelves and sitting mats. Two smaller rooms branch from the main hallway, serving as private study nooks.

The double door to the suite has been knocked off its hinges and shattered, leaving the exit open to the hallway outside. A broken four-post bed stands against the eastern wall. A circular table and an accompanying chair occupy a nook in the southwest. A large statue depicting a marble chariot wheel sporting flames of gold occupies the northeast corner.

Bella finds a drawer full of assorted dusty jewelry in the room she searches, and Olnik finds two dirty vials that, once cleaned, he can tell are vials of holy water. The other two rooms do not contain anything useful as far as their respective investigators can find.

The sturdy dwarf pulls the drawer out and brings it to the main hall. "Let's stack up anything we find here and then take it when we leave. I think we have another floor to check."

She goes back into the room with the bookshelves and takes a closer look for anything else there or in the study nooks, including valuable books.


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

Once you have finished with the dormitories, Bella moves on to begin searching through the hundreds of musty and dusty books in the study.

After many minutes of careful searching, she finds one tome that must certainly be of interest to somebody. It is a beautifully illustrated text describing the heroics of Iomedae when she was mortal.

Religion (Recall Knowledge, DC 12) OR worship Iomedae:
This is a copy of the Acts of Iomedae and this beautifully illustrated volume would be of great sentimental value to the Church of Iomedae.

The only place that you have yet to look is the suite with the flaming wheel statue in it.

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Is there a third floor or a basement level? I assumed that spiral stairs in the study went back down onto the first level.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Hester peruses the book, something seems familiar to him about it. He flips through the pages, eyes growing wide. ” This is a copy of the Acts of Iomedae and this beautifully illustrated volume would be of great sentimental value to the Church of Iomedae.”

Religion (T): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

No. Just the two floors. The spiral stairs do go back to the ground floor.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Human Ruffian Rogue 1 | HP 19/19, Hero Points 1 | AC 18 |F +6, R +6, W +5 | Perc +5, Stealth +4 | Speed 25ft

Louis concentrates on comforting and making small talk with the half-orc, saying-"Thank the gods we found you. We'll get you back to the Lodge and you'll be up and at them in a heartbeat."

When the group finds the Acts, Louis seems to be glad, congratulating the rest-"Damn, I'm glad I was paired with you guys! Brains, magic, brawn, we've got them all!"-and tries to lead the group into the suite, his eyes open for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Verdant Wheel

M male NG Dwarf (Strong Blooded) Druid 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC17 (19 shield) | F +5 R +4 W +9 | Perc +7 | Expendibles: scroll of heal | Speed 20 | Spells: n/a Focus Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: NA | Brick HP: 16/16 AC: 15

Tarku and Brick follow Louis into the suite, continuing to Search for any trouble.

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain

Bella looks over the flaming wheel statue as well as nothing else appears of interest on this floor.

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Olnik looks out the various second story windows, hoping that the vantage will give him the ability to see any movement nearby, particularly of any nearby threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Louis hears a faint scrabbling in the ceiling above. He slows down to see if he might be able to determine its source and notices that the ceiling above the once lavish suite is sagging and cracked in many places. Every few moments, a tiny tendril of dust spirals down from one of the cracks in the ceiling.

It would take some serious carpentry to reinforce the ceiling without causing it and whatever is moving above to fall.

10 minutes: Craft (must be Trained) check to disable the hazard.

You can make this Recall Knowledge check from a distance (Tarku gets a +2 to the check):

Religion (Recall Knowledge, DC 12):
You recognize this as a meaningful symbol to the faithful of Iomedae.

If you rolled a 22 or higher, open the next spoiler:

Spoiler:
This is the symbol of Jingh, an ionaphite angel and divine emissary of Iomedae

Olnik sees that the titanic undead have made their way closer to Goldenflame. If they maintain their present course, he estimates an hour to an hour and half before they arrive.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

The very tired healer yawns, but takes a look at the stuff from the doorway after being warned of the possible collapse.

Religion (T): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

*Yawn* "Iomedae Symbol." He looks up at the ceiling and jumps back as it cracks and pops again, "Woah! You think maybe someone small might be hiding up there or is it just a critter?"

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Assume again no repair kit or tools needed

Olnik glances around. "Well, we should take this back. The forces holding against the Tyrant need all the morale they can get. I will get started on reinforcing the ceiling so it doesn't fall on us. Can someone else identify this amulet while I do that?"

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Seems that this would not be an option for Hester, since it takes a lot of concentration and ten minutes to do, but I'll throw out a roll anyway just in case. It also appears that one doesn't need 'detect magic' to id stuff, so that is cool.

The human sits on the floor while Olnik works on bracing the ceiling. He looks over the magical item for a while, checking for inscriptions and inspecting it to try to figure out the use.

Secret Religion check to ID item:
Religion (T): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Whether Hester has the mental fortitude to explore the divine underpinnings of the amulet or not, he cannot figure it out.

Olnik attempts to shore up the ceiling with part of furniture salvaged from the dormitories. He manages to complete his work without disrupting the fragile ceiling, but giving it a critical eye, he realizes that it may be just as precarious as the ceiling itself.

Given the statue's size, you can tell it will take multiple people to move it: Bulk 16 divided between up to 6 people (or bears).

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Human Ruffian Rogue 1 | HP 19/19, Hero Points 1 | AC 18 |F +6, R +6, W +5 | Perc +5, Stealth +4 | Speed 25ft

Louis volunteers to move the statue, saying-"Let's see if there's anything below or behind this statue. I've got some elbow grease to put in."-as he tries to move it himself, but clearly needs help.

(I can put 9 Bulk on the table according to Pathbuilder - 14 Max, currently have 5 Bulk)

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain

Hatrabella moves up and grabs a corner, "On three, lift. One, Two, THREE!"

Max also at 14, currently 7 Bulk so 7 bulk to provide.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Hester holds any doors as they leave, since he likely can't provide much in the realm of lifting assistance.

"We better get outta here, those giants are closing in. Any last things to check?"


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

Trap: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 6) + 3 = 13
Bella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Hester: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Louis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Olnik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Tarku: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Red Square: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Red Circle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Red Diamond: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Blue Square: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Blue Circle: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Larraz: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

As Louis and Bella enter the suite, more dust spirals down from the ceiling as the scrabbling noise increases in intensity. They look behind and under the statue and table, but find nothing else of value. The pair heft the statue off of its stand and, with muscles bulging, slowly stagger toward the hall.

Unfortunately, the ceiling collapses upon them and Olnik! Buried within the debris are several giant centipedes, certainly the cause of the noise. Some of them lay motionless and dead from the fall, but several (5) have survived and seem agitated and/or hungry.

"What should I do!" Larraz shouts, bordering on panic.

Encounter! Round 1. Bold may act.

Larraz
Olnik (13 damage; Reflex DC 16 basic save)
Red Square
Red Diamond
Louis (13 damage; Reflex DC 16 basic save)
Blue Square
Hestor
Blue Circle
Tarku
Bella (13 damage; Reflex DC 16 basic save)

After your Reflex save, Louis and Bella, make an Athletics check vs. DC 15 or drop the statue.

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Athletics (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Bella assesses the situation as the statue slips from her grip and yells out to the group, "Prepare to Fight. Tarku, can you calm them?"

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Olnik is backing out of the room. "No, the ceiling's not secured properly yet you daft foo --" He doesn't back out fast enough, as he's caught in the collapsing debris.

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Olnik is hit on the head by a particularly robust support beam.

He quickly gets his wits about him, realizing there are enemies about. He lets out a war cry.

Performance(lingering composition): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Looks like that would be a failure, so I keep my focus point.

The cry is short, but it works to fill his allies - including the poor Larraz - with courage, at least for the moment.

He continues chanting, the air around him shimmering with vibration, as if his chanting is creating a shell around him.

Action 1: lingering composition attempt & failure. Action 2: cast inspire courage. Action 3: cast shield. AC is 16 for the turn, and I will use my Raise the Shield reaction if hit.


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

Heal: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Larraz vs. Red Square: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
B: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Red Square vs. Olnik: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Red Square vs. Olnik: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 5 = 9
Red Square vs. Olnik: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 10 = 12
Red Diamond vs. Bella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Red Diamond vs. Bella: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 5 = 16
Red Diamond vs. Bella: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 6 - 10 = 3
Statue Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Unfortunately, Olnik, that was a Critical Fail on a basic save, which results in double damage. You can still do your actions, but you'll be prone.

The rubble nearly buries Olnik, leaving him lying on the floor dying from the injuries. Larraz then realizes what he needs to do and directs primal energies into the Pathfinder to restore his body. The dwarf comes to a moment later, finding himself on the floor. Presumably, he begins to inspire you all with a dwarven war chant while simultaneously warding himself.

Bella dodges most of the rubble falling, but the action causes her to drop her side of the statue. The sudden increase in weight forces Louis to drop his hold on the statue as well and it crashes to the floor loudly.

Larraz loads his sling and flings the stone at the nearest centipede, but his nervousness sends it well off course.

Two of the centipedes quickly assault their prey. The one adjacent to Olnik finds he is not so easy to eat as he appears. The one on Bella's flank raps repeatedly on her armored boot.

The last of those against Bella was a critical failure, if she has an ability that procs off of critical fail attacks.

Encounter! Round 1. Bold may act.

Larraz
Olnik (16/20; Prone; Wounded 1)
Red Square
Red Diamond
Louis (13 damage; Reflex DC 16 basic save)
Blue Square
Hestor
Blue Circle
Tarku
Bella (17/23)

Statue: 21/40 HP

NOTE: You can go ahead and post your actions for this round. I'll adjust if you kill one that someone else targeted.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Hester gasps as the rubble appears to completely impale Olnik, but finds himself just a hair behind helping as their new ally manages to get him back to consciousness. He reaches deep into himself and accesses his reservoir of celestial energy, simply saying "Empower!"

A glowing light seems to emanate from around his head, casting warmth into a small area before him. He then reaches out into the room, but instead of healing his hand glows with dark energy and touches the nearest centipede, "BEGONE!"

Focus Point to Cast (Verbal) Angelic Halo 0 pts remain, Cast (Verbal, Somatic) Chill Touch vs. Red Square for 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 negative damage, Basic Fort DC 17 + extra effect if crit fails.

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain

With the falling ceiling, Bella simply sidesteps the worst of it and pulls her weapon out. She turns to the one gnawing at her ankle and attempts to grind it under the heel of her maul.

Interact to draw Maul, Strike, Strike. First target Red Diamond, Second Blue Circle.

Maul: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17 for B: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Maul - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 9 - 5 = 24 for B: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Straight double damage on crits, right?

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

I only have 20 HP, so 26 damage knocks me out. I am at dying 1, unless it was nonlethal damage, I think.


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

RS Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Olnik: Correct (minimum 0 hp). However, Larraz then healed you for 16 HP, both stabilizing you and bringing you to consciousness.

I'll resolve the ones attacks against the ones that have already acted and then knit in the other.

Bella: Correct. Damage rolled x 2 on a critical hit.

Hector invokes a necromantic power, and the centipede threatening the dwarven bard shrivels to dust. Bella draws her maul and smashes the one that attacked her, there is little left of its head but a stain on the floor.

Encounter! Round 1. Bold may act.

Buffs: inspire courage, angelic halo

Larraz
Olnik (16/20; Prone; Wounded 1; shield)
Louis (13 damage; Reflex DC 16 basic save)
Blue Square
Hestor
Blue Circle (done for)
Tarku
Bella (17/23)

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Human Ruffian Rogue 1 | HP 19/19, Hero Points 1 | AC 18 |F +6, R +6, W +5 | Perc +5, Stealth +4 | Speed 25ft

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Louis takes the hit but still standing, pulls out his mace, swinging it with force and looking to squash the centipede near the statue. He yells out-"Damn critters! Seems we're having bad luck today!"
(Interact to pull weapon out, two attacks)

Mace: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Mace dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Mace-MAP: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 7 - 5 = 18
Mace dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

Blue Circle vs. Bella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Blue Circle vs. Bella: 1d20 + 6 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 5 = 21
Blue Circle vs. Bella: 1d20 + 6 - 10 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 10 = 11
Bite Critical: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Louis, his hands now free whether he wanted them that way or not, draws his mace and brings it down sequentially upon the heads of the hungry centipedes, leaving nothing but goo and paste.

The last of the centipedes clangs against Bella's armor, but one of the strikes manages to find a weak point. The warrior feels the mandibles prick her flesh--not terribly painfully--but then feels a burning sensation begin to spread into her calf.

In retaliation, Bella smashes the myriapod so hard that the creatures body peristalses with a wave from head to tail, exploding in the end a gory mess.

The statue remains intact, if slightly more damaged than before.

Combat Over. Victory! Status.

Buffs: angelic halo

Tarku
Larraz
Hestor
Olnik (16/20; Prone; Wounded 1; shield)
Louis (6/19)
Bella (15/23) (Fortitude save vs. poison)

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Olnik stands up. "As I was saying ... the ceiling isn't stable." He pats Larraz on the shoulder. "Way to keep your wits about you ..."

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Bella slams back a vial with a small symbol of a crossed out dripping fang, wrinkling her nose briefly at the taste. She then pokes the critters a couple times to confirm they are indeed down and turns to check over the thing they were carrying to see if it is salvageable.

Drinking a vial of lesser antidote, +2 to saves vs. poison for 6 hours.


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Bella staves off the poison like any good dwarf.

The statue is riddled with fracture lines--one more drop would surely break it--but it is intact.

Let me know when you're ready to descend the stairs.

Time since the last battle: 125 minutes

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Olnik helps move the statue down the stairs.

Verdant Wheel

M male NG Dwarf (Strong Blooded) Druid 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC17 (19 shield) | F +5 R +4 W +9 | Perc +7 | Expendibles: scroll of heal | Speed 20 | Spells: n/a Focus Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: NA | Brick HP: 16/16 AC: 15

Tarku assists Olnik as well, sending Brick down ahead of the group to ensure the way remains clear.


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Well, this is going to start a cliffhanger...

GM Screen:

Bella: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Hester: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Louis: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Olnik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Tarku: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Necromancer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Skeletal Champion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Zombies: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Brick grunts as he reaches near the end of the stairs. A young wizard with half of his head shaved glowers at you as you descend. "Ah ha! I see that I made it just in time to stop you insolent whelps and add you to my undead army!" he jeers (the irony lost on him in regards to age). Three large, bloated zombies block your escape through the back of the house while the wizard and a skeletal warrior stand in the center of the hall.

Letting go of the statue in a controlled manner is a single Interact action. Dropping it is a free action. Regardless of how you let it go, depending on how much bulk each has to spare, cause it to drop from the other's hands unless you coordinate.

Encounter! Round 1. Bold may act.

Olnik (16/20; Wounded 1)
Skeletal Champion
Tarku
Bella (15/23)
Louis
Zombies
Necromancer
Hestor

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Olnik holds on to the statue, nodding to the others. "Tell me when ..." He begins chanting.

Action 1: Cast inspire courage. Action 2: Cast shield. Action 3: Delay Interact action to coordinate sitting down the statue.


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

I keep forgetting Larraz.

GM Screen:

Larraz: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Positive: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Yellow Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Skeletal Longsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
P: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Aaiee! I won't run this time!" Larraz screams as the undead come into view. He hurriedly invokes a primal spell to disrupt the necromantic bindings of the closest zombie and then raises his shield.

The necromancer shouts, "Kill them!" In response, the skeletal knight crosses the floor, longsword dragging on the flooded tiles until it reaches Brick. It raises the point of its sword and jabs it into the bear painfully and then raises its own steel shield.

Encounter! Round 1. Bold may act.

Buffs: inspire courage

Olnik (16/20; Wounded 1; shield)
Larraz (shield raised)
Skeletal Champion
Tarku
> Brick (10/16)
Bella (15/23)
Louis (6/19)
Red Zombie
Blue Zombie
Yellow Zombie (-4 hp)
Necromancer
Hestor

Vigilant Seal

TN Female Dwarven (Guard) Fighter 1 | HP 15/23 | AC 17, Sleeping AC 14 | F/R/W +8/+5/+4 (Rock Dwarf) | Perc +6 (Darkvision) | Stealth +3 | Speed 20 (Rock Runner) | Hero Points 0/1 | Placeholder | Active Conditions: Enfeebled 2, 6 rds remain

Bella pulls her sledge and moves down the stairs, "To arms!" She swings her weapon at the skeleton, hoping to smite it to oblivion and give her allies a bit more space to move. Tactical mistake, we should never have gotten ourselves pinned into a small area. We need a scout.

Interact to draw weapon, Stride downstairs, Strike Skeleton Champion.

Maul + IC: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15 for Bludgeoning + IC: 1d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

GM Screen:

Longsword AOO: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
S: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Bella drops her grip on the statue, the sudden increase in load strains the others to their limits. Fortunately, Olnik prepared for this and still had a grip on his side of the statue, preventing the artifact from crashing onto the stairs. Heedless of the other's situation with the statue and desiring to protect her allies, the warrior draws her hammer and rushes down the stairs.

The skeletal knight takes advantage of Bella's drop in guard as she moves past Larraz and chops her hard in the shoulder, dangerously close to her neck. She wonders if her clavicle cracked.

Her retaliator hammer strike is deflected by the skeleton's quick battle reflexes and heavy shield.

Encounter! Round 1. Bold may act.

Buffs: inspire courage

Olnik (16/20; Wounded 1; shield)
Larraz (shield raised)
Skeletal Champion
Tarku
> Brick (10/16)
Bella (8/23)
Louis (6/19)
Red Zombie
Blue Zombie
Yellow Zombie (-4 hp)
Necromancer
Hestor

Verdant Wheel

M male NG Dwarf (Strong Blooded) Druid 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC17 (19 shield) | F +5 R +4 W +9 | Perc +7 | Expendibles: scroll of heal | Speed 20 | Spells: n/a Focus Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: NA | Brick HP: 16/16 AC: 15

Seeing Bella take a vicious blow, Tarku reaches out with a healing spell to repair the damage, and barks at Brick to engage the enemy.

2 action heal on Bella 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Action - command Brick

Brick - 2 x Strike on Skeletal Champion
Jaws: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 forP: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Claws (agile): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8 forS: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Olnik grunts as he realizes he's going to have to keep holding on to this thing.

If the delay trigger doesn't happen, I just lose the third action, right?


AtAT | PFS2 1-03 | url= | SFS 1-25 | url=

Correct. Or you can free action drop it with the expected consequences.

Envoy's Alliance

Male NG Human Ruffian Rogue 1 | HP 19/19, Hero Points 1 | AC 18 |F +6, R +6, W +5 | Perc +5, Stealth +4 | Speed 25ft

Not sure how much Bulk Olnik can carry, but I can contribute 9, and Hester can contribute 6 from his sheet.

Knowing the statue is much too precious to simply drop, Louis waits for his allies to meet the offense and buy him some time before he joins the fight. He pulls out his mace, takes a defensive stance and prepares to lower the statue down-"Tarku! Bella! Sorry we can't join! Let's lower this down carefully first..."

(Interact to pull mace out, Take Cover just in case, and ready to lower down. I believe Hester would just need to spend an action to lower it down, trigger all of our readies, and can then proceed with his turn.)

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Hester yells out, "Hold on, I'll help. Gimme a second to catch my balance here!"

I'm not finding whether or not V2 allows you to speak outside your turn, if not then just ignore what was said.

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

I can carry 6 before being overburdened. I believe it is me, Tarku, and Louis still holding it, and between the 3 of us I'm sure we can get the 16 bulk. I never saw Hester post that he was carrying it, only that he was helping with doors and such since he was fatigued, so I assumed Louis' turn was what would trigger sitting it down.

Verdant Wheel

M male NG Dwarf (Strong Blooded) Druid 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC17 (19 shield) | F +5 R +4 W +9 | Perc +7 | Expendibles: scroll of heal | Speed 20 | Spells: n/a Focus Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: NA | Brick HP: 16/16 AC: 15

Probably would've had to drop it, or at least adjust to a one-hand grip, to cast the heal with a somatic component. Would that....halve the bulk I can contribute?

Seeing Bella take that hit, I would've dropped the statue to cast the heal if necessary.

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Okay, so how about this: Tarku is one-hand gripping it, holding just 1 or 2 bulk, while Louis and I are holding the majority. On Louis' action we sit it down, even though Tarku didn't ready an action to sit it down. He's holding very little of the weight it might work. If it breaks it breaks, but we need to deal with the bad guys.

Radiant Oath

NG Male Human (Field Medic) Sorcerer 1 | HP 1/18 | AC 14 13 | F/R/W +6/+4/+5 +5/+3/+4 (Toughness & Fast Recovery) | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Speed 25 | (Spells) Focus: 0/1, Level 1: 0/3 | Hero Points 1/1 | Active Conditions: Fatigued

Hester, when he finally gets to act, will grab an edge to help set it down if you wish to wait for that. That's what I was trying to get across with what he said. I think we are pretty much waiting on the GM to return from vacation though.

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

I can hold 7 more bulk, so Louis and I can hold it just ourselves, it just puts me at maximum. So we could sit it down even if Tarku isn't holding on at all.

Envoy's Alliance

male NG dwarf bard (maestro) 1 | HP 20/20, Hero Points: 1 | AC 15 | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +6 | Perc: +6, darkvision | Expendables: Soothe scroll: 1, Holy Water: 2, Lesser Antidote: 1| Magic Uses: 1st Lvl: 1/2, Focus Point: 2/2, | Active Conditions: None

Hester: Right, but literally all that will do is mean we have to keep holding it while we are attacked by 3 zombies and a necromancer. Unless I'm missing something, there is no benefit from bringing Hester into the process if we can sit it down on Louis' turn.

201 to 250 of 281 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GDVIII, PFS(2)] PFS(2) 1-03: Escaping the Grave All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.