[Gameday VIII - PFS CORE] GM Mjolbeard's 8-01 Portent's Peril (Inactive)

Game Master Mjolbeard89


351 to 400 of 411 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer/4 (CORE) [HP: 26/26 ] [init: +4; perc: +0] [AC: 13(17+)/13/11(15+)] [saves: 4/4/5] [ CMB: 2; CMD 15(13)] [ele. rays used: 1/7] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor]

"Move aside everyone, move aside. Zeeva is wait for us to talk to her. Move aside."

Diplomacy vs. DC=15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Liberty's Edge

PFS #76925-37 Male Half Orc Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27| AC: 15/9/15|Init: -1| Perc: +3| Fort: +4| Ref: +1| Will: +6| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| Greataxe: +5;1d12+4| Morningstar: +5;1d8+3| Sling: +1;1d4+3| Channel 2d6 5/day| DS +1 Dmg 6/day| BR +1 Dmg 6/day|
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:-1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-2| Diplo:+6| Intimidate: +4| Kn.(Reli): +3| Sense Motive: +3| Stealth: -5| Survival: +3| Swim: -2|

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Graff attempts to push his way through glaring at the people around him as if attempting to scare his way through the heavy press of people.

He may not have being successful but he still tries to push his way through.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

Do we all have to do the diplomacy/intimidate to get the benefit or is one person good enough to clear the way for all of us?

Silver Crusade

Female LG Dwarf CORE Monk 3 HP 28/28 | AC 19*, T 18*, FF 16* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +5*, Ref +6*, Will +6*^ | Init +3 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +9 | Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

@GM Mjolbeard: To clarify: are the potentially poisoned berries just north of Zeeva (green produce)? Since Yangrit is heading there to inform the seller so hopefully no one gets poisoned, I may need to know which one it is.

Yangrit growls and scowls deeper and deeper, until the look on her face could turn you to stone, as she pushes her way through the crowd. "Grrr! I must warn the vendor! Let me pass! Rrrrggh!"

Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Despite her antisocial behavior and a few odd looks from those in her vicinity, no one seems to care much that this dwarf has places to go and people to see.

Double move through difficult terrain: 4 squares

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

"Please, good people, there are dangerous things happening here! Please, move away from the market, not for us but for your own safety", Miriel pleads the crowd to move.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Dark omen has come to this place people, we are the agents of change and you need to let us pass to change destiny!

Says Darksid'Ious with a dark gloom in his voice.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 14 + 2 = 28


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Good question Lybram! I'm going to say that, unless everyone moves in a line toward Zeeva, the crowd doesn't really know who to move aside for as part of your group. So, to avoid the difficult terrain from the crowd, each PC either needs to make their own check to convince the crowd to move, or will need to follow after someone who has succeeded at their check.

Hannar, Miriel, and Darksid'lous all appeal to the crowd for space to move toward Zeeva and Lady Qualstair. The crowds seem ready to move aside for them accordingly.

At this point, Hannar, Miriel, and Darksid'lous have taken a full-round action to use Diplomacy, so their turns for Round 2 are over.

Meanwhile, Graff and Yangrit try to cow the crowd into moving, but their shouts are met with disapproving looks as people try to go about their shopping. The half-orc and dwarf shove their way through the crowd as fast as possible, though they find it difficult.

Graff and Yangrit used Intimidate as a free action, then chose to move through the crowd.

Lybram still has his full complement of actions remaining.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

"Please move aside folks, there is a crime in action, and we need to get to the tpther end of the market to stop it. Thanks for your attention and help.
diplomacy to move crowd: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

Lybram Spends a round doing that or can he see it not working and double move ahead or at least single move?

Lybram seems to get frustrated as people start to ignore him. This frustration serves to only make this situation less appealing to those who do listen. Finally he accepts his defeat and moves on.

10" for a single move 20' if it is still possible to double move. Will wait to hear your verdict before I move him.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

I'm going to rule that you spent your action trying to do diplomacy, but failed. Again, you can follow behind those who succeeded this round to move at full speed, or possibly attempt again next round.

Lybram also tries to appeal to the crowd, but they seem too distracted to hear out the cleric.

As some of you begin pushing your way through the crowd toward Zeeva and her noble guest, Yangrit sees the suspect, presumably Goldtooth in disguise as a Qadiran woman, moving through the crowds and looking back over her shoulder with a malevolent grin as she watches Lady Qualstair, the noblewoman accompanied by Zeeva, pop one of the berries Goldtooth had poisoned into her mouth.

The crowds part ahead of Darksid'lous and Miriel, clearing a path for them to reach Zeeva and Lady Qualstair.

INITIATIVE
Round 4
All players may post!

Silver Crusade

Female LG Dwarf CORE Monk 3 HP 28/28 | AC 19*, T 18*, FF 16* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +5*, Ref +6*, Will +6*^ | Init +3 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +9 | Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"NO! ZEEVA! The berries were poisoned! Stop her! Make her spit it out!" Throwing caution to the wind, Yangrit risks inciting a riot, shouting at the top of her lungs at Zeeva. She hopes against hope that Zeeva will hear her and convince her guest to spit out the berry.

A most dysfunctional diplomatic attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Double move through difficult crowds = 20ft.

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer/4 (CORE) [HP: 26/26 ] [init: +4; perc: +0] [AC: 13(17+)/13/11(15+)] [saves: 4/4/5] [ CMB: 2; CMD 15(13)] [ele. rays used: 1/7] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor]

Hannar the Wild, true to his name, runs forth shouting "Stop that Qadiran woman with the blackened hands. She's the guilty party in all this mess!!!"

Double Move through the crowd (w/Successful Diplomacy check=60'

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

"Poisoned? That's terrible! Miriel shouts, and starts moving through the crowd toward Zeeva. When Hannar calls out who the poisoner is, Miriel focuses on the woman. "You user of nature's ugliest ways, we caught you black-handed! Surrender!" she shouts at the woman, and pulls out her bow.

"Shelyn ar melmê", she says a quick prayer to her goddess as she locks her gaze on the enemy.

Double move, pull out bow during move. Smite evil at the Qadira woman.

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Darksid’Ious runs toward Zeeva and the Lady next to her while shooting.

Don’t eat Milady, it is poisoned.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

Seeing Darksid'lous having more success getting the crowd's cooperation, Lybram just follows on his heals.

Double move behind Darksid'lous, 30' only as that is all I think possible as she is doing the talking.

"Wow, that was amazing. They really moved for you."

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Talent!

Says in a smile the pale half-elf

Liberty's Edge

PFS #76925-37 Male Half Orc Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27| AC: 15/9/15|Init: -1| Perc: +3| Fort: +4| Ref: +1| Will: +6| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| Greataxe: +5;1d12+4| Morningstar: +5;1d8+3| Sling: +1;1d4+3| Channel 2d6 5/day| DS +1 Dmg 6/day| BR +1 Dmg 6/day|
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:-1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-2| Diplo:+6| Intimidate: +4| Kn.(Reli): +3| Sense Motive: +3| Stealth: -5| Survival: +3| Swim: -2|

"TALENT INDEED!" booms Graff as he makes his way towards the poisoner in question.

"Now to destroy that one." he indicates as he makes a rush towards her.

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 <--Lol next better roll.
Double move.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Yangrit's cry rings out over the general murmur of the crowd, and people begin to look around, alarmed by the mention of poisoned fruit. Then Miriel draws a bow and begins chanting in a language unfamiliar to many in the crowd. In moments, the mass of shoppers has turned wild, and begins pushing toward the exits.

Zeeva turns, panic-stricken, to see Lady Qualstair beginning to choke and convulse. The noblewoman collapses to the ground and continues writhing, apparently already under the effects of the deadly poison!

Meanwhile, Goldtooth holds up a pair of harrow cards and selects one from the pair:

Avalanche(1) or Uprising(2): 1d2 ⇒ 1

She smiles, and begins pushing through the crowd toward some ladders leaning up against the wall that seem to ascend up toward a set of skylights above the market. She grabs hold of the ladder and begins hastily making her way up toward the skylight.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

She climbs up about 15 feet from the ground, then pulls a card from her pocket and throws her head back in laughter.

Initiative:
Goldtooth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Thug 1 (red): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Thug 2 (pink): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Graff: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Yangrit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Lybram: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Miriel: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Hannar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Dark: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Lady Qualstair choking on Initiative 10 (dies after 5 minutes)
Crowd moves on Initiative 0

INITIATIVE
Round 5
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth
Darksid'lous
Hannar
Lybram
Miriel

Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff
Yangrit
Thug 2 (pink)

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Darksid'Ious runs toward Goldtooth!

Run

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer/4 (CORE) [HP: 26/26 ] [init: +4; perc: +0] [AC: 13(17+)/13/11(15+)] [saves: 4/4/5] [ CMB: 2; CMD 15(13)] [ele. rays used: 1/7] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor]

Hannar the Wild cackles in glee as a wave of energy swells inside. He moves forward, and casts a spell at Goldtooth.

30' move to current position. If still difficult terrain, move him back 15' between Graff and the carts. Casting Glitterdust on Goldtooth. Will Save DC=16.

Glitterdust:
Glitterdust School: conjuration (creation) Casting Time: 1 standard action Components: V, S, M (ground mica)
Range: medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level) Area: creatures and objects within 10-ft.-radius spread Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (blinding only); Spell Resistance: no
Description: A cloud of golden particles covers everyone and everything in the area, causing creatures to become blinded and visibly outlining invisible things for the duration of the spell. All within the area are covered by the dust, which cannot be removed and continues to sparkle until it fades. Each round at the end of their turn blinded creatures may attempt new saving throws to end the blindness effect. Any creature covered by the dust takes a –40 penalty on Stealth checks.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

Lybram moves forward pulling out his bow. He shots at the retreating villian.
"I don't have anything to help with that poison. I think it is too late for antitoxin." Yelling to the bystanders, "Perhaps making her ladyship vomit would help."
bow shot at Goldy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Silver Crusade

Female LG Dwarf CORE Monk 3 HP 28/28 | AC 19*, T 18*, FF 16* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +5*, Ref +6*, Will +6*^ | Init +3 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +9 | Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Well, Yangrit happens to have one and will try it anyway as soon as she gets there.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

As soon as Darksid'lous reaches the bottom of the ladder (before Hannar casts Glitterdust in initiative order), Goldtooth tosses the card she had drown down at the Kuthite (readied attack). The card flies with alarming speed and force!

Harrow Card: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Darksid'lous needs to make a Fortitude save (DC17) or become poisoned with Shadow Essence and taking 1 Strength damage

Hannar also advances forward and hurls a burst of magical dust at Goldtooth.

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She howls in frustration as the dust fills her vision, blinding her against her pursuers.

Lybram tries to take advantage of Goldtooth's impairment, but his shot slams into the wall off to the woman's side.

INITIATIVE
Round 5
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth (blind, sparkly)
Darksid'lous (-3, Fort save DC17 or take 1 Str damage)
Hannar
Lybram
Miriel
Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff
Yangrit
Thug 2 (pink)

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Darksid'Ious resists the poison, used to the Pain and the strange substances he was used to eat when in Pangolai.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

Miriel pushes forward through the crowd. "Poisoner, I have a single-note string melody just for you!" she shouts at Goldtooth, and lets go an arrow with a sounding 'twang'.

Composite Longbow at Goldtooth: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 5 = 13

Remove +2 & +5 if she isn't evil. As she's climbing I think she doesn't get protection from cover or from being in melee. Also, should be in first range increment, just barely.

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer/4 (CORE) [HP: 26/26 ] [init: +4; perc: +0] [AC: 13(17+)/13/11(15+)] [saves: 4/4/5] [ CMB: 2; CMD 15(13)] [ele. rays used: 1/7] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor]

Plus she is currently Blind.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Miriel's arrow strikes true, badly wounding Goldtooth even as she clings to the ladder.

Zeeva kneels over Lady Qualstair trying to administer aid of some sort, but unsure of how best to help. She turns and sees Darksid'lous at the base of the ladder beneath the suspect and reaches out toward her, granting her a boon from her otherworldly patron.

Fortune hex on Darkksid'lous for 1 round!

Meanwhile two burly looking men emerge from behind the walls separating the northern and southern ends of the market. One of the men steps out behind Graff and stabs at the half-orc's back.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

INITIATIVE
Round 5
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth (-13, blind, sparkly)
Darksid'lous (-3)
Hannar
Lybram
Miriel
Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff (-4)
Yangrit

Thug 2 (pink)

Liberty's Edge

PFS #76925-37 Male Half Orc Cleric 4 | HP: 27/27| AC: 15/9/15|Init: -1| Perc: +3| Fort: +4| Ref: +1| Will: +6| CMB: +4| CMD: 14| Greataxe: +5;1d12+4| Morningstar: +5;1d8+3| Sling: +1;1d4+3| Channel 2d6 5/day| DS +1 Dmg 6/day| BR +1 Dmg 6/day|
Skills:
Acrobatics: -6| Appraise:-1| Bluff:+2| Climb:-2| Diplo:+6| Intimidate: +4| Kn.(Reli): +3| Sense Motive: +3| Stealth: -5| Survival: +3| Swim: -2|

Strike Back!! 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

With Growl, the angry half orc half turns and slams his heavy weapon agaisnt his assailant but the crowd and pain in his back prevents him from mustering his full strength.

Silver Crusade

Female LG Dwarf CORE Monk 3 HP 28/28 | AC 19*, T 18*, FF 16* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +5*, Ref +6*, Will +6*^ | Init +3 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +9 | Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

@GM Mjolbeard: Please let us know when enough people have fled that the market is not all difficult terrain.

Yangrit hustles with all her might to get to Lady Zeeva and her companion, muttering curses all the way.

If she has a move action left:
She hastily slings her pack off her shoulder and digs out a vial of antitoxin, shoving at Lady Zeeva to give to her friend, curtly commanding: "Here! Give her this! It might help!"


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Will do, Yangrit! For the time being, there is still a bit of a crowd in there. I'd say one more round should be enough time for at least the northern portion of the market where the fight is going down to clear out.

Graff swings back at the ruffian, but his strike goes wide. When will his blade get to taste blood?!

Another figure pushes through the crowd, this one moving toward Lybram. He pulls a blade as he advances and thrusts at the cleric's belly.

Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Meanwhile, atop the ladder, Goldtooth swipes at her eyes, trying to clear away some of the magically generated glitter obscuring her vision.

Will save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

She screams in frustration, though, and instead throws one of her cards up toward the skylight overhead, shattering the glass, which goes cascading down upon Darksid'lous!

Damage (S) - Reflex DC15 half: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Darksid'lous, please make a Reflex save against the damage above. Half damage on a successful save.

INITIATIVE
Round 6
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth (-13, blind, sparkly)
Darksid'lous (-3)
Hannar
Lybram
Miriel

Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff (-4)
Yangrit
Thug 2 (pink)

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

"Trying to make a mosaic, are you? Have another note of the elven love song!" Miriel continues taunting and sends another arrow at Goldtooth, while pushing slowly through the crowd.

Composite Longbow at Goldtooth: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 5 = 16

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Reflex DC15: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 = 28

Darksid'Ious avoids most of the damages, and draws his whip to stop Goldtooth from escaping her just punishment.

He uses his weapon and its superior reach to make the woman falls from her climb.

Trip (with whip): 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 26

Someone tries to help the dying woman!


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Miriel sinks a devastating shot into Goldtooth just before Darksid'lous's whip wraps around her ankle and pulls the woman down off the ladder! She loses her grip on the rung she had been clinging to and tumbles down toward the ground.

Fall damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

As soon as she hits the ground, Goldtooth throws up her hands and shouts, "Mercy, friends! I see now is the time to lay my cards on the table. Only spare my life!"

Despite Goldtooth's pleas for mercy, the other two men do not seem ready to give up the fight.

Sense Motive DC18:
These men almost appear desperate not to fail in their work here. There seems to be someone else they fear more than you!

INITIATIVE
Round 6
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth (-31, blind, sparkly, prone, SURRENDERED)
Darksid'lous (-3)
Hannar
Lybram

Miriel
Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff (-4)
Yangrit
Thug 2 (pink)

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 = 24

What or Who these men fear to be that desperate?

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer/4 (CORE) [HP: 26/26 ] [init: +4; perc: +0] [AC: 13(17+)/13/11(15+)] [saves: 4/4/5] [ CMB: 2; CMD 15(13)] [ele. rays used: 1/7] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor]

Hannar looks around the scene in dismay...No burning civilians, no burning civilians. Bad Hannar, bad Hannar.......he then casts a spell and points at one of the Thugs as globes of pure Force spring forth from his finger and hits (hopefully) hard.

Magic Missile vs. Thug 2(pink): 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Not sure if I missed it, did someone give a potion or something to help against the poison? If so, what happened?


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Yangrit has an anti-toxin in her pack. She had to use all her movement last turn to get near enough to Zeeva and Lady Qualstair. This coming turn she could draw and administer the anti-toxin.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

Lybram drops his bow and pulls out his axe.
"Sneak thief and murderer. Eat Axe!"

axe swing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
axe dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

The thug wearing the pink sash laughs and spits at Lybram's feet as his axe falls far wide of his target. He stops laughing, though, when a pair of magic missiles slam into his back.

Meanwhile, the thug wearing red nimbly dodges back and forth as he makes a series of attempted thrusts at Graff. Finally, he seems to direct an attack at Graff's left shoulder, but switches at the last moment to instead attack the half-orc's right hip.

Improved Feint: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

He fools Graff, but the strike slides off of the half-orcs sturdy armor.

Meanwhile, Zeeva begs Yangrit to help Lady Qualstair, then turns her attention to helping the party defeat the remaining threats. Hearing the sound of a blade against Graff's armor, she grants him fortune in the ongoing fight.

Fortune Hex on Graff - For this round, you get to roll any ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check twice and take the better result!

INITIATIVE
Round 6
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth (-31, blind, sparkly, prone, SURRENDERED)
Darksid'lous (-3)
Hannar
Lybram
Miriel
Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff (-4)
Yangrit

Thug 2 (pink) (-8)

Silver Crusade

Female LG Dwarf CORE Monk 3 HP 28/28 | AC 19*, T 18*, FF 16* | CMB +3, CMD 14 | Fort +5*, Ref +6*, Will +6*^ | Init +3 | Perception +8*, Sense Motive +9 | Darkvision 60’ | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Yangrit hastily slings her pack off her shoulder, digging around in it to produce a vial of antitoxin. Holding up the woman's head, she pours it down her throat, hoping against hope that it isn't too late. Her anxiety--surprise!--is expressed in gruffness as she growls: "Come on you! Live, dangit! Rrrrrrr!" She impatiently awaits a sign that the antitoxin is working, readying herself to perform more first aid if necessary.

If the antitoxin doesn't work, she'll spend the next turn on a Heal skill check.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Yangrit pours the vial of antitoxin down Lady Qualstair's throat, and the woman manages to choke it down, despite her rapidly swelling throat. There is no immediate effect, though you know that the noblewoman has a few minutes yet to live, and you think that the antitoxin will help her bodily system fight off the effects of the poison before it kills her.

Effectively, this does not neutralize the poison, but it would give Lady Qualstair a bonus on her Fortitude saves against the poison. According to the text of the adventure, Lady Qualstair automatically fails her saves against the effects of the poison, but you do get a chance to help her survive by making Heal checks once every minute (or 10 rounds) after the poison has entered her system. I will grant a +2 circumstance bonus on these Heal checks, since the antitoxin is helping, but not in the usual way it functions.

Graff is still up!


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Botting Graff

Graff smiles as the mercenary's blade slides harmlessly off of his armor. "The Lord of Iron greets you, friend," he laughs as he hefts his axe overhead and brings it crashing down toward the man.

Greataxe: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Damage, destructive smite: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13

Goldtooth continues to lie still, not wanting any further harm to come to herself. "Please don't take those buffoons' violence as a threat from me, sir," she pleads to Darksid'lous. "They fear reprisal from the leader of their little guild should Lady Qualstair survive."

INITIATIVE
Round 6
Players in bold may post!
Goldtooth (-31, blind, sparkly, prone, SURRENDERED)
Darksid'lous (-3)
Hannar
Lybram
Miriel

Thug 1 (red)
Zeeva + Lady Qualstair
Graff (-4)
Yangrit
Thug 2 (pink) (-8)

Dark Archive

AC20(T15,FF15) CMD19| HP 36/36| F +4 R +8 W +5* | Init +5, Perc +9, Sense Motive +14 |

Darksid'Ious starts declaming to help his comrades in the fight.

In the greenest of our valleys
By good angels tenanted,
Once a fair and stately palace-
Radiant palace- reared its head.
In the monarch Thought's dominion-
It stood there!
Never seraph spread a pinion
Over fabric half so fair!
Banners yellow, glorious, golden,
On its roof did float and flow,
(This- all this- was in the olden
Time long ago,)
And every gentle air that dallied,
In that sweet day,
Along the ramparts plumed and pallid,
A winged odor went away.
*
* from E.A. Poe, The Haunted Palace

Inspire Courage: +2 competence bonus to attack and damages, +2 moral bonus to will save against charm and fear

Looking at Goldtooth he says Stay there and you may live

Grand Lodge

male human (ulfen) sorcerer/4 (CORE) [HP: 26/26 ] [init: +4; perc: +0] [AC: 13(17+)/13/11(15+)] [saves: 4/4/5] [ CMB: 2; CMD 15(13)] [ele. rays used: 1/7] [Active Conditions: Mage Armor]

Hannar moves, concentrates, and points to the Thug near him..."Time to Burn!"

ranged Touch vs. Red Thug: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 17
possible Fire damage vs. Red Thug: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 11

Applying Point-Blank and Precise Shot feats to Elemental Ray. I included +2H/+2D for Inspire Courage. If the +2D does not apply and/or there is cover from any civilians, please adjust accordingly.

Elemental Ray:
Elemental Ray(Sp): Starting at 1st level, you can unleash an elemental ray as a standard action, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This ray deals 1d6 points of damage of your energy type + 1 for every two sorcerer levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

Is there still difficult terrain from the crowd?


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Crowds have now cleared out of the market, so Hannar's target had no cover and there is no longer any difficult terrain.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

Miriel runs to Lybram's side, pulling out her blade with one hand. "The prima donna finished and took a bow, follow the example!" she tries to command the fanatic enemy. Not waiting for a response, she drops the bow, and swings with all her might accompanied by a prayer to her god: "Shelyn, melmë ar Ainulindalë!"

Attack Pink Ainulindalë Smite Power Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d10 + 11 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 + 5 = 26

Inspire courage & smite. Remove +2/+5 if not evil.

Grand Lodge

Male| LG cleric of Erastil 2| 3XP|20/20 HP| BAB1, CMB3, CMD14|AC18, T11, FF17| Fort+4,Ref+1, Will+6| Perception+3, Initiative+3| Human Cleric of Erastil 2

"Hold still so I can chop you. Trees are so much easier, I must be out a practice with moving targets."

axe attack on pink: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
axe damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Hopefully Lybram is still adjacent. Not able to check the map.

Lybram then pulls out and readies his shield.


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Miriel and Lybram down the pink thug with a one-two combo and strikes!

Hannar fires off an elemental rays, which crashes into the red thug and sets his shirt momentarily on fire before he hastily pats it out.
Damage boost from Inspire Courage only counts on weapon damage rolls, so unfortunately Hannar's damage only adds up to 9.

The red thug glares at Hannar and takes a quick step in the sorcerer's direction, though he remains engaged with Graff. He once again attempts to feint against the half-orc, hopefully dropping the warrior before Graff can drop him.

Bluff to Feint: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 Fail
Rapier: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Hit!

Zeeva once again gives Graff good fortune on his next attack!

Oh wait! Graff had Fortune on his last turn as well, so he should have gotten a reroll, and he should have had Inspire Courage going! Let's do a quick retcon.

Graff Fortune reroll: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 = 24

That's a definite hit! And with the additional damage from Inspire Courage, brings his total to 15 damage. With Hannar's energy ray, that's enough to drop the red thug!

COMBAT OVER!!


Heart of the Foe | Pact World Warriors

Even as the immediate threat of violence from the thugs is ended, the ongoing threat of the poison threatening Lady Qualstair's life continues. Zeeva looks around frantically, then stands suddenly. "Listen, thank you all for coming and capturing that woman and dealing with her thugs. Please, stay here and see if you can help Lady Qualstair. I'm going to go see if I can find a priest whose magic might be able to save her."

Without another word, she rushes runs out to the street while yelling for help in an attempt to bring any nearby clerics to help.

Lady Qualstair only has a few minutes to live at this point, nowhere near enough time for Zeeva to secure help from a cleric powerful enough to save the noblewoman. It is down to you, then, to do what you can to help keep her alive until someone with sufficiently strong magic can arrive to save her.
In order to help Lady Qualstair survive and treat the poison, a PC must succeed at two consecutive DC 18 Heal checks—the first occurring 10 rounds after she ingested the poison, and the second 10 rounds after that. If you fail either of these, you'll have one more chance to succeed at the two checks. If you fail these checks, Lady Qualstair will perish before a stronger healer can arrive.
You may also have some resources *coughcough* that could help keep Lady Qualstair alive longer.
Let me know who is doing what here, and we'll see if you can't finish strong here!

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Paladin 5 (HP: 49/49 | AC: 19 (21 against Goldtooth) touch: 13 (15) FF: 16 (18) CMD: 21 (23)| F+7 R+6 W+4 | Init +7 | Percep +0 SM -2) LoH 4/4 | Smite 0/2)

"And that's the end of your story!" Miriel shrieks as the enemy falls down. She looks around, gritting and panting heavily, then notices no enemies left but a poisoned noblewoman at the ground. Her expression quickly changes from anger to worrying. "Oh, no, the lady!" she shouts as she runs to help the victim.

She rummages through her pack for anything that could help, and calls the love of Shelyn through prayers to heal.

Miriel has one antitoxin, 2 casts of lesser restoration, 4 of Lay on Hands and some charges left in a CLW wand. She can use them all if they might help. Also, does knowledge: Nature help on identifying the poison and what would help? As she cannot succeed at DC 18 heal except on 20 from roll, rolling aid beforehand here.

Heal (aid): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

351 to 400 of 411 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII - PFS] GM Mjolbeard's 8-01 Portent's Peril (CORE) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.