[PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-11: Flames of Rebellion

Game Master Luke_Parry

Maps and Handouts


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,891 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

I don’t think I can reason these ones. Guys, we have to fight to do the cleaning here.

The dwarf moves forward and unleashes bolts to the yellow one.

On the phone. Can’t move on the map. But I move two squares to be NW from Bair.

Tempest surge: 2d12 ⇒ (9, 8) = 17

Reflex DC 19. If failure clumsy 2 and 2 persistent electricity damage.

Sovereign Court

Dran'Thor unleashes a crackling bolt of electricity, which slams into Yellow...

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26.

...which jerks a little bit, but otherwise stays standing (albeit smoking).

Hannah lithely hustles forward, and takes a few swings with her staff, but the spider dodges out of the way.

The humanoid-spider hybrid then scuttles across the floor and wall, chasing after Hannah!

Fangs: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28, for 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 12 = 19 damage.

It then chomps down hard, injecting poison into her bloodstream...

When Spiders Strike Back!, Round 1:

Dran'Thor
Hannah (-19, ***Fort save pending***)
WL (-)
Bair
Mara
Adalan
Deshacerla

HS (-, -, -8)

Bair, Mara, Adalan, and Deshacerla are up!

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Mara rather enjoys the few weeks spent traveling up the river. Ahhh. This is much better. No snow, no sea serpents, a mission to find old secrets instead of corpses...

Of course, old secrets often involved corpses, but that was just one of the dangers you had to accept as a Pathfinder.

She does spend a bit of time upgrading her weaponry before they leave. Her shortswords have served her well, but the last few battles have proven that something with a bit more power might be required. As such, she uses the gold from the last few missions to purchase herself her first-ever magic weapon. The trip up the river also gives her plenty of time to practice and get used to how it felt in her hand.

Satisfied, she lets Dran-Thor take the lead through the countryside. He's far more familiar with this sort of territory than she. Now, if they were trying to navigate an urban environment, it would be a different story. But for all their experiences, Mara is still a city girl at heart.

Her heart rate picks up as the old Lodge comes into view. So much history...I wonder what other secrets are inside? The fact that they're attacked by giant spiders as soon as they set foot in the doorway is, sadly, not a surprise. Time to test this thing out!

Hearing Hannah cry out, Mara takes a circuitituous route that will bring her behind the strange hybrid, hopefully without it seeing her approach. Then she strikes!

+1 Striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 1) + 1 + (2) = 10

+1 Striking Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 4 = 15 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 4) + 1 + (6) = 12

Stride, Strike, Strike. Mara took a roundabout route, (indicated in red on the map), which should put her in a flanking position without risking an AOO.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan draws his pyromantic scroll from its case, then sends a ray of freezing cold at the spider previously hit by Dran'thor's lightning blast.

Ray of Frost @Yellow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Cold Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Sovereign Court

Hannah starts to look ill, as the poison courses through her veins...

Poison damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3.

On your turn, you will need to roll another Fort save.

Mara chases after the hybrid, her first strike slipping under its guard!

Adalan then tosses a blast of cold, further damaging yellow!

When Spiders Strike Back!, Round 1:

Dran'Thor
Hannah (-22, flat-footed; ***Fort save on your turn***)
WL (-10)
Bair
Mara
Adalan
Deshacerla
HS (-, -, -14)

Bair and Deshacerla are up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair moves up with his club out, "Somanylegs... TO SMASH!"

Stride 25 ft, Strike Yellow 2x

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 5 = 14 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Sovereign Court

Bair strides forward, and squashes the injured spider!

The two remaining spiders then scuttle forward, and assault Bair...

Fangs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 damage.
Fangs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.

Fangs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage.
Fangs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18, for 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage.

...but only once is one of them able to find a weak point in his defenses; despite only being a glancing blow, it pumps venom into him!

When Spiders Strike Back!, Round 2:

Deshacerla
Dran'Thor
Hannah (-22, flat-footed; ***Fort save on your turn***)

WL (-10)
Bair (-3, ***Fort save, please***)
Mara
Adalan
HS (-, -)

Deshacerla, Dran'Thor, and Hannah are up!

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair's AC is 19

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

It hit AC 23

"I... I don't feel so well..."

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21

With the creature between herself and Mara, Hannah uses her remaining strength to whack it a couple times...

Bo Staff: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10 vs FF
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Bo Staff, Flurry: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 - 5 = 8 vs FF
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

...before carefully stepping away, and then Striding to a safer distance.

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

Stop to poison our live! I will become electric.

And he casts another tempest surge to the one near Mara this time.

Tempest surge: 2d12 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12

DC 19. On failure 2 persistent electric damage and clumsy 2.

Sovereign Court

Deshacerla-BOT:

Deshacerla moves forward, and channels electricity between Red and Blue...

Electric Arc: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Electricity damage.

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25.
Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19.

...lightly singeing both.

Dran'Thor fires off another blast of mega-watt electricity...

Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14.

...which causes the humanoid/spider hybrid to weave drunkenly.

Hannah tries to take advantage of this, but unfortunately, is not quite able to breach its defenses, and then backs away, incidentally fighting off the poison.

The spider hybrid then turns to attack Mara...

Fangs: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 damage.
Fangs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 damage.
Fangs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3, for 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 damage.

..managing to bite her once.

1d20 ⇒ 1

When Spiders Strike Back!, Round 2:

Deshacerla
Dran'Thor
Hannah (-22)
WL (-22, Persistent Electricity 2)
Bair (-3, ***Fort save, please***)
Mara (-13, ***Fort save, please***)
Adalan
HS (-4, -4)

Sovereign Court

Sorry, to be clear: Bair, Mara, and Adalan are up.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

I looked at the attack rolls 5 times and completely missed the 23 every time, lol! My bad. :)

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

As the critter bites down on his arm, Bair angrily yells and attempts to whackaspider, "DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!"

Rage (Temp HP 4, AC 18), Strike 2x, Blue first, Red if it drops.

Greatclub: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11

Greatclub - MAP: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 5 = 20 (+1 if prior swing misses) for Bludg + Rage: 1d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Hoping that Bair's swings finish off the spiders, Adalan turns his attention to the vaguely humanoid creature and and sends three magical blasts whizzing past the edge of the decrepit wall and into the hybrid.

Magic Missile Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 4) + 3 = 13

Sovereign Court

Bair's first swing misses, but his second squashes Blue with a satisfyingly wet crunching sound.

Adalan then directs a volley of force missiles into the hybrid, sending it reeling, but not doing enough damage to drop it.

When Spiders Strike Back!, Round 2:

Deshacerla
Dran'Thor
Hannah (-22)
WL (-35, Persistent Electricity 2)
Bair (-3)
Mara (-13, ***Fort save, please***)
Adalan
HS (-4)

Mara is up.

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Mara also starts looking distinctly green. "Ugh, this is...not good. I hate spiders."

With the hybrid no longer distracted by Hannah on the other side, Mara tries instead to fake it out and make it think she's attacking from a different angle than she actually is.

Feint: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

+1 Striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 1 + (6) = 13

+1 Striking Shortsword, MAP: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 = 9 vs FF
S. Damage, SA: 2d6 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 + (5) = 13

I'm assuming the feint was successful, so the hybrid is flat-footed against my attacks until the end of Mara's next turn.

Sovereign Court

As the poison courses through Mara's system, she starts to feel woozy.

1d6 ⇒ 2 Poison damage, and flat-footed.

Nevertheless, that doesn't stop her from shanking the hybrid into oblivion.

The remaining spider continues to attack Bair...

Fangs: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17, for 16 + 2 = 18 damage.
Fangs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11, for 16 + 2 = 18 damage.
Fangs: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9, for 16 + 2 = 18 damage.

...however this time, Bair manages to fight off its frenzied attack.

When Spiders Strike Back!, Round 3:

Deshacerla
Dran'Thor
Hannah (-22)
Bair (-3)
Mara (-15, flat-footed; ***Fort save at the start of your turn***)
Adalan

HS (-4)

Party is up!

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf looks at the spider shacking his head.

You shouldn't attack us. I told you the power of nature was stronger than you !

And he unleashes an electric arc to the remaining spider which should prepare herself for the end of its life.

Produce flame: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4) + 4 = 11

But he should have been distracted by a blurps done by the corps of the humanoid spider. That's because of this vile feint he thinks he missed the target.

Not a problem. The others will kill it anyway.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Oh. Well. I had planned to retreat and heal, but if there's only one left...

Hannah uses the safety of distance to launch a surprise spring attack.

Stride, Flurry, Stride

Bo Staff: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3) + 4 + 2 = 14

Bo Staff, Flurry: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 - 5 = 9
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

I told you...

Sovereign Court

Hannah, despite being sorely wounded, springs into action, rushing forward and crushing the spider's thorax.

Combat over.

With the arachnids defeated, the party has the chance to explore the lodge!

In the tower, you make a grim discovery - a thoroughly desiccated corpse, with a Lesser Healing Potion in a pouch at its belt.

In the basement, however, is something more intriguing: An iron-bound chest that contains several items of interest.

Specifically, a +1 Striking Shortsword, a 6-inch-tall golden statue of a woman with outstretched hands, flowing hair, and a chilling expression on her face, and several journals.

Collectively, the journals describe a Cult of the Golden Daughter that tried to gain control of the region. Napsunar and her agents vehemently fought against the cult but unfortunately most the villagers were seduced to join the flock of the Golden Daughter, who claimed to be a god made flesh. While the Golden Daughter did manifest strange powers, Napsunar was skeptical of her godly origin. The Golden Daughter led her followers on a pilgrimage toward the west and Napsunar apparently lost track of her; at least, no records specifying the Golden Daughter’s fate are included in the journal. Napsunar abandoned the lodge when the village begun to die out due to hostile environment rife with bandits and monsters. The villagers that were left behind settled nearer to the Sellen River. One of the Pathfinder agents, Pavo Crispin, found a wife among the villagers and stayed behind with her when the other agents left with Napsunar; it is possible that some descendants remain in the capital...

It is now about 5pm (sunset 7pm-ish). Do you wish to explore the abandoned village, head back to town, or camp for the night in the Lodge?

Of course, feel free to handle any healing you wish to do / ongoing Fort saves from Mara (the DC is 19; just keep rolling until you pass), first.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

If we camp, I'm sure there's enough Treat Wounds available to heal Hannah; if not, can she drink the potion we found?

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

I vote camp. Do I need to do any more Fort Saves?

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

I'm good with camping, since we don't seem to have any major time pressure.

Sovereign Court

Mara, as I stated in my last post, you need to keep making Fort saves until you pass a DC 19. It is unlikely to kill you, but we should check...

Vigilant Seal

N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Bair takes the sword, "I hadda nice swahd, reallygud cuttah. Hadda turner in buh keepin dis one."

He doesn't 'need' it, but he would use it if no one else wants the sword.

"Yah campin indalodge isgud, healdem bites. I godfast wahtch." He sets up to keep an eye out as the others prepare to rest.

GM gave the Fort Save DC Mara and said to roll till you got it.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

No shortsword for me; not proficient =\

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf approaches from the humanoid spider trying to understand how it is possible to come to such a mix in a corps.

Nature: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Despite notice anything (I think anyway), what annoys him a bit, he turns then to Hannah and has a look to her wounds.

Be confident. I will treat your wounds only with natural products. You will feel better soon.

Natural medicine, Treat wounds, DC 20 Expert: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 2) + 10 = 20

And noticing another one who had issues with the spider he says:

Mara, do you want to show me your wounds as well?

Natural medicine, Treat wounds, DC 20 Expert: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 8) + 10 = 26

I'm ok with the camp as I am with the others possibilities.

Sovereign Court

Fine. That will work; technically, since we are following the rules of PFS, Mara is supposed to roll out the Poison saves, but I don't want to slow things down, (especially with the amount of healing Dran'Thor is tossing around!). I guess we just hand wave all ongoing conditions as soon as combat ends?

The night passes uneventfully; no further arachnid creatures (apart from the 'normal' diminutive kind) disturb your rest, although those on watch note that a faint, flickering glow emanates from one of the theoretically abandoned houses down in the village; it would appear that someone else is camping in the area.

In the morning, rested and refreshed, the party now has the chance to take stock of their options.

What do you wish to do next?

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

I think we should go to say 'hello' to our neighbour. Do you agree with this idea of friendly action?

The dwarf isn't sure the visit will stay friendly a lot. But all in all the intention will be in the first step anyway. And as we say: that's the intention which matters.

Envoy's Alliance

Female NG Human Rogue 4 | HP: 38/40 | AC: 22 (+1 vs Traps)| Fort +6, Ref +12, Will +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Perception +8 (+1 vs Traps) | Speed 30 ft. | Hero Points 1/1

I’m fine rolling out the poison saves; I had just missed that part of your original post.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Poison: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Poison: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Poison: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Phew! An additional 10 points of poison damage knocked me down to 7hp, then Dran’Thor (barely) healed me up to full. I’ll update my stat line in a few hours once i get to a computer.

It takes nearly a full minute for Mara to fight off the poison, looking progressively greener as it courses through her veins. Eventually it passes, leaving her woozy but still on her feet.

”Oh yes please thank you” is her reply to Dran’Thor’s offer of healing, and she sighs in relief as the natural poultices close her wounds. ”You are amazing. Thank you so much.”

Wounds healed and a peaceful night’s sleep do wonders, and Mara is positively cheerful the next morning. ”These journals are incredible! To think they’ve just been moldering away in here for so long. So much history lost. I wonder what became of the cult?”

”Yes, let’s go check out the village and see who’s there.”

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

He simply replies to Mara: You're welcome. It's the nature which healed you. I'm only one of its agent.

Sovereign Court

Heading down into the village...

Three ramshackle buildings are the only ones that still stand upright, on a patch of slightly drier ground. The largest one looks like a barn with a
silo tower. The doors have long since rotted away. A flickering light of a campfire spills out of the openings of the barn.

Adalan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12.
Bair: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28.
Mara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18.
Hannah: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14.

On the way over to the barn, Dran'Thor's Dwarven 'sixth sense' when it comes to treasure, leads him to find a forgotten smuggler’s stash. The stash contains a pouch filled with coins and gems, and a scroll case containing a Scroll of Haste.

As the party approaches the barn, a burly, red-haired young man (early 20's) comes out to meet you, spreading his arms wide in welcome.

"Ah! More people come to join the glorious revolution? Wonderful! Come, come! We can always do with more warriors, especially now!"

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf his quite happy with his discover.

Eh eh. I still have senses to find such things. That won't miss to anybody.

Then he gives the scroll to Desharcerla. You can perhaps use it.

Once they meet the guy, he strokes his beard, doubtful. A revolution? What revolution? Where a revolution? Why a revolution? Who is carrying this revolution? The questions aren't lacking.

But now where they are, they can find out answers to these.

How many comrades are already arrived? Do they have the same ideas as ours? What is your next plan?

That to show his interest to the red-haired man.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Hannah bites her lip before speaking, but smiles when she asks, "We've actually just arrived... We're not from around here. What is this revolution you speak of?"

Sovereign Court

"Why, against this new 'King'! After all, the last one was a tyrant, who was rotten to the core; it is only a matter of time until this new one turns out to be exactly the same, no matter how 'well-meaning' he seems to be at first glance. The monarchy needs to be expunged, replaced with a representative people's council; only then can we achieve a true workers' paradise!"

He then throws a suspicious glance at Hannah.

"If you are not here to join us, why are you here? Are you Royalist spies?"

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

"Oh gosh, no. I would honestly make a terrible spy. I was raised in a Monastery, not a thieves guild. I'm interested in knowledge, but we're with the Pathfinder Society! We go about our information gathering more in the open."

"From what we've heard in the city, this new King was also raised by monks. It seems that people have really taken to his wisdom!"

I guess Diplomacy? I'm Untrained...: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Verdant Wheel

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

The dwarf begins to stroke his beard frantically.

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

If only Thorax was here to sing!

Sovereign Court

That is, unfortunately, a failure, and the scenario specifies only one person can attempt to Diplomacy them, so...

The young man looks indignant.

"The general populace doesn't know what is best for them! Most of them still remember the 'good old days'," he says with a sneer, "when the current 'king's' father ruled; they just want to go back to how things were! They are short-sighted fools, who lack vision!"

He then raises a fist, triumphantly.

"We will make them see the error of their ways, by casting down their false ruler!"

So saying, he whistles, and several more heavily armed young men pop out of the shadows.

"If you are not here to aid us, then you are against us; we must put you down, for the advancement of the greater good..."

I'll post a combat post when I get a chance.

Sovereign Court

C: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23.
ER: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8.
Adalan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22.
Bair: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26.
Deshacerla: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13.
Dran'Thor: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29.
Mara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9.
Hannah: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16.

Down With the Royalist Scum!, Round 1:

Dran'Thor
Bair

C (-)
Adalan
Hannah
Deshacerla
Mara
ER (-, -, -, -)

Dran'Thor and Bair are up!

Slide 3.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Goblin (Laborer) Barbarian 4 | Exploration Mode: Avoid Notice | HP 58/60 (0/6 temp HP, falls do 1/2 damage) | AC 21, Sleeping 19 (Raging AC -1, rarely FF) | F/R/W +10/+8/+8 (Elect & Cold Resist 1, Evil Resist 2, Feat helps vs. Fear/Sickness) | Perc +8 w/ Darkvision (Imprecise Scent 30 when raging) | Stealth +8 | Speed 25 | Placeholder | Hero Points: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Rage Tracking X Rds Remain, +1 vs. Poisons & Diseases

Not sure where we start on the map, but most likely will be within a stride (25 ft) of the enemy, so Bair will be doing the following.

Bair sees the thugs and listens to the pathetic threat. He pulls his new stabby weapon out and grins, "Yachose pohly. I'll happly disgree wifya ways an won baddaneye ifn ya donlikamine. Buhya threadeen mefrahnds, ya die."

He steps up next to the leader and shoves his shiv into the humans gut, twisting the blade to the pain.

Interact draw Shortsword, Stride next to boss, Strike boss.

+1 Striking Shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21 for Slashing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13

Sovereign Court

Bair strides forward, drawing his newly acquired sword as he does so, and slashes at Chops, delivering a nasty blow!

Down With the Royalist Scum!, Round 1:

Dran'Thor
Bair
C (-13)
Adalan
Hannah
Deshacerla
Mara
ER (-, -, -, -)

Dran'Thor is up!

Vigilant Seal

LG male human wizard (illusionist) 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 18 | F +6, R +7, W +10 | Per +8 | Focus 1/1 | Hero 1/3 | Active Spells: mage armor

Adalan listens with interest to the revolutionary's words, and is about to ask him some questions when the man turns hostile. Adalan sighs and prepares to fight as the thugs advance. I might have been sympathetic if you weren't so aggressively moronic. How do you expect to build a movement when you attack anyone who doesn't immediately profess their allegiance to your cause? And how have these idiots gotten this far with that attitude anyway?

Sovereign Court

*shrugs* I roll with the scenario as presented - if you don't immediately profess your allegiance to their cause, you need to make a (hard) Diplomacy check - on a failure they attack; on a success they instead insist that you immediately come with them to see the boss; it is only on a *crit success* that they back down, and leave you alone...

Verdant Wheel

Male Dwarf Druid 4 (Storm Druid) / HP 54/54 (DR 1 bludgeoning), Perc +12, AC 20 (+2 with shield), Fort +10 Ref +7 Will +12 / Spells 1st 3/3, 2d 3/3 / Focus points 2/2, / Active conditions: Darkvision, Rock Dwarf, Resist cold and electricity 1

On the phone

The dwarf isn’t happy with the happenings. They have now to kill people who may have had something to play in the history of Golarion. Unfortunately they will die now.

Do you know it’s not polite not to answer questions ? I will repeat them for you.

He casts a tempest surge to the chief.

Tempest surge: 2d12 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

DC 19. On failure 2 persistent electric damage and clumsy 2.

So first question: who is behind this revolution ?

Then he raises his shield AC 21

Sovereign Court

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17.

The man is literally shocked by Dran'Thor's spell, but still manages to spit out:

"We will defend the cause to our dying breaths!"

He then draws an over-sized falchion, and starts trying to beat Bair up!

Falchion: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12, for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 damage.
Falchion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, for 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 damage.

However, it would appear that the strength of his resolve is more powerful than his physical prowess.

1d20 ⇒ 16

Down With the Royalist Scum!, Round 1:

Dran'Thor
Bair
C (-22)
Adalan
Hannah
Deshacerla
Mara

ER (-, -, -, -)

Adalan, Hannah, Deshacerla and Mara are up!

Grand Archive

LG Human (Emissary) Fighter (1) | Max HP: 18 28 | AC: 19 20 | Fort +5 +6, Reflex +6 +7, Will +3 +4 | Perception +5 +6 | See profile for skills | Speed 20 ft.

Seeing the man grow hostile, Hannah pleads "Oh no... No no no no no! We're not here to fight!"

But when the others leap out of hiding she quickly wields her Bo Staff, performs a couple rapid jabs at the thug next to her, and then tries to sweep him off his feet.

Interact, Flurry, Trip

Bo Staff, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Flurry, Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 - 5 = 18
Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11

Athletics, Assurance, Level Bump: 10 + 3 + 2 = 15

Vigilant Seal

CN Gnome Sorceress 3 | HP: 35/35| AC 17 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +8; Resist 1 - Cold, Electric, Evil| Perc: +6 | Stealth: +7 | 25ft | Focus: 0/1; Hero Pts: 0/1 | Spells 1st: 3/4; 2nd: 1/3| Active Conditions: Shield Other (Bair).
Familiar Stats:
HP 10/10 | AC 16 | F: +6 R: +6 W: +7 | Perc/Stealth +6; Darkvision

"Well aint this a pickle. Hannah, I'm gonna have to teach ya some nuance with your words. It's more of how you say something, than what you say."

"Bair, fight well. Pharasma's blessings be upon you." she calls out before moving behind the dwarven man.

2 Actions: Cast Forbidding Ward on Bair for the Captain - +1 Status to Saves and AC
1 Action: Stride

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,891 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2_Luke_Parry] 01-01 The Absalom Initiation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.