PBP Gameday VII: 9-12 Shrine of the Sacred Tempest

Game Master Beat It Flat

Map & Handouts


101 to 125 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Map & Handouts

Rutvalf can tell that his dramatic stories are hiding another motive beneath.

Silver Crusade

Female CG Elf Wizard 2 (Spellslinger) - Init. +6, Senses Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60ft. Perception +0, AC 18/ touch 14/ ff 14; hp 12/12, F+1, R+4, W+3, Speed 30 ft.

"What are you true motives. Share with us. Life is too short for lies."

Silver Crusade

LG Male Ulfen Warpriest (Shieldbearer) 2 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 | CMB: 5, CMD: 17 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 5 | Init: 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Blessing: 1/4 | Fervor: 3/3 | Warpriest Spells: (1st): 3/3 | Shield Bearer: 1/1 | Demonbaner: 1/1

"If there is anyone to tell the truth to it is the new people in town that want to save it from whatever trouble may be brewing. You have my word as a priest of Ragathiel...which is a damn good one if you aren't a demon or devil." Elris shares trying to get the man to open up invoking his Blessing of Nobility.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 = 16

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Bloodrager 2 | Raging: HP 24/24 | Raging: AC 16 T 9 FF 15 | CMB +9 CMD 18 | F +7 R +1 W +3 (+2 vs. mind-affecting & poison) | Not Raging: HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | F +5 R +1 W +1 | | Init +3 | Perc +6 (low-light) SM +0 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge

"Aye, what he said. I mean, um, well, you shur are a good story-teller now, ain'tcha! Even if some o' them words is kinda long fer me."

Diplomacy, aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Map & Handouts

he winces and explains the truth, hoping that you as outsiders might be able to help. A few weeks ago, Laiping went to the shrine in hopes of catching a glimpse of the glory of the Storm Prophet’s power. Instead, he
witnessed the Storm Prophet dragging one of the Chosen to the well in front of the shrine, drowning the victim, and dumping the body into the
water. He’s terrified that someone might have seen him, or that the
Hei Feng may smite him if he doesn’t properly demonstrate his faith.

You may ask around for general info with a diplomacy.

Silver Crusade

Female CG Elf Wizard 2 (Spellslinger) - Init. +6, Senses Low-Light Vision, Darkvision 60ft. Perception +0, AC 18/ touch 14/ ff 14; hp 12/12, F+1, R+4, W+3, Speed 30 ft.

Tessara glares at people while cleaning her gun... (she's trying to smile but it comes off like that... :P)

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Bloodrager 2 | Raging: HP 24/24 | Raging: AC 16 T 9 FF 15 | CMB +9 CMD 18 | F +7 R +1 W +3 (+2 vs. mind-affecting & poison) | Not Raging: HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | F +5 R +1 W +1 | | Init +3 | Perc +6 (low-light) SM +0 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge

Drukpa listens to Laiping's story with shock. "Y'mean the Storm Profit drowned him?!? 'N threw the body in the well?!? But... but... that would make him... evil..."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Diplomacy (Gather Info): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Yaiho is not to shocked about hearing the Storm Prophet sacrificing the 'chosen' ones but still doesn't like it. He goes around to try to garner more information, but his hulking size and demeanor only causes others to avoid him.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Ulfen Warpriest (Shieldbearer) 2 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 | CMB: 5, CMD: 17 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 5 | Init: 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Blessing: 1/4 | Fervor: 3/3 | Warpriest Spells: (1st): 3/3 | Shield Bearer: 1/1 | Demonbaner: 1/1

"This is where we may start to make enemies if we are not careful but we will get to the bottom of this. Doesn't matter the divinity a false servant deserves punishment." Elris tells the group before asking around about that occurence.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 2 = 26


Map & Handouts

Elris finds a tengu who quietly and fearfully informs them that his sister went out to the shrine to try to join the ranks of the Chosen 3 weeks ago
and has not yet returned. He fears that the storm swallowed her for daring to rush in where she was not invited.

A young tengu woman in vermillion robes approaches and asks what you think of the town’s current situation. Mitoko explains that she has been growing increasingly concerned about the situation in the town and the shrine.

Liberty's Edge

M CG Halfling Warpriest of Cayden Cailean 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Rapier: +8 (1d4), Halfling Sling Staff +7 (1d6) | Conditions: none |
Spells:
1st level 2/2: bless, protection from evil, [open slot]; 0th level; create alcohol, guidance, stabilize

"Well... the atmosphere seems a bit tense around here. Plus... uh..."

He leans back and whispers to the rest of the party.
"How much do we want to say about what we heard about the Storm Prophet?"


Map & Handouts

Any thing to say to Mitoko?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho looks at Mitoko. "Yaiho say we go to shrine. Look into things."


Map & Handouts

If there is nothing more for Mitoko, should we proceed to the choosing ritual?

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

"Yaiho say we go to prophet. See what he does."

To the Ritual...

Silver Crusade

LG Male Ulfen Warpriest (Shieldbearer) 2 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 | CMB: 5, CMD: 17 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 5 | Init: 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Blessing: 1/4 | Fervor: 3/3 | Warpriest Spells: (1st): 3/3 | Shield Bearer: 1/1 | Demonbaner: 1/1

Sorry been getting behind on games.

Elris looks at Mitoko unwilling to lie.

"I have my own worries about this town and the Storm Prophet. I have heard troubling stories that makes me think the prophet is not who they claim to be. What is it that worries you?" he asks in return.


Map & Handouts

She explains that she had been training to become a priestess of the shrine. When the Storm Prophet came into town, however, her training
immediately halted. She finds it hard to believe that the shrine’s keepers would have simply abandoned the people in a time of need, but whenever she tried to dig further, the Storm Prophet harshly admonished her, belittled her, and implied that if she continued to doubt Hei Feng’s power, her own god would likely bring down vengeance upon her.

Give me a diplomacy check

Liberty's Edge

M Human LG Male Ulfen Monk (Qinggong Zen Archer) 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC: 17 T: 16 FF: 15 | CMB: 2, CMD: 18 | F: 5 R: 5 W: 7 | Init: 8 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Yeah I've also gotten a bit behind sorry. Rutvalf would aid but it'd be a bad idea for everyone involved.

Silver Crusade

LG Male Ulfen Warpriest (Shieldbearer) 2 | HP: 13/13 | AC: 18 T: 12 FF: 16 | CMB: 5, CMD: 17 | F: 3 R: 2 W: 5 | Init: 2 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None
Resources:
| Blessing: 1/4 | Fervor: 3/3 | Warpriest Spells: (1st): 3/3 | Shield Bearer: 1/1 | Demonbaner: 1/1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 13 Crap.

Liberty's Edge

M CG Halfling Warpriest of Cayden Cailean 2 | HP 15/15 | AC 19 T 15 FF 15 | CMB +0, CMD 14 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Init: +4 | Perc: +4, SM: +2 | Speed 30ft | Rapier: +8 (1d4), Halfling Sling Staff +7 (1d6) | Conditions: none |
Spells:
1st level 2/2: bless, protection from evil, [open slot]; 0th level; create alcohol, guidance, stabilize

"That sounds awful!" Xavier says. "And... completely tracking with everything else we know about him."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

"Awful yes. We go bash now?" he looks at the others quizzically.

Diplomacy (Aid Other): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Bloodrager 2 | Raging: HP 24/24 | Raging: AC 16 T 9 FF 15 | CMB +9 CMD 18 | F +7 R +1 W +3 (+2 vs. mind-affecting & poison) | Not Raging: HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | F +5 R +1 W +1 | | Init +3 | Perc +6 (low-light) SM +0 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Yeah, gosh, um, well, I don't know exactly. That sounds, well, - you know granpappy always says, if ye ain't got sumptin t', t', t'.... well I guess ye ain't got nuthin' neither, ain't ye?"


Map & Handouts

The air smells sharply of incense and the wood smoke. Three white-robed tengus, two male and one female, ascend a wooden stage and drop to their knees in front of a small altar carved with thunderbolts, their eyes cast down as they chant a strange incantation. Megari presides over the ceremony, walking around the pledged while waving a censer over each.
The hooded and armed figures keep silent watch over the gathered faithful. As Megari leads them, the villagers begin to chant in a strange language in unison, at first low and quiet, but slowly rising in a crescendo. The priest then calls out in a clear voice. “We are gathered once more to mark the ascension of our Chosen brothers and sisters. The Storm Lord has called us to prepare worthy vessels for his host, and we have done so!
Witness your brothers and sister at the hour of their ascension into immortality and glory!”

With this proclamation, the three adherents cast off the top of their robes, revealing torsos covered in ghastly scars and a bone structure twisted from what appears to be multiple fractures that healed improperly. Caught up in a frenzy of faith, the worshipers hardly seem to notice the scars. The chanting builds up to a fever pitch as the sound of thunder
rolls down the mountain from the south. Flashes of lighting cut through the darkened sky, and swirling thunderclouds coalesce around the mountain’s summit.

Give me a Linguistics check, or does anyone speak Abyssal
A map is up on map page, please place a token on it.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Nagaji Bloodrager 2 | Raging: HP 24/24 | Raging: AC 16 T 9 FF 15 | CMB +9 CMD 18 | F +7 R +1 W +3 (+2 vs. mind-affecting & poison) | Not Raging: HP 20/20 | AC 18 T 11 FF 17 | CMB +7 CMD 18 | F +5 R +1 W +1 | | Init +3 | Perc +6 (low-light) SM +0 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Uncanny Dodge

Drukpa listens to the proclamation with bafflement and scratches his head, trying hard to understand the strange sights before him.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Unchained Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager) 4.1 | AC 21 (T 13/FF 19) | CMB +9 CMD 22 (FF 20) | HP 45/45 | Init +3 | Fort +6 Ref +3 Will +1 | Perception +5 | Darkvision 60' | Speed 30' | Orc Ferocity 1/1 | Rage 12/12 | Draw Weapon as Free Action during Surprise Round | +2 STR & Ignore 2 Hardness to break object | Damage Reduction (2/-), (4/lethal) | Extreme Cold Endurance | Active Conditions:

Yaiho tilts his head to listen to the thunder as it reverberates through his body. His muscles twitch, ready to explode into action sensing the ceremony is sinister.

101 to 125 of 125 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PBP Gameday VII 9-12 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.