[GDVIII] GM Debug's 1-09: Live Exploration Extreme!!!!! (Inactive)

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts


151 to 198 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

"Why don't we do both?" Jastrow asks the camera. "Twice the danger!" He nods hopefully, cause he'd really like to help Oda with the boulder.

If the audience doesn't agree, Jastrow activates his suit's environmental protections and tries to squeeze through the fissure.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith looks at the gross ichor, then looks at the camera, and pinches her nose. She gives the camera THE LOOK.

She does not look pleased.

She waits to see what their response is to Jastrow's suggestion -- since she clearly doesn't want to go through the goo and the crack....

But, if they don't change their mind, Lilith casts life bubble on herself and enters the nasty fissure, looking disgusted the entire time.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Oda: I completely understand. There is no issue, I just wanted to clarify the situation.

As Jastrow makes his offer you all can hear Zo! calling out to the audience. "Brillant! Twice the danger! Twice the excitement! Twice the footage!
What do you think audience?"
Cheers filter out from the comms and the text channels as the dwarves watch with utter confusion at this entire affair as they here small voices coming from your unknown devices.

Wazasha takes control of her ghoulish tongue as it lashes out before moving on with a poised professional demeanor. "Then there is the matter of how you should divide yourselves. In these times of crisis one can only wonder how Starfinders distribute their talents."

If you wish you can break up your party into pairs, instead of all focusing on the boulder, to avoid the audience ire..

** The Boulder **

The boulder is too heavy for any one person to lift and looks to be several hundred pounds. Minor effort isn't enough to move it even the slightest. It will take a team effort to move the boulder.

If you are trying to move the boulder then you can make a skill check based on what you are trying to do, if you are making something to help move the rock, pushing the rock yourself, looking for weak points in the stone, or coordinating the dwarves themselves. Even if you aren't sure what skill might work, describe what your character would do to help in this task.

** The Fissure **

The break in the cavern wall winds and lances past very dense bands of stone. It is rather cramped for most of the party, although less so for Jastrow. It is only about five feet tall in total, and a couple feet of the bottom portion is filled with a strange oily fluid. It is thick and some prodding indicates it isn't enough to immediately corrode metal or plastic.

Engineering or Physical Science DC 13 to Identify Liquid. DC 8 Engineering for Jastrow:
This is a synthetic lubricant, something you would expect to see in a mechanical engine or hydraulic system. It would be used to reduce the heat generated from the moving parts. It shouldn't be harmful to touch and isn't very dangerous, but it will make anything it touches very slippery and it will take a couple hours to clean off.

Oda looks at the liquid and can trudge in, but would be able to make it through cleanly and quickly by bracing herself against the walls either following from her physical training or mercenary drills.

Could clear it with an Athletics check or Profession (soldier).

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith goes over to help move it.

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow helps with his engineering skills, using his recycled and scavenged scrap to make a lever to help move the rock.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Oda isn't able to move clearly above the sludge and is forced to push through it as she was originally expecting as a pair of camera drones follow her and Kai.

She is about to get into the temple quickly but every step she takes is sufficient to take without some chance to losing her footing in the hiring as the liquid dispels any normal friction she would expect. Still she is the first into the temple and finds an elderly dwarf pinned under a broken price of archway. He is still conscious, but that is slowly wearing away as the rock presses down on him. With some fear he passes for help.

Between leverage and a sudden show off strength Jastrow and Lilith are able to move the rock enough to move the boulder enough for the pair to sneak in right beside Oda.

The drone cameras watch you as you are able to attempt to free the dwarf from the stone and treat his wounds.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda tries to lift the broken piece of archway.

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Oda is able to pull off portions of the shattered edifice pinning the dwarf, but the process it slow going as Oda is forced to remove a number of the smaller pieces one at at time rather than clearing the entire piece at once. Still the camera drones follow the work intently as they flit about Oda as she goes about the task.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I will keep rolling strength checks to shift stuff each time my turn is up


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Slowly but surely Oda is able to pull the dwarf free from the rubble and he regards Oda with a bit more trust. He appears to be among the elders with this tribe with a bold head and ash white hair.

He still has some injuries from the fall along with the limp on his leg as he speaks with you. Although he shares a common tongue with Oda, his eyes have a harder time seeing the script on the comm. He holds a hand as he moves to one of the storage rooms and activates a spell gem. With the spell he is able to speak and talk with you all, "I'm grateful for your aid here. I would have been struck down if you were not there to aid me."

"You should be careful though, all signs point to Torag being furious with our clan and this is his divine punishment against us."

"We have spent generations climbing through these tunnels toward the surface, he has used small quakes to guide up upward years in the past, but now his magic wanes and becomes weak even as your kin," he gestures apologetically to Oda before continuing, "the other orcs, far shorter than yourself. They have have returned from the surface with magical wands and attacked us with strength greater than we have heard in legend."

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda provides a steadying arm for the aged dwarf. Once they rejoin the others outside she types a message to the party His eyes are not what they used to be. He cannot read my screen. You all speak to him please.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow nods. "We know the way to the surface. Would you let us help all of you out of here?"


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Larger update later but Oda can certainly still communicate with the dwarf as normal, it would just be through the party's aid (just like most of the other dialogues with the dwarves have been through Oda before this.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Oda still has difficulty with the large amount of slippery goo that covers her armor makes it difficult to hold steady on the ground.

The dwarf nods his head with little hesitation. "Aye. With the teachings of my clan I, Holsin Nolskrit, accept your aid." Other dwarves follow into the area and Holsin slowly moves forward as he speaks with them before turning back to the party. "There is another issue though. There is another group of orcs deeper within the cavern and they have taken control of the sky-realms toxic air. The poison has already claimed a number of our tribe. I have prayed yet to Torag for aid and it seems that you have come as an answer."

He takes a moment to console some members of his congregation as he thinks on the matter. "If we were to try to move in mass, we would have no way to defend against this attack. I can call upon Torag's blessings to protect less than a handful. We can't leave until we have put an end to their attacks and at least drive them away."

The camera drones move into positions to get clear shots of him and the party. He glances warily at them, but doesn't question them as of yet as he looks outward of the temple.

"Our scouts have last spotted them upward within the caverns over an hour away. I would plead for you to aid me in driving them back. Then our clan will be able to press forward to the surface. Would you please aid us?"

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda hears the words of the aged dwarf and looks at her companions for their answer.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith nods. "Alright. We will head into the deeper caverns to investigate the attacks. After, we can all return to the surface."

It is noticeable that Lilith does not promise to go kill orcs just because this guy tells her to.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow nods. "Yes! We'll help!"


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Holsin nods and bows in gratitude before pushing himself forward. "Then I will lead you to where they have gathered their foul poisons." He gestures to to Oda as he adds, "Your platemail is much like what they where so I assume your blessed and protected against the toxins. We should move quickly before they can prepare another attack."

Wazasha takes a moment to pull a few of you aside as she interviews you about this latest revelation.

First she pulls Oda aside as the camera gets in a view of the persistent grease covering her armor. "You acted without hesitation moving forward, what drives you to act without any doubt? Training or some other strength?""[/b]

The chat is already streaming with images of various posters presenting their own ideas of what the answer might be, most of them not even considering Oda even being threatened by the mysterious ooze.

The oil covering resists most attempts to clean it. Even after removing most of it with Holsin's magic, she is limited to moving half normal speed by making a DC 6 Acrobatics check (Failure means you can't move and must attempt a Reflex save or fall prone. Failure by 5 or more causes you to fall prone).

After Oda Wazasha goes to ask Lilith as well another question, "What do you really think of these dwarves? Do you trust them?"


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

With Holsin leading the way forward and the camera crew behind you being moving upwards through the tunnels. After almost an hour of travel the air starts become visibly cloudy and Holsin pauses to create a bubble of air about of himself. "This is the air they have brought down on us. It will only get thicker from here. Let me know if you need Torag's blessings against this poison as well."

Within a few dozen more minutes of travel your vision is severely limited. You can only clearly see a few feet in front of you. Even with powerful lighting from the camera crew you can't see more than sixty feet before can't see anything but the poisonous fog.

Eventually you arrive in a large cavern filled with this deadly exhaust. At the edge of your vision you see a wide chasm that cuts through the room with a small bridge.

You can't see the goblins before you hear them singing and chanting as they excitedly prepare for battle.

"Goblins shoot, goblins blast,
Led by the biggest genius in the Vast!
Big Genius Polbak has a master plan,
Poison gas to kill the clan!"

You hear the goblins ahead singing along with the charging of their laser weapons. Even deeper you hear the roaring of a heavy machine moving in the room, but you can't see what is causing it just yet.

Holsin offers a prayer as he summons an animate light that he guides forward over the chasm.

Initiative:
Jastrow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Lilith: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Oda: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Kai: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
BGP: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
G: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Round 1
Goblin
Holsin
Big Genius Polbak
Kai (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed)
Lilith
Jastrow
Oda (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed)

It is difficult to see in the fog. You can see normally within 5 feet. Past that everything has concealment. You can't see farther than 60 feet away.

New map is up, everyone can act.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith looks at Wazasha. "Yes."

I love the song!

At the sight of the toxic gas Lilith looks very sad. Then, when she hears the song, she looks very angry. She casts a quick spell on herself, to protect her from the foul pollution. Casting life bubble. Then she follows the dwarf forward. She moves to the edge of the bridge, then looks around for anything suspicious...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow activates his armour's environmental defences if he hasn't yet.

Jastrow thanks the dwarf. "Thank you for all your help. If you want, you can go now. Also, these are goblins, not orcs. Just so you know."

Jastrow looks at the pollution. "Oh, no. This is horrible! This is going to take forever to clean up." He shakes his head sadly. When he hears the goblins sing about how they're doing it on purpose he looks really mad. He'd like to yell at them, but he tries to be very quiet, instead, and he sneaks across the bridge.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

During interview

Oda types out her response. I have a job to do and I do it. You cannot spend your life hesitating.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Oda tries to leave but her armour seems to have seized.

During Combat

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Oda moves towards the threat, her cannon raised.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The audience responds well to both Lilith and Oda. In the former case the chat fills with emotes supporting Lilith's succinct answer and in the latter there the chat fills with follow up suggestions following Oda's stumble.

Holsin is confused what is going on, but still is even more confused by Jastrow's comment. Without any knowledge of them he asks more questions about the goblins.

**

In the heat of the battle though...

Kai Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Kai follows behind the rest of the party as he calls his pistols to hands as he aims them past the chasm. The camera crew matches that movement pushing past Holsin as they move to the edge of the chasm and aim their camera both at the party and in the direction of the goblins.

Genius Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

The visible goblin push forward toward the bridge and takes a bold shot at Oda burning through her armor as he hoots and cheers. Holsin moves forward and guides his magical spell to help guide attacks toward the goblin.

From behind the goblin another form emerges from the fog. A goblin strides forward with confidence in the welded and scavenged pieces of a suit of power armor. Bits of wires remain exposed and spark with energy. There is a long jagged blade taped to on of the arms and fiery jet burn out of the metal boots with each step. "You aren't dwarves," he declares as he runs a hand over a fogged up visor. "But you long shanks will not stop my plan! I will conquer this planet and all the best bits of scrap and technology will be mine! I will make bigger weapons and bigger armors and bigger ships! You won't stop me!"

He takes a laser shot at Oda as well, but her armor holds against the attack. Meanwhile neither of the goblins have taken notice of Jastrow hiding amid the fog.

Goblin Junklaser Attack vs Oda's EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Concealment 20+: 1d100 ⇒ 90
Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Polbak's Junklaser Attack vs Oda's EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Concealment 20+: 1d100 ⇒ 79
Fire Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Round 2
Goblin [Red] (+2 to next attack against goblin)
Holsin
Big Genius Polbak [Blue]
Kai (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed)
Lilith
Jastrow (Stealthy)
Oda (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed, 16/18 SP)

It is difficult to see in the fog. You can see normally within 5 feet. Past that everything has concealment. You can't see farther than 60 feet away.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda aims her light reaction cannon at what she is sure in a goblin up ahead Blue She breaths in then out slowly as she pulls the trigger, just as she was trained to do on Aposte.

Light Reaction Cannon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 9
Concealment, 20+: 1d100 ⇒ 36

The weapon kicks in her grip and she hopes it hits.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow sneaks over to a nearby stalagmite and hides behind it. Then he casts a spell n a big, deep, angry voice.

"FEE FI FO FUM! I SMELL GOBLIN! WANT TO EAT SOME!"

As his spell finishes, he makes a holographic image of a giant stomp out of the mist and grin.

"BOO!" Jastrow bellow, hoping it sounds like the giant talking.

Casting holographic image to make a giant look menacing. The save DC is 15

Bluff (imitate a giant and throw his voice): 1d20 ⇒ 20

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith holds out her hands and sings a song. As she sings flowers bloom, then wither, then blooms again, beneath her feet.

Starting to cast summon creature.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The reaction cannon is a bit short of breaking through the cobbled together power suit worn by the goblin leader as it bounces off the armor plating.

Kai slowly moves through the fog carefully and leverages the poison mist to to conceal his shock pistol until the moment he fires it at Polbak into the scavenged suit. The arc does serious damage to the goblin although he ignores the pain for now as he has plenty of other things to shoot and stab.

The far less armored goblin screeches as the giant appears within the fog. "Ahh! The brought even bigger and longer shanks! I will burn you with my laser you big stupid!" Despite the goblin's declarations, as he steps back and pulls the trigger of his gun no laser is fired. Instead there is a brief whine from the pistol that builds up before immediately exploding into scrap. The bits and pieces hit the goblin and Big Genius Polbak. The goblin is panicked as he waves his injured hand about, yelling at the giant and accusing it. "The giant breaks lasers! It is the Laser Breaker Giant! How dare you! I barely got to set anything on fire with it! Big Genius Polbak! Help!"

The leader charges his laser and gives a maniacal grin. "You might be big, but your brain is small! One hit from the punchslicer will make you fall!" He ignites his jumps jets and they explode outward with fire while he rushes at the illusion. With a swing he attacks the images with a wild arc with his mounted blade. His smile goes away as it is clear his attack did nothing and he realizes his mistake. "Hey! This isn't a real giant! It is a hologram! This is a Fake Laser Breaker Giant!"

Holsin for his part focuses his magical wisp onto Big Genius Polbak to aid in the fight against the goblin leader.

Since there are so many rolls just because of the goblin junklaser exploding, I'll put them in a spoiler to keep the post a bit cleaner.

Die Rolls:

Kai Trick Attack Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Kai Called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 98
Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Trick Attack Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Goblin Junklaser Attack vs Jastrow's Illusion EAC: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 60
Fire Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Goblin Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Goblin Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Duration: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Goblin Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Big Genius Polbak Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Exploding Gun Damage - Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Natural 1 on attack, failed to disbelieve, failed to prevent goblin gun from exploding, gun explodes immediately, dealing damage to both goblins.

Polbak's Punchslicer Attack vs Illusion's KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 33
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Genius Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Round 3
Goblin [Red] (1 damage, no laser)
Holsin
Big Genius Polbak [Blue] (10 damage)
Kai (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed)
Lilith
Lilith's Summoned Creature
Jastrow (Stealthy)
Oda (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed, 16/18 SP)

It is difficult to see in the fog. You can see normally within 5 feet. Past that everything has concealment. You can't see farther than 60 feet away.

Holsin is granting a +2 on the next attack against Big Genius Polbak.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

Oda moves up 5 feet and fires again at Blue.

Light Reaction Cannon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 1
Concealment, 20+: 1d100 ⇒ 49

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Hahahahaha! That's so funny!

Jastrow tries really hard not to laugh! Hoping his hologram might still fool the little goblin, he maintains his hologram. The he throws his voice again and pretends to be the giant illusion. "Hologram?! AHAHA! YOU FOOL! My magic makes me incorporeal! I cannot be defeated so easily and will continue to break your lasers!! AHAHAHA!"

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 9

But his bluff is not so great this time.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

With a swirl of flower petals, a bunny made of rocks hops into the fight! It slams its rocky body into the big armoured goblin. Earth elemental. It's stats are in my stat block.

Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

But the bunny's aim is not very good.

Lilith moves a little closer and levitates a rock with her mind, then sends it flying at the armoured goblin.

Ranged Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 44


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Unfortunately the volley of attacks unleashed upon the armored goblin fail end up coming just short of breaking through the metal plating he wears.

Kai keeps himself steady on the stone surface as he lines up another shot within the obscuring fog, but his own attack suffers from the concealment.

Kai Trick Attack Survival: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Kai Called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 16
Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Trick Attack Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

The goblin stares at the giant another moment before realizing and taunting the illusion. "Well jokes is on you! That was my only laser! You seem pretty real, but Big Genius Polbak is a big genius and knows all your tricks! Now I'm going to dice you all up and take your lasers!" He pulls out his jagged knife with a glee right before charging at the elemental rabbit.

Goblin Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Polbak doesn't pull any punches as he uses his blade knocks the stone rabbit back to where it was summoned from. "Ha! You can't send rock to beat Big Genius Polbak! I step on rocks!" With the elemental defeated he leaps onto the bridge with another blast from his explosive jump jets. The flames nearly catch his own ally in the explosion but he doesn't turn his attention away as he enters melee with both Kai and Oda.

Polbak's Punchslicer Attack vs Elemental's KAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Slashing Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Goblin Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Round 4
Goblin [Red] (1 damage, no laser)
Holsin
Big Genius Polbak [Blue] (10 damage)
Kai (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed)
Lilith
Jastrow (Stealthy)
Oda (Greased DC 6 Acrobatics to move half speed, 16/18 SP)

It is difficult to see in the fog. You can see normally within 5 feet. Past that everything has concealment. You can't see farther than 60 feet away.

Holsin is granting a +2 on the next attack against Big Genius Polbak.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

With Blue now within her reach Oda releases one hand from her cannon and punches at Blue.

Hammerfist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow lets his illusion vanish, then sighs. "Fine!" He peeks out from behind the rock and sends a blast of fire at the red goblin! "Take that!"

Energy Ray vs. EAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Critical Hit Fire Damage: 2d3 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith scowls and throws a piece of nearby rock at the big bad goblin.

Telekinetic Projectile vs. KAC: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Critical Hit Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Concealment: 1d100 ⇒ 64

And my brother forgot to roll his concealment. Here is his roll:
Concealment (Jastrow): 1d100 ⇒ 47


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Oda's powerful blow matches the strength of the powered armor and sends the goblin staggering backward. Heavily injured by the blow Lilith and Jastrow are able to get precise attacks in with magical flame and launched rock at Polbak. This is enough to push him just over the edge and he falls into the chasm as the armor sparks and fails and ends with crushing thud as he lands a dozen feet below.

With the leader defeated the last of the goblins throws his hands up and casts his blade aside. "No! I give up! You are much bigger geniuses than Polbak! I surrender!"

No matter what the party does with the remaining goblin, the party is given free reign of the room and is able to explore the remainder of the cavern. Within you find the goblin's tools, explosives, and miscellaneous gear. Most notably is a large door made of adamantine at the end of the cavern.

Searching you find the source of the poison, piping within cracked walls is venting the gas into the room. It is trivial to seal up the pipes. The door will require more effort as it is sealed shut. It will take some effort with strength, tools, or explosives to open the door (With Athletics or Engineering).

***

While the party searches the room, Wazasha takes the moment to pull Jastrow aside into an isolation tent away from the rest of the party and the gas. She calls out his action in the previous battle, "Your illusion was able to fool both of the goblins, what make you think of creating an image of a giant? Have you worked with or fought with giants before this?"

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith smiles a little as the fight comes to an end. She looks at the goblin, then leaves him for Jastrow to deal with. Instead she heads over to the poison and scowls at it. She helps fix the pipe. When that's dealt with she looks at the door. Not being an expert in building things, she tries to help force it open.

Athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 20

And is super strong and amazing!

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

When the goblin surrenders, Jastrow nods. "You will help us lead the dwarves to the surface with us. Okay? They don't know about goblins at all, so you can tell them all about your people. And be nice! No fire and poison and biting today. Kay?"

When he gets pulled aside to talk, he shakes his head. "Nope! I've never seen a giant before! Ever! But, I have seen documentaries on them. And I love to learn about other worlds and people. I chose a giant because I wanted to create something big and intimidating. Pretty good distraction, hey?" Jastrow grins. "I like using holograms and illusions. Sometimes you can end a fight, or open a way to talk with an enemy, with a good hologram."

At the door, Jastrow pulls out his tools and tries to open it.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

"How can't they not know about us goblins," exclaims the goblin as he frantically waves his arms, "we sing real loud to let them know!" Given the position he dejectely accepts the offer, although he does somberly note, "But fire, poison, and biting are my favorite things... Fiiiine, I'll tell them all the things I know..."

He pauses for a moment before adding, "can I at least tell them about fire?"

Jastrow's tools have difficulty penetrating the sealed door, but Lilith is able to get a clear grip and force it open with one incredible push. The chat from the audience argues back and forth on whether she did it with raw strength or with her telekinetic talents.

Wazasha holds a hand for you to pause for a moment before moving forward. "Let one of the crew in before you, we need to make certain to get a great reaction shot."

***

The gas is slowly venting past the open doorway and as you step out past it you find yourselves on an elevated walkway that runs along the length of a vast horizontal cylindrical space. It extends are far as you can see in all directions. Along the path you see other heavy doors like this one you just opened in the distance.

Looking back you see a digital terminal near the door, the display glowing with alien text. As you approach it quickly begins cycling through various character sets, only some of which you recognize before it settles and stops on Common.

In bright blue text on the black background the screen reads:

Simulation #20,553
Dwarven Quest for Sky
Planet Golarion
Circa –4,900 Absalom Reckoning
(simulation local calendar approximation)
Status: Simulation ongoing.
ALERT: ERROR! Immediate repair required.
ERROR! External influence detected.
ERROR! Control measures enacted.

A second glance around is enough to confirm that each of these other doors within this chamber have similar terminals adjacent to them.

As you examine the displays and room, the systems within the area begin to activate and draw the poison gas back into the vents and Wazasha signals to you all to pause once again. "This is an excellent cliffhanger to leave the show on. We have enough time for one more action shot for our promotions. Quickly set up and pose for one more action shot."

As the gas vents around you the undead are all ready with cameras taking pictures of whatever final pose you make.

Each of you can make a Charisma check and describe a final climatic pose you take for the cameras.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith looks around the room and the terminals. After reading this terminal she looks shocked! Then, she turns and looks around the room again. Now, she looks determined.

"There's thousands of simulation chambers here. That could mean countless life-forms here that need rescuing... We need to report in. We're going to need a bigger team."

With that, she poses for the cameras, looking serious, but happy with her accomplishments.

Charisma: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

"Yes, you can tell them about fire, goblin fellow. What's your name, anyway? I'm Jastrow. When we get out of here I'll help find you a new place to live, okay?"

When he sees the line of simulation chambers and door, Jastrow's jaw drops. "Do we have to help all these people?! That's... a LOT!"

When its time to pose Jastrow stands tall and straight, looking off into the distance dramatically.

Charisma: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Charisma: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Oda stands one hand balled into a fist and the other holding her Light Reaction Cannon on her shoulder.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The mist billows around blocking many of the pictures, but Wazasha waves off any flaws as she claims, "we will be sure to edit those in the shop later."

As begin moving back the tunnels back to the other dwarves Wazasha takes a final chance to take a moment with each of you to question your thuoghts on this final revelation. "That massive chamber you saw, who do you think created it and what is behind those other doors? Does this change our understanding of the history of our galaxy?"

She even takes a moment to bring in the goblin for an interview along with Holsin one after another.

"I'm Meergal, and I'll go whatever you say," is the answer the goblin gave to Jastrow and Wazasha repeats it as the goblin is sat down for an interview.

Wazasha asks the goblin, "how have you been changed by your encounter with the incredible Starfinder team?"

Nodding with unfettered enthusiasm Meergal answers, "Well now I know poisoning is all bad. I thought Polbak was a big genius because he had that super strong Punchslicer, but then that half-orc just normal punched him really hard! Then Jastrow used fire! Not from a laser but shot it with his mind! And then the lashunta threw a rock really hard! And then she moved that really big door without any explosives!" Meergal waves his hands side to side and with each action and almost exhausts himself with the movement before he finishes. "The Starfinders are super big geniuses! I'll listen to all of their words!"

***

Holsin looks about the cameras uncomfortably, as though they were as alien creatures held by the undead crew. That doesn't deter Wazasha as she questions him, "It seem that your clan has been living within a prison, living out a long lost past. Now that you know you are in the far future, what do your people do now?"

Holsin gives a concerned look to the cameras and after a moment answers, "this is all very strange. I don't know what is true or not, but I'm grateful for the aid we received here. I believe that our prayers were answered by these heroes and we will look for aid for us to learn what are place is among the sky, both from our saviors and any other that can hear our pleas."

Even as he says that a number of other dwarven members of the audience are linking and suggesting they would be able to offer aid to the displaced dwarves.

***

As the crew begins to shut down Wazasha calls out to the cameras and the party, "how about we hear how they're wrapping up the event in the studio?" Without a pause she pulls up a program on her wrist computer to play the live audio feed with Zo! shouting with excitement.

"What a discovery!" Zo!'s voice is loud and clear even over the comm, "What a destination! What a band of unlikely heroes! What could lie deeper in Salvation's End? Find out on the next episode of Live Exploration Extreme! when the Starfinder Society returns to-"

Luwazi cuts off Zo! mid-sentence as she calls out in alarm. "What?" She calls out loud enough that you can hear her clearly through the comm. "That was not part of our deal, Zo! You can't just add a sequel when we haven't-"

Zo!'s voice cuts back in quickly, "Ha ha! And now a word from our sponsors!" Immediately an add from Nova Solutions begins playing with loud lasers and explosions among blaring guitar riffs. Wazashi rolls her eyes and shuts down the program while ordering everyone to continue back to the surface.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Once back on the Exemplarion you find Luwazi somewhat frazzled as she looks to each of you. "I saw what the cameras showed, but I still want to hear your ... un-glamorized accounting of your expedition. Zo! is pushing hard to negotiate for additional filmed excursions and I want to know what you feel about this place before I even consider committing to anything."

"I'm also curious on your thoughts on the dwarven clan. There are already plans on the table to help them evacuate, but this will be a long road given that they have lived their entire lives here with no knowledge of the starts."

She sighs as she sees another message from Zo! appears on her comm before turning to the back to the party. "I am also curious to whether you believe there should be another episode of Live Exploration Extreme. This is certainly an unique mission and I want to know if you think if something like this should happen again."

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

"Hmm. It seems like an interesting promotional opportunity for the society. I would be willing to do it again."

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith raises an eyebrow at the ghoul's complicated questions. "I don't know who created it, but I believe they are other simulation chambers, maybe with other living beings still inside. I won't guess further. I prefer investigation."

When Meergal in interviewed, Lilith smiles. Later, she asks him if he would like to return to the Starfinder Society and learn to be a Starfinder. If I can ever make a goblin, I will totally name it Meergal and make it this one!

When speaking to Luwazi, Lilith thinks for a time. "The dwarves need help. We should bring them to the Starfinder Society to give them a place to stay while they learn about the galaxy. Then we can get them in contact with some of the Dwarven Star Citadels or other... dwarf groups? I don't know much about the dwarven people or their ways, but I'm sure these dwarves would appreciate the presence of more of their kin."

Lilith curls up her lip. "I have unfinished business here. I will return to Salvations End, even if it means I must be filmed again." After a moment she adds, "Actually, I kind of liked it. But, don't tell anyone."

I loved it!

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

"Hey, Meergal, want to come be a Starfinder with me?! It'll be fun!" Jastrow obviously hopes he does. Either way, he Meergal's friend.

When Luwazi asks him the questions, Jastrow says, "I would come back to this place. It's fascinating! And, I loved being on tv! I'd do that again."

This whole adventure was really cool. Thanks.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Meergal nods enthusiastically as the idea is presented. "Oh yes! I would love that! Then maybe I could get even better lasers and I become super smart like you all!"

***

"At the very least I'm glad you enjoyed this experience," says Luwazi as she smiles as you share your excitement. "As for the dwarves, that sounds like an excellent plan Lilith. We will get in contact with those dwarven clans to see about giving them aid. We might even see more missions from the dwarven clans in the future."

"Congratulations again on your mission Starfinders."

151 to 198 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GDVIII] GM Debug's 1-09: Live Exploration Extreme!!!!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.