[GDVIII] GM Debug's 1-09: Live Exploration Extreme!!!!!

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts


101 to 150 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

Oda knows what is going on here. She pumps her fist and lightly taps her own jaw before pantomiming collapsing.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Jastrow nods at Oda. "Oda's right! These dwarves aren't going to listen. They're too afraid of us and Oda! If we use non-lethal tactics we might be able to talk some sense into them after."

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

Kai shakes his head, sighs, and retrieves his pistol. He sets it to stun which takes an impressively long time: a whole move action! So that's my turn


The dwarven leader sidesteps and swings her axe hard, trying to cleave through Oda's armor and into Jastrow.

Axe v Oda: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 - 2 = 20
Damage: 1d12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 3 = 4

Axe v Jastrow: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 3 = 11

This time the swing is clean. Despite the fact that the weapon is not designed to tear through your style of armor, it seems as though some mystical enhancement makes it somewhat more effective... or at least... a little less ineffective. Jastrow certainly is left with a painful gash to show for it...

Round 2/3:
Dwarf Guards
Kai
Dwarf Leader (Demoralized)
Lilith
Oda (-4)
Jastrow (-11)

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

With a shake of her head Oda rocks back and aims a punch at the dwarven leader.

Hammer Fist, non-lethal: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 4 = 7 Damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Apparently dealing non-lethal damage is hard.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

"Ah!" Jastrow shrieks. "Why are you so mean?!"

He takes a guarded step back and casts his hands out, sending a little ray of fire at the dwarf leader. Eneergy ray.

Ranged Attack vs. EAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Fire Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

Lilith skips over to Jastrow and chants a little song. While she sings, colourful flowers bloom, wither, and disappear around her feet. She reaches out and touches Jastrow. Her hands glow green, and when she removes them his wounds are healed.

Healing Jastrow: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Mystic cure.


The guards seem to realize that their weapons have little effect on oda's weapon... but that their boss's mystic axe seems to work. They opt to assist her in bringing down their hated foe with some harrying attacks.

Moving them down in the initiative since they are readying to assist their leader. Also that way I can put you in block initiative and speed things up a bit.

Round 3/4:
Kai
Dwarf Guards
Dwarf Leader (Demoralized)
Lilith
Oda (-4)
Jastrow (-11)


Kai-bot
Trick Attack (Ex): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
electricity: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

The dwarf leader takes advantage of her guards positioning to hack quickly at Oda, hoping to fell her quickly.

Axe, Flank, Full, Traditional Enemy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 9
Axe, Flank, Full, Traditional Enemy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 12

Her blade clangs hard off of Oda's armor, but with no effect. The guards slowly maneuver themselves around Oda, one taking a quick attack in unison with the leader, and the other at the wounded Jastrow.

Pick vs Oda: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 5 = 0 Minimum 1

Pick vs Jastrow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Note for Oda, the dwarves are wearing archaic armor, and as such a regular unarmed attack with no modifiers can be used to deal nonlethal damage.

Round 5:
Dwarf Leader (-6)
Dwarf Guards
Lilith
Oda (-5)
Jastrow (-7)
Kai

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

was just getting on to post. Note that was non-lethal damage, since Kai spent an action last round to switch to stun. Will post this round now

"I hate to do this!" Kai says as he shoots at the leader. "I'm getting a translator as soon as I get back to the station..." he says to himself.

Trick Attack (Ex): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
1d8 ⇒ 3
called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
electricity: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Ok GM. I am going to walk this out. I am unsure how this should go and as such am discussing it now. As Armor Storm style soldier any unarmed strike I make is treated as being made with a battleglove (Hammer Fist), but in the CRB an unarmed strike is archaic and can deal nonlethal. So can I just choose my hammerfist to be nonlethal?


Kai: In starfinder, nonlethal damage is not tracked seperately. It matters for the last shot only. If your shot brings them to 0 or less and it was from a nonlethal source, they are KO'd and stable. Otherwise they are (probably) dead.
Oda: You can choose to just not use your fists and make an old fashioned unarmed strike, in which case it does normal unarmed strike damage instead of battleglove damage, but it would not incur the penalty to attack.

Kai fires another round from his stun gun, giving the leader quite a jolt.

Round 5:
Dwarf Leader (-11)
Dwarf Guards
Lilith
Oda (-5)
Jastrow (-7)

Kai

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda drives an elbow into the leader's jaw, at least she hopes to.

Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Damage: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

UGH. Why do these dice hate me?

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

With nothing else to defend himself right now, Jastrow pulls out a dagger and tries to stab the dwarf beside him with it.

Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Slashing Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

Lilith frowns at the dwarves, pulls out her pulse caster pistol, and fires it at the dwarf lady. Being sure to use non-lethal mode!

Ranged vs. EAC: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Nonlethal Electricity Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


The dwarf leader motions to her compatriots to close around their foes, then she turns and swings her axe down at Jastrow mere moments after he pulls his dagger out of her side.

Axe v KAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 3 = 2

Cleave into Kai: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Miss

Her blade graxes Jastrow, then clangs against Kai's armor and stops.

Flanking Picks vs Oda: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 111d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8 Both miss

The other two guard attempts to pick through Oda's armor, but prove completely ineffective.

Round 6:
Dwarf Leader (-13)
Dwarf Guards
Lilith
Oda (-5)
Jastrow (-7)
Kai

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

"You're in the way," Lilith tells the camera crew with a LOOK. "Back up." She has nowhere to move to with them right behind her, and so she can't shoot her gun or use her telekinetic powers. Instead she sighs heavily, pulls out a baton and tries to whack the dwarf lady with it.

Baton vs. KAC: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow shrieks. "OW!" He stabs the boss lady.

Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Slashing Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


The camera crew apologetically begins to shamble back after Lilith's request. With little option in the meanwhile though, Lilith brings her club down hard on the lead dwarf, and Jastrow thrusts his blade in quickly. The club drops her to her knees... and the blade drops her to the floor. One of the guards panicks and looks ready to book it, while the other seems insistent on seeing this out to the bitter end...

Round 6:
Dwarf Guards
Lilith
Oda (-5)
Jastrow (-7)
Kai

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

Kai tumbles his way to the far wall and levels his pistol at the dwarf about to retreat, then fires

acrobatics, avoid AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Trick Attack (Ex): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
1d8 ⇒ 5
called static arc pistol vs. EAC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
electricity, non lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Odabot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Kai's shot strikes the guard in the side causing him to seize up and slump over. Oda makes a quick punch for the second, but the dwarf duck out of the way, then turns and bolts.

Combat over!

The dwarf's leader doesn't seem to be in good shape, with the final gash leaving her barely clinging to life, but the other dwarf seems to have been effectively incapacitated by Kai's arc pistol.

You can make medicine checks to try to stabilize the dwarf leader.

The camera crew begins to spread out around to room, catching face shots of each of you.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

medicine, first aid, DC15: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

"Who was shooting to kill?" Kai asks, a little upset, as he kneels down and treats the dwarf woman's wounds to stabilize her.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda shakes her head at her ineffectiveness. Tapping out a message on her comm unit.

I tried to be friendly. I did not want to fight

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

"I did! She nearly killed me! Twice! It really hurt! Do you know how much it hurts to get stabbed like that? Didn't you hear me shouting 'ow' that wholesome? If Lilith hadn't have healed me I would've lost my insides!" He shakes his head. "But, I definitely don't want this lady to die. I think she was just scared, and confused, and mean, and racist. Can you heal her Lilith?"

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

Lilith looks unimpressed with the question. "I could. But, I tend not to heal people who try to kill me." Lilith watches the dwarf woman for a moment.

If it looks like the woman is stable after Kai worked on her, Lilith will use healing touch to heal her 5 damage, which takes 10 minutes. If she doesn't look stable, Lilith will feed her a healing serum, which heals 1d8 ⇒ 3.

"Fine."


Kai quickly lies her back on the ground and keeps her from choking, giving Lilith time to work her magic. After 10 minutes, the Dwarf comes to... and is looking very groggy... and scared.

In orcish, she mutters, slurring her words due to the injuries, "I am Ylga Tulgarst, daughter of Ulfrodi, speaker for my clan. We will not yield to the likes of you foul orc. The Quest for Sky will be continued after I am gone... and over your bodies."

As the camera crew spaces out to get good shots of the Starfinder's medical expertise, one of them pulls Kai aside and raises the background and cone of silence once again.

"So Mr Starchaser, you seemed to take objection to the tactics used by your fellow Starfinders in that last battle... would you care to explain?"

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda does not even dignify the dwarf's outburst with a response. She simply hands the dwarf leader a Serum of Healing 1, pats her on the shoulder and walks away.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

"Oda wanted us to take her alive, but someone nearly killed her. To be honest, though, in a fight like that sometimes people die even when you don't want them to. I got upset in the heat of the moment."

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

Lilith walks to Oda, who looks pretty upset, and gives her a pat on the back. She types to her.

"Good job out there. ...What did the dwarf say?"

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda types a message to Lilith She told me her mission will continue over our dead bodies and that I am a foul orc.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow takes a ten minute rest to regain his SP.

After hearing about what the dwarf said, hopefully, Jastrow looks confused. "The Quest for Sky? That happened like... AGES ago. Way, way, way before the Gap. It's ancient history. Why is this dwarf on the Quest for Sky?" He scratches his whiskers as he inspects her old fashioned, archaic weapons. "Uhhh..."

"Hey, Oda. Can you type this out in orc for me? I want to tell the dwarf. 'Hi! I'm Jastrow. I'm sorry to tell you, but the Quest for Sky happened a long time ago. The dwarves found the sky. It's right outside. Did you want to see? I can show you. Also, did you know you're inside a fake moon? It's an artificial complex. Are you prisoners here? Are there more of you here? After you see the sky, it will be easy to come back for any friends you might have.' "

Jastrow opens his comm unit, and flicks through the images on it, until he finds one of himself outside on his last trip to home, to Akiton. He shows the picture of himself outside to her. He flicks to the next image, and then another, so she can see. "See? Sky."

"WAIT!" Jastrow suddenly shouts. "Are you from GOLARION?"

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda translates for Jastrow, typing it phonetically so that he can speak it and be reasonably understood.


The dwarves look rather confused, but seem rather hostile given the scuffle. Eventually they decide that Jastrow's outbursts must have been a mistranslation.

Ylga spits at the Ysoki. "Where else would we be from... We have been here before you arrived and our clan will outlive you all!"

Wazashi prods Oda and gets the cameras pointed elsewhere, "The retreating dwarf is likely returning to the clan... We can get these guys cleaned up off camera and made comfortable until the show is a wrap, maybe the clan leaders are less bloodthirsty? Or more! Either way it'll make a great show!"

Kai, you can make a Diplomacy check to influence the audience during your interview.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

"I am literally showing them a picture of the sky! How can they think it's a trick?!?" Jastrow scratches his snout. "Well, I suppose, if they think the Quest for Sky isn't over, they've never actually seen the sky...." He sighs. After a moment he stops to think. "So how did these people get here, anyway? An artificial moon filled with vaults, and these have super confused dwarves in it?! They're not.... They're not ACTUALLY from Golarion somehow, are they?"

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

Lilith types to Oda. < That's not nice. >

"I have no idea what's going on. Let's follow them."

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda stands after 10 minutes and nods. She points after the dwarves, shoulders her cannon and follows.

Spent a resolve to get Stamina back.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow follows.


After a strange back and forth between the ranting dwarf, Jastrow, and Oda's typed out translations, it seems as though the dwarves think they are on Golarion right now.

Mysticism DC 11:
They mention the name 'Torag' several times with a degree of reverance. Torag was a major Dwarven deity to disappeared during the Gap.

A few of the camera crew break off to bring the captured Dwarves back to the hanger to clean up, and knowing them, interview, while the rest follow the starfinders as they follow the signs of the dwarves paths. Twisting through the underground cave network, you eventually find an underground river which winds its way up to what appears to be a crumbling encampment of sorts. Dust billows out from the crumbled ceiling... it seems as though some of this collapse was within the last hour.

And with that I hand you all off to the capable hands of GM Blazej

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Mysticism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Jastrow checks to see if the rock area is stable and safe to climb.

Engineering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Jastrow moves to check the rock and finds the area to be still shuddering with minor tremors. He does feel confident though that it will be stable enough to climb and traverse over the next few hours. Over the next few days this area will continue to have aftershocks and collapses.

As you move forward you hear additional calls and cries that sound similar to the cadence of the dwarves from before, but their cries are not from fury, but have panic and fear in their voices. Among their cries you hear the frantic hammering of tools against stone from the center of the encampment ahead.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda moves toward the sounds from the encampment. She is sure to have her cannon stowed as she approaches the presumably dwarves. She advances hands raised and assesses the situation.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

diplomacy, influence the audience during interview: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

mysticism, untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Kai, also with weapon stowed, moves forward with Oda. "We should help them." he says, looking for a way to get closer--preferably a safe one.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow hurries closer and peeks into the encampment/tunnel/whatever.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 0/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: Life Bubble

Lilith agrees with the others, and moves to check it out.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Various posts flood the data paths following Kai's answer as various audience members argue for their personal favorite party member with most declaring their own choice "the obvious best." Other posts regard the settlement with some trepidation as they contemplating what could be lurking within.

Passing through the settlement you find the signs of minor battles that have terrorized those here. There are laser burns on many of the buildings and all the buildings have had been modified to aid in defense.

Lilith and Oda are able to follow the noise and find a group of yet more dwarves wearing cloth and leather. There are a couple dozen moving before the building at the center of the settlement, several are holding metal picks and shovels and hammer away frantically at a large collapsed boulder now barring the entrance.

A few of their number are warily inspecting a nearby freshly created fissure. Based on the position it might also lead into blocked building, but show a fear of diving through the crevasse.

As you come within sight they move defensively as they look toward the party and your zombified and skeletal camera crew. Much of their focus falls upon Oda. A few hold their picks ready for a fight, but even they seem to have little warrior training and aren't willing to throw themselves into a fight. Seeing Oda's non-threatening actions one calls out to the party in the Orcish tongue, "Who are you and where do you come from? Disaster has befallen us and our head priest is trapped inside. What brings you here to our homestead now?"

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda taps out a response on her comm unit. We are Starfinders. Our group are explorers and we carry weapons only for protection. Will you allow us to help with this problem?

She keeps her weapon in a neutral of a position as possible for a light reaction cannon. She waits for permission before approaching the fallen rock.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The dwarves stare confused as Oda works on her comm unit as the process the response, they shrug off further questions to focus on the immediate crisis. The lead dwarf looks nervously at her fellows before declaring in Orcish, "We are the Marbleheart and I accept your aid here. We need to move quickly. Holsin is trapped inside and we have not heard and response from him since the collapse. We have tried to break through the walls and boulder, but we don't have the tools or weapons to break through. We might be able to move the boulder, but so far we haven't been able to make it budge more than inch."

You see one of the undead crew holding up and monitoring a view of Zo! and the studio audience while a subtitles feed down one side of the screen translating the dwarven explanation.

She moves and gestures to the fissure before continuing, "The break opened this path over here. We think that it might lead into the temple, but there is some strange ichor running through the cracks. We have hesitated sending others into it, especially it if is like the poison the other orcs have sent after our people."

"We don't know what your ... wands are capable of," she says while motioning toward Oda's light reaction cannon, "but I plead that we act quickly."

Wazasha moves up to your side to the mild discomfort of the dwarves, she swipes through her wrist computer before telling the party. "In order to encourage audience investment, Zo! has called for an audience vote to help determine what you should do next."

She brings up the active poll on her computer display as the votes feed in favoring the fissure. Taking a moment to turn to the dwarf Wazasha addresses her in Orcish, "Ma'am, would you mind repeating the options for the rescue again?"

The dwarves shift uncomfortably at this process proceeds, but not knowing any of the details she follows the request.

She repeats the option to move the boulder blocking the entrance the building with force, tools, or a communal effort. The rock is heavy to cause serious injury if the boulder's movement isn't controlled. The display of votes surges in favor of moving the boulder with this declaration.

Following that she mentions the fissure again, it is unexplored, unknown, but likely leads into the temple from the rear. It is filled with some unknown liquid that they haven't been unable to clear away.

As she describes the unknown liquid the votes change and make it clear the audience wishes the party to proceed into the fissure.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda moves to the boulder, braces her feet, bends her knees (keeping her back straight, spine health is important) and readies to heave with anyone else who will aid.

Strength Check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

As a reminder, you take extra risks for the sake of being awesome on camera and appeal to the fans watching from above. When attempting a skill check you can take a -4 penalty to do so in a flashy audience-pleasing manner.

***

The dwarves see Oma's motion and move to follow while shaking off any lingering concerns they have for the moment. Wazashi calls out and moves close to the Oda with the camera team following close behind and focused on Oda.

"Oda, the audience polls are recommending entering the building through the crack in the wall. Your fans are hurt as you ignore their pleas. Is there a reason you are ignoring their advice?" The cameras are focused on both Oda and her comm unit as they look for an answer while the dwarves are taken aback, and are confused, by the affair.

Unless deciding to go down the fissure, Oda could attempt a skill check along with an action or statement to convince the audience why they are ignoring the vote.

If the party does decide to move the boulder Wazasha will ask the same question to the entire party for everyone to respond to the question and make their own checks.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 1/18 HP 20/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I saw the poll said move the boulder and went to it. My mind was filled with focus at moving this heavy rock. I didn't see the vote swing.

She stop trying to lift the boulder. She mimes lifting, struggling then shakes her head. She points at the fissure and the unknown liquid. Not wasting a moment she strides toward the fissure, closes her suit's vents and wades in.

101 to 150 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GDVIII] GM Debug's 1-09: Live Exploration Extreme!!!!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.