[GDVIII] GM Debug's 1-09: Live Exploration Extreme!!!!! (Inactive)

Game Master DebugAMP

Maps and Handouts


51 to 100 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith tells the creature, "Don't worry! We'll save you from the goblins!" She circles around the creature, toward the red goblin. I move so I don't provoke.

With a slight smirk she raises her hands, and thrusts them forward. One of the cameras flies right at the red goblin, lens first, and smack it in the head! Telekinetic projectile.

Attack vs. KAC: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1


AoO: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The spicodrath swipes out with one claw as Oda rushes past and scored a painful wound on the soldier's leg. Nonetheless, she pushes forward and delivers a crushing blow to the first goblin... quite a crushing blow. With one swing, the goblin slumps over, space suit breeched. It takes the combined efforts of the rest of the party, but the second succumbs as well. The Spicodranth looks at the camera crew, looks back at the party, then looks at the goblins. It shudders, hisses, than runs into a corner. The camera crew moves forward to get a wide shot of the room, and it begins getting increasingly nervous.

Lilith, you can attempt a Diplomacy check to calm down the Spicodranth.
Others can aid another if they wish.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda moves back to the group and looms over Lilith's shoulder as she attempts to calm the creature.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Diplomacy to AID: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith approaches the spicodranth, speaking in a calming voice.

"There, there. It's alright. We're your friends. Do you want some garbage? I know you like to eat garbage..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

She tries to lead the creature to some food.

Aww, shucks.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

"Here, let me try." Kai says softly and then tries to calm the creature down.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Whoops, that was supposed to be Survival, not Diplomacy, and given everyone's survival bonuses and Lilith's ability to speak with animals, and the questions she asked earlier I'm just going to call that a pass and move forward.

The Spicodranth snaps and hisses a few times, then when it realizes that nobody is beating it with a dogslicer, it slowly calms down. It slinks into a corner and curls up, munching on the top quality garbage provided by Lilith.

The camera crew moves about, getting good shots of the floor, the creature, and the fallen goblins as one of them brings the backdrop-bot over to Oda.

"Looks like you had control of the situation very well, but you seemed to take the brunt of the attacks from that creature while everyone else got off scot-free! That must really make you mad!"

Final status:
Oda (-17)

What do you wish to do now?

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

If no-one minds and we have time I would like to spend 10 minutes and 1 resolve to get all my stamina back.

Oda holds up a hand and sits down between the spicodranth and the group. She watches the creature while taking a few moments to regather her strength.


When Oda makes the sign for a break, Wazasha steps in front of the camera. "Now for a word from our commercial sponsors!"

Another undead steps forward. "Aaaand... CUT!"

Wazasha pulls out a megaphone and calls out to the crew. "Break time, start filming again in 10!" Looking at Oda she adds, "We'll finish up that interview once we go back on the air."

She pulls out her personal comm and begins flipping through a social media feed of fans of the show, shaking her head at some comments, laughing at others. Makes you wonder what people are saying about you guys doesn't it?

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow gets spends the ten minutes getting more food for the spicodranth. Then he smiles at it.

Eventually he wanders over to Wazasha. "What are they saying? I've never been a public figure before..."

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith types a message to Oda.

Oda:
"Thank you for trusting me, and not harming the creature. :)"

Then she continues to befriend the creature for the next ten minutes while Oda rests.

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

Kai makes a frustrated gesture about the 10 minute wait; his first expression of annoyance since this thing started.

He looks around for anything interesting about this base they hadn't already noticed. (Probably) finding nothing he just sits down, biding his time.


Wazasha points to Jastrow's com. "See for yourself."

Poking around on the show's infosphere site shows profiles for all of you, along with lots of fan commentary.

SMCFan42 - Oda is BORING! Never says a THING! Who let her on this show?
HotShot47 - SMCFan42, are you kidding? She took two nasty bites from that thing and HARDLY FLINCHED! #MyHero
SMCFan42 - The real #MyHero is Lilith! She's got a way with animals for sure! The rodent AND the Spicodranth!
HotShot47 - Ummm... that rodent is Jastrow... didn't you even watch the intro? SMH.

It goes on for quite a while...

Computers DC 11 to quickly weed through the crowd comments:

Jastrow seems to be well liked due to his constant chatter. The action fans are hoping to see some more derring-do as things progress.
Lilith got some flak early on from her interview, but the audience seems to be warming to her. Her PU pose is rapidly becoming a meme.
Oda has some hardcore followers for her no-nonsense attitude, but her lack of speech holds her back. Playing up the 'strong silent' type trope could use that to an advantage.
Kai is still seen as a bit of a blank slate. Not many fans, but at least no complaining.

One of the camera men runs over to Kai. "Hey hey! Not until after break! Besides, union rules... gonna have to have a breather at some point anyways, may as well be after that display."

The Spicodrath is still a bit nervous after being forced to fight, but by the time the camera crew is setting up again, it's happily following Lilith around at the heel. After a while, one of the crew comes up to her. "Hey, we can escort the beastie back to the docking bay if you'd like. We'll get her cleaned up and fed and keep her out of danger."

As the break comes to a close, Wazasha sets the backdrop back up for Oda and calls one of the cameramen over. "Picking up where we left on... 3-2-1... ACTION!"

The cameras start rolling all throughout the crew, and she returns to her interview. "Looks like you had control of the situation very well, but you seemed to take the brunt of the attacks from that creature while everyone else got off scot-free! That must really make you mad!"

While the interview is going on, the other crew motion for the party to investigate the center of the room. The goblin gear is all jury-rigged and is worth at least some credits as scrap but not terribly useful. Looking up however reveals a gaping tunnel into... who knows where?

Climbing up will require an Athletics check.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

As far as I know sign language is not a thing in SFS.

Oda takes up her comm unit. She taps out a response to Wazasha on the touch pad. My role is to stand in the front and protect those behind. It is what a soldier does for their unit. It does not make me mad. There is no greater joy than in service.

She casts a glance at the rest of her group clearly showing her eagerness to go, but not wanting to be rude to this reporter.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Computers: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Jastrow stands at the bottom of the tunnel and looks up. "Hmmm... Interesting... Ready team? ...Let's go!"

He looks around for some rope or climbing gear, then creates a makeshift grappling hook out of some of the scrap he collected earlier. Then he tosses it up the shaft and tries to make it hook on something. He gives the rope a tug... And if it's safe he tries to climb up it.

Engineering to make stuff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Athletics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith doesn't bother looking through her comm unit at all, not caring what other people think of her or the show.

She pats the spicodranth and plays with it. When the crew member offers to take the animal out of danger she nods. "Yes, thank you. Keep her safe and happy. When we're done here I'll have her returned to her natural habitat. She'll be happiest that way."

When it's time to go she follows Jastrow to the tunnel. If his rope held she tries to climb up it too. If she can take her time she will try to, (Can I take a 20 or a take 10? If not, rolling below)

Athletics: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

When the crew release her Oda will move to the rope. She stands there ready to help other up the rope.

Athletic Assist: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

She then climbs up herself.

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Sign language absolutely is a thing in SFS. In fact I've even seen it called out in a scenario. Any time you can learn a language you can choose to learn the sign version of a language that you know instead.

Wazasha smiles and looks back at the camera, "There you have it! Not afraid to take a beating... one tough soldier!"

Within a minute, Jastrow's communicator is buzzing with photos of Oda holding up her touch pad with various amusing phrases edited in.

Oda, go ahead and give me an Intimidate check.

Athletics (Lilith #2, Kai): 1d20 ⇒ 171d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Jastrow has a difficult time finding anything usable as any reasonable length of rope, but he is able to fashion some makeshift hand-holds to make ascending much easier. Lilith slips down as one of the footholds gives way, but quickly scrambles up afterwards. As the party moved deeper in, the camera crew quickly attaches cables and grapplers to bring their equipment up and follow along as quickly as possible.

The region beyond is a large cavern that sparkles with phosphorescent fungi with caps nearly 10 feet in diameter. You hear some shouting in the distance in a language that none of you recognize.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


It appears as though the most common meme for Oda now is a picture of her holding her tablet up glaring at the screen, with the words, "Less talk, more shoot." originally posted by HotShot47 and reposted by xXTheRealEnvarXx. SMCFan42 appears to have given up for now.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith nods to Jastrow and Oda. "Let's go."

She lets Oda go first, then follows behind her.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow types a few phrases in defence of Oda into his comm unit. Then he follows Oda deeper into the cavern, being sure to move slowly and cautiously.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Getting to the top Oda looks around scanning for threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

"Hey, Lilith. Do you have a spell you can use to understand that?"

"I'll scout it out." Kai offers and then sneaks ahead, pistol drawn.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith shakes her head. "No. Can you?"


Washaza motions for the cameras to point away a moment before admonishing Jastrow. She points at his comm, and holds up her own showing a copy of his message in defense of Oda. "No breaking the fourth wall."

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Kai steps forward, moving deeper into the large cavern and a few of the undead get as far forward as Oda before taking a knee to mess with the zoom controls from afar. From the darkness, a short stocky woman emerges followed by two males of similar stature. The two 'bodyguards' as it seem to be carrying... crossbows? They looks side to side for the source of the noises from downstairs. As they approach, the leader points towards Kai and she calls out to him in an unknown language. With no apparent response, she repeats herself in a couple others before beginning to look frustrated.

Thus far, none of the languages make any sense to the rest of you either, but they are currently mostly out of sight, much to the camera crew's chagrin.

Life Science DC 11:
They appear to be dwarves... although they look a bit far removed from most dwarves you've seen on absalom station.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow looks at wazasha. "I have no idea what that means."

Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Seeing the stocky people, Jastrow cocks his head. "I'm sorry. I don't understand you. Do you speak common?"

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Life Science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Lilith peers into the darkness. "They're dwarves." She steps forward. "I don't speak dwarven." She switches between a few other languages.

Castrovelian:
"Do you speak this tongue?"

Elven:
"Do you speak this tongue?"

Ysoki:
"Do you speak this tongue?"


She looks at Jastrow as he approaches and cocks her head. She thinks for a moment and says, "Critical error... sequence initiated?" They look at each other as Lilith speaks and all shake their heads.

Sense Motive DC 15:
She seems to recognize common but not understand it. Like she's heard some computers repeat certain phrases but she doesn't really know what it actually means.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

If Lilith has no success Oda will tap a message on her comm unit and show it to the dwarves.

Orc:
Hello. We are here exploring, and you?


As Oda approaches, they step back and level their crossbows.

The lead dwarf yells in passable Orcish, <You! You've come to kill us too? We will not go down without a fight!>

The guards mutter quickly to one another in what is likely Dwarven, but it's clear that they are somewhat confused about this whole situation.

After a moment, the lead dwarf peeks at the comm unit and spits. <Exploring for what? More for your younglings to kill?>

All dialog in < > is in Orcish. Assuming that evertually Oda will text you the meanings, but for now anyone who can't understand it, act appropriately.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Moving slowly Oda reaches into a pocket in her armour and pulls out her Starfinder Insignia. Keeping her hands moving slowly she shows it to the lead dwarf. She then points to the rest of her team before again pointing to her Insignia.


The dwarves take a step back back and level their crossbows at Oda, and the lead keeps her hand on a mining pick at her side. She looks at the insignia and shakes her head. <What the [ORCISH EXPLETIVE DELETED] is that supposed to mean? Should I be kowtowing now?>

You can either give me a diplomacy check to convince them that you really have no intent to enslave them, or a bluff or intimidate check to force their cooperation. One person makes the check, the rest can aid (with the same skill check). Everyone except Oda suffers a -4 penalty to this check, but can attempt a DC 15 culture check to reduce the penalty to -2.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I work for the Starfinder Society. We are explorers and knowledge seekers, not slavers. I was once a slave myself to those on Aposte. I would not see it done to others.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

And with that I sink us. Sorry all. I have a +7 to intimidate and would have used it if I wasn't trying to be "nice" but even then it would have only been a 9.


Feel free to make your aid another checks. While as you can probably guess you won't be making that roll pass, you may prevent me from invoking the 'if you really really fail' option.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow smiles his nicest smile.

Diplomacy to AID: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Lilith takes off her wood-bead necklace with a charm hand carved into a beautiful flower. She places it in her hands and holds it out to the dwarf leader as an offering.

Diplomacy to AID: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14


The dwarf looks at Lilith with suspicion, then at the grinning Jastrow. One of them yells something in dwarven and points his crossbow at Oda, finger on the trigger clearly intending to fire.

Initiative:

Jastrow: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Lilith: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Oda: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Kai: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Ylga: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Seekers: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Round 1:
Jastrow
Dwarf Guards
Kai
Dwarf Leader
Lilith
Oda

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

that's it. I'm getting a translator device after this scenario.


Jastrow waves his arms around and chants a bit. Suddenly a big bug scuttles around the corner behind the dwarves, waving its feathery antennae at them. A classic rust monster! It scuttles forward some more, right at the dwarves.

Casting holographic image. The illusory rust monster comes from the room behind them, twitches around, and stops nearby them as placed.

EDIT: Something went wrong and Jastrow's post showed up under Lilith's user profile. Sorry. This is mine though.


The guards split up, one firing at Jastrow and the other at the rust monster.

Attack v Jastrow KAC: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Attack v Illusion (AC 5): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Will Save: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

The dwarves seem incredibly nervous. The first one fires a shot at Jastrow's feet, and the second seems so focused on the combat at hand that he doesnt realize that the bolt went straight through the rust monster without making a sound. The leader seems a bit... suspicious though.

Round 1:
Jastrow
Dwarf Guards
Kai
Dwarf Leader
Lilith
Oda

Wayfinders

Male NG human spacefarer operative 3 | SP 21 HP 22 | RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +6 | Darkvision, Perc: +8, SM: +2 | Speed 40ft | Trick Attack, Survival (1d20+13), 1d8

huh. Not sure what to do here. We don't really want to fight these dwarves.

Kai places his static arc pistol on the ground and displays his open, empty hands.


The dwarf leader eyes the arc pistol and shouts a warning. She steps between Oda and Lilith, then swings her axe in a wide arc.

Axe vs Oda: 1d1 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

It clangs harmlessly off of a corner of wall, and lightly taps Oda's armor instead.

The camera crew slowly edges in to get good shots of the action.

Round 1/2:
Dwarf Guards
Kai
Dwarf Leader
Lilith
Oda
Jastrow

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Oda stands her ground, looks the leader dead in the eye and flexes her bulk making her armour creek.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

She motions for the leader to set down the weapon.

This is a check to demoralize rather than influence, but i am hoping that he sees sense. Can I ready to attack if they make aggressive actions?

Incase I can ready:
Hammerfist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Damage: 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 = 18


Demoralize is a standard action, so you don't have another action left to ready. Also, they've all at least tried to shoot you. They are just... lousy combatants apparently.

Acquisitives

"Oda Umox" Female LN Half-Orc Soldier 2 (Mercenary) (Star Knight) | SP 0/18 HP 12/20 | RP 4/4 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +5; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I have posted the demoralised, and so I will stay with it. Sad to leave that roll there but that is life

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 7/7, HP: 5/7, RP: 4/5 | EAC 13, KAC 14, CMD 22 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:+2 R:+1 W:+2 | Init +1 | Perc +4, Social +0, Sense Motive +0 | Computers +9, Engineering +10, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +4, Physical Science +8, Stealth +5, Survival +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 1/3 | Spell Cache: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None.

Jastrow concentrates on his hologram, getting the rust monster to step forward and wave its antennae at the dwarf, narrowly missing it's tasty looking metal gear.

"Come on," Jastrow exclaims, waving his warms around and beckoning the dwarves to come towards him and flee from the rust monster. "This way! We can escape it this way!"

Concentrating on his illusion as a standard action.

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Lilith nods along with Jastrow and moves over so she has a good view of Jastrow's hologram (provoking from the dwarf leader). She beckons the dwarves to run toward them from it. "Yeah, this way. I'll hold it off."

Lilith raises her hand and sends a nearby rock flying at the rust monster! She's actually aiming for the space above the rust monster, to make sure she misses it.

Telekinetic Projectile (wall behind the rust monster): 1d20 ⇒ 11


Lilith Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Dwarf Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The leader is really confused by Lilith's attack. She barks out a few orders to her compatriots, and they reorganize to try to keep the rust monster moving towards you as they focus their assault on Oda, ditching their crossbows and closing with picks.

Pick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 5 = 0

Pick: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 5 = -1

Their weapons appear to be nearly useless against Oda's armor.

Sense Motive DC 15:
Between the language barrier and what appears to be a complete lack of understanding of your equipment, they are pretty panicked, and pretty aggressive. Unfortunately it seems as though they have an inherent distrust or hatred of Orcs, and as Oda is the only with with a shared language they are even more hostile. It will likely be nigh impossible to talk them down, but if forced to sit and listen (i.e. beat them down with nonlethal damage) you may be able to talk some sense into them.

Round 2/3:
Dwarf Guards
Kai
Dwarf Leader (Demoralized)
Lilith
Oda
Jastrow

Exo-Guardians

| SP: 5/5, HP: 10/10, RP: 4/4 | EAC 10, KAC 11, CMD 19 | DR: -- Resistances: -- | F:-1 R:+0 W:+5 | Init +0 | Perc +3, Diplomacy +5, Social +1, Sense Motive +3 | Acrobatics +3, Life Sciences +8, Mysticism +7, Piloting +4, Sleight of Hand +4, Survival +9 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 3/3 | Healing Touch: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

51 to 100 of 198 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GDVIII] GM Debug's 1-09: Live Exploration Extreme!!!!! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.