Blazej - Hao Jin Cataclysm: 5-6 CORE [Gameday VII] (Inactive)

Game Master Zynete

Maps and Handouts


251 to 300 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Live Exploration Extreme Maps

There are various skill checks on how to convince the dragon, I'll hold off on presenting the options for now (for the weekend at most) as we go through this conversation.

The dragon turns and looks upon the paladin up and down and seems wary as the she takes in the words. "This temple is entirely functional, but it is the rest of this plane that is broken. My ancestors promised to Hao Jin that they would preserve the balance and harmony through this tapestry. I have taken that promise as well."

"Balance is wrong within the tapestry and it draws from the waters too strongly. If left open, the fountain may be broken as well and then balance would be gone forever. So I turned it off! I will restore it once harmony is restored to the plane."

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

"I have heard tales of one such as you. You are a sovereign dragon! Your kin originates from Tian Xia and are keepers of balance and harmony in this world." Seiran exclaims.

"we are here to preserve it like my companion has stated. Could you tell us more on how the waters are drawn to strongly from."

Liberty's Edge

Femle Human Paladin 6 | Init +5 | HP: 33|46 | AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 FF) | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F:+11, R:+8, W:+8, Immune Fear, Disease, +2 vs charm and compulsion | Per: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30 |
Resources:
Inspire 18|18, Lay on Hands 0|7; Reroll: used
Buffs:
Longstrider
| Conditions:

Our group contains many specialists in arcane matters, perhaps they could help to identify and fix these probelms, the lack of water is having a detrimental effect on the inhabitants.

Auto aid Seiran

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The repair teams have patched the rift beneath the Muckmouth. They discovered that the tapestry itself is generating massive amounts of necromantic energy around the rifts. The Muckmouth is secured!

GMs, the Muckmouth Secured condition on Page 10 is now in effect!


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The Muckmouth Lizardfolk are aiding Pathfinders with their healing resources. Once during the adventure the party heals 3d6 points of damage as though using an Aid Token.

"I'm glad you are as well versed in my kind, then you should understand I do not act without reason. The waters flow throughout much of the realm through this channel. After the recent imbalance, the waters had begun leaking through the rifts. The fountain increased the output, but it seemed clear to me that leaving it open would be horrible!"

"How should I describe it," she ponders and muses for a moment, all the while keeping a eye on the party. "It is as though the world is a basin, cracks have formed throughout and now water leaks through. As such, it was prudent to continuing to pour waters down those leaks until the basin is fixed."

"While I concede that the plight of the other creatures is of consideration, if the fountain is damaged during this, then this realm would fall out of balance and become a desert wasteland at best. If your group is specialized in the arcane and are able identify and fix the problems, then why not do that? After the repairs are done I will allow the fountain to flow once more. That way there is minimal risk to the artifact itself."

More than aiding the native life, The mission brief mentioned that the water source could be used in the efforts to repair the tapestry. It didn't go into detail on why that was the case though. You could make a Knowledge (nature or planes) check to accurately explain how the water "leaking" has been helping maintain the plane.

She seems to enjoy the brief and proper acknowledgement of her kind and nature. You might be able to play upon that knowledge and appeal to her inherent noble and honorable nature Knowledge (arcana or nobility)

Continued varied appeals or offers might reveal more options.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter/1 Rogue/4 Shadowdancer/1 HP 45/45 AC21|T 16|FF 16 CMD 21* Fort +5|Ref +11|Will +3/+5 vs. enchantments Init +5* Perc +12 Low-light|Sense Motive +7

"The people who sent us here told us that the waters of the fountain could be useful in repairing the damage to the Tapestry. I don't know how that was supposed to work, though--I am no scholar."

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

I don't have the skills for Nature or planes, perhaps someone can do it?
I don't speak Raptor. lol

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19
Seiran Leogil wrote:

I don't have the skills for Nature or planes, perhaps someone can do it?

You do have a way better shot are arcane then I do though

"My colleague here can explain it much better then I ever could but I think that..."

Assist on knowledge (any actually due to Bardic knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

With some over-active head-bobbing and tail-lashing, as well as the painfully slow use of the ground as a writing tablet, Radagast does his best to explain why the water is needed to maintain planar integrity, and to maintain the fragile ecosystem of the plane.

Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29.

Liberty's Edge

Femle Human Paladin 6 | Init +5 | HP: 33|46 | AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 FF) | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F:+11, R:+8, W:+8, Immune Fear, Disease, +2 vs charm and compulsion | Per: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30 |
Resources:
Inspire 18|18, Lay on Hands 0|7; Reroll: used
Buffs:
Longstrider
| Conditions:

Hortensia stands at the back looking noble and stoic.

She has none of those skills

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The repair teams have patched the rift at the Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment. The nightmare is over, and Korada’s faithful now lend us their aid! The Temple is secured!

GMs, the Temple Secured condition on page 11 is in effect!

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The waters of the Eternal Lake flow once more, and our repair teams have patched the nearby rift. The kappas make for strange companions, but they have pledged unending loyalty to the Society. The Eternal Lake is secured!

GMs, the Eternal Lake Secured condition on page 11 is in effect!

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Aid another kn-nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Yer right, Bert. That does remind me of that time when Ma had me climb down into the well to dig out the muck at the bottom so we could get more water out."

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The repair teams have patched the rift at Round Mountain. Be on the lookout! Before closing the rift, the team glimpsed a mysterious sailing vessel lurking in the Astral Plane. Round Mountain is secured!

In addition, the repair teams have patched the rift at Slave Mountain. Many slaves are now free, and they have pledged their aid! Slave Mountain is also secured!

GMs, the Round Mountain Secured (page 10) and Slave Mountain Secured (page 11) conditions are both in effect.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

Knowledge (Arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"With your aid, we can help to repair this. There are other creatures that need that water and I'm told that the waters can help restore the tapestry. Aid us." he pleads.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The dragon narrows her gaze as she judges Tere and his posture. "And I expect that those who sent you here weren't expecting me to be here. This fountain is one of the relics that Hao Jin placed in here. My ancestors promised to maintain that and that task has fallen to me. I know nothing of your group and my mother and father would judge me harshly if I were to hand access to any stranger. Who are you and what does your group stand for?"

She watches and gives a low thunderous growl that grows as Radagast goes through and the messages are related to her. She listens to the entire argument but the tension remains and snaps when Seiran relates the request. "What you say and how you act don't seem to match! You make your demands that the fountain be restored as though the water is needed immediately, but then you spend time slowly relaying knowledge from your scaled companion or from stories from your youths!"

She rears up as stands at full attention toward the party, "I am the guardian of this place and you treat me flippantly. Would you do this to my parents or elder siblings? Do you judge me as unworthy of proper respect because of my size?"

There are various bonuses from the various allies coming to the aid of the Society now that you have helped them:

The faithful of Korada disperse from the temple to provide healing to the Pathfinders. Once during the adventure, the PCs can activate this benefit to instantaneously cure every PC of the following conditions: fatigued, shaken, sickened, dazed, and staggered.

With the gifts of water you granted the kappas of the lake profess eternal gratitude and heap praise upon the Pathfinders. The group gains one free use of the Aid Token’s Timely Inspiration benefit (inspire courage +2 for 3 rounds) that the PCs can activate at their discretion.

The spherical mountain has stabilizes and the ratfolk are able to aid the Society in navigating the tapestry. At the beginning of one encounter, the PCs can activate this benefit to increase their land speed by 10 feet for the duration of the encounter.

The slaves you saved from the duergar have made their way out to their villages and are now armed and ready to battle the malevolent forces in the tapestry. At the beginning of one encounter, the PCs can activate this benefit to gain 18 temporary hit points that last until the end of the encounter.

Liberty's Edge

Femle Human Paladin 6 | Init +5 | HP: 33|46 | AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 FF) | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F:+11, R:+8, W:+8, Immune Fear, Disease, +2 vs charm and compulsion | Per: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30 |
Resources:
Inspire 18|18, Lay on Hands 0|7; Reroll: used
Buffs:
Longstrider
| Conditions:

Hortensia steps forward, I assure you we mean no disrespect but we believe that by turning off the water you may, inadevertantly, be creating more problems rather than solving them. I implore you to allow us to at least review the fountain, under your wise supervision of course.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Our new allies on the patchwork plane have granted the repair teams access to the rift, and it is repaired. These allies can help in the coming battles. The Patchwork Allies are secured!

GMs, the Patchwork Allies Secured condition on page 11 is in effect!


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Raising her head higher she faces and watches Hortensia as she pleads they Pathfinder cause.

One might be able to expand on the compliments onto the dragon with Perform (oratory) or Sense Motive.

As is stands the party, but default, can present an aggressive posture. Using Bluff would allow one to feign helplessness, subservience, or hold an entirely non-aggressive posture to avoid challenging the dragon.

***

Negotations with other Pathfinder teams with various factions within the tapestry, along with the ones you spoke with, have went well and they are joining the fray. You gain one free use of the Aid Token's Allied Offensive benefit.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

Seiran ponders how he would break it to the young ignorant but well meaning dragon.
While he's pondering he waits to see if the rest has a better idea.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter/1 Rogue/4 Shadowdancer/1 HP 45/45 AC21|T 16|FF 16 CMD 21* Fort +5|Ref +11|Will +3/+5 vs. enchantments Init +5* Perc +12 Low-light|Sense Motive +7

"Is there anything we can do to ease the impact of restoring the fountain? We are quite capable."

Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Perform (Oratory): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

"You are truly one of the most Magnificent creatures I've ever laid my eyes on"

Thran engages the creature with a lofty telling of praises.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar whistles tunelessly to himself as he turns his back and moves away. If he has to hear any more blustering from this foolishly arrogant beast, he may just have to slaughter it, consequences be damned.

Sorry. Urktar just won't grovel, ingratiate or play helpless. Doesn't mean I want team to fail, just not Urktar's way.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

If you did say anything or act in a fashion aside from the options you were given, including berating the dragon directly, it would only assist with the interaction unless I state otherwise. Poor dice rolls might negatively impact the party but roleplay would not.

Thran's praise goes a long way to mollify the dragon as she flies upward winding through the air. "Very well. I judge that your plans reasonable and your group trustworthy to allow me to grant you access to the fountain. I will work with you to restore the fountain and hold here to see that none other interfere with the water's flow." She aids with opening the vaults doors and the magical incantations to restart the fountain once more. Soon the ravine is filled with water once more.

The kappa themselves are overjoyed as they swim through the waters and cheer the party. "Oh! Yes! You are masters of all water! You give much more water! Rivers and lakes of water!"

Even as overjoyed they be, they move in close and speak softly wary of things hiding about. "The time grows late in the day though and all you seem to be growing tired. Be careful as you sleep as many of us and others that are not us have been having horrible nightmares. Dreams of darkness, clawed hands, evil laughter, and whispered threats."

One pops in with a correct as they object with a whisper. "Not like our whispers, our whispers are warning of threats. Very different."

"The waters, although very nice and appreciated, carry more ill tidings of somethings or someones lingering around. Watch out for strangers, stranger than even you, with purple skin and evil eyes."

Grand Lodge

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Aram Zey stands once more before the tapestry, a renewed light in his sunken eyes. “The Hao Jin Tapestry is stable at last. While you were performing your duties, I have reached a better understanding of the chaos you faced. The tapestry is still in dire condition. Lacking Hao Jin’s own magic, the tapestry has been using small pieces of departing souls to maintain itself over the centuries. This mechanism is depleting the tapestry’s water sources and spawning undead horrors. However, thanks to you, we have time to search for a more permanent fix. For now, get some rest, and—”

The former Master of Spells staggers back as a three-foot tear down the center of the fabric gouts sudden flame. Pathfinder agents flock around him, scrambling to assess the damage. A vein pops out on his forehead, and he yells sharply, “Pathfinders! What have you done?” He cuts himself short, taking a deep breath and muttering to himself, “Keep it together. Don’t take it out on the agents.” Frowning, he returns his gaze to the tapestry, his eyes darting wildly across its surface. When he speaks again, his voice is low and determined, “This new rift is no accident. Something is attacking the tapestry from the Astral Plane. Damage of this magnitude must have spawned hundreds more undead. Quickly, re-enter the demiplane and fend off the invaders!”

GMs, please begin part 3!


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

This has happened after another day after the party has had a chance to rest, recover from their wounds, and restore their magic.

Now though the party is called upon to act quickly to fight back to the enemies from within and without. What does the party face?

You can choose to fight either the undead coming from the damage from the tapestry or drive back the astral invaders.

Liberty's Edge

Femle Human Paladin 6 | Init +5 | HP: 33|46 | AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 FF) | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F:+11, R:+8, W:+8, Immune Fear, Disease, +2 vs charm and compulsion | Per: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30 |
Resources:
Inspire 18|18, Lay on Hands 0|7; Reroll: used
Buffs:
Longstrider
| Conditions:

The undead are the enemy of all life! We should face them now friends, before they have time to organise!

Whichever direction they set off on Hortensia will try and activate her wand of longstrider.

UMD: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter/1 Rogue/4 Shadowdancer/1 HP 45/45 AC21|T 16|FF 16 CMD 21* Fort +5|Ref +11|Will +3/+5 vs. enchantments Init +5* Perc +12 Low-light|Sense Motive +7

Tere nods and prepares for a fight.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

A gaping hole mars the sky of the tapestry. As astral invaders deploy, every fiber of the tapestry begins to unravel. The tapestry’s soul stitching is out of control; wild undead rip their way out of the demiplane, causing damage faster than the tapestry can repair.

You hear Aram Zey's voice speak through the tapestry. "The undead are strongest at the tapestry's ancient ruins. Cut this problem off at its source."

You quickly cast your spells and make your way to the ruins and find rends and tears within the fabric of the reality holding this plane together. Undead form and burst from the fraying fabric creating monstrosities with stichings of bright red fiber. Amid the ruins you see one slowly moving toward you. Garbed in the barest bits of tattered fabric, with distorted images from the tapestry itself, it gives a slow and powerful moan as it approaches. It has desiccated flesh and a trail of threads and smoke trail out of the monsters empty eye sockets.

It takes 10 minutes to travel here after your spells are cast.

Initiative:

Urktar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Tere: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Thran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Seiran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Radagast: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Hortensia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Undead: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Hortensia Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18

Hortensia is able to identify that the splintered soul fragments within the tapestry have formed a bodak-like creature. Their dried out bodies have several resistances and immunities, but most notable about them is their death gaze that will quickly kill anyone who is unable to avert their gaze from the creature. The range is limited to only those within 30 ft.

You should declare if you are looking at it, averting your gaze (50% chance of needing to make the save, give it concealment), or blind yourself to the creature [facing away, closing eyes, blindfold] (don't need to make save, give it total concealment).
If you are within 30 ft and see the creature (either looking at it or failing to avert your gaze, make a Fortitude save vs a death effect.

The creature reacts quickly to your approach pushing through the remaining walls and barriers of the ruins as though they were not there. Fragments of broken fiber are left behind in the walls and are quickly absorbed back into the tapestry.

Round 1
Undead Red
Radagast
Hortensia
Urktar
Thran
Tere
Seiran

Walls are 3-4 feet tall here. They do not block line of sight.

30 ft gaze on creature.

Party is up.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

Will cast Mage armor prior to coming here.
On his turn tap with wand for shield.
Knowledge (Religion) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Fort save just in case 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Seiran prepares himself with defensive spells and once he reaches the battle field, he taps himself for one final enchantment for the battle to come.

"Here we go."

Liberty's Edge

Femle Human Paladin 6 | Init +5 | HP: 33|46 | AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 FF) | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F:+11, R:+8, W:+8, Immune Fear, Disease, +2 vs charm and compulsion | Per: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30 |
Resources:
Inspire 18|18, Lay on Hands 0|7; Reroll: used
Buffs:
Longstrider
| Conditions:

Posting now but I would delay until after Thran in case he starts to inspire

Hortensia strides forward at tthe monster, looking it full in the face.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Using my reroll

Fortitude, stars: 1d20 + 11 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 5 = 32

Rushing around the low walls she strikes out at the monster.

Glaive, pa: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 2 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 6 = 22

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Thran having been told to avoid his eyes closes them completely and starts and inspiring tale about having heroes having to find their way in the dark and managing to overcome great challenges

Standard to start inspire, closing eyes this round


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Both Hortensia and Seiran are able to steel their souls against the life ending power that flows from the monster's eyes. Despite that resolve Hortensia's glaive is blocked and deflected by the horror, even with Thran's inspiring tale bolstering her attack.

Round 1
Undead Red
Radagast
Hortensia
Urktar
Thran (eyes closed)
Tere
Seiran

Walls are 3-4 feet tall here. They do not block line of sight.

30 ft gaze on creature. Note if you taking an action to attempt to avoid the gaze.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter/1 Rogue/4 Shadowdancer/1 HP 45/45 AC21|T 16|FF 16 CMD 21* Fort +5|Ref +11|Will +3/+5 vs. enchantments Init +5* Perc +12 Low-light|Sense Motive +7

Tere trots around the ruins, trying to keep his distance from the undead horror, and looses a silvered arrow at it. The arrow glances off of its supernaturally-tough body, though.

Arrow, including inspiration: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Urktar snarls his defiance and moves up on the creature, attacking it with his falchion.
Fort Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Falchion Inspired Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 34magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 = 26
Confirm?: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 30magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 = 26
Hope that 19 is good enough...


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Tere's arrow barely misses as the horror shifts just enough for the arrow to barely glance off. However Urktar's falchion digs deep, tearing through the bodak flesh as the dead eyes meet the half-orc. The gaze threatens to rip out Urktar, but he is barely able to resist the effect as he finishes the blow.

The undead was able to resist some of the critical blow, but it isn't near destruction just yet as it continues to reach forward and return the attack.

Round 1
Undead Red (42 damage)
Radagast
Hortensia
Urktar
Thran (eyes closed)
Tere
Seiran

Walls are 3-4 feet tall here. They do not block line of sight.

30 ft gaze on creature. Note if you taking an action to attempt to avoid the gaze.

Inspire Courage: +2


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

At the moment Radagast is the one left for the round. Could someone bot him for this round? If not I'll take his action when I need to log out for the night.

Liberty's Edge

Male Elf Fighter/1 Rogue/4 Shadowdancer/1 HP 45/45 AC21|T 16|FF 16 CMD 21* Fort +5|Ref +11|Will +3/+5 vs. enchantments Init +5* Perc +12 Low-light|Sense Motive +7

I'm reluctant to make his Fort save for him, considering the downside.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

Same here. This is a bodak afterall.
Does my Knowledge (Religion) roll reveal anything else?


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

Apologies, on missing the Knowledge (religion) I for some reason got that into my head that was a check to activate the wand.

You are able to recall that bodaks are naturally resistant to most physical weapons aside those designed with cold iron. (DC 10/cold iron).

Following your reaction I'll play Radagast cautiously. Botting Radagast:

Radagast closes his eyes and falls back a distance from the creature but positioning himself to better pounce on it if the battle goes on.

The bodak gives a horrid moan and cry as it pushes toward Urktar forcing his entire body into the warrior's space. Staring into Urktar's eyes it screams, "rip your soul to tatters! Rip it to shreds! Leave nothing!"

1d4 ⇒ 2
Urktar needs to make a DC 18 Fortitude save vs death against the gaze attack immediately in addition to anything he makes on his own turn. If he fails he gains two negative levels.

Round 2
Undead Red (42 damage)
Radagast
Hortensia
Urktar
Thran
Tere
Seiran

Walls are 3-4 feet tall here. They do not block line of sight.

30 ft gaze on creature. Note if you taking an action to attempt to avoid the gaze.

Inspire Courage: +2

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Druid 7 (HP 59/59) (AC 26/11/25) (CMD 20) (Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +8) (Init +3) (Perception +18)

With a snarl, Radagast opens his eyes...

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23.

...and after *not* dropping dead, pounces!

Talon: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 22, for 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 2 = 14 damage.
Talon: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 32, for 1d8 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13 damage.
Bite: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 24, for 1d6 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16 damage.
Foreclaw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 24, for 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8 damage.

Charge, IC, Flank.

Silver Crusade

Half-Orc, Barbarian 5/Fighter 1 | HP: /63 (41/75 raging) | AC: 23-1/ 13-1 Tch/ 23-1 FF | CMB: +12 (+14), CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +4, W: +3 (+14/+7/+6 while raging) | Init: +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 Speed 30| Rage: 5/14 | Active Conditions: Re-roll USED, Trap Sense+1, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Inspired,Blessed, Fatigued

Fort save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34
Fort save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Glad I saved the re-roll
2-star Fort save re-roll: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 = 21

After initially ignoring the Bodak's untoward advances and shaking off its horrid gaze, Urktar takes a 5' step back. Meeting the foul creatures eyes, he feels his very soul begin to ebb. He shrieks "NO!!!" before lashing out at the creature. Having seen his mortality in its undead eyes, Urktar then scrunches his eyes closed tight.

To be clear: this round he didn't close his eyes. Failed that second save, used re-roll, and now his eyes are closed after nearly losing some of his life essence due to his arrogance...
Falchion Flanking Inspired Raging Power Attack: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 27magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 = 24
Iterative: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 14magic adamantine slashing dmg: 2d4 + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 10 + 3 + 6 + 2 = 26

Liberty's Edge

Femle Human Paladin 6 | Init +5 | HP: 33|46 | AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 FF) | CMB +12, CMD 24 | F:+11, R:+8, W:+8, Immune Fear, Disease, +2 vs charm and compulsion | Per: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30 |
Resources:
Inspire 18|18, Lay on Hands 0|7; Reroll: used
Buffs:
Longstrider
| Conditions:

Hortensia continues to focus on the creature.

Fortitude: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Is this a save we have to make each time or do you become immune after the first?

Dropping her adamantine weapon Hortensia draws a cold iron ranseur and strikes at the bodak.

Ranseur, IC, pa: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 2 - 2 = 13
Damage, IC, pa: 2d4 + 9 + 2 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 + 2 + 6 = 21

but it gets tangled up in her weapon belt and the swing goes well wide.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

The fortitude of those facing down the creature hold steady for the moment. While all of Radagast's attacks hit, each claw and talon has difficulty dealing any major damage to the monster. Urtar's is able to close his eyes after his attack doesn't bring the creature down. However the damage dealt to it is accumulating; the threads holding the vile creature together are breaking apart.

Round 2
Undead Red (69 damage)
Radagast
Hortensia
Urktar (eyes closed)
Thran
Tere
Seiran

Walls are 3-4 feet tall here. They do not block line of sight.

30 ft gaze on creature. Note if you taking an action to attempt to avoid the gaze.

Inspire Courage: +2

Edit: Hortensia, it is a saving throw you must make each time.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

Fort save 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Smite Evil quarterstaff, flank, inspire 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 331d6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 9
Confirm crit 1d20 + 6 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 241d6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 10

Seiran glares sternly at the creature.
"Begone foul one and desecrate not this place with your presence any further! The power of Shelyn rejects you!"
He feels his goddess grace upon him and with mighty arms, he smashes the quarterstaff against his foe.


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

With the power of his goddess driving his blow Seiran sweeps through the bodak. The undead gives a final wailing cry as it breaks apart and crumbles to dust, ash, and thin red strips of soul stuff. The bits and pieces are drown into the tear within reality where the bodak was born from. With the energy the rift repairs itself with a ugly red scar hovering in place of the rift.

You can make a Craft (cloth), Knowledge (arcana or planes), or Spellcraft check to know more.

After this you have a moment to rest.

You can stay here and immediately fight a different group of the undead, or head to fight one of the groups the astral invaders.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Assuming someone is way better at this then I am so trying to assist if that's allowed

"I think..."

Aid on Spellcraft: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Live Exploration Extreme Maps

I'll allow the assist, but on the matter of specifically Spellcraft, Thran is the most trained character in the party.

For the question of direction I will assume the party are staying to combat more undead.

Initiative:

Urktar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Tere: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Thran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Seiran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Radagast: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Hortensia: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Mummies: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Ripping themselves from the rips in the reality here are another pair of undead much like what you fought when you first secured the area for the Muckmouth. A pair of mummified undead with resilient bodies and with a palatable aura of fear that threatens to freeze anyone of you in place.

Each of these have a aura of fear. If you come within 30 feet of these creatures you will need to make a DC 16 Will save or by paralyzed with fear for a short time. Once you attempt the save for each undead, success or failure, you do not need to attempt it again for that undead. If you approach both, you will need to save against both auras separately.

Round 1
Urktar
Tere
Thran
Hortensia
Radagast
Seiran
Mummy Blue
Mummy Red

Walls are 3-4 feet tall here. They do not block line of sight.

Undead with fear 30 ft auras. Remember the +4 morale bonus from the 10 ft aura of courage from your paladins.

Sovereign Court

PFS #76925-45 Male Half Orc Paladin3/ Sorc 2/ Dragon Disciple 1 | HP:55/55| AC: 15(23)/13(21)/12(20)|Init: +2| Perc: +4| Fort: +10| Ref: +8| Will: +12| Quarterstaff: +6;1d6+3| Longbow: +6;1d8| CMB: +6| CMD: 18| Smite Evil: +3 TH;+1 DMG|
Skills:
Acrobatics: +5| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+3| Climb:+2| Diplo:+9| HH:+3| Inti: +11|Kn.(Arc):+8| Kn.(Reli): +4| Kn.(Noble): +4| Lin:+1| Perform (Sing):+4| S.M: +0| Spell:+0| Stealth: +2| Survival: +0| Swim: -3|

For rift,Knowledge (arcana) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
To identify undead 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Hmm Aura of Courage vs Aura of Fear.
Disrupt Undead, ranged touch target red 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d6 ⇒ 3

Seiran strides up unheeding of their fearsome appearances as his goddess blessings envelop him. With a swift slash of his fingers and an arcane word he send a bolt of positive energy at the closest one.

Grand Lodge

Half-Orc Bard 5 (hp; 15/38 | AC: 12 | T: 10 | FF: 12 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +5 | Init: +2 | Perception: +3 | Darkvision 60ft.) Perform 14/19

Good point; Others are better at knowledge checks - not spellcraft.. whoda thunk that.

Thran shouts an inspiring battle cry about smiting the undead with the holy light of the heavens

Standard to start inspire courage (so still a +2 moral bonus vs fear effects if you don't happen to be with 10ft of a paladin), move to get a little bit closer and get some cover

251 to 300 of 466 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blazej - Hao Jin Cataclysm: 5-6 CORE [Gameday VII] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.