[Gameday VIII] TOZ's Hao Jin Cataclysm (Inactive)

Game Master TriOmegaZero

Subtier 10-11 Table
Maps and Handouts


601 to 645 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Laara puts the hurt on the phoenix, knocking it solidly into dreamland. Ajax is able to put up lesser protection to allow Aericus to pass through the wall of fire completely unharmed.

Fire Damage: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 2) + 15 = 19

With a quick thrust, the phoenix dies, immolating into two more glowing feathers.

Everyone else please post your actions for round 6 and 7, then the entire party can post actions for the two round breather. You have an uncharged feather that needs empowering for hand off and two more that are ready for repair or empowering as you see fit.

Party Status wrote:


Aericus (Damage: 40)
Deno'Thar (Damage: 22)
Ammen (Damage: 22)
Laara (Damage: 17)
Ajax
Flyn

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 94/94 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Round 6
Flyn, finally able to see his bow, will move 25’ NNE and, breathing a sigh of relief, retrieves it.

Round 7
Retrieve his wand of CLW from his bandolier and tap once.
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Two Round Breather
Move 30’ twice and tap twice...
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Wand of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Aid on the Feather Stuff
Aid: Knowledge (Planes) OR Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 6 + (1) = 26
Aid: Knowledge (Planes) OR Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 6 + (2) = 26
Aid: Knowledge (Planes) OR Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + (2) = 12

Think we ought to repair with the two new feathers we have; just guessing, but I’m thinking the more repairs done, the quicker the tapestry is stabilized and the quicker we get outta here...

GM: How many minutes have we been fighting Phoenixes? Just try to figure out how many rounds I might have left with Gravity Bow (had 3 minutes left when the bird fights started)...

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

I'll automatically aid Ammen's attempts on feather tokens since those don't take actions, +4 from me on both. I agree, lets repair to stabilize the tapestry so we can stop fighting phoenixes.

Round 7
Deno'thar moves adjacent to Laara and Aericus and calls out, " Everyone, over here for haste."

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Breather Round 1; cast heightened awareness Breather Round 2; cast haste on everyone. I say we active the HP boon on next initiative.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End
Flyndyngylyn wrote:
GM: How many minutes have we been fighting Phoenixes? Just try to figure out how many rounds I might have left with Gravity Bow (had 3 minutes left when at the start of the bird fights)...

You had 2 rounds to prepare, 2 rounds to finish the first fight, 2 more rounds to recover, then 7 to finish this fight along with 2 rounds afterward. So roughly a minute and a half.

Liberty's Edge

43870-1 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 9 | Init +7 (+11 Urban)| AC 24* (23) T 14 FF 18 | | HP 106 / 76| F +9 R +12 W +7 | Percp Survival +16; Sense Motive +15; HA (comp) +17; Spellcraft, K (Nature, Geo, Dungeon) +14, Stealth 11; All other K. +4
Active on Ajax:
Barkskin (AC 27 (26 with bow) 90m, Shield Companion, Longstrider, Heroism
Active on Ara:
Heroism? + Mage Armor+Cat's Grace=(AC 35), Longstrider, Resist Energy 30

So 3 1/2 rounds

Ajax moves toward the bard, pulling his Shield Companion wand out as he moves weapon drawn with normal move

(1) Ajax casts Shield Companion on Ara and puts away the wand.

(2) Ajax pulls out his wand of Gravity Bow and invokes his Pearl to recall Resist Energy.

(3) Ajax recasts Gravity Bow and puts the wand back.

If another person needs Resist Energy, then Ajax will cast that instead of Shield Companion

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Just checking, is there an option available to allow you to access pearls of power without retrieving them? I always thought you had to hold them in hand to activate.

Liberty's Edge

43870-1 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 9 | Init +7 (+11 Urban)| AC 24* (23) T 14 FF 18 | | HP 106 / 76| F +9 R +12 W +7 | Percp Survival +16; Sense Motive +15; HA (comp) +17; Spellcraft, K (Nature, Geo, Dungeon) +14, Stealth 11; All other K. +4
Active on Ajax:
Barkskin (AC 27 (26 with bow) 90m, Shield Companion, Longstrider, Heroism
Active on Ara:
Heroism? + Mage Armor+Cat's Grace=(AC 35), Longstrider, Resist Energy 30

I don't see anything in the desc of PoP that say you actually have to hold them, just that it takes a Standard Action to use Command items. I've always imagined they came in some type of leather or embroidered accessory and were worn on the body

Sovereign Court

M Inspired Blade 1/Kensai 9 Init +13(+17)| HP 75|84| AC: 33, T: 17, FF: 28| Fort +13, Ref +16, Will +10 | CMD: 22 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +13
Buffs:
Mage Armor, Shield, Long Arm
Resources:
Arcane Pool 2|10, Panache 7|7, Reroll used

Wand of cure light twice.
CLW x2: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 8) + 2 = 17

Also suggest we repair with both, and I will auto aid Arcana.

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Female Half-elf Rogue/brawler HP 92/92 | AC: 33* | T:20 | FF:24* | Fortification (25%) |CMD:26 | Fort:+15* | Ref:+22* (Evasion)| Will:+8* (+2 vs enchantment) | Init:+9 | Perc:+11**

Laara keeps circling by the others, waiting for the next hammer to fall.

Laara has 2 potions of Fly she’s glad to pull out and share is Aericus or someone wants.

Also: anyone have suggestions for Combat feats that might be great here? Still have plenty of Martial Flexibility uses left

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

I have always seen pearls of power as requiring you to hold them to use.

Ammen will attempt to repair the Tapestry using the feathers. He reactivates his wand of heightened awareness again to help him do so.

Do we have 3?

Planes, heroism, HA: 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 26 + 2 + 2 = 33
Planes, heroism, HA: 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 26 + 2 + 2 = 31
Planes, heroism, HA: 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 26 + 2 + 2 = 45

He looks around as they wait for the next creature to attack, draws a wand and activates it a few times to heal himself.

I think I have round 7 and the 2 prep rounds to cure myself.

CLW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 3 = 10

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

You received two from the phoenix and one used in a failed repair check. You can empower it per the handout to hand off to another team for another repair attempt.

Liberty's Edge

43870-1 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 9 | Init +7 (+11 Urban)| AC 24* (23) T 14 FF 18 | | HP 106 / 76| F +9 R +12 W +7 | Percp Survival +16; Sense Motive +15; HA (comp) +17; Spellcraft, K (Nature, Geo, Dungeon) +14, Stealth 11; All other K. +4
Active on Ajax:
Barkskin (AC 27 (26 with bow) 90m, Shield Companion, Longstrider, Heroism
Active on Ara:
Heroism? + Mage Armor+Cat's Grace=(AC 35), Longstrider, Resist Energy 30
Ammensura Ibn Jad wrote:
I have always seen pearls of power as requiring you to hold them to use.

That's probably fairly common. However, here is what UE says..

U.E. wrote:
Once per day on command, a pearl of power enables the possessor to recall any one spell that she had prepared and then cast that day.

So it merely has to be in one's possession, not in your hand. Similarly, we can look at the boro bead.

boro bead, U.E. p. 284 wrote:
Once per day on command, a boro bead enables the bearer to recharge any one extract that he had mixed and then consumed that day.

Seems to be consistent with the idea that you merely have to have it on your person to benefit from it.

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

so Ammen’s flame strike could empower and pass without using a round?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Correct.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Perception:

Ammen: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (19) + 28 = 47, +2bb pill, +2 heroism
Ajax: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32, +4 vs Humans, +2 vs Evil Outsider, +4 Urban, +2 Jungle
Flyn: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32
Aericus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Deno’thar: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (13) + 24 = 37
Laara: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Phoenix: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (8) - 5 = 3

Initiative:
Ammen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18, +2bb pill, +4 heightened awareness
Flyn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Ajax: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Aericus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30, +4 heightened awareness
Deno’thar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15, +4 heightened awareness
Laara: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Phoenix: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Ammen notices a phoenix approach from the north, attempting to use the walls to hide its approach. Thankfully, the massive wingbeats give it away to the rest of the party, leaving them time to react.

Round 1 Initiative wrote:


30 Aericus
27 Laara
25 Ajax
24 Ammen

19 Deno'thar
18 Phoenix
13 Flyn

That should be much more helpful to y'all. :)

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Lets call on some help to take care of this bird, boons! We can get inspire Courage going for 3 rounds (+3 comptence attack and damage) and 30 temporary hit points.

Slave Mountain Secured - Gain 30 temporary hit points at the start of an encounter, lasting until the end of that encounter.

Eternal Lake Secured - The PCs gain one free use of the Timely Inspiration Aid Token option.

Also shouldn't I have gotten a 19 on initiative? I have a base +11

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Female Half-elf Rogue/brawler HP 92/92 | AC: 33* | T:20 | FF:24* | Fortification (25%) |CMD:26 | Fort:+15* | Ref:+22* (Evasion)| Will:+8* (+2 vs enchantment) | Init:+9 | Perc:+11**

Works for me.

Laara continues to hold out the bottle towards Aericus as she stands by the magus. Trying to remember something she saw Sajan do in training, the brawler readies to lash out as any approaching beast.

Can't go far enough down the chain to get Sping Attack unfrotunately, so will spend a move action and two uses of Flexibility to learn Stunning Fist and Stunning Fist Adept.

She will also then ready an action to step to and lunge at the phoenix in the (admittedly low) case it gets within 20 feet of her horizontally (10-foot step towards it, then lunge, though the Step can't alter her height).

And Aericus: potion of Fly is being held out and offered to you

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Good catch, not sure why I read 13.

Sovereign Court

M Inspired Blade 1/Kensai 9 Init +13(+17)| HP 75|84| AC: 33, T: 17, FF: 28| Fort +13, Ref +16, Will +10 | CMD: 22 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +13
Buffs:
Mage Armor, Shield, Long Arm
Resources:
Arcane Pool 2|10, Panache 7|7, Reroll used

Aericus takes and gulps the potion of fly with a nod.

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Deno'thar moves up to just next to the firewall, hoping that the cover will prevent the creature from seeing him. He readies a Weird Words if he sees the creature emerge and try to cast a spell against his allies.

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17 probably moot, but whatever

It is fairly likely that if my readied goes off, the creature will get an AoO against me.

Weird Words: 1d20 + 11 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 + 3 + 1 = 20 damage: 8d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 6, 2, 6) + 10 = 37

I realized I was using weird words wrong. Unlike scorching ray, it is a single attack roll for words on the same target. Furthermore I found a faq that says I can't use arcane strike on it, which makes no sense to me, but in 2016 that is what dev's decided.

I'd like spellcraft anything it casts. I'm not sure if I can choose which spell to interupt or it has to be the first.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 = 23
spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 2 = 15

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

I am happy to expend flame strike, it isnt likely to get much use here.

With a wave of one hand Ammen sends his whirling spiritual weapon to attack the creature.

SR penetration, SG: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 2 = 25

Attack, heroism, inspire: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 32
Force damage, inspire, SG: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 15
DC24 will save if it hits or dazed for 2 rounds

My standard action will depend on whether or not it is affected.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Ammen sees the phoenix take the hit right in the face, staggering under the blow.

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

can I change my action in light of Ammen’s successful daze? I suspect this bird is toast if we close to it and full attack next round

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

I highly recommend it.

Liberty's Edge

43870-1 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 9 | Init +7 (+11 Urban)| AC 24* (23) T 14 FF 18 | | HP 106 / 76| F +9 R +12 W +7 | Percp Survival +16; Sense Motive +15; HA (comp) +17; Spellcraft, K (Nature, Geo, Dungeon) +14, Stealth 11; All other K. +4
Active on Ajax:
Barkskin (AC 27 (26 with bow) 90m, Shield Companion, Longstrider, Heroism
Active on Ara:
Heroism? + Mage Armor+Cat's Grace=(AC 35), Longstrider, Resist Energy 30

I'm assuming that Ajax has a general notion of where the creature is at as before.

Hoping to draw the creature out into the open, Ajax fires in the direction that Ammensura is focused.

Miss Main: 1d100 ⇒ 24
Miss Rapid: 1d100 ⇒ 86
Miss Iterative: 1d100 ⇒ 8
Miss Haste: 1d100 ⇒ 41

Base + Flag + Inspire (boon) + Haste - Rapid
Rapid: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (18) + 19 = 37
Damage: 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

Ajax and Ara then step back.

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

Having neutralised the enemy for the moment Ammen simply flies forward to get it into range of hexes.

As it is dazed I believe it will crash to the ground and land prone which may cause our arhcers some issues but it does stop it doing anything for 2 rounds. I didnt really want to take another firestorm to the face. I think Ammen is actually on fire as he failed the last save but I dont think the damage can get through his current resistance.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

The phoenix lands unsteadily on its feet thanks to Ammen's weapon. Ajax manages to land a hit, but cannot overcome its resistance to his weapon.

Round 1/2 Initiative wrote:


30 Aericus
27 Laara
25 Ajax
24 Ammen
19 Deno'thar

18 Phoenix (Dazed 1/2)
13 Flyn

I did forget the on fire part of the fire storm, but your resistances block it all (4d6). I think Aericus might have taken some damage before Ajax covered him, but it's minimal.

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

Ammen glares at the creature and brings his will to bear upon it.

Evil eye hex to reduce saves, DC25 will save. -4 penalty, lasts a round even if it saves.

He begins a slow chant to maintain the power over the creature.

Move action to chant extending the duration by a round

Meanwhile the spiritual weapon continues to do its work.

Spiritual weapon, heroism, IC: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 21 + 2 + 3 = 29
Force damage. IC, SG: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 15

Spiritual weapon, heroism, IC: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 2 + 3 = 31
Force damage. IC, SG: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 10

Spiritual weapon, heroism, IC: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + 3 = 23
Force damage. IC, SG: 1d8 + 3 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 3 + 2 = 10

Each hit forces a DC24 will save or it is dazed for 2 rounds. The durations do not stack but it will reset it to two rounds. The attack rolls may also have +4 as I think it is prone.

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Upon seeing the successful magical attack from Ammen Deno’thar moves up to the creature and aids Aericus’s next attack.

aid, plus 4 attack and 2 damage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

I’ll wait for others for the following turn. I recommend going past wall so concealment isn’t a thing. Everyone has haste so getting up there should be easy enough with a single round of movement.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End
Ammensura Ibn Jad wrote:
Each hit forces a DC24 will save or it is dazed for 2 rounds. The durations do not stack but it will reset it to two rounds. The attack rolls may also have +4 as I think it is prone.

It is not, it did not fall more than 5ft.

Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Will Save: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 4 = 17
Will Save: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 12 - 4 = 10
Will Save: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 4 = 12 Not flatfooted, that last one did not hit.

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

Should we call this fight TOZ, it looks like we have around 5 rounds of full attacks incoming?

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

I mean, you could miss. :P

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

It is only dazed for 2 rounds, they do not stack. It may well be daze locked as I do get three attacks per round on it so it has to make a lot of saves to get out but it isnt impossible although with evil eye it is very unlikely.

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Daze also does not reduce AC, so hits are not assured either.

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

Very true although I do plan to evil eye its AC next round

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Ammen hammers on the phoenix mystically and physically!

Round 1/2 Initiative wrote:


30 Aericus
27 Laara
25 Ajax

24 Ammen
19 Deno'thar
18 Phoenix (Damage: 40, Dazed 0/2)
13 Flyn

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 94/94 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Flyn will loft forth a rain of cold iron in the general direction of big bird...

To Hit: Dex+Base, Magic, Weapon Focus, Haste, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Point Blank Master, Manyshot, Inspired Courage/Flagbearer, Perfect Strike
Damage: Strength, Magic, Deadly Aim, Clustered Shot, Gravity Bow Inspired Courage/Flagbearer

Magic Composite Longbow (Manyshot): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 32
Magic Composite Longbow (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 26
Miss<=50: 1d100 ⇒ 55
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 23
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 20

Magic Composite Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 20
Miss<=50: 1d100 ⇒ 43
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 18

Magic Composite Longbow (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 23
Miss<=50: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 20

Magic Composite Longbow (Haste): 1d20 + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 3 + 5 = 31
Miss<=50: 1d100 ⇒ 75
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 + 2 + 6 + 5 = 26

Assuming the first and last attack hit, Clustered Shot Damage before DR = 69

Perfect Strike Used: 2/4

Sovereign Court

M Inspired Blade 1/Kensai 9 Init +13(+17)| HP 75|84| AC: 33, T: 17, FF: 28| Fort +13, Ref +16, Will +10 | CMD: 22 | Perception +13, Sense Motive +13
Buffs:
Mage Armor, Shield, Long Arm
Resources:
Arcane Pool 2|10, Panache 7|7, Reroll used

In the first round after the daze, Aericus flies up to the phoenix and attempts to deliver an intensified shocking grasp.

Spell Pen: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 27
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + 3 = 17 + Cold: 1d6 ⇒ 1 + Shocking Grasp?: 9d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2, 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 1) = 26

The physical will hit the DR.

2nd round full attack, if needed, with an intensified corrosive touch.
Spell Pen: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 34
Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 6 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 6 = 43
Crit Physical Damage: 2d6 + 22 ⇒ (2, 6) + 22 = 30 + Cold: 1d6 + 1d10 ⇒ (4) + (10) = 14 + Acid: 18d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 2, 4, 5, 3, 5, 2, 6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 2, 4, 6, 5, 5) = 69

If it makes it around to me again, I think it gets melted. Edit: Forgot that was supposed to be a full attack. It's -2 to hit, but also 2 more attacks, that I'm not sure I need to bother adding.

Liberty's Edge

43870-1 | Human M (Garundi) Ranger 9 | Init +7 (+11 Urban)| AC 24* (23) T 14 FF 18 | | HP 106 / 76| F +9 R +12 W +7 | Percp Survival +16; Sense Motive +15; HA (comp) +17; Spellcraft, K (Nature, Geo, Dungeon) +14, Stealth 11; All other K. +4
Active on Ajax:
Barkskin (AC 27 (26 with bow) 90m, Shield Companion, Longstrider, Heroism
Active on Ara:
Heroism? + Mage Armor+Cat's Grace=(AC 35), Longstrider, Resist Energy 30

Realizing the creature is down, Ajax and Ara advance, Ajax ordering another spring attack on the creature as Ajax fires an arrow once he sees it clearly.

Base+Haste+Flag+Inspire+Point Blank
Ajax Standard attack, Pheromone arrow: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 6) + 10 = 20

base + Cat's Grace + Haste + flag + Inspire + Pheromone
Ara Spring Attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39
Damage: 1d4 + 17 ⇒ (3) + 17 = 20

Oh...If Ajax can see how badly the Phoenix is wounded, then he'll forgo the Pheromone arrow, so take +2 off of Ara's attack and damage

The Exchange

Male NG Medium Human Bard 9 | HP 77/77 (18 nonlethal) | AC 25, T 14, FF 22 | CMD 22| F +12 R +16 W +13; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic; +2 vs. fear | Init +11 | Perc +24, SM +22 | Speed 30ft | Spells L1-6/7, L2-3/5, L3-4/4 | Bardic Performance 20/23 | Active Conditions: Heroism, Heightened Awareness, Mirror Image (7 images)(CL9)

aid Aericus, if needed 4 to hit, 2 to damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Unable to stand under the Pathfinder assault, the phoenix lays unconscious, its regen temporarily suppressed...

Round 2 Initiative wrote:


30 Aericus
27 Laara
25 Ajax
24 Ammen
19 Deno'thar
18 Phoenix (Damage: 210, Dazed 0/2)
13 Flyn

Edit:

Laara moves in, delivering one final heart punch to finish the creature off, allowing it to immolate into two more feathers.

The Exchange

N Male Human Shaman 11 Init +9 | HP 101|113 | AC 33, T13, FF33 | Fort +16, Ref +11, Will +26 | CMD 19 | Perception +30, Sense Motive +30
Buffs:
MVx2, Ant Haul, Life Bubble, OF, Ext Hero, Ext Barkskin, BBPill, HA
Resources:
Insight 1/1; Bond 1/1; Reroll: 1/1
Spirit Slots:
1|1|1|1|1|2
Conditions:

Ammen steps up to try and repair more of the damaged taestry, tapping himself again wit a wand of heightened awareness.

This thing is nearly exhauted, must remember to buy another

Planes, heroism, HA: 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 26 + 2 + 2 = 40
Planes, heroism, HA: 1d20 + 26 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 26 + 2 + 2 = 38

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The colossal ruby phoenix grows more resplendent and terrifying with each restored feather that soars into the sky to meet it. The magnificent bird lets out a final screech as its shroud of flames intensifies, utterly consuming it. The phoenix is gone. As ruby ashes drift towards the tapestry, the invaders, seeing the tapestry’s last defense has failed, pour through, their entire force pushing through the largest rift in a massive final attack. The entire world shudders as the rift widens.

Aram Zey steps forward to rest under the falling ashes. “Pathfinders, you fought bravely and well, and your sacrifices were not in vain.” Aram Zey pauses, and his expression turns pensive. “But, the tapestry’s tale has not yet ended. There is clearly a force at work here that is greater than we realized,” he gestures out toward the invaders, “Furthermore, we have not permanently repaired the demiplane—we have only patched the worst of the damage and prevented irreversible catastrophe. I fear that…” Aram Zey’s voice trails off for a moment, “Yes, just as I thought.”

The ruby ashes begin to glow, faint as smoldering coals at first, and then intensifying, coalescing, and swirling in beautiful patterns as they lift Aram Zey into the air. “It seems the key to defending the tapestry is allowing its guardian to be reborn. I will do whatever I can to provide the arcane energy necessary to keep the tapestry stable. In the meantime, I hope the Society will search for a more permanent solution. I refuse to believe that the knowledge of the legendary Ruby Phoenix herself has been lost to us forever.” The ashes and Zey converge on a single point, a great ruby ember in the sky. There is a spark, and then the ember explodes. A wave of fire engulfs the tapestry as the Ruby Phoenix emerges from the explosion with a triumphant, piercing cry. Aram Zey floats within its heart, his body engulfed in ruby fire. The explosion’s flames reach the invaders first, turning them to ash and cinders. The flames wash over the tapestry’s defenders without harming them. The tapestry burns—but the fires replenish it, scouring the wasteland and restoring the tapestry’s original environments. The phoenix beats its wings, sending wave after wave of fire into the Astral rift and searing the portal shut. The phoenix soars in a great arc across the sky and flies off toward the sun.

Thank you everyone for playing, this concludes the adventure! Thanks especially to the GMs, ACG box runners, and intrepid backup GMs that made this event possible.

GMs, the house earned the Radiant Ruby Feathers boon.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf Ranger (Inf) 6th / Monk (ZA) 4th / Investigator (PD) 1st| HP: 94/94 | AC:22 (26) T:22 (26) FF: 15 (19)| CMB:12 CMD:30 | Saves F:+14 R:+20 W:+14 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23 | IP: 3/3 | Spells: Gravity Bow (x2), Psychic (x5)

Flyn looks as the phoenix soars away, breathing out a great sigh of relief...

Looking to his companions, he bows deeply. "Well done my friends...it took all of us to get this accomplished. It was an honor to journey and fight by your sides; it would be a privilege it I could do so again in the future. If you ever have need of me, my bow is yours..."

Nodding to Laara, he grins as he speaks. "M'Lady Captain...when you have the time, do you think you could teach a new sailor some tricks in running his own ship?"

Liberty's Edge

Half-Elf Female Half-elf Rogue/brawler HP 92/92 | AC: 33* | T:20 | FF:24* | Fortification (25%) |CMD:26 | Fort:+15* | Ref:+22* (Evasion)| Will:+8* (+2 vs enchantment) | Init:+9 | Perc:+11**

'Course Laara says. You've already got the first bit down: captaining a ship with a 'rep big enough that it'll make people think twice before doing anything rash.

After that, the big secret is that with a good enough crew the thing can mostly run itself. Especially if you keep getting called off here and there by any Venture Captain who can pick up a pen. Come on: let's head over dockside. she suggests as she puts an arm around the elf's shoulder. Plenty of candidates for that about, and I've got some more secrets that could be spilled over a pint.

601 to 645 of 645 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Gameday VIII] TOZ's Hao Jin Cataclysm Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.