[PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 09-05 Call of the Copper Gate

Game Master Aerondor

Map


101 to 150 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |
GM Aerondor wrote:
Meanwhile Gwen pulls out a scroll and reads it. Surely some mighty magic is about to come to your aid!

It is the classic battle of the illusionist vs plants and towels.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC 25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage

I think Ironshanks made his fort save, unless there is something new that came across?

The Dwarf smashes out with his shield as the swarm of yellow widgets moves past him. Shield Bash, Bless, Inspire: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 131d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

Regardless of the battle advice, Ironshanks already has his fire vial at the ready and tosses it hoping to hit one swarm and splash flames on the other. Targeting red, splashing yellow.

Alchemist Fire, Bless, Inspire: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 231d6 ⇒ 1

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Ironshanks smashes lots of tiny little, almost defenseless appearing objects with his shield. Big meanie. Then, then, he throws more fire around. One might almost think he had some goblin in him.
Did I say defenseless? They don't appear as badly damaged as you would expect.

The swarm, its tiny little parts obviously agitated now, continue in pursuit of him. Another AOO if he wants it

rolls:

ironshanks damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
uyrias damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
regen: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Zarta continues to work on the bits of plant nearest the team.

Status, bold may post: Bless, everyone has +1 to hit. Inspire courage from Zarta, +2 to hit and damage and vs fear. Area in green is greased.
Zarta -
Urias 37 damage; DC 14 fort save required.AOO if wanted on red
Tatiana
Grog -7 damage,
Argenta
Gwen -7 damage, 1 CON damage;
Ironshanks -21 damage, 3 CON damage. DC 14 fort save required. AOO if wanted on yellow

Creatures - round 6
Swarm (red) -34 damage;
Swarm (yellow) 43 damage.

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* |

Tatiana continues to asks Zarta to destroy the vines.

I think it's working. Please Lady Zarta, continue to repel the vines!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Luckily I have higher then average hitpoints.
Fort save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Aoo 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 111d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Attacks red 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 231d10 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Shaking off the remaining bites on him, Urias takes a swipe on the swarm leaving him and then proceeds to pursue and whacks it one more time for a good measure.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 6|6|3; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism
Conditions:

Floating in place Argenta draws another alchemical flask of acid and throws it at the yellow swarm.

Acid, heroism: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Thats it for me, have no more alchemical items. Never thought I would meet a magic immune swarm!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC 25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage

Fort, Con Damage: DC14: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 1 = 11

The Dwarf smashes out with his shield as the swarm of yellow widgets moves past him. Shield Bash, Bless, Inspire, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 221d4 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 10

He again most out of the widget swarm, this time draws his warhammer and tries to crush more of Zarta's precious stored relics.

Warhammer, Bless, Inspire, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 121d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 11

"Holy geebus, someone wake me up from this s$&!tastic dream!"

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17; Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

Grog swings at the swarm again.

"Its no dream these things sting!"

yellow

attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6[

iterative

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |

Double move!

Hops down from crates (expeditious retreat): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Running jump over vines (expeditious retreat): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Running jump over vines (expeditious retreat): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Perception (look about for useful stuff in crates): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 +3 more if shady!

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 1/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 |

Perception (look about for useful stuff in crates): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Tatiana continues to asks Zarta to destroy the vines.
Urias can't bring his opportunistic attack to fruition, although his sweep into the red mass of tiny parts is somewhat effective.

Argenta tosses acid into the yellow swarm, destroying a number of the tiny things.

Ironshanks finds his muscles burning from the damage he has taken from the swarm. STR damage for you from this one.

Grog misses with his first swing, but then with the second causes carnage. Zarta barely keeps pace with the regrowing vines, wielding her wand to keep them at bay.

This time the swarm moves over Grog.

Everyone take your action, Grog, you get an AOO as it moves onto you. You might kill it, in which case no auto-or save required for you, if not, you'll be taking some damage, but i'll hold off rolling that until we see if it survives long enough.

Status, bold may post: Bless, everyone has +1 to hit. Inspire courage from Zarta, +2 to hit and damage and vs fear. Area in green is greased.
Urias 37 damage;
Tatiana
Grog -7 damage, AOO on swarm.
Argenta
Gwen -7 damage, 1 CON damage;
Ironshanks -21 damage, 3 CON damage. 1 STR damage

Creatures - round 7
Swarm (red) -47 damage;
Zarta -

rolls:

ironshanks str damage: 1d2 ⇒ 1
regen: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 6|6|3; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism
Conditions:

Argenta flies down to Urias, drawing a wand as she goes. She makes sure to stay out of reach of the horrid little bugs as she touches Urias on the shoulder, providing a little healing. Sorry everyone, I have literally nothing left that can hurt these things. Someone remind me to buy more alchemical weapons!

Using wand of cure light wounds on Urias. I cannot fail the UMD check. Urias regains 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 HP

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC 25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage

Ironshanks continues the fight. He's tired, his stomach hurts and he isn't about to let some young guns show him up. He moves over some dead vines and swings his warhammer at the mass of things.

Warhammer, Bless, Inspire, PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 151d8 + 3 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 + 4 = 11

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Thank you for the healing!
Attack Swarm if still in range 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 + 2 = 221d10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12

"You have my gratitude for that bout of healing friend Argenta." Urias calls out as he attempts to hit the swarm once more.

He would really like to believe that he was slowly but surely chipping off flecks from bugs but one couldn't be sure......

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Urias dispells the swarm.

STill need that AOO from Grog, to see if it is taken out before he takes damage.

With little difficulty, you can persuade Zarta to wield her wand to clear a way toward the glowing artefact.

I'll clear the map. Ignore the vines for the moment.

Of course that sticky poison on the vines might be useful...

It would be a Craft (alchemy), Knowledge (nature), or Profession (herbalist) or DEX check to get it though.

Status,
Urias 29 damage;
Tatiana
Grog -7 damage, AOO on swarm.
Argenta
Gwen -7 damage, 1 CON damage;
Ironshanks -21 damage, 3 CON damage. 1 STR damage

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Prod...

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* |

Tatiana tries to extract the poison from the vines.

Dex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Urias attempts to examine the vines and obtain samples of its poison......

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 6|6|3; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism
Conditions:

Argenta has no interest in poisons, nasty stuff. She flies back over to the device to examine it.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |

Apparently Gwen got some and she didn't even have to touch the vines. ;p

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Tatiana gets more of the poisonous sap on her hands as she starts the extraction process.
Fort DC 13

Between her and Urias you extract four doses of Nitharit poison.

Zarta looks up in exasperation. "Time for that later. The artefact... disable it, without destroying it please. This wand won't last forever..."

Status,
Urias 29 damage;
Tatiana - Fort DC 13 save vs poison.
Grog -7 damage, AOO on swarm.
Argenta
Gwen -7 damage, 1 CON damage;
Ironshanks -21 damage, 3 CON damage. 1 STR damage

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |
GM Aerondor wrote:
Zarta looks up in exasperation. "Time for that later. The artefact... disable it, without destroying it please. This wand won't last forever..."

"WHAT!?" shouts Gwen over the alarm. "I'M GONNA TRY AND SHUT DOWN THE ARTIFACT! THAT WAND ISN'T GOING TO LAST FOREVER YOU KNOW!"

Gwen rushes over, and looks at the device. She rushes around to the back and hops up onto the crates to get a better look. What is there to see?

"ZARTA! DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS THING?!"

Also, if time would be better served by making a use magic device check instead her modifier is the same.

detect magic + spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

detect magic + knowledge (arcana, in case aura info is needed): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"It's like the power of the sun in the palm of my hand." Gwen says to herself reaching forward, her eyes reflecting the colour of magic.

Movement and detect magic if needed take a few rounds.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

You really need disable device to 'disarm' the beacon without violence.

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Violence is always effective if needed against these ancient artifacts.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 6|6|3; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism
Conditions:

rgenta floats over the Ironshanks and takes out a lengthy scroll. Hold still Ironshanks, this might help with some of the poison damage

UMD, scroll, heroism, DC23: 1d20 + 19 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 19 + 2 = 40
Healed con damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Does anyone have disable device?

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* |

Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Con Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Tatiana casts guidance on herself
Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 2 + 1 = 13

Once the poison taking care of, she disable the artifact.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Disable Device: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC 25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage

Ironshanks flips up his visor for a brief moment as the flying woman heals his flagging soul "Aight. Thanks." He replies before slamming the visor back down and continuing to beat back any stray vegetation that crops up. Looks like that one there knows a think er two 'bout rowdy Gnome toys, best keep her clean on this. He takes up a position near the orb to keep the ladies clean.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17; Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

Sorry for the delay. I had a medical procedure Friday and had issues logging in over the weekend

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

No worries. Site was flaky as over the weekend, and I've been pretyt flat out too.

As Tatiana tries to disable the ..thing.. it sets out a wave of magic energy, twisting her body...

and another fort save for you.

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* |

Save?: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Save? Reroll 5*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17; Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

Fort: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Titiana finds her body twisting in a painful manner, head almost back to front. From some deep inner reserve she concentrates on how her body should be, resisting the foul magic.

Zarta lithely slips the wand back into the folds of her dress, her eyes darting around the blasted vault. “Nicely done. I’ll go to Ambrus and lift the lockdown. That being said, you still have work to do.[b]”

Her gaze falls upon the dormant glass sphere, its fluid contents now black and flecked with pinpricks of light. “[b]I don’t know what caused this to happen, but I do recognize that item. The Society purchased it from the Arcanamirium a few weeks ago for further study when they told us they suspected its magic was somehow linked to the Dark Tapestry. It’s one of a set of three, and if this one malfunctioned, I anticipate the others won’t be far behind.

Zarta digs through one of the wrecked crates and emerges with three small lead boxes etched with sigils. She places the sphere into one of the boxes and fastens it shut. “At this point, our responsibility is to contain these devices before they cause any lasting damage. Get whatever supplies you need first. Once you are ready, head to the Arcanamirium, find the other two items, and place them inside these warding containers. Their magic is keyed to each other, so you shouldn’t need to disarm the other devices; just scoop them into the boxes and lock the lids. Once we have all three, we can figure out where to go from there. Do not delay, but tread carefully. The Society knows precious little about the forces of the Dark Tapestry, other than that those who deal with them haphazardly often find their sanity compromised.

She gestures for Urias and Gwen to join her for a moment.

Urias, Gwen and anyone from the Dark Archive:

"I'd like you to do some follow-up research for me on these objects.." she starts. "A detailed report will take some time, but be invaluable."

[ooc]And require three different checks from the following list - Appraise, Craft(any), disable device, know(arcana, engineering, nature or planes), Perception , Profession (herbalist), Spellcraft, Use magic Device. You may each make your own set of checks. I'm happy for aid-another actions from you or your companions in addition to your own primary checks. Please roll your primary checks first.

Zarta pauses, "oh, and kittens.. it would be wonderful if you could... secure.." she almost undulates at the word "any possible avenues for finding out more information about these spheres. Such as interogating a native of the Dark Tapestry, or taking one captive for later questioning in a .." she smiles again "secure location."

Status,
Urias 29 damage;
Tatiana -
Grog -7 damage,
Argenta
Gwen -7 damage, 1 CON damage;
Ironshanks -21 damage, 3 CON damage. 1 STR damage

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |
GM Aerondor wrote:

Titiana finds her body twisting in a painful manner, head almost back to front. From some deep inner reserve she concentrates on how her body should be, resisting the foul magic.

Zarta lithely slips the wand back into the folds of her dress, her eyes darting around the blasted vault. “Nicely done. I’ll go to Ambrus and lift the lockdown. That being said, you still have work to do.

"WHAT!?" asks Gwen over the alarm.

Dark Archive Hush-Hush Stuff:
Urias, Gwen probably has to take the lead on this given her skills in the area. Urias does though have have a better perception modifier than any tertiary check Gwen can make without aid, but then again Hera also get to roll for most of these things too.

knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Gwen uses her time before the next leg of the mission to use the Grand Lodge's library to help her in researching the orb. I should also note that she has Librarian as a trait and uses it if she can on this first check (along with any Grand Lodge Library bonus).

PSRD wrote:
Librarian You are trained to manage and maintain books, and you find it easy to procure information from tomes. You gain a +1 bonus on Linguistics or Profession (librarian) checks, and one of these skills (your choice) becomes a class skill for you. Once per day when you would gain a bonus on a skill check from reading a book, you can increase that bonus by 1. (Dark Archive)

spellcraft: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

use magic device: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 1/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 |

"WHOO!?"

More Dark Archive Hush-Hush Stuff:
knowledge (arcana, aid Gwen): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

spellcraft (aid Gwen): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17; Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

Grog looks around.

"Anyone got any healing? We might need to be ready for what is on the other side?"

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* |

If you have a wand I can use it on you

Says Tatiana.

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Urias nods in understanding to both Zarta and Gwen.

Dark Archive hush huh:

Urias will follow Gwen's lead in those skills. Doesn't exist for him lol.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 6|6|3; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism
Conditions:

I repaired Ironshanks con damage

If anyone needs any healing let me have your wand and I can handle it

Argenta cannot fail to UMD a wand

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |
Argenta Ibn Jad wrote:

I repaired Ironshanks con damage

If anyone needs any healing let me have your wand and I can handle it

Argenta cannot fail to UMD a wand

Part of this depends on how much time we have.

Gwen (and Hera too, as she is perched painfully on her mistress's head) heads to the Grand Lodge's Library--her home from home.

"Featherduster. **grumble grumble**..." mutters Gwen.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17; Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

"Thanks! Grog says to Tatiana.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

"If we are ready, then we can go."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC 25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage

Ironshank's CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ironshank's CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Ironshank's CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Ironshank's CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"Aye, thank ye Miss Arrr-Genta. Them little widgets left quite a pile of bruises n cuts." He re-adjusts his metal plating and visor as he survey's the crew at hand.

"Sounds like we're gonna be in for more of this craziness then eh? What are the odds we can make use of that wand o yers Miz Zarta?" He points to her now stashed magical plant blasting wand.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |
Urias Leogil wrote:

Urias nods in understanding to both Zarta and Gwen.

Even More Dark Archive Hush-Hush Stuff:
I think we might be good. I rolled pretty well for most of the stuff. The weakest check, Knowledge (arcana) totaled 20 before Gwen's Librarian trait or library research bonuses, so that's good. Urias could roll a 1 on a Perception (aid) check and push Hera's total to 30.
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Zarta sighs as she assesses the state of the team.
"Best have you looking ship shape before you head off, can't have rumours spreading through Absalom - any faster than they already do."

Zarta is able to fix the remaining stat damage, just.

Dark archive:

Your research shows that as Zarta suspected, this object has a resonant connection to two other devices. It was originally built as a beacon, but a mysterious alien force has corrupted its original function, causing erratic interactions with its surroundings such as the one you have just witnessed.

Searching around the area you find some things that may be of use: three bags of shards of Aucturn , as well as a masterwork buckler, a masterwork starknife, a masterwork throwing axe, and an adamantine flail. In also includes five pieces of +1 aberration bane arrows, six masterwork daggers, and a +1 punching dagger.

Status,
Urias 29 damage;
Tatiana -
Grog -3 damage,
Argenta
Gwen -7 damage,
Ironshanks -.

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

"If someone can use this on me?" Urias requests...
holding out a wand.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 15/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 |
Urias Leogil wrote:

"If someone can use this on me?" Urias requests...

holding out a wand.

"It's not magic missiles is it? What's the command phrase?"

Once she has the command phrase:

use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

magic missile cure light wounds(?): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"There all better.... What do you mean you need more? ... Well, how should I know. I'm not the healer."

use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 shocking grasp cure light wounds(?): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 disguise other cure light wounds(?): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 create pit cure light wounds(?): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

use magic device v wand v Urias: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25 fireball cure light wounds(?): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

"My thanks." Urias retrieves the wand though he couldn't shake the feeling that Gwen was attempting something else.

He shook it off since at last his wounds have healed. That's the important thing.

"Shall we go on?"

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 6|6|3; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism
Conditions:

As mentioned above Argenta cannot fail to UMD any wand. If you want healing outside of combat she will activate a wand for you so please just go ahead and heal yourself. You can ask but every time just assume the answer is yes unless something urgent is going on.

Lets go people!

How long between us entering the room in the Archive and reaching our next destination?

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

It takes around an hour to get out of the Grand lodge and make your way through the bustling streets of Absalom to get to the Arcanamirium.

history or local DC10:

The Arcanamirium is the oldest and largest magical college in Absalom, as well as perhaps the most prestigious academy of arcane arts in the entire Inner Sea region.

The campus is dotted with gothic-style stone structures and imposing
marble towers, with apprentice wizards hurrying between buildings on their way to classes.

You arrive at a reception desk, where you are greeted by a gnome with a cheerful smile. "Hello... how can I help you?"

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17; Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

Grog turns to the gnome, stares at him and says in a rough voice.

"Zarta from the Pathfinder Society send us to get two items. We need to ward them."

101 to 150 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 09-05 Call of the Copper Gate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.