[PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 09-05 Call of the Copper Gate

Game Master Aerondor

Map


1 to 50 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Alarm bells blare throughout the Pathfinder Society's Grand Lodge as chaos reigns in one of the vaults below. The PCs must venture into the vaults to put a stop to the mysterious incident. They quickly learn, however, that what has happened in the Grand Lodge is almost certainly not an isolated event. It falls to the PCs to follow this disruption's trail, a mission that puts them on a collision course with mysterious forces that wish to unleash horrors from beyond reality upon Golarion.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield

Not again.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

BTW, feel free to drop your information into the discussion thread, which is open.

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17(18 w haste); Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

A tall half orc with an axe moves into the room. "I heard an alarm what's going on?"

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

"Whoo?"

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 5|6|2; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism, Shield, PfE, MI, ER
Conditions: MI: 4 Images

A tall, dark haired woman in dark orange and yellow robes wanders into the Hall and looks around. She cocks her heard to one side and listens, Is that an alarm I can hear, is something up I wonder she muses, amost to herself. Oh well, if we are needed I am sure someone will call on us.

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

"Whoo??"

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Loud wheezing can be heard as a rather skinny half orc rushes into the room, his weapon in hand.

"What is going on." he breathes out harshly as he seems to have some trouble catching his breath.

"Is this a drill?"

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

"Whoo!?"

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* | protection from evil

What's this noise again? Something happen to the Museum or the Aspis are attacking again the grand lodge?

Asks a young woman with raven hairs and pale skin. She has a holy symbol of Pharasma around her neck and wears black and gray clothes, but clearly well designed and cut at the latest of fashion.

I'm Tatiana by the way.

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

Nods and turns her head away.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC (22)25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage, Prot Evil (not included in stats)

A suit of Dwarf sized full plate with the visor down clanks his way into the room with the others "What in the blazes is goin' on?" He stops to lift the visor and have a look around the room. An older Dwarven man with a balding head and salt and pepper beard looks around at the others, pauses on a couple faces he recognizes.

"Hey I know you..." looking straight at Argenta and Gwen, and giving Hera a side-eye "And ye brought the bird too..." He flips the bird the bird with a grin then introduces himself to the others, making his way around the room. He removes his gauntlet and offers up a hearty handshake to everyone minus the owl.

"I'm Ironshanks Magee at yer service. Keep behind the wall of steel and watch yer toes n we'll make out in this just fine!" He hoots, speaking as if the only adult in a room of fresh neophyte recruits.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield
Grog half orc wrote:
A tall half orc with an axe moves into the room. "I heard an alarm what's going on?"
Argenta Ibn Jad wrote:
A tall, dark haired woman in dark orange and yellow robes wanders into the Hall and looks around. She cocks her heard to one side and listens, Is that an alarm I can hear, is something up I wonder she muses, amost to herself. Oh well, if we are needed I am sure someone will call on us.
Urias Leogil wrote:

Loud wheezing can be heard as a rather skinny half orc rushes into the room, his weapon in hand.

"What is going on." he breathes out harshly as he seems to have some trouble catching his breath.

"Is this a drill?"

Over the BLARING RACKET!! Gwen recognizes the detailing on the approaching bearded armor, but not any of the others. She's a librarian. She's supposed to be down here, but who are these people and why are they here? Given their looks she could easily guess they were Society members. She looks them over once more. Geez, the next thing you know the Decemvirate will be letting goblins in.

"YES! IT IS AN ALARM! I DON'T KNOW WHY IT WAS SOUNDED! I'M GWEN, ONE OF THE LIBRARIANS. THIS IS HERA!" Then, in the spirit of inquiry she shouts "WHO ARE YOU!?" at the others.

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

The owl on her shoulder does a double-take, flaps, and rolls her eyes in a pantomime of exasperation as if to say What do you think I've been trying to find out all this time?

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Audible alarm spells fill the Grand Lodge with shrill chimes, as apprentice Pathfinders hustle through the ground floor locking doors
and casting protective spells. Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin rounds the corner in a visibly agitated state, with Paracountess Zarta Dralneen impatiently dogging at his heels. “Ambrus, this kind of situation is exactly why I founded the Dark Archive in the first place. Give me and my agents a chance to…

A chance to what, Zarta? Tinker around with unstudied artifacts while Pathfinders’ lives might be at risk?[b]” Valsin’s voice booms curtly over the alarms. As if startled by the harsh sound of his voice, Valsin flinches and quickly gains his composure. “[b]I’m sorry, Zarta. I understand your point; I just can’t think about it right now while something is happening inside our very walls. If you can marshal a team to put a lid on this debacle, I’m sure the Decemvirate will give you some more rope. Just be careful you don’t wind up hanging yourself with it.

As Valsin stalks down the corridor checking to see if the doors are secured, Zarta turns, a sly smirk spreading across her face. “That’s the closest I’ve gotten to a ‘yes’ in months. Of course, now we have to prove that we can handle emergencies like this in a pinch. Come along then. I’ll explain on the way.

Zarta rushes down a flight of spiral stairs, drawing a crooked wand from the folds of her dress. “As you may know, the Dark Archive has been gathering, cataloging, and reinforcing magical wards over all manner of dangerous or mysterious items, some of which we store in these underground vaults. Apparently one of the items has activated and malfunctioned. The good news is that our alarm system and lockdown procedure ran swimmingly; the bad news is that now we have a bizarre magical device wreaking havoc in our basement. That is where you come in.

Zarta stops outside a stone door with sickly yellow roots lazily snaking between its edges. “This is the vault. All we know is that whatever is inside is animating the other devices stored in here, and spewing plant-like matter throughout the room. The plants aren’t any sort I’ve seen before, so I would recommend caution. I’ve brought a wand that I should be able to use to repel the flora. You all take care of the animated items and disarm whatever’s causing this situation, preferably without damaging it until we can learn more. Understood?

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* | protection from evil

Lady Zarta, It's a pleasure to meet you!
What is this wand and what it does? Do you know what items are stored in this vault?

Asks Tatiana

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

"What can we expect to find in the vault, Lady Zarta?" Urias asks.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield
GM Aerondor wrote:
Zarta rushes down a flight of spiral stairs, drawing a crooked wand from the folds of her dress. “As you may know, the Dark Archive has been gathering, cataloging, and reinforcing magical wards over all manner of dangerous or mysterious items, some of which we store in these underground vaults. Apparently one of the items has activated and malfunctioned. The good news is that our ALARM SYSTEM and lockdown procedure ran swimmingly....

"YES, THAT'S GREAT NEWS!" Gwen shouts over the siren. "ANY CHANCE WE CAN GET THEM TO WORK A LITTLE LESS WELL?"

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 5|6|2; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism, Shield, PfE, MI, ER
Conditions: MI: 4 Images

Argenta nods at Urias, Good question, this doesn't look normal!

Before entering Argenta casts several spells on herself. From wands she casts mage armour, heroism, longstrider and shield. She extends a fly on herself and equps herself with her selective metamagic rod.

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

Hera turns her head toward Zarta and asks: "WHOO?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC (22)25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage, Prot Evil (not included in stats)

The metal encased Dwarf marches along with Valsin, definitely in his corner on this disagreement. To his dismay Valsin gives Zarta the leeway she wanted. Nothin' good comes from all those strange magic bobbles! He thinks to himself as he looks at the whipping and slithering plants coming from under the door.

"Well hells. You magicians think you can turn them things off once I get ya to 'em? If not then I'm gonna hafta bust 'em up... Just warnin' ya." He draws out his war axe and drags it along the floor, the blade cutting a deep gouge thanks to the adamantine axe head.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield
Ironshanks Magee wrote:
"Well hells. You magicians think you can turn them things off once I get ya to 'em? If not then I'm gonna hafta bust 'em up... Just warnin' ya."

"MAYBE START WITH THE SIREN!" shouts Gwendolyn.

Dark Archive

Female Owl | hp 10/12 | AC 17 T 15 FF 14 | CMD 10 | F +2 R +5 W +6, imp. evasion | Spd 10', Fly 40' (ave.) | Init +3 | Fly +7, KnArc +1, KnHis +0, KnLoc +0, Perc +10, Scrft +2, SensM +2, Stlth +15 | mage armor

"WHOO!?"

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

"You must really dislike that siren...."

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield

"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE OF THE SIREN!"

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Zarta nods at the questions, licking her lips lasciviously as she leads you toward the vault. "I don't know exactly what is in there." she points to the tendrils coming under the doorway. "Maybe some seeds. The vault was a general storage space that was used for as yet unappraised items." she explains.

Going to hold off to give qstor a chance to jump in here. Feel free to ask other questions if you have them. We'll advance tomorrow with or without him.

Shaking her head Zarta nods to Gwendolyn. "A silence spell would be nice sometimes I think."

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 5|6|2; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism, Shield, PfE, MI, ER
Conditions: MI: 4 Images

Any idea what is causing the disruption or just how the hell we can disarm it? Argenta shouts over the sirens.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield

"DID YOU SAY 'BABY SUN DEEDS'?" Gwen asks of Zarta. "A SILENCE SPELL WOULD BE NICE RIGHT NOW!"

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17(18 w haste); Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

"Where does it lead?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC (22)25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage, Prot Evil (not included in stats)

Ironshanks looks back and forth between the women, the owl and the vines and simply slams the visor of his helm down, patiently waiting out the alarm system.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

"It is just a storeroom. Make your preparations and let us get to it before any more damgae is done." sighs Zarta.

Let me know in your next post if you are pre-casting any more spells.

Zarta removes a key and opens the door.

Sticky, humid air saturates this dome-shaped chamber, and veins of yellow-green tendrils form a web across its stone walls. A thin layer of slimy green pollen coats the hundreds of small curios scattered throughout the room, as well as the sundered crates that once stored them. Bulbous tubes of spiny fungus sprawl across the floor, connected to thick columns that reach up to the ceiling and dangle pods of prickly, putrid fruit. All of these growths are rooted to a glowing glass sphere filled with churning yellow protoplasm, which hovers six feet above the floor. Two bands of coalesced spores encircle the sphere like planetary rings.

See map. The ceiling is 30' high in the centre, lower at the edges.
Put your figures on the map. You can ask Zarta to clear a specific area with a know(nature) or diplomacy check

Worryingly in the middle of the room, a number of crates seem to have broken open, and the parts(?) within seem to have assembled themselves into ... somethings. One appears to be a cohesive pile of junk that is stomping around. The other is a swirling storm of smaller parts, scouring the area around it.

Initiative everyone, anyone equalling or beating a 14 may act.

Dark Archive

Female Human (Garundi-Osirian) Sorcerer (arcane bloodline) 4 | hp 21/25 | AC 12 T 12 FF 11 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +5 | Spd 30' | Init +1 | KnArc +8, KnHis +9, KnLoc +7, Perc +0 (+3 in shadow, +2 w Hera)), Scrft +11, SensM +0 | spells 1st-6/7, 2nd-3/4 | mage armor, shield

Have the sirens stopped yet? If not, stealthy plate mail dwarves!

Gwen casts mage armor on herself, light on her stave, and detect magic which she concentrates on upon entering. Hera stays perched on her shoulder.

With a few words of magic, Gwen's staff and eyes glow the colour of magic--octarine, a sort of purplish-yellow with cinnamon tasting sprinkles, and a smell like dust on sun-warmed mahogany mixed with lime yogurt. Though of course you have to have the sight to see such a color.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

GM Aerondor wrote:
Worryingly in the middle of the room, a number of crates seem to have broken open, and the parts(?) within seem to have assembled themselves into ... somethings. One appears to be a cohesive pile of junk that is stomping around. The other is a swirling storm of smaller parts, scouring the area around it.[/ooc]

Can we recognize the any of the phenomenon when we see them?

Knowledge (stuff, see modifiers above): 1d20 ⇒ 1 Well, I'm glad I got all of those rolls out of the way. ;)

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Initative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
wow.

"I don't suppose clearing out a bit of area for us to stand and not get affected by those horrible looking plants maybe good?" Urias sniffles as his nose begins to weep......

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* | protection from evil

Tatiana moves in, rapier in hand.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Tatiana is surprised by what is going on in the room!
What's going on here?!

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 5|6|2; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism, Shield, PfE, MI, ER
Conditions: MI: 4 Images

Arcana to identify if relevant: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Arcana to identify if relevant: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Argenta has no other knowledge skills

Initaitve: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

That weird orb thing seems to be the focus of the disruption, can you clear us a path to it Zarta?

My axctions will depend on whether or not I can identify the creatures

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Core Fighter 4 HP 44/44 | AC (22)25 , T 12, FF 23 | CMB:+7 CMD:19 Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +10 Stonecunning, 60' Darkvision Effects: 1 STR damage, Prot Evil (not included in stats)

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception, +2 vs stone: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

As Zarta prepares to open the door, Ironshanks straps on his heavy wooden shield and keeps his axe at the ready. "Ready when you are Missy!" Echoes out of his steel helm and visor.

Lucky for him no one can see the look of dismay, anxiety, and annoyance on the Dwarf's face as the scene before him unfolds. Looks like an overgrown swamp in there.. hopefully the floor is solid.

He moves into the room, taking point but keeping his axe at the ready in case anything decides to come at them.

Readied Attack, 5' reach:

1H Adamantine Waraxe, Power Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 2 = 211d10 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 4 = 19

Sorry, I now reread your init cutoff, consider this to be his turn coming up and I'll back him up.

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Argenta:
The swarmy thing is a variant junk golem. You can ask one question about it.

Zarta steps forward and uses her wand to clear the entrance.

Status, bold may post
Argenta
Urias
Grog

Creatures
Tatiana
Ironshanks
Gwen
Zarta

Grog init: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Areas not cleared are counted as Heavy Undergrowth. They can be attacked if you wish to help clear them. As can the larger "Trees" that they spring from.

For those who don't memorise all the rules about heavy undergrowth:

Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into and provides concealment with a 30% miss chance (instead of the usual 20%). It increases the DC of Acrobatics checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Stealth checks. Running and charging are impossible. Squares with undergrowth are often clustered together. Undergrowth and trees aren’t mutually exclusive; it’s common for a 5-foot square to have both a tree and undergrowth.

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 5|6|2; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism, Shield, PfE, MI, ER
Conditions: MI: 4 Images

Be warned everone, that is some sort of junk golem!

How do they react to magic? Mostly interested in magic immunity given its a golem

Argenta takes to the air and flies high up over the golems towards the orb to get a closer look at it. Try to distract them, I will see if I can do something with this she says waving her arms around uncertainly.

Argenta double moves and remains 15' in the air, flying over the orb to get a look at it. Is it apprent if anything can be done to shut it down?

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17(18 w haste); Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

Grog moves in axe in hand.

Int: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Argenta:
Generally they are immune to most magic that allows spell resistance. There are some specific exceptions. You recall what they are, but not the effect the spell has on them: Shatter, Grease, Arcane lock, Hold portal, wood shape, rusting grasp.

Grog, I rolled init for you earlier. Can you add yourself to the map, and then take your action.

Status, bold may post
Argenta
Urias
Grog

Creatures
Tatiana
Ironshanks
Gwen
Zarta

The Exchange

Female Human Sorcerer 7 Init +7 | HP 52|52 | AC20, T11, FF19, +2 vs evil | Fort +11 Ref +7, Will +10 Resist Fire 5 | CMD 12 | Perception +20, SM +16
Resources:
Spells 5|6|2; Claws 9|9; Reroll: unused
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Heroism, Shield, PfE, MI, ER
Conditions: MI: 4 Images

Be careful everyone, these are golems, magic pretty much doesnt work on them unless spell resitance doesnt apply. I am afraid most of my spells wont work on them.

Argenta has taken her action, she double moved fllying into the room and heading over the weird orb thing.

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

"So Cold steel will work where magic won't?" Urias calls out as he looks for a clear area for him to move....decides and swings his axe against the closest 'tree'.

Attack Tree... 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 151d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Urias finds his axe effective against the massive column. But it is a massive column. It will take a lot more than just one blow to bring this down.

Think how long it would take to cut through a tree five foot thick...

Can someone suggest an action for Grog?

Status, bold may post
Grog

Creatures
(tree near Urias - 9 hp damage)
Tatiana
Ironshanks
Gwen
Zarta
Argenta
Urias

Dark Archive

#76925-48 Male Half Orc Sickly Savage 5 | HP: 51/51 (58)| AC: 17(15/12 (10)/15 (13) |Init: +1| Perc: +9| Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: 4| CMB: +8 (+10)| CMD: 20 (22)| L.bow: +7;1d8| A.Halberd: +9;1d10+4||
Skills:
Acrobatics: +3| Appraise:+0| Bluff:+0| Climb:-1| Diplo:+0| Intimidate: +6| Kn.(Nature/Dun/Eng): +4| Kn.(Religion) +1| S. M: +2| Stealth: -2| Survival: +8| Swim: -1| Prof (LumberJack) +8|

I'm a lumberjack by profession lol. Not me Urias that is. I'd suggest Grog go chop something too. Clear the way!

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

The vines (other than the main trunks) look like they would be *much* easier to chop through

Lantern Lodge

Sign up sheet Dragon.

Going to keep things moving
Grog delays, obviously befuddled by the bizarre scene before him.

The two things in the room move forward, the more intact creature obviously hindered by crossing the vines that snake around the room. The flying swarm of parts however continues forward and moves over the top of Urias, who is hurt by the multitude of flying parts and sharp objects.

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 And a fort DC 14 save to avoid further injury

Several of the vines that had withered under the effect of Zarta's spell grow back..
regen: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Zarta again wields her wand this time focusing on the 'tree' that Urias cut into. It withers and dies.

Status, bold may post
Tatiana
Ironshanks
Gwen
Argenta
Urias 8 damage & Fort DC 14 save required.
Grog

Creatures - round 2
Zarta

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* | protection from evil

Not able to do much, Tatiana moves out while drawing a wand and then uses it to bless her allies.

Bless: +1 moral bonus to attack, and to Will save against fear effect

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17(18 w haste); Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2

can someone move me near the vines, on phone

Grog swings at the vines

attacks bless: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

damage: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Sovereign Court

HP 28/28 | AC20 (15FF, 15T) | Perception +9, Sense Motive +8 | +5 Init | Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +5* | protection from evil

I've moved your token

Liberty's Edge

Male 1/2 orc Rng 4/Ftr 2 | HP 52 | AC 17(18 w haste); Touch 11; FF 17 | F +10; R +4; W +5 | CMB+11; CMD 22 | Speed 30 ft | Init +0 | Perc +9 | Stealth: +4 Ranger 4/Fighter 2
Tatiana Malkolva wrote:
I've moved your token

Thanks!

1 to 50 of 351 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS_CORE_Aerondor] 09-05 Call of the Copper Gate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.