Gameday VIII: GM Kate's Acts of Association

Game Master Kate Baker


1 to 50 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Here you will associate with some acts!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

You all have a meeting request in the Lorespire Complex.

Your host has not arrived to the meeting room yet, so please introduce yourselves to each other while you're waiting!

Paizo Employee

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LG male ysoki mercenary soldier 1| SP 8/8; HP 9/9; RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 ; darkvision 60 ft.|Speed 25 ft. | tactical doshko +3 (1d12+2 P)| hunting rifle +3 (1d8 P) | Active Conditions:

A cheerful-looking ysoki tottles into the room. His smartly polished armor and tactical doshko are stylized to resemble a knight's regalia from a long-lost era. "Hello!" he shouted to no one in particular. Realizing he was the first, he took a seat and began idly twisting his doshko.

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

A tall man with a calm demeanor arrives into the room. His long, well-cared brown hair is gathered loosely in a ponytail that slowly sways as he walks. As soon as he catches a glimpse of the Ysoki, a bright, warm smile illuminates his features, and he extends a hand in a swish of soft-colored garments.

"Hello! I am Zahvos Corvus, nice to meet you! To whom do I owe the pleasure?"

He then sits in one of the chairs of the meeting room, appreciating his surroundings with the eye of a connoisseur. A small wooden totem is hung on his belt, next to a small datapad.

"Can't say I'm not happy to get a break from work." He says with a grin. "Well, normal work, anyway."

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

Next to enter is a Lashunta wearing a formal yet functional business suit with a few extra cargo pockets. Emblazoned on the shoulders is a symbol of Eox. His expression is a bit dour to match the streaks of grey throughout his hair which shine in the light of the black mote rotating around his head.

"Greetings to you all. I am Kharos an ambassador from Eox...a living one. Sorry for being a bit tardy but the list of errands they have me run is always quite long." he apologizes but his face scrunches a bit on the word "they".

He extends his hand to each member.'

"My normal work is meetings and filling out papers so I relish the chance, myself."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Skittermander Operative 3

The room's door opens once again, revealing an orange skittermander dressed in a silky, cream-colored suit. The skittermander enters with five of his six arms extended, with his lower left holding onto a can of orange soda.

"Hello Nufriends!" the skittermander exclaims to the room. "My name is Zoombo Deskarin, but my friends call me 'Zoom', and that's all of you now! Hello hello!" Zoom takes a sip of orange soda before he pulls out a small datapad from his suit jacket with his middle-left hand.

"It's lovely to meet all of you! Baxter, Zahvos, Kharos... and I'm sure more nufriends will be joining us soon!" Zoom moves around the room, clasping your hands in a warm hand shake with both of his top hands while his middle right hand plugs away information into the datapad held in his left middle. His lower left still clasps his soda, which he sips between making introductions.

"I'm here to give it all-six and help out with everything I've got. I can't wait to go on this mission and..." Zoom looks around, suddenly puzzled. "Wait, what is our mission anyway? Does anybody know?" He takes a quick gulp of soda and looks around expectantly, hoping somebody present has an answer.

Paizo Employee

LG male ysoki mercenary soldier 1| SP 8/8; HP 9/9; RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 ; darkvision 60 ft.|Speed 25 ft. | tactical doshko +3 (1d12+2 P)| hunting rifle +3 (1d8 P) | Active Conditions:

"Ah, greeting, young Zahvos and Kharos! I am Baxter Bumble, loyal squire of the Starfinder Society. The pleasure is certainly mine!" Baxter goes around, excitedly shaking the others' hands.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

We still need two more check-ins, but I don't want to hold up the game for too long.

The door to the well-appointed conference room opens, and Chiskisk, a member of the Starfinder Society’s Forum, enters, their antennae bobbing rhythmically as they move to take a seat at the head of the table.

“Welcome, colleagues. As you know, the Starfinder Society has been quite efficacious of late. The acts of brave agents like yourselves has made the Society once-again respected and known throughout Near Space and even in some areas of the Vast. We have been quick to capitalize on these new opportunities. Recently, the Society has reached out to nearly a dozen new civilizations with which we have mutual interests. At this moment, the Lorespire Complex is brimming with ambassadors, dignitaries, and probably also spies from many worlds.

“I had the honor to conclude preliminary negotiations with one such ambassador. They are about to sign an exclusive exploration and trade treaty with the Starfinder Society, largely based on our recent exploits. However…” the shirren pauses awkwardly, then moves to an expansive window that overlooks the Lorespire campus.

“The delegate has requested a recess in negotiations to explore Absalom Station before signing the agreement. Of course, I granted them freedom of the station, as long as they accepted an escort of local Starfinder agents to see to their every need.” The shirren turns
back to face the conference table. “That ‘escort,’ of course, would be you!”

Chiskisk slides a data disk across the table. “Here is the dossier on the visiting dignitary you’ll be escorting. Find out what they’re interested in seeing, and take them there. Be gracious hosts, entertaining tour guides, bodyguards, or social planners, as the dignitary requires. It should go without saying that this emissary’s safety and security are paramount, as is their continued goodwill toward the Society. If you do a good job, we might just secure the opportunity to explore a new world. Any questions?”

Dossier is up in the Slides!

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Zahvos' face brightens at the mention of dignitaries, guided tours and escorts.
"Ooooohh! What an amazing chance!" He looks at the dossiers on his datapad. "I've never seen anyone like this on Absalom Station. Does he come with terms for all the species he represents? If so, it might be hard to please them all. But oh, what an opportunity!" He seems as excited as a child about to go to an amusement park.

He stays silent for a moment, then he looks up with a queer look on his face. "Does that mean... We won't have to leave Absalom Station? No need to board a ship, right?" His voice becomes hoarse as he speaks of ships, and he looks at Chiskisk, waiting for an answer.

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

"Fascinating, I have never met a Vlaka. I look forward to showing this Lycos of the Sanctum of The Ten Trees around the station. Hopefully he does not ask about Eox." he muses with enthusiasm after reading the dossier.

"I don't think we will need to, Zahvos, unless we are to show him the Armada if requested. Did you have a concern about flight? I suppose it will all be up to our dignitary." he asks concerned.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

"Greetings, Chiskisk!" Zoom exclaims, taking a quick sip of soda. "It's wonderful to meet you!"

After taking a moment to say hello, Zoom reviews the dossier.

"Well this is facinating! Do we know anything about what Lycos of the Sanctum of Ten Trees likes to do? Places that he... er... Lycos of the Sanctum of Ten Trees would like to see?"

Zoom continues to struggle with not using pronouns to refer to the delgate. "If we know where... uh, Lycos of the Sancum of Ten Trees likes to go, we'll be prepared to be great hosts!"


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"My impression is that Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees has things to do around Absalom Station. You shouldn't need to get on a ship."

Paizo Employee

LG male ysoki mercenary soldier 1| SP 8/8; HP 9/9; RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 ; darkvision 60 ft.|Speed 25 ft. | tactical doshko +3 (1d12+2 P)| hunting rifle +3 (1d8 P) | Active Conditions:

Baxter uploads the dossier to his datapad and peruses. "Ah, Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees! A majestic name fitting for a representative of such repute. Certainly his home world is of the utmost interest, and we shall treat his visit with the utmost importance!"

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gamuzali Light Spider, Scion of Stars | Male Vesk Solarian 2 SP 9/16 HP 20/20 RP 3/3 | KAC 16 EAC 14 | Saves F+4 R+0 W+3 | Initiative +0; Perception +4; Low-light vision | Thunderstrike Pulse Gauntlet: 20/20 | Status: N/A

Suddenly, what appeared to be some sort of statue of a warrior in heavy armor shifts, and the being inside speaks with a hoarse hiss of a voice, "Excuse me, Baxter, might I also see the dossier?" The warrior's visor lifts to reveal the vesk with unusually pale scales and light red eyes. He steps toward the ysoki and extends a hand to take the disk.

After uploading and reviewing the dossier for himself, the vesk probes Chikisk for details about the negotiations thus far, "What sort of resources has Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees expressed interested in so far? Perhaps we could direct Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees's tour toward sections of the station that would demonstrate the availability of such resources.

"Also, just for clarity's sake, this agreement will only be between the Arnasis colonies and the Starfinder Society, correct? Or is this a broader treaty that would create trade opportunities for the whole Pact Worlds system?

"Ah, and one more thing," the vesk says, turning his gaze from Chiskisk to his fellow Starfinders, "I am Gamuzali. Forgive my silence earlier. I must confess that I am recovering from a party on the sun. Or on a platform near the sun at least. Excuse me." He bows to the others, then turns back to await his answers from Chiskisk.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees has shown a great interest in local cuisine and also has mentioned wanting to bring things back for his family. You will have to ask Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees for more information. And yes, this agreement is only with the Starfinder Society. We may even be able to set up a Lodge there if all goes well."

I'll give our last player until this evening, and then move you along.

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

"Souvenirs and cuisine? That sounds quite easy but his tastes may make it more difficult. It always is more difficult than first appearing isn't it?" Kharos asks of the group.

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Zahvos blushes at Kharos' question.

"Uhmm, I have uhh... Motion sickness... Yeah, that's it. Interstellar travel doesn't mix well with my intestines." The man then turns to the two Starfinders he hasn't greeted yet and extends a calloused hand.

"The pleasure is mine, Zoombo and Gamuzali!" He says with an amiable smile.

"Oh, local cuisine! That's perfect, I know some great places around Absalom Station!" He fidgets around in his seat. "I can't wait to meet Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees!"

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom takes another quick sip of soda with his bottom left hand while using his middle hands to access the local infosphere on his datapad to look up places to eat.

"By the way, since we're responsible for entertaining Lycos of the Ten... Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees... do we have a Society credstick we could put all this on? A year in the Scoured Stars left me a little bit short on creds if we're eating at places that diplomats usually like to eat at."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

"The Society intends to reimburse you for reasonable expenses for the dignitary and yourselves: meals, transportation, tickets to desired social events. Please, no gifts though, not for Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees and especially not for yourselves. Are you ready to meet Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees?"

You might know more about vlakas or Arnasis with a Culture check to recall knowledge or a Diplomacy check to gather information!

10+:
Vlakas originate from a cold world orbiting a dying star. They resemble humanoid wolves, with white or pale-gray fur covering their bodies.

15+:
Many vlakas wander the worlds and often serve as envoys or negotiators due to their positive outlooks and open, trusting nature.

20+:
Arnasis is an ice world with many small but cosmopolitan settlements. Besides vlakas, these settlements include large populations of humans and dwarves and small clans of uplifted bears.

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Zahvos whips out his datapad and starts contacting people.

"Let me see if I can get some for information about Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees."

Diplomacy, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (5) = 19
Damn, only 1 short

After a few minutes he gets some answers. "Here you go. Well, as written in the dossier, Vlakas are humanoid wolves with pale fur living on a cold world orbiting a dying star." He continues reading and exclaims: "Ooh that's interesting. Many Vlakas are open and trusting, so a lot of them act as negociators or envoys on other worlds."

Paizo Employee

LG male ysoki mercenary soldier 1| SP 8/8; HP 9/9; RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 ; darkvision 60 ft.|Speed 25 ft. | tactical doshko +3 (1d12+2 P)| hunting rifle +3 (1d8 P) | Active Conditions:

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Baxter beams. "That's great information, young Zahvos! I wish I had thought to look for that! I think we're prepared for Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees."

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"Couldn't've said it better myself, Zahvos!" Zoom chimes in.

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Zhavos, you are quite right! Arnasis is an ice world with many small but cosmopolitan settlements. it has large populations of humans and dwarves and small clans of uplifted bears. So he should have some wonderful stories of his own" Kharos adds.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Chiskisk gives you directions to one of the guest room in the Lorespire's central housing area. A vlaka answers the door and greets you enthusiastically. He turns his ears toward each of you as you speak.

"Hello! You must be the Pathfinders Chiskisk sent. I am Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees! I can't wait to explore Absalom Station with all of you!"

As you speak with Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees, you can attempt some checks. If you want to improve his attitude, please attempt a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check. You can also try to learn more about Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees with a Culture or Sense Motive check.

DC 15 Culture or Sense Motive check #1:
Politeness seems to be very important to Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees. The dignitary expects any confrontations to be resolved by peaceful means whenever possible. If you get into a combat without first trying to resolve the situation diplomatically, it will lower his impression of you.

DC 15 Culture or Sense Motive check #2:
Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees seems a little nervous about being left alone. If all of you are more than 30 feet away from him for more than a round, it will lower his impression of you.

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

"Lycos of the Sanctum of Ten Trees! My name is Kharos, Ambassador of Eox. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope the Lorespire is to your liking so far? It may be a bit different compared to Arnasis but I hope to hear about that from you." he says with with a deep bow.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Greetings, Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees! Zahvos imitates Kharos by bowing. "I am Zahvos Corvus, dockworker and member of the Starfinder Society." He says with a big smile. "It is our pleasure to welcome you here, in Lorespire Complex and Absalom Station." Zahvos is much more formal than he appeared back in the briefing room, but keeps his amiable smile. "If you should ever require anything, you need only ask."

Diplomacy, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (4) = 14

As Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees speaks, Zahvos listens closely.
Not quite sure if we are allowed to try both checks or no? If not, please disregard the diplomacy check.
Sense Motive, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (3) = 20


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Yes, you can try both Sense Motive/Culture checks, and the Diplomacy check if you'd like! In a F2F game, I'd call for them a little more organically during the coversation, but in PBP, it's just easier to put all the mechanical stuff up front.

"Thank you, Kharos, Ambassador of Eox. It is a pleasure to be here. And thank you, Zahvos Corvus, dockworker and member of the Starfinder Society. I will admit I am anxious to try some of the local cuisine that Absalom Station is so known for. I listened to a review of a restaurant called Perfexion that sounds just fascinating!"

DC 12 Culture or relevant Profession check to have heard of Perfexion:
Perfexion is an upscale eatery, where expert lashunta chefs prepare food at diners’ tables after psychically assessing their eating preferences. Unfortunately, the list for reservations is several weeks long.

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Just realised I haven't put a point in Sense Motive for some reason. As such my roll result is only 16, but that's still enough to open a spoiler.

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Zahvos smiles at the mention of Perfexion.
"Oh! I know this place! A very good choice indeed; it is said that the chefs, being lashunta, can prepare exquisite meals upon psychically reading your tastes." A frown appears on his face. "But there is a lot of demand, and the waiting list is extremely long." He ponders for a moment and adds with a smile: "We shall have to figure something out! Let me see if I can pull some strings..."

Waiting for the rest of the team to see what we're going to do

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom will evaluate the situation (using sense movive) before attempting a Bluff check to exaggerate just how exciting Absalom Station can be.

Sense Motive 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Sense Motive 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Zoom takes a sip of soda before speaking.

"Hello, Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees! We in the Starfinder Society are very happy you have made it safely to Absalom Station. My name is Zoombo, but all of my friends call me Zoom! We are overjoyed to be able to escort you all around Absalom Station - wherever you want to go, whatever you want to experience, we will take you there and make it happen! Absalom Station is the jewel of the Pact Worlds - no other world compares to this station in terms of entertainment, culture, or tourist attractions! The finest foods, the best entertainment, all here!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Culture about Perfexion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

"Perfexion is a great choice for a place to eat! They have a very unique atmosphere that everyone should experience at least once. Just give us a few moments to arrange transportation and we should be able to leave soon!"

Nobody here has telepathy up right now, do they?

Paizo Employee

LG male ysoki mercenary soldier 1| SP 8/8; HP 9/9; RP 3/3 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +3; Ref +2; Will +2 | Init +2 | Perception +0 ; darkvision 60 ft.|Speed 25 ft. | tactical doshko +3 (1d12+2 P)| hunting rifle +3 (1d8 P) | Active Conditions:

Culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

”Ah, esteemed Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees! I am but your loyal vassal Baxter Bumble of the Starfinder Society. We wish to provide you nothing but the best during your time with us!”

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

”As my esteemed colleagues said, Perfexion is an excellent choice!”

Not I!

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I just saw that we could try both SM checks, so:

Sense Motive #2, Expertise: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12

Me neither!


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

If you don't have telepathy, and you don't want him to overhear you, texting either other is fine!

"Hello, Zoom, if I may call you that! And hello, Baxter Bumble of the Starfinder Society! Yes, I look forward to trying this menu that is psychically determined!"


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Let me know if you're ready to head to the restaurant! I was pausing in case you wanted to do anything beforehand.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom begins typing into his datapad with his middle set of hands. In addition to looking up directions for Perfexion, he opens a group chat with the party.

"Anybody have any ideas how we're going to get Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees a table? The list for reservations at this place is usually several weeks long!"

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

"If that is your choice, Lycos of the Sanctum of Ten Trees, we will work something out. It does sound like a wonderful experience. Allow me to make some connections as well." he adds to the conversation while opening his device.

Kharos types a reply to the group.

I can attempt to pull some weight with my credentials but my name may not be as prominent due to being from Eox.

I have Profession (Politician) as an Icon. That may help influence a open reservation if not we have Diplomacy to try.

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Zahvos replies to the group conversation.

"That might be worth a shot. Since I work at the docks I have some contacts there as well, I could try to get us a place at the Perfexion in exchange for priority processing for their food shipments."

Exo-Guardians

Gamuzali Light Spider, Scion of Stars | Male Vesk Solarian 2 SP 9/16 HP 20/20 RP 3/3 | KAC 16 EAC 14 | Saves F+4 R+0 W+3 | Initiative +0; Perception +4; Low-light vision | Thunderstrike Pulse Gauntlet: 20/20 | Status: N/A

"It is an honor to meet the esteemed Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees," Gamuzali says with a bow to the vlaka. "I am Gamuzali Light-Spider."

Turning his attention briefly to his comm unit as it pings him, he replies to his fellow Starfinders in the group chat, "We could see if we could convince someone with a reservation for today to give up their place."


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Sounds like these are things you can try on site, so I'll move you there.

The vehicle service takes you straight to the restaurant. Reflective walls and an understated sign mark the location of Perfexion, one of Absalom Station’s most exclusive restaurants. A small crowd of well-dressed hopefuls lingers near the door while a red-velvet cordon keeps them back from passing into the establishment’s entryway.

Four vesk in ceremonial armor stand guard at the restaurant's front entrance.

Exo-Guardians

Gamuzali Light Spider, Scion of Stars | Male Vesk Solarian 2 SP 9/16 HP 20/20 RP 3/3 | KAC 16 EAC 14 | Saves F+4 R+0 W+3 | Initiative +0; Perception +4; Low-light vision | Thunderstrike Pulse Gauntlet: 20/20 | Status: N/A

Gamuzali surveys the crowd gathered around the door, trying to pick out anyone who might be easily manipulated or otherwise convinced to give up their reservation.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Zahvos nods slowly while looking at the Vesk guarding the entrance.

"See if you can arrange something here, I'll try to speak with the guards."

He walks to the entrance and addresses the Vesk with a smile:
"Good day to you! I am Zahvos Corvus, I work at the docks where the Perfexion gets their shipments from. I have some matters concerning those shipments to discuss, may I perchance speak to a manager?"

Diplomacy, Expertise: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 7 + (4) = 27

Exo-Guardians

Andriod Technomancer/1

Wandering in lost a white haired android pokes his head round the door, enters and asks "My datapad says this is where Chiskisk has been giving a briefing." His eyes blink lavender as his datapad blinks at him. "Something about an escort, though it seems a very strange thing to be doing." With a tatty rifle on his back and a bag full of tools, he looks at everyone as says, "I am nine, I will assimilate your call signs as we go, just open channels on your datapads to exchange familiarities. I am ready to activate whatever protocols are required."

As the group travel to the restaurant and conversation turns to getting a reservation, he quietly asks ZahVos. "If you fail to gain us entrance, I have some small skill that might allow us to alter their records and gain us access. I would just need some channel to the infospace or their network." The android looks at Zahvos blankly.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom follows Gazumali's lead in surveying the area.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Sense motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

He also tries to nod convincingly next to Zahvos.

Diplomacy aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"It really is an important matter that also concerns two visiting diplomats." Kharos adds standing beside Zahvos and flashing his credentials.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Gamuzali and Zoombo try to find a person in line who give up their seat, but it seems like everyone in line is hoping for a spot and doesn't have reservations themselves.

Zahvos and Kharos, on the other hand, have some better luck, as the vesk direct them to a lashunta in an elegant black dress.

"Yes, I understand that you're with one of our suppliers?"

Exo-Guardians

Andriod Technomancer/1

Whilst Zahvos gets busy with the lashunta, Granit-9 takes his datapad and using a secured wireless link to the infosphere, searches the facial recognition LinkinStation app for employees of the restaurant that would match the Lashunta and their job information, anything that might aid Zahvos in his ability to get a table.

Computers 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 If he can also identify any supplier, he will gather that information too.


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

Granit-9 can definitely find a few companies that supply Perfexion to help out Zahvos and Kharos.

Wayfinders

"Zahvos Corvus" Male CG Human Envoy 1 (Xenoseeker) | SP 7/7 ; HP 10/10 ; RP 4/4 | EAC 13 ; KAC 14 | Ft +1; Rf +4 ; Wi +2 | Init. +6 ; Perc. +4; SM. +4+1d6 (Expertise) | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Zahvos thanks Granit-9 for his help, and walks to the Lashunta. He bows slightly, then scratches his beard upon hearing her question, and replies hesitantly:

"I oversee some of the shipment transfers. I know that it can sometimes be awfully long for the crates to get through the docks." He takes a deep breath and continues on. "Listen, we've got a diplomat visiting Absalom Station for the first time, and we want to secure an alliance with him. If you were to allow us a place in the Perfexion, I could pull some strings at the docks to get your shipments through much faster." Zahvos looks down at his datapad and sees the suppliers sent by Granit-9. "I have some contacts over at Apex Foods and at Terranova Inc. I could work with to ensure you get your ingredients faster. What do you say?" He finishes with a hopeful smile.

Not sure if I should roll Diplomacy or Bluff, I'm gonna go with Diplomacy because it wasn't a lie, but the truth was certainly stretched a little. If you think I should roll Bluff let me know (or just remove my expertise bonus since both are at +7!)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (1) = 20

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

Male Skittermander Operative 3

Zoom backs up Zahvos, commenting on how much better it is for everyone if people just help each other out.

Whichever is the applicable skill check

Diplomacy? aid another: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Bluff? aid another: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Ruins of Azlant || Acts of Association

The lashunta peers outside and sees Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees.

"I think you have yourselves an arrangement. We always keep a private dining room open for very important guests, and we'd be happy to seat you there this evening."

The lashunta goes outside and gestures for the vesks to let your party in. You are escorted to a private room, and another lashunta, this one in chef's attire, comes in.

"Welcome to Perfexion. We have no menus here. If you allow, I will read your minds to determine the most perfect meal to serve you this evening. If you do not consent, I'm afraid I cannot guarantee the Perfexion of the meal. Is everyone ready for the purest Perfexion experience?"

Lycos of the Sanctum of the Ten Trees speaks up. "I am! Yes! You may read my mind!"

Everyone else?

Wayfinders

N Male Lashunta Icon Solarian 1 | SP: 8/8 | HP: 11/11 | RP: 3/3 | EAC: 11 KAC:12 AC vs CM:20 | F:3 R:0 W:1 | Init: 0 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Active Conditions:
Skills:
Athletics: 8 | Diplomacy: 8 | Physical Science: 4 | Profession (Politician): 10

"Oh yes. Read away. Our guest wants the full experience." Kharos says willingly letting them read his mind.

1 to 50 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII GM Kate's Acts of Association All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.