EbonFist's Hao Jin Cataclysm Gameplay

Game Master EbonFist

Maps & Slides


101 to 150 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

Quensha steps forward and swings her katana.
attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden nods as if the carnage Kal and Castinus wrought was merely expected. He nocks and fires another arrow at the remaining dwarf.

Attack (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Thanks for the bot. Sorry guys!

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke moves up and fires an arrow.

Longbow (PBS, PS, bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 8
Arrow (PBS): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Ick.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

nat 4, 3, 2 for our last three rolls. Get ready for that 1!


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

I'm going to go ahead and bot Svartill to keep us moving. I know there were site issues over the weekend.

Svartill summons up another handful of cold and flings it toward the last Duergar standing.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 ⇒ 12
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

He lands a hit but doesn't do much damage.

The last remaining duergar standing steps away from Quensha and starts to GROW.

Round 3 continues The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone.

Hayden
Bocke
Svartill

Duregar with Hammer (Purple) -3HP
Kal'Ryon
Castinus
Quensha -2HP

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

"Well, that's fine. Bigger Target after all." Hayden aims again with his bow and fires an arrow.

Attack (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"You have violated the Law of Conservation of Mass-Energy for the last time!"

Longbow (PBS, PS?, bless): 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 16
Arrow (PBS): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Bocke steps back.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Hah - foolishness! A dwarf with a shortness complex!" Castinus sneers, and plunges his rapier somewhere dreadful:

rapier, bless, flanking?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 231d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Hayden lands a shot that staggers the last opponent. Bocke's follow up arrow deflects off the duergar's armor. But Castinus jumps in with a well placed rapier thrust which brings the dark dwarf down in the midst of growing.

With no further opponents evident, the Pathfinders are left with a still dire scene. Searching the bodies reveals not much of interest but a little gold and a masterwork light crossbow.

There are numerous living, but largely unaware people laying around the stone, many of them still touching it.

You can collect information about the stone for their mission in three ways:

First, a DC15 Diplomacy or Heal check to help the terrified slaves recount their experiences.

Second, you can succeed at a DC 15 Knowledge (arcana, planes, or religion) check.

Finally, a DC18 Perception check shows something strange in your reflection in the crystal.

Each character can try each check.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"You're okay now. Don't worry."

Heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

"What the heck is this thing?"

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Is my nose really that big?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

"It's ok, you're safe now. Can you tell us what happened here?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Hayden peers at the dark stone, trying to figure out what it is.

Knowledge, religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Knowledge (arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
"I think I know something about this stone. ..."

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
"There is something weird in my reflection."

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Here - take my waterskin. That's it - take a sip. There...now, tell me everything you know relevant to the Tapestry, the Consortium, any confusing or discombobulating events you have witnessed, or anything else of interest at all. Immediately. Or I take the water back."
diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (1) = 9

"oooh pretty gemstone..."
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

two nat twos in a row? urghh


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Hayden manages to sooth the prisoners enough to get some of them talking. Most of it is jumbled and confused but a wayang man with bulging eyes seems most coherent.

"The duergar captured me and drug me down here. They were saying something about a bargain with a witch and they made me touch that stone," he shivers as he glances at it, obviously disturbed by his memory. "I felt sick almost immediately and...I don't remember much after that except for...terrible dreams about a dark void."

Bocke, Hayden and Svartill form a sort of brain trust as they study the gem.

"It's drawing their souls to the...Ethereal Plane," one says.

"That matches with my hypothesis," another says.

"Yup, definitely sucking souls to the Ethereal Plane," the final one confirms.

All three of them know it is a very bad thing that should not be around.

A Svartill says, both he and Hayden notice "There is something weird in their reflections." Their visages in the gem are corpse-thin, fanged, and purple.

DC15 Knowledge (Planes) check for Svartill and Hayden:
You recognize these unusual facial features as those of a night hag.

Castinus...does his best...but has obviously offended the gods of chance.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"As much as I like magical artifacts, this one gives me the creeps. If we don't think there are people trapped inside, perhaps we should destroy it."

Bocke looks around to see if there is anyone unaccounted for, spuritually.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden stares at the grim visage he sees in the gem. "What in Heaven...?"

No fair with the two stage check. Hayden isn't trained in Knowledge, Planes, so he can't try.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Bocke doesn't notice anyone who is completely gone, spiritually. It doesn't seem as though the gem is a battery so much as a siphon. Whatever energy it has taken from the people here has already been sent on its way, never to return.

Assuming Hayden points out the unusual traits in the reflection, the rest of the party notices as well and can make the second Knowledge Check.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

"At least we should stop feeding it."

Bocke starts moving people away from the object, and looks around the cavern for any clues (in case nobody has Planes).

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke asks the prisoners, "By any chance, have you seen the witch the duergar spoke of? Any chance he or she is lurking?"

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

knowledge (planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)
Bocke Reed wrote:
...in case nobody has Planes).

I wasn't sure we needed another check, but here is one just in case.

Knowledge(Planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

I tell the rest of the party about the visage's resemblance to a night hag and that it scares the heck out of me.

As I continue to look around.

"Maybe you are right that we should destroy this thing but I'm not sure my magic ability is up to the task. I'm reluctant to carry this back to the Society for them to deal with as just being near it is giving me bad feelings. I can't imagine the lasting effects of carrying this for a while. Maybe it could be physically destroyed instead of magically dispelled."

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

"Yes, if it is a conduit for the Night Hag's power then perhaps we can close the passage by destroying the crystal?"

Quensha looks over at the stronger members of the group.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

I just realized that Kal'Ryon hasn't posted for almost a week. I sent him a PM but I'll Bot him, for the moment.

The strongest member of the group steps up, his guisarme held in both hands. Drawing it high over his head, he slammed it down on the crystal.

The moment that blade touched crystal there was a flash of light and Kal'Ryon was blasted out of existence, body and soul scattered to the edges of the planes.*

With a loud clank the blade chips off a shard of crystal, the impact sending it winging away with a loud whir.

There is a grin of joy on the Ganzi's face as he causes more chaos and prepares to swing again.

*Disregard all text in this post in italics.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus ponders whether acid might have an effect on the magical crystal. He decides in favor if giving it a try, pouring carefully one flask of acid into the area chipped by Kal's wild strike. He gives the bubbling chemical a moment to react, then indicated to the more physical members of the group that they might like to pile in on the weakened stone.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Unless the Planes checks give any other information, Bocke pulls out his quarterstaff and gives the crystal a whack.

quarterstaff: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

It takes a bit of elbow grease, but the black sapphire shatters. Destroyed, it releases a swirling legion of consumed souls to return to their original possessors, and an otherworldly scream of rage echoes through the cavern.

The captives sigh, and their complexions brighten, immediately cured of the demon fever they had suffered, though they remain quite weakened by the ordeal.

About that time, the Society's Astral rift repair team shows up, takes your report and conducts a quick forensic study, tagging and bagging your fallen foes and examining the black sapphire.

"This is a sort of siphoning stone. It's drawing souls into the Ethereal Plane."

"This must be the handiwork of the night hag Aslynn, a powerful foe who's vexed the Pathfinder Society for several years. In the past, she always stayed out of direct conflict."

The freed slaves thank you for rescuing them from certain death. "We'll help the Pathfinders in their efforts to secure the tapestry. It's the least we can do."

The PCs gain access to a special boost option for the Coordinated Maneuvers Aid Token.

For defeating the duergar and destroying the siphoning stone, one Slave Mountain success reported to the Overseer GM.

Which mission next, 1-3 or 5?

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

random: 1d5 ⇒ 4
random: 1d5 ⇒ 2 How about #2

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

GM, can you tell us if any of the missions are close to success, or is it an overall number of successes for all of them? Absent that info either #2 or #1 sound good.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

I am sorry guys. This past week has been an absolute blur and I hadn't even realized it had been a week...

Kal stands to the side, huffing slightly and leaned up against the pole arm catching his breath. A smile crosses his face as he looks out at the broken gem and feels its power dissipate.

"You know. I have always held the ratfolk in high regard."

Lets do #2


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Sir Hayden Greyrun wrote:
GM, can you tell us if any of the missions are close to success, or is it an overall number of successes for all of them? Absent that info either #2 or #1 sound good.

1 and 4 are closest to completion. 6 has the fewest successes. The other three are tied.

Leaving the ratfolk and the repair team behind, our intrepid adventurers look around and find the bridge between where they are and where they're going. As they walk along the fabric pathway that rises up from the ground. The shift in the pattern on it is more subtle this time as it changes from a mountain encircled with chains to a mountain whose top is a circle rather than the common triangular shape. The most noticeable difference it the orientation with the bottom of the chained mountain facing them and the bottom of the circle mountain away from them as they travel.

The mission is simple - Our ratfolk allies in Round Mountain sent out a call for help. The entire mountain is unstable, and dangerous creatures abound! Secure passage to the Pagoda of the Rat.

---

Round Mountain is a sphere of stone over 10 miles in diameter that Hao Jin plucked from the Darklands. Over nearly five centuries, the ratfolk of Round Mountain built a great pagoda of stone at the sphere’s center; this building serves as their temple and warren. Six years ago, the Pathfinder Society freed the ratfolk from the rule of a rakshasa called Durriya. In so doing, they gained the allegiance of Krella, a ratfolk druid and the new leader of the ratfolk. These ratfolk are one of the most influential groups in the tapestry.

When you arrive at the designated spot where you're to meet Krella’s messengers in the tunnels of Round Mountain, the floor of the narrow tunnel trembles. Pebbles clatter across the ground, and a low rumbling sound echoes from the distance.

A group of ratfolk scouts stagger into the tunnel. One of them cries out, "I hope that was the last of it!"

"Hey, you, Pathfinders!" he calls when the dust settles enough for him to spot you. "Watch your step. Round Mountain is rolling! If you want to get to the Pagoda, we’ll need to secure safe passage through this tumbling cavern!"

As you proceed towards the Pagoda of the Rat, Round Mountain begins to spin, slowly but erratically. Everyone in the cavern risks repeatedly falling prone or being knocked into walls.

You realize you must secure passage for the repair team. Five tasks seem critical to achieve that objective:

1. Find and point out the best handholds (Perception or Survival)
2. Construct makeshift scaffolds of wood, ropes, or debris (Craft [carpentry or ships] or Knowledge [dungeoneering or engineering])
3. Find and traverse the quickest route (Acrobatics, Climb, or Escape Artist)
4. Encourage the ratfolk to help (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge [local], or Perform)
5. Discern a pattern in the mountain’s rotations (Intelligence or Wisdom check)

Encounter Mechanics: You can attempt the tasks in any order. Each PC can participate in each check once, whether by rolling the check independently or by aiding another PC who is rolling the check.
This is not a case where the high roll is automatically the primary result, and other results of 10 or better are treated as Aid Another actions.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke greets the ratfolk as he scans for handholds and a pattern in the rotation.

"Noble ratfolk, I am Bocke. How can we address you?

I am spoilering my rolls so people who are deciding if/who to aid are blinded to my results. Let me know if that's appropriate.

Perception (Primary, +6 modifier):
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Wisdom (Primary, +2 modifier):
Wisdom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Bocke helps encourage the ratfolk to help.

"You know these caves better than we do, and you're definitely more spry."

Aid Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

1. Find and point out the best handholds
Aid attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 6

2. Construct makeshift scaffolds of wood, ropes, or debris
Knowledge(Dungeon): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

3. Find and traverse the quickest route
Aid attempt: 1d20 ⇒ 14

4. Encourage the ratfolk to help
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

5. Discern a pattern in the mountain’s rotations
Intelligence: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)
roll city wrote:

1. Find and point out the best handholds (Perception or Survival)

Perception. Primary roll Bocke Reed.
perception, aid another: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
2. Construct makeshift scaffolds of wood, ropes, or debris (Craft [carpentry or ships] or Knowledge [dungeoneering or engineering])
Knowledge (dungeoneering). Primary Svartill Ganglig - cannot aid.
3. Find and traverse the quickest route (Acrobatics, Climb, or Escape Artist)
acrobatics. Primary roller, not yet decided
aid another acrobatics: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (10) - 3 = 7
4. Encourage the ratfolk to help (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge [local], or Perform)
diplomacy. Primary probably Castinus (+6 and inspiration)
diplomacy aid another: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
5. Discern a pattern in the mountain’s rotations (Intelligence or Wisdom check)
wisdom. Primary Bocke Reed.
aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Bocke is able to easily determine the best handholds to take as the tunnels rotate and shift, even though Svartill is of little help in spotting them.

Perhaps it's because Svartill is so busy kit bashing a complex, yet imminently usable scaffolding system.

He also does a fine job of figuring out the seemingly irregular, erratic pattern of the mountain's rotation.

Yet, the party still needs to find the fastest route.

And, the ratfolk show little inclination to help them, so far. Though no one has really taken the lead on trying to convince them.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Castinus, do you want to take the lead on Diplomacy? Several of us have +6 to it, but you can toss an inspiration in that would be a difference. Hayden will be very little help on #3 too.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Perception, Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Know Eng, Untrained, Aid: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Climb, Aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Wisdom, aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11

Kal attempts to help the Ratfolk and others cross, spending his efforts encouraging and assisting the others.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke has Acrobatics if nobody else does.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus carefully and thoughtfully considers the quickest route up the ascent, but then surrenders to his inner swashbuckling nature, and suggests just going for it. "Hey, we should try that way. What's the worst that can happen?" He hopes his bravado and panache impresses the tiny rat-things to help.

Find and traverse the quickest route (Acrobatics plus Derring-do, -1 panache, plus aid): 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + (5) + 2 = 31

Encourage the ratfolk to help (Diplomacy), Inspiration, + Aid x2: 1d20 + 6 + 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 6 + (4) + 4 = 29

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden chuckles at Castinus' bravado. He turns to the ratfolk. "See? Simple as that. And, trust me, he can back it up."

Diplomacy, aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 9 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +10 | Fort +4 Ref +0 Will +7 (+9)

Quensha rolls on her heels for a moment, ”Fascinating place.”


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

With much daring and doing, Castinus manages to find the fastest path through the rotating tunnels. At the same time, his devil-may-care attitude about it all inspires the ratfolk to help out.

The ratfolk lead you deeper into Round Mountain, into a cavern with a chasm and bridge at the center.

"It’s not far to go," the ratfolk squad leader says, "Nonetheless, I caution you. The mountain’s erratic movements have shaken loose many dangerous creatures."

Your path heads toward the northeast. The raised cliffs in the south and northeast are 15 feet above the surrounding cavern floor.

The chamber is rough natural stone with stalactite-covered ceilings that are roughly 30 feet high from the ground level, making them roughly 15 feet high above the cliffs. The torches on the central bridge are normal torches.

So Much Rolling:

Perception Svårtill: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Perception Bocke: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Perception Hayden: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Perception Kal’Ryon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Perception Quensha: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Perception Castinus: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Init Svårtill: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Init Bocke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Init Hayden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Init Kal’Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Quensha: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Init Castinus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Everyone but Svartill notices a couple of stalactites in the distance moving subtly. They shift and ripple in a way that stone should not. As the group watches, they drop off the ceiling, using the actual stalactites as cover as they approach, appearing a great deal like flying octopi.

Surprise Round. The Bold may perform either a standard or move action.

Kal'Ryon
Octotites
Bocke
Castinus
Quensha
Hayden
Svartill

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Channeling my inner Cleric still.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal moves forward, polearm drawn, into the center of the cavern.

"Come friends! I the chaos of battle is upon us!"


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Like a pair of malignant umbrellas, the two creatures flap closer. Their motions are like those of the undersea creatures they resemble but with more rippling.

Surprise Round. The Bold may perform either a standard or move action. Current map is on slide 3.

Kal'Ryon
Scary Umbrellas
Bocke
Castinus
Quensha
Hayden

Svartill

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Clarification request: are the dark areas on the map higher or lower than the ground we are standing on? Do archers have line of sight to the octopi, or are they hidden behind a raised portion?

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

If Bocke can see the octopi, he steps to the side (not sure if I can 5' step in a surprise round) and fires an arrow.

Longbow (2nd range increment, cover??): 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 2 = 9

If he can't, he will move towards Kal'Ryon to get a clear view of the torched hallway.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:

If Bocke can see the octopi, he steps to the side (not sure if I can 5' step in a surprise round) and fires an arrow.

[Dice=Longbow (2nd range increment, cover??)]1d20+4-2

If he can't, he will move towards Kal'Ryon to get a clear view of the torched hallway.

The black part is a trench/rift. The dark grey parts are stalagmites. You can see past the former, obviously but not the latter. Where Bocke is standing he has line of sight on the the bluish octopus. The lighting in the chamber is dim except around the torches along the bridge. And...a 5' step is listed as no action, so you can take one in a surprise round.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 8/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

I am not sure of the rules on how far humans can see in dim light. I am going to assume that if Bocke spotted them, he thought he could shoot them.

So Bocke missed the blue octopus wildly, instead of narrowly.

Grand Lodge

Truth of the Seeker | DWK4 || 10-00 Successes: Reporting Form | Current Status || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The repair teams have patched the rift beneath the Muckmouth. They discovered that the tapestry itself is generating massive amounts of necromantic energy around the rifts. The Muckmouth is secured!

GMs, the Muckmouth Secured condition on Page 10 is now in effect!

101 to 150 of 239 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EbonFist's Hao Jin Cataclysm Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.