EbonFist's Hao Jin Cataclysm Gameplay

Game Master EbonFist

Maps & Slides


51 to 100 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

I do have a full waterskin with 1/2 gallon of water in it.

"Give me a few seconds to dig out my waterskin from my backpack."

I hand my waterskin to Bocke.

"Here you go."


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"Thank you, thank you," the Kappa says as Svartill and Bocke work together to fill its head bowl and get it back on its feet.

"Now, you have to deal with that dumb ol' dragon. The waters must flow, not just here but everywhere and she's stopping that flow. She's at the temple down that direction," he points down a gully that leads into the hills from the side of the lake.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

"What do you know about this dragon? Does he or she have a name? Why is it here?"


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"Oh, yes, we know her name. It was almost all she said. 'Aoitsun this and Aoitsun that.' She said she came to save the Tapestry but all she did was make things worse by cutting off the water supply. We travel throughout the Tapestry and we know things are going wrong but the water is important and it needs to flow. You should go drown her so the flow will resume," the leader kappa says.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

"A dragon, you say. Would you be able to describe this dragon, in as excruciating a level of detail as possible? Height, length, colour, breath weapon, personality, equipment, etc."

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"A dragon? Really?" Castinus scratches his beard in thought and it has to be said, in concern. "Are you certain? How big was this creature? What did it look like?" Castinus interrogates the creatures to try to get a reliable description of the beast they refer to as Aoitsan, and what level of danger it might represent to the party. He defers to Svartil as to whether the information he gleans matches that of an arcane creature like a dragon.

diplomacy?+inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (14) + 7 + (3) = 24


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The lead Kappa's eyes widen at all the questions. "So, it's not very big, to be honest. It's a little embarrassing that it was able to knock us down. It's about this big," he says, holding his hands apart about half a foot or so.

"It has golden scales and horns jutting from its head sort of like a crown. It didn't use a breath weapon on us. I guess it didn't want to kill us. And it's a jerk. I think I already said that. And why would a dragon need equipment? It's a dragon?" he continues.

"But you can see for yourself! It's right down there. Just go squish it and be done with it! You look like a bunch of fighters. Make with the fighting!"

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus looks in the direction indicated. Is there really a golden scaled creature acting like a jerk that he can see? If so, he suggests heading that way, cautiously, with the others

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Hayden tries to consider whether the Kappa is telling them the whole truth. He turns and looks with Castinus to see what is down the gully.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke also thinks this sounds weird.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Has the dragon always been here, or did he arrive recently?"


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Bluff:
Nope. Not bluffing.

"Her. It's a her. I feel like I already said that. Are you guys messing with me? Is this what it feels like when we play pranks on other people? It's not pleasant. Anyway, she just showed up. Apparently, she decided she could fix the Tapestry by stopping the water flow, but she's just making things worse," the Kappa says.

The gully twists and turns so it is hard to see the end but there is a temple on a hill that it seems to lead to.

Both Hayden and Bocke feel like the Kappa is telling the truth.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

"Very well. Let's go pay the dragon a visit." Hayden begins limping down the path to the temple.


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

You march toward the temple through a winding, dry ravine that is normally filled with water that flows from the fountain in Taikaga Temple. The walls of the ravine are 20 feet high.

You emerge from the ravine before a splendid temple carved into the rock. Seated on the steps is a magnificent dragon covered in splendid gold scales, and horns jut from its head like a crown. Regal as it appears, it is no larger than a house cat.

Knowledge (arcana) DC17:

Aoitsun is a wyrmling sovereign dragon. For every 5 you exceed the DC, you may ask one question.

"Who would approach the Taikaga Temple? I am Aoitsun, guardian of balance, a lungwang placed in the skies by the gods themselves to safeguard harmony in the world."

She stretches languidly, flexing her powerful muscles, only making her appear more like a serpentine domesticated feline. "My ancestors swore to Hao Jin that they and their descendants would help preserve balance and harmony in the tapestry. I am protecting the tapestry’s water sources by keeping the fountain’s magic disabled until balance is restored to the tapestry."

To convince Aoitsun to restore the waters, you must negotiate with her, scare her off, or defeat her in combat. Please role-play your choice and roll your check.

Negotiation: The PCs can try to reason with Aoitsun by attempting five different skill checks or saving throws. The PCs can repeat a skill check in place of attempting a new tactic, but each additional attempt takes a penalty.
The negotiation process can involve reasoning with the dragon (Diplomacy), giving the right type of compliments (Perform [oratory] or Sense Motive), explaining the impact of the dried-up waterways (Knowledge [nature or planes]), feigning helplessness (Bluff), and appealing to the sovereign dragon’s noble and honorable nature (Knowledge [arcana or nobility]).

Threats: This strategy functions as the negotiation option (see above), but with different checks. Threatening Aoitsun can involve a show of martial strength (Hard attack roll), impressing the dragon with magical prowess (Spellcraft or Use Magic Device), describing the desperate people in the tapestry (Knowledge [local]), sensing the dragon’s loneliness and desire for allies (Sense Motive), or threatening the dragon with violence (Intimidate).

Combat: Roll Initiative.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Noble Aoitsun. Forgive this intrusion - we mean no harm to you or indeed to the Tapestry. Much the reverse - we are Pathfinders; explorers and seekers of knowledge, and a great number of us are working right now to repair the Tapestry and save the denizens of this fabulous and mysterious demi-plane." Castinus pauses, frowning. "yet we have here a conundrum. I see you have cut off the magical water supply that keeps other creatures alive; you claim this is for good reason, yet I cannot understand this. We have passed dead fish; dying river plants; upsdie down annoying kappas. Pray tell, noble Aoitsun - how is this preventing the Tapestry's deterioration? How does this preserve Hao Jin's legacy? How is this helping?" Castinus pauses once more, imploring a response. He is not solely trying to convince the lungwang to change her actions; more, he is also trying to reveal her purpose here and any angle on the tapestry's deterioration which the Pathfinders are as yet unaware.

Diplomacy + Inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (15) + 7 + (6) = 28
Aid anyone?

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10add a further +2 if it is a good creature.

Quensha bows low, ”Truly, great dragon, my friend here speaks the truth.”

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Knowledge (arcana) to know about the dragon: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Even though I failed the arcana check, can I still use Sense Motive to try to discern some appropriate compliments?

"Wise Aoitsun, we support your good intentions and seek to restore balance to the tapestry ourselves. As you clearly know more than we do, we appeal for your help in our quest."

Sense Motive to influence Aoitsun: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Knowledge, Nobility: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

"Indeed, now is the time for those of noble bearing to lead those of lesser stature. Your kind has great history of power, but without leadership we are all rabble. Those of noble standing bear a heavy burden to lead their people in times of great need, and this threat to the tapestry is as dire a situation as any. Will you help?"

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Sorry guys. This week has not been a good one for me...

Kal moves along with the group, pole arm in hand. Taking up the normal flanking position next to Castinus, he quietly chuckles at the strange creature and their luck.

What type of creature needs water in their head?!

Despite this, he is grateful for their information and guidance about how to approach the dragon.

"This change in water, it damages the whole of the eco system. It is like a ripple- its effects reach far and wide across the very threads of the tapestry itself!

Diplomacy, Aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

sense motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Castinus honeyed words and cromulent questions have quite an effect, especially with Quensha's help. She is going to answer haughtily when they leave her stymied.

Bocke's assertion that they can do a better job than she would have fallen on angry ears were he not able to properly present the possibility.

Finally, Hayden's discussion of her noble duties seems to convince the tiny dragon.

She gives a nod. Aoitsun realizes what she must do. "I will honor the commitment my ancestors made to the sorcerer Hao Jin. I will restore the waters."

The dragon climbs the multi-tiered column at the center of the massive fountain, grasps a shield-sized brass valve, and turns it clockwise seventy times seven. A geyser of water 25 feet high erupts from the top of the fountain, before falling and splashing down seven ever larger tiers. The temple's stadium-sized but shallow reflecting pool fills within a matter of minutes, then the water spills over the lip. A torrent of water rushes down the ravine toward Lake Taikaga.

You make your way back down the now-flooded ravine, picking your way along a narrow path only inches above the raging waters.

The happy kappas splash about in the muddy and rapidly expanding lake. They're playing a game of water polo with a rusty dwarves helm, using the skeletal remains of some large fish as a goal.

At your return, they emerge from the churning water, dripping water forming muddy pools in the dust around their webbed and clawed feet.

"Thanks for fixing the plumbing."

"Since the Lisping Portion stopped turning up, the tapestry has generally been a more peaceful and stable place—current events aside."

"You must have a way with dragons."

"No, Aspis Consortium, not Lippy Motion."[b]

They lower their voices to hushed whispers. [b]Many residents have begun having terrible nightmares."

"Watch out for mysterious strangers."

"Even stranger than you lot."

"With purple skin and evil eyes."

They point to the wayfinders you're carrying. "We'll help inspire agents of the Pathfinder Society to complete their mission."

The PCs gain access to a special boost option for the Timely Inspiration Aid Token.

Mission 6 Success reported to the Overseer GM. Which mission next? Rule of Two.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

I got my choice last time so will leave it to others.

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Number 4

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

I will also defer.

I'm also somewhat confused. There were no revelations regarding the underlying problems with the Tapestry, was there? Was it obvious that restoring the water flow is good? Does restoring the water flow risk long term damage to the Tapestry? Or is this an intentional mystery?


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Bocke Reed wrote:

I will also defer.

I'm also somewhat confused. There were no revelations regarding the underlying problems with the Tapestry, was there? Was it obvious that restoring the water flow is good? Does restoring the water flow risk long term damage to the Tapestry? Or is this an intentional mystery?

There are not a lot of places where the underlying causes of the trouble is revealed. Although at the end there are some good revelations. But yes, getting the water flowing was a good thing. It's part of the way the tapestry naturally repairs itself.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus offers a second vote for a Number Two

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Sure, let's try #4

Bocke, the way these Specials tend to work is that we're simulating lots of Pathfinder teams each addressing small parts of the whole issue. Mechanically, each time we succeed, the GMs record the success and once the whole collective gets past a numeric threshold, effects may happen. So this single success is trivial by itself, but it adds with what other tables are doing. The more successes our table gets, the more we help out the collective.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Doesn't matter to me

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Thanks! I didn't realize there was a team of teams!


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Having decided where they want to go next, the team finds, as promised a strange bridge that demonstrates the manufactured nature of this demiplane. It rises up out of the ground on the shore of the lake transforming from dirt and mud and plants into a massive woven tapestry with tattered edges. The pattern is of the lake and temple they've just left in stylized, but recognizable design over and over again. Interspersed in them are tiny patterns of a mountain encircled with chains and manacles. Once they mount the bridge, the scenery around them becomes disorienting and disturbing, blurring and streaking around them at each step. Only if they stop and look out does it settle into its normal shape, but even the smallest step takes them miles and miles across the demi-plane. It doesn't help matters any that they are moving hundreds of feet above the ground and the tapestry bridge has no railing.

As they walk the bridge, the pattern of lake and temple gets very slowly smaller and the one of mountain and chains gets bigger. After about 5 minutes of walking, they are the same size then, the mountain an chains gets larger and larger. The bridge, apparently does not have any respect for things like solid walls and you arrive in a cavern beneath the fortress.

Incoherent murmurs and groans echo through this large, dark cave. Tall stalagmites emerge from the cave floor surrounded by shallow pools of water. Ahead, a dim purplish light emanating from a multifaceted black gemstone the size of a human skull illuminates several humanoid forms heaped around the stone.

These natural stone caves are dark, except for dim light in a 20-foot radius around the gemstone. The ceilings are 20 feet high. Five figures stand around the stone, looming over thirteen captives—a mix of ratfolk, wayangs, and dwarves—that lie unconscious around the black sapphire embedded in the floor of the cavern.

When you enter the cavern, the guardians turn to face this threat to the stone and their work.

There are three bald, long-bearded dwarves with dull gray skin, low arching brows, and eyes that seem to absorb rather than reflect the dim light. Three of them wear chainmail and are armed with warhammers and light crossbows. A fourth dwarf wears studded leather and carries a shortword and a finely made light crossbow.

Knowledge (local) DC11:

These dwarves are duergar, medium humanoids. For every 5 you exceed the DC, you may ask one question.

Near the stone lurks a walking corpse wearing only a few soiled rags, its flesh rotting off its bones as it stumbles forward, arms outstretched.

Knowledge (religion) DC11:

This is a zombie, a medium undead. For every 5 you exceed the DC, you may ask one question.

Initiative!:
Init Svårtill: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Init Bocke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Init Hayden: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Init Kal’Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Init Quensha: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Init Castinus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Init Zombie: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Init Slaver: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Init Warriors: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Wow...a 3 way tie at 17. Weird.

Round 1 The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Hayden
Bocke
Kal'Ryon
Svartill

Baddies with Hammers
Castinus
Undead Thing
Short Sword Baddie
Quensha

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Special attacks and special defences, please?

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Knowledge, Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Seeing the situation, Hayden casts a spell, blessing the entire group. He then begins approaches the dwarves, raising his bow. "Gentlemen, excuse me. I believe those are some friends of ours. Care to explain yourselves?"

Cast Bless. +1 to hit for everyone!


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
Quensha Elberion wrote:

[dice=knowledge (religion)]1d20+5

Special attacks and special defences, please?

Quensha realizes this is no ordinary zombie. It's a fast zombie. Unlike its more mundane brethren, it is not staggeringly slow and, in fact, can make an additional attack if it has a full round to do so. Otherwise, it has the normal undead traits.

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

”Watch out, that zombie can move fast and throw out a lot of attacks. Be careful.”

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

Bocke is terrified of undead and is shaken until he kills one or has a thorough investigation of this with his therapist.

He fires an arrow at the nearest creature, and then backs up.

Longbow (PBS?, bless, shaken): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 21
Arrow (PBS?): 1d8 ⇒ 8

+1 to both ATK and DMG if they are within 30'.

"Th-th-they're ... th-th-they're dead already!"

The Concordance

Resources:
Spells: 1st 1/4; Arcane Reservoir 3/4; Consume Spells 1/1; Potion of Cure Serious Wounds; Potion of Mage Armor
HP 6/6, AC 10/T 10/F 10, Init +0, Perc +0, Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +2, CMB +0/10
Active:
Message (all party members)

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
special defenses?

Targeting the zombie with a magic missile.
Magic missile damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Hayden fills his companions with divine guidance then asks a question that their enemies don't seem at all inclined to answer.

Bocke nails one of the strange dwarves with an arrow, leaving him staggering from the wound.

A moment later, Svartill flings a bit of potent magical energy at the zombie, chipping away at its unlife.

He also remembers that these are Duergar and that they are immune to paralysis, phantasms and poisons...basically, anything that starts with a "p."

Still Round 1 The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone

Hayden
Bocke
Kal'Ryon
Svartill
Duergar with Hammers (Purple and Green)
Duergar with Hammer (Yellow) -8HP
Castinus
Fast Zombie -4HP
Duergar with Short Sword
Quensha

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"We need your gift for violence, my friend..." says Castinus as he taps Kal on the shoulder and points in the direction of the advancing foes. "What is it to be - polearm or pointy claws?"


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Botting Kal, for the moment.

Kal gathers up all his rage and the fury of chaos, the forces boiling deep in his soul preparing to explode all over their enemies in a combination of blade and claw and rage and he...

Waits...

For them to get closer.

Delay action until after the Dwarves turn.

The dwarves are in no hurry. They each take a step forward and fire their crossbows before reloading them with obviously practiced skill.

All of them miss except for the one shooting at Quensha, though Hayden almost catches the pointy end of a bolt, also.

Red vs. Svartil: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Bolt Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Yellow vs. Hayden: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Bolt Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Purple vs. Kal'Ryon: 1d20 ⇒ 2
Bolt Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Green vs. Quensha: 1d20 ⇒ 18
Bolt Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Still Round 1 The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone

Hayden
Bocke
Svartill
Duergar with Hammers (Purple and Green)
Duergar with Hammer (Yellow) -8HP
Kal'Ryon
Castinus

Fast Zombie -4HP
Duergar with Short Sword
Quensha - 6HP

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal steps forward, blade in hand. Positioning himself forward of the pathfinders- he spins his blade about in front of him- chaotic energies shimmering behind the steel's arc.

Rage #1. 30 foot move, Readied action: Attack.

Readied Guisarme, 10 foot reach: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12

AoO, If needed:
Readied Guisarme, 10 foot reach: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12

Rage Stats:
AC 15 (T:9 FF:14)
HP 30/30
F: 9 R: 1 W: 2

Guisarme: +8 (2d4+7]
Claws x2: +7 (1d6+5)


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Botting Castinus, briefly.

Castinus readies for action, but then sees his longtime fellow agent Kal'Ryon prepare for an opponent to approach.

That foe turns out to be the zombie. One expects such undead to be shambling and clumsy so it is more than a little jarring when this one runs toward him.

His glazed eyes belie the savage expression on his face as he reaches hungrily for the Ganzi.

His hands never connect though as Kal'Ryon's glaive chops clean through his skull, leaving an already decaying body at the Pathfinder's feet.

Still Round 1 The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone

Hayden
Bocke
Svartill
Duergar with Hammers (Purple and Green)
Duergar with Hammer (Yellow) -8HP
Kal'Ryon
Fast Zombie -dead again
Castinus
Duergar with Short Sword Already took his turn
Quensha - 6HP

Silver Crusade

LG Cleric (Herald Caller) | HP 16 | AC 14/10/14 | Initiative +0 | Perception +11 | Fort +5 (+7) Ref +0 Will +8 (+10)

Quensha moves behind a pillar of rock and asks Shizuru to close her wounds.

clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Hey GM: since the caverns are dark and we have 2x no special vision, and 2x dim light only, can I assume that Castinus had his sword out and his lantern lit before the encounter started? Assuming yes...

Castinus advances to stand shoulder to shoulder with Kal, intent on facing their enemy together in a defensive line between the two columns. Once there he sets his landern down to give those behind the benefit of better vision, and draws and imbibes a small concoction of his own recipe...

Given his long experience with Kal and Sir Heydon, he communicates his intentions for the upcoming combat to the others using a shared code word they have used before: "Vatican cameos !

move action + free action set down lantern = cast Shield. We now have bight ligh for 60' around Castinus, and 30' beyond that too due to the interaction with the dim light from the crystal. All enemies are in bright light.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

I'm going to go ahead and post my action for Round 2 since there are no enemies at the bottom of the order. If something happens in between rounds, please ignore and I'll re-evaluate.

Bocke is less terrified watching Kal'Ryon drop one of the undead.

"How does one kill that which is already dead? Yet with my own eyes I see it."

Bocke fires again at Yellow.

Longbow (bless, half shaken): 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 - 1 = 9
Arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Bocke doesn't retreat, but he doesn't move closer either.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Likewise, I'll post now since I likely won't have a chance later today.

Hayden shifts behind Castinus, shocked that the man hadn't rushed into battle. Perhaps he was learning some restraint after all their time together. He raises his bow and fires a shot at the lead dwarf (yellow)

Attack (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The Riddleport Three form an irregular line with Kal'Ryon at the front end and Castinus and Hayden providing support.

Hayden launches an arrow as well and the yellow garbed Duergar goes from staggered and barely functional to entirely non-functional, unconscious on the floor of the cavern.

Quensha finds a relatively quiet spot to use her wand to counteract some of that bolt wound.

Round 2 The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone.

Hayden
Bocke
Svartill
Duergar with Hammers (Purple and Green)
Duergar with Hammer (Yellow) - dead for the first time.
Kal'Ryon
Fast Zombie -dead again
Castinus
Duergar with Short Sword Already took his turn
Quensha -2HP

BTW Bocke, the zombie was the only undead.

Grand Lodge

NG Human Male Inquisitor (Nethys) 1 [AC 17 (T 13, FF 14) | HP 10/10 | F +4, R +5, W +5 | Init +4, Perception +6]

I assumed duergar were some undead I hadn't heard of. It turns kut they were dwarves I hadn't heard of. Oops!

Bocke is relieved.

"Evil I can slay!"


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Botting Svartill to keep us moving along.

Svartill sends a beam of energy at the closest dark dwarf, tiny snowflakes forming in its path and settling gently to the floor of the cavern before melting almost immediately.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

It hits easily, sending a shiver through the purple garbed enemy. He pauses a moment then visibly concentrates and...disappears.

The one in green steps forward again, going through the cycle of firing and reloading.

Crossbow: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Bolt: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Even though Kal'Ryon is showing no care for his own safety, the shot misses.

Round 2 continues The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone.

Hayden
Bocke
Svartill
Duergar with Hammer (Green)
Duregar with Hammer (Purple) -2HP
Duergar with Hammer (Yellow) - dead for the first time.
Kal'Ryon
Fast Zombie -dead again
Castinus
Duergar with Short Sword
Quensha -2HP

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Determined to end the hail of crossbow quarrels hailing down upon the group, Castinus' discipline breaks and he hurls himself forward into the strange intersection between the lantern's light and the shadowy half-light of the strange glowing crystal.

still functionally in full light

Intent on brutally murderising the only visible duergar currently equipped for melee (the red one) he lunges forward. He deftly slips his rapier into an unarmoured gap between hauberk and helmet, before smoothly falling back (smugly satisfied) into the en garde position...

charge! rapier, charge, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 291d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
crit confirm...: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 181d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

parry and ripost if needed:

parry: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
ripost: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 = 281d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


From Under Ice Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Castinus charges forward, putting his weight in a perfectly poised straight line behind the point of his rapier. It skewers the duergar's throat.

It smiles smugly for a moment, reaching for a potion on its belt then, slowly frowns, reaching up to the wound then looking at its bloody hand.

He looks at Castinus in disbelieving confusion for a moment before falling to his knees then face down, unmoving.

Botting Kal'Ryon.

Kal'Ryon sees his longtime fellow agent's success with his charge and follows suit at the remaining visible duergar...finding the invisible duergar in the process as it takes a swing at him as he rushes by.

Duergar AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Warhammer: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

It misjudges the Ganzi's speed and Kal'Ryon hurtles on, untouched.

He swings with his guisarme when he gets to the other duergar.

Mst Guisarme, Rage, Bless, Charge: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 24 Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (4, 3) + 7 = 14

And another falls, leaving only one left.

Round 2 continues (and top of 3) The Bold may act! The current map has been moved up to slide 3.

Ongoing Effects: Bless. +1 to hit for everyone.

Hayden
Bocke
Svartill

Duergar with Hammer (Green) - suddenly dead
Duregar with Hammer (Purple) -2HP
Kal'Ryon
Castinus
Duergar with Short Sword - surprisingly dead
Quensha -2HP

51 to 100 of 258 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EbonFist's Hao Jin Cataclysm Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.