Mask of the Living God for Gameday (Inactive)

Game Master DoubleGold

Map is up
init: 1d20 Edwin
init: 1d20 + 1 arrow
init: 1d20 + 1 the sentinel
init: 1d20 + 2 nevendo
init: 1d20 + 2 Alarien
init: 1d20 + 7 Halzunet


351 to 400 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

1/2 Orc Medium 2.0, HP:17, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14 F:+4, R:+4, W:+5, Init:+2, Perc:+4

Nevedno begins to flail around with his torch...
torch attack: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 4 = 15


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

They take 2 more damage and
chance: 2d100 ⇒ (46, 29) = 75 nope
Arrow, Alarien and Sentinel are up just 2 more dmg

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Samurai (sword saint) 2

Thrown weapon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
1d6 ⇒ 6

Alarien retrieves a flask of alchemist's fire from her belt and lobs it at the swarm.


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

miss, but they would take the splash damage of 1 fire dmg
chance: 1d100 ⇒ 8 and they catch fire and die.
The secret passage is a way out of here. The other way out of here is through the castle gate that raises and lowers on the first floor.

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"So if we need to, we can slip out here. Good to have this route secured, particularly if we need to split up."

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

"Let's go check other door!" Edwin moves to the north.

perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male LN Ectoplasmist 3 Slayer 1| HP35/35 | AC21 T12 FF20| CMD 17 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1|

Back from my vacation.

Sentinel keeps up with Edwin and also looks for any dangers.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Hal moves silently through the halls, trying to scout ahead as best he can.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

None of you spot anything of danger and Edwin opens the door. Do you wish to go down the staircase?

dm stuff:
something: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
something: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
something: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
something: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
something: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Two of you spot a trap on the stairs, someone should probably go disable that.

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"On it," Hal mutters, moving forward to disable the trap.

Disable Device, masterwork thieves' tools: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Trap disabled, who wants to go down first?

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin starts going downstairs with his sword in hands.

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Samurai (sword saint) 2

Alarien makes sure she has a light on-hand (lights a torch, if no one else has already) and follows after Edwin into the dark.

Sovereign Court

Male LN Ectoplasmist 3 Slayer 1| HP35/35 | AC21 T12 FF20| CMD 17 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1|

Sentinel follows up, Ectoplasmic whip at the ready.


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Pathfinders walk downstairs to find dead acolytes and a giant cobra snake.
init: 1d20 ⇒ 9 Edwin
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 arrow
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 the sentinel
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 nevendo
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Alarien
init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Halzunet
init: 6 + 1d20 ⇒ 6 + (6) = 12 the snake

Wow, all rolls at 10 or less. Halzunet is up

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Halunzet raises his hand, moving his arm rhythmically, almost hypnotically, as he speaks in calm tones. "Hey there, buddy ... How you doing? Looks like maybe you had a run-in with these idiots, eh? Taught them a thing or two, but no quarrel with us ..."

Wild Empathy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

fail, Halzunet fails to do it bite: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (13) = 18 vs Edwin
dmg: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 and make a fort save dc 17 if bit.
But the snake misses.
All heroes are up

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin steps to the south and swings with his sword.

+1 longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

1/2 Orc Medium 2.0, HP:17, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14 F:+4, R:+4, W:+5, Init:+2, Perc:+4

I can't easily get to it, so I'll help the others...
Cast guidance on Hal.


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Edwin misses, Hal is guided.

Grand Lodge

Female Elf Samurai (sword saint) 2

Alarien moves to engage the snake, slashing with her katana.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Hal advances, drawing his dagger as he does so. He swipes the dagger at the creature.

Dagger attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Dagger damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

alarien slashes the snake, Halzunet misses.
Arrow and the sentinel are up

Sovereign Court

Male LN Ectoplasmist 3 Slayer 1| HP35/35 | AC21 T12 FF20| CMD 17 | Fort 8 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30ft | Initiative +1|

Sentinel risks the possibility of getting attacked, rushing forward and engaging the snake. "Frozen Wrath!" He shouts, as the ectoplasmic whip suddenly charges with a frost-bitten blue hue. He swings it at the snake.

Ecto Lash (Bludgeoning): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Ecto Lash + Elemental Assault (Cold): 2d6 + 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + (1) + 6 = 13


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

The sentinel misses.
arrow attacks with spear hit: 5 + 1d20 ⇒ 5 + (20) = 25
crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 dmg, oh goss, crit dmg: 3d8 + 18 ⇒ (1, 1, 4) + 18 = 24 on dead snake

You will definitely pass the perception, so here comes the treasure

Treasure: More than one acolyte has met his end in the belly of this snake. The cult also uses the snake to dispose of the bodies of anyone who must be dealt with. As a result, a few treasures may be found here by those willing to sift through the bones. A DC 15 Perception skill check uncovers one of the following per check: a golden ring worth 50 gp, bearing the symbol of the local artists’ guild (this belonged to Othallan); a worn cloak belonging to one of the town watchmen; a bone wand of bless (21 charges, CL 3rd); a ripped belt that has a belt pouch on it containing 18 gp, 2 pp, and a single pearl worth 100 gp; and a leather bundle containing several sticks tipped with bristles, hair, or fur (also belonging to Othallan)

perceptions: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
perceptions: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Only two of you are capable of reach the dc, but it ain't in this room, just seeing if you do.
Nobody sees it, though feel free to take 20 before entering every unexplored room. I can't tell you if you are on a time limit or not. Which room next?

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

"Guys, I suggest that we go up!"
Edwin starts moving toward the steps leading up. see map


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Edwin heads upstairs and reaches the armory room, T5. There is one acolyte here. He continues polishing the weapons. Just guarding the weapons sir, clean and polish, won't let anyone steal these.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin explains the whole situation to him and then adds.
"If your life is precious to you run from this place and keep your mouth shut!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Hal keeps his hand on his crossbow, watching the acolyte's reaction carefully, ready to fire before he can strike.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight
Edwin Towerfall wrote:

Edwin explains the whole situation to him and then adds.

"If your life is precious to you run from this place and keep your mouth shut!"

Yes sir and he runs downstairs into the basement bedroom where the others are.

assuming you go into T3 next.
Grand tapestries depicting the might and power of Razmir hang from the walls of this long vestibule, and a richly embroidered carpet runs down the center. Opposite the large doors leading outside is a pair of tall, slender doors, with a gigantic silver mask emblazoned on the front. A pair of smaller doors is set into the north and south walls. A flickering green light plays throughout this chamber from masked sconces that run along the walls.
There are two acolytes here. And no, they can't be convinced to leave this room, or tricked into doing so. You will either have to kill them or bluff them out into letting you pass back through the room after the alarm is raised. If you plan on killing them, now rather than later waiting for the alarm would be a good time to do it.

Silver Crusade

1/2 Orc Medium 2.0, HP:17, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14 F:+4, R:+4, W:+5, Init:+2, Perc:+4

We're supposed to find evidence. However, before we start searching, we should probably see if anyone else is up here in another room.

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Anything worth looting in the armory? Masterwork? Alchemical bombs? Magical?

Hal shakes his head. "Hope that guy doesn't mess up our escape route."

Did Edwin go into T3 already? If not, I'll check for traps on door into T3, then search T3 for traps, then on doors into T6 and T1.

Perception (door to T3): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27

Perception (room T3): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 = 16

Perception (door to T1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 = 20

Perception (door to T6): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 = 25


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Halzunet finds no traps, though he finds the way to T1 is looked and they don't have the key to it, as soon as he tries to mess with the lock. The two acolytes speak. You should probably ask the boss first, don't get us all in trouble. You would need a 30 unlock it anyhow. If you do open that lock to T1, those two either better be dead/unconscious or lied to telling them you have important business in the courtyard where the gate it. Otherwise an alarm is raised if you don't.

The other boss has the key to that door, the one you didn't kill

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Hal sees the two acolytes and nods. "Hey there. All hail Razmir. Which priest should we ask? Where's he at?" He motions questioningly toward the door into T6. "In there?"


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Err, I guess we could let you through, not that you can't get out of the courtyard anyway since the gate is up. The boss wasn't specific, he said stand guard. Give us a minute
They open the door shout, hey I need the boss, he comes down and the boss opens the door to T1. Sorry about that. He then goes back upstairs.

Rooms T1 and T4 have no enemies or traps, but feel free to make perception checks.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin looks in both rooms.

perception T1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
perception T4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

We're trying to get into T6, not T1, right? I'm confused about the orientation of things.


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight
Halunzet "Hal" Methrigum wrote:
We're trying to get into T6, not T1, right? I'm confused about the orientation of things.

I thought you were trying to explore the other rooms really quick before moving upstairs into the boss only area. I'll just give a rundown of the rooms to speed this up

T1: no enemies no traps: The courtyard
Crenellated walls surround this broad courtyard on three sides, with a stout barbican set in the south wall, its doors and gate closed to the outside world. On the east side lies the imposing face of the temple itself, with a grand staircase leading into the structure, ending in a pair of gigantic gilded doors, each one emblazoned with the mask of Razmir. A pair of statues flanks the stairs, each carved in the likeness of the Living God.

T2: Restricted to Priests and Archpriests: the tower stairs. It is locked, but you do have a key to get up here.

T3: 2 Acolytes in this room and they ain't leaving this room
Grand tapestries depicting the might and power of Razmir hang from the walls of this long vestibule, and a richly embroidered carpet runs down the center. Opposite the large doors leading outside is a pair of tall, slender doors, with a gigantic silver mask emblazoned on the front. A pair of smaller doors is set into the north and south walls. A flickering green light plays throughout this chamber from masked sconces that run along the walls.

T4: Meeting chamber: no traps no enemies, there is something semi-important here. perception check please

T5: No traps and you chase the enemy out. The armory. Has swords, bows and arrows if you want to take some for the adventure.

T6: Worship Hall: no traps, but six acolytes here and they ain't leaving this room.
Rows of polished, black stone benches surround a vast staircase that ascends in the center of this grand worship chamber. The thirty-one white marble stairs, each carved with one of the tenets of Razmir, climb to the top of a pedestal that supports a gigantic golden mask, the symbol of the Living God. As sunlight streams through the great stained glass window high on the eastern wall, it passes through the eyes of the mask and reflects through a great emerald set into its forehead, bathing the room in shafts of green light. Religion check on this room

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10 for room T4

The stairs up to level 2 are in the worship hall, right? So we have to go through there (so far as we know ... I can see that we missed a secret door on the floor level).

Hal glances toward Nevedno, who I believe is in the high priest robes. Quietly, he says, "You think you can lead us past these acolytes, your eminence?"


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

What secret door you talking about? The door marked S on the basement level? You saw the door, you chose not to go down the hallway. Unless you would have just to secure that area. There are two unexplored rooms down there.

edit, there are two ways to get the second floor, from T6 and from T2, though I can't tell you if rooms are blocked off or not. In other words, T6 might get you upstairs, but you might not be able to get to that specific room from there, or even other certain room. Or T2 might get you upstairs, but you might not be able to get to that specific room from there. One of those two rooms, or even both is correct.

Halzunet does not find what he is looking for in room t4

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Edwin enters the room T3 and again explains the whole situation to those in there.
"If your life is precious to you run from this place and keep your mouth shut!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

We probably should, but orders from the other boss said to guard this room until he sends another group in. He just said to let people in and out of rooms and keep track of how many people pass through which rooms.

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

"Great, then we'll go into this room." He heads into T1, shaking his head as he leaves the two idiots. To Edwin, he says, "You know, one of these rooms, you're going to blab that we're spies to someone who actually cares."

Going up T2 stairwell, if that works for everyone else. We'll see if we can access something from there.

Silver Crusade

1/2 Orc Medium 2.0, HP:17, AC:16, Touch:12, Flat Footed:14 F:+4, R:+4, W:+5, Init:+2, Perc:+4

T4 perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
T6 knowledge religion: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Agreed T2. And I can lead in case we encounter someone that needs fooled / distracted.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

"Do you have better suggestions!? I don't wanna lie to those people."
Says Edwin to Hal and then he follows him.

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

"Who has that arch priest robe on himself? Nevedno you have it! Take it off and give it to me, I will give you priest robe. Since you don't speak with acolytes. Maybe I will be more effective whit them if I ware an arch priest robe."

Edwin takes of his priest robe.


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

In room T4: since you found it.
A character searching this room finds something peculiar under the table with a DC 15 Perception check; just under the edge of the carpet lies a piece of parchment detailing the schedule of the watch that patrols the neighborhood around the temple, with specific times circled, but no other notations. In reality, this parchment details which guard rotations have been paid off by the temple, allowing the priests to perform their “work” in relative peace. While this proves little of substance, it does provide one more piece of evidence that something is not right here.

T2 leads to T25, the watchtower
This temple watchtower keeps an eye on the courtyard and the area around the temple to the north. 2 Priests are here.
They speak to you. Is it time for a shift change already? I thought we still had two more hours?
map updated, do what you will with the 2 priests. If you want a surprise round, that would be a sleight of hand check and you'd have to pull out a small weapon to attack them. Given the locations of other priests and acolytes, you would have more than one full round of combat plus top of next round to get rid of them, but not telling you how many, it could be two full rounds, plus top of third, it could be four to ten rounds.

Grand Lodge

Male CG gnome ranger (trapper) 3 | HP 25/25 | AC 18 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +2, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +3 | Init: +7 | Perc: +9, SM: +2 | Speed 20 ft | Dancing Lights: 1/1, Ghost Sound: 1/1, Prestidigitation: 1/1, Speak with Animals: 1/1 | Active conditions: None.

As they make their way up the stairs, Hal mutters quietly, "Don't want to lie to them? Have you been in the same place I've been for the last week? These are exactly the people you lie to. Oh, by all means, wear the high priest robe, so you can not lie to them more convincingly."

Hal reviews the discovered document, looking to find which guard rotations have *not* been paid off, and when they pass by. Is the current guard rotation paid off or not?

Once to the top, Hal stands in the stairwell and waits for the "high priest" to figure out a convincing lie.

Are there 2nd story windows that we can see into from the watchtower room, once we're up there?

Grand Lodge

| Male LG Medium Human Paladin of Iomedae 3| | HP 31/31 | AC 22, T 11, FF 22 | CMB +6, CMD 16 | F +7 R +3 W +7 | Init +0 | Perc +1 SM +7 | Speed 20ft | Smite Evil 1/1 | Active Conditions: none

Listening to Hal, Edwin remains quiet.
"Don't waste your time arguing with him. Just breathe deeply."

Edwin approaches priests.
"There have been some changes to the schedule! You are free to go, take some rest! It is time for a new shift!" says Edwin to them.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


F Vesk Soldier 8: Spd:30, Init:8, Sp:0/72, HP:1/62, RP:4/8 EAC:26, KAC:29, Fort:8, Ref:8, Will:6 (+2 vs fear), Perc:0 Lowlight

Edwin, you would actually need a bluff check for this one as you are trying to lie to priests who are familiar with the bosses voice and what the boss does. These priests are not being paid off, they are legitimately evil. Anyway, your bluff is +2, so that makes it an 18. But, you don't sound like the boss, I'm deducting 5 point, lie is unlikely.

sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

They draw weapons.
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Edwin
init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Halzunet
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Nevendo
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 the sentinel
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Alarien
init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 arrow
init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Priests

Edwin and Alarien are up, Nevendo as well.

351 to 400 of 471 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mask of the Living God All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.