Ebonfist's #4-07 Severing Ties (Inactive)

Game Master EbonFist

Maps & Slides


201 to 250 of 298 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Argh!" Castinus clatters to the floor, his rapier spinning from his hand, as he is felled by the woman's vicious spinning chains.

No, the ripost does not happen if the parry misses. Castinus is down to his last panache point, last spell, is out of inspiration, and was at -1 HP until Sir Greyrun's gallant healing kicks him back up to 4 HP (thank you sir!)

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

My GenCon schedule is done.
Grandblade rushes into the room, drawing his bonded sword. Using its arcane power and his own, he throws the mighty blade at the strange lady.
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Hand of the Apprentice: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
+1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Arcane Strike Damage Roll: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 = 13

The massive weapon flies back into Grandblade's hand after slicing into the strange lady.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Grandblade recognizes the creature as a Kyton and knows that it has both regeneration and resistance to damage.

Which explains why his sword leaves a smaller gash in her than expected and why it begins healing almost immediately.

With new victims in the room, she shifts her focus from Castinus to Ichio and Kal'Ryon.

Chain 1 vs. Kal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Chain 1 vs. Kal Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

Chain 2 vs. Kal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Chain 2 vs. Kal Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Chain 1 vs. Ichio: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Chain 1 vs. Ichio Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Chain 2 vs. Ichio: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Chain 2 vs. Ichio Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6

Apparently, Castinus simply had some bad luck as she is unable to land a single blow on either of her new targets, though there is 1 near miss.

Round 2 for all Pathfinders.
Castinus -11HP
Alice - 6HP
Grandblade
Kal'Ryon
Hayden
Ichio

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

castinus, prone and weaponless on the floor, holds his action until later in the turn, playing dead in case the creature standing above him takes an AOO and finishes him...

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

"Beware the Kyton, for she can both resist damage and recover from,it quickly." He then calls upon arcane powers, and lets it seep into his allies.

Haste on everyone in the party.

He then shifts closer.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Grandblade's magic enables Hayden to limp twice as fast and he turns the corner to see the Kyton devil. As his link to Castinus continues to flow life into the man, the knight opens himself up to the Dawnflower's rage. Though his mortal body can only hold so much, it fuels the power of his arrows. He sends one lancing toward the devil to pierce it.

5hp more transferred to Castinus. Swift action Smite Evil (+2 to attack; +1 to damage; +2 to AC; ignores DR)

Attack (haste, Smite, cover): 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 1 + 2 - 4 = 12
Damage (smite): 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

Hayden is down 10 points from the Life Link. His AC vs the Kyton is 22.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

First one on Kal landed, because of rage AC=15. For some reason the tag is showing up twice and is confusing- so I will fix that now. Kal is -6 HP

The ganzi real out the attack, looking down at this arms which are dripping blood from the spiked chain. He feels the rage continue to build- losing sense of range and tactics, he drops his long weapon and steps into combat with the lady- magic settling onto his limbs and speeding his assault.

Claw #1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Claw #2: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Claw Haste: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 slayer 1/uc rogue 3 initiative +5 bmc 4 dmc +18 ts fort +5 ref +9 will +1 pg33 ac 20 flat 15 touch 15

ichio moves to gain back of woman
waki1+flank+studied: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
waki2+flank+studied: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
damage+sneak+studied: 1d6 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (4, 5) = 20
damage+sneak+studied: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (4, 2) = 10
acrobatics check: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Castinus wisely plays possum and the woman in and of chains pays no mind to him when there are fresh people upon which to inflict pain.

Grandblade speeds everyone up.

Hayden fires an arrow that streaks by without finding it's target.

Kal'Ryon lays into the woman with his claws, though only one of them finds purchase.

Ichio manages to get into an opportune position and delivers a vicious blow.

She is left more heavily injured but her wounds continue to heal even as she rattles her chains at Kal'Ryon and Ichio once more.

Their luck does not hold out and they are each hit once.

Chain 1 vs. Kal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Chain 1 vs. Kal Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Chain 2 vs. Kal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Chain 2 vs. Kal Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

Chain 1 vs. Ichio: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Chain 1 vs. Ichio Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

Chain 2 vs. Ichio: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Chain 2 vs. Ichio Damage: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

Round 3 for all Pathfinders.
Castinus -6HP
Alice - 27HP
Grandblade
Kal'Ryon -3HP
Hayden -10HP
Ichio -4HP

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Blood drips down the knight's arms as he continues to feel Castinus life. He raises his bow and fires divine fury at the devil.

Attack (smite, haste): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Attack (smite, haste): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

5 more points to Castinus. Damage avoids DR.

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 slayer 1/uc rogue 3 initiative +5 bmc 4 dmc +18 ts fort +5 ref +9 will +1 pg33 ac 20 flat 15 touch 15

waki1+flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
waki2+flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
crit confir: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
damage 1: 1d6 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (3, 1) = 17
damage 2: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (5, 5) = 17


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
ichio wrote:

[dice=waki1+flank]d20+10

[dice=waki2+flank]d20+10
[dice= crit confir]d20+10
[dice=damage 1]d6+7+2d6
[dice=damage 2]d6+3+2d6

Hey, Ichio, are you taking your haste attacks?

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

Grandblade shifts in, and swings his mighty blade twice!
+1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
+1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Arcane Strike Damage Roll: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17

Hasted +1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
+1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Arcane Strike Damage Roll: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5) + 7 = 13

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 slayer 1/uc rogue 3 initiative +5 bmc 4 dmc +18 ts fort +5 ref +9 will +1 pg33 ac 20 flat 15 touch 15

i forget haste spell
haste attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The combined onslaught of the Pathfinders downs the creature, though even now they can see that her wounds are slowly stitching up. There are still a couple of them who can act if they like.

Castinus -6HP
Alice - 70HP
Grandblade
Kal'Ryon -3HP
Hayden -10HP
Ichio -4HP

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden is at -15hp and Castinus at -1hp

The knight draws a ragged breath. "What stops it from healing?"

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal, wounded by the bloody chains -9 HP, allows his rage to carry him into a frenzy- failing to stop even when the woman falls in front of him. Magical energy increasing his speed, he tears his claws into her flesh- rending it in a gruesome display of blood.

Claw, Prone, Rage, unconscious: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 4 = 28 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Claw, Prone, Rage, unconscious: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 4 = 31 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Claw, Prone, Rage, unconscious: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 4 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 4 = 16 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

"In my experience, removing her head will work just fine."


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Does someone want to hit her with a coup de grace? Technically decapitation wouldn't work, unless I'm misreading regeneration, but if she fails the fort save from a coup de grace, she'll die.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus picks himself up and collects his rapier from the ground where it fell from his hands. He looks in horror at the horrific steadily-regenerating extra-planar creature and shakes his head. To himself he whispers, "This cult is profane and I will take pleasure in its excision"

He leaves the dismemberment of the creature to one of the others, given the unsuitability of his rapier for such work. He is confident that the savagery of Kal, the skills of Ichio or the arcane powers of Blade will do the job.

Instead, he draw a small dark wand of twisted elm, and speaks a command word to it softly. He approached Sir Heyden and violently and vigorously whips him about the face with it traces it carefully over the wounds he is suffering. "I owe you my thanks Sir Heyden - I was down and you selflessly took on my pain - I will not forget this."

wand of CLW, Sir Heyden: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

He offers the same to Ichio:
wand of CLW, Ichio: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Putting his healing wand away, Castinus turns to the matter of the two torture volunteers lying unrestrained upon the tables, having until recently been willingly mutilated by the creature. He has murder in his eyes - if a cult is prepared to carry out such acts on its own members, they are a clear danger to society and he has no hesitation in eradicating them. He assesses both with a cold eye: "Call out and you die. Stay silent and you die. Tell me everything about this place and you may yet live to see tomorrow."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Castinus assesses which of the two is more likely to comply, and coldly runs the other one through with his rapier, to focus attention on his threats.

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 slayer 1/uc rogue 3 initiative +5 bmc 4 dmc +18 ts fort +5 ref +9 will +1 pg33 ac 20 flat 15 touch 15

"you are going to tell me all about this complex" as he executes the coup de grace on the strange woman he leaves his aspid consortium badge in the creature's hand and closes it tightly.
intimidate check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
damage coup de grace: 1d6 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (4, 2) = 15


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Ichio manages to dispatch the diabolical creature. At almost the same time, Castinus runs through one of the people she had been "working" on.

Neither of the others take any note. In fact, they are so lost in their ecstatic agony and, likely some chemical or herbal aids, that they seem unable to perceive the real world in any way.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden graciously accepts the gift of healing from Castinus. "The Dawnflower blesses you. I gave you my word that you would not die on my watch. I meant it."

The knight winces as he is reminded that healing does not always remove pain. Still, he limps over to the devil's body to ensure that it is truly dead. He looks up as Castinus ends the life of one of the people. "What are you doing?! I didn't bring you back from the brink of death for you to murder people!"

He looks around at the torture victims. "If they did this willingly, then the lack of torture is agony enough for them."

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

Grandblade cleans off his massive sword, and watches as Castinus slices into one of the torture volunteers.
"A bit grim... Though this does present an opportunity for me. Let me see the dead one." He looks over the corpse, getting its likeness and observing every detail of the victims face and clothing.
"Now, allow me to concentrate..." He calls upon the arcane powers he studies each morning, and then his silvery body shimmers and takes on the dull hue of a human. He looks precisely like the slain torture volunteer.
"Now that I have this at my disposal, scouting around should be a bit easier." He casts another spell on his allies, and murmurs but a whisper that is fully audible to everyone. "Perfect. Now as long as we don't close any doors between us, I can scout and convey information to you all."

Disguise Self and Message.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Sensing the disapproval of the others, and still feeling somewhat humbled by his near-death but moments ago, Castinus holds back, sullenly cleaning his rapier and rearranging his gear. "Blade that is an excellent idea. Let's search here then push on to the next room; that fight may have alerted others."

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

As the rage fades Kal tries, ineffectually, to wipe the blood off of his fingers and onto his cloak. After a few moments he sighs and gives up- instead fumbling for a dark black wand on his belt.

A quick tap, and he glows with an uncomfortable energy- his wounds beginning to knit up before their eyes. Over the next minute all of the damage he had sustained vanishes into deep black scars before disappearing.

Infernal Healing. 10 HP over the next 60 seconds

Kal watches Granblade change, and gives a large smile of approval. "That seems like a marvelous plan!"

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Sir Hayden decides to search the room while Grandblade is putting on his ruse. "Good thinking. Even we're with you, it'll look like we're being escorted."

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Castinus gives the room and the Outsider a search too, alongside the paladin: perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Between Hayden and Castinus, the Pathfinders discover that the surgical tools are valuable, if a little disgusting and that each of the 3 priests (though not the chain lady) are wearing silver holy symbols of Lissala.

Where to next, gents?

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

"You are going to play a bit of a ruse for me if talking is needed, Castinus. Our ploy is that I have been afflicted with poison during my pleasure session, which forces me to be mute. That way, no one can hear differences of my voice and the victim. With that, we should have free reign to explore." Blade then puts on one of the holy symbols of Lissala to complete the look.

"Now, let us go!" Blade then strides forward, heading for the next place of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Going to go for the twin rooms first then the large northern area.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Grandblade leads the exploration. They still don't run into any cultists and the complex seems deserted though the group can hear talking coming from somewhere.

They check the two most central rooms and find that they are, apparently, storage areas. The cultists keep a few mundane stores in these rooms, such as food and spare furniture.

Heading north, they find that the centerpiece of this stark stone chamber is a low stone dais designed to display a statue. The statue is an elaborate rune-carved sculpture of a creature with a serpent’s body, a woman’s torso, six wings, and a Sihedron rune in place of a head. They have to pass through a black sheet painted with a seven-pointed rune hanging before the southern entrance. The western exit is a set of doors consisting of iron bars an inch in diameter and six inches apart, like those of a cage.

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

Ah.. Ha... Ha... Runes. Yay. Seeing as it didn't explode as we read it...

Grandblade tries to detect the presence of magic upon the rune.
Detect Magic Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Detect Magic Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

Once Blade has determined whether the statue is magical, and if Ichio can determine whether the area is clear of traps, Castinus will move up and examine the iron bar gate to the west (is that the one at the top of the map?), then listens for the voices he heard earlier.

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

While Grandblade examines the statue, Hayden looks around for other items of note, including examining the dais itself.


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Ok...in the interests of time, I'm going to fast track us a little bit (mostly just not waiting for everyone to say they are getting into the room. And skipping Ichio's trap searching because I know he's not going to find any.) Feel free to place yourself anywhere in the room with the "statue" (because everyone knew what was coming, didn't they?)

Grandblade detects nothing magical about the runes. Hayden finds nothing particularly interesting, either in the room or about the dais. Ichio does a thorough search but finds no dangers.

That is, until Castinus starts to head west (yes it's the one at the top of the map) into the inner sanctum, the statue springs to life, flowing with the serpentine grace of its snake like lower body. Fortunately, it's many wings seem non-functional as it does not fly. The dagger in on hand seems quite functional, though.

Semi-Climatic rolling!:
Sir Hayden Greyrun Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Kal’ryon Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Grandblade Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Ichio Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Castinus Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Ebony Acolytus: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

The Bold may act.

The Pathfinders
The Snake Lady Statue

I'll let Blade's Knowledge Arcana check stand to identify the creature. He knows this is an Ebony Acolytus and can learn one additional fact about it.

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

I'll take an order of special defenses burger with a side of alignment fries please.

Blade realizes the threat, and calls upon abjuration magics to grant himself a stronger defense.
Shield.

He then calls upon the power buried deep in his blood and bones, and crystalline dust begins to spin around him. Move Action.

Crystalline Dust:

An aphorite can manifest a haze of crystalline dust that forms into indistinct runes and glyphs surrounding its body. This effect grants the aphorite a 20% miss chance against melee and ranged attacks. Activating this dust is a move action, but it can be maintained each round as a free action. The effect cannot be disrupted, but it ends immediately if the aphorite is killed, paralyzed, stunned, knocked unconscious, or otherwise prevented from taking a free action to maintain it each round. An aphorite can use this ability a number of rounds per day equal to its Hit Dice, but the rounds do not need to be consecutive.

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"Ah!" In principle it is no surprise to anyone when the serpentine statue animates, but it is still unnerving watching the still stone transform into sinuous coils of snake-woman. Castinus draws his rapier and moves in, hoping to redeem his failure earlier with something more effective this time round...

rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'
Castinus Fulvio wrote:

"Ah!" In principle it is no surprise to anyone when the serpentine statue animates, but it is still unnerving watching the still stone transform into sinuous coils of snake-woman. Castinus draws his rapier and moves in, hoping to redeem his failure earlier with something more effective this time round...

[Dice=rapier]1d20+8; 1d8+3

Oops mistakes abov: should be 1 less to hit, one more damage if successful


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Because it might influence what others do - Grandblade knows that it has the normal traits of a construct but no other particular defenses and that it is a mindless machine of Neutral alignment. Carry on.

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

"Good news friends, it has no special defenses other than being neutral and a construct."

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

As the statue comes to life, Kal channels the chaos of his ancestors into a fury of reckless rage. He directs his pole arm at the creature, attempting to break through its stony skin.

Guisarme,Rage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 7 ⇒ (3, 2) + 7 = 12

Rage Stats:
AC 15 (T:9 FF:14)
HP 30/30
F: 9 R: 1 W: 2

Guisarme: +8 (2d4+7]
Claws x2: +7 (1d6+5)

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden steps away from the statue, raising his bow. "Good to know, just make of unbreakable stone!" He calls on the blessing of Sarenrae to guide them.

Cast Bless on the party. +1 to hit for everyone! Life Link is still active on Castinus.

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 slayer 1/uc rogue 3 initiative +5 bmc 4 dmc +18 ts fort +5 ref +9 will +1 pg33 ac 20 flat 15 touch 15

waki1+ST+FL+SA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
waki2+ST+FL+SA: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
damage1+SA: 1d6 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + (2, 6) = 18
damage2+SA: 1d6 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (5, 6) = 22


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Both Castinus and Kal'Ryon miss, though, with the blessing provided by Hayden it is by only a hair's breadth in Castinus' case.

Ichio has more luck, at least with one of his attacks and manages to find a vulnerable spot while the status is still shaking off it's torpor.

But the mobile sculpture quickly retaliates against him, making a grab for the tengu.

Getting Handsy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Let me know if that grapples you, Ichio. I couldn't see your CMD on your profile.

Round 2, the Bold may act.

The Pathfinders
The Snake Lady Statue -18HP

The Concordance

Male LN Aphorite Sword Binder Wizard 5 Fighter 1| HP40/45 | AC18 T10 FF18| CMD 16 | Fort 5 Ref 1 Will 6 | Speed 40ft | Initiative +2|
Prepared Spells:
1st- Line in the Sand*2, Long Arm,, Protection from Evil | 2nd - Bull's Strength, Scorching Ray. | 3rd - Fireball

Grandblade brings the heavy sword down upon the golem!
Blessed +1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Attack Roll: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
+1 Fire-Forged Greatsword Arcane Strike Damage Roll: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 6) + 7 = 18

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager (Metarager) 1 | HP 24/24(30) | Resistance 5 (Acid, Electricity, Sonic) |AC 18 T 11 FF 16 |Rage: 5/9, Quibble 1/1| CMB +5, CMD 16 | F: +6/+9, R: +1, W: +0/2 *(+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +6 Darkvision 60'| Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Kal drops the pole arm and steps right up to the creature. His fingers change into claws and he steps into the attack.

Claw #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Claw #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Sovereign Court

Half Elf Divine Hunter Paladin 1 / Life Oracle 1 [HP 21/21 | AC 19/16/13 | F+3 R+3 W+5 (+2 vs. enchantment, +2 vs. death effects) | Init +3 | Perception +2, Sense Motive +3]

Hayden fires an arrow at the statue, but it shatters on impact.

Attack (bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Sovereign Court

M Halfelf Investigator (Mastermind) / 1, Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) / 1 AC18 [19*] T14 [15] FF14 [15] | HP: 15/15 | F0 / R8 / W1 | Init: +6 | Perception: +8 | Lowlight vision 60'

"This isn't working so well!" grunts Castinus, as he struggles to find a weak point in a stone statue with a flexible rapier...

hopefully.. : 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 271d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

to confirm...and for a panache pount: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 221d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Scarab Sages

varon tengu| HP: 33/33 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD:18 | F: +5, R: +9, W: +1 | Init: +5 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 slayer 1/uc rogue 3 initiative +5 bmc 4 dmc +18 ts fort +5 ref +9 will +1 pg33 ac 20 flat 15 touch 15

yes grab me


Hao Jin Cataclysm Games I've Played (Session Tracker)
ichio wrote:

yes grab me

Ok...I'll wait for your action before taking the statue's.

201 to 250 of 298 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ebonfist's #4-07 Severing Ties Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.