GM Choptop's S05-08 The Confirmation

Game Master Choptop

Confirmation Maps and Handouts


101 to 150 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”I have to admit....those things are pretty neat. I suspect we will get some real credit in the journal if we write this up properly. And I’m glad there’s no mention of werewolves. Maybe they aren’t werewolves after all,” Nic mumbles under his breath.

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Wow, cool bowls." She takes notes. "This is kind of a historical thing. Not my expertise." She listens to Imrahil.

"They're like little toys. Cool." She drops a gold piece into the Beggar's hands. "I feel bad for him. Here you go, mister beggar!"


Confirmation Maps and Handouts
Khari Sidare wrote:

"Wow, cool bowls." She takes notes. "This is kind of a historical thing. Not my expertise." She listens to Imrahil.

"They're like little toys. Cool." She drops a gold piece into the Beggar's hands. "I feel bad for him. Here you go, mister beggar!"

I love the interaction, but currently these are just drawings on the cave walls, not physical objects.

The party is free to converse amongst themselves and inspect the cave as they'd like, I'm by no means rushing! When they're ready to move deeper underground there is a wide tunnel that exits the cavern on its far side. Blue-burning torches line the exit passageway's walls, giving the tunnel an otherworldly feel.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

Imrahil furiously scratches down notes before he can continue in good conscience. If anyone brought the appropriate materials, he recommends they take a rubbing of the surface. "Aroden is quite interesting, merely due to how special of a case his was."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

"C'mon!" Reckum calls impatiently at the tunnel's entrance. "We got explorin' and stuff to do. Those drawin's ain't goin' nowhere."

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

Kn. History (Bowl): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Kn. History (Snake): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Kn. History (Cloth): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Kn. History (Gem): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

"Oh wow..." Zu murmurs, also taking a turn at studying each of the carvings even as Imrahil gives a very thorough but succinct explanation of each. "Yeah, I see what you mean about the Bowl and the Gem! The other two I couldn't have placed but I'm glad you could, Imrahil."

As he shoulders his pack once more, he adds, "This sort of thing was what my schoolin' was about. History and geography and language. Very important things to learn about if you want to hunt for artifacts. And I'm a hands-on learner so I like to look at stuff even if someone else already knows all about it!"

With that he trots off to follow Reckum, Fuzzy skittering along behind.

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

Khari carefully draws pictures in her journal. "I hope we can find more of these pictures. Onward!"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

"You'll be singing a different tune when we trigger the trap that floods this room. You know, leaving no trace of the ancient lore." But Imrahil grins, and he's written everything he needs to. He retrieves Parathma's Downfall and forges ahead with Reckum.


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

Travelling deeper down the tunnel, the soft light of the surrounding fungus mixes with the flickering glow of the nearby torches to reveal a grand chamber. Along the eastern edge of the chamber a large pool of water reflects the blue and green radiance to illuminate the massive stalactites that cling to the ceiling overhead. Two other tunnels branch off from this area, leading to the north and south.

A wide column of stone rises from the center of the water, its top carved to create a diorama of a miniature city. Tiny trinkets such as ancient coins, polished semiprecious stones, and ornately braided loops of string are scattered throughout the diorama, and pale cave frogs clamber atop it. The cavern floor surrounding the pool is covered in gravel and pebbles, and several foot-long centipedes prowl among the gravel in their search for prey.

Knowledge Engineering, Geography, History, Local, or Religion Check:

DC 10
Spoiler:
The diorama is of Absalom, identifiable by the tall Starstone Cathedral.

Kneeling in the water is a gillman, easily recognizable by the gills along the sides of his neck. He doesn't appear to have noticed the party. Slide 4 uncovered, used an arrow to make it clear where the party came from and is going.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

"That's Absalom again," Imrahil notes, marveling just as much at the new chamber. He looks to the gillman uncertainly. "Hail there! Would you mind a talk?"


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

There's no response from the gillman.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”Watch out! He might turn into a werewolf,” Nic calls out, readying himself if the gillman attacks!

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Wow, cool." Khari inspects the diorama.
K Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

"Is it Absalom?" She wonders. "It's very pretty. Anyone surprised it lasted so long?" She shrugs and waves to the gillman. "Hi there! I'm Khari Sidare, from the Voice of the Free. Can I get a word about this cavern?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

Kn. History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

"It's totally Absalom! See, there's the Starstone Cathedral," Zu points out to Khari. He then ponders the silent, kneeling gillman for a moment. "What would a werewolf-gillman even look like? Would it still have gills and swim in the water?"

Cupping his hands to his mouth, he too hollers at the strange gillman. "Helloooo~! We come in peace! This is a nice tunnel you've got here!"

Diplomacy (Aid): 1d20 ⇒ 8


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

I'm going to assume you stepped into the water at least somewhat Khari, so that your wave was directed towards his face. If that wasn't your intent, disregard the rest of this post.

The rippling water finally draws the attention of the gillman, who spins to the group with a surprised expression. He glances over all of you quickly, and after deeming you non-hostile, his face softens back into an expression of wry amusement. When Khari waves for his attention, he focuses on her intently as she speaks. After she finishes a hint of a smile shows at the corner of his lips, but he says nothing in return.

Perception Check:

DC 15
Spoiler:

Folded at the edge of the pool is a robe, presumably the property of the gillman. It's design almost perfectly matches that of the one Khari found in the pit.

That doesn't mean the Diplomacy check is concluded, other PCs can still attempt to influence the result.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

”Hey, you guys notice his robe over there almost exactly matches the one you found in that pit? Weird, huh? Well anyways, why won’t he talk to us?”

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Oh, the robe matches? Maybe he'll open up a bit if we show it to him." Khari retrieves it and shows it to the gillman. "Is this yours? Or maybe a friend's?"


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

The gillman's eyes light up momentarily when he sees the cloak, and when Khari finishes he answers her with a small nod.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

Well, if nobody else is going to introduce us...

"Well howdy there, name's Reckum, 'n these fine folks with me are members of the Pathfinder Society," Reckum chimes. "Who might you be?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"He's still not saying anything," Zu whispers to Imrahil, sounding confused. "Maybe he can't speak?"


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

Despite Reckum's hearty calling, the gillman doesn't seem to notice, still intently focusing on Khari.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"Huh...this is strange..." Zu mumbles to himself as he studies the gillman a little more closely, trying to figure out what he's all about.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Um... well, if you say it's yours, you can have it." She holds out the cloak. Definitely the quiet type. I bet I could turn into a gillman and swim around though- it's kind of cool.


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

For Zu:

You notice that he's observing the lips of those who speak and has no reactions for those who he isn't looking at. He must be deaf, and well accustomed to his condition.

When Khari offers the robe, the gillman steps forward to accept it. He looks the robe over, inspecting the patterns and runes with a somber smile before turning to the group to break his silence.

"Thank you. This is no robe of mine," he says, his voice thick with a drawling accent, "but I know it to be of our tribe. I am Uori, this cave is sacred to me, and to all of us you call 'gillmen'". He looks around the cave, trailing his webbed fingers across the water's surface. "Other humans say this cave is sacred to the dead god you call Aroden, but his magic is fading from its walls, and soon his influence here will be as dead as he himself." The gills on Uori's neck twitch and he dips himself back down into the water, swimming gracefully as he continues.

"This cavern has at times been a place of shared worship. Your city," he gestures to the model of Absalom, "my tribesmen tell me that humans and their ilk pay tribute here, where the last spark of Aroden's divinity dwindles. To us it means nothing, it is the pure waters of this cave that are sacred." He continues basking in the holy waters, seemingly enjoying his new company. "If you would ask anything, forgive my old and withered ears and gesture to me before speaking."

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

”We have heard your people come here at midnight when you visit. Is there a reason for that?”. Nic didn’t say the words, but it was easy to figure out the next question in is mind has to do with the werewolf part. Still the gillman hadn’t been overtly threatening, so maybe it might work out.

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"Psst...hey! He's not being rude or anything, he's deaf," Zu whispers to the rest of his companions. "No wonder he wasn't responding to us!"

Zu waits patiently until Ninnic's question has been answered before waving his little arm in the air like a student in a classroom. "Hello Mister Uori, I'm Zu! Do you know anything about the rest of the tunnels? It looks like they don't end here."


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

Uori gives his full attention to Ninnic when the ratfolk asks his question. "Spiritual guides of our tribes make the pilgrimage here under the glow of the full moon, so that we may be guided in turn. We seek enlightenment in these waters, and like the flow of the sea they are guided by the moon. Their energy waxes and wanes with our lunar cycle, strongest when the moon is brightest." Uori's gentle smile while he gives his lesson suggests that this wizened old gillman may be some form of teacher or guide for his tribe. He looks to Zu with a chuckle of approval when he raises his hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, little Zu." Unfortunately, his smile drops at the leshy's question. "It's true, these tunnels do extend deeper, though its new inhabitants aren't here for anything but violence." He motions to the northern passage, "The dead stand restless there, my own kin returned from death by vile magic, he lazily tosses his hand towards the southern tunnel, "and there, beasts from the forests outside encroach upon this place. Each day they venture deeper from the tunnels outside." A melancholic sigh escapes the gillman's lips. "I fear less and less of our world has become sacred."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

Imrahil puts his glaive down, without evident threat. It also makes him better able to gesture at Uori. "Did - do your people venerate Aroden? This places likens to one of his temples.

"And as for the dead, perhaps we could guide them to rest for you? If you're all right with the violence inflicted on your former friends."


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

"Though we gillmen care little for Aroden, we also cannot explain where those reliefs came from, nor why they're eroding as they are. Their images have been fading, as if great waves crash into the carvings day and night." With a small nod he adds, "you have also passed carvings left by my kind. Spirals and creatures of the sea? Of those we take credit, but these offerings and images to your god Aroden predate even our discovery of this holy spring."

When Imrahil mentions putting down the dead, a visible wave of relief passes over Uori's face. "I am glad that you offer, for it wasn't a request I would have made. Please, it would mean a great deal to me to see this place cleansed." The gillman swims toward the shore and to his robes, rifling through their contents to withdraw from it a short stick.

"Here," he says, extending a wand towards the group. "If you truly mean to rid this cave of these monsters, then take this. It will protect you."

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

Okay. Webbed fingers. Water-breathing gills. Lack of hearing? That's a bad tradeoff. Oh wait. Undead? Forest creatures?

"Like minotaurs? We saw a minotaur. One of our more experienced members distracted him so we could enter." She frowns.

"We all represent the Pathfinder Society. We're dedicated to exploring lands untouched, solving mysteries and defeating evil for the good of all." She smiles. "We will gladly clear out the desecration and all that. Maybe we could invite other Pathfinders to join and befriend you and the others of your home- to make sure your sacred land is preserved for the rest of time."

Sacred Waters. Gillman tribe?

"Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, Uori."

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

"What are we waiting for - there's stuff to smash!" Reckum yells, already heading down the tunnel.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

"Ugh, fine. We'll do that." Imrahil turns back to Uori before he follows. "We'll be back shortly. What does this wand do?"

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"Sorry, Reckum likes to...um...reckum," Zu shrugs to Uori as the halfling heads off towards the tunnel. "Thank you for telling us your story and for the magic stick-wand! We'll hopefully be back with good news soon!"

The leshy offers a wobbly, apologetic bow to the gillman before turning and hustling off after Reckum as quick as his little legs will carry him. "Reckum, wait! You might need cover fire! Fuzzy, come on!"


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

GM Stuff:

GM Stuff: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Uori chuckles at Reckum's eagerness as the gnome bounces off, then returns his attention to Imrahil. "The wand will protect you, it contains Shield of Faith. There should be enough magic left for 10 or so uses." With a smile and a wave, the elderly gillman offers a silent prayer for the group as they travel down the northern tunnel.

The cave’s damp air becomes increasingly stale as the party continues down through the passage and as they approach this area, the stench of decay grows increasingly evident. The passage opens into a small cavern littered with bits of broken glass, rotting pieces of paper, and other unusable detritus. The body of a male dhampir lies facedown toward the back of the cavern, likely the former creator of the undead that now wander over his corpse.

Lumbering throughout the room are four skeletons, the fish-like features of the skulls easily identifying them as gillmen. They don't appear to have spotted you yet.

The party can arrange themselves as desired in the western portion of Slide Four, but once anyone enters the narrow passage or otherwise engages, it will be roll initiative!

Liberty's Edge

Resources:
Alter Self : Racial 1 min. Metamorph 1 hour. Mutagen (+4 Str, -2 Con) 1 hour | Inspiration 1/2
HP 11/11 | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 12 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 | CG Female Ganzi Alchemist (Metamorph) | GM Folio Reroll +2 | Inspired |

"Thank you for the answer, Uori. And we're off."

And thanks for the feature study. I bet I can... oh, that's perfect!

Khari makes sure she's out of sight from the gillman, then focuses and takes a deep breath.

Gills around the neck. Prominent forehead. Webbed feet and toes. Very dry skin with poor water retention.

The chemical reagents within her activate and release heat as her body begins to change.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Gillman (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP -2/11 | unconscious | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 13 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 |

Khari the Ganzi is nor Khari the Gillman. Gillwoman. Gillperson.

"Cool." She admires her gills and hands for a moment, then wields her sickle. "Okay, let's do this."

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

Steeling himself, Imrahil stands close to the skeletons. But he lets Reckum get closer, the better to exploit his reach.

Can we make Religion checks on them now, or should we wait?


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

You can make your checks now, the knowledge would already be in Imrahil's mind.

Grand Lodge

Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

Ninnic takes a spot at the end of the group. ”Amy magic isnt the greatest against undead. Let’s get in there and smash them to bits!”

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"Right," Zu nods. He beckons Fuzzy and the pair squeeze past the others with Fuzzy moving to occupy one 'corner' and Zu himself moving to occupy another small space back at the back but still close enough that he can see into the cavern beyond.

"There we go! Now Fuzzy and I can help but shouldn't be in anyone else's way."

Grand Lodge

”Folwin” | Male N Medium Elf Alchemist 1 | HP 10/10 | AC 15, T 13, FF 12 | CMB +0 CMD 13 | F +3 R +5 W +0 (+2 vs. enchantments, immune to sleep) | Init +3 | Perc +6 SM +4 | Speed 30ft | Bomb 7/7 | Active Conditions: None

”Water breathing people!!! This is good.”

Folwin laughs with excitement.

”Let’s go. There are things to be burned.”

Folwin readies himself at the back ready to throw bombs at anything unfriendly.

Grand Lodge

M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

Reckum is practically vibrating with how ready he is to get in there and start walloping.

Liberty's Edge

Alter Self into a Gillman (for 1 hour) Base Form Chaotic Good HP -2/11 | unconscious | AC 13 (T 10 FF 13) | CMD 13 | Saves 4/2/0 | Perception +0 | Init +0 |

"Okay. I say we let them come to us." Khari prepares herself against a wall. "That way only one of them can attack us at a time."

"Maybe one of you can fire an opening shot?"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Elf Occultist 1 | AC 17/11/16 (15/9/15) | HP 3/14 | F +4, R +1, W +2 | CMD 15 | Init +1 | Per +7 | MF 4/5 (1/2 Div, 3/3 Tra)

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

"Not me. Reckum and I can be the front line, but I'd more likely hit the wall if I threw something."

Dark Archive

HP: 9/9 l AC: 16, T 14, FF 13 l CMD 14 l F +3, R +5, W +3 l Plant Focus (1 min/day), L1: 2/2 l Init +3 l Senses: Perception +6, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Handle Animal +4, Kn. Dungeoneering/Nature +4, Kn. Geography/History +5, Linguistics +5
Male NG Vine Leshy Hunter (Plant Master) 1 l Active Condtions:

"I can't really hit anything from back here but I can fire a shot in there, no problem!"

Assuming the group agrees...

Once everyone is ready Zu takes aim down the narrow tunnel and fires off an arrow at the back wall, hoping that it'll be enough to get the attention of the mindless dead.


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

I'm going to treat skeletons as "particularly common monsters" placing the DC at 5 + CR, meaning you recall two useful bits of information. Imrahil recalls that Skeletons are undead beings, making them immune to cold spells and abilities. He also knows that because of how they're animated and held together, slashing and piercing weapons won't be as effective as blunt, bludgeoning strikes.


Confirmation Maps and Handouts

It sounds like everyone is ready and I didn't hear any objections, so here we go!

Zu's arrow ricochets off the back wall of the cavern alerting the skeletons inside, and the rattling of bones grows closer as they all make their way to battle these new intruders!

Initiative Roll Spoiler to Save Space:

Gillman Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Gillman Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Gillman Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Gillman Skeleton: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Zu: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Reckum: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Folwin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Ninnic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Imrahil: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Gill-Khari: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4

Beginning of Turn Initiative:

  • Skeleton A
  • Skeleton B

  • Reckum
  • Ninnic
  • Zu

  • Skeleton C
  • Skeleton D

  • Imrahil
  • Folwin
  • Khari
  • From around the left side of the passage opening, two bony figures come barreling forward towards Reckum! Fighting for space in the narrow tunnel opening, their bones scratch and scrape on the stone and one of them manages to squeeze forward, lashing a bony, clawed hand at the gnome!

    Claw Attack vs Flatfooted Reckum: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
    Claw Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Its skeletal fingers find nothing but air however, narrowly missing the small barbarian! Reckum, Ninnic, Zu, and Fuzzy may go!

    End of Turn Initiative:

  • Skeleton A
  • Skeleton B

  • Reckum
  • Ninnic
  • Zu

  • Skeleton C
  • Skeleton D

  • Imrahil
  • Folwin
  • Khari
  • Grand Lodge

    M CG Gnome Mounted Fury Barbarian 1 | HP 16/16 | AC 15 T 12 FF 14 | CMB +2, CMD 13 | F: +5, R: +1, W: +2 (+2 vs illusions, +2 vs fear, despair) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +1, Low-light Vision | Speed 20ft | Rage 3/7 | Active conditions: None

    "Woo!" Reckum swings his hammer, his excitement getting the better of him and filling his arms with energy!

    Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
    Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

    Raging!


    Confirmation Maps and Handouts

    With only a single swing of his hammer, Reckum reduces his skeletal adversary into an explosion of bony bits! Shards of bone scatter harmlessly across the cavern floor, clearing the way for the next foe!

  • Skeleton A
  • Skeleton B

  • Reckum
  • Ninnic
  • Zu

  • Skeleton C
  • Skeleton D

  • Imrahil
  • Folwin
  • Khari

    Ninnic, Zu, and Fuzzy may act!

  • Grand Lodge

    Male Ratfolk Psychic 2 | AC 13/13/11 | HP 14/14 | F+2,R+2,W+5 | CMD 11 | Init+6,Perc+9 Phrenic pool 4/4 day | 20’ movement | Darkvision 60’ & Scent |

    Nic picks up an unattended rock and throws it at skeleton B, focusing his mental energy on bashing it but good.

    Ranged Attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

    Bludgeoning damage 1d6 ⇒ 3

    Cast Telekinetic Projectile.

    101 to 150 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Choptop's S05-08 The Confirmation All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.