Saga of a New Land

Game Master vayelan

A Kingmaker campaign of politics, intrigue, and war.

Maps:
Greenbelt Map
Stolen Lands Map
The Abandoned Fort

Encounter Map: Labyrinth Ambush
Party Loot

Resources:
Kingdom Tracker Spreadsheet
Kingdom Building Rules
Kingdom Turn Sequence
Buildings


501 to 550 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian lets his guard down slightly as the words are spoken.
Bydar is right.

He walks closer to the medusa keeping his hands away from his weapons.
Lady Sapphira...I can see you wanting to keep the most valuable items that will not weigh you down should you need to flee...Those are yours and we do not intend to remove them from you. We will need to work better on our communication skills if we wish for this little venture to succeed in getting you out of these tunnels.

He steps away and looks towards the Tengu.
Mr Pink is a value companion and as such I will defend him to the best of my abilities. I wish for no harm to befall anyone in this room. Let us hope we can avoid such misunderstandings in the future.

Christian looks to the others.
Are we ready to continues our exploration of these tunnels?


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Brandt watches the interchange between all the parties and seems to relax when Lady Sapphira relents.

Watching Christian intently, when the warrior finishes Brandt nods in agreement. Aye, can we all put this behind our heels and see what remains down here?


Sapphira stuffs her small treasures into her pack before hoisting it from the chest and shouldering the straps. She leaves behind the jug of oil and the sets of clothing, and she also leaves behind the oil lamp upon the divan's side table.

"Indeed, I am quite ready to rid myself of this place," she announces, checking the fit on her sword belt.

"If you've left any of those beasts alive," she begins, gesturing towards one of the petrified brutes in the corner, "Do I have leave to...give them a look, shall we say, in order to ease our escape?"


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Let us play that by ear for now. I am hoping that we can avoid any conflict...doubtful but I am hoping...

Liberty's Edge

| HP:46/46 | AC:18, T:14, FF:14 | F:+3, R:+9, W:+4 | Init:+9 | Perception:+12 (+14 vs Traps) | CMB:+7, CMD:18 | Male Tengu | Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 5/VMC Wizard (Foresight Diviner)

Mr. Pink will lead the group back into the tunnels in search of what's next.

Same scouting tactics as before. Sorry if anyone was waiting on me.


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian will follow Mr Pink.


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

Bydar follows Christian, though not so close to Mr. Pink as to diminish his chances of soft footedness. He seems intrigued by all they've seen so far.


Now accompanied by Sapphira, the party ascends from this ancient refuge, back to the twisting tunnels that sit just above. As the avian duo scout ahead, Sapphira occasionally pauses to crouch down and feel against the stone of the walls, just above the floor.

"I took Narthropple for a fool at first," she admits. "But he had at least a modicum of wit. He suspected that if he left any obvious trail markers, whatever lurked down here might use them to track us - or efface them and force us to lose our way. Thus, he made only very subtle marks, very low to the ground where they would be easy to miss."

She rises and offers a faint snort of frustration.

"He did not come this way. We may yet find his trail. He was a tenacious little slip."


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

"What else can you tell us about him? His capabilities? " Bydar asks. It seems prudent


"He was, by far, the most tolerable of his companions," she replies. "The priest was too headstrong, ready to charge into battle. He led us into the beastmen's ambush. Their scout was too quiet and eyed me too suspiciously. He made me nervous. Their wizard was the worst, always plying me with words to lure me to bed."

Hidden by her hood, the expression that crosses Sapphira's face lies somewhere between a scowl and a wincing grin.

"Narthropple was a soldier by vocation. He certainly commanded his companions with the sledgehammer-like grace of a sergeant. He spoke not about his background and seemed more focused on what was before him. While we marched along the river, I saw his fighting style in action against a patrol of lizardfolk. He fought with a pair of blades, one in each hand, and focused on parrying with one while landing a doughty blow with the other."


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 5 | hp 52 | AC23 T11 FF 22 | CMD 15 | F +8 R +2 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Perception +12

Orlog listen to Sapphira describe the halfling they haven't seen yet. "Sounds like a nice guy, could probably share a pint or two with the fellow." He then hasten his step as he tries to get back into formation and to see what the Tengu was up too.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

"Do you know why he was interested in these catacombs? I'm all for rescuing the lad provided he wasn't here to do us in. Brandt quietly asks Sapphira as they follow the Tengu's lead.


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian does not look at the medusa but tries to keep his words kind.
Will there be a problem if we find Master Narthropple alive? I would hate to defend myself against a person we just found.


"In the days we traveled together, I could never pry his purpose from him," she replies, a hint of frustration in her voice. "I was able to confirm his company had no affiliation with those damnable Taldanes. I came to suspect that, if they weren't simply pursuing old riches in some dusty ruin, they were hired to map the region. In my brief forays into the city, I keep my ear to the ground. I've heard that a few factions have suddenly taken an interest in bringing this land to heel."

She pauses and kneels abruptly, brushing her fingers against a slab of stone low to the ground.

"This is one of his markers. We're on his trail. When we find Narthroplle, I'd wager he'd offer gratitude rather than a fight. Depending on how he's fared over the intervening days, there may not even be much fight left in him."


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Brandt will examine the area Sapphira indicated and attempt to see if any tracks or marks remain in the area.

Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

I assume that a 14 is insufficient

Standing and shaking his head in frustration Brandt says, Nothing I can see here, Fenrir, can you track here? Indicating the wolfhound should attempt to see if he can smell anything

Scent: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The massive wolfhound approaches the area and seems distracted by the unfamiliar scent of Sapphira in the area...


Brandt spots the marker that Sapphira spoke of: a small, faint divot carved into the stone with a dagger. In passing, it could easily be overlooked, mistaken for natural wear. However, a closer examination reveals how unnaturally sharp and straight the cut is.

The smell of damp earth and the passage of the horned beasts confounds Fenrir, just as the steps of the large creatures obscures any footprints left behind by the surviving halfling adventurer. The smell of incense that still clings to Sapphira's cloak also makes for a distraction.


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

Bydar moves along, taking it in, "Well, Shelyn willing we'll find him alive AND reasonable."


"I can lead us to Narthropple, whatever state he may be in," Sapphira declares. "Just keep your eyes open, especially behind us. I don't know how many of those things were down here."


You press onward, with Misters Pink and Black scouting ahead while Sapphira periodically scans low on the walls for trail markers left by the fourth halfling adventurer. Brandt and Fenrir notice that the scent upon the subterranean air changes, subtly but noticeably. Orlog is the first to detect when the tunnel floor becomes uneven and bears more cracks. This proves to be a prelude to the collapse you find at the end of the path.

The passage abruptly opens onto a broad, cavernous chamber and falls away into a sinkhole. Only a knife's edge of the floor remains as a walkway clinging to the wall, allowing a few paces forward before it drops away. Small fissures line the ceiling, and you can dimly see the bottom of the chasm some forty feet below.

A frustrated sneer plays upon Sapphira's lips. Narthropple's trail leads to here. She is sure of it.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Looking around the group, Brandt sighs and uncoils a length of rope from his pack. Looking around the group he offers one end to Orlogg and begins to play it out to begin a descent. If you can cover me with bows or anything from up here, I'll climb down and see what I can see in there.

Brandt removes his backpack, laying his warhammer and handaxe next to it, and sheathing his bow in the quiver upon his hip. Magically the entire massive bow fits into the quiver, with nary a sign of its disappearance.

Brandt looks to the others for confirmation of his plan before playing the rope into the yawning chasm.

If he's in there, I'll find him, but perhaps we should throw some light into the hole to be certain there is nothing else down there?

If this is a DC 5 climb check I can make it with no problems as I have +10 to climb and no armor check penalty


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

"Be careful" The priest says

Liberty's Edge

| HP:46/46 | AC:18, T:14, FF:14 | F:+3, R:+9, W:+4 | Init:+9 | Perception:+12 (+14 vs Traps) | CMB:+7, CMD:18 | Male Tengu | Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 5/VMC Wizard (Foresight Diviner)

At the edge of the chasm, Mr. Pink holds up his hand to give pause to Brandt's scheme.

"Please. Let patience and prudence guide our plight. Give pause for perceptive wings to take flight."

Tengu:
"Scout and see what sits below. Come back and report what you know."

Mr. Black descends slowly into the dim depths as instructed. Mr. Pink peers over the edge cautiously to inspect what his familiar's light reveals.

Mr. Black Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Mr. Pink Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Mr. Black still has the ioun torch still.


The bobbing light of the ioun torch reveals a large, hairy, broken body at the bottom of the chasm. One of the cyclopean, horned lies dead far below. Its limbs are twisted in sharp, unnatural angles from its evident fall. Bits of rubble lie among and atop its body, suggesting it may have fallen when part of the collapsed walkway collapsed beneath its hooves. Oddly enough, the snapped remnants of a wooden pole can also be seen below.

Mr. Pink:
You can see what your familiar cannot. The secret here lies not at the bottom but far closer to your own perch. A narrow ledge is carved into the side of the rockface only a few feet below the lip of the jagged walkway. Your keen eyes can pick out a set of small toes, attached to a small hairy foot, peeking out from the concealed ledge.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Brandt nods in assent with Mr. Pink's suggestion to wait, and observes over the edge of the pit while Mr. Black illuminates the pit.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Agreed
Christian looks down into the collapsed tunnel.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Peering over the edge, Brandt brightens, I think we've found the missing Mr. Nathropple, I can see him maybe ten feet down there. Shall I attempt to get to him? Brandt indicates for the rest of the party where he can barely see the halfling's feet.

Liberty's Edge

| HP:46/46 | AC:18, T:14, FF:14 | F:+3, R:+9, W:+4 | Init:+9 | Perception:+12 (+14 vs Traps) | CMB:+7, CMD:18 | Male Tengu | Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster) 5/VMC Wizard (Foresight Diviner)

Mr. Pink attempts to pass along a secret message to his nearby companions (Brandt & Christian) using a series of chirps and hand gestures without alerting their quarry.

Bluff DC20: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Secret Message:
"The halfling hides in a hollow below."


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian listens as Brand points out the location of the missing halfling. He turns to look at Mr. Pink's chirping.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

He nods at Mr.Pink
Interesting....

Looking up from the collapse...he slowly turns to look at his companions.
Secure the area. Make sure none of those beast get the jump on us.

He turns back to Brand.
Be ready. Let us see what we have before climbing down into the unknown.

The young mercenary turns to Mr. Pink and Mr. Black.
Care to give us a bird eye view of things. It will help keep us on our toes.
He points down towards the hiding spot of the halfling. Christian then walks to the edge and pears down at the hiding spot.
I hope he is alive
Leaning slightly over the edge, Christian tries to keep his voice low and directed towards the hiding hole in hopes of not announcing their presence to anyone else.
Master Narthropple, my name is Christian. My companions and I are here to lend you some aid if you are in need of such. Might we be of some assistance?


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Nodding at Christian's words, Brandt turns to Fenrir and points at the tunnel opening, speaking in the harsh language of his homeland he orders the wolfhound to the tunnel mouth and it begins to watch the darkness.

Skald:
Fenrir, Guard. Good boy!


There is a long silence after Christian whispers down the ledge, his words echoing faintly off the chasm walls.

For a time, only your breath and the nervous shuffling of Sapphira's feet can be heard.

Finally, there is a reply.

"About damn time," comes the hoarse reply, the struggling words crawling up along the stone. "Good you announced yourself. 'Else I might'a sent you to the bottom, too."

Mr. Pink:
You gain a sense of the halfling's condition as your familiar stares at the surviving adventurer. He is injured and looks weak. He is having trouble even turning his head to look out in the direction of his would-be rescuer's voice.


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

"Sounds like healing services will be needed." Bydar readies to move forward


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 5 | hp 52 | AC23 T11 FF 22 | CMD 15 | F +8 R +2 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Perception +12

Orlog nods at Christian and walks a few feet back toward the way they came. He takes his weapon out and take a defensive position. I wonder how long the little guy has been waiting there. He keeps his eyes focused on the corridor, making sure that nothing can approach the group unseen.


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Seeing that all seems good Brandt begins to slowly and carefully make his way down to the halfling below.

Master Narthropple, I'm climbing down to you. Should just be a moment

Climb: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


The rock face provides plenty of stout handholds for Brandt as he shimmies down to reach Narthropple. Tiny bits of stone tumble down to the bottom, leaving his companions worried that more of the walkway will collapse and send the ranger to join the dead beastman. However, the old stone holds fast.

Not far down, he finds the ledge that serves as the surviving adventurer's refuge. For its size, only a halfling or gnome could have found sanctuary within the crevice. Even so, it looks like a tight, uncomfortable fit.

"This won't be pleasant," the halfling idly groans.

Brandt fishes Narthropple from the crevice and, with with the aid of some rope, hoists him up to his companions who drag him back up to the walkway. Without any difficulty on the climb back up, Brandt rejoins the party straight away.

The halfling adventurer has suffered several minor wounds, likely received during his band's ill-fated encounter with the beastmen. On their own they would not necessarily be life threatening, but left untreated they could become dangerous. Narthropple is clearly exhausted, cold, and dehydrated.


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian helps Brand as he comes up with the Halfling.
Master Narthropple...My companion Bydar here will help with your wounds.

After the Halflings wounds are tended to...
I am afraid I have to be the bearer of bad news. We have located the Halfling remains from your party. We will give them a proper burial once we are above ground. We might not have found you if not for the aid of Mistress Sapphira. I understand that you two have met.

He moves slightly to the side to show the medusa off to the side.
We will gladly escort you out of these tunnels once they are cleared. What can you tell us about the region down here?


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Standing and disentangling himself from the rope, Brandt introduces himself, My name is Brandt, son of Oluff the Tall. Hope you are faring better now that we've retrieved you from your predicament. I am wondering how that beast fell there and you escaped, sounds a story worthy of song.

As Brandt reshoulders his pack and extra weapons, Fenrir returns to his side. This is Fenrir


An almost serene expression of relief crosses Narthropple's face, as much from Lord Christian's words as the priests' ministrations.

"I'm glad I trusted my instincts and brought you along, girl," the halfling sighs, his eyes turned towards Sapphira. "Every last one of us would've died otherwise. I owe you my life, all of you."

Sense Motive DC 12:
Narthropple has the experience of a soldier, and he has likely seen comrades die before. However, you strongly suspect that, this time, he harbors more than just a bit of survivor's guilt, having led his company of explorers into this ill-fated expedition.

"One of those brutes came looking," he feebly waves a hand towards the chasm. "I lost track of time, so I don't know how long ago it really was. I fitted my collapsible pole into a fissure along the ledge, and when the monster leaned over to sniff me out, I used the last of my strength to twist the pole like a lever. It cracked the ledge apart and sent him tumbling to his doom."

He hazards a smile and a choking laugh at his own accomplishment.


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

Bydar does indeed move to the halfing, offering him some water, "Drink, I will tend to your wounds. They are shallow, but need cleansing lest they become infected."

Okay to take 10 on healing? Total would be 21.

If so, he cleans out and wraps the wounds carefully.

Sense Motive 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Bydar is impressed by the cleverness, but he hears bitterness in the boast, "Your cunning served you well, Master Narthropple. Sometimes it is not enough, and that is no shame on you, for loss afflicts all in life. My condolences regarding the misfortune that befell your company."

A look to the others, "He needs water, and rest, preferably by a nice fire when it can be arranged." A look to the halfling, "We would appreciate what you know of this area. I myself am intrigued by the build and artistry of the place, but I suppose the wiser thing would ask of you the lay out and threats that you know of, and what areas remained unexplored by your group, that you know of."


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 5 | hp 52 | AC23 T11 FF 22 | CMD 15 | F +8 R +2 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Perception +12

Still guarding the rear, Orlog listens to the conversation while he keeps an eye out. And our little just got a bit bigger again.


"Thank you," Narthropple grunts, wiping moisture from his mouth with his forearm after downing an entire skin's worth of water. "We didn't get much of this place mapped before those beasts fell upon us, and Kaleb had those map sketches when we got separated."

This Kaleb is presumably one of the slain halflings you found. You didn't find any maps, so you suspect the beastmen may have destroyed them in ignorance.

"I don't know much about history. Georg told me this place was originally built by cyclopes, then redressed by old Iobarians, so I took him at his word. The place certainly seems sized for cyclopes, and the way the passages twist and rooms appear without rhyme or reason...I don't know, it just seems so chaotic.

"I tried to keep tally of how many of those one-eyed brutes I saw, but they all looked too much alike. As best I can tell, I've seen six or seven of them."


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian listens intently.
We found no maps on any of your companions.

We killed three earlier and that one down...that would make four. Leaving maybe another three left. I hope at least. Those creatures are nasty and pack one hell of a punch. There still could be more.


Sapphira leans close to Christian, then thinks better of it and edges away. She whispers, just loud enough for him to hear but Narthropple to remain deaf.

"I...took care of two others. I left them in the corners of the room where you found me. The accuracy of Master Narthropple's recollection determines whether these tunnels are clear or if one more of those beasts remains lurking just out of sight."


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian answers in a polite tone without looking over his shoulder.
Hmm. That is correct. I did forget about those other two.

Nodding slightly...
That means we most likely have at least one more to deal with.

Standing and looking across the collapsed tunnel.
These tunnels need to be cleared and further explored. No telling how many exits there are and we need to make sure we find all of them. Do we continue on or escort our new friends to safety?


Male Human (Ulfen) Ranger 5; Hp: 45/60; AC 18; F:7, R:6, W:3; Perc +10
Fenrir:
HP 19/19; AC 14; F: 5, R:5, W:4 ; Perc +5

Looking from the injured halfling to Bydar, Bydar, your decision. We can likely press on, but should we be careful with Narthopple's health?


Bydar:
Thanks to your ministrations, Narthropple is no longer marching towards the Boneyard. He will survive the trek back to the surface, but the stress of battle may be too much for him. He will be of no use in a fight, and he could be quite vulnerable.


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 5 | hp 52 | AC23 T11 FF 22 | CMD 15 | F +8 R +2 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Perception +12

"So, only one left to kill. If we are lucky that is." Orlog ponders for a moment. "Maybe the thing even ran away now that it is alone. But for some reason, I don't think our luck is that good."


Male Human Cleric 5 (HP 41/41;AC16,T11,FF15; F+7,R+4,W+10; Init +1; Perc +4){Effects:none}

"Narthrople is ..stable, but the stress of battle might undo him. He'll be useless in a fight, and quite the liablity." he looks to the halfling, "My apologies for my bluntness."


Male Dwarf Forgepriest 5 | hp 52 | AC23 T11 FF 22 | CMD 15 | F +8 R +2 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init +5 | Perception +12

"Well then, shall we head back up top side? Pretty sure our new friends here wouldn't mind seeing the sun after so many days down here."


"Blunt is good," Narthropple groans in reply to Bydar as he tries, and fails, to raise himself from the ground. His muscles are too fatigued, too atrophied, and he plops back down before he can even lift his knees from the old, crumbling walkway.

"I never sweeten words with honey," he continues from his supine seat, "And I appreciate when others don't bandy around the truth, either.

"You're in luck that I'm also no foolhardy berserker from Numeria or reckless rider from among the Shoanti. I know when to withdraw and lick my wounds. I'll gladly do so now, if someone would be decent enough to lend me their support."


Male HP:56/56 AC:19 T:14 FF:14 F:+5 R:+4 W:+3 Perc:+9 Init:+5 Bastard Sword +10, 1d10+3 CMB:+8 CMD:+18 Human Cavalier 5 (Daring Champion)

Christian looks to Bydar as he speak and nods his approval of his words.
Understandable.

Orlog's words grabs the young mercenary's attention.
Agreed

He turns to look at the others.
We escort our guest to the exit. We can grab what items we have found on out way out. Drop off and resupply if needed. Sound good?

501 to 550 of 750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Saga of a New Land All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.