GM supervillan's 9-01 Low Cost of Enlightenment [PFS] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

Low Tier maps and slides


1 to 50 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Dot and delete here seekers of enlightenment.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

You have been despatched from the Pathfinder Society lodge in Katheer, to a large mining city in the Qadiran interior.

Somewhat unusually, the Venture-Captain who despatched you has done so by letter. You may all open this spoiler.

VC ibn Qaradi's letter:

Pathfinders,
I regret that business has forced me away from the lodge, and so I must settle for a simple letter instead of providing you with a proper greeting.

An unusual pair of cults—The White Feather and the Roidirans—has taken root in the Qadiran mining town of Qaharid. The White Feather are ascetics who believe enlightenment comes from giving away all worldly possessions and status, while the Roidirans follow the goddess Roidira, the Dark Sister of Knowledge. To Roidirans, nothing matters more than following their goddess’ example and rejecting established wisdom to uncover universal truth. Recently, Roidirans have been returning from forays outside of Qaharid in the throes of grief and causing quite a few disturbances. Whatever knowledge the Roidirans have found in their pilgrimage must be significant, and so I’m asking you to investigate it further.

This mission requires poking your noses in affairs that Qadirans might deem embarrassing. For that you’ll need a properly powerful patron, and one well-versed in matters of faith. No patron would be better for this situation than High Priestess Amal al Sahba, who not only oversees Sarenite activities in all Maharev, but has the ear of the satrap himself as one of the exalted Peerless—his handpicked council of elite advisors. If anyone can help you, she can. When you meet with the high priestess, be sure to put your best effort into impressing her. Represent yourselves well, and she could prove a powerful ally in the future.

I’ve enclosed a sealed letter of recommendation, but it won’t be enough to just go up to al-Sahba and hand her the letter; she’s a busy woman with a province to run. Fortunately, by the time you arrive, there will be an ongoing festival celebrating the invincibility of the sun and Sarenrae’s eternal light. Like most religious festivals, it is open to foreigners; perhaps you can get her attention there.

If you can’t reach her directly, however, try her wife, Lorah Meriwether. She’s not quite at her spouse’s level of prestige, but she heads a local trading guild, has plenty of connections, and—of course—has direct access to al-Sahba. On top of all that, she’s foreign, and may be more sympathetic to your situation. If your attempts to gain the high priestess’s attention at the festival fail, find Meriwether during her office hours in the Customs House and talk to her.

When you have finished your business in Qaharid, I invite you to join me for a full-course dinner at the Katheer Lodge.

I look forward to hearing your report over spiced cake and tea.

May Shade Never Be Far,

Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi

Your boat journey from Katheer to Qaharid gives you ample time to introduce yourselves to each other, and to discuss your mission. Please go ahead and give your in-character introductions...

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

A stout dwarf with a shorter-than-traditional beard sits somewhere on the boat away from the edges. By his side is a beautiful white tiger. Before mingling with the others, Aulurius strokes the tiger's massive head and speaks to her in druidic.

After a moment, he stands up, just to immediately have to catch himself from sliding with the movements of the boat.

Once everyone is gathered, the dwarf introduces himself. "Well met everyone, and good ta see the two of ye again." He nods to Sulana and Bahram. "I'm Aulurius, and this is Huntress. We both bring our feral might to the table, and I bring some of the powers of Golarion herself. We're happy to be here representing the society, though I dinnae ken why Qaradi thinks me shamed self would be good for a diplomatic mission." Upon further inspection, the druid's beard hasn't been kept since it started growing. It had been shaved in recent past.

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Sayuki, co-owner of the Nine-Tuilled Fox, nibbles a folded pastry as she looks out over the water from a chair she's relocated to the side of the boat. She looks... well, admittedly a bit sleepy. She rubs at her temple with her spare hand. A short bow leans against the back of the chair, a couple of arrows beside it.

To anyone who might be approach her, she offers a weary smile. "I lost track of my sake the other night," she explains. "Not a habit... but not the first time, either."

She ponders the sea for another moment, before turning in her chair to more directly address her new friend. "Hopefully my headache will be the least of my problems while we are in Qadira. I am called Sayuki; and yourself?"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Sulana leans against the back of the boat, occasionally glancing up at the sky. Hopefully there aren't any river drakes around here!

Seeing Aulurius and Bahram makes her break out into a genuine smile. "It's good to see you again! I suppose it makes sense that we'd all be available at the same time, but I still didn't expect to find anyone I knew way out here."

Realizing somewhat belatedly that she's leaving out the rest of the group, she blushes. "Sorry. Um, I'm Sulana. I'm looking forward to working with all of you."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"Alurius, Sulana! I leave the desert behind and keep finding myself confined to the deck of a boat at the mercy of the waters. I'm happy I am in the company of suck fine friends!"

Bahram is an athletic looking half orc with a dusky coloring to him rather than the stereotypical green. He has a short pointy black beard that does not extend much past his jaw line, a sure sign of his youth. With his curled toed boots and light baggy pants, he seems only moderately comfortable on board a boat.

"Sayuki was it? That is a pretty name. It's truly a pleasure to meet you. It seems as is we are in for a bit or intrigue. I'm always happy to not need this beast so much.". He says smiling while he pats his great axe.

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Sayuki eyes Bahram, appraising him. She's seen some mixed figures in the Pathfinders thus far.

"Pleased to meet you as well, though I don't believe I caught your name. It's good to have a more diplomatic mission ahead of us-- and good to have an ensemble rather than a single well-spoken wordsmith." She grins. "Although it would be much more difficult for the... six?... of us to slip quietly from an unfortunate situation."

Her ankle nudges her bow, setting it wobbling as if to indicate that she does know how to defend herself if the need arises.

"I believe you're better-dressed for Qadira than I," she admits; she wears a simple robe not too far removed from a kimono, though the material is notably cheap and it seems a little thick, for some reason.


Companion Cat, Big (Tiger) animal 1 HP:6/11 | AC:14 T:13 FF:11 | CMB:+2 CMD:15 (19 v trip) | Saves F:+4 R:+6 W:+2 | Init:+3 | Per:+6 scent | | Default Trick: Defend | Current Conditions:

Huntress growls when Sayuki says six of us, then walks forward to make her presence firmly known, before affectionately nuzzling Sulana, along with any outstretched hands before returning to Aulurius' side.

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Sayuki grins at the approaching tiger, offering a gentle ruffling of her forehead.

Sylvan:
"Ah yes-- my apologies, Huntress. I was not accounting for our dwarven friend; he seems ill at ease on the waves and I did not want to count our dwarves before they've come ashore."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

Bahram chuckles to himself and looks down ashamed of his poor manners.
"Of course, my apologies. Seeing my old friends Alurius and Sulana had put me off apparently.". Bahram bites deeply to Sayuki and says,
"I am Bahram. Bahram Al-Urgug, and I hope we becomes as good of friends as I am now with these other two!"

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp19/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

A blue-grey wolf will trot up onto the ship carrying a small Halfling slung over it's back. The red headed creature girl will be petting the creature as, nuzzling it's ears before it trots up to it's fellow pathfinders.

She will tug herself off from the wolf and offer a curt bow. The fiery redhead wore her hair in two unkempt pony tails. Her clothing was colorful and flamboyant, a chain shirt worn over the bright hodgepodge of red, blues, and golds. The rapier at her side made it clear what she fought with.

Bright green eyes shot from person to person as she introduced herself.

"Pleasure to meet ya! I'm Etna Luul. You seem to got that pathfinder look to you all. This is Mr Blue."

The wolf would give a little yawn seemingly exhausted by it's partners energy.

"Now who's excited to win the day with words!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"Etna. What a pleasure to meet you. Mr. Blue. This should be a most enjoyable trip with both a wolf and a tiger to keep us company."

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

And the fox is beginning to feel outnumbered... but not outwitted, Sayuki thinks.

”Happy to have such a full party!” she proclaims, although her cheer is tempered by the throb in her head.

Silver Crusade

HP 9/9 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+1 W+1| Init +9 | Perc -1, DV 60'

- Almost 'full party'. Zeta Forli... at your service.

With these words, the last member of our fairly large group out on the deck of the ship - a beautiful bronze-skinned woman with a fiery red hair and small dark red horns on her head, dressed in green and orange silks, with a glass of red wine in her hand and fire in her sly red eyes (it's not literally 'flame', but it feels like they are full of volcanic energy and passion). Zeta wears a huge amount of jewelry, decorated with all forms and patterns of bats, daggers, kisses, succubi and moon. Also, she has a little exotic creature sitting on her shoulder that looks like a mix of a bird and a bat (those of you who are skilled in nature can tell it's some kind of tiny pterosaur).

- I'm so glad that we'll be able to go on this mission without violence and bloodshed. Diplomacy and intellectual problem solving are my favorite methods.

She's smiling and really looks like a temptress, not a warrior, but something tells you that this obviously temperamental woman can ...surprise.

- I hope we all have good luck! Cheers!

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

"Yes, I'm hoping there will be less bloodshed necessary on this mission than there was on my last. I admit diplomacy is not my strongest suit, but I prefer not to fight if I don't have to."

Sulana smiles at the wolf. "Greetings Mr. Blue. Aren't you a handsome fellow?"

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

When Sayuki speaks to Huntress, Aulurius is visibly baffled at how close whatever language Sayuki was speaking is to druidic. Huntress responds by headbutting Sayuki playfully.

The dwarf visibly relaxes upon seeing the sheer number of animals present. "Let's hope Amal al Sahba likes animals, eh? And how, Zeta, did you come 'cross this little thing? It's a pterosaur, right?

E-either way, does anyone know much about this high priestess? Or how t' put on a particularly good worship of Sarenrae?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Sayuki offers a smile. "You must outlast the priestess in a sun-staring competition. Direct eye contact, no blinking, eyes as wide as you can manage. The Great K'tharna, Fourth High Priestess of Qadira, once stared directly into the sun for three straight days and nights, chanting the Three Tenets of The Dawnflower's Worship the entire time."

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

You're forgetting the - 20 for your lie being impossible. ;)

"I's impossible to stare at the sun at night, lass. Nice try though."

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

I am SO GLAD you noticed that :D but disappointed that you noticed it so quickly! Sayuki will have to be more clever in the future.

Sayuki's eyes twinkle and she giggles behind her sleeve. "My daughter would never have noticed! You're quick, and I must admit I am caught. I also must admit that I am no expert on religious matters."

Silver Crusade

HP 9/9 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+1 W+1| Init +9 | Perc -1, DV 60'
Aulurius wrote:
And how, Zeta, did you come 'cross this little thing? It's a pterosaur, right?

- Yes, it is a pterosaur. Her name is Clarissa. Her true name sounds very complex and hard to pronounce... So, in short... It's not an animal, it's a conductor of divine power, which I choose a long time ago to burn alive some evil witches, who supposed to harm my family.

With the last words of this terrible story Zeta smiles to much friendly, so it looks totally cold and as the end of the conversation on this topic. She decides to change the subject quickly:

- How did you become friends with this beautiful tiger, Aulurius? He even seems to understand your speech. I do not know these languages, but he reacts them quite clearly. Is it magical?

Sayuki wrote:
My daughter would never have noticed! You're quick, and I must admit I am caught.

- If it's any consolation, I totally believed and listened with my mouth open.

She seems to be speaking without irony.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Perhaps some of you really know about Sarenrae:

Knowledge (religion) DC5:

Sarenrae the Dawnflower is the Goddess of the Sun. Her symbol is an angelic ankh. The dove is her sacred animal.

DC10:

Sarenrae is a Kelishite goddess, but her worship is common all over the Inner Sea region. In addition to being goddess of the Sun, Sarenrae is concerned with honesty, healing and redemption. She teaches that all creatures, whatever evil they may have committed, have the possibility of being redeemed: the only exception is Rovagug, the Rough Beast, whom Sarenrae helped the other gods to imprison in the centre of the world.

DC15:

The church of Sarenrae is mostly composed of altruistic priests who are also ready to be stern should it be warranted. The church is known for blessing crops, healing the sick, and reforming criminals and evil doers. They are often consulted to solve feuds and disputes among neighbours and families. The Empire of Kelesh holds her as their patron deity and is responsible for spreading her faith throughout the Inner Sea region.

The Cult of the Dawnflower is a militant sect of the church that is popular and influential in Osirion and Qadira.

Knights of Sarenrae identify themselves by wearing white scarves around their helms and wielding the scimitar. They are willing to offer mercy to those enemies who seek absolution and renounce evil.

More from your GM later...

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp19/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

Etna will glance directly at the sun before whistling. "Man, and I thought quantifying art into worship was rough. guess I'm not much of the religious type."

Etna rubs the tears from her eyes before picking up on the lie.

"That does bring up a good point. Show of hands, who knows much about religion? Most I know is we beat up the guys who worship the bad creepy ones."

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Know(religion) (untrained): 1d20 ⇒ 20 Did I really just use a nat 20 on an untrained knowledge roll? .-. Alright. DCs 5 & 10, here we go

"All I know is what I've heard in Absalom. Sarenrae's sacred animal is a dove, her symbol is an angelic ankh, and she's fairly popular. She favors the ideas of honesty, healing, and redemption.. Oh, and she's the goddess of the sun!" Aulurius slowly stammers out as he recalls different conversations he overheard.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

K. Religion Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Sulana shakes her head. "I confess I don't know much. I mostly follow Erastil, which probably isn't surprising." She gestures to her longbow.

"Like Aulurius, all I know about Sarenrae is that she's the goddess of the sun and more concerned with redeeming evildoers than slaying them. With the exception of Rovagug of course."

She looks around. "Has anyone else made a study of religion? Or have any idea how to get the favor of a High Priestess?"

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Anything under DC10 is a free roll untrained, FYI! So with luck, you can know the first two spoilers.

Knowledge (Religion) Untrained: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Sayuki scratches her head. "I've always been curious about that; where I'm from, the sun is typically seen as the domain of Shizuru. Maybe the opportunity to redeem someone will present itself when we arrive? Anyone here feeling like turning their wicked ways around?"

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

"I'm hoping for the opportunity to heal someone. That's where my talents lie."

GM, will I have a chance to re-prepare spells before we start the next portion of the scenario? Or stick with what's on my sheet?


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Prepared casters have the opportunity to change spell selections during the boat trip, after having received the VC's letter, so go right ahead Aurulius.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

in. Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"I only know as much as the next person it seems. If it comes to starting at the sun, however, I may have an advantage." Bahram says as a smiles and points to the black smears underneath his eyes.

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Does Aulurius happen to know if berries naturally grow in Qaharid? ;)


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

It's a large city - whilst you might not find any wild berries, you can surely purchase many different varieties! Just make sure that the merchant you obtain them from is being honest when describing the berries as 'freshly picked' if you mean to use them for Goodberry spells! I'll allow an easy Survival or Knowledge:Nature check to find some growing wild though (DC10).

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Fantastic. All set with one Cure Light Wounds and one Goodberry.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Qaharid, the Turquoise City, spreads out from its docks at the vertex of the Maharev and Meraz Rivers, its forest of minarets and spires proudly flaunting the lustrous copper mined from the surrounding hills. Though far from the cosmopolitan coasts your journey was by riverboat, the city rises from its perch with an eagle’s pride that sports every colour of the rainbow, as though it were itself a district of the grand metropolis of Katheer.

Fifty thousand souls call the city home, and it shows. People of every description hustle through the docks, and a cacophony of accents and languages mingle with the music of charming street buskers. Very few of the locals seem concerned to see a young tiger and an adult wolf accompanying a party of foreigners; perhaps the people take them for performing animals. A rich market street lined with bright awnings and tents leads straight from the docks to the customs house, beyond which rise the golden spires of the Sarenite temple. No doubt the prospective patron in Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi’s letter might be found there in the Temple Ward.

Freshly painted signs announce, in several languages, the entrance to Coppersmith Lane, a place whose workaday name belies the expensive temptations that beckon to passersby from its countless tables and stalls. Here and there, almost like blank spaces in the crowd, are the unadorned, crisp white cloaks and shifts of White Feather adherents.

Walking through the marketplace invites an education in Qadiran culture. Here the worship of the Keleshite sun goddess is at its absolute zenith. Children dressed as Sarenrae and her paladins run laughing through the streets playing little war games, a smiling priestess doles out blessings to passersby, cheerfully intoning “The dawn brings new light!” with each, while glittering devices celebrating the goddess dangle from most stalls. Buntings and banners announce the annual solstice festival, which is no doubt contributing to the religious colour flooding the streets.

Perception DC13:
There are an unusual number of guards on duty, even for so crowded a place, including Sarenite paladins.

Keleshite language, OR Linguistics DC15:
You notice amidst the chatter concerned whispers about the growing strength of the Roidirans. “Will they do what they did yesterday?” one woman asks.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"Amal Al Sahba will no doubt be in the temple. That is our first priority. Perhaps I should be a convert? When I do pray, it is to Iori, but I am in no way beholden to him, so it would not be a stretch to inquire about Sarenrae. We need an angle.'

it's good to be closer to home... But also uncomfortable. How do we make nice work a priestess who is so important? None of us are followers.

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5

Bahram is lost in thought, looking at all the sights, but taking non of it in.

Silver Crusade

HP 9/9 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+1 W+1| Init +9 | Perc -1, DV 60'

Zeta goes through the streets looking at the counters, paying a lot of attention to silk, jewelry and - especially - to decorative weapons. However, this does not prevent her to listen and delve into the conversation:

- Honesty. That's all we've got. From what you told me and what I heard as a child - and I grew up in a port city and heard a lot - honesty is literally one of the spheres of influence of the Goddess of the Sun. So let's be honest with this priestess as much as possible.

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Sayuki grins. ”If you must lie, at least try to be entertaining,” she adds.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Her eyes flicker over the crowd, and she can’t help but notice...

”Is this area known for an unusually high or low crime rate? There are an awful lot of guards here. Too many; to pay this many, you’re paying more to prevent crimes than you would lose if you allowed them.”

She whispers, leaning in close to her companions.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

”I agree. There’s far too many guards here. Did something happen?”

Looking around, Sulana notes the celebratory air of the festival. ”Sarenrae is the goddess of honesty; I doubt we’d get far with her priestess by lying. The venture captain suggested getting her attention at the festival. I’m not entirely sure of the best way to do that. Perhaps we could ask around to see what portions of the festival she oversees and go from there?”

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"Oh, are there more here than usual? Are we thinking that they are up to no good? Maybe they are expecting some trouble from these two cults. Either way, I don't think that we should go straight to the temple to try and get in good with our contact. We should probably clean up and see what kind of inside information we can gather. Any thoughts on that line of thinking?"

So many options. Where do we go? What do we do? Who do we speak to? I need a drink.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"OOoh! Maybe there will be contests that we can compete in, Sulana, in order to stand out. We need more information. Let's get a drink."

Silver Crusade

HP 9/9 | AC 15 T 11 FF 14 | CMD 11 | F+2 R+1 W+1| Init +9 | Perc -1, DV 60'

- I’m curious about this ‘Roidirans’ as well. Never heard anything about them or their goddes. Tavern sounds like a good idea to wine and questions!

Plan: 1) a good tavern 2) a glass of local or chelish red wine 3) questions: start easy chat with male guests about local news and then go to main questions about this cult.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 91d4 ⇒ 1 with a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks to influence those who might be romantically attracted to Zeta (trait)

UPD: Lol! Is it too boring men or too delicious wine?

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Fret not, Zeta! Sayuki will handle the women--

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

--who notice she gives off extremely married vibes, I guess!

Grand Lodge

F Halfling cavalier (honor guard) 1/swashbuckler (mouser) 1 | Hp19/19| AC 20 Tc 15 Flat 16 | F+4 R+7 W+2 +2 vs Fear | CMB +0 CMD 14 | Perc +6 | Init +4 | Panache 3 of 3

As the group walked Etna had already made a slight beline to toss a coin to a street merchant for some local cuisine. Eating as they walked, she would pass bits of it to Mr. Blue as she eyed the crowd.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"well I at least feel safe with so many guards around. I like the idea of trying to get her attention. It's easy to draw someone into a conversation after a show. If there is anything involving a dance competition then I am your girl. Not to toot my own horn."

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

Take 10 for 17 to perception

Aulurius, placing his social ineptitude on full display, doesn't lower his voice as he says, "With there being so many guards and Sarenra being a goddess of honesty, why don't we just go ask one of these paladins what's going on? Ye don't have t' join me if ye don't want, but I intend to ask what's going on with the heavy guard, as well as where the best of the festivities are!"

The dwarf will pause, hoping his companions will come with him. Once everyone is decided, he will lead and ask questions unless another of the group offers directly.

Aulurius will also be carefully monitoring the guard's responses, looking for lies that may indicate that the dress doesn't match the person, i.e. the guards weren't hired for the festival. Sense Motive modifier is +4

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

Sulana shrugs. "Starting with the guards seems like a decent idea. They should be pretty familiar with how this festival works. Then head to a tavern to see what gossip we can pick up?"

She follows Aulurius as he goes to talk to a nearby guard.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"That does not sound like a bad idea to me Alurius. I'll go with you, and then we go to a tavern."

The Concordance

NG Dwarf Druid 1 HP:10/14 | AC:16 T:12 FF:14 | CMB:+2 CMD:14 | Saves F:+4 R:+2 W:+5 (+2 v poison, spell, Sp)| Init:+4 | Per:+7 darkvision | Spells 1:2/2 | Active conditions:

If headstrong Dwarf is disruptive or annoying to anyone, let me know and I can tamper it pretty well


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

Whilst you look for an appropriate watering hole, Aulurius and Sulana converse with one of the Sarenite paladins.

"We're here for your safety and wellbeing, visitors. Enjoy the Sunwrought Festival!"

gm screen:
SM, A: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
SM, S: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Aulurius and Sulana look at each other - it's obvious that the paladin is holding something back. The pathfinders press him politely, and the paladin sighs:

"Ah, am I that transparent? It's the Roidirans. Yesterday there were several incidents with those cultists, disrupting the festivities. Today is the Solstice, the height of the Festival and the holiest of Blessed Sarenrae's holy days - we don't want those poor lost souls proclaiming doom and despair today of all days."

The paladin helpfully directs you to several notable hostelries. As you make you way, you witness unfolding on a canopied stage the final scene of the Qadiran ballet, “The Dance of the Golden Veils,” depicting the remarkable triumph of Sarenite paladins against impossible odds, all to the melismatic strains of an orchestra performing beneath a sea of colourful parasols. In the opposite corner of the temple square lies a large, inert machine some 30 feet in height depicting the evil god Rovagug and a worried priest pacing around it. A sign saying “See Sarenrae defeat the mighty Rovagug! Noon Today!” sits beside it, but it is past noon, the ballet is about to end, and there are no actors in sight to operate the clockwork monstrosity.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-orc Bard (archaeologist) / 1 HP 9/9 | AC 15 F 11 T 14 | Init +1 | F +3 R +5 W +4 | Perception (0) | Darkvision 60' | Spells 1st: 1/2 | luck 2/7

"Now that is interesting. I'd like to go have a word with that priest. I wonder if something hasn't happened to his machine. Perhaps the Rodirans have tampered with it in some way to spoil their festivities."

Bahram will approach the worried looking priest.

"That is quite the impressive machine good sir. Might we have a chance to see it in action tomorrow since it seems that we have missed our chance today?"

maybe it is broke and we can help fix it. That would definitely put us in good graces with the Sarenites.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Dead Man's Debt

"Tomorrow?" the priest replies. "Tomorrow?! Heaven, no, the solstice is today! The reenactment of the battle against Rovagug is an essential and beloved part of the Sunwrought Festival. There's nothing wrong with the machine, but my actors haven't shown up. They're probably drunk, or in some forsaken pesh-hole!"

The priest looks your group up and down, nervously wiping sweat from his brow. 'You - you could help me out. Please? I'm desperate! The High Priestess will have me scrubbing the temple floor until next year's Festival if I can't do the one thing she asked of me! Look, the machine is really easy to operate. And then we just need a young woman to take on the role of Goddess Sarenrae. Why, you looked blessed by the sun, dear lady!" he looks at Zeta.

"Will you help?"

Grand Lodge

CG Human Rogue/2 | AC 16, T 13, FF 13 | 2/15 hp | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1| Init +4 | Percep +6 | CMD 14

Sayuki is about to step forward when Zeta is pointed out; she lets her foot fall short, and plays it off as simply adjusting her stance to get more comfortable.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Ranger (Ilsurian Archer) 1 | HP 10/12 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13)| Saves: F:+4, R:+6, W:+2 | BAB: +1, CMB: 3, CMD: +17, | Init: +4 | Perc. +5

"So, you want one of us to portray Sarenrae, and one of us to operate the machine?" Glancing at her companions, Sulana continues, "I suppose that would be one way of getting the attention of the High Priestess."

As long as they don't expect me to get up on that stage!

"What exactly would the actress portraying Sarenrae need to do? Etna, maybe you'll get your dance competition after all."

1 to 50 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM supervillan's 9-01 Low Cost of Enlightenment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.