Tiger's Heart

Game Master Torvald Torvaldson

Our adventure begins in the small town of Belric, just on the western edge of the Arthfell Forest in Andoran.


851 to 900 of 1,134 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Weed gains no further insight as to the nature of the arrow. Guard-Looks like you caught the pointy end mate; stay away from those.

Rodion detects no magic. The skulk's skin is strange because it looks humanish but the skin definitely sets it apart.

Rodion isn't sure that the skulk will be able to hold onto the rope to be pulled up (broken leg and a day or more sitting in a pit without food or water).

Rodion knows quite a bit about skulks now that they have been identified:

kulks are a race of cowardly and lazy humanoids that live on the fringes of society, stealing what they need and doing what they must—even committing casual murder—to survive. Their unabashed cowardice is perhaps their most widely known trait, but skulks don’t see themselves as particularly craven. Instead, they view their dishonorable behaviors as the most expedient method of survival. They hate most other humanoids, viewing them as lazy and foolish, and think nothing of sneaking into a home, killing all the residents, and burglarizing what they can carry off without getting caught.

Skulks travel in small groups, rarely forming tribes of more than 16, for in larger groups bickering quickly leads to violent infighting. Murder between skulks is not uncommon, but they understand safety in numbers, and most frown upon treason within a group that is already relatively small, punishing traitors with a quick death. When possible, they set up camps in discreet spots near other settlements, commonly inhabiting sewers, caves, or forests—though their unsavory, murderous tactics often force them to relocate before local law enforcement, quickly alerted to their presence once the remains of a family of victims are discovered, finds them.


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Rodion relays his knowledge about skulks to the party.

Quietly, away from the skulk's listening ears. Perhaps they have something to do with the murders and even the sheep you were chasing? Seems like we cannot really interrogate him(?) now. Should we try to help it and then ask questions, or just turn it over to the Walders?


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

Do skulks have claws that could explain Walker’s wounds?

To Eterran:
“Can ya climb down the rope into the pit and tie it round the skull? Then we can pull it up.”


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Weed wanders down the stairs...carrying the arrow....and holding it up to the party
i was discouraged from further pursuit of the creature


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

Eterran must be daydreaming.

“Eh Eterran! You with us lad?”


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

crap, how did i miss that

Climb down the rope and help the skulk

climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 + rope


After a little difficulty, Eterran manages to return to the top of the pit with a badly wounded skulk tied to his back.

Badly wounded skulk-Thank you for your kindness.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“What were ya doin here robbing the place? Speak true or we throw ya back in!”

intimidate: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Does Rodion know about skulks' claws and the potential of them to cause the observed injuries?


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Grimm....theres more to this than just these fellas.... and shares with Grimm how he was attacked


Rodion wrote:
Does Rodion know about skulks' claws and the potential of them to cause the observed injuries?

Rodion does not believe there is any way that the skulk's claws could have caused the injuries to Walder.


The skulk cowers at Grimm's demand, and the stench of fear (and maybe a hint of urine) seems to permeate the air.

Skulk-My tribe, the Nisku, does favors for a group of humans here in Belric in exchange for various...gooods. They asked us to rob this place, telling us that it would be lightly guarded at best and there was good treasure to loot.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

that would explain who was firing arrows at us.... realizing that this creature is now the only one who can tie the belric group to the skulks.....Weed moves quickly to the top of the stairs sensing a possible attack on its life lest he give away more info...Weed passes on this realization.....


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“What group of humans? Where do we find them?”


Naugrimm Firebeard wrote:
“What group of humans? Where do we find them?”

I'm not really sure of the answer to either question. Some years ago the humans recruited two of my tribe to work for them full time. Since them it is usually only Kymeth or Onamae that brings us orders or deliveries. We don't ever see any humans.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Grimm....perhaps we should get lady walder and one of the guards to witness what this creature says....that would fulfill our original objective of proving it wasnt the carnival....what we do from there we can decide after..can we heal the creature?


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

did you kill the shopkeeper?


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

To Sanrael: I have no means of healing the Skulk. I am not convinced these creatures killed anyone. I do want to find these two humans he is mentioning. And I worry about telling anyone else what we're hearing now lest we add to the desire for mob justice.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

perhaps its to our advantage that no one knows we are aware of this...but let us help this skulk....Grimm...perhaps we can find our way to the carnival with this skulk and where we can get more information...and it might be our best chance to keep him alive


Weed wrote:
did you kill the shopkeeper?

Skulk, pathetically whimpering-No, no, a thousand times no! We weren't supposed to kill anyone; the business was supposed to be empty and completely unguarded.


Rodion wrote:
To Sanrael: I have no means of healing the Skulk. I am not convinced these creatures killed anyone. I do want to find these two humans he is mentioning. And I worry about telling anyone else what we're hearing now lest we add to the desire for mob justice.

The skulk mentioned the humans recruiting 2 members of his tribe, not 2 actual humans.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Rodion...i believe the two names he gave us where skulks who delegated to these two here today....lets make note of the names...and make our way to the carnival...Eterran...Grimm?? what say you...let us be quick...these humans know we are on to something and will try to quiet us once they realize this fellow is alive...and will come to finish the job and silence us

to the skulk...we can try and tend to your wounds and help you....but first tell us where we can find these kymeth and onamae fellows....lie to us and we will feed you to a sphinx


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

Went back and read the post about the archers attacking Weed, were the archers human, skulk or something else? The post doesn’t indicate but Weed might know.

“Hmmm, maybe the carnival could keep this one while we find Kymeth and Onamae.”

Following up on Weed’s question.
“Answer him! Where be the others of yer tribe?”


Naugrimm Firebeard wrote:

Went back and read the post about the archers attacking Weed, were the archers human, skulk or something else? The post doesn’t indicate but Weed might know.

“Hmmm, maybe the carnival could keep this one while we find Kymeth and Onamae.”

Following up on Weed’s question.
“Answer him! Where be the others of yer tribe?”

Weed couldn't make out the stealthed rooftop attackers while he was running for his life.

The sad skulk gives you directions to the location of his tribe's "village" a few miles away near the town dumps.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

no Grimm...i didnt see if they were human or these fellas...but i suspect human..... weed holds out the arrow


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Well, I suppose Grimm's plan is best. Still, I worry what the state of affairs is in the store, they saw one run out. I fear they might not let us leave with this one . . .


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

thats my fear also....and we cant be sure whos behind this...perhaps even the sheriff....so we go.....cautiously....or stay....to what end...perhaps we can tell lady walder and the guards that a skulk committed the murder and one got away....but the other died in the trap Weed shrugs and says sorry fella to the skulk...
....and mystery solved...we can go back to carnival and then find these go between skulks


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

DM: Did we finish inspecting the vault? If so:

“Let’s head out to the carnival with our guest. Keep an eye out everyone.”

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

weed describes the direction he chased the skulk....suggesting a different route


Perception rolls for the remaining party members please (already have Grimm's).


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

per: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Eterran bot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


1d20 ⇒ 4

The party makes its way back to the Carnival. The crowds there are less, but there are still a fair number of folks about. On the way there the party catches sight of a few forms atop the roofs of buildings in the town. They seem to track you for a while but leave off once you move towards the Carnival.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

phewww....we made it.....so whomever it is...knows were we are


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

Ask to see Delisen.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Weed checks on the skulks condition


After a few brief moments of waiting you are brought before Delisen. The skulk seems a little worse for wear and could certainly use some healing at some point.

Delisen-I hear you have been busy; what news have you uncovered to represent our case?


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“Seems there was a conspiracy to rob Walder’s business, this retch was part of it. He’s given us a lead that should lead to others involved. Bet there the one’s as murdered Walder. Can you keep him in custody while we continue our investigation?”


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

the party responsible for this is likely aware this skulk is here and divulging information....humans in the town hired the skulks to rob the shop....however...we dont think it was them that killed the shopkeeper...one of the skulks got away and i was pierced by an arrow from archers watching us from rooftops...and these same figures likely saw us coming here


Delisen-Of course we will keep him here safe and secure; we aren't worried about rooftop archers here. Have you notified the Sheriff of your findings; what is your next move?


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“We’re gonna chase down this one’s friends and see if we can find the humans that put ‘em up to the robbery.”

Off to the village by the dump.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Weed follows along with Grimm
lets us be....how might one say....discreet about this Grimm....they will likely be expecting a visit...i wouldnt be surprised to see them done in already by the humans to keep their identity secret...we dont want to be walking into a trap


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“Think we need to pay’em a visit whether they’re expectin us or no. Don’t think we’re very good at sneakin or trap findin! Do ya have another idea?”


The party moves out, cautiously, towards the described area.

Perception checks for all those that dare tread near the village by the dump!


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

No ideas here . . .

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Weed proceeds as planned...but keeps a sharp eye for whats above them....
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
it might be best to be discreet as we approach....as i said earlier...and not go barging in as your Kin are apt to Grimm


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


The party makes its way a few miles out of town towards a small ravine that Belric uses to dispose of its refuse. Weed spots a lightly used trail that winds its way up towards the top of the ravine and he can see a few semi-concealed structures there. It seems that the citizens of Belric are relatively aware of the skulk's presence but are willing to tolerate them living off of their scraps.

851 to 900 of 1,134 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Tiger's Heart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.