Tiger's Heart

Game Master Torvald Torvaldson

Our adventure begins in the small town of Belric, just on the western edge of the Arthfell Forest in Andoran.


751 to 800 of 896 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Off to walders!


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Rodion is ready to go to Walder's


The party makes its way to The Locked Box. The building itself appears sturdy and solid-heavy wooden doors, thick walls, and no windows. Most of the office appears to be on the single ground floor.

Two guards stand outside the main door, seeing your note from the Sheriff the pass you through where you find a teary-eyed Agnes Walder going through some papers. She looks up as you enter and just stares at you blankly-Yes; what..., she murmurs.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

“Morning Lady Walder, my name’s Naugrimm and these are my companions Weed, Rodion and Eterran. We are very sorry for your loss, we’re helping the sheriff investigate your husband’s murder in order to bring the killer to justice. May we ask you some questions?”


Lady Walder perks up after listening to Grimm-Of course, sir dwarf. If any understand the lament of loss it is those of the Halls. I will do anything I can to resolve my husband's murder. Ask your questions; I am at your disposal.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“Do ya have any suspicions on who committed the murder? Did your husband do anything out of the ordinary the last few weeks? Can you describe the stolen items, do ya think they were after anything in particular? With your permission we’d like to take a look around your business and interview your guards as well?”

If anyone else has questions, ask away.


Lady Walder responds-I have no suspicions outside of the evidence that points to that monstrous Sphinx at the Carnival. I don't think that makes much sense, but my husband and his job had a way of making many enemies.

The last few weeks seemed quite ordinary.

She gives you a general description of the goods. Nothing extraordinary in description, but several gems of high value. She gives you her blessing to look around and talk with the guards.


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

I find the guard that brought Walder's body back, Were there any distinguishing marks about the injuries to the body of Walder? Size of claw marks or teeth marks? Fur or skin at the scene? Anything that might help.


Guard-Walder was clawed pretty badly. Something big too. Didn't find anything else of note except for the paw marks. Strange though, there was no way to tell where the creature came from; the paw tracks just appeared in the area of the murder.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“Has anyone that come by here lately acted suspicious, who do ya think might have done the robbery?”


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

Did it look like wolf paws?


Naugrimm Firebeard wrote:
“Has anyone that come by here lately acted suspicious, who do ya think might have done the robbery?”

None more suspicious than usual. We get a lot of unsavory types here trying to settle their debts.

I think it's those filthy carnies and their troop. Send in their magical beastie to commit the murder and distract us and then have the rest of the villains try and make off with the goods. Sounds just like a bunch of traveling vagrants. Hope the Sheriff locks up every one of them!


Eterran wrote:
Did it look like wolf paws?

No offense sir, but I'm just a simple man of the city. I could barely tell the difference between a hoof and a paw much less what a wolf paw looks like. Don't get a lot of wolves ambling around these streets, no sir.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

where were you when the murder was committed


Guard-I was here at my post in the Locked Box.


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

I'm thinking werewolf. Paws started here because this is were the transformation took place. Still doesn't help us find out who it is though.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“Hmmmm, maybe Eterran, but could also be a flying creature did it.”


The guard sits quietly, waiting to answer any further questions.


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

Is there aerial access where he was attacked?


The guard looks at Eterran more than a little perplexed-Arial what now?


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

Was there space for the mermaid to have flown in?


The guard looks at Eterran, unable to respond, mind in full meltdown mode.


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Rodion mutters: Mermaid . . .

To the guard: Can you take us to where the murder took place?

To Lady Walder: Would you allow us to see the body?


Rodion wrote:

Rodion mutters: Mermaid . . .

To the guard: Can you take us to where the murder took place?

To Lady Walder: Would you allow us to see the body?

The guard can take you to the scene of the crime, but you have already been there once and investigated before Eterran destroyed any remaining trace of the tracks.

The Lady Walder consents to let you see the body, which is currently being prepared at the local funeral home.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

Off to the funeral home unless we want to go looking for flying mermaids instead.


AC 21; HP 36; init +3; Perception + 7

What are you guys talking about....must be something in the air.

Curral shakes his head. Let's go get some visual information. I feel a song coming on.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

i believe...i saw something about the time you were at the circus....wouldnt you have seen something flying in or out...at the same time i was watching odd shadows in the night....or whatever it was i saw...it certainly wasnt a sphinx....


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

ooh, that changes everything. Did you see where it was coming from or going?


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

neither


Lady Walder looks at the party-Do you want to search the shop at all? The Sheriff didn't do much besides write down what I think was stolen, and I haven't had the energy to go through it yet.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

“Aye Lady Walder. Let’s take a good look around lads.”

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

Search about. perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Rodion does his part:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

weed joins in on the search....carefully scrutinizing
perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


The Lady Walder lets you into the showroom:

Lamps illuminate this large showroom. Glass display cases, broken in a few places, line the walls, while two additional cases sit like islands in the center of the room. The cases contain an eclectic mix of valuables such as unusual tools, masterwork weapons, jewelry, fine china, antiques, and artwork. A set of merchant’s scales rests on top of one of the display cases.

There are single doors in the NE and NW walls respectively and a pair of double doors in the center of the N wall that head down into the vault.

The glass cases are 4' high and individually locked, though some were smashed open during the robbery. Broken glass has been swept up into careful piles.

Some gems and jewelry were left behind during the robbery, and they have been cleaned up and laid out on polishing cloths.


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Grimm walks about the room searching for possible clues, then to the vault.


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

Check out the two cases. perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


The room looks like it fell victim to a simple smash and grab. The cases in the center of the room are completely stripped.

Grimm advances to the double doors at the far end of the room. The solid wood doors open without protest, revealing a short flight of stairs leading downward into darkness.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

weed looks about...where was found?


Dwarf Cleric 2 AC18/FF18/T10 HP:16 Init:+0 Melee: +3/1d8+2(x3) Ranged: +1
Spells:
0:Detect Magic, Light, Mend; Read Magic. 1st(3+D):Bless, Divine Favor, Comp Languages, Burning Hands
Saves:
Fort+5/Ref+0/Will+6(+5 v spells, SLA, +3 v poison)
channel:
1d6(5/day)
Skills:
ArmChk-6,App1,Blf1,Cli2,Dip7,Dis1,EA0,Fly0,Hel3,Intim1,K-arc5,K-his5,K-nat5 ,K-pla5,K-rel7,Per7,SM9,Stl0,Sur3,Swm0

Grimm will cast light on his shield and head down the stairs.


The light from Grimm's shield illuminates the way ahead for the others as he makes his way down the stairs.

Anyone making their way down the stairs sees:

A bare corridor leads to the double doors of the vault. A hook for a hanging lantern is mounted on the western wall at the base of the stairs, and underneath it is a single chair. The corridor is about 10' wide and 30' long.


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

where exactly was your husband found? Weed inquires


Does Weed go back to the front of the shop where Lady Walder is to ask the question or did he for some reason not move forward with the rest of the party as indicated by your searching post above?


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

well weed never said he was moving forward with party....so still in front of shop asking


Weed wrote:

weed joins in on the search....carefully scrutinizing

[dice=perception]1d20+11

Oh really Mr. Weed?

In any case ~insert DM's dramatic sigh of irritation~ the Lady Walder tells you exactly where the body was found: Where you have already searched and previously asked the guard about (also above).


Aasimar Barbarian 2 AC17/FF15/T12 HP:25 Init:+2 Melee: +7/1d12+6(x3) Ranged: +3/1d8(19-20x3)
Saves:
Fort+6 /Ref+2 /Will+1
Rage:
12rnds(+6class,+3con,+3trt)
Skills:
Acr+6, Cli+4, Hand+4, Int+6, K-nat+4, Per+6, Ride+2, Sur+6, Swm+4, Senmot+3

Inspect the hallway, hook, chair and vault doors for anything interesting. If nothing, head into the vault.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

-man, my perception rolls have been el stinko!-


AC 13; HP 11; INIT +8; PERCEPT +8
Spells:
0: 4/day; 1:3/day
Saves:
Fort +1 Ref +2 Will +3

Rodion assists with the search:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Weed stands corrected and bows to the very perceptive DM

Weed looks about...

per: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31


Weed's keen eyes pick out a series of mismatched tiles on the floor filling a 10' square just in front of the vault's double doors.

He thinks maybe some type of pit trap?


AC 18; HP 20 INIT +2 Perception +11
Melee:
greatsword+7;2d6+6 power attack+6; 2d6+10
Saves:
+5 FORT; +2 REF; 0 WILL (+1 against fear Bravery)

Weed calls out to the party and tells them what he thinks he may have seen....

751 to 800 of 896 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / A Tiger's Heart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.